Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+10
Sissy1946
Phil-Good
Murph
WTF
Oracle
Fennis Dembo
Go Stones!
merc
deusXango
Sebastian
14 posters

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Our Logo was no Logo to begin with...

Post  Oracle Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:50 pm

Sebastian wrote:What's up, Pistons Pals? I hope that all are well.

Zach Lowe recently posted an interesting article, where he has listed the ranking of the 30 NBA logos from bottom to to top. I personally recommend the article as a fun read at - http://grantland.com/the-triangle/the-definitive-nba-logo-rankings/.

Where do OUR Pistons rank on the list? Lowe has OUR Pistons ranked at 28th, the third worst following OKC (30) and the Clippers (29) new failed designed.

I must admit that I agree with Lowe. OUR Pistons logo is simple and nondescript. OUR Pistons are due for a dramatic change and if the Pistons graphic marketing department was to ever take on the task of creating a new logo, I would endorse the change of the color scheme as well to a blue, black, and silver/light gray combination.

Pistons Pals, let's face it OUR logo is tired as hell.

And, if the Pistons were to make a change I would strongly recommend that they don't rehire the firm that gave US the horse and teal from the 90's and don't hire the folks that ripped off the Lions for their "new" design circa 2011.

Seb, there are a lot of creative design firms out there, and there were a lot of them when we first came up with that weak design.

How in the world they can make that much money and come up with that crap logo is beyond me! Hell, I thought some of the Bad Boys Logo's were better than the mess we have!

Gores, you're in Hollywood for Christ's sake, get this crap fixed lol lol lol
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  Oracle Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:43 pm

WISEFAN wrote:
What you forget is that in the past, well, for KCP's entire career, the paint has been totally clogged with Moose, Dre & Josh! It didn't become better until Josh got traded, and became a friendly place once Moose went down, and we saw him doing it more, although struggling finishing.

I view it a little differently the clogging in the post wasn't by designed because that was never intended.  He had his rookie season under Cheeks and Loyer but the tell tale in this was his season under SVG and knowing what SVG system called for.  At the end of the day it will come down to how well KCP shoots from outside and how consistently well he can do it SVG sytem is the problem here not Pope overall ability but the one thing he's not good at which unfortunately is a key requirement in SVG scheme.  - Clogging the post was by design! It's kind of hard to believe when you have players that can't shoot from 5 feet out, that you have other expectations, but the telling part is where you to be missing the fact that you can't shoot well from 3 if you aren't a threat to put the ball on the floor(see Datome)! I went into detail to explain to you one of the times the post was open(Moose out), but there was also another time. When Jennings was on his tear, he drew the defense away from the post and that opened it up, which is one issue I have with Jackson.

This isn't rocket science, you shoot better without hands in your face, it's as simple as that! So to do that, there are several ways to get the space to get off a good shot, and the threat of embarrassing somebody by blowing by them is effective, just like DB's playing way off fast receivers, thus freeing up easy short gains.

This is why I keep saying that Meeks could easily end up starting if he gets his form/touch back to his time in LA.  Joe drafted Pope base on his ability to score, SVG signed Meeks on his ability to shoot because thats what he needed.   This is a delicate line Pope is straddling on becuase he could have the best handles ever, be the best slasher he can be and it don't matter becuase it won't fit.  

There is no way Meeks could start over Pope unless BOTH of his legs were broke off, get serious! Johnson, or anybody would be better starting than Meeks, he's a true bench player, and could be a great one, but he's 2nd team.

Joe was smarter than you give him credit for, he believed that Pope had talent, more talent than Burke, but his other moves made KCP have to shoot 3's(Josh).

Here's how this should play out! KCP will NOT shoot 3's all of the time, he's going to try to get to the rim, or pull up for shorter jumpers unless he's wide open, and then he should shoot the 3. SVG may want one thing, but he'll accept success, and that's what KCP & Johnson need to do in this offense... just win baby!!!

