Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+10
merc
Oracle
lemonpen
Go Stones!
FlyDog
Sissy1946
Murph
deusXango
WTF
Fennis Dembo
14 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty Ramblings

Post  deusXango Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:07 am

Greg Popovich tweeted that if he had a player that he needed to motivate, he shouldn't have brought him in....if he did he was an idiot for bringing him in; take notice to that Stan.

Charlotte is supposed to be searching for a PF or perimeter help and everyone is up for trade, but Kemba Walker and Al Jefferson; Greg Monroe for Noah Vonleh and a first round pick?

Does SVG really have the balls to tank the entire season? Play Drummond and KCP, for the experience, and bring Dinwiddie along slowly? That's quite a trio to build around while bringing in a top 5 draftee. Crazy like a fox?

With all the playing time they're getting, will Singler or Butler average 10+ points this year? We need a scoring punch from them more than that sh!t some of us are content to settle for and keep talking them up like they're top tier players.

Should Jennings make it past the trade deadline? As well as he's played, for the most part, I fear his performance is going to plummet below what it was last year by seasons end; is it time to send him home? We sent Chauncey home and he meant more to this franchise than Jennings ever will.

If Datome's such a piss-poor practice player, why is he still on the team? How is the locker room being affected if he and Anthony aren't f@ck ups in practice, but they continue to get DNP-CD's on a team with our current record? No Datome or Anthony and glimpses of Dinwiddie and Jerebko. Sh!t.

I want to thank you fellas for sharing your insights on using Drummond at PF; all of your reasonings were right on point. Sparma I thank you for bringing it to my attention that Murph had originally suggested that...he's a real bright guy. I wasn't slighting you Oracle, but I knew your thoughts would mirror mine as well they did...you just put it better than I could've. I brought that up because we've got to start thinking past Monroe and Smith, and we can't turn our noses up at some of these uber-athletic and highly skilled big men coming out because Drummond is our center....he's our center now, but he's another gifted basketball player and his skillset should be diversified A.S.A.P.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty I'm in favor of A mini blow up

Post  Phil-Good Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:00 am

This is who I would keep if possible.

Jones Jerebko.

K.Singler

Drummonds

KCP

Mitchell

D.J.

C.Martin

Dinwittie

I believe these guys are keepers. if the Price is right for JJ and Singler. Mitchell, I would give him A chance but he can go if he not ready to play ball. This is what I would do. Build the rest of the team through the draft, free agents and trades.
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty Solution?

Post  Sparma Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:54 pm

I've come to agree with the thought (voiced by Murph) that a total rebuild is necessary. Drummond, KCP, and Dinwiddie are the most likely keepers, but I'm not even entirely sold on any of them. The right trade offer (eg a young promising player and two first round picks) could land Drummond, in my current view. That doesn't mean the roster needs to be gutted (eg Singler, Augustin, and maybe even Jennings can be effective role players), but we need to be more than open to any trade that upgrades the team in the long run.

SVG's been disappointing, but I retain confidence in him, more than in anyone else, to have the longterm vision to get this things turned around.

There are some positives. My understanding is that we get to replace the 10 mil hold that was placed on Monroe during the summer, so long as we stay under the salary cap. His salary, 4.9 mil, will come free once he leaves. The other 5.1 mil space is available for use now, as I understand things. A Monroe trade seems real unlikely. What we can do is make use of half of 10 mil summer hold to facilitate a lopsided trade, now. (Correct?)

Another positive: we're headed into a good cap situation next summer, particularly in Monroe leaves. I don't see us attracting strong FAs (btw, I read that Charlotte's already looking to deal Lance Stephenson), but it puts us in a good position for trades.

Another positive: a very high draft pick.

Another: probably another real high pick the next year, etc.

Maybe, just maybe, we'll get this thing right, but I'm starting to think it's going to take most of SVG's 5 year tenure to be in good shape, and that only if we're ruthless about rebuilding now (resisting Gores' impatience). Remaining in tinkering mode earns us time without end in sight in purgatory.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty Just Saying

Post  Fennis Dembo Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:25 pm

Consider these alternative possibilities to the Pistons problems.

Maybe we are all dead and this is hell.

In a previous life we were Boston Celtics fans when they won the championship nine times in ten years.  Now in this life,  karma is kicking us in the ass for being Celtics fans.

Stan Van Gundy is a North Korean spy sent to destroy the franchise.  He is Kim Jong-un and Dennis Rodman's love child.

Josh Smith is really an alien from the planet Lovetron sent to mess with our minds.

