Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+9
Sissy1946
Go Stones!
merc
Sebastian
deusXango
Murph
Sparma
Phil-Good
Fennis Dembo
13 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty Where are Kwame Brown and Walter Sharpe when you need them?

Post  Fennis Dembo Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:45 pm

Walter Dukes was a major disappointment back in the day.    I'm surprised William Bedford,  Reggie Harding, Bison Dele, and Fennis Dembo  didn't make these goofy lists.   lol

Fennis Dembo

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty Don on Monroe

Post  Oracle Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:53 pm

Don, it's hard to say about Monroe.

Superstars like Kobe, LeBron and others can put out maximum effort even on losing teams. Lesser players get down and can't deal as well when losing.

It's hard to figure out if Monroe was sick of the losing, sick of the many coaches, sick of the mutinous players, and just plain sick of the mismanagement of the whole damn thing!

Monroe's been through a hell of a lot in a short time here. It's not an excuse, but it may have had an effect on him, and now all he has is himself to think about.

Obviously he could have been a bit more graceful about the way he handles himself, and at his salary, I'm sure he could afford a 16 pack of Depends lol, as a matter of fact, I hope fans carry signs with Depends on them lol lol lol

FORUM - Page 40 612Ir662geL._SL1000_
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  cool breeze Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:24 pm

deusXango wrote:FORUM - Page 40 Hqdefault

The time for Monroe to piss his pants is when and if SVG announces him as a starter this year.

The big 3 should average 45 points between them this year, providing Monroe contributes from the bench as backup center and PF.
Our SG's should average 30+ points, providing Jennings doesn't hog the ball and Bynum doesn't see the floor at all...we get sound PG play!
Jennings and Augustin should be able to get the team 25 points a night and 20 points is a reasonable number to expect from Singler, Butler, Datome, and Martin; I'm looking for an unexpected, high-powered, intelligent and efficient offense this year.

I believe that right now Monroe might be a better first half player at the center position than Drummond. Drummond has a lot to learn but by January with the kind of coaching that will be available to him, Drummond should be the clear starter at center. The question will be for this season if Monroe after one season at power forward, can become a better player at that position. Maybe he won't want to. If so he will be forced to move on. But Monroe is going to be highly motivated this season. What I don't really like about him is the fact that he hasn't been a guy who was willing to play all out when he wasn't in his contract year. I imagine that more than one GM is concerned that Monroe will take a year or two off after he signs the next contract.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:18 pm

Murph wrote:
deusXango wrote:WTF has Greg Monroe done to deserve being listed as one of the top 5 PF's in team history? 4-years in the NBA and only 1 of those years as a PF (Joe Dumars and Mo Cheeks were responsible for that 1-year and paid for it with their jobs!) on a miserable team and he's to be looked at as one of the top 5 PF's in the history of the franchise?! SH!T, I can't believe some people are so deluded.

DX...good point.  Monroe is and always will be a center, not a PF, which is why he's leaving.

And in fact, Monroe deserves to be on the list of top 5 centers in team history, after Lanier, Wallace, Laimbeer and Drummond.  

I can't believe Rant Sports put Walter Dukes on their list of all time great Piston centers.  If Walter Dukes played today, he'd be Aaron Grey...maybe not as good.

Big Walter will haunt you from the grave Murph. Dukes was a smart hi IQ man on and off the court during his playing days. I know that he was working on his law degree while he was playing for Detroit. It is extremely difficult to compare more current players and players in Duke's era. My Father was friends with George Yardley and in fact he taught me a few things about shooting when I was a little kid. How would Yardley compare to current back court players? Yardley could make crazy shots on the run from beyond the 3 point line before the 3 point line existed consistently. But could he be as effective playing with current studs? Different times and different rules need to be considered. There were only a few teams in the league and they beat the hell out of each other for very little money. You risked your life driving into the lane. I love those old players and know one thing for sure. Walter Dukes was a good man and am happy some people think highly about him.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty Monroe Is A Center...Always Has Been, Always Will Be

Post  Murph Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:59 am

deusXango wrote:WTF has Greg Monroe done to deserve being listed as one of the top 5 PF's in team history? 4-years in the NBA and only 1 of those years as a PF (Joe Dumars and Mo Cheeks were responsible for that 1-year and paid for it with their jobs!) on a miserable team and he's to be looked at as one of the top 5 PF's in the history of the franchise?! SH!T, I can't believe some people are so deluded.

DX...good point.  Monroe is and always will be a center, not a PF, which is why he's leaving.

And in fact, Monroe deserves to be on the list of top 5 centers in team history, after Lanier, Wallace, Laimbeer and Drummond.  

I can't believe Rant Sports put Walter Dukes on their list of all time great Piston centers.  If Walter Dukes played today, he'd be Aaron Grey...maybe not as good.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty Going into training camp

Post  deusXango Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:01 am

FORUM - Page 40 Hqdefault

The time for Monroe to piss his pants is when and if SVG announces him as a starter this year.

