Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+8
Murph
Phil-Good
merc
Oracle
Go Stones!
deusXango
cool breeze
WTF
12 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty So you want to trade Monroe?

Post  Oracle Wed May 22, 2013 7:31 pm

Stop right there and drop that donut.
FORUM - Page 30 Space_police
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Some really good ideas in this article!

Post  Oracle Wed May 22, 2013 7:07 pm

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty It is crazy to keep bringing it up

Post  deusXango Wed May 22, 2013 7:07 pm

Oracle wrote:Drew Sharp: Pistons should consider drafting Cody Zeller, trading Greg Monroe

Why do people keep wanting to trade Monroe?
Oracle, the kindest thing I can say for those who keep calling for Monroe to be traded is, they have very short memories; before he came to the Pistons we had no legitimate big man with any type of productive skill, and he's still playing on a rookie contract! We've tolerated worse (Stuckey) for a hell of a lot longer and they weren't contributors to establishing a culture of hard work. We've heard the excuse that the coaching carousel is the reason this particular player couldn't get it together but, doesn't the same apply to Monroe? Monroe has been played out of position for his entire career in Detroit, and hamstrung in the paint for the last two seasons with Maxiell as his main support; I think it's narrow minded to not realize that the team is stronger with both Monroe and Zeller developing with Drummond. The none belief of co-existence is what's wrong with the world today and now it seems to have invaded the game of professional basketball. Drew Sharp is a foolish man when it comes to responsible reporting of the Detroit Pistons!!
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Wise

Post  Oracle Wed May 22, 2013 6:55 pm

WISEFAN wrote:
Oracle wrote:Drew Sharp: Pistons should consider drafting Cody Zeller, trading Greg Monroe

Because a lot of people, myself included get the feeling that Monroe has reached his ceiling and that perhaps we need to trade him while his value is very high. It's almost like a now or never deal.

Ok, I get that, but then we have to wait 3 more years to see if Zeller flatlines and we've lost 6 years!

I can understand "Thinking" Monroe has peaked, but I don't get the leap to making that a fact!

Obviously we don't get to see a lot of things people on the inside get to see about players, but from everything I see, Monroe is just like any young player that needs to add to his game and keep growing.

Now the fit with Drummond could be a problem, that much I will agree to, but we'll know a lot more next season. I do understand that it's a gamble because we'll have to do something about his contract so I see the urgency that you and others have about making a decision(now or over pay so to speak).
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Oracle

Post  WTF Wed May 22, 2013 5:21 pm

Because a lot of people, myself included get the feeling that Monroe has reached his ceiling and that perhaps we need to trade him while his value is very high. It's almost like a now or never deal.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Off Topic

Post  Oracle Wed May 22, 2013 3:34 pm

Blitzer: We're happy you're here. You guys did a great job. I guess you got to thank the Lord. Right?

Survivor: Yeah.

Blitzer: Did you thank the Lord for that split-second decision?

Survivor: I -- I'm actually an atheist.

Blitzer: You are. All right. But you made the right call.

Survivor: Yeah. We are here. And you know, I don't blame anybody for thanking the Lord.

Blitzer: Of course not.

CNN's Wolf Blitzer talks to an Oklahoma tornado survivor
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty I think it's crazy, but it keeps coming up!

Post  Oracle Wed May 22, 2013 3:33 pm

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Anthony Bennett

Post  Murph Wed May 22, 2013 1:52 pm

deusXango wrote:Thanks Merc.

Anthony Bennett, huh? My biggest fear continues; another tweener with no defined position that we'll try to mold into something else. Bennett is an undersized PF with a rotator cuff problem (even though it may be surgically repaired, the psychological reluctance to reach for rebounds is going to be a hindrance for him on the boards); no one is squeaking so I imagine everyone thinks he's better than the other "PF" who's a proven commodity, Josh Smith. I notice that according to ESPN's latest mock, Cody Zeller is still on the board; why they don't speculate about him coming to Detroit is an insult right now, as I believe he's a better player than Bennett, and more physically gifted too. In the next two years I'd rather be replacing Maxiell and CV with Smith and Zeller than Bennett alone. Please, don't nobody throw a 2nd or 3rd tier name out there to be signed just for conversation purposes when this team may be going into a holding pattern; let's load up on quality big men with diverse skill sets. Oh well, it's just a mock and not the real thing.

DX...good post. I agree 100%.

And the fact that Chad Ford has us taking Bennet is even more depressing, as Ford is often correct about whom the Pistons are targeting in the draft.

I can't believe how much Burke's and Oladipo's stocks have risen to the point where neither one realistically looks to be available when we pick at 8.

Oh...and thanks Lil Larry for winning 4 out of our last 5 games, and further ruining our draft postition...you dumb ass.

So now what do we do? Take Zeller or Len, even though we don't need them? scratch Take a shot on Carter-Williams hoping he'll eventually learn how to cut down on his turns and take care of the ball? facepalm Or take a flyer on a SG, such at Caldwell-Pope, Tim Hardaway Jr or Allen Crabbe, even though none are rated very high defensively?