But the biggest disconnect you have is that you don't understand experience as it relates to players, it's the only reason I can think of why you say these things mostly about young players.

All of the things you say are valid, but NOT for 2nd year players! These players still haven't figured out the NBA, let alone how they fit anywhere in the NBA! They do whatever they're told, and are afraid to deviate from that for a lot of reasons. Add to that the fact that they're young as well, and you act like they should do things only LeBron or Kobe and get away with.

You said you played ball, so do you remember being new and having to figure out a whole sh!t load of things out? It's hard, you need to be glad KCP is doing as well as he is! The 3rd or 4th year is when they really do start to get it figured out... for ALL players.

That's why I've said to you on many occasions... it's no accident why rookie contracts are a set length!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Oracle

Post  WTF Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:53 pm

What you forget is that in the past, well, for KCP's entire career, the paint has been totally clogged with Moose, Dre & Josh! It didn't become better until Josh got traded, and became a friendly place once Moose went down, and we saw him doing it more, although struggling finishing.

I view it a little differently the clogging in the post wasn't by designed because that was never intended. He had his rookie season under Cheeks and Loyer but the tell tale in this was his season under SVG and knowing what SVG system called for. At the end of the day it will come down to how well KCP shoots from outside and how consistently well he can do it SVG sytem is the problem here not Pope overall ability but the one thing he's not good at which unfortunately is a key requirement in SVG scheme.

This is why I keep saying that Meeks could easily end up starting if he gets his form/touch back to his time in LA. Joe drafted Pope base on his ability to score, SVG signed Meeks on his ability to shoot because thats what he needed. This is a delicate line Pope is straddling on becuase he could have the best handles ever, be the best slasher he can be and it don't matter becuase it won't fit.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty NBA Logo Ranking

Post  Sebastian Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:20 pm

What's up, Pistons Pals? I hope that all are well.

Zach Lowe recently posted an interesting article, where he has listed the ranking of the 30 NBA logos from bottom to to top. I personally recommend the article as a fun read at - http://grantland.com/the-triangle/the-definitive-nba-logo-rankings/.

Where do OUR Pistons rank on the list? Lowe has OUR Pistons ranked at 28th, the third worst following OKC (30) and the Clippers (29) new failed designed.

I must admit that I agree with Lowe. OUR Pistons logo is simple and nondescript. OUR Pistons are due for a dramatic change and if the Pistons graphic marketing department was to ever take on the task of creating a new logo, I would endorse the change of the color scheme as well to a blue, black, and silver/light gray combination.

Pistons Pals, let's face it OUR logo is tired as hell.

And, if the Pistons were to make a change I would strongly recommend that they don't rehire the firm that gave US the horse and teal from the 90's and don't hire the folks that ripped off the Lions for their "new" design circa 2011.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Looking at this team, what I think we REALLY need is...

Post  Oracle Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:44 pm

Is a dominant defensive Power Forward!

We all know that the Bad Boys inflicted fear, and I mean real fear, both mental and physical!

But the 2004 team inflicted fear, not as much physical, though there was some of that, but mostly mental. Players simply feared challenging Ben & Sheed in the paint!

We don't have ANY of that! Drummond may get there one day, but I believe he'll get there faster with a teammate that is already a defensive player that earns his money shoving shots back into folks faces!

Get to work and find us that guy SVG!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Wise

Post  Oracle Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:33 pm

On KCP: I agree that his shot should have been a high priority, which was hardly mentioned, but his handles was JOB 1, IMO.

This year he should have the handles and the space to do his thing, either take a 3 point shot or drive to the rack. You also have to remember that they won't close out on you so hard if the fear of being blown by exists, which results in less contested 3's.

IMO, you're too quick to judge, especially when the facts on the ground change so dramatically! Your opinions have to change when everything else does.

On the Pats: I totally agree, this sh!t is out of control! The Steelers should have won that game, but they were dumb as nails and got beat! They left the best tight end in the game wide open way too many times and he scored 3 TD's, end of story!

