Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+10
Sissy1946
Phil-Good
Murph
WTF
Oracle
Fennis Dembo
Go Stones!
merc
deusXango
Sebastian
14 posters

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty Cuts

Post  Murph Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:31 am

Here are some interesting names that didn't make their final NBA roster cuts:

Perry Jones III
Ryan Boatright
Quincy Miller
Austin Daye
Samuel Dalembert
Nick Johnson
Jeremy Tyler
Chuck Hayes
John Lucas III
Keith Benson
Nick Wiggins
Thanasis Antetokounmpo
Dejuan Summers
Jimmer Fredette
EJ Singler
Josh Harrellson
Ish Smith

Good luck in the D-League fellas.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty Preseaon

Post  Murph Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:24 am

Based on their preseason performance, SJ should start at SF and Morris should start at stretch 4. Then Bullock should backup Johnson, and Ilyasova should backup Morris.

Based on preseason.

Just saying...

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty You nailed it Sissy!!!

Post  Oracle Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:43 pm

Steve Blake had as many turnovers as points, but if you watched the game, he was a HUGE difference maker!

Sure he dished 12 dimes, but all assists aren't created equal! Jackson gets assists because players make shots, so does Blake, but he adds another dimension, his assists also make plays work, and some are just a thing of beauty... truly a pass first, play making guard!

Stanley Johnson scored a team high 20 points, but it was really Morris that was the star! Morris not only scored 17 points, he led the team in rebounds with 10, and dished 3 dimes, and did it more efficiently, less shots, and in fewer minutes... impressive!

Meeks finally had a decent game, and Hilliard had a couple of nice sequences which I hope he savors, because he may not see the floor for quite some time, unless we're blowing teams out!

Hard to judge this game because the Hawks were so short handed and playing scrubs, but it's always nice to get a W in front of the home town crowd!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty Oracle

Post  Sissy1946 Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:02 pm

hehe
Oracle wrote:I agree totally, here is what I posted elsewhere,

Oracle wrote:Reggie Jackson is horrible right now, and if Jennings can regain his form, he'll easily take his job!

1. Reggie does not break defenses down! He more often than not dribbles into trouble for no good reason.
2. His execution of the pick & roll with Drummond is the worst I've seen, and this is the biggest issue!

The pick & roll(PnR) with Drummond is almost unstoppable, and since we don't have a "Go To" player until Johnson matures, that was our "Go To" play that almost never fails! How do I know that?

Well, when Jennings was running the team, the hallmark of that team was that he used the PnR, or the threat of it to open space for shooters. But the biggest thing was that in game after game, he used it to CLOSE out games.

We'll never be able to close out games like Jennings did with Reggie because NOBODY fears his 3 point shooting. Jennings had to be accounted for as soon as he crossed mid court, whereas they simply play off of Reggie and wait for a bad decision.

In short, Jennings broke defenses down, forcing them to do things they don't want to and forcing a change in the defensive structure!

Watch the end of that Spurs game we had on their court, when Jennings turned the corner, their butts got tight because they knew that if the attacked him, Drummond was going to get the Oop, which left a tiny lane to the hoop for Jennings!

We need Jackson to get a LOT better, but without the threat of the 3 point shot, it ain't going to happen when we need a score!

Meeks is a total dud, even though it's early, and if he sucks it hurts us on the edges, but it's not a major concern!

However, Jackson is more worrisome! He looks awful running the team, and his timing with Drummond is so far off, it makes me wish for Bynum to show up!

But it's not the timing I worry about, that will get a lot better in time, it's the way he dribbles into trouble time after time, lack of a 3 point shot, and inability to break the defenses down like Jennings did!

However on the bright side, Drummond has developed some amazing low post moves, and once he perfects them, there isn't a center in the league that can stop him, they're that good, but he can stop himself.

If you saw the last game, he put a move on Charlottes big man that was a thing of beauty, so of course after getting blown by, he fouled, but Drummond, falling away hit a tear drop and scored anyway, of course he missed the 3 point opportunity(FT)!

If he can't shoot FT's, when he beats them, they'll just foul!

