Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+10
merc
Oracle
lemonpen
Go Stones!
FlyDog
Sissy1946
Murph
deusXango
WTF
Fennis Dembo
14 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Hell Yeah.......

Post  WTF Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:20 pm

The team would have been better with Teague and Korver on the team. Too bad that didn't workout.

I disagree with Goodwill of not blaming SVG for Moose signing the QO only because it should have never been an option.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Fu@k Moose

Post  WTF Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:14 pm

Oracle those are great reasons to play JJ over Moose, but my #1 reason is simply Moose isn't part of the team going forward. Honestly I would be giving PT to everyone but Moose. Joel Anthony would be getting PT before Moose especially now that this season is going to hell in a hand basket at 5-20 fu@k giving Moose PT.

Sebastian, I couldn't agree more and I really can't understand why SVG remains in this ass kissing position with Moose after he opted to sign the QO. If I was SVG and Gores all ties would have been severed, hell if I was SVG and Gore the QO wouldn't have been extended and I simply would have let his ass walk and moved on from there. I wouldn't have placed any value on him when he was already worth over 10 million in cap space and that's more than he's worth at his present value of 5.5. We need to stop over-valuing players and his ass would be a great starting point and could send a much needed message to all the underachieving diva's running around thinking they deserve Max Deals!
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Something Different ...

Post  Sebastian Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:50 pm

WISEFAN wrote:I'm not just banging a Josh Smith drum here but I don't see an issue with having him initiating the offense.  If you remember SVG use to use Turk in a similar manner.   Josh is athletic enough, have decent handles and court vision that it could work starting both Meeks and KCP while running the offense through Josh.  It also prevents Josh from taking many of the shots he takes and the other change would be adding JJ to this lineup at SF because he's a better spot up shooter, better defender, and more athletic than Kyle.  

SVG can actually run teams off the court with a lineup of KCP, Jodie, JJ, Josh and Andre.  This would be our best defensive unit,  because it's tall, long and quick.   SVG can press with this line up and play zone,  remember how LB and Flip use to switch the defense each time up the court never showing the same defense each time up the court.  Flip did it a little more than LB did but it worked and with the above lineup suggest SVG can be just as creative with them.    

I said this before the season started that SVG shouldn't be investing a ton of PT in Moose considering he's not part of this team future, but SVG gives far too many minutes of PT to Moose, and make him too large a part of the game plan.  Once Moose signed that QO SVG whole thought process should have been with the exclusion of Moose.  Moose really should be getting no more than 10-15 minutes and SVG shouldn't be trying to appease him or the fans for that matter in playing him.  

This team should be winning or losing games with the players that are committed to being here beyond next season.  What's to be gained by playing Moose?  Just because we can't trade him we certainly not obligated to giving his ass PT.  If any player on the team should be getting DNP-CDs it Moose you don't need to show what Moose's value is by playing and why would we want to help him display his worth by giving him PT.  

So yeah start JJ who is playing hard trying to get a contract, and sit Moose's ass.  Stop screwing around with Kyle and start JJ in his place.

Yo, Wise and DX, I am on board with the idea of going with the suggested line-up of Dre, Josh, Jerebko, KCP, and F@ckin' Jodie Meeks, but I do believe that it would be necessary to start a more traditional PG at the Tip. The only thing is that KCP and F@ckin' Jodie are not good ball-handlers at all. Or better yet, just start Dinwiddie at the point, along side KCP. F@ckin Jodie Meeks, may be better suited as a 6th-man.

But, I too, am very (extremely) disappointed with B. Jennings. GM Stan must move B. Jennings, maybe to the Heat for a future 1st round pick. Heck, it can be a pick in 2018 for all I care. I identify the Heat, because that team needs a PG in the worst way and you would think that SVG would have some connections with the Miami Mafia.

Speaking of Moose: Moose needs to identify the team that he would like to sign with, now. Then, he and his agent need to meet with GM Stan and make a trade happen with that team.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Stuff...

Post  Oracle Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:42 pm

@Sparma - Jennings played so good in the 1st period, for a fleeting second I wanted to keep him, Smile. I agree, you have to give him credit when he does well, and as a result of that play, everybody played well too. I also have to say that Josh is playing well since SGV finally figured out how to use him. Some people around here(**cough, **cough, Wise), think that his play improved by his own design and that the players make those decisions, but as quiet as it's kept, chess pieces don't move themselves!

