Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+10
Sissy1946
Phil-Good
Murph
WTF
Oracle
Fennis Dembo
Go Stones!
merc
deusXango
Sebastian
14 posters

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 10 Empty 30 Unanswered Points

Post  WTF Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:10 pm

lemonpen wrote:It was 105 deg on the field.  The 3rd quarter went something like this.

D surrenders TD off of a 12 play drive lasting 5 minutes & 39 seconds
Our offense ran,   4 plays giving the D 1 minute & 26 seconds of rest B4 turning the ball over @ SD 41 yd line.
D gets ball back @ DET 35 yd line
Our offense ran,   3 plays giving the D 1 minuet & 22 seconds of rest B4 turning the ball over @ DET 27 yard line.
D surrenders TD
Our offense ran,   4 plays giving the D 3 minuets & 6 seconds of rest B4 punting

Without hydration & rest our defense is freakin exhausted by now.

I agree but you still can't rest the loss on Stafford's shoulders when the run game with south, the play calling was questionable and the offensive line got man-handled. That first INT came off a blitz of an unblocked pass rusher on his blind side by the time Stafford cocked his arm that rusher was already into to his body I'm not even sure if it was a pass or just getting the hell knocked out him that put the ball in the air. That INT wasn't a result of a bad throw nothing you can blame Stafford for. You can blame him from the lack of production from the run game that allowed the Chargers defense to blitz at will. To added injury to insult I don't think Stafford was ever right after that hit he was scraped up like a bike falling of his bike. That **** probably still burning.

19-30 is better than 60 percent of his passes, the 2 INT I totally put on the offensive line. My point Manning was 19 of 40 and barely won some crazy **** like that, so **** happens but Lions fans are so quick to miss everything else about a loss and simply focus on Stafford. If you're run game isn't a threat and the offensive line playing as tough as feathers, how and the hell the passing game work.

The Defense wasn't tired on that first surrendering of a TD coming out of half time and it was a blown assignment at the end of half time that started the run of 30 unanswered.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 10 Empty 30 Unanswered Points

Post  lemonpen Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:48 pm

It was 105 deg on the field.  The 3rd quarter went something like this.

D surrenders TD off of a 12 play drive lasting 5 minutes & 39 seconds
Our offense ran,   4 plays giving the D 1 minute & 26 seconds of rest B4 turning the ball over @ SD 41 yd line.
D gets ball back @ DET 35 yd line
Our offense ran,   3 plays giving the D 1 minuet & 22 seconds of rest B4 turning the ball over @ DET 27 yard line.
D surrenders TD
Our offense ran,   4 plays giving the D 3 minuets & 6 seconds of rest B4 punting

Without hydration & rest our defense is freakin exhausted by now.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 10 Empty Championships Are Hard To Come By

Post  WTF Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:09 am

Yes Rip, Chauncey, Big Ben and Sheed all should have their numbers retired if not all 4 then definitely both Chauncey and Rip. I'm not sure if Chuck has a #1 Jersey hanging in the rafters in his honor or not but Chauncey should be honored someway. Back to Back final appearances and their 7 year run of ECF they deserve it.

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 10 Empty Not Buying It

Post  WTF Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:01 am

Sound like someone just yakking making their on assumptions about this. Why is it always the Phoenix media yakking about the Morris Twins? Why does any and all the news about these 2 comes straight out of Phoenix. I know I question SVG methods but I don't think SVG would have made the trade if he thought this would blow up in his face. Would our organization be that stupid to not do their homework on this thing beyond SVG I think Gores would have nip the whole trade scenario in the bud if they were thinking Jail time or suspension.Where is our local media on this matter what investigating have they done on this.

The thing that really stood out in this yak piece is that the only actual witnesses are the victims could it simply be that yes the Twins people whipped some ass but the Twins never touched them and that this is a money grab or an attempt at one. If guilt was so evident and clear cut they would already be locked out but this clowns thinks that because the process isn't being rushed it spells doom for the twins.

Okay the NBA isn't talking about this, ESPN isn't talking about it, the Pistons isn't talking about it, the Twins aren't talking about it, local media isn't talking about it, the only one that is talking is this rag out of Phoenix who can't even spell the twins name right.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 10 Empty I WATCHED THE DAMN GAME

Post  WTF Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:33 am

Oracle wrote:Because you sure aren't saying anything!

