Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+8
Murph
Phil-Good
merc
Oracle
Go Stones!
deusXango
cool breeze
WTF
12 posters

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty Lottery

Post  Sparma Tue May 21, 2013 10:07 pm

So we had a 50% chance at a top 3 pick prior to the coin flip?

Doubt Zeller will be there or any of the top six. Carter-Williams?

On one draft board I see Alex Len at #8.

Looks like we either go for a solid but unspectacular rotation player or take a big gamble. Taking a chance on Gobert looks less crazy now.

Ouch. At 8, there will still be guys with real good NBA careers ahead of them; identifying one of them will be the challenge. There will need to be an element of luck in making the right choice.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty The Pick

Post  merc Tue May 21, 2013 10:01 pm

May the Cavs select Noel and pay a hefty price for a gimpy center the weight of a SG.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty DX

Post  Oracle Tue May 21, 2013 8:06 pm

deusXango wrote:Oracle, I agree with Arnie working with Knight to pace himself through the game and play more under control 100%, and I'm of the mind that Knight can be a 20 PPG scorer with 5-7 APG but, these numbers would be from the bench. IMHO that's an awesome offensive weapon.

Our difference of opinion is you seem to want to pigeon hole Knight into being a starting PG (which is work done outside of his natural instincts, and skill set), and my opinion is that if allowed to mature physically, improve his feel for the game, and do what come naturally to him (score first combo guard) he'll be one of the games best, coming off the bench; we all saw what James Harden meant to OKC and this years playoffs may not have come to the end that it did if he were still a part of the Thunder. I think that Knight can be that type of player for us, a rebuilding team, and become a major cog in the teams success. I am not one that's of the mindset that if we draft Burke, there'd be no place on the team for Knight so trade him, nor do I subscribe to that "small ball" backcourt of Knight and Burke either; I believe that Knight should get starters PT but, off the bench. What's wrong with that? Why is it a must that he play and develop into a PG? What if he doesn't want to be or develops into a PG, then what? At some point we've got to get out of lockstep with Joe's thinking and way of doing things.

Interesting! My thought was that it was you doing that because my opinion is that it's too early to call, and pushing either case too hard would be a mistake!

However, we aren't that far off, so I don't see this as a real problem in our visions coming together. I have no problem with making him come off the bench and I find that preferable to forcing him into a SG role where I don't think he's best deployed.

The last thing I want to do is pull a Stuckey with Knight! If he wants to be the starting PG he's going to have to beat somebody out of that position and vice versa, anybody coming in needs to be able to beat Knight for that job!

I'm sick of "Gifting" positions! I can see giving someone a position to start, but if they can't keep it, it's silly to allow inferior players to keep a job they haven't earned(Maxiell?).

EDIT: DX, here is where I think you misjudge the problem with Knight. He has some minor control issues, but it's nothing to be concerned about as Burke or anyone with his level of experience will have the same problem.

However, you see attempts to use his speed and quickness when it fails as a control issue... it isn't!

Arnie isn't trying to correct control issues, he trying to get him to be better at change of pace issues, the ability, ala Chris Paul, to be more crafty and turn on the bursts when opponents least expect it!

That's more of a technique issue, not a control issue. However, BK7 doesn't have the handles of a Chris Paul or Trey Burke, so he will also need some work there.

This doesn't invalidate any of your thoughts, it's just something else to consider!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty DX on Knight

Post  deusXango Tue May 21, 2013 7:05 pm

Oracle, I agree with Arnie working with Knight to pace himself through the game and play more under control 100%, and I'm of the mind that Knight can be a 20 PPG scorer with 5-7 APG but, these numbers would be from the bench. IMHO that's an awesome offensive weapon.

Our difference of opinion is you seem to want to pigeon hole Knight into being a starting PG (which is work done outside of his natural instincts, and skill set), and my opinion is that if allowed to mature physically, improve his feel for the game, and do what come naturally to him (score first combo guard) he'll be one of the games best, coming off the bench; we all saw what James Harden meant to OKC and this years playoffs may not have come to the end that it did if he were still a part of the Thunder. I think that Knight can be that type of player for us, a rebuilding team, and become a major cog in the teams success. I am not one that's of the mindset that if we draft Burke, there'd be no place on the team for Knight so trade him, nor do I subscribe to that "small ball" backcourt of Knight and Burke either; I believe that Knight should get starters PT but, off the bench. What's wrong with that? Why is it a must that he play and develop into a PG? What if he doesn't want to be or develops into a PG, then what? At some point we've got to get out of lockstep with Joe's thinking and way of doing things.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty Del Negro OUT!