@Don - You said, "what goes through Tom Gores brain when he reads the sports page and finds out his two reject players, Knight and Middleton, have once again played NBA style winning basketball", well, you have to have a few working cells in that brain to compute with before the EEG registers anything! You have to have patience with young players, and KCP falls into that category as well. He's a hard worker with talent and he's going to get it one day and be a very good player. However, SVG seriously needs to stop playing him so much.

When you play players too much, you eliminate the down time that they need to observe the game and reflect on what they need to become better. KCP started out with a great plan, but when it went south, he hasn't had the time to adjust properly, IMO!

@Wise - You're right, games aren't lost in the 2nd quarter if the game remains close with an opportunity to win. However, you can clearly see where the turning point in that game occurred, and that was the 2nd quarter. After that, in hindsight, our ability to win was severely limited!

BTW, I also like your idea of sitting Moose and using JJ for 3 reasons. 1) JJ runs the floor better, 2) JJ is a more active body, and 3) JJ stretches the defense better and can actually jump better!

@DX - OMG DX, I love this thought, "A 3 guard rotation of KCP, Meeks, and Dinwiddie is as ideal as rotating the Big 3, it'll only take some time for them to gel.". Somebody send a tapeworm to SVG's belly with that message! I figure a tapeworm is our best shot since SVG is obviously eating everything in sight so planting a bug in his vittles would do the trick!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Something Different To Try That Doesn't Include MonHoe!

Post  WTF Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:29 pm

I'm not just banging a Josh Smith drum here but I don't see an issue with having him initiating the offense. If you remember SVG use to use Turk in a similar manner. Josh is athletic enough, have decent handles and court vision that it could work starting both Meeks and KCP while running the offense through Josh. It also prevents Josh from taking many of the shots he takes and the other change would be adding JJ to this lineup at SF because he's a better spot up shooter, better defender, and more athletic than Kyle.

SVG can actually run teams off the court with a lineup of KCP, Jodie, JJ, Josh and Andre. This would be our best defensive unit, because it's tall, long and quick. SVG can press with this line up and play zone, remember how LB and Flip use to switch the defense each time up the court never showing the same defense each time up the court. Flip did it a little more than LB did but it worked and with the above lineup suggest SVG can be just as creative with them.

I said this before the season started that SVG shouldn't be investing a ton of PT in Moose considering he's not part of this team future, but SVG gives far too many minutes of PT to Moose, and make him too large a part of the game plan. Once Moose signed that QO SVG whole thought process should have been with the exclusion of Moose. Moose really should be getting no more than 10-15 minutes and SVG shouldn't be trying to appease him or the fans for that matter in playing him.

This team should be winning or losing games with the players that are committed to being here beyond next season. What's to be gained by playing Moose? Just because we can't trade him we certainly not obligated to giving his ass PT. If any player on the team should be getting DNP-CDs it Moose you don't need to show what Moose's value is by playing and why would we want to help him display his worth by giving him PT.

So yeah start JJ who is playing hard trying to get a contract, and sit Moose's ass. Stop screwing around with Kyle and start JJ in his place.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Quick, grab a straw, we're drowning!

Post  deusXango Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:00 am

Everybody has a dead horse to beat and mine is Luigi Datome....why not play him, Jerebko, and Dinwiddie in the days to come if for no other reason than to showcase them for possible trade fillers? Can Dinwiddie be any worse than Augustin? Is it unreasonable to think that Jerebko can duplicate Butler's efforts on both ends of the floor? Can Datome be more invisible than Singler, absent the DNP-CD's?

Friends, we've been beating a drum and applauding a rotation that's posted a 5-20 record! 5 wins and 20 losses!!!! Who can look themselves in the mirror and say "it makes sense to stick with the present line-up because things may change," without laughing like maniacs in the bathroom? That should create some concern in the household, even if there's no one there other than a cat.

If we trade Jennings, someone has to go with him....if we trade Monroe and/or Josh, someone has to be included with them.....someone that's shown potential and I'm not talking Tony Mitchell (he makes as much sense as Aaron Gray). It's time to showcase players, but the unforeseen upshot is, the team may play better and we start winning games without SVG's hand picked darlings (Singler, Butler, Augustin, and to a certain extent, KCP!) playing significant roles. Wouldn't that be a sticky wicket?

