Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+9
Sissy1946
Go Stones!
merc
Sebastian
deusXango
Murph
Sparma
Phil-Good
Fennis Dembo
13 posters

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 7 Empty Jennings...

Post  Oracle Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:37 pm

Caron Butler was WIDE open for a 3, but Jennings passes the ball to Josh... WTF???

That's just plain DUMB, Josh is the last option that far out, but not for Jennings, he ignores the guy that's been hitting for the sure loser!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 7 Empty Troubling Trend ...

Post  Sebastian Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:38 pm

Sissy1946 wrote:
cool breeze wrote:The Josh Smith Fan Club will not like this post.

PLAYER          FIELD GOAL%       FOUL SHOOTING%    3 POINT SHOOTING PERCENTAGE

JEREBCO           527%                       100%                                  40%

SINGLER            417%                        90%                                   424%

BUTLER              416%                        87&                                    381%

SMITH               369%                         46%                                   200%

Based on the facts it is clear that both Singler and Jerebco should be starters and finishers on this team. Butler is coming in usually as the first sub off the bench. Is that because Stan Van Gundy is his buddy? And it is clear that no coach in their right mind should be playing Smith the amount of minutes he is getting at the expense of Jerebco's minutes. The only damn reason why both Singler and Jerebco are getting screwed by Stan Van Gundy is the fact that those two are team orientated guys who above all want to form good team chemistry. Those two are not going to mouth off to the coach like Smith did in the last game. Plus Smith is the highest paid player on the team. Stan has become a COWARD. He is afraid of Josh Smith and most likely several other players.

On the opposite side of the spectrum, coach Sean Miller was asked this past week if his ace All American freshman Stanley Johnson would be upset if he didn't start? Miller's reply was the players need to be worried if I am upset. I make all player decisions and they follow my lead. I thought that Stan Van Gundy stood for something but he is a politically correct pussy coach just like many others we have experienced. Grow some balls Stan.
Speaking of the above mentioned 20% 3 point artist, he was just on Sportscenter Hall of Shame for free throw Air Balls, nothing but net, yeah, the bottom of the net which didnt even make the rim.

The statistical comparisons are revealing. Damn! As this trend continues, it is going to get even uglier at One Championship Drive.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 7 Empty Joshy McNasty

Post  Sissy1946 Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:02 pm

cool breeze wrote:The Josh Smith Fan Club will not like this post.

PLAYER          FIELD GOAL%       FOUL SHOOTING%    3 POINT SHOOTING PERCENTAGE

JEREBCO           527%                       100%                                  40%

SINGLER            417%                        90%                                   424%

BUTLER              416%                        87&                                    381%

SMITH               369%                         46%                                   200%

Based on the facts it is clear that both Singler and Jerebco should be starters and finishers on this team. Butler is coming in usually as the first sub off the bench. Is that because Stan Van Gundy is his buddy? And it is clear that no coach in their right mind should be playing Smith the amount of minutes he is getting at the expense of Jerebco's minutes. The only damn reason why both Singler and Jerebco are getting screwed by Stan Van Gundy is the fact that those two are team orientated guys who above all want to form good team chemistry. Those two are not going to mouth off to the coach like Smith did in the last game. Plus Smith is the highest paid player on the team. Stan has become a COWARD. He is afraid of Josh Smith and most likely several other players.

On the opposite side of the spectrum, coach Sean Miller was asked this past week if his ace All American freshman Stanley Johnson would be upset if he didn't start? Miller's reply was the players need to be worried if I am upset. I make all player decisions and they follow my lead. I thought that Stan Van Gundy stood for something but he is a politically correct pussy coach just like many others we have experienced. Grow some balls Stan.
Speaking of the above mentioned 20% 3 point artist, he was just on Sportscenter Hall of Shame for free throw Air Balls, nothing but net, yeah, the bottom of the net which didnt even make the rim.
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 7 Empty THE DEVIL IS IN THE DETAILS - THE STATS TELL THE REAL STORY AS TO WHICH PLAYERS ARE GETTING SCREWED BY STAN VAN GUNDY

Post  cool breeze Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:29 pm

The Josh Smith Fan Club will not like this post.