The Pats don't even control the headsets, the NFL does, yet the dumbass Steelers blame the Pats! The simple fact is that every team has the opportunity to beat them, and nothing that they've been accused of is enough to beat a better team!!!

I blame Roger Stokoe Goodell, yes, that's his real middle name, for ALL of this! He has mishandled damn near everything, from the Ray Rice elevator ass whooping to Deflate Gate, and it's allowed these teams to whine and cry every time they get beat by the Pats.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Witch Hunt In Full Effect

Post  WTF Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:39 pm

Enough already please stop with the Witch Hunt on the Patriots. Seriously there's no need to keep this team under the micro-scope the whole thing with the DeflateGate stuff was laughable, SpyGate was just as laughable and now in their opener the first thing we get is audio tampering again. Billichek is like Pop IMO and that's just a Damn Good Ass Coach. His team is consistently good and people just can't stand it, half if not the majority of bullshit we get is media driven and it forces the hand of dumbasses like Goodell like it did with Stern to address silly social media public opinions.

Had the Steelers went out and kicked the Patriots ass last night then nothing about audio disruption would have been discuss, most likely those that hate that team would've been rejoicing in the fact that they loss. This thing should be completely embarrassing for any team, player or organization that feeds into this stuff. This is blatantly disrespectful of the media to constantly address this crap when these players are paid greats amount of money and these coaches are paid great amount of money for their skills and talent but then have it questioned.

Just reflecting back on my H.S. days of playing football or any sports for that matter, that beyond physical skills it was also the ability to anticipate and react and the more you study and the better your focus to detail were you reacted efficiently. They do it in all sports more so in football and basketball than any other. Football players spend more time in film sessions and studying plays that it becomes natural to see **** coming. There are only so many variations to the crap a imposing team can run against you. That stuff becomes redundant and a good player, team or coach pays attention will know this. Just look at the INT that sealed the win last season and you can see that the Patriots were prepared, that the corners and safeties were prepared and it paid off. Maybe that should outlaw film studying facepalm
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Still Doubting

Post  WTF Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:41 am

PISTONPOWERED wrote:Adding to his one-on-one game was imperative for Caldwell-Pope’s development this offseason. Too many times Caldwell-Pope lived and died by his jump shot Adding to his one-on-one game was imperative for Caldwell-Pope’s development this offseason. Too many times Caldwell-Pope lived and died by his jump shot which was part of the reason he was so inconsistent.

Good scorers put up points even when they aren’t shooting the ball well. The only way to do that is to get to the foul line and beat your opponents off the dribble. Caldwell-Pope was much better last season getting to the rack, but he struggled finishing at the rim and at the free throw line.

Not only will an improved one-on-one game help Caldwell-Pope overcome long stretches of shooting slumps, but it will also help him find easier looks from downtown.which was part of the reason he was so inconsistent.

Good scorers put up points even when they aren’t shooting the ball well. The only way to do that is to get to the foul line and beat your opponents off the dribble. Caldwell-Pope was much better last season getting to the rack, but he struggled finishing at the rim and at the free throw line.

Not only will an improved one-on-one game help Caldwell-Pope overcome long stretches of shooting slumps, but it will also help him find easier looks from downtown.

This all great and you can't help but respect this, but I would have been much happier to hear that there was great improvement with his outside shooting. That his form and release were vastly improved and effective.

One could read into this that Pope is working on his game to get the hell up out of here because IMO and while I agree that his handles aren't the best but what he spent time working on won't help him in SVG dumbass offensive scheme of 4 out and 1 in. If this was an offense focused on a ton of motion, and slashing, cutting to the basket, and coming of screens then what he's worked on this summer would be indeed worthwhile.

SVG wants to play a pick and roll game with Jackson and Drummond and spread shooters along the perimeter. SVG simply won't play to the skill sets of Pope nor Johnson IMO and this really does concern me. When I think about the LB lead Pistons and the squads lead by Flip it was almost masterful in seeing how both coaches more than not played to the talent of its players. Every play had a defined purpose and always had a fail safe rather it was finding Chauncey on the perimeter, or Rip coming off a series of screens or Tay going slashing to the basket.