This is something for the number crunchers to consider; our starting PG averages 6.2 assists, scores 12.4 points, shooting 36.9%....our starting PF averages 4.7 assists, scores 13.5 points, shooting 38.8%....look at the difference of expected in-game responsibility and try and reconcile those numbers almost mirroring each other. For my money, if my PF can outperform my PG, I'm starting two SG's in the backcourt (Meeks and KCP) and allowing my PF to initiate the offense. A 3 guard rotation of KCP, Meeks, and Dinwiddie is as ideal as rotating the Big 3, it'll only take some time for them to gel. Since SVG favors a shortened line-up of an 8 man rotation, start Jerebko at SF (until he proves to suck) and let Singler and Butler go "rock, paper, scissors," for who backs up J.J.; that's one solution to the PG problem that Don has so eloquently illustrated.

It'll never happen because SVG is a stubborn motherf@cker and there's some narrow minded fans supporting his stupidity. Oh well. Sad
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty LOL! Don You Crack Me Up

Post  WTF Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:54 am

cool breeze wrote:
WISEFAN wrote:Don if you weren't so busy trying to see what Josh was doing wrong you might have notice Matt Barnes whipping on Kyle ass and who ever else he tried guarding yesterday.  You might have also notice Kyle jacking up 3's and missing I think he had a couple of air balls and shot 2-9 for the game.  Kyle look like a piece of sh!t last night.  

Yep I finally got around to watching the 2nd half of that dreadful game but the game was lost in the 2nd quarter when Kyle was on the bench. He did shoot up some air balls during the punishing 2nd half and his man Barnes did get hot for a few minutes. But was Kyle the main cause of this loss Wisefan? Everyone sucked except Jerebco in the 2nd half and he didn't play in the 2nd quarter because of coaches decision.

I still say if Detroit had two real point guards of NBA caliber getting the playing time of Jennings and Augustin, the team would be much more consistent and competitive. Players at other positions usually have little or no respect for point guards who cannot or won't give the effort you need to play effective defense. Knowing Jennings is a light weight defender at best, why would Van Gundy sign Augustin knowing he now has two of the weakest defenders in the league? That was a huge mental mistake.

Don, I never said Kyle loss the game for us or was he a reason we loss the game. But this addresses my point I'm always making to defend Josh is that Josh doesn't lose games for us either. Collectively this team sucks and it doesn't come down to some single players losing games.

BTW basketball games aren't loss in the 2nd quarter so stop trying to make excuses for Kyle crappy play in the second half. Also JJ played well but keep in mind by then the Clippers were playing their water boys and cheerleaders at that point.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  cool breeze Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:17 am

WISEFAN wrote:Don if you weren't so busy trying to see what Josh was doing wrong you might have notice Matt Barnes whipping on Kyle ass and who ever else he tried guarding yesterday.  You might have also notice Kyle jacking up 3's and missing I think he had a couple of air balls and shot 2-9 for the game.  Kyle look like a piece of sh!t last night.  

Yep I finally got around to watching the 2nd half of that dreadful game but the game was lost in the 2nd quarter when Kyle was on the bench. He did shoot up some air balls during the punishing 2nd half and his man Barnes did get hot for a few minutes. But was Kyle the main cause of this loss Wisefan? Everyone sucked except Jerebco in the 2nd half and he didn't play in the 2nd quarter because of coaches decision.

I still say if Detroit had two real point guards of NBA caliber getting the playing time of Jennings and Augustin, the team would be much more consistent and competitive. Players at other positions usually have little or no respect for point guards who cannot or won't give the effort you need to play effective defense. Knowing Jennings is a light weight defender at best, why would Van Gundy sign Augustin knowing he now has two of the weakest defenders in the league? That was a huge mental mistake.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty In Case Tom Gores and Joe Dumars didn't watch the Bucks vs Suns game they should know what happened in that game

Post  cool breeze Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:04 am

The game was tight. The Bucks were behind when Markieff Morris made a jump shot inside the free throw line with 3.9 seconds left. Just before Brandon Knight made a tough running jump shot with about 7 seconds to go. That got Knight another game where he scored 20 or more points and they usually are meaningful points when the game is in doubt. But this time another former Piston player was the hero of the night for the Bucks. Khris Middleton hit a 3 point shot at the buzzer to win the game. Middleton scored 14 points in the game as well.

