FORUM

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Another Sapp Gets Caught

Post  WTF on Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:10 pm

SNL wrote:PHOENIX -- Authorities say former NFL lineman and Hall of Famer Warren Sapp has been arrested on suspicion of soliciting a prostitute and assault.

Phoenix police say Sapp, 42, was taken into custody Monday morning at a downtown hotel and booked into jail.

Sapp was a broadcaster with the NFL Network and was in Arizona for Sunday's Super Bowl but has been fired, the network said Monday.

"Warren Sapp's contract has been terminated and he no longer works for NFL Network," spokesman Alex Riethmiller said in a statement released by the channel.

Sapp played for Tampa Bay and Oakland and was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2013.

Police were called to the hotel about 2:30 a.m. Monday. A woman told officers that she and another woman were working as escorts and an argument over money in a guest's room turned physical.

Police say Sapp told investigators he had paid one of the women for sex but he denied any assault.

ESPN.com's Jane McManus and The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Get those whackers under control gentlemen seriously.


-------

http://detroitsportstalk.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=146
avatar
WTF

Posts : 3998
Join date : 2011-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Perhaps I was a little too tart.

Post  deusXango on Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:55 pm

"I feel the rage in your writing today dX and am wondering why your tone appears to be so bitter relating to some of our Piston players? This is a game. The players and coaches are trying to do what they believe might work best for this particular team. You seem to hate Kyle Singler regardless of what he did for the team the previous game."-Don

Don, I don't hate Singler, but as Sebastian and I have said for the longest, he's a bench player, plain and simple. For all who remember what we really had going for us early last season, it was Singler and Stuckey coming off the bench; we haven't had as high a scoring duo coming off the bench since then. I'm frustrated because for a coach who's watched countless hours of film to miss Singler's true worth and not try to compliment him with a scoring companion (maybe that's what SVG had in mind when he replaced Stuckey with F@ckin' Jodie Meeks; an accomplished 3 point shooter) is what has me constantly in an uproar. The previous games 14 points don't mean as much as the 20 he scored last week, but given those two scoring outbursts he still only averages 7 points a game!! What does that tell you? He has the ability, but is not being used to maximum effect, IMHO. If he averages 7 as a starter, but can average in the mid-teens coming off the bench, where would you rather have him play? SVG may be an able coach, but the others? Meh.

"Too many times under Joe Dumars we never had the opportunity to see those players shine because Joe felt a lot like you. Get rid of this guy and try that guy. Remove Arron Affalo or Brandon Knight."-Don

That's a low blow. Not too many fans felt like Joe and I damn sure wasn't one that did! I absolutely hated the Afflalo trade (especially because we kept Stuckey...that's one of the reasons I ranted on the guy for so long; I knew he wasn't a better player than Afflalo and didn't come into the league as prepared to succeed and add into it the fact, he was Joe's pet, I really didn't like the way the team descended with him as "the face of the franchise") and as far as Knight goes, he and Middleton, in my mind, could make a big difference for Detroit today. I absolutely hated those two trades!

"Yeah DX, I would rather see over the hill broke down Granger than Datome, but then I would rather see Broke Down Granger over Kyle, JJ, and Butler.

Man I thought I was bad with Josh but this obsession with this scrub Datome is more insane."
-Wise

Wise, don't get me wrong, I know that Datome will never get a chance to play in Detroit and don't really care; my concerns were always about how fair minded our coach is, and how much integrity he has, or is he just endowed with the gift of gab and a talented snake oil salesman. We've got a brokedown player already and don't need another one (Granger=Butler, same/same), IMHO, what we need is a starting, two-way SF, so Singler can come off the bench; if we signed Covington (or as Sebastian and I suggested, Miller) from the D-League, and Siva instead of Lucas III, we may have a sounder team now....I really want Datome gone so that he may get a chance elsewhere, much like Josh...a "chance" is the operative word and free up that roster spot...the remainder of $1.8 million is nowhere as great as $2 million next season for basically the same thing.

I'm agreement with all who support Dinwiddie getting more PT as that's the only way he can become acclimated to the NBA's speed, talent level of other players, and the shortcomings of his game. This is not a lost season if our young players improve and making the playoffs with players who won't be a part of team going forward is not improvement.
avatar
deusXango

Posts : 2746
Join date : 2011-12-21
Location : Oaxaca, Mexico

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Don Stop Making Up Stuff

Post  WTF on Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:07 pm

cool breeze wrote:
Oracle wrote:SVG just LOVES small guards, if he's listed at 5'11, he's likely 5'9 and change!