I gave reasons and FACTS, you respond with... I don't know what you're talking about. I thought you knew something about football or sports, but when you say don't blame Stafford with no data, it's weird!

I can't believe you've played any sports, because I don't know anybody in sports or that has played any competitive sport that doesn't understand that when you get hit in the face, you either respond or you're a complete pu$$y and a loser! You also must not have seen the game, and lastly, I'm not like you, I don't play favorites in that way! I can have a favorite player or 3, but I don't pick on players for ANY reason other than performance... stop projecting!

The Lions got hit with 30 unanswered points, and they guy that's responsible for scoring any points can't even get his team in field goal range, and you don't see that as the SINGLE reason for the loss?

Ok, you win, I'll leave this alone, obviously we see sports from wildly different perspectives!

I'm sure you won't blame the Pistons if they go scoreless for a half, you'd blame it on their defense... Yikes lol lol lol

Oh I watch the game, and yes I know football better than I do basketball or any other sport. Okay here you're detail Stafford goes 19-30 not a great stat but not horrible either. He had 2 INT neither of them his fault because the offense lied down on both INT hell one might not even been a pass at considering how hard he got rocked and the ball never made it across the line of scrimmage.

Lions had a total of 69 rushing yards off 16 rushing attempts with the bulk of that coming in the first half of the game. We can talk about the Chargers having the ball 17 more minutes, we can talk about being 3 of 11 on third down conversions. I don't think you watched the game I think you watched Stafford and decided that everything was his fault. Seriously would you blame a PG's assist totals on a teams bad shooting performance? you can but would you really lol Come on Oracle the defense gave up 30 unanswered points not Stafford and the 3 and outs were not the sole issue as much as it was blown coverage and poor tackling.

Truth is the Chargers defense came out and kick the Lions offensive lines ass by shutting down the run game and pressuring the QB. What your saying is that 9 in-completed passes resulted in a 30 point run by the Chargers. I can't even say or conclude Stafford choked so I won't simplify coming to a conclusion to just blame it on Stafford.

BTW yes you do single out Stafford lol lol lol I can't recall a single time you haven't even not even last season when the team went 11-5. A QB is only as good as his team is. All the defense had to do was protect a lead, the defense spent more time on the field because they couldn't stop the Chargers offense allowing them long drives down the field.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 10 Empty You may be laughing...

Post  Oracle Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:46 am

Because you sure aren't saying anything!

I gave reasons and FACTS, you respond with... I don't know what you're talking about. I thought you knew something about football or sports, but when you say don't blame Stafford with no data, it's weird!

I can't believe you've played any sports, because I don't know anybody in sports or that has played any competitive sport that doesn't understand that when you get hit in the face, you either respond or you're a complete pu$$y and a loser! You also must not have seen the game, and lastly, I'm not like you, I don't play favorites in that way! I can have a favorite player or 3, but I don't pick on players for ANY reason other than performance... stop projecting!

The Lions got hit with 30 unanswered points, and they guy that's responsible for scoring any points can't even get his team in field goal range, and you don't see that as the SINGLE reason for the loss?

Ok, you win, I'll leave this alone, obviously we see sports from wildly different perspectives!

I'm sure you won't blame the Pistons if they go scoreless for a half, you'd blame it on their defense... Yikes lol lol lol
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 10 Empty LMAO!!!

Post  WTF Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:38 pm

Oracle wrote:
Wise wrote:This was easily a game they should have won, could have won but didn't. Being up 21-3 only to see 30 unanswered points points clearly to the defense and not Staffford.

Seriously?

That logic is so far off the mark, it makes me wonder about my good buddy lol 

Let's see how crazy that is,
But as usual, I'm sure you've dug your hole and will wait until you get blown to bits before you recognize that the war is over lol lol lol

I know you can't stand Stafford but he didn't lose this game the defense did. A lot of coverage issues defense. By no means am I'm saying Satfford goes blameless but he didn't lose this this game.

But really even some of the best teams had issues going on the road and winning the very first game of the season just about every team struggle and the first 3-4 games are toss ups for the most part. Hell some of them were struggling at home.....

I bet if Moose was the QB you'll be making excuses for him. Stafford was 11-5 last season though you would rather give all the credit to the defense Stafford won those games.