Sissy1946 wrote:Not to impressed with Jacksons play as of yet or Jodie's weak azz play, hoping this team gets better or we'll have to be waiting for Jennings to return to take over the reigns, he was pretty awesome running the team after that 5-23 start, Jackson has a lot of work to do. Let's get this party started.
[/quote
What gets me after watching Steve Blake tonight is when he dribbles at someone who's guarding him he's automatically looking for an out trying not to get get trapped where as when Reggie dribbles into a trap it bring TO's & errors to himself. I really liked the way He ran the team which to me was much better than I've seen out of Jackson, I believe as you do about Jennings eating Jackson's lunch when he gets healthy, that Jennings we saw last year in that streak before he got hurt looked to me like he finally grew up in his skin & hopefully will come back as such, it would be awesome to see them play well together, get healthy Brandon, we need ya.
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty Sissy

Post  Oracle Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:50 pm

I agree totally, here is what I posted elsewhere,

Oracle wrote:Reggie Jackson is horrible right now, and if Jennings can regain his form, he'll easily take his job!

1. Reggie does not break defenses down! He more often than not dribbles into trouble for no good reason.
2. His execution of the pick & roll with Drummond is the worst I've seen, and this is the biggest issue!

The pick & roll(PnR) with Drummond is almost unstoppable, and since we don't have a "Go To" player until Johnson matures, that was our "Go To" play that almost never fails! How do I know that?

Well, when Jennings was running the team, the hallmark of that team was that he used the PnR, or the threat of it to open space for shooters. But the biggest thing was that in game after game, he used it to CLOSE out games.

We'll never be able to close out games like Jennings did with Reggie because NOBODY fears his 3 point shooting. Jennings had to be accounted for as soon as he crossed mid court, whereas they simply play off of Reggie and wait for a bad decision.

In short, Jennings broke defenses down, forcing them to do things they don't want to and forcing a change in the defensive structure!

Watch the end of that Spurs game we had on their court, when Jennings turned the corner, their butts got tight because they knew that if the attacked him, Drummond was going to get the Oop, which left a tiny lane to the hoop for Jennings!

We need Jackson to get a LOT better, but without the threat of the 3 point shot, it ain't going to happen when we need a score!

Meeks is a total dud, even though it's early, and if he sucks it hurts us on the edges, but it's not a major concern!

However, Jackson is more worrisome! He looks awful running the team, and his timing with Drummond is so far off, it makes me wish for Bynum to show up!

But it's not the timing I worry about, that will get a lot better in time, it's the way he dribbles into trouble time after time, lack of a 3 point shot, and inability to break the defenses down like Jennings did!

However on the bright side, Drummond has developed some amazing low post moves, and once he perfects them, there isn't a center in the league that can stop him, they're that good, but he can stop himself.

If you saw the last game, he put a move on Charlottes big man that was a thing of beauty, so of course after getting blown by, he fouled, but Drummond, falling away hit a tear drop and scored anyway, of course he missed the 3 point opportunity(FT)!

If he can't shoot FT's, when he beats them, they'll just foul!

Sissy1946 wrote:Not to impressed with Jacksons play as of yet or Jodie's weak azz play, hoping this team gets better or we'll have to be waiting for Jennings to return to take over the reigns, he was pretty awesome running the team after that 5-23 start, Jackson has a lot of work to do. Let's get this party started.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty Jackson & Meek's: I'm not Impressed yet

Post  Sissy1946 Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:51 pm

Not to impressed with Jacksons play as of yet or Jodie's weak azz play, hoping this team gets better or we'll have to be waiting for Jennings to return to take over the reigns, he was pretty awesome running the team after that 5-23 start, Jackson has a lot of work to do. Let's get this party started.
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty Alas

Post  lemonpen Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:29 pm

Farewell young Cartier,  alas we hardly knew ya.  

Dang,  we couldn't even get a 2nd round pick for the guy.

Now I'm looking forward to seeing with my own eyes what Butler can bring.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty Mr. Reggie Bullock

Post  deusXango Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:45 pm

He’s played really, really well,” Van Gundy said before Wednesday’s 99-94 loss to Charlotte. “He’s had as good a preseason as you could have.”

Bullock has scored efficiently, defended well and played virtually error-free basketball in his five preseason appearances, averaging nearly 20 minutes and 9.8 points a game on 60 percent shooting, 50 percent from the 3-point line.