John Lucas III
Born: November 21, 1982 (age 32), Washington, D.C.

Height: 5' 11" (1.80 m)

Salary: 1.6 million USD (2014)

Siblings: Jai Lucas

Education: Baylor University, Oklahoma State University–Stillwater

Parents: John Lucas II, DeEdgra Lucas

You are correct Oracle. Lucas sure appears to be really short and around the height you guessed at. This is an experiment relating to the 10 day contract. I am surprised because I believe Dinwiddie is not hurting the 2nd unit at all. It is refreshing to see a quick 8 foot 6 inch point guard wearing a Piston uniform. Spencer did a lot of things well in this last game. He just needs more games under his belt and to have the opportunity to play against players a second time around. I recall how Brandon Jennings really made Brandon Knight look back on their first meeting and I don't think that ever happened again after Knight had a summer to work on his defense. However, one of the biggest mistakes people make in life is believing that they know what they don't know. I am not a coach for the Pistons. Stan Van Gundy is the coach and perhaps he believes that the 2nd unit needs a speedy guy who offers a spark with this unit. In the last game, I thought that the comeback by Houston less to do with Spencer Dinwiddie's mistakes then lack of player movement with the other 4 players. There was a lot of standing around on offense as if the players were tired. But Van Gundy must believe that he cannot fully trust Spencer Dinwiddie yet. I read where Houston management believes they have a good system in place because they hand pick future glue type players and place them in the D League for as long as 3 seasons before inserting them as regular players. They bring the players up from the D League for brief periods and play them a bit and send them back to work on their confidence and skills. After reading that article, I wondered what World Joe Dumars was living in when he ran the show in Detroit.

Dinwiddie is not 6 inches from being 9 feet tall facepalm
avatar
WTF

Posts : 3998
Join date : 2011-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Some Small Forwarding

Post  WTF on Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:03 pm

My Pal DX wrote:Datome rot on the end of the bench and he couldn't lace up any of those players shoes, to let some tell it. Trade his ass and failing to do that, cut him for the roster spot (if $2 million doesn't mean squat as some have suggested when discussing brokedown and over the hill Granger).

Yeah DX, I would rather see over the hill broke down Granger than Datome, but then I would rather see Broke Down Granger over Kyle, JJ, and Butler.

Man I thought I was bad with Josh but this obsession with this scrub Datome is more insane. We're still not as bad Don with Kyle's sorry ass though and how he builds his ass up lol
avatar
WTF

Posts : 3998
Join date : 2011-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FORUM

Post  cool breeze on Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:00 pm

Oracle wrote:SVG just LOVES small guards, if he's listed at 5'11, he's likely 5'9 and change!

John Lucas III
Born: November 21, 1982 (age 32), Washington, D.C.

Height: 5' 11" (1.80 m)

Salary: 1.6 million USD (2014)

Siblings: Jai Lucas

Education: Baylor University, Oklahoma State University–Stillwater

Parents: John Lucas II, DeEdgra Lucas

You are correct Oracle. Lucas sure appears to be really short and around the height you guessed at. This is an experiment relating to the 10 day contract. I am surprised because I believe Dinwiddie is not hurting the 2nd unit at all. It is refreshing to see a quick 8 foot 6 inch point guard wearing a Piston uniform. Spencer did a lot of things well in this last game. He just needs more games under his belt and to have the opportunity to play against players a second time around. I recall how Brandon Jennings really made Brandon Knight look back on their first meeting and I don't think that ever happened again after Knight had a summer to work on his defense. However, one of the biggest mistakes people make in life is believing that they know what they don't know. I am not a coach for the Pistons. Stan Van Gundy is the coach and perhaps he believes that the 2nd unit needs a speedy guy who offers a spark with this unit. In the last game, I thought that the comeback by Houston less to do with Spencer Dinwiddie's mistakes then lack of player movement with the other 4 players. There was a lot of standing around on offense as if the players were tired. But Van Gundy must believe that he cannot fully trust Spencer Dinwiddie yet. I read where Houston management believes they have a good system in place because they hand pick future glue type players and place them in the D League for as long as 3 seasons before inserting them as regular players. They bring the players up from the D League for brief periods and play them a bit and send them back to work on their confidence and skills. After reading that article, I wondered what World Joe Dumars was living in when he ran the show in Detroit.