As we ponder the plight of the Detroit Pistons backcourt with our shooting guards shooting so poorly for the entire season, what goes through Tom Gores brain when he reads the sports page and finds out his two reject players, Knight and Middleton, have once again played NBA style winning basketball. Is it a nightmare? No this really did happen Tom. Maybe you should call Joe Dumars and he will tell you why you agreed to trade those two players when you could have obtained the services for Brandon Jennings easily without giving up either player. This trade might go down as the most stupid decision in Piston history. This might be worse than the other screw up Dumars made when he drafted Darko. All we fans can do is shake our heads and suck it up while watching the most incompetent point guards and shooting guards (Jennings - KCP) or (Meeks - Augustin) in the NBA. KCP might become a adequate shooting guard in 2 more seasons. Meeks has been hurt so I will give him a break for a month. But how in hell did we end up with Jennings and Augustin. Two weak shooting horrible defenders who are small players still can make Stan Van Gundy's lineup. For me, this is the lowest point I can recall in Piston history. I cannot blame Joe Dumars because he is in hiding or has moved out of the State of Michigan. But Tom Gores is still the owner and everyone knows that he was behind this stupid trade. He was also behind the Ben Gordon trade and loss of our number one pick. I am surprised that he would ever show his face at the Palace. But fans are drinking beer and watching the cheerleaders and many fans have short memories. Those same fans can't recall when Dumars gave away Affalo. Jennings belongs in AAU and Augustin belongs in the D League. When will the suffering end? Van Gundy seems satisfied with his point guards.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Assists

Post  Sparma Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:26 pm

Jennings had a few beautiful assists against the Clippers, a couple of them to Drummond, one a flipped alley oop, another a behind the backer. I've long thought assists and rebounds should be ranked according to level of difficulty. One level would be what a replacement level player would be expected to do. For example, a guy who signed to a ten day contract should be expected to be able to dribble up the court and dish it to the outside shooter. Jennings' should get double credit for a few of his assists last night, also because he's helping our most valuable player succeed. Probably nothing very controversial there until I attach Stuckey and Knight to the more pedestrian brand of assists. In Detroit, Stuckey as PG rang up a bunch of ordinary assists, but had few TOs, whereas Knight would mix in an occasional beauty, but have more TOs.

Jennings is the one player I'd most like to exchange for an upgrade, but I'm giving him some credit where it's due.

On the other hand, I downgrade a lot of Jennings' assists because they come after he dribbles a bunch, allows the D to get into place, then dishes to the stationary target. Knight's assists typically had less of a downside in that respect. I'd give a lot of Josh Smith's assists higher value than Brandon Jennings's because Smith often hits moving targets, who move because Josh doesn't dribble much (thank goodness, given his superhigh dribble) and is looking for cutters this year. Jennings cuts down on team movement, which is a massive liability, helping to explain our offensive struggles (I'm not forgetting the awful shooting!).

Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Who's getting an unfair shake!

Post  deusXango Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:55 pm

cool breeze wrote:
Sebastian wrote:
cool breeze wrote:Jennings: First quarter = Brandon has been struggling with his shooting over the past two weeks trying to get his scoring average above 200%.

DJ Augustin: 2nd quarter = Stan Van Gundy signed Augustin over the summer because of his shooting ability. He is not shooting well lately. Then moments later after Jordon Farmar had made about 12 points in a row. Augustin has never been known as a defender since he entered the league.

So I would like to point out that Stan Van Gundy said he watched every Piston game last season. Any idiot would have been able to determine from watching the game film that one of the biggest problems with last year's team was the point guard position especially relating to the poor play of the Piston point guards. Only Siva showed that he had any ability to defend. I ask you fans this question. Where was the Piston's owner when Stan Van Gundy informed him that he wanted to pick up Augustin? Gores should have known how bad our point guards were last season if most of the Piston fans who work for a living and only spend a few hours watching the team play games. The ownership is inept and this coaching staff with their leader, Stan Van Gundy is out of touch with reality. He has Spencer Dinwiddie sitting on the bench giving him little hope of any chance to show what he is capable of doing. Stan made a huge error in signing Augustin. I can give him a pass for that. But to insist on playing both Jennings and Augustin regardless of how they play is pure evil and implants a mind set by the players who are getting screwed by Van Gundy that they hate the man and can't wait to get on another team. We are stuck with Van Gundy. He will not admit mistakes and move on and DO THE RIGHT THING. Just what has Spencer Dinwiddie done wrong when he did get on the court? He looked like the one and only point guard on this team. He shot much better than either Jennings or Augustin. He played better defense and passed the ball better. Augustin has been horrible over the last month. All NBA teams have his number before they play the Pistons. At least in the 2nd quarter Augustin didn't over penetrate which he has done in every game this season. That is a bad habit that is difficult to break for college point guards. Augustin never learned his lessons well in college.

