Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+10
merc
Oracle
lemonpen
Go Stones!
FlyDog
Sissy1946
Murph
deusXango
WTF
Fennis Dembo
14 posters

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty Deadline Jitters Perhaps

Post  WTF Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:56 am

What an ass whipping who were we playing Petersen. I'm sure Josh loss this game as well lol

It kind of look like SVG was showcasing and the players kind of knew it. Maybe something is being discussed and is very close to happening.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty You never lied!!!

Post  Oracle Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:17 am

Sebastian wrote:
Oracle wrote:If you're watching this first quarter, you've seen something VERY interesting!!

These guys look TOTALLY different as a team!

There's a new confidence, superior sharing of the ball, and just an overall look of a team that believes that they can beat anyone!

The only problem Oracle, is that a NBA game has 4 quarters. And, yes, F@ckin' Jodie Meeks scored 20 points, but practically all of his points came when the game was already decided although I guess it does technically count as it gives him the opportunity to loosen up for the remainder of the season after being out since the pre-season. But, I still say that GM Stan should not have gone out of his way to sign a guy, who will not put asses in the Palace seats so early during the FA period.

After a 2-1 road trip, OUR Pistons are still only 5-20 with the Mavericks entering the Palace on Wednesday and then it WE have Toronto on Friday and WE have to go up against Iso-Joe, again, in Brooklyn on Saturday.

WE will not play, again, until OUR boy Stuckey returns to the Palace on Friday (12/26).

A significant trade should take place, before the 6-day break, between Saturday (12/20) and Friday (12/26).

Yeah, it takes 4 quarters lol

Meeks really stunk the place up when it counted. In fact, he was a big factor in us not keeping up, well, Singler had some really bad misses, he looked like Drummond or Jordan at the FT line, missing everything on a couple 3's and a close to the basket air ball from about 8 feet! Of course Josh had his contribution, but not as visible during that stretch when they took over.

I still think they found something on this trip, and I just wish this one had been closer.

Good night!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty Clippers 113, Pistons 91

Post  Sebastian Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:11 am

Oracle wrote:If you're watching this first quarter, you've seen something VERY interesting!!

There's a new confidence, superior sharing of the ball, and just an overall look of a team that believes that they can beat anyone!

The only problem Oracle, is that a NBA game has 4 quarters. And, yes, F@ckin' Jodie Meeks scored 20 points, but practically all of his points came when the game was already decided although I guess it does technically count as it gives him the opportunity to loosen up for the remainder of the season after being out since the pre-season. But, I still say that GM Stan should not have gone out of his way to sign a guy, who will not put asses in the Palace seats so early during the FA period.

After a 2-1 road trip, OUR Pistons are still only 5-20 with the Mavericks entering the Palace on Wednesday and then WE have Toronto on Friday and then WE have to go up against Iso-Joe, again, in Brooklyn on Saturday.

WE will not play, again, until OUR boy Stuckey returns to the Palace on Friday (12/26).

A significant trade should take place, before the 6-day break, between Saturday (12/20) and Friday (12/26).
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty Wow...

Post  Oracle Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:03 am

If you're watching this first quarter, you've seen something VERY interesting!!

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty Stranger things have been known to happen

Post  deusXango Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:39 pm

Let's see, a fire sale for Jennings, Smith, and Monroe, leaving us with Martin, Augustin, Butler, and F@ckin' Jodie Meeks with these unknown pieces SVG and Bowers decide are worthy of being Pistons. That's the way to build around Drummond, KCP, Singler, and Dinwiddie....just might be crazy enough to work!

I'm not accusing SVG of career assassination, but who can't get ANY playing time on a team with the record we've posted so far and be considered a pro? Has it been because of the staggering play of Singler and Butler that Datome can't even be seen on the bench anymore? Strange.

After getting their ass beat by the Bucks the other night, the Pistons are coming into their house tonight and run the Clippers out. 3-0 with F@ckin' Jodie Meeks, who knew?!

Jennings to the Lakers for Lin and their first round pick....Monroe to the Suns for Green and the Lakers provisional first round pick....Smith to the Kings for the Predator and their first round pick. 4 first round picks for 3 alphas; Mudiay, Johnson, and any stud big man who can play defensive/stretch PF. This is where I can go with a 2 game winning streak and the trade doors blown open....I know I'm strange.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty MonHoe Wants Out

Post  WTF Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:05 pm

Sproting News wrote:Instead, Monroe had to sign Detroit’s $5.5 million qualifying offer, making him a Piston for this year, and allowing him to be an unrestricted free agent next summer. As part of that contract, under NBA rules, Monroe is allowed to veto any trade the Pistons come up with before February’s trading deadline.