PLAYER FIELD GOAL% FOUL SHOOTING% 3 POINT SHOOTING PERCENTAGE

JEREBCO 527% 100% 40%

SINGLER 417% 90% 424%

BUTLER 416% 87& 381%

SMITH 369% 46% 200%

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 7 Empty Moving Moose?

Post  Sebastian Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:57 pm

What about moving Moose to Phoenix for my and DX's boy, T.J. Warren and Alex Lin? WE get a SF for the present and the future on a rookie contract and a back-up rim protector, who himself has 3 years remaining on a rookie contract and the Suns get a true Center or PF to play with Plumlee.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 7 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  Sebastian Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:13 pm

cool breeze wrote:
Sebastian wrote:
deusXango wrote:Why is everybody so dead set on trading Josh Smith, but ignore the fact Jennings is the primary starting ball-handler and that's where the offense stalls? This sh!t of starting the Big 3, after it's been made obvious it's not a workable plan for every night, against every team, is a coaching decision and a bad one at that....I'd never insult the intelligence of my fellow posters by suggesting playing a $14 million a year player for 20 minutes or less because of that bad decision, but bringing him off the bench is an unexplored scenario. I know there's a lot of mind readers and crystal ball users out there who're going to predict the worse with Smith if SVG does bring him off the bench, but I'll say in his defense, HE'S NEVER BEEN A LOCKER ROOM PROBLEM, under any circumstances and he's not a player to signify in the media!!! He's made some bad decisions on the court that's vexed a lot of fans, but that's been the extent of his shortcomings, so don't put more on the man than he deserves! For my money, I'll take the big man over the little man any day, cause Zeke or Iverson ain't walking through the door and Jennings damn sure ain't in the same class as either of them! Trade Jennings while you can get something of value!!

If Dinwiddie, Martin, Meeks, and Datome is introduced into the rotation that's a sizable infusion of Pistons talent that we haven't seen yet....we don't know that they will be non-productive (offensively and defensively) or lack the chemistry necessary to start winning on a regular basis....if we could play .500 ball from here on out, all our expectations would be shattered! All we've been talking about is "new faces" when we talk trade, well these are new faces.

DX, the problem with attempting to trade B. Jennings is that there is probably only one team that would take him off of OUR hands and that team would be the Lakers in the form of a Jeremy Lin for B. Jennings swap. As much as B. Jennings sometimes irritates me, I would not ever swap him for the two week sensation from the strike-shorten season of two seasons ago. I think that there are more options possibly for a Josh Smith trade than a B. Jennings trade.

The best option would be to somehow trade both Smith and Jennings sooner rather than later. I think there could be a good home elsewhere for both. But I agree with Seb that I do not want to watch Lin yet Lin might be a tiny bit better defender and team orientated player. dX you didn't mention FREE THROW SHOOTING regarding Josh Smith. How many games have the Pistons lost this season and last because Josh Smith failed to figure out how to shoot a free throw? Imagine if you were offered a contract fore 14 mil per season and you wouldn't work day and night to clean up that big flaw in your game? It is insane that Josh Smith shoots so poorly at the line. Every GM in the league would be hesitant to bring in Josh Smith especially for the amount of money he would cost unless the team already had capable crunch time performers. Other teams have not tried the hack a Smith or Drummond in crunch time yet because the Pistons are easy to beat right now without having to resort to that strategy.