Post  Oracle Tue May 21, 2013 5:37 pm

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty DX on Knight

Post  Oracle Tue May 21, 2013 5:35 pm

deusXango wrote:Quick, like your life depended on it, who's the better player, Brandon Knight or Dion Waiters? scratch
Doesn't matter what you think, it's how their coaches use them; start them and the team does okay or bring them off the bench as high scoring 6th men and the team contends.
The first team that starts utilizing their talents for bench scoring will be the first team that starts making noise in the east.....
GO!!!

You and others base your conclusions about Knight based on a faulty premise, IMO. That premise being that players don't change, and that thought process has major weaknesses if you don't look at individual situations, and what needs to change!

The major weakness that will be addressed by Arnie with Knight, if successful, will change everything you think you know about this kid!

Knight has way better speed and quickness than a lot of guards(Burke included), and that strength became his weakness. In college he got away with murder just using that speed and quickness.

It's still working in the NBA, but a lot less often because he's in a league where everybody was good most nights, and in college, most nights he clearly had advantages.

Now Arnie has seen this and is helping him to utilize that speed and quickness in a better way! If this happens, BK7 will be able to get anywhere he wants, get any shot he wants, and clear space to either see the floor better or just shoot.

He'll force defenses to pay too much attention to him and more people will be open.

If this happens, you won't recognize the player as the one you think he is now, and the beauty of this transformation is that it doesn't require gaining new skills, just a modification of the skills you already have.

This is quite different than the guys you write off because they don't have skill x, or y, that's why I think you're wrong about Knight only being a SG!

This change has the potential to increase his PPG to 15-18ppg, and his assists to 6-7APG, which are small increases from where he is, but still possible.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty It's so damn irratating

Post  deusXango Tue May 21, 2013 5:26 pm

Who is it that keeps posting (and why) that even if Burke is available when the Pistons turn comes to pick, Joe Dumars won't draft him? mad Where'd they get that information and how reliable was the source?
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty BREAKING NEWS!!!!

Post  Oracle Tue May 21, 2013 5:20 pm

We may have just lost out on McMillian!

Reports say that - Del Negro out
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty Think fast!!

Post  deusXango Tue May 21, 2013 5:19 pm

Quick, like your life depended on it, who's the better player, Brandon Knight or Dion Waiters? scratch
Doesn't matter what you think, it's how their coaches use them; start them and the team does okay or bring them off the bench as high scoring 6th men and the team contends.
The first team that starts utilizing their talents for bench scoring will be the first team that starts making noise in the east.....
GO!!!
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  Sparma Tue May 21, 2013 5:11 pm

Oracle, I enjoyed the draft link you sent. But Alex Len at #2?? First I've heard of that possibility. But two reasons given make sense: 1) teams draft in part according to need (something that will come more clearly into sight after tonight) and 2) there may be some miserable, but smart, team (Charlotte?) that's willing to go all in for the longterm, giving up on this season in advance with an eye on next year's rich draft.

I did have the privilege of watching Stack in his prime, taking turns attacking the basket with Grant Hill. The guy was a warrior (and a bit selfish). He seems to realize himself the end is near, but he's not willing to utter the "R" word just yet.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty Stuff

Post  Oracle Tue May 21, 2013 3:52 pm

@DX - Great post! You're so right on a lot of points, and this draft is difficult! I also think a broke down skinny arse center is a very shaky #1 overall pick!

However, have hope! SB Nation has Burke falling to 7th, and us taking him! I have to admit that the order they predict would make it logically possible that Burke would drop, not because of talent, but because of what we already know.... Teams will pick based on pressing need!

In short, Joe will get a shot at drafting the best PG on the board, and I think he would do the right thing!

Here's the Mocker - NBA Mock Draft: Our annual Socratic paradox

@Sparma - That SI Article was a good read and had some interesting links, but I also like your thoughts around Stackhouse!