But that won’t happen, a source with knowledge of the situation told Sporting News. Detroit is off to a brutal 5-19 start, and Monroe would be happy to exit stage left—though the Pistons want a first-rounder to help with their rebuilding in return.

“Everyone knows he wants out of there,” the source told SN. “There is almost nothing he would shoot down.”

Okay Pistons make this work!
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty One for me and one for you.

Post  WTF Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:58 pm

deusXango wrote:
WISEFAN wrote:
Brandon Jennings, should be move as well but I don't think we can because that's crappy he's been.  Not that I think Dinwiddie would be any better I just don't see where it would hurt to play him and find out how good he can become.  I'm not all gunho on Dinwiddie and I won't get into calling him better than Jennings because we have no proof and I'm not going to bang that potential drum that often gets banged on around here with every player we draft. I still have doubts about whether KCP can cut it and if he's a wasted pick, so I'm not about to pump Dinwiddie.   But he deserves to show rather he can cut it in the NBA.
Jennings has shown poor ass chemistry with Drummond (particularly with the lob passes; seems he's trying to look cool and effectiveness be damned!) and like Don has said repeatedly, he only passes the ball to Josh; J-Smoove is a more effective ball distributor than Jennings and damn near averages as many assists from the PF spot as Jennings does as our starting PG. Gimme some Dinwiddie for sure!

Josh Smith,  Not much Josh bashing the last 2 games, are you all sick or just tired of lying on him  lol
"You ain't seen nuthin' yet." Josh is on the road to quieting the opinionated, loud mouthed, haters who says he don't know how to play the game; wait until his free throw average goes up and his turnovers go down.

DX, My head say keep Josh, My heart hopes he gets traded because he deserves better than these Detroit Pistons Fans. He don't need the crap he's getting from media or the fans when clearly all the sh!t here stinks. Josh is like the corn in a turd and fans think if they pick the corn out the turd it becomes edible.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty It's Gag Pee MonHoe

Post  WTF Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:52 pm

Oracle wrote:

Greg Monroe

Monroe's situation is a bit different than others. The Pistons big man was a restricted free agent last summer and signed a one-year, $5.5 qualifying offer with Detroit in the offseason. Monroe didn't sign any official offers from other teams, most likely because this avenue was his best chance to escape Detroit. He will be unrestricted free agent this offseason.
But because of that decision, Monroe will be difficult to trade. He can veto any deal thanks to a little-known rule that prevents his new team from going over the salary cap to keep him as a free agent. The stipulation applies to any player on a one-year contract and is expected to cool Monroe's market.

FORUM - Page 31 Jz-use_normalJeff Zillgitt

Teams calling Pistons about Greg Monroe get same answer: Monroe, who must approve trade, uninterested & wants to keep Bird rights, I'm told.
It's possible that Monroe, who's averaging 15 points and nine rebounds in 30 minutes per game for the 5-19 Pistons, believes that playing for a new team would provide him with the opportunity to show the league that he's worthy of a maximum contract. But that's mostly for naught if the team acquiring him can't pay him that.

This is the only scenario where SVG can save some face if the Pistons have to facilitate sign and trade so he can get a max deal. I think this was also a back up plan in case all else failed this past summer which it did. This still could backfire in there face and in Monroe's face so he might want to consider a trade before the deadline.

Monroe also might want to consider a short deal oppose to the max deal right now if the cap space suppose to be taking a giant leap after 2015.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty MonHoe

Post  Oracle Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:55 pm

Greg Monroe

Monroe's situation is a bit different than others. The Pistons big man was a restricted free agent last summer and signed a one-year, $5.5 qualifying offer with Detroit in the offseason. Monroe didn't sign any official offers from other teams, most likely because this avenue was his best chance to escape Detroit. He will be unrestricted free agent this offseason.
But because of that decision, Monroe will be difficult to trade. He can veto any deal thanks to a little-known rule that prevents his new team from going over the salary cap to keep him as a free agent. The stipulation applies to any player on a one-year contract and is expected to cool Monroe's market.