The team looks so much better when turn over prone Josh Smith brings the ball up court and initiates the offense. He is doing a really good job. There is no need to even have Jennings and Augustin on the court at all.

Yo, cool, did you also hear when the Clippers  announcers questioned why; Jerebko is not OUR starting SF?

I was saying to myself in the 2nd quarter after that bogus 2nd line group Stan brought out looked so horribly bad, where is Jerebco? Van Gundy clearly hates playing Jerebco unless the situation is looking hopeless and it was in the middle of the 2nd. But still no Jerebco! Stan must have thought that the combination of Augustin, Meeks, Butler, Monroe and Drummond would somehow figure things out. Sebastian thanks for bringing that comment out. Jerebco had two bad moments three games ago and suddenly he is history. Meanwhile Stan's get point guards can sit down on the court and eat popcorn and Stan will still have them in the lineup with major minutes. Stan Van Gundy couldn't make manager at McDonalds. He would have the cooks mopping the floors and would keep the smatest employees with the most cheerful personalities away from the front counter.
Don, that's been my point with Datome all along! You don't see a player get any PT and you assume he ain't sh!t, but if the players in front of him, at his position really suck, the average line of thinking is, "he really ain't sh!t and he's a piss-poor, lazy-ass, practice player;" even if this is untrue, it'll be treated as gospel.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Trade to be made

Post  deusXango Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:45 pm

If we don't get sh!t for the Moose and nobody wants J-Smoove, get rid of Jennings at all costs! Damn what he may one day be, what has he been and what is he now?! Get rid of the circus clown and I betcha we see an entirely different team and that team will function better than it is now!
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Over-valuing Moose Led To This Current Situation

Post  deusXango Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:39 pm

"Over-valuing Moose Led To This Current Situation"......what else needs to be said?
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty @Don

Post  WTF Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:14 pm

Don if you weren't so busy trying to see what Josh was doing wrong you might have notice Matt Barnes whipping on Kyle ass and who ever else he tried guarding yesterday. You might have also notice Kyle jacking up 3's and missing I think he had a couple of air balls and shot 2-9 for the game. Kyle look like a piece of sh!t last night.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Over-valuing Moose Led To This Current Situation

Post  WTF Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:09 pm

Sebastian wrote:Pistons Pals: Have any of you had the chance to read the short article at that trash of a website that PistonsPowered.com has become?

In the article, "Pistons reportedly seeking first rounder in Greg Monroe trade" written by Dan Feldman (http://pistonpowered.com/2014/12/16/pistons-reportedly-seeking-first-rounder-greg-monroe-trade/), Feldman asks: Would the Trail Blazers trade Joel Freeland and Victor Claver (to make the salaries match) with a first for Monroe?.

Look, I am cool with Moose being traded, but if GM Stan is stupid enough to be fleeced by Portland for f@ckin' Joel Freeland and Victor Claver then I will personally run Stan out of the "D", my damn self.

Sebastian, don't start over-valuing Moose that or any other trade offering us a 1st rounder is an okay trade.  You can't say on one hand trade him and then tart bulking at trade proposals when they come.  Right now you have teams that don't think Moose is worth 1st rounder by itself yet alone tossing in players.  

If Stan takes that same attitude then we're going to loose Moose without getting anything. Also keep in mind only scrub players or players on a rookie contracts will be include with a team first simply to match salary. This is where Oracle point about value comes into play because the return would be much more if Moose was under a real contract (like 12-13 Million) the we could expect more than what is being suggested. Stan hope here is that he get that pick from a lottery bound team, but I don't see it happening.

Last edited by WISEFAN on Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Trading Moose ...

Post  Sebastian Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:57 pm

Pistons Pals: Have any of you had the chance to read the short article at that trash of a website that PistonsPowered.com has become?