We also forget that Mega is on the downside and haven't played a single down until that game, the same with Bell, and a revamp offensive line that almost got him injured Sunday.

Too early to be blasting the Lions or Stafford after 1 game.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 10 Empty Morris Twins = Trouble

Post  Oracle Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:06 pm

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 10 Empty OMG Wise...

Post  Oracle Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:15 pm

Wise wrote:This was easily a game they should have won, could have won but didn't. Being up 21-3 only to see 30 unanswered points points clearly to the defense and not Staffford.

Seriously?

That logic is so far off the mark, it makes me wonder about my good buddy lol 

Let's see how crazy that is,

1. The offense with all of those weapons scored 14 points of the 21, the defense scored 7! The offense basically scored all of those points in 1 quarter, then took the rest of the game off, leaving the defense to play 3 quarters with no support!
  2. The offense averaged just over 3 plays per possession, basically going 3 and out every time!
  3. Logic should have led you to a simple fact: If the offense can't score, the defense is on the field for 3 quarters in 105 degree heat, and somehow you conclude that it's the fault of the defense?
  4. Call me crazy, but if you get staked to an 18 point lead, the ONLY way you lose that lead is if your OFFENSE fails to keep up with the other team!
  5. Finally, how many times do you have to see the EXACT same thing before it registers? This was the Dallas game and countless others. Stafford chokes in the 2nd half when the real men step up and deliver... SOS!

But as usual, I'm sure you've dug your hole and will wait until you get blown to bits before you recognize that the war is over lol lol lol
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 10 Empty Moose Is Moses Spelled Wrong One Too Many O's and Lacking An "S"

Post  WTF Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:12 am

Oracle wrote:
merc wrote:Mr. Malone represented the anti-gravity HOF talent... he was a perfect blend of hustle, leverage & willpower.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUNGfF1ZqZQ

Thanks Merc, and looking at that video, it reminds me of how skilled the big men were in that era!

Malone and Kareem could score in a variety of ways, and were still expected to play defense!

But at only 60, he went way too soon!

Watching this remind me of what I miss most about 80's basketball and why I been so hard on players like Moose. Moose is built in the mold of players like Moses and Lanier but doesn't have a fraction of the heart and effort both these guys play with. Just look at the one dribble, one step power moves of Moses and you see what a lot of these current pussy are missing in their game. These guys ran into the post threw their hand in the air demanding give me the ball I got this and often carried their team.

There was nothing fancy about what Moses did, he didn't have great hops, and a **** load of moves just a lot of will and determination to get it done so seeing a player of comparable size with better offense skills be as passive and weak as Moose just made my stomach turn. IMO the extra O is being over-rated and the lack of the S clearly represents substance.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 10 Empty When will they win??? I'll Say This Sunday

Post  WTF Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:59 am

Oracle wrote:It could be more than a month, I have no words for Stafford's ass!!!

30 unanswered points after the defense stakes us to a 21-3 lead!

When you get 30 unanswered points, its' time to start questioning heart! Tell me again about how many weapons Stafford has around him? It doesn't matter, he can't get off one single shot, the dude has ZERO heart!

It's getting cloudy in the Motor City...
FORUM - Page 10 Image

This was easily a game they should have won, could have won but didn't. Being up 21-3 only to see 30 unanswered points points clearly to the defense and not Staffford. The points are going to come but the offensive line was suspect at times in the second half of that game and the defense wasn't at it best in the heat (105 degree heat) as we watch them cramping up one after the other.

None of this is an excuse because they should have easily won this game.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 10 Empty I like this article, Drummond a bit better defender than I thought...

Post  Oracle Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:07 pm

http://hardwoodparoxysm.com/2015/09/14/concerning-coaches-stan-van-gundys-success-once-again-is-tied-to-his-center/ wrote:Van Gundy is one of the reasons the pick-and-roll is so popular. In fact, his point guards accounted for four of the top five players in the NBA last season most frequently used as the ball handler in such plays, according to NBA.com statistics.

Jackson tops the list, executing a pick-and-roll 61.7 percent of the time he’s on the floor. The team scores about 40 percent of the time Jackson handles the ball in pick-and-roll situations–a figure that shows opportunity for growth.

