Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+9
Sissy1946
Go Stones!
merc
Sebastian
deusXango
Murph
Sparma
Phil-Good
Fennis Dembo
13 posters

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty If I may borrow Phillip's favorite phrase...

Post  Oracle Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:42 pm

Drummond is playing like TOTAL TRASH!!! Wow, he's TERRIBLE on both ends of the floor! But it's defensively that blows my mind!

1. His footwork is slow and without purpose!
2. He looks totally lost as people go around him easily, and I'm talking about Marc Gasol... and he's moving in slow motion!!!!

If Drummond is the future, he's doing a good job of hiding it!

The problem(s) tonight were many, but before I start, we aren't even in this game without the great play by Singler(21pts, 4boards, 2steals)!

However, the theme was matchups, and we lost too many matchups tonight. Some for obvious reasons, some perplexing.

1. Josh Smith was the focus of mismatches. They wanted to run through ZBo because they knew Josh had no chance in hell of stopping him. Whenever Josh was on ZBo, he just torched his ass! It was like a man toying with a child... totally unacceptable for someone with 10 years of experience who's supposedly a PF!

2. Monroe against Gasol was another, but Monroe held his own as much as could be expected, but this is a matchup you know you will lose because it's a man going against a kid!

3. Drummond against anybody! Drummond is defenseless and I can't explain why! For a man with all of those tools, he uses none of them on the court and it's getting scary! I hope it isn't true, but it's beginning to look, at least early, that Drummond was successful in an unstructured system that let him do anything he wanted to do, but in a structured system he's lost and ineffective! Anyway, no matter who he guarded, he lost!

4. Jennings vs Conley was a total loss for us! Jennings FALLS back to earth, but made his numbers a bit more respectable once the game was pretty much out of reach!

5. KCP is Drummond Jr., and any talk about him doing something special is going up in the same smoke as Drummond talking about leading this team!

Bottom line: We were expected to lose this one, we're not even projected to be in their class, and with Singler's efforts, at least we looked respectable for most of the game.

In addition, this was the tail end of a back to back on the road, and you can bet that the Grizzlies were looking to run us out of the gym and make sure that any physical or mental weaknesses went fully exploited.

All will be forgiven is we get a strong effort and win against teams we're equal to or should beat, but major concerns about Drummond & KCP!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Drummonds is playing like TRASH over the first 9 games

Post  Phil-Good Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:03 pm

thumbs down thumbs down thumbs down thumbs down A.Drummonds......... thumbs down thumbs down thumbs down thumbs down thumbs down

Drummonds you playing like S.H.I.T. These days. Get your S.H.I.T. together FAST!!!
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Good Question!

Post  Oracle Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:19 pm

deusXango wrote:If Robert Covington was good enough to be the Drives first pick and the first pick in the entire D-League draft, why couldn't SVG and Bowers sign him and let Datome of Mitchell go? If season long DNP-CD players are better than the best in the D-League, why have a team there? Waste not, want not.

DX, I wondered the same thing!!!

Ok, I know the Drive needs players, but you would think that would be a consideration, but then again, he isn't playing Dinwiddie, so why would he bring anyone else on to not play Shocked

BTW, I get what you were saying about CV, I was not on the same page originally.

Jennings:
FORUM - Page 11 Klanglois_100_normal Keith Langlois @Keith_Langlois
Follow
For PER fans, @BrandonJennings currently ranks 6th in the NBA at 25.27, wedged between James Harden & Steph Curry. LeBron is 9th.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Another question

Post  deusXango Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:16 pm

If Robert Covington was good enough to be the Drives first pick and the first pick in the entire D-League draft, why couldn't SVG and Bowers sign him and let Datome of Mitchell go? If season long DNP-CD players are better than the best in the D-League, why have a team there? Waste not, want not.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Oracle

Post  deusXango Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:11 pm

Oracle wrote:
3. DX says this isn't the same team from last year, but most people have short memories! Last year they came out of the box looking just like a real contender, even while losing close games. In fact, last year they scared the crap out of tonight's opponent and everybody thought it was just a matter of time before they caught fire... it didn't happen. The point is that it's way too early to throw people under the bus! Complain, yes, but calling guys that haven't played yet, CV clones, is a bit dramatic, IMO.
I was making reference to the phantom ankle injury CV suffered in a dream and how much of the season he took off (I'll never get over that one!) and now Martin has a disabling ankle injury, that the doctors can't define, and like you said Oracle, he "haven't played yet."