FORUM - Page 31 Jz-use_normalJeff Zillgitt

Teams calling Pistons about Greg Monroe get same answer: Monroe, who must approve trade, uninterested & wants to keep Bird rights, I'm told.
It's possible that Monroe, who's averaging 15 points and nine rebounds in 30 minutes per game for the 5-19 Pistons, believes that playing for a new team would provide him with the opportunity to show the league that he's worthy of a maximum contract. But that's mostly for naught if the team acquiring him can't pay him that.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty DX, this guy was waiting for Josh's FT's to improve & turns to go down

Post  Oracle Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:43 pm

FORUM - Page 31 Waited-too-long-illustration-dead-skeleton-sitting-chair-can-represent-ironically-person-who-died-waiting-34589094
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty One for me and one for you.

Post  deusXango Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:41 pm

WISEFAN wrote:
Brandon Jennings, should be move as well but I don't think we can because that's crappy he's been.  Not that I think Dinwiddie would be any better I just don't see where it would hurt to play him and find out how good he can become.  I'm not all gunho on Dinwiddie and I won't get into calling him better than Jennings because we have no proof and I'm not going to bang that potential drum that often gets banged on around here with every player we draft. I still have doubts about whether KCP can cut it and if he's a wasted pick, so I'm not about to pump Dinwiddie.   But he deserves to show rather he can cut it in the NBA.
Jennings has shown poor ass chemistry with Drummond (particularly with the lob passes; seems he's trying to look cool and effectiveness be damned!) and like Don has said repeatedly, he only passes the ball to Josh; J-Smoove is a more effective ball distributor than Jennings and damn near averages as many assists from the PF spot as Jennings does as our starting PG. Gimme some Dinwiddie for sure!

Josh Smith,  Not much Josh bashing the last 2 games, are you all sick or just tired of lying on him  lol
"You ain't seen nuthin' yet." Josh is on the road to quieting the opinionated, loud mouthed, haters who says he don't know how to play the game; wait until his free throw average goes up and his turnovers go down.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty Who was that masked man?

Post  deusXango Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:03 pm

WISEFAN wrote:
Fallon  • 2 hours ago  

The Suns need a big man in the worst way! They actually have almost everything else, and Monroe would make them a real contender for a decent playoff seed in the west.

Somebody wake Bowers up, he's been hitting Dumars donut stash way too much. Speaking of pot bellied folks, it may be time for a fan intervention to get SVG into weight watchers anonymous ASAP, before he pops something on the sideline!

I think Oracle has a twin.
"Fallon" is a fantasy. lol
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty D'widdie

Post  lemonpen Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:10 pm

WISEFAN wrote:

Jennings has shown zip, zilch, nada improvement. Hate to say it but I'm almost ready to toss in the towel on him. His last opportunity may be rooted in Stans recognition that we can effectively push the ball. If BJ can't find his stride with uptempo chances, bring on the Kid.

Dang sorry azz free throw shooter. What did he spend the summer doing anyway.
Just trying to maintain some consistency.

lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty Moose

Post  lemonpen Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:59 pm

Maybe I'm missing something but why are you guys so sure Falk will allow Moose to accept being traded and forego the possibility of a 5th contract year.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty Leo's

Post  lemonpen Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:52 pm

cool breeze wrote:
Oracle wrote:Squirt into first!!!

How in the world can a team have all of those weapons on offense and be that bad???

Ok, it's a rhetorical question, it's Stafford, and he reminds me of Scott Mitchell, who would show you just enough leg to keep you interested, but never delivered!

No Lion fan could relax until the last play. Detroit needed to get one first down to seal the win but it was clear that the brain trust was not going to allow one pass. Only about one minute could be run off the clock in 4 downs. It seemed that the strategy was flawed but who can argue after they won the game. But the Vikings quarterback over threw with a wide open receiver that should have cost Detroit the game. Horrible play calling in the first half and it was remarkable that the Lions never tried a pass in the end zone during their last drive. They were content to go ahead by 2 points gambling on the field goal. It appears that the coach has little faith in the passing game in situations like that. Stafford took some hard hits in that game. The offensive line got their asses kicked in the first half. Lucky Lion win for sure.

JMO but I think the strategy was (1) make Minny exhaust their timeouts and (2) milk as much time off of the clock as possible. If we had thrown an incomplete pass on 3rd down there would have been no 40 second runoff before punting.
Would the Vikes have kicked a game winning FG had they had 40 more seconds.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty Wise

Post  Oracle Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:40 pm

WISEFAN wrote:I won't kill Stafford on the offensive out put in yesterday game because play calling sucked to high heavens yesterday.  Overall I have no complaints this season with them sitting at 10-4 right now it's been a joy though painful at times.  This team could be rivaling the Patriots with a 12-2 record right now if kicking game wasn't so crappy to start the season.  I still think they can win out the rest of the season with road wins in Chicago and Green Bay and finish 12-4 and that my fellow Lions fans is a huge accomplishment considering where this team been.   I enjoy this also because they've done this with the first African American Head Coach in his first season.  GO LIONS! - I'm not confident that they will win any more games this season! Chicago, maybe, but at Green Bay? They hardly have enough offense to do that!

Other Stuff:

Carmelo Anthony, I just been hearing little tidbits about some whining and if it's true he really needs to STFU!  He had opportunity to be in Chicago, Houston and LA but he chose to stay in New York because money matter more.  Don't moan you took Super Star Max Dollars now live up to it and carry this crappy team without complaining.  - He'll whine no matter what!

Greg Monroe, Yes time to be in serious talks about trading him now, In fact the mysterious trade should already be the works.  SVG don't risk holding on in hopes that a better deal could be made over the summer while he's no longer under contract. The Pistons have nothing to gain this season in keeping him the team all but killed a shot of making the playoffs in having the second worse record in the entire NBA so early.  Start thinking of draft picks or a young players with high potential and move him in exchange.  Don't over think this thing like you did this summer move him now. - Yes that was me commenting on Monroe, and hell yeah, it's time to move his ass!

Brandon Jennings, should be move as well but I don't think we can because that's crappy he's been.  Not that I think Dinwiddie would be any better I just don't see where it would hurt to play him and find out how good he can become.  I'm not all gunho on Dinwiddie and I won't get into calling him better than Jennings because we have no proof and I'm not going to bang that potential drum that often gets banged on around here with every player we draft. I still have doubts about whether KCP can cut it and if he's a wasted pick, so I'm not about to pump Dinwiddie.   But he deserves to show rather he can cut it in the NBA.  - Of course Dinwiddie is better than Jennings, that isn't something you should question, Jennings is a net negative!

Sony, Is all fu@k up with its leak of emails and other information.  I think it's an inside job and not an hack and if a hack it's a former employee that is doing this.  I want rule it out as an outside job since it seem like every year the name Sony is attached to some kind of breaching.  Technology isn't all its cracked up to be. - Who cares, and it's not the technology, this is just like coaching that you keep missing the point about. Security isn't a program or technology, it's a controlled PROCESS managed by people! If people and procedures(set up by a "coach") fail, you have no security!

Kobe Bryant,  You're not MJ but you're damn close and I still hope you get title number 6 but it won't happen in a Lakers uniform,  but what could more fitting to your career if you went to the Bulls and got ring number 6.  Think about it Kobe and think about it Bulls. - Kobe still has a lot left in the tank talent wise, I just hope his body holds up!

Josh Smith,  Not much Josh bashing the last 2 games, are you all sick or just tired of lying on him  lol - Again, Josh is doing nothing different, nobody is, but something different happened... can you guess what changed? Josh is being used in a much more effective way... can I say it, can we pinpoint the source, dare I name it... COACHING!!!

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty Offensive Lions & Other Stuff

Post  WTF Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:37 am

I won't kill Stafford on the offensive out put in yesterday game because play calling sucked to high heavens yesterday. Overall I have no complaints this season with them sitting at 10-4 right now it's been a joy though painful at times. This team could be rivaling the Patriots with a 12-2 record right now if kicking game wasn't so crappy to start the season. I still think they can win out the rest of the season with road wins in Chicago and Green Bay and finish 12-4 and that my fellow Lions fans is a huge accomplishment considering where this team been. I enjoy this also because they've done this with the first African American Head Coach in his first season. GO LIONS!

Other Stuff:

Carmelo Anthony, I just been hearing little tidbits about some whining and if it's true he really needs to STFU! He had opportunity to be in Chicago, Houston and LA but he chose to stay in New York because money matter more. Don't moan you took Super Star Max Dollars now live up to it and carry this crappy team without complaining.

Greg Monroe, Yes time to be in serious talks about trading him now, In fact the mysterious trade should already be the works. SVG don't risk holding on in hopes that a better deal could be made over the summer while he's no longer under contract. The Pistons have nothing to gain this season in keeping him the team all but killed a shot of making the playoffs in having the second worse record in the entire NBA so early. Start thinking of draft picks or a young players with high potential and move him in exchange. Don't over think this thing like you did this summer move him now.