cool breeze

Posts : 2548
Join date : 2011-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FORUM

Post  cool breeze on Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:41 pm

deusXango wrote:I know this is going to burn some ass, but all it requires is some honest thinking to realize, Jerebko and Tolliver are better fits for this team than Singler and Butler, they just cost more right now; they're on the roster and we're under the CAP so what's the problem.

I forget who, but someone remarked that Singler was a specialist and I'm wondering, a specialist at what? His FG percentages? In his case that's the most misleading statistic imaginable; examine all the numbers closely and put the games to the eye test.

It's been said energy, intelligence, and edge are the things that win or keep us in games, thus giving us a chance to win; going down the home stretch, I'd like to see more of J.J. and Tolliver coming off the bench together, especially since we're lacking for point production and defense off the bench. We're all up in the air about who we sign for a 3rd PG, but we've forgotten we're a team that gets better by addition through subtraction...who should we subtract next?

Do we have another stubborn, foot dragger who makes irrational moves in the front office? I remember how that worked out before and fan support didn't alter the outcome of those decisions made; "there's no need for a traditional PG. Combo guards and hybrid forwards are the way of the future." Why was Villanueva allowed to wear a Pistons uniform through his entire contract, but it made sense to give away a first round draft pick to trade Gordon? We sent Iverson home, benched McGrady, and didn't play Maggette at all, but we let Datome rot on the end of the bench and he couldn't lace up any of those players shoes, to let some tell it. Trade his ass and failing to do that, cut him for the roster spot (if $2 million doesn't mean squat as some have suggested when discussing brokedown and over the hill Granger).

I feel the rage in your writing today dX and am wondering why your tone appears to be so bitter relating to some of our Piston players? This is a game. The players and coaches are trying to do what they believe might work best for this particular team. You seem to hate Kyle Singler regardless of what he did for the team the previous game. In case you forgot, Singler scored 14 points, had about 5 deflections that led to steals, had one clean steal that lead to a fast brake basket, and worked hard setting screens and rebounding. His defense was good according to Stan Van Gundy who is a seasoned well respected NBA coach. In fact, SVG believes that KCP and Singler are the two best defenders on the team. In this last game, Van Gundy had KCP and Singler guarding Harden. I believe Singler has issues but you are off base trying to muddy the water by saying the stats are misleading. Singler is a good 3 point shooter. He had a dry spell recently until this last game because he fractured his nose. If you take a close look at his face you will see that it is still black and blue from that injury. Singler played injured and took off the mask because he was missing open looks. Many players would have taken a week off. Singler wasn't worried about his stats during this period of time because he is a team first type of player who is only interested in doing what he can to help his team WIN.

What I enjoy in watching basketball is following young players who are developing like Pope, Drummond, Dinwiddie and Singler. If I believe they are not lazy selfish people I really pull for them to become successful and if they do that, it is really cool to sit back and enjoy them execute after they have been in the league for 5 years. Too many times under Joe Dumars we never had the opportunity to see those players shine because Joe felt a lot like you. Get rid of this guy and try that guy. Remove Arron Affalo or Brandon Knight. Knight will never be a point guard. Why in hell do they start Brandon. He should come off the bench. What a waste of a first round draft pick. I sat back and cringed reading some of that crap and sure enough Joe Dumars removed those players. All through Knight's stay in Detroit those who enjoyed writing critical remarks never seemed to understand that he was inexperienced but trying like hell to become great while playing with a power forward named Jason Maxiell. The devil is in the details dX. There is a reason why Kyle Singler has been the starter for the past 3 seasons playing two different positions beating out the popular Rodney Stuckey under 4 coaching staffs. Singler needs to improve his ball handling skills and mid range jump shot. But I believe he can do that and he is already a good defender and will get even better in time. If he comes off the bench or is a starter, Singler is a great teammate who brings positive energy to the team. He always has done that. If we could get a Stanley Johnson in the draft, that for sure would be an upgrade but Johnson will also need fans to be patient with him because he is young like Brandon Knight was when he was drafted.