The same goes here! There's a fine line between not liking to watch a team and loving to watch a team! And that line is called WINNING!

When they start to win, you're going to love watching this team!
Amen!
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Why is the big 3 working better?

Post  Oracle Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:48 pm

Ok, before I start, let's be clear!

The big 3 is NOT the best lineup for us, we really need a real SF, not Josh Smith posing as an SF, even though he's been doing pretty good so far!

But since we don't have a starting quality SF, Josh is a real viable option, and it's working for the most part.

The difference I see are very small changes in the way SVG spaces his bigs. That helps, but the bigger help comes from 2 other things.

1. They get out of each others way more through better movement which allows Monroe to attack or Josh to slash and Drummond to provide some cleanup activity. It doesn't produce great spacing, but it does offset some of the worst problems from last year.

2. Slightly better shooting on the perimeter. KCP is shooting better even though he's a bit streaky right now, but Jennings is absolutely shooting better, or I should say, taking better shots that result in higher percentage shooting.

Jennings is the BIGGEST factor right now, because teams will have to game plan on him and the attention he gest helps our bigs space the floor and attack. If KCP can start hitting consistently, the bigs will have a field day down low,

One note to SVG: You've got these big men, so physically abuse the opposing team! Put those big bodies on these guys and wear them down so that in the 4th, they have no legs!

Complement for SVG: I like his comment, he said "We have to be a great defensive team, we just have to be", and that's freaking music to my ears!!!

Do that and watch the offense eventually come around, but the good news is that you will remain a good defensive team, and that's worth gold!

I hope what I saw last night is real: What I saw was a team that is close to "Getting It". We'll see, as DX said, it's not about losing to an 8-1 team, it's how you lose!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Now THIS is good news!!!

Post  Oracle Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:34 pm

"Stan and I got a chance to sit down this morning and we all know the offense hasn't really come around for me at this start of the season yet, and it's really been frustrating for me," Drummond said. "So Stan and me really just talked and we just decided to go out and get on the rebounds, because I'm one of the best rebounders in the league. So I decided to really just focus on the defensive end today and let the offense come to me." - Andre Drummond offensive experiment abandoned as Detroit Pistons center plays freely in victory
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Time for some reality checks!

Post  Oracle Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:24 pm

While you can't cash these checks at the bank, they're still of some use.

1. There goes the media, pronouncing Jennings as CURED of his past AAU & Hero Ball tendencies, influenced by SVG in this short time, and NEW savior of the world! I love the way Jennings played last night, but it's just a couple of games, let's see how it goes, but it's a good start.

2. Phillip called it an "OK" win, and Murph down played it as against the depleted Thunder. Both are partially right, but the point is the progress shown both individually and collectively as a team. It WAS a so so game in regulation, but IMO, got exciting in OT when the defense went to another level and Jennings took over. If anything it shows how DUMB SVG was to never play Jennings in the 4th! Players like Jennings tend to come up bigger when the game is on the line, more than scrubs!

3. DX says this isn't the same team from last year, but most people have short memories! Last year they came out of the box looking just like a real contender, even while losing close games. In fact, last year they scared the crap out of tonight's opponent and everybody thought it was just a matter of time before they caught fire... it didn't happen. The point is that it's way too early to throw people under the bus! Complain, yes, but calling guys that haven't played yet, CV clones, is a bit dramatic, IMO.

4. Last night's game wasn't very exciting... until the OT, but in general I disagree about not liking this team. Bill Murray said,
FORUM - Page 11 9080e76653a80e43ae2058432bc76806_normal Bill Murray  @BiIIMurray
Follow
There’s a fine line between flirty and creepy. And that line is called being good looking.