I do think Stack will make a good coach one day if he really sticks with it. But I think he's kidding himself if he wants to keep playing! His attempts at playing haven't been horrible, but he's lost a lot of steps if you remember the old Stack!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty Bush knows babes!!!

Post  Sebastian Tue May 21, 2013 3:49 pm

Oracle wrote:At least he brings a little more Class to the Lions... his hottie!

FORUM - Page 31 Reggie-bushs-girlfriend-lilit-avagyan

And, she meets the most important criterion in my book: No visible tattoos. I hate tattoos on chicks.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty Stackhouse

Post  Sparma Tue May 21, 2013 12:40 pm

Was listening to Jerry on First Take and it struck me he'd be a terrific coaching candidate. He's loyal (eg in talking about his North Carolina buddy MJ), smart, and tough. Lo and behold, at the end of the interview he was asked about coaching and he indicated that's the path he'd like to take (along with considering other options). The current Detroit opening would come too early for him, because he's still hoping to play and because he needs some experience as assistant. Early prediction though: Stackhouse will do well as coach.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty At 55

Post  Sparma Tue May 21, 2013 9:30 am

Sounds like Ryan Kelly might be undervalued currently due to injury (and resulting (temporary?)) weight gain. I'd be happy to take a flier on him with the Clips' gift pick, if indeed he might otherwise go undrafted. SI sees his stock as being down now.

"Ryan Kelly, Duke

Kelly's still-healing, surgically repaired foot kept him out of workouts at the combine, and at least partially explained his 14.8 percent body fat, the highest of any player. "I'm not in shape at all," Kelly said.

It's unfortunate: Kelly, a stretch power forward who projects as a second-round pick, could have used a productive combine. Teams would have liked a look at Kelly's range and consistency with the jump shot and how he matched up physically with other big men during drills.

Kelly told SI.com that he was seven weeks away from being able to work out at full speed, which will prevent teams from bringing him in for individual workouts and could result in his going undrafted.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nba/news/20130520/nba-draft-combine-2013-winners-losers-cody-zeller-shabazz-muhammad-rudy-gobert/#ixzz2TvgwuLk0"
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty The reality of Ben McLemore

Post  deusXango Tue May 21, 2013 8:32 am

For all that subscribe to the idea that this is going to be a weak draft, I'm suggesting that there will be weak drafting by a number of GM's (Joe Dumars being one of them); this years draftees demand that teams draft according to need, more than any draft in recent memory, for maximum returns.

"You got to get it straight from the gate;" Nerlens Noel, a broken freshman, is not deserving of a #1 or #2 pick, in fact he should be returning to Kentucky for his sophomore year for development (he's only coming out now because of the money to be paid by some gullible GM) and rehabbing.
Ben McLemore in no way is going to be another Kobe Bryant or Michael Jordan, hell, he's in over his head being compared to Ray Allen! Why is he being looked at as a given to be one of the top two picks regardless of the team picking real needs? The lack of competitiveness shown throughout the year makes me feel he needs at least another year of college ball before he begins a pro career. Right now, how would these two players compare to next years top ten?

In my twisted mind I see Cody Zeller as being the best all around and prepared big man in the draft; Burke and McCollum are the top guards, and arguably the best wing players are Oladipo, and get this, the Croatian, Saric, not Porter Jr.! All are probably lottery picks, and all are healthy, hard working, and well prepared but, none are viewed as potential top three picks (depending on who's picking); why? Brain dead GM's maybe?

The Pistons most pressing need is a PG/floor general/team leader, not a center the size of Austin Daye (with a ruptured ACL) or another guard who's not sure of himself, or a SF who may or may not be a glue guy. If the Pistons win one of the top three picks tonight, will they draft the best PG? If they remain at #7 and for some insane reason Burke falls to them, will Dumars pick him? If for whatever reason the answer is "no" to both those questions, it makes my case for at least one brain dead GM in the league. Say Burke is gone at #7 but, both the Indiana boys are on the board, who does the Pistons go for, Oladipo or Zeller?

Bottom line, the last player to hobble into town on crutches was Bob Lanier and he brought an array of skills that Noel doesn't have (not to mention bulk), and as far as McLemore going into the HOF, I ain't seeing it; I ain't seeing him being worth top three money to the Pistons!
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty Reggie Bush

Post  Oracle Tue May 21, 2013 6:51 am

At least he brings a little more Class to the Lions... his hottie!