In the article, "Pistons reportedly seeking first rounder in Greg Monroe trade" written by Dan Feldman (http://pistonpowered.com/2014/12/16/pistons-reportedly-seeking-first-rounder-greg-monroe-trade/), Feldman asks: Would the Trail Blazers trade Joel Freeland and Victor Claver (to make the salaries match) with a first for Monroe?.

Look, I am cool with Moose being traded, but if GM Stan is stupid enough to be fleeced by Portland for f@ckin' Joel Freeland and Victor Claver then I will personally run Stan out of the "D", my damn self.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Another Bad Idea from a Rich Guy from the Land of Fruits and Nuts

Post  Fennis Dembo Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:54 pm

Item: The Sacramento King's owner Vivek Ranadive has pitched the idea of playing four on five defense and leaving one player to cherry-pick.

Comment:  The Pistons played four on five defense last year.  The fifth player wasn't cherry picking he was just blowing his defensive assignment.  They all took turns being the fifth guy.  This is not a winning strategy as we all know too well.
Ranadive and Goris and Donald Sterling are living testimony that you don't have to be smart to be rich and  be an NBA owner.

Fennis Dembo

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty WTF Rudolph????

Post  Oracle Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:48 pm

FORUM - Page 30 Fe9rs
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty JJ

Post  Oracle Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:27 pm

I'm hoping that Wise is right and that SVG is showcasing the guys he wants to trade.

If that's the case, that could explain why JJ isn't getting the minutes he deserves! Having said that, both Singler and Josh looked really good in the 1st quarter!

If Josh keeps playing like this, and cut down on the turnovers, his FT shooting won't be as big an issue, and his effect on the team would become a net positive!

From what I saw last night, Jennings looked GREAT in the 1st, Singler looked great and Josh was great! When we get those players doing the right thing, this team will be hard to beat.

Beating the Clippers last night was a TALL order, and my only real hope was to be respectable, but that didn't happen! However, we can't let that distract from what they found on a tough road trip, it should pay dividends shortly!

Lastly, Goodwill posted this picture of Drummonds boots... talk about being light in the loafers lol

FORUM - Page 30 B49OeMACEAARzKh
FORUM - Page 30 FevwPhcI_normalVincent Goodwill @vgoodwill
Follow
Andre Drummond's boots... louboutins

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:09 pm

Sebastian wrote:
cool breeze wrote:Jennings: First quarter = Brandon has been struggling with his shooting over the past two weeks trying to get his scoring average above 200%.

DJ Augustin: 2nd quarter = Stan Van Gundy signed Augustin over the summer because of his shooting ability. He is not shooting well lately. Then moments later after Jordon Farmar had made about 12 points in a row. Augustin has never been known as a defender since he entered the league.

So I would like to point out that Stan Van Gundy said he watched every Piston game last season. Any idiot would have been able to determine from watching the game film that one of the biggest problems with last year's team was the point guard position especially relating to the poor play of the Piston point guards. Only Siva showed that he had any ability to defend. I ask you fans this question. Where was the Piston's owner when Stan Van Gundy informed him that he wanted to pick up Augustin? Gores should have known how bad our point guards were last season if most of the Piston fans who work for a living and only spend a few hours watching the team play games. The ownership is inept and this coaching staff with their leader, Stan Van Gundy is out of touch with reality. He has Spencer Dinwiddie sitting on the bench giving him little hope of any chance to show what he is capable of doing. Stan made a huge error in signing Augustin. I can give him a pass for that. But to insist on playing both Jennings and Augustin regardless of how they play is pure evil and implants a mind set by the players who are getting screwed by Van Gundy that they hate the man and can't wait to get on another team. We are stuck with Van Gundy. He will not admit mistakes and move on and DO THE RIGHT THING. Just what has Spencer Dinwiddie done wrong when he did get on the court? He looked like the one and only point guard on this team. He shot much better than either Jennings or Augustin. He played better defense and passed the ball better. Augustin has been horrible over the last month. All NBA teams have his number before they play the Pistons. At least in the 2nd quarter Augustin didn't over penetrate which he has done in every game this season. That is a bad habit that is difficult to break for college point guards. Augustin never learned his lessons well in college.

The team looks so much better when turn over prone Josh Smith brings the ball up court and initiates the offense. He is doing a really good job. There is no need to even have Jennings and Augustin on the court at all.

Yo, cool, did you also hear when the Clippers  announcers questioned why; Jerebko is not OUR starting SF?