Some of that has to do with Detroit’s struggles to score at the rim. As a team, the Pistons converted on just 54.7 percent of shots near the basket (the fourth worst mark in the league). You can attribute some of the struggle to how clogged the paint was when both Drummond and Greg Monroe shared the floor, forcing opposing bigs to hang out near the rim more often. With Jackson manning the point and Drummond now the lone big man, the Pistons will have more room to operate.

Surrendering Monroe to the Milwaukee Bucks is the current underlying the Pistons season. Yes, Van Gundy gave one of his best individual players, but he decided on #TeamDrummond and is building the roster appropriately.

Drummond is entering his fourth season and his numbers have improved every year, most recently up to 13.8 points and 13.5 rebounds per game.  However, he still needs to get better at finishing around the rim (67.3 percent, about league average according to StatMuse.com) and on defense (with a Defensive Box Plus-Minus of 1.1, he’s good but has room to grow) to be the Anchor (with a capital ‘A’) Van Gundy needs.

On the wing, Van Gundy has guys to space the floor around Drummond: Combinations of Ersan Ilyasova, Anthony Tolliver, deep pocketed Jodie Meeks, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, Marcus Morris and rookie Stanley Johnson will fill out the perimeter.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 10 Empty Jennings is a huge key for us!

Post  Oracle Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:50 pm

Don't sleep on the importance of Jennings, he's likely the third most important key to the future of this team than anybody short of Drummond & Jackson!

Here's why Jennings is so important.

1. He could easily be an important wild card off the bench, so much so that he could improve our seeding in the playoffs.
  2. He can either push Jackson to new heights, hopefully to master the 3 point shot, or take his job
  3. But likely the biggest impact he can have is to play well, and with the new CBA, become a HUGE value in trade for us to fill in some holes!

Here's hoping that Jennings comes back strong!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 10 Empty OMG, a Great One Dies

Post  Oracle Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:39 pm

merc wrote:Mr. Malone represented the anti-gravity HOF talent... he was a perfect blend of hustle, leverage & willpower.

Thanks Merc, and looking at that video, it reminds me of how skilled the big men were in that era!

Malone and Kareem could score in a variety of ways, and were still expected to play defense!

But at only 60, he went way too soon!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 10 Empty Lions: This quote from an article says it all...

Post  Oracle Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:36 pm

"Matthew Stafford’s road struggles continue
Following Sunday’s 33-28 loss to the San Diego Chargers, the Detroit Lions are now 14-25 on the road with Stafford under center in his career. And while a potential arm injury on a hard hit in the second half might have played a role this week, it’s readily apparent that the former No. 1 pick is nowhere near the same quarterback on the road as he is at home.

Overall, Stafford is 0-18 on the road against winning teams in his career. And while the Chargers win on Sunday didn’t add to that horrific stat, it still tells us a story of a quarterback that struggles against above-average competition. This will continue to be the albatross around Stafford’s neck until he proves the skeptics wrong. It’s also something we will continue to drive into the conversation until he stems the tide and starts performing at a higher clip against good teams. Throwing two interceptions in a road game after starting out the afternoon on solid footing is bad enough. Not finding a way to rebound makes the situation that much more bleak at this point."
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 10 Empty RIP Moses

Post  merc Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:41 pm

Mr. Malone represented the anti-gravity HOF talent... he was a perfect blend of hustle, leverage & willpower.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 10 Empty When will they win???

Post  Oracle Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:59 pm

It could be more than a month, I have no words for Stafford's ass!!!

30 unanswered points after the defense stakes us to a 21-3 lead!

When you get 30 unanswered points, its' time to start questioning heart! Tell me again about how many weapons Stafford has around him? It doesn't matter, he can't get off one single shot, the dude has ZERO heart!

It's getting cloudy in the Motor City...
FORUM - Page 10 Image
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 10 Empty Morris AWOL

Post  Murph Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:51 am

Oracle wrote:
Morris: This dude is such a wild card that I almost have a hard time believing he's really a part of the team, and that's bad!!! He should be here working out with the team, but he isn't!

He's not found in any of the pictures, and at this point, I'm not sure he casts a reflection in a mirror!

Morris is only making $5 million a year.  Cut his whining, sulking, complaining ass.  If he doesn't want to play here, ef him.