Very depressing.

This draft sucks.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty How will this play out?

Post  Oracle Wed May 22, 2013 1:29 pm

The coaching search, the pick possibilities, Joe's comments... all very confusing!

It's getting hard to see how this plays out in any constructive fashion!

IMO, the coaching search is the worst of it! I just think that I'm going to struggle to get excited about the possible suspects the Pistons will likely hire!

With a super exciting position like the Clippers now on the market, you can be sure we won't be getting the top candidates anymore! Bring on the retreads and pick the best loser from the crowd!

IMO, if that's the case, I'd rather hire someone new and give them a short contract, but with our record, we've lost the good will to make another bone headed coaching move!

Then there's the pick! We could get lucky again, and I don't rule that out, but it's just not a good way to get a pick every year!

We either need to learn the art of tanking for fun and profit, or learn how to win games and stay out of the lottery! The biggest danger in professional sports is staying in that middle ground. Too good to get the best picks, and not good enough to challenge for anything meaningful.

Finally, there's Joe's comments! He says he'll take a big, and he might, but I think it's MCW that he really wants at that slot. IMO, he's going to pick either a 1,2, or 3 player at #8, and it's likely to be someone that slipped through.

My only concern is that he doesn't force it and take the wrong dude. It's shaping up as the FA & Trade(most likely) market will be where the major impact will come from.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Mo Cheeks Second Interview

Post  WTF Wed May 22, 2013 12:35 pm

I know this doesn't sound like the choice many would want as coach but, Man! I've been advocating for him to get another chance at coaching. I've always thought that both Portland and Philly were just bad places for him and that he need a young team to coach.

Cheeks would be great for any young guards on the team and will surround himself with the right assistants. I wouldn't be upset if he got the nod at being the next coach.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  merc Wed May 22, 2013 11:08 am

Don, It's looks like you're up with the roosters this morning... I got a good laugh from your "It didn't help that Maxiell was hurt and couldn't play either. He could have helped the Pistons lose more games at the end.".

It's the 2nd year in a row where we got passed by the team right behind us... it was good to see the Wiz not tanking and still being rewarded.

I hadn't heard about Crabbe until around December when a report came out that Joe D was high on him... at the time he was projected mid 2nd round... at least we know he's on the radar.

Since all of the coaching interviews are done it could only mean that Joe is waiting for one of the remaining playoff teams to finish their season so they can be interviewed... I'm personally voting for one of the two assistants of the Spurs... gotta go with a proven winning system.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Wed May 22, 2013 10:44 am

merc wrote:According to David Mayo Joe said he wants to hire a coach b4 July 1st... he's interviewed a lot more than we know about.
He also said he won't hesitate to draft a big if all of the quality wings are off the board.

Merc I cannot get excited about the next coaching staff like others. Unless better defensive players are added to the team, the Palace will be empty that is unless Isiah Thomas is hired. That will cause some excitement that is lacking now. So many former Piston fans have dropped off the bandwagon. There are only a few of us crazy fans who even think about the Detroit Pistons. If no impact players are added who can play at the level of other successful NBA players, we will be sitting on pins and needles next year about this time wondering if we will not even have a first round pick. I see few players that will be available when Detroit picks improving the team much. Very depressing times for Piston fans right at this moment in time but perhaps better than this time last season or the season before or the season before. Dumars will be fired at the end of next season if we are in the same position and he must know it. What will he do Piston fans? Will he sign Maxiell and Bynum again? Will he sign Calderon to an expensive contract? I hope not.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty McCallem, Bennett, Crabbe

Post  cool breeze Wed May 22, 2013 10:31 am

You say what? Yes Allen Crabbe is moving up with some draft boards having the Clips taking him in the first round. Since the combine in Chicago, the so called GM experts noticed his quick feet. Yet I have been watching this kid for a long time. He was the PAC12 scoring champ where some pretty good defense was played against him all season. He made big shots in crunch time and was able to separate himself even with two players guarding him. Do we need a shooting guard who can also play defense? He has the size and quickness necessary to be successful in the NBA.

McCallem has issues with his ability to play defense because he is not so quick. He is a shooter first and played against inferior competition so I have a worry about him because of his lack of foot speed on defense.

Bennett is a powerful dude for sure. He has great potential as a scorer. Yet I was not impressed when watching him play in person once this last year. I think he will get in foul trouble a lot early on. And can he defend well enough to make a rotation?