SVG has a system IMO that offers very little variation it either work or it doesn't and that's because he can't see beyond his own system to adapt to utilizing Pope or Johnson skill. There are times when you scrap the offense and put the ball in a players hand and say go score. Pope and Johnson are those types of players, hell that's the type of player Jennings is. LB and Flip both had enough sense to recognize that, LB use to do that with Tay and Flip often did it with Chauncey while rip coming off screen were their bread and butter more time than not they knew when to turn those players loose normally during clutch moments. SVG wants to consistently Jack Up Three's in hopes that eventually they'll fall with some consistency.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty A series of videos on the new Pistons and Detroit Baskeball

Post  Oracle Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:37 pm

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Suddenly, I'm thirsty....

Post  Oracle Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:58 pm

FORUM - Page 11 ?url=http%3A%2F%2Fi.huffpost.com%2Fgen%2F3316656%2Fimages%2Fh-BREASTFEEDING-960x540
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty SVG Roster Issues...

Post  Oracle Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:57 pm

Somebody won't be inside that team plane lol lol lol

FORUM - Page 11 CObn-MCWwAEPp9N
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Just looks like unnecessary roughness to me...

Post  Oracle Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:04 pm

15 yard penalty and let's move on lol lol lol

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  WTF Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:53 pm

Oracle wrote:
Go Stones! wrote:https://theloveofhoops.wordpress.com/2015/08/31/finding-the-best-3-d-players/

Interesting how Singler,  Butler, Morris and KCP stack up for 3 & D in the league.  Looks like if KCP improves his 3pt efficiency, he can rank quite higher.  

KCP is more than a 2 dimensional player! At his normal self, he's a scorer, not exactly like a Stackhouse, but in that vein! I project him as a 2nd tier star that's capable of being an all star, but not a superstar, but ONLY in the right system.

On this team, it's going to be Jackson, Drummond and one other star! Will it be KCP or Johnson?

We need 3 stars to break into the big time, and your guess is as good as mine Smile

Edit: I just noticed that as bad as folks downed Singler, he's pretty high up there as a 3 & D player! Good work Kyle!!!

Well he's not in the right system and there's lies the BIG PROBLEM I know it comes off as KCP bashing but it's not it just that it doesn't matter how talented he might me it won't manifest itself into what many of you are hoping it unless SVG unleashes him and I'll say the same with Johnson if SVG tries to confine him to a system that's purely designed for shooters.

The reason why I'm not as optimistic about KCP is that at no time prior to the pros was he anything more than a scorer, volume shooting, main focal point of an offense. While he has natural defensive instincts he can simply rely on that alone to secure a fighting chance for success. Johnson IMO likely the closes to a Stackhouse comparison my guess is he lies somewhere between a Stackhouse and Hill from what I've seen thus far. Johnson will likely need to strike lightening immediately though to sway SVG away from any notion that Andre is franchise player material which I still have some reservation about. When I look at Andre I want to see Dikembe blocking shots, getting dunks running the floor being a 3rd or 4th option. As it stands EI should be 1st quickly followed by Jackson with KCP and Andre situated as 3rd and 4th options depending on Morris contribution from night to night.

KCP along with Johnson could excel if the offense was gear around them and not Andre and this 4 in 1 out foolishness. As for Singler I'm sure his numbers are more representative of his time in OKC than here. But the same thing applies KCP wasn't a fit here, virtually the same case scenario in terms of being the focal point of a offense. Kyle is in a system that works, much like Josh was in Houston, Middleton in Milwaukee, so on and so on but somehow we never find a fit for these players.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Andre Drummond Goes To Work in the Post & Midrange

Post  Oracle Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:06 am

Here's what I liked:

1. Drummond showed some range and was hitting his shots
  2. He has decent movement in the post
  3. He's also developing go to moves in the post, and this is important because it will allow him to get his shot off better, and if fully successful, without it being contested too much.