“I’ve just got to stay with it. I just try to go in and do the things that Coach needs – that’s shooting and defense,” Bullock said after the Charlotte game. “I try to take those two things serious when I’m on the court and just try to knock down shots when I get the opportunity.”

I mean seriously folks, what's the hold-up with making a decision on this young mans worth to the team? Stanley Johnson, KCP, and Bullock seem to be in the same class as Baynes and Morris when it comes to dedicated toughness, and IMHO, KCP is the least intelligent, basketball wise, in the whole group. I know everybody is swept off their feet with the play of SJ (as well we should be), but it's too early to start a gifted 19 year and risk injury, simply because we want him to be this season's ROY; he and Bullock should be solidified as our 6th and 7th men in SVG's rotation. I personally believe Stanley has just as great a chance of being ROY, coming off the Pistons bench, as any of the top 10 draftees in his class starting, wherever they are!

I wandered off course. This is about Reggie Bullock. With all the hopeful press given to Blake (a woozy 35 year old PG) and Jennings (a selfish, shot happy, under-sized PG, coming off a serious ACL injury) shouldn't SVG have been trying to fit Bullock in his rotation, in a more prominent role? Why are we "dicking" around with reserving spots in the rotation for the likes of Blake, Jennings, and Fuckin' Jodie Meeks? None of those players will move the needle as much as Bullock will playing with Baynes and Johnson, and that completes a top 8 player rotation; if you're gonna go 10 deep, then throw in Tolliver and Dinwiddie, and if we're looking for the playoffs, Drummond, Ilyasova, Morris, KCP, Jackson, Johnson, Baynes, and Bullock should be the players working on gelling and forming chemistry. If Bullock has won the fans over, then certainly he's earned a spot in the rotation and not just a uniform on the team. Play him until he starts playing mediocre basketball; we all know what that looks like and so does SVG.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty MJ

Post  Murph Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:36 am

I never liked the guy personally, but I have to hand it to him, Michael Jordan is an outstanding NBA owner and judge of talent.  Jordan and the Hornets have a knack for finding undervalued talent, (Williams, Lin), and plugging them into a system where they can excel.

He also drafts well (Walker, Zeller), signs excellent free agents (Jefferson), and trades well (Batum).

I'd still like to see SVG start Stanley Johnson.  I'm sure SJ is going to experience growing pains, but in the long run, the Pistons and Johnson will be better of with him starting.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty Drummonds passes on extension until next season

Post  Phil-Good Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:35 pm

I just want to give it up for Drummonds. He just made A move that might make him A NBA Champion. He passed on A extension this summer so that the Pistons can have 13 million in cap room next summer. great job and I give you this...

tb tb tb tb tb tb tb

clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty Is it time for a 4 point line?

Post  Oracle Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:07 pm

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty Game's not over yet, but it's OVER...

Post  Oracle Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:14 pm

Pistons break open a tight game in the 4th to pretty much destroy the Bulls!

If you told me before the game that Stanley would lead the team in assists with 4 dimes, I'd say this was a loss for sure!

I'd be so wrong! Bullock is a player and Morris woke up, while Baynes, who only scored 5, looked fantastic to me with that big body and midrange skills! Meeks found his nuts and played well, and Dinwiddie was only ok because at one point, I kept thinking, how will he screw up this next possession... yes he was looking like total trash! He did recover a lot, but that early play was really bad!

Finally Reggie looked a lot better, and while Stanley got punked a bit by Jimmy Butler, that's to be expected. KCP is still an enigma, and if that continues, I'd like to see Stanley start at SG, and keep Morris at SF!

Good game... I'm OUT!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty Phillip

Post  Oracle Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:42 pm

They claim that tonight's game will be on league pass.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty Detroit has no respect

Post  Phil-Good Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:08 am

I don't live in Michigan. So I have league pass. Detroit has no respect.

Every NBA preseason game in the NBA that was played on October 14-2015 i can watch on NBA league pass except for the Detroit Pistons games. I have not been able to watch any Pistons preseason games on league pass. Not even 1.

I have seen every other team in the League play on league pass. Minnesota, Philly, Pacers, Milwaukee, Orlando, etc.. I have even see over seas team on league pass. But not Detroit.