But you can bet if our Pistons were more competitive teams would start testing Smith and Drummond more. But dX you are so correct as to what needs to happen soon relating to Smith's playing time and his role on this team. His role needs to be reduced and he needs to come off the bench. Maybe he would like it. Perhaps Smith's role should be determined according to match ups. He really looks bad against teams like the Suns. Sometimes he can have his way against certain match ups. Who said coaching the Pistons was going to be a cake walk. As to exploring other options with players currently employed by Detroit, that is another good idea. There really is nothing to lose for Van Gundy. He is going to be working for the Pistons for several years and he did not select the players who currently are getting pounded by other NBA players.

I think the fans would welcome watching some of the bench guys struggle and go through tough times learning the NBA game as you also suggested dX. And we come out with one high draft pick. Through the draft is the only way our Pistons will ever get back on top. It was clear to me that the Suns big men were more athletic and in far better physical condition than our Big Three. Are they more talented? Charlie V thought he was very talented. But talent alone means next to nothing in the NBA. It is guts and work ethic that creates effective NBA players. Smith has a tendency to drop out mentally during games. And he doesn't play has hard as he could all of the time. Reducing his minutes might make him more effective in the end.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 7 Empty More Josh...

Post  Oracle Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:47 pm

I sincerely hope Josh proves me wrong, but right now, I'm a complete doubter!

However, I do have an open mind, and if he can get his sh!t together, I'll be a big supporter of his.

It's really up to Josh at this point, and it starts tonight(if he plays).
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 7 Empty Josh is the one that needs to go, no matter what...

Post  Oracle Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:24 pm

At this point, playing the, everybody hates Josh card, isn't something we need to do.

It's really clear that he needs to go, and even clearer that we can't expect to get any talent in return.

The Kings don't need and don't want him anymore, they're gelling into a really nice team. Josh could only screw that up for them.

At this point, we can likely only get rid of him for some expiring contracts, and I'm good with that, we just need him gone ASAP!

Josh basically gives us a big fat negative. Whatever he does good, he quickly destroys and takes away!

We can live with Jennings until his contract expires, he's at least manageable, but should lose his starting position to Dinwiddie by next season.

If Greg Monroe can go from a putrid FT shooter in one offseason, WTF is the deal with Josh?

Oh well, it's becoming sport! People watching the game tonight to see if Josh lays an egg, and how big!

One more thing:
Monroe may have some problems, but Monroe is a smart player. I'm almost 100% sure that he was demanding that Josh be gone, and if not he didn't want to be here. That may not have been the single reason, but I'm sure it was high on the list, in short, the rumors were true!

I know that Monroe saw Josh for what he was on this team, and no, I don't hate Josh, I just believe he would be better off somewhere else, this is NOT the environment for him!

Josh was better last year, he's too slow and small as a PF now, and not good enough to be a SF! He's a tweener without the talent at this point!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 7 Empty I am waiting for one moment where one Piston player makes a special incredible play that excites the crowd

Post  cool breeze Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:03 pm

It just hasn't happened for me yet. When Brandon Knight played for Detroit he was always doing something that was amazing. Remember when he jumped the water coolers to save a ball going out of bounds? I have seen some good plays especially coming from Brandon Jennings that were almost amazing. But his blunders seem to be what I remember most right now.

So far this season the most amazing single play that I have witnessed came this Thursday at Arizona's arena when Rondae Hollis-Jefferson threw down a powerful statement dunk.At a big moment with the game close, Rondae took a baseline feed from Stanley Johnson and drove down the middle for a one handed drunk over the 7 foot 6 inch Mamadou Ndiaye. By the way that big guy can play. What is so cool about Rondae Hollis-Jefferson is that although he will be a first round draft pick next year, he volunteered to come off the bench so Freshman Stanley Johnson can start. Jefferson is out of the mold of Arron Gordon being unselfish team first type player. It remains to be seen if Johnson is in that same category. He is highly rated but seems determined to get his stats over what might be best for his team.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:48 pm