I was saying to myself in the 2nd quarter after that bogus 2nd line group Stan brought out looked so horribly bad, where is Jerebco? Van Gundy clearly hates playing Jerebco unless the situation is looking hopeless and it was in the middle of the 2nd. But still no Jerebco! Stan must have thought that the combination of Augustin, Meeks, Butler, Monroe and Drummond would somehow figure things out. Sebastian thanks for bringing that comment out. Jerebco had two bad moments three games ago and suddenly he is history. Meanwhile Stan's get point guards can sit down on the court and eat popcorn and Stan will still have them in the lineup with major minutes. Stan Van Gundy couldn't make manager at McDonalds. He would have the cooks mopping the floors and would keep the smatest employees with the most cheerful personalities away from the front counter.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:52 pm

Oracle wrote:
Sebastian wrote:
Oracle wrote:If you're watching this first quarter, you've seen something VERY interesting!!

These guys look TOTALLY different as a team!

There's a new confidence, superior sharing of the ball, and just an overall look of a team that believes that they can beat anyone!

The only problem Oracle, is that a NBA game has 4 quarters. And, yes, F@ckin' Jodie Meeks scored 20 points, but practically all of his points came when the game was already decided although I guess it does technically count as it gives him the opportunity to loosen up for the remainder of the season after being out since the pre-season. But, I still say that GM Stan should not have gone out of his way to sign a guy, who will not put asses in the Palace seats so early during the FA period.

After a 2-1 road trip, OUR Pistons are still only 5-20 with the Mavericks entering the Palace on Wednesday and then it WE have Toronto on Friday and WE have to go up against Iso-Joe, again, in Brooklyn on Saturday.

WE will not play, again, until OUR boy Stuckey returns to the Palace on Friday (12/26).

A significant trade should take place, before the 6-day break, between Saturday (12/20) and Friday (12/26).

Yeah, it takes 4 quarters lol

Meeks really stunk the place up when it counted. In fact, he was a big factor in us not keeping up, well, Singler had some really bad misses, he looked like Drummond or Jordan at the FT line, missing everything on a couple 3's and a close to the basket air ball from about 8 feet! Of course Josh had his contribution, but not as visible during that stretch when they took over.

I still think they found something on this trip, and I just wish this one had been closer.

Good night!

Oracle I agree with you.

I thought the Pistons looked really good in the first quarter especially with this being a long road trip for a struggling team. Smith looked good in the first quarter and the only player who was not defending well was KCP where his man scored 4 times in a row. The ball was moving and there was a lot of player movement on offense. Singler made two 3 point shots in a row, while Drummond was just missing his tips on the offensive glass. There was effort on defense by the starting group.

It was the 2nd quarter that set the bad tone for the rest of the game for Detroit. Augustin could not guard Farmar to save his life. He was equally bad on the offensive end. The group of Augustin, Meeks, Monroe, Drummond and Butler was terrible. They looked as if this was the first game they had avery played together in. Smith played with this group for awhile and he had been playing hard and looked good before the other 4 players in this rotation played with him. We can believe that Smith and Butler were not the cause of the bad change of look for this Piston team. So it had to have something to do with Augustin and Meeks playing together. I have said it once and I'll say it again, DJ Augustin brings nothing positive to this Piston team. He is a one on one player who likes to bring the ball up court TO FIND his shot. No team can be successful on offense if only one player is involved in the offense. And he is a huge liability on defense. But this lame coach cannot see this happening game after game and week after week. Please Mr. Gores hire a high school basketball coach who will not be afraid to the the right thing. Meeks still gets a pass for stinking it up because he is getting his game legs right now.