The Pistons have no respect in the NBA at this time. That's S.H.I.T. is crazy!! I want to see the Pistons turn this thing around FAST!! I'm up watching Miami and Orlando by the way. J.Winslow is not half the player Stanley Johnson is... Sorry but it's true!

I'm out. I got to find A copy of Det@Indiana..

PEACE Pistons fans!!
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty WTF happened to Lamar Odom?

Post  Oracle Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:20 am

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty Game

Post  Oracle Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:10 am

Stanley Johnson is, IMO, the best player on this team, including Drummond! He just makes things happen and is wise beyond his years, even through his rookie mistakes, which I bet will be gone by midseason!

Jackson: He puts up good numbers, but he's wild and out of control a lot of the time! He can't play when pressured, Hill just had his way with him, and could score if he wanted to, and regularly just took the ball from Jackson or forced him to turn it over(he had 5 turns). IMO, if Jennings can get to 85%, he's a better PG than Jackson, if he can't get a hell of a lot better.

Meeks: Just plain sucks! Blowing back to back layups under minimal pressure, but you expect any NBA player to finish! His defense is almost nonexistent!

Dinwiddie: Can't score within 5 feet to save his life, and on 3 plays in a row, decides that he needs to score, and blows every opportunity without passing the rock... WTF??? Bring on Steve Blake, at least he won't hurt you like that!

Drummond: OMG, the abuse they laid on his ass was embarrassing! Hill backed him down for many scores, and on one, just faked him out of his pants and scored easily! These guys don't have the bulk to back Drummond, but he just gives ground for no good reason! I'm baffled that he hasn't been coached better... hell, as a basketball player, I'm shocked he doesn't know better!

Morris: Not a bad outing, but he came back to earth with his numbers. I like him a lot better at SF, but Stanley Johnson is going to take somebody's starting spot by the all star game! We really got lucky, I think this kid has a chance of becoming a super star, or damn close to it!

Thomas: Looked decent, had a few nice offensive plays, but Bullock looks better right now. But neither need worry, they'll both make the team!

Very bad loss, they got beat by a bunch of scrubs, only a few of whom will see any PT!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty Now We're Talking

Post  Murph Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:47 pm

It looks as if SVG is going to start SJ and MM up front tonight along with Drummond. Good move. Through the first 3 pre-season games, Johnson and Morris have significantly out-performed Ilyasova in open competition.

Hopefully, SVG will be true to his word, and will determine all starting positions by open competition.

BTW, Reggie Jackson looks as if he's rounding into form, based on his performance last game.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty So far...

Post  deusXango Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:30 am

I've stopped railing against those who felt we should've drafted Winslow over Johnson; if Winslow turns out to be a solid pro (which he should) wonderful, but my feeling is Johnson is going to be a great pro! He has that "it" factor.

For all who wonder what'll we do to replace Monroe's interior offense and rebounding, I suggest watching the big men who'll be playing PF and back-up center for us this year; is this a clear cut case of addition by subtraction?

Speaking of Moose, any team that's led by him offensively and dependent on his rebounding (that's as close as he'll come to having a defensive impact) will probably play sub .500 ball. I'm glad he got the money he wanted and is playing for the team he desired to play for, now I'm gonna sit back and watch how well the Bucks do.

What if Marcus turns out to be a better "hybrid" forward than Markieff is a PF? I watched SVG turn a sows ear into a silk purse! Morris, Ilyasova, and Baynes, combined, come in cheaper than a max contract for a 5 year vet; I'm gonna sit back and see if they earn their money.

I'm hopeful that this is the year we see a turn around with the home team.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty I got to talk about K.C.P

Post  Phil-Good Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:04 am

This young man is playing his ass off. His jump shot is looking good. He looks to be slim, and in great physical shape. he looks more confident. K.C.P looks fast as hell and his handle has improved also. This kid been doing his job this summer.

PROPS!!!!
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty Olf Fashioned butt whooping

Post  Oracle Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:11 am

Pistons walk away with this one(117-88), with the BEST possible outcome IMO!

I wanted Monroe to do well, but I wanted us to win, and I got both!