FORUM - Page 31 Reggie-bushs-girlfriend-lilit-avagyan
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty Post Combine Mock Draft Order

Post  Oracle Tue May 21, 2013 6:33 am

This was the importance of that shoe measurement for Burke!

Now he's being listed as 6'1, which suddenly takes his height somewhat off the table, and IMO, makes it possible for him to get picked higher!

I wish we could get him, but ultimately I'm a homer, and I want him to get the best deal and excel in the NBA, making us proud!!!

Not much movement after pre-Draft combine
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty Comment on Burke

Post  WTF Mon May 20, 2013 11:02 pm

Oracle wrote:"NBA executive's comment on Burke: “If he was 6-foot-3 he would be the No. 1 player in the draft. Highly competitive. Best pure point guard in draft who can shoot and score. Very cerebral. Question marks are size and does he have unique speed and quickness for that size.”" - NBA executive's

Oh well so he won't go #1, but unfortunately for us, he'll be gone by #5!

Wise you really nailed this one! I guess you can't always be wrong lol!

Never wrong Sir Oracle, just uniquely different
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty State of Michigan Had The Country 2 Best College PG's

Post  WTF Mon May 20, 2013 10:55 pm

merc wrote:Wise, you gotta know I'm ridin' shotgun on the Ray McCallum wagon.. this kid can flat out ball... great court vision... his game is a lot like Rondo... currently Draft Express has him as our early 2nd round pick clap

McCallum has the aggressiveness and quickness of Rondo, he does have great court vision and a better shooter. I would have loved to see McCallum with better assist totals but that could be he had to carry his team offense most night. If we don't land Burke I could live with Carter-Williams or getting McCallum in the second round.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty Pushing the envelope

Post  merc Mon May 20, 2013 10:40 pm

One advantage of a self moderated forum... from the "Outsider"...
CHICAGO -- The 2013 NBA draft combine is a wrap.

While the drills and athletic testing the players went through this weekend are just a small part of a much larger picture, there are a number of things I took away from the event.

ESPN had access to the gym for the 10 hours of the combine, and I was in the hotel lobby talking to teams, players and agents for most of the afternoons and evenings.

Based on the information I gathered, here's some quick hits on what I'm hearing about a number of top prospects in the draft. You can also check out our Updated Top 100 to get a feel for where players now stand after the combine.

Also see: Measurements for all 60 players | Athletic testing results | Day 1 observations

Is Noel still No. 1?

Nerlens Noel probably is still the No. 1 pick, but it no longer seems as clear-cut as it did before the combine began.

Noel did not play in the event, but one particular measurement generated a lot of discussion from NBA teams. Noel weighed in at 206 pounds -- shockingly light for a player projected to be a center in the NBA.

I went back and combed through the measurements of draft prospects I've collected for the past decade. I couldn't find anyone listed as a center who was that light. The closest legit NBA player I could find? The Milwaukee Bucks' Larry Sanders, who weighed 222 when he was drafted in 2010, and the Chicago Bulls' Joakim Noah, who weighed 223 in 2007.

Noel is more than 15 pounds lighter than either of those players. Noah isn't a great comp because he was much more skilled offensively. Sanders is a better comparison. They have similar bodies. But during Sanders' breakout year this season, he weighed 235 pounds. Noel is almost 30 pounds away.

Noel told me that he's lost weight since the surgery and was once as high as 220 during the season. Once he gets on an NBA weight program he should start packing on some pounds. But with dominant NBA centers currently averaging about 265 pounds (which is what Dwight Howard, Marc Gasol and Brook Lopez all weigh) Noel is going to have to put on a lot more weight.

"It's an issue," one GM said. "You look at the guys who really excel right now in the NBA at the center position and you wonder how in the world Noel can play with those guys right now. But you have to remember a couple of things. He can put on weight, and since he won't be back from injury until December or January at the earliest, it gives us a lot of time to start working on packing on the pounds. But more importantly to our staff -- and I asked everyone on our staff this question -- if he's not No. 1, then who is? I got a lot of blank stares when I asked that question. Someone has to go No. 1. If you have a better prospect, I'd like to know."