Sebastian wrote:
deusXango wrote:Why is everybody so dead set on trading Josh Smith, but ignore the fact Jennings is the primary starting ball-handler and that's where the offense stalls? This sh!t of starting the Big 3, after it's been made obvious it's not a workable plan for every night, against every team, is a coaching decision and a bad one at that....I'd never insult the intelligence of my fellow posters by suggesting playing a $14 million a year player for 20 minutes or less because of that bad decision, but bringing him off the bench is an unexplored scenario. I know there's a lot of mind readers and crystal ball users out there who're going to predict the worse with Smith if SVG does bring him off the bench, but I'll say in his defense, HE'S NEVER BEEN A LOCKER ROOM PROBLEM, under any circumstances and he's not a player to signify in the media!!! He's made some bad decisions on the court that's vexed a lot of fans, but that's been the extent of his shortcomings, so don't put more on the man than he deserves! For my money, I'll take the big man over the little man any day, cause Zeke or Iverson ain't walking through the door and Jennings damn sure ain't in the same class as either of them! Trade Jennings while you can get something of value!!

If Dinwiddie, Martin, Meeks, and Datome is introduced into the rotation that's a sizable infusion of Pistons talent that we haven't seen yet....we don't know that they will be non-productive (offensively and defensively) or lack the chemistry necessary to start winning on a regular basis....if we could play .500 ball from here on out, all our expectations would be shattered! All we've been talking about is "new faces" when we talk trade, well these are new faces.

DX, the problem with attempting to trade B. Jennings is that there is probably only one team that would take him off of OUR hands and that team would be the Lakers in the form of a Jeremy Lin for B. Jennings swap. As much as B. Jennings sometimes irritates, I would not ever swap him for the two sensation from the strike-shorten season of two seasons ago. I think that there are more options possibly for a Josh Smith trade than a B. Jennings trade.

The best option would be to somehow trade both Smith and Jennings sooner rather than later. I think there could be a good home elsewhere for both. But I agree with Seb that I do not want to watch Lin yet Lin might be a tiny bit better defender and team orientated player. dX you didn't mention FREE THROW SHOOTING regarding Josh Smith. How many games have the Pistons lost this season and last because Josh Smith failed to figure out how to shoot a free throw? Imagine if you were offered a contract fore 14 mil per season and you wouldn't work day and night to clean up that big flaw in your game? It is insane that Josh Smith shoots so poorly at the line. Every GM in the league would be hesitant to bring in Josh Smith especially for the amount of money he would cost unless the team already had capable crunch time performers. Other teams have not tried the hack a Smith or Drummond in crunch time yet because the Pistons are easy to beat right now without having to resort to that strategy.

But you can bet if our Pistons were more competitive teams would start testing Smith and Drummond more. But dX you are so correct as to what needs to happen soon relating to Smith's playing time and his role on this team. His role needs to be reduced and he needs to come off the bench. Maybe he would like it. Perhaps Smith's role should be determined according to match ups. He really looks bad against teams like the Suns. Sometimes he can have his way against certain match ups. Who said coaching the Pistons was going to be a cake walk. As to exploring other options with players currently employed by Detroit, that is another good idea. There really is nothing to lose for Van Gundy. He is going to be working for the Pistons for several years and he did not select the players who currently are getting pounded by other NBA players.

I think the fans would welcome watching some of the bench guys struggle and go through tough times learning the NBA game as you also suggested dX. And we come out with one high draft pick. Through the draft is the only way our Pistons will ever get back on top. It was clear to me that the Suns big men were more athletic and in far better physical condition than our Big Three. Are they more talented? Charlie V thought he was very talented. But talent alone means next to nothing in the NBA. It is guts and work ethic that creates effective NBA players. Smith has a tendency to drop out mentally during games. And he doesn't play has hard as he could all of the time. Reducing his minutes might make him more effective in the end.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 7 Empty Trading B. Jennings ...