I mean we pay Smith $14 million a year to not play.  Compared to that, Morris' $5 million is a drop in the ocean.  And Tom Gores doesn't seem to mind wasting money

Start Stanley Johnson.   SJ wants to play in Detroit.  He's embraced the Bad Boy image.  It's as if the kid was born to be a Piston.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 10 Empty Variables By The Ton I'll Say

Post  WTF Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:06 am

Oracle wrote:
WISEFAN wrote:
They do whatever they're told, and are afraid to deviate from that for a lot of reasons.

The above is the case I'm pointing out and the issue he'll face being in SVG system.  If they can't deviate then they need to succeed at doing what SVG needs.   As I said SVG is hell bent on running this system of his and this doesn't play out well for Pope if he's not knocking down the long ball. - IMO, SVG is a bit more flexible that we've been giving him, and this KCP thing is what turned me around. He isn't working on his handles and ability to get to the rim in a vacuum, this is being orchestrated by SVG and the coaching team. I think they realize what you mistakenly point out in the next paragraph!

Know to slightly disput the notion that great handles are required for player to get a shot off I'll start with Reggie Miller couldn't dribble to save his life but shot his ass off,  no shocker here Rip was as good as gold with his mid-range and required screens and speed to get open, but we cringe every time he had to dribble. Glen Rice, Robert Horry all with susupect handles even Jesus Shuttlesworth has questionable NBA handles.  - That's not a dispute, it's a confusion! Are you seriously comparing some of the greatest shooters in NBA history to KCP??? Great shooters just need you to blink, and it's over, KCP will never be confused with dudes at that level, and that's why he needs to employ every tool in the toolbox to maximize the chance that the ball goes through the hole! SVG & Staff have wisely decided that in order to make KCP more effective, he needs to mix up shooting 3's and getting to the rim, and it does fit within his 4 out 1 in offense! Sort of what Flip used to do! None of his schemes were pure, he played a lot of modifications off of standard defensive and offensive schemes, which is why his playbook was famously so huge!

Okay handles does keep a defender honest but rest assure the first time Pope deviates and blows by a defender he better damn sure make sure he finish at the basket or his ass will be toast.  Totally agree!

I'm not knocking youth because he could be 6 years in the case remains either a player skills fit or it doesn't - I don't agree with that, I think it's the other way around! Players with talent find ways to fit! If you said the fit may never be optimal, I could agree, but there is yet another variable to consider. If the player provides enough value, a coach can modify his system to make it work better. None of this is as simple as it being black or white!

Okay you're correct if KCP can do enough things and provide enough value in certain areas that his perimeter shooting can be over looked then perhaps you're right. But also I agree that there are a ****-load of variables in what direction KCP goes and what SVG ecpectation truly are in terms of how he should fit. The biggest variables and the one that cause me doubt in this matter of fitting is the difference between being a shooter and a scorer and all those variables to if he'll work in SVG system.

I hear what you're saying good coaches can make a player fit, we saw that with every coach that had a Dennis Rodman. But the variable hear becomes or is will SVG or is SVG as good as those coaches? I don't think so. SVG remains me of very decent coaches that where stuck in their ways unable to deviate themselves, coaches like Karl, Collins and so on who ultimately get canned before winning a title. As much as I couldn't stand Monroe and all his flaws, I also know that better coach would have been able make Josh, Greg and Andre work if they used these 3 to their strengths oppose to their weakness. It's this stubbornness of SVG that tells me he won't help KCP case.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 10 Empty Lemon

Post  Oracle Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:34 pm

KCP: IMO, if you pick up a dictionary, next to inconsistent on the road, you'll see dudes on rookie contracts!

I do think KCP's road/home numbers were some of the worst I've seen recently, so I don't want to minimize the facts, but hopefully that clears up with experience. In addition, there is a team component in that, because if your team plays worse on the road, it ripples through most of the players.

Morris: This dude is such a wild card that I almost have a hard time believing he's really a part of the team, and that's bad!!! He should be here working out with the team, but he isn't!

He's not found in any of the pictures, and at this point, I'm not sure he casts a reflection in a mirror!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 10 Empty I think I'm hearing you, but a few more questions...

Post  Oracle Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:26 pm

WISEFAN wrote:
They do whatever they're told, and are afraid to deviate from that for a lot of reasons.