More important for Noel will be the results of the medical testing that was done on Saturday and Sunday. Once NBA teams get the full results, they will have a more complete picture of where Noel's rehab stands. We'd like to know, too.

No, I'm No. 1

A couple of players, Kansas' Ben McLemore and Michigan's Trey Burke, told reporters at the combine that they should be the No. 1 pick.

[+] Enlarge

Ronald Martinez/Getty Images
McLemore aced his interview, endearing himself to GMs and scouts alike.
"Just coming from nowhere, coming from nothing, just being able to have the opportunity get a No. 1 spot is just a blessing," McLemore told reporters on Thursday. "I'm going to work for it the same way as [Noel]. He's going to work for it, and I'm going to work for it. It definitely is neck-and-neck."

"I feel like I can be [the No. 1 pick], absolutely," Burke said. "It depends on where the [lottery] balls drop, and depending on that team's needs, I definitely feel like I can, and I won't disappoint."

But do NBA GMs feel the same way?

McLemore got a positive response from GMs for his athletic ability (he ended with a 42-inch maximum vertical) and for the candid interviews he gave NBA teams.

"You could tell that an agent hadn't got to him yet and hadn't coached him on what to say," one GM told ESPN.com. "I was really wowed by how candid and open he was. I felt like we got to see is heart a little bit. He's a wonderful young man. He's naïve and he really needs someone with some experience guiding him, but he was one of my two or three favorite interviews."

Interviews matter. In fact, in some cases they matter more than any on-the-court stuff players do at the combine. But I'm not sure that they'd put McLemore ahead of Noel right now. If McLemore had a stronger motor on the court, he'd be a no-brainer for the No. 1 pick, but his "niceness" actually might work against him.

"You want a player who's going to be great with teammates off-the-court and a role model in the community," one NBA scout said. "But on the court, I want an [expletive]. Ben has zero [expletive] in him. I'm not sure how he'll fare as a rookie if he isn't going to demand the ball and try to prove to his peers he can play with them. But the upside is really there if he gets that he's an elite player."

• Burke doesn't have the same issues that McLemore does. He has plenty of moxie to his game. And his measurements -- 6-foot-1.25 in shoes with a 6-5.5 wingspan -- were solid numbers for a NBA point guard.

Burke is roughly the same size as current NBA point guards Eric Bledsoe, Raymond Felton and Jeff Teague, but he's also taller than Chris Paul and Kemba Walker.

However, athletically, Burke's just not quite on the same level with any of those guys. His vertical jump numbers were on par (Burke measured a 36.5 inches max vertical), yet his lane agility numbers were the worst of that group (11.09 seconds).

Athletically, he seems the closest to Teague, who posted similar vert scores and was just slightly faster in the lane agility testing.

Will Burke's so-so showing hurt his cause?

"I don't think so," one GM said. "It's not what you'd hope, but if you watched him all year you knew he didn't just blow by guys. He's crafty, and he uses his strength and change of speed to get where he wants to go. It will be harder at the next level, but I think he'll be OK."

Most importantly, did anyone see either guy going No. 1 ahead of Noel? I talked to about half of the GMs in the league and while very few of them were excited about Noel, I couldn't find anyone who had either Burke or McLemore rated higher. Some might take either guy based on needs, but the consensus still seems to be that Noel is No. 1.

A sleeper at No. 1?

Victor Oladipo probably received the most positive feedback of anyone at the camp. Oladipo did not participate in drills either Thursday or Friday, but he was terrific in the athletic testing, measured out a bit taller than expected and impressed a number of teams in the interview section.

While no one I spoke with declared him the top player on their draft boards, a number of GMs told me Oladipo was their favorite player in the draft, possibly the player with the most upside of anyone on the board.

"Athletically he's so gifted," one GM said. "And he combines that with hard work both in the game and in practice. He keeps working on his game and getting better. His attitude was just special in the interview we had. He's humble, but confident. He doesn't draw attention to himself, but when he speaks he sounds like a leader. I worry about his jump shot a little and his ball handling, too. But I really feel like he's going to get better. And if he does? We'll all regret not taking him. All of us."

I wouldn't be surprised if, by the end of this process, Oladipo ends up No. 1 or No. 2 on a number of boards.