What I didn't like:

1. His hook shot's release is a bit low
  2. His close in work is a good start, but he needs to work against a bigger opponent to perfect his hook shot, but this is a start.
  3. He's doing some slashing, but not enough, IMO. Slashing to the basket does two things. First it allows him to use his speed to blow by opponents, but it also requires him to become a better ball handler.
  4. The slashing needs some congestion of smaller players who will likely strip him. That's been a problem in the past, and he needs to work on it.

However, this is really a good start, and I'm really glad to be getting this level of data, which we NEVER got before! Hell, we were lucky to just hear something from training camp, so this is awesome.

Here's the video.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty True, but...

Post  Oracle Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:56 am

Go Stones! wrote:https://theloveofhoops.wordpress.com/2015/08/31/finding-the-best-3-d-players/

Interesting how Singler,  Butler, Morris and KCP stack up for 3 & D in the league.  Looks like if KCP improves his 3pt efficiency, he can rank quite higher.  

KCP is more than a 2 dimensional player! At his normal self, he's a scorer, not exactly like a Stackhouse, but in that vein! I project him as a 2nd tier star that's capable of being an all star, but not a superstar, but ONLY in the right system.

On this team, it's going to be Jackson, Drummond and one other star! Will it be KCP or Johnson?

We need 3 stars to break into the big time, and your guess is as good as mine Smile

Edit: I just noticed that as bad as folks downed Singler, he's pretty high up there as a 3 & D player! Good work Kyle!!!

Last edited by Oracle on Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty 3 & D NBA article

Post  Go Stones! Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:51 pm

https://theloveofhoops.wordpress.com/2015/08/31/finding-the-best-3-d-players/

Interesting how Singler, Butler, Morris and KCP stack up for 3 & D in the league. Looks like if KCP improves his 3pt efficiency, he can rank quite higher.
Go Stones!
Go Stones!

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty We Do It To Ourselves

Post  WTF Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:38 pm

Oracle this is exactly why many have turned away from religion we should be worshiping love and compassion above all else. I don't dismiss the idea of God because I do believe that a higher power is both real and relevant. I still pray and seek forgiveness but I do not worship or subscribe to a faith of choice.

Awkwardly I always viewed religion as a means for making excuses, not sure how many of you can relate to this but church at a time not long ago was all fire and brimstone preaching seem like we were all on our way to hell for some reason or another let the pastor tell it. We didn't get much preaching about Jesus back in the 60's and 70's seem like by the time the 80's came around everyone was seeking forgiveness out with the old testament in with new. IMO my opinion it simply allowed people to simply slide in and out of their beliefs because they could rest on the idea of not being perfect. In a way this opened that flood gate that Jesus is okay with homosexuals thus coming out of the closet was acceptable.

Religion and rules really not that much different all created to justify all the injustice that we inflict on each other. I agree that if we followed the concept of doing unto others then this would be a perfect world. I'm a big believer in John Lennon's song Imagine and MLK Dream Speech we need our morals back bad!!!!!
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty My honest stance

Post  deusXango Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:30 pm

Religion, politics, special interest, f@ck 'em! This is why I love sports. Live, uncut, real (all but Big Time wrestling)...give me the raw effort that goes into human competition and I'm cool. When Wise dropped the name Donald Trump, who's closer to being the next president than most think, I realized it was time for me to bury my head in the sand all while dreaming it would save my ass. Oracle, your points are well taken and carefully thought out as usual.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Forgive me for rambling, but...

Post  Oracle Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:57 pm

Religion is the problem, just ask yourself these questions(BTW, you're not an atheist if you call BS on religion, which is one groups description of how the world works)

1. How many years do you need to wait for something to work? Is 2,000 years enough?
  2. Ok, 2,000 years, but is it even making things better? No, the world progressively gets worse... Religion is a complete and total failure in its stated mission(worse than the war on drugs)!
  3. Religion was created by MAN, why else is it so man centric? Everything revolves around, guess who, a story needs a man character, and this one has us as the lead!
  4. Of all the times and people to talk to, why did God choose the absolutely least advanced people who knew absolutely nothing?
  5. Why after 100,000 years does he reveal himself to clowns when advanced civilizations existed who could have understood much better. I know, we can't question his methods, which makes it easy to shut down conversation.