I read some stuff by WISEFAN who has to always blame the loss on Kyle Singler. One thing is certain. If both Wisefan and myself were single men out looking to find the right woman, we would be buddies because we wouldn't be fighting over the women. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder and for sure Wisefan and myself see things differently some of the time. Wisefan said that Singler couldn't guard anyone. WIsefan do you have any idea what in hell you are talking about? Singler is a HELP type defender and those players are rare for this Piston team. His man didn't score a point in the first half that I saw when he played. If his man was scoring in the 2nd half, it was because he was trying to take up space where one of his teammates was supposed to be or had to switch because another player had decided to switch. Singler like many Piston players who have departed from the Pistons will look a lot better in coming years with another team. If I could have Stanley Johnson as our future small forward, then I will not feel bad like I did when Arron Affalo moved to Denver. Maybe if Brandon Knight were on this team you would get off Singler more. If my memory is correct you were the main poster who insisted that Brandon Knight will never be a point guard and was the man responsible for all those loses during the seasons when he played for Detroit. Why is it that you are not placing your entire focus on the Piston point guards this season??? Do you see anything that you like? That is the question that I would like to ask Stan Van Gundy. Stan do you see anything that your two point guards are doing that you actually like?? Wisefan maybe you have been critical of the point guards this season as well so I am sorry if I am wrong. I am upset with this head coach right now because it is so clear to me that this team would look so much better if only we had a complete player who is smart occupying the point guard position. Jennings and Augustin are horrible defenders. You could say the coach might be playing them because they bring a lot of positives to the offense. But that isn't true either. They hurt the offense. The team has looked a lot better on this road trip for one reason. Josh Smith has been bringing the ball up court a lot instead of the inept point guards. Josh gets his game going in the right direction playing like a point forward while pushing the ball a lot. The team didn't do that enough last night and it showed. Smith gets the players more involved in the offense. Our point guards create bad timing for the offense because they are dribblers used to finding their own shots. Jennings is trying to change but he is not a smart passer. He cannot read situations as well as Smith.

MeSSAGE TO TOM GORES. Tom please ask Stan Van Gundy exactly what he likes about his two amazing point guards Brandon Jennings and DJ Augustin. Does he like their shooting or their defense? Ir is it their amazing passing skills that makes Stan smile? And why can't Stan fit 5 minutes a game in for Spencer Dinwiddie now and then? You are an evil coach when you don't do the right thing. Are DJ and Brandon slipping Stan some extra cash to keep a good thing going? Or does Stan believe that his two ace point guards are just playing "too tight" right now and this is a fluke that they are hurting the team right now. Would Spencer hurt the team more than either Brandon or DJ Stan????

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Clippers' Announcers ...

Post  Sebastian Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:05 pm

Yo, cool, did you also hear when the Clippers announcers questioned why; Jerebko is not OUR starting SF?
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Comments from the Clipper announcers relating to Piston point guards

Post  cool breeze Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:54 pm

Jennings: First quarter = Brandon has been struggling with his shooting over the past two weeks trying to get his scoring average above 200%.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

Post  deusXango Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:16 am

WISEFAN wrote:He was 3 assist shy of a triple double.  Maybe we should have kept Stuck and got rid of KCP inconsistent ass or Jennings retarded ass.  I think Meeks and Stuckey could've been a good backcourt.  

I wonder if there be any Kyle bashing man he was getting handle by a 35 year old on both ends. Probably not I'm sure Josh will get blamed for it tb
Wise, I'm damn glad for the up-tick in Stuckey's game and to see him doing so well (with a special shoutout to Sebastian); too many unfair expectations and too much pressure & uncertainty was placed on him in Detroit, and I blame all of it on Joe Dumars. It would be interesting to watch him and Meeks in the backcourt.

I'm glad you breached the subject, because I was wondering how that performance by Singler was missed last night! Everybody, and I mean everybody, he tried to guard last night looked like bona-fide super stars and he couldn't hit a mule in the ass with a bass fiddle. lol What did he do to excite the "old and slow" of the Clippers?

There's something very wrong with this regime if no meaningful trades are made (with the emphasis on "meaningful"); one of the biggest problems I had with Dumars, during the last five years, was the rumored trades from the 15th until the deadline, only to hear at the deadline he was "standing pat." That sh!t was maddening because the team clearly needed upgrades, but not as bad as this edition of the Pistons do. Does it take SVG and Bowers to do what Dumars did? SVG give the loyal fans a righteous X-mas present.

Greg Monroe. Is it my imagine or did Van Gundy state on several occasions that he had every eventuality covered and was prepared to productively deal with the Moose situation? Time and again didn't he go before the press and say there's no reason to worry? Well, I'm worried!
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Speaking of the Stuckster

Post  WTF Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:03 am

He was 3 assist shy of a triple double. Maybe we should have kept Stuck and got rid of KCP inconsistent ass or Jennings retarded ass. I think Meeks and Stuckey could've been a good backcourt.

I wonder if there be any Kyle bashing man he was getting handle by a 35 year old on both ends. Probably not I'm sure Josh will get blamed for it tb
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next