Kwami Kilpatrick is bribing the players to shave games. The over under for the season is twenty wins.

Darth Vader is Tom Gores father and convinced him to turn to the "Dark Side" by buying a losing team and keeping the fans miserable.

God is a Spurs fan and has sent to Auburn Hills the plagues of turnovers, fouls, lousy coaching, bad defense, poor foul shooting, crappier field goal shooting, and overpriced concessions.

It's been eleven years since the Pistons last championship.  The Chicago Cubs last championship was 104 years ago. According to Einstein everything is relative including time and championships.

Last edited by Fennis Dembo on Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:08 am; edited 2 times in total

Fennis Dembo

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty Stats that coach Stan Van Gundy doesn't want fans to look at

Post  cool breeze Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:33 pm

Josh Smith:

Average minutes played per game = 33.8 ( Coach is rewarding Josh even more each game)
FG% = 377%
3 point FG% = 240%
FT% = 43% ( Coach believes that Josh is suffering from bad luck or bad memories from past seasons)

KCP:

Average minutes = 33.8 ( coach wants KCP's minutes to go up to deflect the blame from Smith)
FG%: 370%
3 Point FG = 364%
FT = 62

It should also be mentioned relating to Stan Van Gundy's reasoning as to why he is giving so much playing time to a player who occupies the important 2 guard position. You see Stan is no fool. He wants to show the owner how smart he was in signing Meeks. When Meeks returns for sure he will be able to shoot at a higher percentage than KCP. So if Meeks shoots the ball at a 385% clip for field goals and 372% for 3s, and 70% for foul shots, this group of owners might believe that Stan is really smart and will then think all this losing is not his fault.

Singler:

Average minutes played: 22.9
FG% = 455%
3 point FG% = 396%
FT = 90%
It should be noted that Singler is shooting better than any current player on the roster. Yet coach Stan Van Gundy makes it very difficult for Kyle to keep his stats this high because he hasn't bothered to run any plays for him. Singler is told to stand behind the 3 point line at the baseline and keep his trap shut. Maybe just maybe Jennings or Augustin might throw him a bone one time per quarter or half. His only chance is if those two point guards get hurt. And that will be Spencer Dinwiddie's only chance as well.

The Pistons now have some cream puffs games coming up. Let's see if Stan Van Gundy's chosen players can pull off some wins and if that will be enough to sell more tickets.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  cool breeze Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:04 pm

Sebastian wrote:
Oracle wrote:
Phil1980boy wrote:Yes. The Golden State Announcers told 100% truth about the Pistons. Here is A few points the announcers made about the Pistons.
1. They said they question Josh Smith's heart. He been in the league for 11 years and still does not know who or what he is. They basically call him dumb. FORUM - Page 40 Green_check
2. They said A.Drummonds has no low post game. His low post game leaves A lot to be desired. FORUM - Page 40 Green_check
3. they said Detroit misses A lot of shots. Even layups. FORUM - Page 40 Green_check
4. They said Detroit plays like they don't want to win the game. They question Detroit's since of urgency. FORUM - Page 40 Green_check
5. They said they spoke with Van Gundy and he said he can't work on the offense because he had to teach the player how to get back on defense. And defense was the pistons main problem. FORUM - Page 40 Green_check
6. They said the Palace is dead. It's quiet and the fans are not into the games. FORUM - Page 40 Green_check
7 And they said Detroit shooting is bottom in the league in every catagory including FT shooting.FORUM - Page 40 Green_check
Everything they said was on point. 100%%%%% FORUM - Page 40 Green_check

And I never thought at this point of this season that I would be saying this, but two things are TOTALLY clear!

1. Larry Frank's team lost, but didn't look this bad

2. Mo Cheeks team was 10 times better than this one, and even had an outside chance of making the playoffs!

Something is SERIOUSLY wrong with what SVG is doing with this team, and I have to confess, I'm completely without a clue as to WTF is going on!

I keep thinking that it can't be the injuries, but that's the only thing that changed from preseason to the regular season that I can think of, and they played totally differently then!

When the regular season hit, the ball movement just stopped!

SVG complains that they keep going to ISO plays, especially near game end, but he says it like he's some effing bystander that can't do anything about it!

Who's running this asylum anyway???

The Warriors are proving that you can run and gun and still play great defense, they're doing amazingly well.

Curry & Thompson made us look silly! They both have added some great slashing and speed to their game, and now they're getting to the rim like Tony Parker, but can still shoot the lights out from deep! I always considered them both pretty much one dimensional, but now they have rounded games, and defend so much better than they used to. Curry gave Jennings fits on defense, and he's bigger and faster!