[+] Enlarge

Brian Spurlock/USA TODAY Sports
Big man Zeller saved his draft stock with a guard-like performance in athletic testing.
Notables

• Indiana's Cody Zeller stopped his slide in the rankings on Friday with a terrific performance in the athletic testing. While NBA teams take the athletic testing with a grain of salt, Zeller's numbers were hard to ignore. Not only were his numbers terrific for a big man, they were great for a guard.

Zeller's stock dropped, in part, because there were several games in which he really struggled against long, athletic front lines. Seeing how well he performed in Chicago has given pause to NBA scouts and GMs who were ready to write him off.

If Zeller can come into workouts and show teams he has a real perimeter game (he and his agents are promising he does) he'll can make a stronger argument he has the foot speed and athletic ability to make the transition to the four. If Zeller can convince scouts and GMs of that, he could very well move back into the top five.

• Five other players, New Zealand's Steven Adams, Michigan's Tim Hardaway Jr., Miami's Shane Larkin, New Mexico's Tony Snell and North Carolina's C.J. Leslie, also really helped themselves over the past few days.

Adams' name was especially hot all weekend. His size, athletic ability, defensive skills, soft shooting touch around the basket and excellent interviews all positioned him to move into the lottery from the mid-first round. His rise parallels, to a large degree, what Illinois' Meyers Leonard did last year at the combine. All year, teams feared that Adams didn't have the skill or the mental makeup to be a lottery pick. By Friday, virtually every executive in the NBA was predicting Adams would go somewhere between No. 9 and No. 14 and that he had moved ahead of Kelly Olynyk and Gorgui Dieng on their draft boards.

• Hardaway Jr. has been hiding in plain sight for the past three years. Whether it was comparisons to his father or the fact he was surrounded by so much talent at Michigan the past two years, he's struggled to convince scouts he's a first rounder. I'm not so sure that's the case anymore.

His performance at the combine, shooting the ball in the athletic testing, and in Friday's live action 3-on-3's put him in the same groupings with Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, Jamaal Franklin, Glen Rice Jr. and Allen Crabbe for the next 2-guard to come off the board after McLemore and Oladipo get drafted.

Larkin has a lot of competition to be the first point guard off the board after Burke, C.J. McCollum and Michael Carter-Williams. Dennis Schroeder, Isaiah Canaan, Pierre Jackson and Lorenzo Brown are in the conversation, too. But during the combine, Larkin appeared to separate himself a bit with hot shooting and elite athletic testing numbers. Not only did he measure with the second-highest max vertical ever recorded, but Larkin also recorded the fastest time in the three-quarter court sprint. Add in deep range on his jumper and true court vision and Larkin could land in the late lottery or, at the very least, mid-first round.

• New Mexico small forward Tony Snell also appeared to make the leap this weekend from interesting prospect to potential first-round pick. He still has a long way to go as far as proving to scouts he can play with consistent effort, but the raw athletic ability and elite size for his position, combined with smooth shooting touch really improved his stock. I've heard his name as high as No. 21 to the Utah Jazz.

• Finally, Leslie's terrific athletic numbers reminded scouts he might be one of the three or four best athletes in the draft and alleviated fears that he wouldn't have the lateral quickness to guard shooting guards in the NBA. His combine-best 10.19-second score on the lane agility drill, combined with a huge vertical leap and a big wingspan, have teams curious. If he can go into workouts and shut down the other small forwards in the workouts, he's going to be a lock for the first round.

• Kentucky's Archie Goodwin, Texas' Myck Kabongo, Arkansas' B.J. Young and Marquette's Vander Blue really struggled in this setting. All three players couldn't really buy a jump shot, exacerbating fears that they lack the basic offensive skills to succeed in the league.

So what's next?
On Tuesday, the NBA Draft Lottery takes place in New York. Within minutes of learning which team will have the No. 1 pick, we'll have Mock Draft 3.0 up.

On Wednesday and Thursday the Brooklyn Nets host a league-wide workout for all 30 teams. It's filled with second-round prospects who (thankfully) will play 5-on-5 ball.

A second league-wide workout will take place in Minnesota the following week. By June 1, teams should be in full workout mode.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty Burke's remarks were mildly bad, but

Post  Oracle Mon May 20, 2013 10:32 pm

There's always a huge dumb azz lurking just around the corner!