While Morris led us with 21 points, Moose, who goes by Greg Monroe, Jr. now, led the Bucks with 18 points!

Two Mystery's:
1. Who in the world is Bachynski? He got garbage minutes for us at center, but I never heard of him!
2. WTF happened to Meeks? He got a DNPCD, and that makes no sense, unless it was a size issue!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty Game - Halftime

Post  Oracle Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:47 pm

Well, Morris hit a DEEP 3 pointer at the buzzer, and the Pistons are beating the Bucks 60-37!

Keith Langlois hasn't answered me yet, but I asked why no streaming, and if it's only home games.

I had to resort to the Pirate site to see the game, and it's finally a good one for our guys!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty Lemonpen

Post  Oracle Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:45 pm

The games are being streamed for free at Pistons.com!

Just go there on game day and click on the link and enjoy!

I'm getting HD from that stream on my TV.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  cool breeze Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:14 pm

Murph wrote:Don...your guy is lighting it up.  Can you please come back and give a half page analysis with no paragraph breaks about why SJ is going to be the greatest Piston since Grant Hill???

Come back Don.  The board isn't the same without you.

Hi Murph. This is the first time I have had a chance to check out the forum. Work and training for an upcoming marathon has sucked me dry. Stanley Johnson is a team orientated player who has a history of being on winning teams. I feel sorry for him now that he has to play with Andre Drummond and Reggie Jackson. Johnson has a long history of listening to his coaches. Drummond and Jackson have a long history of never listening to their coaches. Drummond has never accepted what winning centers at all levels accept as part of their job. That is not falling asleep on defense and actually giving a crap about playing all out on defense for an entire game. Jackson has always been a selfish mentally weak player without the mental skills required to be a first rate point guard at any level of basketball. Can he play the 2 guard? No he can't defend well. Could we see Steve Blake as our starter at point guard this season? Contract or no contract, Van Gundy will do the right thing so Reggie better start thinking team first soon. Will Drummond lead the league again as the worst free throw shooter as well as the worst defensive center again? If so, will he then create drama for all Piston fans next summer relating to his next contract? It seems we fans always end up with the same thing as we watch NBA players who cannot form good team chemistry because they are basically selfish childish mentally challenged individuals who don't mind losing. This is only pre season but our alleged franchise players might give Stan an ulcer before Gordon Lightfoot can release his new song about tragedy on the Great Lakes which should happen sometime in November. No paragraphs as you requested Murph. Hi to all Piston fans and stay well. Cool Breeze

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

Post  lemonpen Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:22 pm

Oracle wrote:OMG, this was the worst game I've seen a Piston team play in many moons!

Drummond looked like he hasn't learned a damn thing on offense or defense! He's so easily put in the popcorn machine it's no longer funny!

But the worst thing is that they had absolutely no look of an NBA team, just a bunch of dudes jacking up shots and getting beat on defense. This is a SVG team, so I know that will change, but I'm STUNNED at how bad they looked!

I'm seriously concerned about Drummond, he needs to stop with all of the offensive crap and learn how to be a real NBA defender at the center position.

This was the first game I found myself wishing for Jennings because Reggie looks like warmed over sh!t. He had as many turnovers as assists, 6!

But the real problem is that he provided absolutely no leadership from the PG position!

Man, this stuff better get fixed, and soon, because these guys could go out and pull another 5-23 the way they're playing!

How did you watch it.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty The Game...

Post  Oracle Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:56 pm

OMG, this was the worst game I've seen a Piston team play in many moons!

Drummond looked like he hasn't learned a damn thing on offense or defense! He's so easily put in the popcorn machine it's no longer funny!

But the worst thing is that they had absolutely no look of an NBA team, just a bunch of dudes jacking up shots and getting beat on defense. This is a SVG team, so I know that will change, but I'm STUNNED at how bad they looked!

I'm seriously concerned about Drummond, he needs to stop with all of the offensive crap and learn how to be a real NBA defender at the center position.

This was the first game I found myself wishing for Jennings because Reggie looks like warmed over sh!t. He had as many turnovers as assists, 6!

But the real problem is that he provided absolutely no leadership from the PG position!

Man, this stuff better get fixed, and soon, because these guys could go out and pull another 5-23 the way they're playing!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next