As good as Brandon Jennings has played since Josh Smith was released, perhaps the worst decision Dumars has ever made might be giving away Brandon knight. He is a star and a driven guy who is going to rule this league in coming seasons. And he is all about winning and not individual glory. Knight would fit perfectly with Van Gundy;s up tempo hard nosed defensive minded preaching. That is what I am pissed about.

cool breeze

Posts : 2548
Join date : 2011-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Just the facts ma'am

Post  Oracle on Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:36 am

SVG just LOVES small guards, if he's listed at 5'11, he's likely 5'9 and change!

John Lucas III
Born: November 21, 1982 (age 32), Washington, D.C.

Height: 5' 11" (1.80 m)

Salary: 1.6 million USD (2014)

Siblings: Jai Lucas

Education: Baylor University, Oklahoma State University–Stillwater

Parents: John Lucas II, DeEdgra Lucas
avatar
Oracle

Posts : 6035
Join date : 2011-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

'Ya get what you pay for.

Post  deusXango on Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:56 am

I know this is going to burn some ass, but all it requires is some honest thinking to realize, Jerebko and Tolliver are better fits for this team than Singler and Butler, they just cost more right now; they're on the roster and we're under the CAP so what's the problem.

I forget who, but someone remarked that Singler was a specialist and I'm wondering, a specialist at what? His FG percentages? In his case that's the most misleading statistic imaginable; examine all the numbers closely and put the games to the eye test.

It's been said energy, intelligence, and edge are the things that win or keep us in games, thus giving us a chance to win; going down the home stretch, I'd like to see more of J.J. and Tolliver coming off the bench together, especially since we're lacking for point production and defense off the bench. We're all up in the air about who we sign for a 3rd PG, but we've forgotten we're a team that gets better by addition through subtraction...who should we subtract next?

Do we have another stubborn, foot dragger who makes irrational moves in the front office? I remember how that worked out before and fan support didn't alter the outcome of those decisions made; "there's no need for a traditional PG. Combo guards and hybrid forwards are the way of the future." Why was Villanueva allowed to wear a Pistons uniform through his entire contract, but it made sense to give away a first round draft pick to trade Gordon? We sent Iverson home, benched McGrady, and didn't play Maggette at all, but we let Datome rot on the end of the bench and he couldn't lace up any of those players shoes, to let some tell it. Trade his ass and failing to do that, cut him for the roster spot (if $2 million doesn't mean squat as some have suggested when discussing brokedown and over the hill Granger).
avatar
deusXango

Posts : 2746
Join date : 2011-12-21
Location : Oaxaca, Mexico

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Brady

Post  WTF on Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:12 pm

One day soon Stafford is going to be as good as Brady tb  lol

I don't care if Brady ever wins again I just wanted him to get number 4 and be right there with Bradshaw and Montana. Thanks Pete Carroll for turning complete Moron! The Football Gods all but gifted you this game and you re gifted it right to the Patriots. WOW!

avatar
WTF

Posts : 3998
Join date : 2011-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

SVG Clown Show

Post  WTF on Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:08 pm

Da Rumor Mill wrote:According to KTSP's Darren Wolfson, the Detroit Pistons are one of four teams interested in acquiring veteran Guard Mo Williams, although Motown has a "small chance" in the Williams sweepstakes, it would indicate that the potential trade initially reported by MLive's David Mayo could have fallen through.

Mayo earlier reported that Stan Van Gundy offered Jonas Jerebko to the Miami Heat for a struggling Norris Cole, however, in a turn of events that has apparently plagued the Pistons, Pat Riley upped the ante and added Danny Granger to the trade discussions. Van Gundy cut off the talks, presumably due to his reluctance to take on an aging Granger who has a $2 million player option for the 2015-16 season. Since then, the Pistons have been linked to Minnesota's Mo Williams, who, although has suffered shooting the ball this season, is still averaging 12.5 Points and 6.4 Assists as the Timberwolves' backup point guard. Not sure why SVG would have bulked on the deal because Granger was tossed in the mix. That 2 million player option is not that big of a deal.