Shabazz Muhammad: I’m the best player in the NBA Draft

Yeah and that dummy probably still thinks he's 19!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty Comment on Burke

Post  Oracle Mon May 20, 2013 10:28 pm

"NBA executive's comment on Burke: “If he was 6-foot-3 he would be the No. 1 player in the draft. Highly competitive. Best pure point guard in draft who can shoot and score. Very cerebral. Question marks are size and does he have unique speed and quickness for that size.”" - NBA executive's

Oh well so he won't go #1, but unfortunately for us, he'll be gone by #5!

Wise you really nailed this one! I guess you can't always be wrong lol!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Mon May 20, 2013 10:28 pm

Oracle wrote:
cool breeze wrote:Read it in the Free Press not the Detroit News. This is pretty cool that our Piston hero, the best player to every wear the Piston uniform continues to work on improving himself. And at the end of that article he mentions that if he could get an interview with the Piston owner, he would be interested in that head coaching job. Imagine Zeke on the bench again as the head coach. It would be magic all over again. Thousands of fans would become interested in the Pistons again. The Palace would be alive. This one thing could turn around attendance which should be on the mind of Mr. Gores but it seems he has no clue at all as to what would interest the actual Piston fans. It is insane that he had to consult with Phil Jackson. That show me that he is a weak owner. Imagine the fact that I. Thomas cannot even get an interview for the head coaching position of the Detroit Pistons. Why should we fans even care what happens to this franchise???

Don, that's so sad! A proven winner that got the shaft by Bird just when the team he built was ready to take off!

Zeke is an EXCELLENT talent evaluator, way better than Joe, and you're right, he would ignite Piston fans all over the world!

Hell, even if they don't hire him, why in the world can't he get interviewed when he has better credentials than the majority of the also rans they're interviewing?

IMO, the first chance Gores gets, he's going to bring in the Hollywood crowd or try to find a way to bring the Pistons to Hollywood!

I want to trust him, but he's making it hard... I want Michael Ilitch so bad!

Did Joe Dumars dislike his teammates during the Bad Boy era? Joe was known as the lone good guy on the team. Didn't he receive some citizenship award during his playing days? I reflect on the coaches Dumars has selected in the recent past and question his ability to know how to lead when considering the young players on the team. The press really protects Joe. Maybe the bigger question is if Mr. Gores actually ever followed the Bad Boy Teams with Thomas leading the troops??? Maybe he was cheering for Magic and has no emotion when it comes to remembering those Piston heroes.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty Zeke

Post  Oracle Mon May 20, 2013 9:58 pm

cool breeze wrote:Read it in the Free Press not the Detroit News. This is pretty cool that our Piston hero, the best player to every wear the Piston uniform continues to work on improving himself. And at the end of that article he mentions that if he could get an interview with the Piston owner, he would be interested in that head coaching job. Imagine Zeke on the bench again as the head coach. It would be magic all over again. Thousands of fans would become interested in the Pistons again. The Palace would be alive. This one thing could turn around attendance which should be on the mind of Mr. Gores but it seems he has no clue at all as to what would interest the actual Piston fans. It is insane that he had to consult with Phil Jackson. That show me that he is a weak owner. Imagine the fact that I. Thomas cannot even get an interview for the head coaching position of the Detroit Pistons. Why should we fans even care what happens to this franchise???

Don, that's so sad! A proven winner that got the shaft by Bird just when the team he built was ready to take off!

Zeke is an EXCELLENT talent evaluator, way better than Joe, and you're right, he would ignite Piston fans all over the world!

Hell, even if they don't hire him, why in the world can't he get interviewed when he has better credentials than the majority of the also rans they're interviewing?

IMO, the first chance Gores gets, he's going to bring in the Hollywood crowd or try to find a way to bring the Pistons to Hollywood!

I want to trust him, but he's making it hard... I want Michael Ilitch so bad!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Mon May 20, 2013 9:38 pm

Wise, you gotta know I'm ridin' shotgun on the Ray McCallum wagon.. this kid can flat out ball... great court vision... his game is a lot like Rondo... currently Draft Express has him as our early 2nd round pick clap
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next