The big 3 should average 45 points between them this year, providing Monroe contributes from the bench as backup center and PF.
Our SG's should average 30+ points, providing Jennings doesn't hog the ball and Bynum doesn't see the floor at all...we get sound PG play!
Jennings and Augustin should be able to get the team 25 points a night and 20 points is a reasonable number to expect from Singler, Butler, Datome, and Martin; I'm looking for an unexpected, high-powered, intelligent and efficient offense this year.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty Seriously, would someone explain to me what I'm missing.

Post  deusXango Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:40 am

WTF has Greg Monroe done to deserve being listed as one of the top 5 PF's in team history? 4-years in the NBA and only 1 of those years as a PF (Joe Dumars and Mo Cheeks were responsible for that 1-year and paid for it with their jobs!) on a miserable team and he's to be looked at as one of the top 5 PF's in the history of the franchise?! SH!T, I can't believe some people are so deluded.

Is the way being paved for Monroe to start at PF this year and bringing Smith off the bench? If SVG is dead set on starting Monroe and bringing one of the big 3 off the bench, it makes more sense to start him at center and bring Drummond off the bench....that sh!t ain't happening so the media is taking Smith's job as a starting level PF by continuously referring to him as a PF.....here we go again.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty Greg Monroe won't let peeing his pants stain him!

Post  Oracle Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:03 pm

Well, close enough: Greg Monroe won't let 'mistake' of DUI define him, looks forward to season with Detroit Pistons

But he won't quit lying, he says...

Monroe wrote:The question is how much longer Detroit will be Monroe's home. After playing out this season, at a salary of $5.2 million, he can become an unrestricted free agent. Next season will be his fifth with the Pistons.

Could Monroe see himself re-signing in Detroit?

"Definitely," he said. "I definitely can."

Monroe averaged 15.2 points, 9.3 rebounds and 2.1 assists in the 2013-14 season, while playing all 82 games. He's excited about the new additions to the franchise, especially Van Gundy.

"He's a great coach and he's a guy that's proven in this league," Monroe said of Van Gundy. "His track record needs no introduction. Everything that I've been expecting he's been (that) and more.

Right, tell me another one Monroe!!!

FORUM - Page 40 Hqdefault
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty The Second Coming of Darko?

Post  Fennis Dembo Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:12 pm

Mike Valenti on Detroit sports talk radio sarcastically said , "Hasheem  should be honored for staying in the league for five years without any discernible basketball skills."
I guess being really tall is not considered a discernible basketball skill.   It reminds me of a certain former first round draft choice the Pistons had from Europe who recently took up kick boxing.

Fennis Dembo

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty LOL, F@uk it I quit!

Post  Oracle Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:18 pm

She's actually kind of cute!

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty Where will the points come from?

Post  Oracle Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:48 pm

I took an even distribution, which of course won't be the case, but we know that we need to score somewhere near 100 points(estimated) to win games unless we defend really well.

Some positions will produce more points, and others less. It's likely that we get more point production from the PG position than from the SF position if Singler starts, and is backed up by Butler.

The real question is, based on who we expect in the lineups, what are realistic estimates for each position?

PositionPointsTOTAL100
Center20
PF20
SF20
SG20
PG20
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty These signings are nothing more than...

Post  Oracle Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:47 pm

Practice dummies for the real players!

Just like CV in Dallas, it will take a miracle for them to be around on opening day!

Although I do wonder how much these scrubs are paid... especially Hasheem Tha "Meat" beeter
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty Tomato ... Tomato ...

Post  Sebastian Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:22 pm

Murph wrote:
Sebastian wrote:
But, (that)) does make you wonder why Smith (OUR new 15th-man) was signed to a guaranteed contract, instead of the camp-invite contract that Thabeet has received.

He signed Smith and Cartier Martin, both 15th and 14th-men respectively, during the second week of Free Agency.

FORUM - Page 40 Svg21

Seb...it occurs to me that by Smith, you meant Arron Grey.  I agree that Grey is a stiff and should not make the 15 man roster.

On another note, my hope is that Brown will bump Bynum off the roster, once and for all, and act as our 3rd string PG, while Dinwiddie rehabs.

Brown ain't exactly chopped liver.  He ranked tied for 6th in the nation in assists his junior year at NC State, an ACC team, that went 22-14 that year.  He's an athletic 6'5, pass first PG, and those guys don't grown on trees.  Draftnet gave him a favorable scouting report the year he came out.

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/lorenzo-brown

I see Brown as a poor man's Spencer Dinwiddie.  Heck, he might even develop into a rich man's Spencer Dinwiddie.  Brown is SVG's only FA signee that I'm actually interested in.

Yo, Murph ..Thanks. I keep getting Aaron Grey confused with Jason Smith, another tall scrub who's stealing money from the League (currently the Pelicans ... Knicks).