Post  Sebastian Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:52 am

DX, the problem with attempting to trade B. Jennings is that there is probably only one team that would take him off of OUR hands and that team would be the Lakers in the form of a Jeremy Lin for B. Jennings swap. As much as B. Jennings sometimes irritates me, I would not ever swap him for the two week sensation from the strike-shorten season of two seasons ago. I think that there are more options possibly for a Josh Smith trade than a B. Jennings trade.

Last edited by Sebastian on Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 7 Empty Great job with your ideas today relating to this Piston team Forum members

Post  cool breeze Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:42 am

I would add one identifying characteristic that needs to change which means moving current players is necessary before we will see any growth. There are too many ball dominate players on the roster. Brandon Jennings, Augustin, Josh Smith, Greg Monroe, Butler are all need to handle the rock and get their shots. They do not come off screens well or set screens for other players. I believe that Monroe is less ball dominate than the others mentioned and does enjoy making a great pass to a teammate. That is why I push for more playing time for Jerebco, Singler, KCP and Dinwiddie. It has been a mistake by the coaching staff to push for Drummond to be a go to post up player at this time in his career. He is way behind in his development. If he just could concentrate on using his energy to set screens on offense, rebound on offense, and play with the passion of Ben Wallace on defense he could make the All Star team a lot sooner. Many of his fouls also occur because he is tired. So conserve his energy by limiting his minutes and instruct him to use his energy playing hard nosed defense which means getting better at his timing to block shots. However, this team needs more young big athletic players with talent that SVG can develop in a smart way like the management and coaching staff is doing in Orlando and other NBA teams. This team as constructed as you have all pointed out has a very low ceiling. Everyone needs to be more patient including the team owner while Van Gundy begins the purge. He needs to start building a team that can be a playoff contender and winner in 3 or 4 years. If the Pistons get lucky with their draft picks it could be sooner. I am waiting to see how smart Stan Van Gundy is with his draft selections in 2015. That will tell me a lot about this man. One player, Meeks, that Van Gundy picked up is another BALL DOMINATE type player so I do not give Stan very high marks so far in his job as President and head coach.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 7 Empty Riddle of the ages

Post  deusXango Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:36 am

Why is everybody so dead set on trading Josh Smith, but ignore the fact Jennings is the primary starting ball-handler and that's where the offense stalls? This sh!t of starting the Big 3, after it's been made obvious it's not a workable plan for every night, against every team, is a coaching decision and a bad one at that....I'd never insult the intelligence of my fellow posters by suggesting playing a $14 million a year player for 20 minutes or less because of that bad decision, but bringing him off the bench is an unexplored scenario. I know there's a lot of mind readers and crystal ball users out there who're going to predict the worse with Smith if SVG does bring him off the bench, but I'll say in his defense, HE'S NEVER BEEN A LOCKER ROOM PROBLEM, under any circumstances and he's not a player to signify in the media!!! He's made some bad decisions on the court that's vexed a lot of fans, but that's been the extent of his shortcomings, so don't put more on the man than he deserves! For my money, I'll take the big man over the little man any day, cause Zeke or Iverson ain't walking through the door and Jennings damn sure ain't in the same class as either of them! Trade Jennings while you can get something of value!!

deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 7 Empty Sacramento Kings and Josh ...

Post  Sebastian Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:38 am

Phil1980boy wrote:I would have jump on the Kings offer of two expiring contracts and A productive PF who can shoot the basketball.

I would have tried to squeeze more out of the Kings as far as cash or A few second round picks but basically, we would have had A deal.

Josh Smith is A talented athlete. He has his way of thinking and there really is no changing his mind. He's A very head-strong, person. And I respect that about him. It's why he is A 28 year old, MILLION AIR!! I would like to see Josh Smith on A San Antonio Spurs team, Dallas, Chicago, Cleveland or the NY Knicks.

Smith needs to be in A winning situation with veteran players who he respects and knows who the Alpha male on the team is. Smith needs A special role carved out just for him.