The same goes here! There's a fine line between not liking to watch a team and loving to watch a team! And that line is called WINNING!

When they start to win, you're going to love watching this team!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Pistons vs. Grizzlies

Post  deusXango Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:13 pm

Can't wait! This is a true test of our mettle, win or loose; if we loose, it's how we'll loose that'll tell the story if we're improving and there's reason to hope or not.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Sebastian's GM, Stan Van Gundy

Post  deusXango Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:58 am

Sebastian, I've come to the point where I appreciate your views on SVG the GM; he leaves a lot to be desired! Coming out the gate he should/could have done better in rebuilding this team and fans talking about his style of team play (one big surrounded by four shooters) is yesterdays news and it never won a championship!

This is not the same team that won 29 games for the last two years running, but he's playing as many of the players he can muster from those dark days. Why? Well let's look at the new players he brought on board; a heart attack (Gray) and a broke back (Meeks). A Charlie V. wannabe (Martin) and a senior citizen on his way to the old folks home (Butler). SVG is applauded for his stroke of genius for replacing a gnome (Bynum) with another gnome (Augustin), and oh yeah, the one legged rookie he tapped in the second round, with all the potential in the world, but he refuses to play (Dinwiddie). Out of this infusion of talent we've got two, TWO contributors in the rotation, coming off the bench; a senior citizen and a gnome ain't getting it for me, not for the money and the opportunities that were there. This wasn't a pimp move Sebastian.

I know some fans will say "wait until Meeks gets back," but Martin has been cleared to play and says he ain't ready to play; what's the most damaging, a bad foot or a broke back? Tomorrow is not guaranteed, it's no more than a promissory note! We're waiting for Singler to get his sh!t together and he's already in the rotation; we're not a team of action, but a team of wait and see.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty How exciting was the game, really?

Post  deusXango Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:34 am

Murph wrote:I just can't get too excited about an OT win against a Thunder team playing without Durant and Westbrook, two of the best players in the NBA.  Oh well, if the Pistons are going to try to put together a respectable season, they have to start somewhere...it might as well be against the depleted Thunder.

I do have one observation from a purely personal perspective.  I really don't like to watch this current version of the Pistons.  This version of the Pistons seems like an odd collection of FA castoffs that's been thrown together haphazardly, with no thought toward how well they might play together.  
A win is a win, but I've got to agree with Murph on his last statement....it's golden.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Moose

Post  Murph Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:49 am

And why are we wasting our time playing Monroe? He doesn't want to be here, and he's guaranteed to walk out the door 10 minutes after the season ends. I mean the dude just took a massive financial risk (signing the QO)...just so he doesn't have to play here anymore. Any minutes that Monroe plays are counter-productive for the future of the Pistons.

Dump the guy for a 1st round pick, already.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty You Have To Start Somewhere, I Guess

Post  Murph Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:34 am

I just can't get too excited about an OT win against a Thunder team playing without Durant and Westbrook, two of the best players in the NBA. Oh well, if the Pistons are going to try to put together a respectable season, they have to start somewhere...it might as well be against the depleted Thunder.

I do have one observation from a purely personal perspective. I really don't like to watch this current version of the Pistons. This version of the Pistons seems like an odd collection of FA castoffs that's been thrown together haphazardly, with no thought toward how well they might play together.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Pistons 96, OKC 89

Post  Sebastian Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:57 am

A complete game ... finally.

SVG wanted this victory. He coached it all the way through to the end. B. Jennings pick the right moment to take over starting in the third quarter and played a very engaged full court game. KCP's shot may had been off, but he took good shots and played great defense at times against Lamb and Morrow. Josh tried to sabotage the game, during the sequence of poor plays when he got the "T" and threw a couple of poor passes, but hit some big shots, played good defense and rebounding well. Moose went to work at various moments during the game and rebounded very well. Damn it seem like he had more than 14 points and 9 rebounds. Dre Drummond rebounded extremely well and got a couple of blocks and nice finishes around the basket. Jonas Jerebko was quietly huge when playing with the second unit, during the 2nd quarter and moments during the second half. Singler was even good, as a ninth-man.