But, Pistons Pals: The OKC Thunder may be interested in the services of Moose (and Moose would probably want to play there). What about Moose for Reggie Jackson and Perry Jones for Moose? Then move Jennings to the Lakers for the draft pick that they got from Houston in the Jeremy Lin deal.

Every time that I listen to the OKC Podcast, Down to Dunk podcast (https://detroitsportstalk.forumotion.com/post?p=19090&mode=quote), the host seem to discuss the possibilities of adding Moose to the Thunder roster.

SVG has got to alter this roster for the better, before the season tips.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty Brown

Post  Murph Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:27 pm

Sebastian wrote:
But, (that)) does make you wonder why Smith (OUR new 15th-man) was signed to a guaranteed contract, instead of the camp-invite contract that Thabeet has received.

He signed Smith and Cartier Martin, both 15th and 14th-men respectively, during the second week of Free Agency.

FORUM - Page 40 Svg21

Seb...it occurs to me that by Smith, you meant Arron Grey.  I agree that Grey is a stiff and should not make the 15 man roster.

On another note, my hope is that Brown will bump Bynum off the roster, once and for all, and act as our 3rd string PG, while Dinwiddie rehabs.

Brown ain't exactly chopped liver.  He ranked tied for 6th in the nation in assists his junior year at NC State, an ACC team, that went 22-14 that year.  He's an athletic 6'5, pass first PG, and those guys don't grown on trees.  Draftnet gave him a favorable scouting report the year he came out.

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/lorenzo-brown

I see Brown as a poor man's Spencer Dinwiddie.  Heck, he might even develop into a rich man's Spencer Dinwiddie.  Brown is SVG's only FA signee that I'm actually interested in.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty Fennis ain't no Dembo

Post  Sebastian Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:49 am

Fennis Dembo wrote:Gores: It's been 415 long days since the team's last trade.  Can't you get something going?  It would bring such unbridled excitement to the Palace.  
Van Gundy:  Nobody wants these guys except for Drummond.  We couldn't give them away with free neutered kittens and spayed puppies.

Gores: Bynum is supposedly in tip top shape.  What can we get for him?
Van Gundy:  Two air pumps,  three servings of cotton candy , and four Huggies diapers.

Gores: How about Monroe?
Van Gundy: His agent had trades rejected by twenty-nine teams.  
Gores : What team didn't reject him?
Van Gundy: That would be us. We okayed twenty-nine trades.  We begged.  We pleaded.  We cried.  We tried blackmail, but alas nothing worked.
Gores: Wow!  That's unsettling and not a huge selling point.

Van Gundy: We have six new guys.  Fans should be jumping for joy or for Meeks.
Gores: Jennings and Smith must have great value.
Van Gundy: Joe screwed the proverbial pooch by overpaying them. That ship has sailed.
Van Gundy: Let's pass them off to the rest of the league as potential Nobel Prize
wínners and cannonized saints of the Catholic church.
Gores: Metaphorically speaking our pants would ignite.   Liar, Liar ,  slacks ablaze.  Besides I
think there already is a Saint Josh and Saint Greg.  

Van Gundy: Don't flip out.  Hold your horses, big guy.  We'll be okay with the guys we have.

Gores:  Your own brother just predicted that we wouldn't make the playoffs.
Van Gundy:  That backstabbing Judas.  That rat bastard.  He's just getting back at me for all the wedgies, noogies, and swirlies I gave him when we were kids.  That's an outrage!

Gores: Let me guess.  Jeff was your mother's favorite.
Van Gundy: Yes, mom always liked him best even though he was a spoiled rotten to the core brat.
Gores:  Would a banana split make you feel better?
Van Gundy: Only if there is whip cream and a cherry on top.
Gores: The best things in life have a cherry on top.
Van Gundy: Amen, brother. Pudding is really good too, with a cherry on top.

Once again, Fennis has written a masterpiece.

SVG and Gores have got to make a trade that makes sense and they have to do it quick!
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty FORUM

Post  Sebastian Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:43 am

WISEFAN wrote:
Murph wrote:You gotta be kidding me.   facepalm

This should bring a smile to Sebastian face as he been screaming for years now how the Pistons need to get this guy here Very Happy

Yo, Wise, but that was two years ago that I suggested that a trade be made acquiring Thabeet as trade filler. But, does make you wonder why Smith (OUR new 15th-man) was signed to a guaranteed contract, instead of the camp-invite contract that Thabeet has received.

I don't believe that anybody has a clue to what GM SVG is doing, not even himself. He's overpaid for F@ckin' Kodie Meeks and Caron Butler. He signed Smith and Cartier Martin, both 15th and 14th-men respectively, during the second week of Free Agency. He may look like he won with the QO result with Moose, but this is a lost, because now Moose has to agree to a trade and his salary is so moderately agreed upon that it will be impossible to trade his salary and get back value at $5.5 million per year.

SVG is clueless as a GM and WE are 5 days away from Training Camp.

Damn you SVG!!!

FORUM - Page 40 Svg21

Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40