Detroit is not A good place for Josh Smith at this point in his career and it's time to move on.

Forget wins and loses. For Van Gundy, his major job this season is to clean house and keep the guys he wants to move forward with. trades are needed. The progress is showing but not in wins.

Phillip, actually Jason Thompson has two years remaining after this season at $6.4 and $6.8 million, respectively. Derrick Williams has an $8.7 million dollar qualifying offer after this season.

Unlike DX, I think something has to be done with OUR roster, now. WE can't go through the entire season with what WE have witnessed during these first 12 games. Seriously, if WE loose tonight in Atlanta and Josh goes back home and plays like sh!t; then GM Stan and his boy, Bowers need to work the phones like hell over the weekend.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 7 Empty GM Sebastian

Post  deusXango Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:34 am

Sebastian, aside from an awful lot of supposition, on things swinging our way, both those trade scenarios have the Pistons on the losing end of key statistical areas; scoring, rebounding and assists are important considerations to make....field goal attempts and ill-advised shots can be controlled, and that's the biggest knock anyone can have on Smith. It's coach SVG's job to reign in this wild player and that argument of Jennings having a fixation on Josh is ridiculous m'man...."man love" on the floor? The simple fact is, from day one there was an anti-Josh Smith faction (both fan and media) damning him being a Piston and he's been under a microscope ever since.

Our defense is better than it has been in years, but it has been at the expense of neglecting our offense, so far; given time and a return to good health by key players, I expect things to change. If coach Van Gundy cuts out the bull sh!t and starts playing Datome, along with Meeks and Martin, we should experience at least a 10-15 point explosion in the teams scoring.

Mitchell has never been known as a scorer, just a tremendous athlete, that's why I don't champion him getting into the rotation; Singler has proven that you don't have to be athletically gifted to be a part of the rotation, just smart, and Mitchell has yet to demonstrate smarts.

Sebastian, you want a blockbusting trade, what about using Jennings and Jerebko as trade bait now that they are playing better than expected and Jerebko is an expiring contract? What could they bring us in terms of meeting needs of chemistry, effectiveness, and promising youth? Sure Jennings is playing good ball, but we're still losing and what will we look like once the other shoe drops? "We've all witnessed B. Jennings' predictability of almost exclusively passing only to Josh Smith. The absence of Josh Smith on the roster will force B. Jennings to look for other teammates." This alone is enough for me to realize it's time to #1 make room for Dinwiddie and #2 sell high while we can!
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 7 Empty Pistons should have pull the trigger on the Kings offer last summer.

Post  Phil-Good Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:22 am

I would have jump on the Kings offer of two expiring contracts and A productive PF who can shoot the basketball.

I would have tried to squeeze more out of the Kings as far as cash or A few second round picks but basically, we would have had A deal.

Josh Smith is A talented athlete. He has his way of thinking and there really is no changing his mind. He's A very head-strong, person. And I respect that about him. It's why he is A 28 year old, MILLION AIR!! I would like to see Josh Smith on A San Antonio Spurs team, Dallas, Chicago, Cleveland or the NY Knicks.

Smith needs to be in A winning situation with veteran players who he respects and knows who the Alpha male on the team is. Smith needs A special role carved out just for him.

Detroit is not A good place for Josh Smith at this point in his career and it's time to move on.

Forget wins and loses. For Van Gundy, his major job this season is to clean house and keep the guys he wants to move forward with. trades are needed. The progress is showing but not in wins.
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 7 Empty GM Stan, Josh, and the Kings' Offer ...

Post  Sebastian Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:42 am

Pistons Pals: Something has got to change with this roster and it has got to happen, now. I'm beginning to think that GM Stan and his boy, Bowers may need to get back in touch with the Sacramento Kings and offer them Josh for Jason Thompson and Derrick Williams, the Pistons can easily waive T. Mitch to meet the 15-man roster requirement or better yet, submit a medical retirement request to the League office for Aaron Gray's contract.