Everybody appeared to be engaged for the first time.

A great game by all!

DETROIT BASKETBALL!!!!
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty OK Game.

Post  Phil-Good Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:05 am

This team is in great need of somebody who wants to step up and be the man and close out games. Could Jennings become that guy? I don't know but tonight he was that guy.

No more plays being call for Andre Drummonds. GOOD!!! The kid is not ready and I hope he has learn something. To be the man, you have to put in the work on the court. Running your mouth off the court don't prove S.H.I.T...

Have to give credit to Van Gundy people. Yes the Pistons are only 3 and 6 but they have had A opportunity to win every single game they have played in. This team quit in every game last season and now we see some fight, some balls in these Pistons.
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Jennings woke up!

Post  Oracle Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:34 pm

Great defense in OT, with Jennings playing some of the BEST defense I've ever seen him play!

Speaking of Jennings...

FORUM - Page 11 FevwPhcI_normalVincent Goodwill  @vgoodwill
Follow
More impressive, he's put Reggie Jackson on punishment defensively

FORUM - Page 11 Klanglois_100_normalKeith Langlois  @Keith_Langlois
Follow
Second straight big night from @BrandonJennings - 29 points, 5 boards, 5 assists, 2 steals (and good D in general). Pistons win 96-89 in OT

Josh was great tonight as well as Monroe & Drummond(15 boards).

JJ with some BIG 3's, and while Singler is still struggling, he did have some good defensive plays!

How good was the D? They only give up 89 points in an overtime game... SWEET!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Houston, we have a guard problem...

Post  Oracle Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:20 pm

We're going to OT, but this Thunder team has no business being that close!

I've always hated SVG 3 point focus, because on many occasions, when they need to keep an opponent down, all they need is another 2, but they take a 3 and spark a fast break for the other team.

Our guards make bad decisions when we need a score, it's like nobody's running the team!

Ok, OT is starting!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Augustin & Bynum

Post  Sparma Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:54 pm

I'd hoped that there'd be a spot for Bynum even after Augustin was signed. Maybe they could have co-existed, although that would have made for a tiny set of PGs. For some reason, SVG never seemed enamored by Bynum. He probably got a decent return in the end.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Full Article: Three Things We Learned About The Detroit Pistons

Post  Oracle Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:36 pm

Three Things We Learned About The Detroit Pistons

After a two game winning streak it looked like the Detroit Pistons were starting to find a rhythm. During that winning streak Kentavious Caldwell-Pope averaged 19.5 points, Greg Monroe was dominant, and it looked like everyone was settling into their roles. Then the Pistons flipped the script and went on a three game losing streak making all of us think twice about where this team stands.
This week’s edition applies to the following games:  Bucks, Jazz, Bulls, and Wizards

Stan Van Gundy’s Coaching Hasn’t Lived Up To Expectations
I’m sure there’s Pistons fans out there that were hoping that SVG would take the Pistons to the championship in his first year. We can safely put those hopes to rest. For the rest of us out there that were hoping for an improved Andre Drummond, better team basketball, and savvy personnel rotations we are also left disappointment.

The good news is that we aren’t even 10 games into the season and SVG is brand new to the team so a rocky start isn’t something to be worried about.

On the other hand contrary, it’s concerning to me that despite Brandon Jenning’s obvious improved play of late that SVG continues to keep him on the bench for most of the forth quarter. I also don’t understand why he doesn’t run more plays for Kentavious Caldwell-Pope when he’s having a good shooting night. When KCP is on the Pistons have a nice inside-outside combination and getting him more comfortable in the offense should be focal point.

To be fair, it’s hard to criticize coaches. We don’t know the conversations he’s having with his players and staff, but I think we all were expecting a little bit more.

Andre Drummond Might Not Take The Next Step This Year
Andre Drummond is going to be the Pistons’ best player, average 20 and 10, and make his first all-star appearance.
Well it sounded nice anyways.