Every single Religion will kill non-believers, it's just a matter of time! They all go through periods of murdering and peace for one single reason! If you own the one true God, it's inevitable that the others that have their own will come into conflict with you!

You don't judge a Lion when his belly is so full it's almost bursting because you're going to see an entirely different animal when that stomach is empty. Christianity is the full Lion, Islam is the hungry one, reverse the roles and you'll see who the terrorists become!

All of the major Religions are derived from Egyptian science so advanced that they took it for magic, which is basically what religion is to most people.

For example, the Arc of the Covenant! The details of how it's made, makes for interesting reading if you have an engineering background. Egyptians used Arc's to store important documents and other things, but how do you protect it from others? Well, the design of the Arc is EXACTLY the design of a huge Capacitor! In engineering a capacitor is a device for storing electricity. The special property of a capacitor is that to change the voltage across a capacitor abruptly requires an infinite current.

In short, if you decide to open the Arc, you will have a large current flowing through your body, likely with some sparking as you fry! It's not possible that the simpletons of the time could take it for anything other than God! Egyptian scientists, mostly called Priests by the uninformed, used electricity a lot because we are electric beings. It makes this quote more interesting,

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.Arthur C. Clarke

There are so many more examples, like the copying of the 10 commandments! You can tell it's copied because they're so stupid! You'll find them all in the Egyptian Book of the Dead where they're called the negative confessions(not 10 but 100). Why in the world do you need 10 commandments when ONE is sufficient, and comes from simple morality... Love your neighbor as you love yourself, or the equally simple, do unto others as you would have them do unto you! Follow that and the other commandments are not needed and repetitive!

Then there's the holy trinity, a simplification of the Egyptian, which had the trinity, but each of the three had an additional three, which made a total of 9, but the concepts are too involved for normal people, so they simplify it and never tell you where it comes from!

Jesus said he would be with us until the end of the age, and we would see a man with a picture of water. What's an AGE, and who is this water dude? It's confused science, a misunderstanding of what's going on in the precession of the equinoxes!

Religious people won't admit it, but they don't, won't question religion for one simple reason... the FEAR! Religion holds people through fear, complete and total!

But once you realize that there is something beyond what man created religion, you begin to understand that you lose nothing, but gain a lot more. The concept of one has been confused with a lot of things, but it's obvious that religion isn't one. You aren't giving up belief in God, just the description put forth by religion! Religion is like someone describing the wind as two giants blowing their nose, it's a primitive description of a complex process, and that's what religions is. A simplification of something complex, designed for the ignorant masses.

Religion is something beat into you, as Hitler said, you give me the child and I'll give you the man! How true that statement rings with religion! You only believe what you believe based only on accident of birth location! Everybody here would be Muslim if born in their country, and would be making entirely different arguments... that's not a universal God!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Pick An Issue

Post  WTF Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:07 pm

deusXango wrote:There is something wrong with this whole picture if Mrs. Davis is being held in jail because of religion and Gays are sucking face and celebrating openly on the internet. This country was founded on religious freedom not men getting butt f@cked and women trying to make spit babies. Shame on anyone who don't support a deity or it's belivers who's not condoning Gay behavior, in fact, what religion does support Gay behavior?

"In a country of laws, there is no place for this behavior, and the clowns on TV who complain about this would be screaming like crazy if a bunch of people decided that issuing gun licenses was against their religion!"-Oracle

Oracle, a few people (comparatively speaking) decided Gay behavior should be tolerated, for the most asinine reasons, and non-violent people are being ostracized to jailed because they don't agree with the few! Laws? With the shape this world is in, in general, and this country, in particular, Gay laws being enforced is one of our top priorities? I got a cold, cold feeling about this.