The above is the case I'm pointing out and the issue he'll face being in SVG system.  If they can't deviate then they need to succeed at doing what SVG needs.   As I said SVG is hell bent on running this system of his and this doesn't play out well for Pope if he's not knocking down the long ball. - IMO, SVG is a bit more flexible that we've been giving him, and this KCP thing is what turned me around. He isn't working on his handles and ability to get to the rim in a vacuum, this is being orchestrated by SVG and the coaching team. I think they realize what you mistakenly point out in the next paragraph!

Know to slightly disput the notion that great handles are required for player to get a shot off I'll start with Reggie Miller couldn't dribble to save his life but shot his ass off,  no shocker here Rip was as good as gold with his mid-range and required screens and speed to get open, but we cringe every time he had to dribble. Glen Rice, Robert Horry all with susupect handles even Jesus Shuttlesworth has questionable NBA handles.  - That's not a dispute, it's a confusion! Are you seriously comparing some of the greatest shooters in NBA history to KCP??? Great shooters just need you to blink, and it's over, KCP will never be confused with dudes at that level, and that's why he needs to employ every tool in the toolbox to maximize the chance that the ball goes through the hole! SVG & Staff have wisely decided that in order to make KCP more effective, he needs to mix up shooting 3's and getting to the rim, and it does fit within his 4 out 1 in offense! Sort of what Flip used to do! None of his schemes were pure, he played a lot of modifications off of standard defensive and offensive schemes, which is why his playbook was famously so huge!

Okay handles does keep a defender honest but rest assure the first time Pope deviates and blows by a defender he better damn sure make sure he finish at the basket or his ass will be toast.  Totally agree!

I'm not knocking youth because he could be 6 years in the case remains either a player skills fit or it doesn't - I don't agree with that, I think it's the other way around! Players with talent find ways to fit! If you said the fit may never be optimal, I could agree, but there is yet another variable to consider. If the player provides enough value, a coach can modify his system to make it work better. None of this is as simple as it being black or white!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 10 Empty Concerned

Post  lemonpen Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:15 am

I'm concerned about this Morris kid. He is undoubtedly spending the summer listening to his brother's negativism toward the Suns and maybe the some directed at the Stones. There is beefing about the size of contracts. Not to mention a pending legal case. We haven't heard much positive info. I wonder if there is anything positive on the horizon.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 10 Empty KCP

Post  lemonpen Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:47 am

It was noted several times last season that Popes highest shooting % was off of the catch-and-shoot. His efficiency fell off of a cliff when he was forced to shoot off of the dribble. An improved handle isn't going to change the % alone unless there truly is more room to finish at the rim.

IMO KCP needs to fix a much greater flaw that lies between his ears. His offensive splits indicate he is a drastically different (spelled W.O.R.S.E.) player on the ROAD.
Home: FG 45%, 3pFG 39%, Pts 16/gm, +5 +/-, all very nice.
Road: FG 35%, 3pFG 28%, Pts 10/gm, -3 +/-, look out below!!!

He must to learn to feed off of a hostile crowd.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 10 Empty Don't Think You're Hearing Me

Post  WTF Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:33 pm

The above is the case I'm pointing out and the issue he'll face being in SVG system. If they can't deviate then they need to succeed at doing what SVG needs. As I said SVG is hell bent on running this system of his and this doesn't play out well for Pope if he's not knocking down the long ball.

Know to slightly disput the notion that great handles are required for player to get a shot off I'll start with Reggie Miller couldn't dribble to save his life but shot his ass off, no shocker here Rip was as good as gold with his mid-range and required screens and speed to get open, but we cringe every time he had to dribble. Glen Rice, Robert Horry all with susupect handles even Jesus Shuttlesworth has questionable NBA handles.

Okay handles does keep a defender honest but rest assure the first time Pope deviates and blows by a defender he better damn sure make sure he finish at the basket or his ass will be toast.

I'm not knocking youth because he could be 6 years in the case remains either a player skills fit or it doesn't
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 10 Empty LOGO IS FINE

Post  WTF Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:13 pm

Think they should have stuck with the Bad Boy logo but I'm okay with the logo really. I like the Lions logo, the Old English D is still intact and Wings logo hasn't changed. I'm all for keeping tradition. It I would die if the Wolverines change their helmets.

They can mess with the color scheme if they choose but don't change the logo unless its back to the original logo.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 10 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next