Brandon Jennings, should be move as well but I don't think we can because that's crappy he's been. Not that I think Dinwiddie would be any better I just don't see where it would hurt to play him and find out how good he can become. I'm not all gunho on Dinwiddie and I won't get into calling him better than Jennings because we have no proof and I'm not going to bang that potential drum that often gets banged on around here with every player we draft. I still have doubts about whether KCP can cut it and if he's a wasted pick, so I'm not about to pump Dinwiddie. But he deserves to show rather he can cut it in the NBA.

Sony, Is all fu@k up with its leak of emails and other information. I think it's an inside job and not an hack and if a hack it's a former employee that is doing this. I want rule it out as an outside job since it seem like every year the name Sony is attached to some kind of breaching. Technology isn't all its cracked up to be.

Kobe Bryant, You're not MJ but you're damn close and I still hope you get title number 6 but it won't happen in a Lakers uniform, but what could more fitting to your career if you went to the Bulls and got ring number 6. Think about it Kobe and think about it Bulls.

Josh Smith, Not much Josh bashing the last 2 games, are you all sick or just tired of lying on him lol

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty LOL!

Post  WTF Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:47 am

Fallon • 2 hours ago

The Suns need a big man in the worst way! They actually have almost everything else, and Monroe would make them a real contender for a decent playoff seed in the west.

Somebody wake Bowers up, he's been hitting Dumars donut stash way too much. Speaking of pot bellied folks, it may be time for a fan intervention to get SVG into weight watchers anonymous ASAP, before he pops something on the sideline!

I think Oracle has a twin.

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty OMG, when will the gayness end? And WHAT are they going to do with that ball???

Post  Oracle Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:43 am

FORUM - Page 31 460472194_1

Hehehehehehehe
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty The 49'ers have been eliminated, so Come home Jim Harbaugh

Post  Oracle Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:55 am

FORUM - Page 31 B42zGvmCEAAiWKA
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  cool breeze Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:10 pm

Oracle wrote:Squirt into first!!!

How in the world can a team have all of those weapons on offense and be that bad???

Ok, it's a rhetorical question, it's Stafford, and he reminds me of Scott Mitchell, who would show you just enough leg to keep you interested, but never delivered!

No Lion fan could relax until the last play. Detroit needed to get one first down to seal the win but it was clear that the brain trust was not going to allow one pass. Only about one minute could be run off the clock in 4 downs. It seemed that the strategy was flawed but who can argue after they won the game. But the Vikings quarterback over threw with a wide open receiver that should have cost Detroit the game. Horrible play calling in the first half and it was remarkable that the Lions never tried a pass in the end zone during their last drive. They were content to go ahead by 2 points gambling on the field goal. It appears that the coach has little faith in the passing game in situations like that. Stafford took some hard hits in that game. The offensive line got their asses kicked in the first half. Lucky Lion win for sure.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty Isn't Gay love so beautiful???

Post  Oracle Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:59 pm

FORUM - Page 31 16567040-mmmain
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty Lions Offense caught jerking off...

Post  Oracle Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:58 pm

Squirt into first!!!

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty Pushing the basketball with Josh Smith leading the way is much better than our point guards doing it

Post  cool breeze Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:15 pm

The play of DJ Augustin just amazes me as to how bad this player is and the coach is still playing him in crunch time. Brandon Jennings is horrible but not as bad as Augustin who just won't stop dribbling the ball around and forcing shots. If you do it once and screw the team OK but if you keep doing it over and over, how in hell can a coach justify playing that player? Stan Van Gundy is only playing Augustin because he signed Augustin. So ego takes hold at the expense of the rest of the players and fans. Where is the owner now. He didn't like Knight, so does Gores enjoy watching Jennings and Augustin? Gores is now AWOL keeping his promise to Stan Van Gundy that he won't say anything. But he needs to say something because Augustin almost lost that game last night. He lost the first half lead but learned nothing and the coaching staff must have said, go out there DJ and do the same stupid stuff you did in the first half. All NBA teams now scout their opponents. They all know that Augustin is a one man show or a player who will dominate the ball and be determined to get his shot. He can easily be suckered into penetrating too far and will still try to get his shot off even if there are 3 players pinching him. Van Gundy watches from the bench. Does he have bad vision?

I will say good job Pistons with the exception of Jennings and Augustin. Why not place both of them on the bench and let KCP bring the ball up court if the coach is determined to keep Dinwiddie on the bench. Stan Van Gundy is the worst Piston coach I can ever remember.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next