SVG has totally misjudged the talent and style needed to succeed here, and the elephant in the room is that he's looking like the WORST coach since Flip Saunders left!

Oracle is right, the pachyderm in the room is that SVG is not coaching worth a damn. He's getting beat by damn near every coach that he is facing. His rotations are unbalanced and inconsistent. Where was Spencer Dinwiddie, yesterday? I don't believe that Jerebko didn't see time until the 4th quarter. Each time WE step onto the floor, I am beginning to believe that WE will loose, no matter what.  

I might as well at my 2 cents but I agree with everything said and also listened to the Golden State announcers. The reference made by Oracle relating to Curry was interesting. First off, Jennings and Augustin have never in their lives had the basic talent or work ethic that Curry has displayed though out his life. In fact one of the GS announcers mentioned Curry around the middle of the 1st quarter saying " Curry is a player who has never taken anything for granted. He is always working harder than other players and is never content. He always wants to get a little bit better in every area of the game. Those lucky fans that get to pull for Curry and his teammates. And don't forget that Steve Kerr is their coach. This team is having fun. They love playing for this smart coach. Can anyone imagine how this team would look if Stan Van Gundy had been hired as Golden State's coach. I think that the owners did consider hiring him. Steve is the right fit for that team.

What I see is the opposite where players do not look like they are having any fun and that they really care about each other. When you have a point guard who shuts certain players out of the offense what can you expect? Not only are the players looking like they have never played a game together before the current game coming up but the coach continues to ignore mistakes made by the same players. He allows his two ace point guards, Jennings and Augustin to turn the ball over sometimes 5 times in a row, miss 7 straight shots in the same quarter, allow their assigned man to make 7 straight shots in a row or drive to the basket 78 straight time in a row, and pass the ball to the same player on 7 straight possessions with the initial pass on the half court set. The Pistons get close or a few points ahead and Van Gundy removes the subs who have been playing at the time, and his selected group then goes down by 10 points. Van Gundy then puts his fists together and walks up and down the floor by the bench. He never removes the player or players who are failing to get the job done. He allows players like Smith to stand deep in the paint while his assigned man hits 4 3 point shots in a row unguarded. But if certain players make one mistake, SVG immediately brings in a replacement. Then he forgets about that player who might have made 10 good plays before the one bad one Stan saw. Van Gundy has blinders on. He is only looking at the payroll and making all game time decisions relating to who he will play based on the amount of money that is secured in their individual contracts. By now everyone is on to Stan Van Gundy.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:41 pm

cool breeze wrote:Yes he might be wrongly receiving the wrath of the fans Adam. This is wrong. Stan Van Gundy should be getting the wrath of the fans. He plays low producers 35 minutes per game and he screws the rookie Spencer Dinwiddie sitting him on the bench while his favorites, Jennings and Augustin somehow can screw up any team but Stan only see's their potential. Josh and Smith could be fine sitting on the end of the bench with a computer so they can count their off shore accounts during these exciting games. Dinwiddie can only sit there and wonder how in hell he can somehow get out of his current contract so he can play for a different coach.

In case some of you didn't know, Josh and Smith are mentioned here because Josh Smith has two distinct personalities. One is for his role as power forward and the other yes you guessed it, he is Stan Van Gundy's small forward as well.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty Adam's article "Is Josh Smith Getting a Raw Deal?

Post  cool breeze Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:39 pm

Yes he might be wrongly receiving the wrath of the fans Adam. This is wrong. Stan Van Gundy should be getting the wrath of the fans. He plays low producers 35 minutes per game and he screws the rookie Spencer Dinwiddie sitting him on the bench while his favorites, Jennings and Augustin somehow can screw up any team but Stan only see's their potential. Josh and Smith could be fine sitting on the end of the bench with a computer so they can count their off shore accounts during these exciting games. Dinwiddie can only sit there and wonder how in hell he can somehow get out of his current contract so he can play for a different coach.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty Things that make you go Hummmmmmmmmmm....