The 11-year veteran is on contract until the end of the year for $3.75 million, he would bring the Pistons leadership and a floor general able to distribute and, to a certain extent, be a threat from the three-point line. The Timberwolves would be ideal trade partners for the Pistons, who are looking to unload a newly redundant Jerebko and bench-warming Luigi Datome, whilst the Wolves are listening to offers for Williams, and are looking to honor Chase Budinger's trade request. Budinger, a DBB favorite, has two years, $10 million remaining on his contract, including a player option for next season. The 26 year-old former Arizona Wildcat shot 40.2% from deep during the 2011-2012 season prior to tearing his meniscus in 2013, since then, he has dealt with various injuries, which have limited him to 74 games in his first two seasons with Minnesota. Another move SVG should have strongly considered hell he could have tossed Singler ass into the mix as well.  

Considering Van Gundy turned down Granger's $2 million option, odds are Budinger's $5 million might be too much to gamble on for the Pistons. However, Mo Williams would prove to be a valuable piece for Detroit, and ticks all of SVG's pre-requisites for the job -- barring defense. For the deal to work however, it would mean that the Pistons would have to give up a pick, or possibly Jonas Jerebko's expiring contract. That being said, a return of Mo Williams would be far more desirable than one consisting of Norris Cole and Miami's spare parts. Clearly don't give up a pick but hell yeah you give up Jonas

Stan Van Gundy told Keith Langlois at Pistons.com that the Detroit would bring in their newest addition in this week, who would you rather see dress up in a Piston uniform come the end of the week?

SVG stop acting like Joe ass, eating 2 million on the Granger option is small potatos unless Granger is totally wounded then he's better at 25% than any SF we have at 100% IMO.  Kander still on the staff who knows what life he can bring back to Granger, I remember similar **** being said of Webber and we got production out of him.  Not that big of a risk IMO! Certainly not a deal breaker to get Coles.

Again stop tripping SVG, JJ expiring shouldn't be a deal breaker either considering how he's in and out the lineup.  Lucas really? at least get a player that's actually in the league if you must get a 3rd PG.  I agree with DX, that we might as well brought back Siva, hell found Bynum.
avatar
WTF

Posts : 3998
Join date : 2011-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Things that are better than John Lucas da turd?

Post  Oracle on Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:47 pm

Rotten Eggs

Enemas

Salt on an open wound

Ingrown toenails

Migraines

Root Canals

Turd Blossom

Nails on a Chalkboard

Colonoscopy

Head Lice

Did I miss anything?

Oh yeah, even this super lame crap is better...
avatar
Oracle

Posts : 6035
Join date : 2011-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FORUM

Post  merc on Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:47 pm

Looks like SVG is signing John Lucas III for 10 days (per Stein)
avatar
merc

Posts : 1064
Join date : 2011-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

I see some fans are pushing to sign Jordan Crawford...

Post  Oracle on Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:20 pm

He looks like more of a 2 guard(read ball hog), but could be a change of pace coming off the bench.

He's a FA right now in China and might be someone SVG looks at.

avatar
Oracle

Posts : 6035
Join date : 2011-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

On the flip side...

Post  Oracle on Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:04 pm

merc wrote:Wise the first step to recovery is admitting that Josh sucks... it's ok bro we're there for ya toast

lollollollollollollollollollollollollollol................ Sho you right!!!!

On the flip side, the Pistons were just glad to hear Fans, or anything because seats can't talk!
avatar
Oracle

Posts : 6035
Join date : 2011-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FORUM

Post  merc on Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:09 pm

Wise the first step to recovery is admitting that Josh sucks... it's ok bro we're there for ya toast
avatar
merc

Posts : 1064
Join date : 2011-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Wishy Washy Fans Are Janky

Post  WTF on Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:10 pm

FlyDog wrote:
WISEFAN wrote:Watch out for the Bad Luck that Casual Fans carry with them.  I'm not surprised that the Classless Fans booed Josh hell they did it to Big Ben when he bolted to Chicago, they booed Lanier as a Milwaukee Buck some fans even turned on Rodman.  

Stupid to try turning Josh onto some villain when he wasn't its all self serving in some effort of delusional thinking that Josh was all that was wrong with the team. Well the team just had a 4 game losing streak when many thought those days were long behind them hope no one else goes down.