Let's face it members of the Josh Smith Fan Club, the Josh Smith as a Pistons experience is proving to be a failure and I have a strange feeling that B. Jennings will become a better PG without Smith on the roster or the floor as a teammate. We've all witnessed B. Jennings' predictability of almost exclusively passing only to Josh Smith. The absence of Josh Smith on the roster will force B. Jennings to look for other teammates.

I am currently scouting Williams and Thompson, as the Kings play the Bulls. It may still be possible for Williams. If he is given the minutes and responsibility of a starting SF, I believe that he could post some very respectable numbers. Thompson would be a steady, reliable player to relieve Dre, after he (Dre) receives his early second foul. But, WE would have to understand who Jason Thompson is; he is an around the basket PF on both, the offensive and defensive ends of the floor.

Both Williams and Thompson appear to be in perfect condition and both appear to want more action and responsibility.

Let's face it folks, Josh doesn't want to be a Pistons one day longer and this is practically the only trade that GM Stan and Bowers can make at this time. This transaction will help to bring OUR roster better balance.

http://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6524527

Or, maybe GM Stan can go back to Ainge and offer Josh and Jerebko for Jeff Green and Gerald Wallace. This trade would re-unite AAU teammates, Rondo and Josh and Jerebko and his expiring $4.5 million contract.

http://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6524549

WE would get a real, starting SF who happens to be friends with Moose and Gerald Wallace a scrappier and more experience version of Cartier Martin. Yes, I realize that WE would have to take on Wallace's contract ($10 million, expiring at the end of next season). But, WE still would be getting out of the final year of Josh's $14 million contract. And, Wallace contract would serve as a placeholder value to then go with Dre's max contract. Hopefully Dre's continues to improve and becomes worthy of a max contract.

Jeff Green will surely op-out of his final year (player option) $9.5 million, but GM Stan should be able to resign him, as the $4.5 that would come off the books if WE were to keep Jerebko and the $5.5 million team option on Caron Butler added with a couple more million and the opportunity to continue playing with his friend, Moose, would retain Jeff Green services.

Moose would probably resign, because he would be playing alongside a close friend.

If WE loss, tonight against the Hawks in Atlanta, then a trade needs to happen by Monday. WE remember how poorly Josh played, last season when Josh returned home to the ATL.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 7 Empty Don

Post  Oracle Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:43 am

Those announcers are full of crap, don't listen to them!

Listen to the players, they said that the Pistons are a GOOD team, and it showed in that game.

Believe your eyes, not announcers! Have the Suns been held to 88 points in any game this year?

To their credit they fought hard and won, but PLEASE don't take away the fact that the Pistons fought hard too!

Both teams can and will play better, the Pistons will find a groove at some point, and it's not that I'm hating on Josh, but the less he plays, IMO, the better we will be.

Also, the more Dinwiddie plays the better we will get. I'm actually pleased with Jennings so far! No, he hasn't mastered the position completely, but he's a hell of a lot better than I've seen him his whole career!

BTW, Augustin, IMO, is just like Singler, the better the team gets, the better the contribution you'll get out of them.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 7 Empty Listening to the Suns announcers last night causes concern

Post  cool breeze Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:41 pm

Tom Chambers stated after the game that the Suns performed horribly and that won't work against the West coast teams. He said you can get away with playing high school caliber against the Pistons and several other East Coast teams but this game for the Suns means that all the players need to take a long look at themselves if they care about their team. And I was thinking that our Pistons played one of their better games last night. I believe a lot of what Chambers said. He wasn't trying to bash the Pistons. Tom was only worried about his team. It was very clear to me that Monroe was playing with his best effort so the Suns might make him a nice offer in free agency. The Suns were interested in Greg last summer. If you take a close look at the Suns guards and what they did to our guards, you should be extremely worried if you were SVG. But I still say the Big Three will never work and the team is suffering because of their play. I mean all three of the big three stink at times during all games. We have no Ben Wallace or Rasheed Wallace or Bill Laimbeer that we can count on these days. Who knows how these guys feel about things going into each game? You can't predict anything about them from game to game. And our Big Three have trading value. At least Drummond and Monroe do. Smith will be a hard sell to any team and I believe Josh is trying hard. He is just not the same player he was 4 years ago. So what in hell will Stan do? Will he really start all three of The Big Three?