DX I have a cold feeling as well and not just because of this gay thing. This country have far too many freedoms and far too many laws protecting those freedoms. If they were freedoms to act in a manner that every prosper in society that's one thing but mostly this laws protect the right to be ignorant more times with our freedoms.

Think about it we want the right to bare arms but not stricter gun laws, we want the rights of a free market but we don't want to regulate it, we want the right of free speech but we don't want to be sensor so we can exercise hate and discrimination. Nothing about this makes the world better or safer for anyone except those that know how to get rich from. When a racist retarded ass hole like Trump is a front runner and people agree with him that's speaks volumes to what wrong with this world.

Every day I ask how on earth can we become so technically smarter and more dumber socially and deprived of morals at an alarming pace. We need a mentality of a small village because we're lost.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Absolutely Agree

Post  WTF Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:47 am

Oracle wrote:This Kim Davis stuff is simple!

In a country of laws, there is no place for this behavior, and the clowns on TV who complain about this would be screaming like crazy if a bunch of people decided that issuing gun licenses was against their religion!

I don't applaud her for her stand, it's a dumbass stand in the first place, nature was here before any religion, so you don't need religion to know arse popping isn't the right way to go! Religion shouldn't even be discussed, it should be private.

This is one of the problems with religion,
FORUM - Page 11 CN8H1ULWoAAMIm1

I agree that the multiple standard in which religion views one thing perfectly acceptable to be outrage by another thing either equally offense or less offensive. As I always say religion was intended to facilitate simply love and compassion so that one was always doing the right and morally things from the beginning. As well all know greed and selfishness has surpassed any form of faith or morality that exist and left many confused and wandering hopelessly without any real direction.

The reason why I applaud Ms. Davis is that even though I can smell the hypocrisies of her beliefs is that she's actually making stand flawed as it may be. Problem with a lot of things is that there are far too many exception as we attempt to color in various shades what's right and whats wrong but then when these areas become to shaded lines need to be drawn. IMO the lines should have been drawn when excuses for that type of behavior came to light. Somewhere along the way what once considered morally wrong became acceptable behavior and sadly we make excuses for everything and this IMO is why we have become backwards.

I don't agree with gay and same sex marriages and I certainly don't find the behavior acceptable but I'm force to tolerate it and that what makes me rile against it more than anything I believe. Ms. Davis shouldn't be in jail because of her faith, and she should be forced to issue certificates for same sex marriages and lose her job if she doesn't comply. Exception are made based on religious beliefs all the time at the work place but this issue of same sex agenda has taken a life of its own.

If religion was properly utilized from the beginning then laws likely wouldn't be needed, but it was used to discriminate against women, races, and the poor and even other forms of faith those making many of the current laws possible. It set the course for the liberal and gay agenda that makes all this **** tolerable. This world is going to hell in a hand-basket
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Is the issue Religion or Gay Rights?

Post  deusXango Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:18 am

There is something wrong with this whole picture if Mrs. Davis is being held in jail because of religion and Gays are sucking face and celebrating openly on the internet. This country was founded on religious freedom not men getting butt f@cked and women trying to make spit babies. Shame on anyone who don't support a deity or it's belivers who's not condoning Gay behavior, in fact, what religion does support Gay behavior?

"In a country of laws, there is no place for this behavior, and the clowns on TV who complain about this would be screaming like crazy if a bunch of people decided that issuing gun licenses was against their religion!"-Oracle

Oracle, a few people (comparatively speaking) decided Gay behavior should be tolerated, for the most asinine reasons, and non-violent people are being ostracized to jailed because they don't agree with the few! Laws? With the shape this world is in, in general, and this country, in particular, Gay laws being enforced is one of our top priorities? I got a cold, cold feeling about this.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty World Backwards? Maybe, but...

Post  Oracle Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:16 pm

This Kim Davis stuff is simple!

In a country of laws, there is no place for this behavior, and the clowns on TV who complain about this would be screaming like crazy if a bunch of people decided that issuing gun licenses was against their religion!

I don't applaud her for her stand, it's a dumbass stand in the first place, nature was here before any religion, so you don't need religion to know arse popping isn't the right way to go! Religion shouldn't even be discussed, it should be private.

This is one of the problems with religion,
FORUM - Page 11 CN8H1ULWoAAMIm1
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty The Worlds Is Ass Backwards

Post  WTF Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:28 pm

Unfortunately she's has to either suck it up or quit. I applaud her for standing on her principles and religious beliefs but IMO it can't she can't keep her principles and faith and her job as well.

We allow entirely way too much freedom while sacrificing morality in the process. Sadly morality is sacrifice for numerous reasons and the more we turn our backs on the true purpose (love and compassion) of any religious faith this is what happens. When remove compassion from our laws, and how we function in humanity this is what we get.

There is a larger section of the world that no longer practice any religious faith largely because it has become a farce too so many because it's always sacrifice for things often far less relevant. The reason why religious folks are so against Homosexuality is that any acceptance to it say's that God isn't perfect in his creation of the human race. I lot of what this world suffers from are people like Ms. Davis who should be exercising their faith 24/7/365 but don't and they allowed for things like this to happen. I agree with her that it is un-natural and nasty behavior, I don't believe people are this way from birth, and that we have taken this acceptance thing to far. I think public display of their behavior is nasty, but so is walking around with your dick out and if I chose to do that I would be called a pervert and arrested. I haven't though I've been tempted to do so just to prove this point of what is perceived offensive.

First they were called life partners, now they want to be husband and wife, WTF!

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty From Gay bashing to Straight bashing....sheesh, as the world turns

Post  deusXango Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:16 am

Rowan County Clerk Kim Davis will spend Labor Day weekend in isolation at the Carter County Detention Center with her Bible and her clear conscience.

At least three same-sex couples will spend the weekend planning weddings after finally receiving the marriage licenses they asked for months ago but were denied because Davis believes gay marriage is a sin.

The Rowan County Clerk's office issued the licenses to same-sex couples on Friday under threat of jail time or fines if they didn't comply with a federal judge's order. While the licenses were freely given, the drama surrounding the clerk does not appear to be ending anytime soon. Davis met with her attorneys in jail Friday and told them she would "never violate her conscience or betray her God."

U.S. District Judge David Bunning has said he will not release Davis unless she agrees to obey his order.

I find it strange that such a small percentage of our society's segment (less than 5%), who engage in such a hotly debated moral behavior, wield so much power over the masses (more than 95%). The Gay/Lib movement has gained more political clout than the Holocaust victims, Civil rights issues, as they pertain to racial inequality, and giving voice to our senior population, who've labored their lives away to stand this country up tall, but are unprotected physically as well as financially. I'm living in a world that I no longer understand.

Why am I off subject this morning? The "coming out" of the Gay athlete is why. World class athletes have long been my heroes, not simply because of the sports they play, but the demonstrations they make as indicators of the unique physical abilities, the God I believe in, bestows on his children....we are the top of the food chain for a reason. From Collins to Sam, two of my favorite sports (basketball and football) I feel have come under unnecessary scrutiny, and as a result Bruce Jenner's confused ass is eating up prime time on E.S.P.N. and being Nationally applauded for his "gender reassignment" Gender reassignment?! WTF is that? I guess it's the new buzz word to justify calling people like Mrs. Davis and myself "homophobic."

What next sports fans, the Gay boxer? "Don't hit me too hard or I'll take these gloves off and scratch your f@cking eyes out!" I guess what's lost in all this is religious beliefs and convictions is losing out to personal behavior, but this wonderful country of ours was founded on the principals of religious freedom. If Gay rights are so important to the fabric of our society, why'd it take us so long to get to them?

Can't wait for the Lions to get down to business, for real, and see the endgame to SVG's roster madness...there'd better be a method to his madness!
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next