I believe the 4 game losing streak had quite a bit to do with Jennings getting hurt.  That happened before the crowd booed Smith.  I don't condone booing Joshie.  But damn, the Pistons SUCKED his entire time here.  Maybe THAT is what they were booing.  Kinda like when Leyland was starting Ryan Raburn at 2nd Base, or when he would bring Phil Coke into a close game.  When these players inevitably screwed up.......we heard boos.  WHO they were aimed at is another question.  Booing Smith is almost an extension at booing Dumars, imo.

The Pistons sucked before he got here too. As a Josh defender and I am whatever we were was result of poor planning form a coaches perspective, and organization perspective. I surprise that some fans looked at Josh as some type of savior when Joe signed him, why not boo the entire team?

I don't care for the wishy washy-ness of the casual fans and uninformed media, but I understand Josh wasn't a fan favorite for many of the wrong reasons. At one point everyone was ready to run Jennings out the door right behind Josh, this same casual fans flip flop on wanting Monroe here beyond this season.
avatar
WTF

Posts : 3998
Join date : 2011-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Jennings

Post  FlyDog on Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:56 am

WISEFAN wrote:Watch out for the Bad Luck that Casual Fans carry with them.  I'm not surprised that the Classless Fans booed Josh hell they did it to Big Ben when he bolted to Chicago, they booed Lanier as a Milwaukee Buck some fans even turned on Rodman.  

Stupid to try turning Josh onto some villain when he wasn't its all self serving in some effort of delusional thinking that Josh was all that was wrong with the team. Well the team just had a 4 game losing streak when many thought those days were long behind them hope no one else goes down.

I believe the 4 game losing streak had quite a bit to do with Jennings getting hurt. That happened before the crowd booed Smith. I don't condone booing Joshie. But damn, the Pistons SUCKED his entire time here. Maybe THAT is what they were booing. Kinda like when Leyland was starting Ryan Raburn at 2nd Base, or when he would bring Phil Coke into a close game. When these players inevitably screwed up.......we heard boos. WHO they were aimed at is another question. Booing Smith is almost an extension at booing Dumars, imo.
avatar
FlyDog

Posts : 764
Join date : 2011-12-14
Age : 46
Location : Fort Myers, FL (Lil Pakistan)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

SVG is a PG's Dream

Post  FlyDog on Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:50 am

I think a lot of the success that Jennings and now Augustin have had is due to Van Gundy's system. Jameer Nelson made some Allstar appearances, and he's not that great.

Right after I peg KCP as a career backup, he comes up with a game like this? Matching Harden point per point is pretty impressive. Keep it up, young man!
avatar
FlyDog

Posts : 764
Join date : 2011-12-14
Age : 46
Location : Fort Myers, FL (Lil Pakistan)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Pistons 114, Rockets 101

Post  Sebastian on Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:12 am

OUR back-up assembled roster and two young bigs held their own against the Rockets, who were playing their fifth game in seven nights traveling to Phoenix, LA, back to Houston to play Dallas, then to Boston, and last night in Detroit.

KCP played a two-way game for the ages and D.J. Augustine bounced back from the Philly with another strong game, but let's not get it twisted D.J. is a very good back-up in this League.

WE need to try to find a way to get that dude, Motiejunas. That guy can play!
avatar
Sebastian

Posts : 1278
Join date : 2011-12-16
Location : Durham, NC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Brady Gets Super Bowl Win #4

Post  WTF on Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:25 am

At least I'm hoping he does, hard not to root for a former Wolverine and this is my 2nd favorite team next to my Lions lol GO PATRIOTS!!!!

Plus I like to see them throw all that fan and media hatred back in their collective faces tb
avatar
WTF

Posts : 3998
Join date : 2011-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Karma's A Bitch!

Post  WTF on Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:08 am

Watch out for the Bad Luck that Casual Fans carry with them. I'm not surprised that the Classless Fans booed Josh hell they did it to Big Ben when he bolted to Chicago, they booed Lanier as a Milwaukee Buck some fans even turned on Rodman.

Stupid to try turning Josh onto some villain when he wasn't its all self serving in some effort of delusional thinking that Josh was all that was wrong with the team. Well the team just had a 4 game losing streak when many thought those days were long behind them hope no one else goes down.
avatar
WTF

Posts : 3998
Join date : 2011-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

We needed that...