From what we’ve seen from Drummond so far it looks like the only steps he’s taking are backwards. He’s almost always in foul trouble, he doesn’t have any confidence, and at times he’s even acted like he didn’t want to be on the floor.

The silver lining once more is that it’s early in the season and he still has plenty of time to make the leap we thought he would.

The Pistons Have Improved On Defense Under SVG
While we might have been expecting a little more from SVG  we have to give credit where credit is do. Last season the Pistons ranked 29th in the NBA allowing 104.7 ppg. This season they’ve made tremendous improvement on that end of the court allowing just 98 ppg.

If they can keep pace, a big if of course, they should be fairly competitive in the East this season.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Augustin

Post  Oracle Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:30 pm

There's nothing wrong with Augustin, the problem is the team!!!

He's being forced to do more because we have no offensive movement, so he has to dribble to create openness for his teammates or simply look for his own shot!

Even though this isn't optimal, he's really done a great job with his minutes.

This shouldn't be a Bynum vs Augustin issue, IMO, we should still have Bynum on the team, ESPECIALLY if SVG plans on giving Dinwiddie a string of DNPCD's!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty DX

Post  Sparma Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:14 pm

Good list. I do miss part of Bynum's game as I watch Augustin. He was one of the best in the league at dribble-penetration (this alongside his many shortcomings). Augustin doesn't scoot by defenders the way Bynum could. Bynum also had that nice connection with Drummond. I've seen flashes of that from Augustin, but nothing on par with Bynum.
On the whole though, I'm happy to have Augustin as back up PG, rather than Bynum.

deusXango wrote:Who's Drummond's big man coach now that 'Sheed has been let go?

Why didn't SVG sign Greivis Vasquez if he values big PG's who can shoot and run an offense?

Why doesn't he play Datome or Mitchell, now that Martin and Meeks are out and Singler and Butler are under-performing?

Why is he shortening his rotation and we haven't played 10 games yet? Does he think we're heading down the home stretch?

Will SVG and Bower make a trade before or by the trade deadline, or will they stand pat?

What does SVG think when he sees his starting frontline playing, but not engaged?

Even though Monroe is playing better than he has since being a Piston, don't you get the feeling he's playing his way out of Detroit and not for Detroit?

Am I the only one who the more I watch Augustin play, the more I miss Bynum?

How does Singler feel knowing that Butler has been outplaying him?

When Martin returns and starts outplaying Butler, do y'all realize we'll have a scrub starting at SF?

KCP is a second year SG who's limited in what he can do offensively, but what's going to happen when the no defense playing Meeks return?

Will I be burned in effigy for suggesting starting: Monroe, Smith, Datome, KCP, and Dinwiddie for 5 games to see how they jell?

What about if I said the bench should be: Drummond, Jerebko, Singler, Martin, and Jennings?

I know I'm not smarter than SVG, but how many of you are in total agreement with his decisions so far?
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Questions I have

Post  deusXango Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:07 pm

Who's Drummond's big man coach now that 'Sheed has been let go?

Why didn't SVG sign Greivis Vasquez if he values big PG's who can shoot and run an offense?

Why doesn't he play Datome or Mitchell, now that Martin and Meeks are out and Singler and Butler are under-performing?

Why is he shortening his rotation and we haven't played 10 games yet? Does he think we're heading down the home stretch?

Will SVG and Bower make a trade before or by the trade deadline, or will they stand pat?

What does SVG think when he sees his starting frontline playing, but not engaged?

Even though Monroe is playing better than he has since being a Piston, don't you get the feeling he's playing his way out of Detroit and not for Detroit?

Am I the only one who the more I watch Augustin play, the more I miss Bynum?

How does Singler feel knowing that Butler has been outplaying him?

When Martin returns and starts outplaying Butler, do y'all realize we'll have a scrub starting at SF?

KCP is a second year SG who's limited in what he can do offensively, but what's going to happen when the no defense playing Meeks return?

Will I be burned in effigy for suggesting starting: Monroe, Smith, Datome, KCP, and Dinwiddie for 5 games to see how they jell?

What about if I said the bench should be: Drummond, Jerebko, Singler, Martin, and Jennings?

I know I'm not smarter than SVG, but how many of you are in total agreement with his decisions so far?
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Piston players are currently playing really hard but still losing. Will the team start tanking like they did last season around Christmas time?

Post  cool breeze Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:00 pm

The core is still in place relating to the Big Three Drummond, Monroe and Smith. Also, we have starting point guard Brandon Jennings aboard. Those 4 players started to take possessions off on both ends of the floor around the time in December when players are bone tired and only want to go home and open Christmas presents. It was clear as a bell just watching those players go through the motions that they had decided to tank. This lasted for the rest of the season until finally Smith and Jennings were benched in the last month. Believe me they were not injured. Now our Big 3 and the point guard are playing hard but still missing free throws, bungling assignments on defense, and standing around on offense during crunch time. The best example of that was on one possession during the last game against Washington when Singler was doubled at the high post with around 7 seconds left in the shot clock. Kyle had used his dribble and was doubled with his back to the basket. The opposite low post area was unoccupied by any players from either team. Singler looked back and noticed no Piston had run to that spot to receive a bounce pass. Kyle was ready to make that pass but all of our players were standing out around the 3 point line watching Singler struggle. Kyle looked back the 2nd time and still no Piston recognized the situation and ran to that open spot for an easy layup. This is what we fans are dealing with when watching the Detroit Pistons. I had high school players that I coached who would recognize that situation and would be going all out to get open when their teammate was being doubled. If one player is doubled, then some area of the floor will be open. Larry Bird was an expert at finding those spots. He was not quick or athletic. But Larry had a extremely high basketball IQ like our hero I. Thomas. We have players who have the minds of an ant when it comes to being able to think on the basketball court. This entire group that makes up the Big 3 are morons when it comes to recognizing situations. Take your pick either with offense or defense and you can see how stupid they are as basketball players. Other NBA players are smarter than our players who are bigger and stronger then they are. And those kind of players who are making big money are the first players who usually give up under adversity. Monroe is playing for a new contract in another city this season so he might try really hard to keep it together. In fact i have read opinions from sports writers and fans saying that Greg Monroe is our best big man. Monroe is a horrible defender and defensive rebounder especially at the end of games. I don't see him as a good player at all. Smith already has shown that his mind is not active during an entire game. So look for him to turn off the brain for about half the game after the holidays. And Drummond is lost most of the time on both ends of the floor now and is worried that someone might foul him which will force him to be exposed again at the foul line.

With all of that said, Detroit might win this game against the Thunder. The Bucks won in an away game against this same team this week. If our Pistons win, Detroit News sports writers might say this team has it all figured out. I hope that I am wrong about the tanking idea starting around the last week of December and lasting until the last week of March but this team has the same look they did last season.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  cool breeze Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:32 pm

deusXango wrote:
cool breeze wrote:
deusXango wrote:
Oracle wrote:
FORUM - Page 11 Klanglois_100_normal Keith Langlois  @Keith_Langlois
Follow
Both Gigi Datome and Cartier Martin returned from injury to #Pistons practice today in OKC
Martin is sure to be included in the rotation, but I can't do back/over flips for Datome who's going right back to DNP-CD status....SVG won't give him a chance. I'd rather SVG not play Datome if he's going to give him 8 minutes one game and let him sit for 4-5 before he gets another 8 minutes. We'll never see what he can do and ignorant fans will be talking about "he was a bad practice player, or those Euros can't play in the NBA," dumb sh!t brought to you by, taa daah, SVG!

dX Where does Spencer Dinwiddie fit in? Is it best to let him sit on the bench or should he take 8 minutes from either Jennings or Augustin depending how they play from game to game? If Dinwiddie is fully recovered from the ACL injury it is more than stupid not to play him at all. We need a big point guard at times for defensive purposes. Maybe SVG is going to send him down to the D-League. But in his one appearance he looked like he fit right in especially on defense.
Don, how about taking 8 minutes from each of them? I've heard the suggestions about the D-League and personally think they're ridiculous! God forbid, but if Dinwiddie suffers further damage to his knee, I'd rather it happen learning the NBA game on an NBA floor, not some out of the way gym playing with some guys that'll never make it to the NBA.

This is one of the things that's making me raise a brow about SVG; I can understand him not playing Datome, because he's a Joe acquisition, but damn, he drafted Dinwiddie, why's he not playing him and he's ready to go?! Another head scratcher I've got is why hasn't he benched Drummond yet? He benched Jennings earlier for less and had less options available to him. All I'm going to say now is, "strange dude."

Yes dX Van Gundy is not proving himself to be a wise leader of basketball players. His biggest mistake was not carefully reviewing game film from last season as to why Detroit was such a dysfunctional team. We would have been much better off if Stan had signed Siva if he wanted a small player. Siva made the team look better in the last two weeks of the season when both Jennings and Bynum were sitting on the bench. Siva played effective defense and got his teammates involved in the offense. Why didn't Stan notice the difference? Now SVG doesn't want to admit that Augustin is turning out to be another Will Bynum type of player. If the shots are falling great but can the point guard shoot shoot the ball without making one pass and have the confidence of their teammates? Do other players like playing with point guards that give up easy baskets because of their inept defense and shoot the ball on almost every possession? I believe that signing Augustin was a mistake. Is there any real competition for Brandon Jennings? No Brandon has no worries because he is playing better defense than Augustin and has really improved his ability to run an offense. Jennings is still a horrible defender so there is no way Detroit will ever win consistently as long as this team plays Jennings and Augustin in the same games. Remember all the talk about improving team chemistry this season? This team has one strike against that idea already when Josh Smith is on the floor. Then to add another point guard who is small but insistent on finding a way to shoot the ball instead of setting up a teammate shows me that SVG is living on his past reputation and not doing the smart thing. I believe that Augustin is so tired from trying to play 1 against 5 on offense that he has no energy left for defense. So what in hell was Stan thinking during the Chicago game when Augustin played defense against Rose? It appears to me that we are seeing another repeat of hiring coaches who are past their prime. SVG is shaking at times during the time outs. He looks to be in worse health than Larry Brown was in his last season with the Pistons. In my opinion, Detroit's only chance to keep fans interested in the team would be to get Spencer Dinwiddie in the rotation as a point guard. Remember the one game Dinwiddie got in, Stan The Man played him at off guard. WHY? This move had to be made because he wants to insure that Spencer is no competition for the two point guards we now see and especially because Stan is the man who signed Augustin.

Detroit might win a lot more games this season but they will still be on the wrong path. Nothing has changed relating to how this team is playing the game vs last years team. We have a new President and Coach but the team still looks the same. And it is insane to say that a player like Martin or Meeks would change anything about the look of the team. Our big weakness is still at point guard (bad defense and inept passing) and lazy and stupid play by our 3 big men. And of course we have the same players from last season who cannot shoot free throws at a high school level yet.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Fennis releases another masterpiece ...

Post  Sebastian Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:36 am

Fennis Dembo wrote:Stan Van Gundy Math Whiz
How he figured playing ten players was too complicated.

240 minutes /10 players =24 minutes per player
240 minutes/9 players = 26.666666666666 minutes per player

e=mc  squared =V
Maximum Salary+Minimum Basketball IQ/24 seconds/98.6/Feet in a mile/ speed of light  = Z
#Meeks broken bones + Fourth quarter  leads blown = Q
Six fouls/shooting%+(years in college)#dunks per quarter=X
Decibels of Masons yelling/Paid attendance-$ wasted on CV and Gordon=A
Drummond's height in cubic millimeters/Team foul shooting%+#Tom Gores Lackeys =Y
Light years to Pluto + Joe Dumars lifetime donut consumption + Team frequent flyer miles= W

A +Q + X +Y +Z / W= 9 players  

See it makes sense when you do the math, right?

and it all makes sense to me. clap clap clap
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next