Post  Oracle Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:48 pm

FORUM - Page 40 Br1a73jCMAADFx-
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty Are WE to believe OUR lying eyes

Post  Sebastian Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:11 am

Oracle wrote:
Phil1980boy wrote:Yes. The Golden State Announcers told 100% truth about the Pistons. Here is A few points the announcers made about the Pistons.
1. They said they question Josh Smith's heart. He been in the league for 11 years and still does not know who or what he is. They basically call him dumb. FORUM - Page 40 Green_check
2. They said A.Drummonds has no low post game. His low post game leaves A lot to be desired. FORUM - Page 40 Green_check
3. they said Detroit misses A lot of shots. Even layups. FORUM - Page 40 Green_check
4. They said Detroit plays like they don't want to win the game. They question Detroit's since of urgency. FORUM - Page 40 Green_check
5. They said they spoke with Van Gundy and he said he can't work on the offense because he had to teach the player how to get back on defense. And defense was the pistons main problem. FORUM - Page 40 Green_check
6. They said the Palace is dead. It's quiet and the fans are not into the games. FORUM - Page 40 Green_check
7 And they said Detroit shooting is bottom in the league in every catagory including FT shooting.FORUM - Page 40 Green_check

And I never thought at this point of this season that I would be saying this, but two things are TOTALLY clear!

2. Mo Cheeks team was 10 times better than this one, and even had an outside chance of making the playoffs!

Something is SERIOUSLY wrong with what SVG is doing with this team, and I have to confess, I'm completely without a clue as to WTF is going on!

I keep thinking that it can't be the injuries, but that's the only thing that changed from preseason to the regular season that I can think of, and they played totally differently then!

SVG complains that they keep going to ISO plays, especially near game end, but he says it like he's some effing bystander that can't do anything about it!

The Warriors are proving that you can run and gun and still play great defense, they're doing amazingly well.

Curry & Thompson made us look silly! They both have added some great slashing and speed to their game, and now they're getting to the rim like Tony Parker, but can still shoot the lights out from deep! I always considered them both pretty much one dimensional, but now they have rounded games, and defend so much better than they used to. Curry gave Jennings fits on defense, and he's bigger and faster!

SVG has totally misjudged the talent and style needed to succeed here, and the elephant in the room is that he's looking like the WORST coach since Flip Saunders left!

Oracle is right, the pachyderm in the room is that SVG is not coaching worth a damn. He's getting beat by damn near every coach that he is facing. His rotations are unbalanced and inconsistent. Where was Spencer Dinwiddie, yesterday? I don't believe that Jerebko didn't see time until the 4th quarter. Each time WE step onto the floor, I am beginning to believe that WE will loose, no matter what.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty May I be even more blunt!!!

Post  Oracle Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:08 am

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty Golden State announcers

Post  Phil-Good Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:41 am

Yes. The Golden State Announcers told 100% truth about the Pistons. Here is A few points the announcers made about the Pistons.

1. They said they question Josh Smith's heart. He been in the league for 11 years and still does not know who or what he is. They basically call him dumb.

2. They said A.Drummonds has no low post game. His low post game leaves A lot to be desired.

3. they said Detroit misses A lot of shots. Even layups.

4. They said Detroit plays like they don't want to win the game. They question Detroit's since of urgency.

5. They said they spoke with Van Gundy and he said he can't work on the offense because he had to teach the player how to get back on defense. And defense was the pistons main problem.

6. They said the Palace is dead. It's quiet and the fans are not into the games.

7 And they said Detroit shooting is bottom in the league in every catagory including FT shooting.

Everything they said was on point. 100%%%%%
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:24 pm

Oracle wrote:
lemonpen wrote:Well, well, well, I guess four years does constitute a trend, so why be surprised by a fifth.   Don't believe the misinformation, this began 3 years B4 his arrival here.  Josh is a bad signing that will only get worse.  We are slowly but surely seeing what's left after the athleticism fades.   Again, I say don't believe me look at the numbers, look at the video.  JS can no longer get the board on jumping ability alone.  He can't recover to HIS man at SF OR PF.  He currently hides behind defensive switches.  Without the 3pt shot and with crappy free throw shooting his scoring can no longer be masked by increased shots per game.  At this point, He giveth and He taketh away.

I've been looking for the words, and you didn't need many to nail the Josh Smith enigma!

It's only once in a blue moon that we see the old Josh! Ok, he had a sh!t load of assists, but as you said, he'll take away more than he ever gives during the course of a game.

One thing I might add is that he's like AI at this point! He could be so much better if he recognized his weaknesses and played within his remaining ability, but he doesn't. He constantly attempts to do all of the things everybody knows that he can't do!

Joe Dumars, the patron saint of washed up players!

I agree with you Oracle Lemonpen has provided the most insightful post on Smith's impact on this team. And what is worse, with this idiot coach, Smith gets the most minutes so we might never know what the other players on this team can do. I have said it once and I'll say it again. Stan Van Gundy is the person at fault not Josh Smith. We will never know if one of the other players on this team might develop into a real NBA player if given the playing time. Van Gundy is afraid of Smith and Jennings. He wants to stay on their good side regardless of how bad they are playing. He hopes perhaps to trade them but the more they play the lower their trade value becomes. He has taken the mystery out of Smith's and Jennings potential. I was amazed that Spencer Dinwiddie didn't play one minute while Augustin and Jennings played so badly on both ends of the floor. Where is the justice? The "Mad Scientist" or should I say MSSVG will go back to his lab and try to create a drink that will somehow transplant new brains and bodies into his most favorite players.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty If Stan Van Gundy needs help someone should tell him to listen to the Golden State announcers

Post  cool breeze Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:07 pm

Some of the comments from the Golden State announcers went like this:

"Who is assigned to guard D. Green on the Pistons? Where has he been for the past 4 minutes?" This is when Green made several 3 point shots unguarded. Smith was down deep in the paint watching Green.

" Why wouldn't Josh Smith close out on Seth Curry the most deadly shooter in the NBA?" This happened when KCP was screened out and Smith stood in no mans land never moving out the necessary 5 feet to prevent Curry from shooting a wide open shot.

"It is amazing that our club has held Detroit to 25% shooting for the entire half with this team having such tired legs". Yes Piston fans, in case you didn't know, Golden State was playing their last of 5 road games in a row traveling around the country playing several games in a short period of time. At the time this statement was made, their players were running circles around our players.

Stan Van Gundy never noticed that his two favorite point guards were beaten on almost every possession on defense. Neither point guard could get the offense operational. Jennings missed several layups and it was noticeable that he hasn't mastered the ability to shoot a layup with his opposite hand. All of my highs school guards always shot their layups the right way. Jennings doesn't and his shot is easy to block but that wasn't even necessary because he wasn't even close with his layup shots. How many times did our point guards just jack up shots. Or better, how many times did Jennings play the two man game with Smith?

All of the Piston big men looked extremely tired and were out of position 75% of the time on defense. All 3 of the Big Three were guilty of not even attempting to guard anyone at least 12 times in this game. That means that the opponent had their big men open at least 36 times during this past game. Still no Jonas Jerebco until the end when the game had been decided. Never did Stan Van Gundy notice that his point guards were unable to guard anyone in this game. What high school coach would have stayed the course with Jennings and Augustin in this game? What Jr High coach would have not played Spencer Dinwiddie? That's right for you who did not see this wonderful game, Stan the Man didn't play Spencer Dinwiddie but did play Jennings and Augustin again. It makes no difference to this coach if certain players can't play any defense or if they shoot the ball at a 20% clip and fail to get the offense started with the correct pass. Stan Van Gundy looks like a puzzled mad scientist who has just mixed the wrong chemicals and blown up the chemistry lab. Somehow Van Gundy has made this team into something much worse than last season's team.

KCP might have made some shots in the 2nd half but he still played too many minutes. He is just launching shots. There is no team concept. Just whoever gets the ball shoot it. That is Van Gundy's offense. Josh Smith and Greg Monroe looked like they hadn't had a bowel movement in 3 days. Smith is playing way too many minutes and was ridiculed by the Golden State announcers and at one time one stated, "Isn't he embarrassed at all". That was when Josh just stood and did't attempt to move at all to close out one of their shooters. But Greg Monroe looked even worse than Smith. But this is Stan Van Gundy's fault. Monroe is an extremely slow footed basketball player. Golden State players are extremely fast and hard working players. If Van Gundy watched this game at all, he should have pulled Greg the first time he ran the court in this game. Greg was the slowest player on the floor. Greg can match up with a lot of NBA players. It is the coach who should know which match ups will and will not work. What in hell does this coach do but pick his nose? I really believe that Stan is the worst Piston coach we have had in 4 years. There is no doubt about it. And I was so happy when Tom Gores hired him. Tom really got ripped off in this deal with Stan Van Gundy. Gores should go to Stan and say that he insists that Stan play Spencer Dinwiddie at least 20 minutes a game. Maybe Stan will volunteer to leave.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty New Center?

Post  Sparma Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:10 pm

One mock draft service lists centers at 2-4. Looks like we'll need to beat Philly this year with the ping pong balls to get Mudiay, a PG I think Murph mentioned earlier. Statisticians don't like this idea, but I think we're due for some luck.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty FORUM

Post  Sparma Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:35 pm

We got off to a fast start, so that's something.

I hope you're right about Monroe, Merc, because he's in all likelihood headed for a team of his choice for a very good long term deal.

So far to go, it's not worth tripping over a single game.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40