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 7 Empty Much Better...

Post  Oracle Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:15 pm

WISEFAN wrote:
Stan Van Gundy wrote:“I’m not quite sure — maybe he knows — I’m not quite sure what Markieff Morris has accomplished in the league that gets him to the point of mouthing off,” Van Gundy said. “I mean, I don’t like the mouthing off anyway. It seems to me you should at least participate in a playoff game before you do. But maybe not, maybe that’s not the standard anymore.”

You certainly didn't mind Andre non-playoff ass yakking it up all summer facepalm

Look don't get me wrong I'm not backing Morris comments just saying he has the right to say whatever.  Also I like KCP but I'm not going to overstate his game yesterday either, not saying he doesn't get credit for making it but Reggie Miller and Michael Redd he isn't.   Also yes those few turnovers in crunch felt like a little choke moment.  

Anyway the comments wasn't news worthy, the incident on the court was minor and life goes on.  Just like the made up blow up between Josh and SVG. Its over stated Josh wasn't playing to the level SVG and the lineup he was using was working so SVG sat him. No controversy, no news, but this dumb **** get headlines as well.  

I think it was a punk comment, but certainly not as newsworthy as all of the press being given!

By the coverage, you'd think it was LeBron fighting Kobe or something lol
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 7 Empty LOL!

Post  WTF Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:23 pm

Stan Van Gundy wrote:“I’m not quite sure — maybe he knows — I’m not quite sure what Markieff Morris has accomplished in the league that gets him to the point of mouthing off,” Van Gundy said. “I mean, I don’t like the mouthing off anyway. It seems to me you should at least participate in a playoff game before you do. But maybe not, maybe that’s not the standard anymore.”

You certainly didn't mind Andre non-playoff ass yakking it up all summer facepalm

Look don't get me wrong I'm not backing Morris comments just saying he has the right to say whatever. Also I like KCP but I'm not going to overstate his game yesterday either, not saying he doesn't get credit for making it but Reggie Miller and Michael Redd he isn't. Also yes those few turnovers in crunch felt like a little choke moment.

Anyway the comments wasn't news worthy, the incident on the court was minor and life goes on. Just like the made up blow up between Josh and SVG. Its over stated Josh wasn't playing to the level SVG and the lineup he was using was working so SVG sat him. No controversy, no news, but this dumb **** get headlines as well.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 7 Empty DX & Seb

Post  Oracle Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:27 pm

Yeah, it was driving me crazy too, so when Wise brought it up, I went looking and found that.

It makes a world of difference, because otherwise you really have no time context for the posts!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 7 Empty Whew! That's a relief.

Post  deusXango Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:15 pm

Oracle wrote:Click on Profile, then click on preferences, and from there, change the time zone, and don't forget to save!
Thanks Bro'....I was trying my best to ignore the time stamp, but it was one of those things I just couldn't keep my eyes off of.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 7 Empty New Malice at the Palace???

Post  Oracle Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:47 pm

FORUM - Page 7 KieffCaldwell
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 7 Empty Time Setting ...

Post  Sebastian Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:56 pm

Oracle wrote:Click on Profile, then click on preferences, and from there, change the time zone, and don't forget to save!

Yo, Oracle, thanks a bunch, man! I thought that it was an Admin. Rights permission-level setting and not specific to each User's Profile.

Very much appreciated, cause that sh!t was driving me crazy.

Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next