Post  Oracle on Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:34 am

Yes Don, there was good effort and edge, but more importantly, when you get that level of production from Augustin, KCP & Singler, good things are going to happen!

Drummond is suffering offensively from the loss of Jennings! Jennings got him a ton of lobs that are no longer there. However, the story for me was the absolutely stellar play of KCP on both ends of the floor!

KCP is capable of being the guy that steps up and makes a bid to replace a lost Jennings, but just like in summer league, SVG is going to have to run more plays for him, and not just spot up shooting.

Even if KCP does step up, he can't do it alone! At some point Meeks is going to have to get his mojo back, or the 2nd unit is going to be really weak.

Dinwiddie is being unfairly judged IMO, because he needs a LOT more time to be effective, but we simply don't have the time to wait! SVG needs to pull the trigger on a move ASAP, and if possible bring Dinwiddie along a bit slower!

I thought it was sick and classless for them to boo Josh the way they did!

Now, I may have started booing him if he was torching us, but he was his usual ineffective self, taking a real nasty block from Drummond, who erased his ass beautifully!

Oh well, like I said, like a good stiff drink, we needed that, and amazingly, it took Josh Smith showing up to make it happen!

On a football note, my Dad showed the 1957 Championship game... AGAIN, not that I don't like it, but I've seen the damn thing a million times, and we won yet again lol . He just likes to do that the night before the super bowl.

Seahawks deflate the Pats Balls for the Championship is my guess!
avatar
Oracle

Posts : 6035
Join date : 2011-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Effort and edge was clearly displayed by our Piston players tonight - Great job!

Post  cool breeze on Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:17 pm

If our players had concentrated more on their free throws our Pistons would have enjoyed a blowout. But they did make every free throw with the game on the line. DJ and Pope were outstanding. Pope has great quickness and now is using that quickness to create his own shot when the offense struggles. He also did a great job stopping dribble penetration. One one play he stopped two different Houston players who were trying to penetrate to the hoop. KCP is capable of becoming an All Star type player if he continues to work hard.

The Pistons started the first quarter playing some of the best basketball that I have seen from a Piston team in many seasons. They played both ends of the floor really hard and with confidence. In the 2nd quarter it appeared to me that Dinwiddie is being instructed not to attempt to penetrate like DJ was doing. The floor spacing was horrible and players were not moving without the ball setting screens etc. But one play between Dinwiddie and Tolliver looked really good with Tolliver making a great move towards the hoop after passing to Spencer and getting the back quickly for the easy score. One problem with the 2nd unit seems to be the lack of offensive punch currently being provided by Meeks. Meeks needs to be a threat on offense or another player needs to step in. I suspect that Meeks is still not 100% physically.

Monroe is a different player since Van Gundy has taken over this team. I am wondering if Greg might want to stay a little longer in Detroit to see the day when the Palace fills up again. Greg is staying with it and not giving up as easily and good things happen for him when he does that.

This was a game that had my emotions on edge and it is so good to see our players come out on top. Very cool!

cool breeze

Posts : 2548
Join date : 2011-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Pistons 86-65

Post  Sissy1946 on Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:09 pm

So far so good.
avatar
Sissy1946

Posts : 494
Join date : 2011-12-14
Location : Battle Creek, Mi.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

DX, extreme views...

Post  Oracle on Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:24 pm

Why is it that you take everything to the extreme?

It's ridiculous to say those things. Just because 3 coaches do the same thing doesn't mean it's true in every case. It takes all of just reading to see that we're talking about a specific case. A case where a coach NEEDS his specialized skills to see that, but of course you don't.

You equate that to JJ, which any clear analysis could see is a different case, in addition, it's a reversal of what the previous coaches did, and still you point to that as an example when clearly it makes your argument mute!

On Monroe, you're the one calling him average, with NOTHING, and I mean nothing to back that up! Monroe is a lot of things, but average isn't one of them!

If you bothered to look up the numbers, you'd know how far off your ability to judge is, but that requires work, and while the DX I know isn't afraid to do it, for some reason in this case you haven't!

Before you start with the Monroe supporters stuff, this is not in support of any individual, it's in support of facts, and if you're complaining, at least complain about the right stuff.

BTW, what posts on Datome and coaches are you talking about that I wrote?
avatar
Oracle

Posts : 6035
Join date : 2011-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FORUM

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum