Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+10
merc
Oracle
lemonpen
Go Stones!
FlyDog
Sissy1946
Murph
deusXango
WTF
Fennis Dembo
14 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 19 Empty Jennings

Post  lemonpen Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:48 pm

BJ sounds more and more like a leader when he reflects on the absence of moments like these throughout his 6 yr career. I hope that is the sound of Stan getting through.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 19 Empty Moose

Post  lemonpen Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:36 pm

Oracle wrote:
Wise wrote:Okay now this one was impressive winning on the road in SA. This one should definitely be a confidence boost but sooner or later talent is going to have to take over and I'm still not sold
I'm not sure what you mean about the talent, because that's about all they're playing on at this point.

This was an important win for a lot of reasons. It reminded me of young lions trying to take down prey, but lacking the ability to make the kill shot! The Spurs were giving the game away and they just couldn't seem to close them out, and then... sh!t happened! You need to get lucky and win in this fashion, a combination of luck and skill, because they had to close it out, the Spurs couldn't make that last shot for them, lol!

1. Drummond is discovering what it takes to be the beast we know he can be, and his play in the 3rd quarter was a thing of beauty from both a talent and mental perspective.

2. SVG's coaching is best observed in games like this, coaches have little to do with blowout wins or losses, but in close games, a coach is worth his weight in gold. He went with his GUT and took Augustin out, who was by far the better guard tonight, and put in Jennings... smart move! Jennings is the more instinctual player, and thus more likely to hit a home run(as well as strike out), but it paid off big time!

3. The grit and tenacity required to overcome so many obstacles will serve this team well in the future! They had to overcome tremendous adversity to get this win, and they did it!

4. One thing I noticed is that while we don't have a traditional "Go To" player, we do have "Go To" plays! That lob to Drummond in a modified pick & roll is almost impossible to stop if executed correctly. In most cases, it should either result in a Drummond slam, ot an easy shot for the guard. If both fail, the guard should be able to kick it out to an open 3 point shooter.

Wise, let me take a quick stab at talent, and where SVG needs to improve this team! IMO, we have a lot of really good backup players and some solid starters.

Drummond is a starter, as well as Monroe! Sadly they both need to start in the same position, but SVG is using them well, so this is not an issue, and if this keeps up, Monroe's chance of signing here is going to be slightly better than 50%.

We have two backup SF's: With one a situational backup(Butler), and the other a full time backup(Singler). SVG needs to get us a real SF, and this doesn't mean trading Singler! A team should develop solid backup players as well as stars!

We are starting a backup SG in KCP! I struggle with this one because his defense is so good and will only get better. In addition, the combination of KCP & Meeks is working fairly well with KCP setting the tone, while Meeks provides the change of pace. I may be wrong, but KCP just "Feels" like a backup SG to me!

We have two backup point guards! Well, really one backup PG in Augustin, and a microwave type player in Jennings! That's really the way SVG used him tonight! Not microwave in the sense of him coming out gunning, but in the sense of him just making something happen!

The thing that's covering up the lack of true starters at so many positions is the sheer beauty of SVG's offensive and defensive schemes! If you watch the 2nd half of this game, it's really apparent that the Pistons cranked up the defense and caused the Spurs a lot of problems.

Winning 6 games in a row is cause for belief, IMO! Jennings commented that he's NEVER been on a team that won 6 straight, it's tough to do! However, when we meet Dallas, it will be a battle of the 6 game win streaks as the two hottest teams in the NBA square off!!!

Stay tuned!!!

This streak of success can't be good for Moose and his agent. It draws national attention to differences between Monroe, a skillful but glorified role player and Andre, a budding impactful max contract player. Monroe's inability to dominate the flow of a game even for short stretches becomes more evident with each win, limiting the ceiling of his next deal.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 19 Empty 33w's out of Next 48 Games Equal 44 Win Prediction

Post  WTF Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:36 pm

Maybe I'm crazy or delusional but is it still possible? The win against the Spurs made me blink but I'm still not sure I'm sold even though 7 wins are impressive 13 straight loses are equally un-impressive. I guess I'm torn.

Oracle, I don't care how successful things are going with this team I don't think I want to see Moose on this team beyond next season. IMO he is still very much inconsistent, not worth a max deal and still lazy as hell. The part that I don't like about releasing Josh is the ass cuddling SVG will have to embrace this summer with Pee Wee Boy. I think we could still be having the success this team has had the last 6 games without Moose. It's just my opinion but I think both Moose and Singler been the most least effective or impactful players in this stretch.

But is 44 wins still possible? I was kinda embracing a lottery pick this summer more than a 1st round thumping prior to this win streak.

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 19 Empty Oh Sh!t!!!!

Post  Sebastian Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:26 am

Oracle wrote:
Wise wrote:Okay now this one was impressive winning on the road in SA. This one should definitely be a confidence boost but sooner or later talent is going to have to take over and I'm still not sold
I'm not sure what you mean about the talent, because that's about all they're playing on at this point.

This was an important win for a lot of reasons. It reminded me of young lions trying to take down prey, but lacking the ability to make the kill shot! The Spurs were giving the game away and they just couldn't seem to close them out, and then... sh!t happened! You need to get lucky and win in this fashion, a combination of luck and skill, because they had to close it out, the Spurs couldn't make that last shot for them, lol!

1. Drummond is discovering what it takes to be the beast we know he can be, and his play in the 3rd quarter was a thing of beauty from both a talent and mental perspective.

2. SVG's coaching is best observed in games like this, coaches have little to do with blowout wins or losses, but in close games, a coach is worth his weight in gold. He went with his GUT and took Augustin out, who was by far the better guard tonight, and put in Jennings... smart move! Jennings is the more instinctual player, and thus more likely to hit a home run(as well as strike out), but it paid off big time!

3. The grit and tenacity required to overcome so many obstacles will serve this team well in the future! They had to overcome tremendous adversity to get this win, and they did it!

4. One thing I noticed is that while we don't have a traditional "Go To" player, we do have "Go To" plays! That lob to Drummond in a modified pick & roll is almost impossible to stop if executed correctly. In most cases, it should either result in a Drummond slam, ot an easy shot for the guard. If both fail, the guard should be able to kick it out to an open 3 point shooter.

Wise, let me take a quick stab at talent, and where SVG needs to improve this team! IMO, we have a lot of really good backup players and some solid starters.

Drummond is a starter, as well as Monroe! Sadly they both need to start in the same position, but SVG is using them well, so this is not an issue, and if this keeps up, Monroe's chance of signing here is going to be slightly better than 50%.

We have two backup SF's: With one a situational backup(Butler), and the other a full time backup(Singler). SVG needs to get us a real SF, and this doesn't mean trading Singler! A team should develop solid backup players as well as stars!

We are starting a backup SG in KCP! I struggle with this one because his defense is so good and will only get better. In addition, the combination of KCP & Meeks is working fairly well with KCP setting the tone, while Meeks provides the change of pace. I may be wrong, but KCP just "Feels" like a backup SG to me!

We have two backup point guards! Well, really one backup PG in Augustin, and a microwave type player in Jennings! That's really the way SVG used him tonight! Not microwave in the sense of him coming out gunning, but in the sense of him just making something happen!

The thing that's covering up the lack of true starters at so many positions is the sheer beauty of SVG's offensive and defensive schemes! If you watch the 2nd half of this game, it's really apparent that the Pistons cranked up the defense and caused the Spurs a lot of problems.

Winning 6 games in a row is cause for belief, IMO! Jennings commented that he's NEVER been on a team that won 6 straight, it's tough to do! However, when we meet Dallas, it will be a battle of the 6 game win streaks as the two hottest teams in the NBA square off!!!

Stay tuned!!!

OUR Pistons are legit!!!. Oracle I am convinced that KCP is a starting SG in this League. He is becoming a two-way player and driving more to the basket, which by the way he usually finishes on his drives. Keep F@ckin' Jodie Meeks in the back-up SG role where he is properly cast.

I agree, if WE are able to get a legit SF while keeping Moose, then I say make the phone call to the Golden State Warriors. Swap Singler and OUR 2015 1st Rounder for Harrison Barnes. Stop tripping off of losing a pick. This team is young enough and Harrison Barnes would make a great addition to OUR starting line-up. Oh and Tolliver and Jerebko are just as good in the back-up role as would be Singler.

But, yeah, GM Stan made a move that he had to make and it has worked out like a champ.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 19 Empty Wow again

Post  Sparma Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:43 am

I can't believe they pulled this one out. This time it was the Spurs with the unreliable FT shooting and the devastating turnover. Those parts of the game may have been a bit flukish, but the Pistons have done themselves in many times with misfires of the sort and the results have felt quite real.

The Spurs tore the D apart in the first quarter, but even then I was impressed that Monroe schooled Duncan (!) when he got the ball by the basket.

Drummond's a force.

DJ's a superb back up PG.

And give the man his due: quite an impressive drive for the winning basket by BJ.

SVG needs to get plenty of credit too.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 19 Empty Great Win on a lot of fronts!

Post  Oracle Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:01 am

Stay tuned!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 19 Empty Good Win

Post  WTF Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:42 am

Okay now this one was impressive winning on the road in SA. This one should definitely be a confidence boost but sooner or later talent is going to have to take over and I'm still not sold.

But damn is Andre looking better and I'm liking the Meeks pickup, but but but...... Again I'm not sure if Jennings is showing a true turn around in his game, or how much of it is the fear factor from the Josh release or it simply being a lucky streak and he'll be back to being an egotistical street-baller more sooner than later.

From a learning stand point I love the winning but I would rather see them doing this without Monroe as much as many wanted to see it without the services of Josh. I say this because whatever success the team is having Moose won't be here next season.

Admittedly it's hard to get excited after being push to the point of wanting to see the tea tank prior to the Josh release. I still want a top lottery pick this summer.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 19 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  merc Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:32 am

SVG "Form a F'in Wall" is gaining traction
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 19 Empty WOW

Post  lemonpen Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:24 am

Just WOW!!!!!

The bar is rising, rapidly.

Again, I'm giddy.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 19 Empty OMFG!!!

Post  Oracle Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:07 am

We win on the LAST shot of the game by Jennings!!!!

WOW, what a game!!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  lemonpen Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:26 pm

Oracle wrote:The Pistons are playing like they're the champs!!!!

Love the way Drummond is becoming a man, showing the emotion and leadership on the court!!!

Really great game so far!!!

Up by 5 going into the 4th!!!
I'm loving this.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 19 Empty Are you guys watching this game?????????????????

Post  Oracle Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:21 pm

The Pistons are playing like they're the champs!!!!

Love the way Drummond is becoming a man, showing the emotion and leadership on the court!!!

Really great game so far!!!

Up by 5 going into the 4th!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 19 Empty Stuff

Post  Oracle Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:18 pm

Don wrote:If our Pistons play like they have in the last two blow out games against the next 5 opponents we will be seeing a 5 game losing streak Piston fans. Can Stan Van Gundy get his players to listen? If so, the next 5 games will be very exciting. If the team can win even 2 out of 5, Piston fans will start buying tickets again.

Very good observation! I too noticed a drop off in the last two games that I hope gets corrected, especially tonight!

Wise wrote:We still have the Monroe issue, and a required upgrading at SF, and I'm not at all sold on the status of our PG's at this point. JJ has been respectable but it took a contract year to get him motivated, and I'm not sure if the fear factor is playing a part in Jennings improvement after seeing how Josh was handle. 

I agree with everything except the JJ comment! JJ never got PT under anybody until SVG started playing him. Regular PT is the only way to get and stay in rhythm. IMO, we should be looking at 3 team trades involving Monroe. There are a few teams out there that are in dire need of a big man, including the Cavs. Now, I don't know what SVG and Monroe have agreed upon behind closed doors, but if he's not sure, he may want to move Moose!

Lemon wrote:None of the scribes have mentioned it as partial motivation but you better believe Smiffys dismissal has some arses puckering. Particularly those arses with contracts about to run out. FORUM - Page 19 Icon_eek FORUM - Page 19 Icon_eek FORUM - Page 19 Icon_eek FORUM - Page 19 Icon_eek FORUM - Page 19 Icon_eek FORUM - Page 19 Icon_eek FORUM - Page 19 Icon_eek
I totally agree, and an additional factor is that of the players left, NONE has as high a profile or league standing as Josh, so SVG is the biggest star/personality on this team now, which makes it easier to command!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 19 Empty This Piston team played outstanding in the first 3 games of this winning streak but the last two show signs that they have lost that magic. Will Detroit now lose the next 5 games?

Post  cool breeze Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:15 pm

In the very first game after Smith was released, there was fantastic ball sharing and real lock down defensive effort evident on the court. The point guards, Jennings and Augustin, were pass first point guards who really gave an outstanding effort on defense. My opinion was that after Smith was released the remaining Piston players actually listened to Stan Van Gundy's staff on and off the court. The players listened and executed what the coaches requested. I noticed that nobody was able to get into the painted area without being met with at least on big man. Pick and roll defense improved with Monroe not making the same old blunders of switching to quickly off his man and giving space for the Piston guard to get through the high screen so no switch would need to be made. That was a big deal and transformed the defense into something special. Augustin especially was not looking for his shot so much and he was not taking that chemistry killing shot early in the shot clock before even making one pass. To me, the key thing with the second unit is getting the first pass to Jerebco. He is an unselfish player who sees the court well and has outstanding passing skills. Somehow over the last two games, Piston point guards have become shooters again. Jennings had a brilliant game shooting wise in the last win and he should shoot it if he is hot and has open opportunities. However, Ausgustin was not hot and after 6 good games as a pass first point guard has become a shoot first point guard over the last two. And he shoots and misses without making one pass early in the shot clock more than one time in a game. If you do that one time and miss, that should be it because his teammates hate running back on defense after just setting up in their spots on offense. Usually that miss will mean two or three points for the opposition. Detroit got away with sloppy big man defense in the last game. Monroe was especially bad and looked lazy most of the night and got his ass kicked on offense in the first quarter. It was Anthony and Tolliver who showed that hard work does pay off. Without them and Jennings hot shooting, I believe the Pistons would have lost that game.

If our Pistons play like they have in the last two blow out games against the next 5 opponents we will be seeing a 5 game losing streak Piston fans. Can Stan Van Gundy get his players to listen? If so, the next 5 games will be very exciting. If the team can win even 2 out of 5, Piston fans will start buying tickets again.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:54 pm

lemonpen wrote:
Sebastian wrote:In an article currently available at sbnation (http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2015/1/6/7499957/dion-waiters-trade-cavaliers-thunder-reaction-analysis), Tom Ziller explains aspects of the recent Cavs, Knicks, OKC trade. He lists 5 things that should be learned from this trade.

Number 3: No contract is untradeable.

This is what has become my only beef with the waiving of Josh Smith, GM Stan should had been able to get something in return and not the responsibility of having to pay a $5.4 million contract through 2020 for a guy to play somewhere else and probably towards the end of the agreement, not to play anywhere at all.  

Seb,  I'm convinced that GM Stan is taking one for the team.  I think he has issued a teamwide gag order about any behind the scenes issues and refuses to sully Josh's rep in any way.  Common sense says things had become intolerable in some way shape or form for Stan & Gores to eat that money instead of wait out the trade deadline.  Maybe one day it will all come out.

Does anyone recall some of my posts way before Josh Smith was signed by Joe Dumars? Be careful what you wish for was my theme. I have a buddy and former roommate in college who was close to the basketball operations for the Hawks during Smith's last year in Atlanta. I was just passing on information that bothered me at the time and was scolded by posters who thought Smith would be the 2nd Coming. After my buddy discussed Smith issues, I started watching him on PASS and noticed that he was seldom a key player in crunch time for the Hawks. Isn't that a good sign that perhaps Smith would not be a player who could transform a young team with questionable talent full of fundamentally unsound players? Joe Dumars Team of thinkers in the front office were once again fooled. If I could notice flaws in Smith's game as a person who just tuned in to watch a game as a spectator, what does that tell you about the staff of Joe Dumars? Lazy work ethic and cocky impulsive decision making was the norm for Joe Dumars term as a GM and President. It wasn't just the incredible blunders involving free agent signings or insane draft selections but Joe's habit of hurting Piston teams out of loyalty for former teammates and friends. Lindsey Hunter signing after the Championship instead of signing the guard who played a key role especially as a defensive stopper to help the team get to the Finals still pisses me off. Then of course was the Michael Curry Thing that riled every Piston fan with one poster creating the story that Curry was actually Dumars son and Dumars was actually a woman and needed to breast feed his offspring for one more year. What if Michael Curry had not injured his ankle with the Pistons down 3 games to 1 against Orlando which brought out Prince who had been doomed to the bench so Joe's favorite could play small forward? Who knows perhaps Dumars might have given away Prince over the next summer like he did for Affalo and others so Curry could play even one more year?

Finally I have to comment on the firing of Flip Saunders which is a joke still today. Saunders had taken the Pistons into the playoffs with an amazing record which was best in the league. Is Saunders responsible for a key player or players getting injured at the wrong time? Of course not. But Dumars wanted to get rid of the cocky personable Mr. BigShot Billups. He didn't like the nickname. And Dumars loved Iverson and wanted to get him for years. How could he do it? There is no way that Flip Saunders would not make a huge stink because he knew that Billups was the clue true leader of that great team. All though those years of greatness in making the Final 4 so many times did Dumars ever think that he needed to secure a really good combo guard to solve that key weakness? NO Dumars thought all he would have to do is fire Saunders and hire his buddy Michael Curry as head coach. This would take care of any issues in the locker room as Curry according to Joe was a mastermind at creating good karma. Iverson who was known as a guy who could destroy team chemistry would in Joe's eyes become a glue type player like he thought Josh Smith would be to a floundering Piston team a year ago. What in hell has Dumars been smoking with his staff over the years? Were they all zoned out on acid? How could an entire staff be this stupid and I have only mentioned a fraction of the crazy decisions that were made during Dumars tour of duty as an executive.

When fans become critical of Stan Van Gundy's decision to remove Josh Smith and pay for it over the next 5 seasons, please remember what happened before he was hired and then we can all be thankful that we have SVG making decisions.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 19 Empty GM Stan

Post  lemonpen Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:18 pm

Sebastian wrote:In an article currently available at sbnation (http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2015/1/6/7499957/dion-waiters-trade-cavaliers-thunder-reaction-analysis), Tom Ziller explains aspects of the recent Cavs, Knicks, OKC trade. He lists 5 things that should be learned from this trade.

This is what has become my only beef with the waiving of Josh Smith, GM Stan should had been able to get something in return and not the responsibility of having to pay a $5.4 million contract through 2020 for a guy to play somewhere else and probably towards the end of the agreement, not to play anywhere at all.  

Seb,  I'm convinced that GM Stan is taking one for the team.  I think he has issued a teamwide gag order about any behind the scenes issues and refuses to sully Josh's rep in any way.  Common sense says things had become intolerable in some way shape or form for Stan & Gores to eat that money instead of wait out the trade deadline.  Maybe one day it will all come out.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 19 Empty good point

Post  lemonpen Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:09 pm

WISEFAN wrote:I hope other than just releasing Josh that SVG has another move or two in works.  I don't want him resting on a questionable 5 games win streak as newly found reasoning to stand pat.  

We still have the Monroe issue,  and a required upgrading at SF, and I'm not at all sold on the status of our PG's at this point.  JJ has been respectable but it took a contract year to get him motivated, and I'm not sure if the fear factor is playing a part in Jennings improvement after seeing how Josh was handle.  

As I said beyond Andre and Meeks everything else should still be on the blocks for trading.  

None of the scribes have mentioned it as partial motivation but you better believe Smiffys dismissal has some arses puckering. Particularly those arses with contracts about to run out. Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 19 Empty 5 important lessons from the Dion Waiters trade

Post  Sebastian Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:30 am

In an article currently available at sbnation (http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2015/1/6/7499957/dion-waiters-trade-cavaliers-thunder-reaction-analysis), Tom Ziller explains aspects of the recent Cavs, Knicks, OKC trade. He lists 5 things that should be learned from this trade.

Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 19 Empty NFL Office Say's..........

Post  WTF Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:38 am

Refs blew called big-time and flag should have been picked up that there was at least three defensive infraction on that play that should have been called and that the holding was more blatant then the pass interference. The league need to investigate Jerry Jones and the entire officiating crew for that game because **** got real shady after half-time.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 19 Empty Waiters to OKC???

Post  WTF Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:35 am

Oracle wrote:Rumored trade, but no info yet!

I'm a bit surprised, but not shocked. I knew Waiters was on the block, but OKC?

SVG should be of similar thinking as Jackson and that's tanking and clearing cap room for the summer. The Knicks want a lottery pick this summer and tons of cap space to put talent around Carmelo next season. SVG should be thinking the same thing in trying to get the players he wants around Andre.

I'm confused by the Waiters to OKC the Cavs pick up seem to make some sense
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 19 Empty Thinking Trade

Post  WTF Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:27 am

I hope other than just releasing Josh that SVG has another move or two in works. I don't want him resting on a questionable 5 games win streak as newly found reasoning to stand pat.

We still have the Monroe issue, and a required upgrading at SF, and I'm not at all sold on the status of our PG's at this point. JJ has been respectable but it took a contract year to get him motivated, and I'm not sure if the fear factor is playing a part in Jennings improvement after seeing how Josh was handle.

As I said beyond Andre and Meeks everything else should still be on the blocks for trading.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 19 Empty Waiters to OKC???

Post  Oracle Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:45 pm

Rumored trade, but no info yet!

I'm a bit surprised, but not shocked. I knew Waiters was on the block, but OKC?
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 19 Empty Suspended disbelief

Post  WTF Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:01 pm

deusXango wrote:Lions vs. Cowboys: When a backfield defender is hit in the back of the head with a pass, because he's busy driving the receiver into the turf, and it's not pass interference, it's Dallas! The Lions were on their way to what would've been the winning score; I can't believe it.

Pistons vs. the NBA: All of a sudden the Pistons are serving notice to the league that they're coming; they're doing the same ridiculous thing that Atlanta is doing, playing team ball....Ooops, they're the kings in the east. I can't believe it.

Lions off season is coming up...there's been talk that Megatron is getting old and being paid too much so we should trade him....there's been season long debates about the worth of Suh and if he's worth bringing back, but our highly paid, superstar QB is safe for another year of learning; six years deep into his career, as a starter, and he's still learning. I can't believe it. What will the Lions look like next year without Johnson and Suh?

The more I watch the Pistons play, the more I want SVG to draft Frank Kaminsky this spring. He'd be a cure to all our frontcourt ills and nothing like Josh Smith; we'd have a legit Big 3 to rotate in Drummond, Moose (if he decides to stay), and an upcoming player the caliber of Kaminsky. I'm going to reserve final judgement of Jennings until seasons end, but our elite, starting SF should be traded for. KCP and Meeks are blowing my hair back with their exceptional play. I'm turning into a Pistons believer.

My gut say's both will be back next season, That's if Suh wants to stay but I see both Stafford and Megatron willing to rework their contracts to make sighing Suh possible. Quiet as it's kept Fairly might be better is he can stay healthy.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 19 Empty Very Special

Post  WTF Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:56 pm

lemonpen wrote:
Oracle wrote:I don't care who you're playing, this is a real accomplishment!

It's hard to win 5 straight in the NBA, let alone all by double digits while defending at a high level!

They're finding their way, and I know that they don't even believe they're this good yet, it takes winning over a longer period of time for it to truly become a part of you, like breathing!

But you have to start somewhere, and this streak is as good as it gets... very IMPRESSIVE!!!

According to a report I heard on the radio this morning, the last time we won 5 NARO by double digits was during the 2006 season.  That was done by some bad dudes.

Lets not start making comparison or even mentioning them in the same breathe as 2006, 2007, 2008 hell not even 2009 for that matter. Yeah 5 is impressive but lets keep it in its proper perspective they might run off 5 L's before the next 2 weeks are done.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 19 Empty How bad was that call? Real Bad

Post  WTF Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:52 pm

Oracle wrote:Inside Slant: Referee Pete Morelli had four potential penalties on key play

Hell, even the Cowboys owner was surprised!

"I've never seen one get that far into the next play and ready to go again and have it reversed, but I think that's a good thing," Jones said

Yeah, he liked the call, but he knows it was total BS!!!

Say what you want about all the coulda woulda shoulda's regarding what the Lions did or didn't do but that play was a momentum killer and it changed the outcome of the game.

Yeah I'm proud of the team one that should have been 13-3, but if they're going to lose let them lose on their own it was far too many favorable calls in that game that it does reek of being fixed.

Don. agree that Mega had a couple of drops that superstars are suppose to come up with and he had 2 that I recall being critical drops. My prediction is that they come back with a vengeance next season because Caldwell will have them playing with a vengeance.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next