This is not likely to be a productive draft for the Pistons unless they somehow trade up and I don't know if it would be worth it based on the players in this draft. Somehow management allowed the team to win too many games at the end of the season which meant nothing. Frank should have been fired about one month before the season ended and then management should have insisted that Charlie V play every minute of every game for that last month. It didn't help that Maxiell was hurt and couldn't play either. He could have helped the Pistons lose more games at the end. Other teams got on the losing bandwagon but not our Pistons. Joe better make a good trade for Stuckey or spend a lot of money on the big time free agents posters have mentioned. Still this Piston team is so young. After watching the real NBA players performing last night, I felt that Detroit is about 4 years away from becoming a real playoff team. I still have no idea how Monroe and Drummond will perform during difficult moments of big games. Are they as good as we think they might be? Will Knight show everyone just how good he can be next season? Will Singler become a deadly outside shooter? Will Middleton become a outstanding defender? I wish that there were more exciting things to think about with the Detroit Pistons. The thing the owner must be worrying about is will the Palace be empty again next winter?

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Wed May 22, 2013 9:17 am

According to David Mayo Joe said he wants to hire a coach b4 July 1st... he's interviewed a lot more than we know about.
He also said he won't hesitate to draft a big if all of the quality wings are off the board.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

Post  deusXango Wed May 22, 2013 6:58 am

Thanks Merc.

Anthony Bennett, huh? My biggest fear continues; another tweener with no defined position that we'll try to mold into something else. Bennett is an undersized PF with a rotator cuff problem (even though it may be surgically repaired, the psychological reluctance to reach for rebounds is going to be a hindrance for him on the boards); no one is squeaking so I imagine everyone thinks he's better than the other "PF" who's a proven commodity, Josh Smith. I notice that according to ESPN's latest mock, Cody Zeller is still on the board; why they don't speculate about him coming to Detroit is an insult right now, as I believe he's a better player than Bennett, and more physically gifted too. In the next two years I'd rather be replacing Maxiell and CV with Smith and Zeller than Bennett alone. Please, don't nobody throw a 2nd or 3rd tier name out there to be signed just for conversation purposes when this team may be going into a holding pattern; let's load up on quality big men with diverse skill sets. Oh well, it's just a mock and not the real thing.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Wed May 22, 2013 1:20 am

DX, yeah just gotta subscribe to the ESPN Insider (I think it was about $30)...
Anyways they already updated the Mock based on the lotto winners... not sure how this will work... but here goes..

1Nerlens NoelCleveland Cavaliers
COLLEGE: KentuckyAGE: 18HT: 6-11WT: 215POS: C
Analysis: Noel might be the perfect fit for the Cavs. He could provide them with the type of defensive presence in the middle they really need going forward. And the Cavs can be patient. With Anderson Varejao and Tyler Zeller, they don't need Noel right away. Georgetown's Otto Porter probably is the second-best fit. Unless doctors come back with major concerns about Noel's knee, I think he'll go No. 1 to Cavs.

PLAYER CARD
2Trey BurkeOrlando Magic
COLLEGE: MichiganAGE: 20HT: 6-1WT: 187POS: PG
Analysis: The Magic need a point guard but might have been reluctant to take Burke at No. 1. What about at No. 2? I think there's a good chance. He's a bit small for his position, but Orlando needs a leader, someone with moxie, and Burke seems like the best fit. Ben McLemore is a possibility here, too.

PLAYER CARD
3Otto PorterWashington Wizards
COLLEGE: GeorgetownAGE: 19HT: 6-8WT: 200POS: SF
Analysis: The Wizards need help at the small forward position and Porter, who played his college ball in Washington, appears to be the perfect fit. With two super backcourt scorers such as John Wall and Bradley Beal, having a forward who's a facilitator like Porter feels just right. The other player to watch carefully for the Wizards is Anthony Bennett. Sources say the Wizards also are very high on Bennett and could opt for his potent offensive game to expand their options at power forward.

PLAYER CARD

4Ben McLemoreCharlotte Bobcats
COLLEGE: KansasAGE: 20HT: 6-5WT: 195POS: SG
Analysis: The Bobcats are the big losers, again, in the draft lottery. But if they land McLemore, they might get the player with the best upside in the draft. The team desperately needs outside shooting, and McLemore might have the best stroke of anyone in the draft.

PLAYER CARD
5Victor OladipoPhoenix Suns
COLLEGE: IndianaAGE: 20HT: 6-4WT: 213POS: SG

Analysis: The Suns want to change the culture of the organization, and Oladipo is the perfect candidate to do it. He'll impact the game immediately on the defensive end. If he develops offensively? He could end up being the best player in the draft.

PLAYER CARD
6Alex LenNew Orleans Pelicans
COLLEGE: MarylandAGE: 19HT: 7-1WT: 225POS: C

Analysis: The Pelicans got their power forward of the future with Anthony Davis. Could Len be their center of the future? He might be a perfect complement to Davis. He's more a skilled offensive player and should create a massive, young frontline for the Pelicans.

PLAYER CARD
7Michael Carter-WilliamsSacramento Kings
COLLEGE: SyracuseAGE: 21HT: 6-6WT: 184POS: PG

Analysis: The future of the Kings has finally cleared up, and the good news for Sacramento fans is that the team is staying put. The bad news? Just about everything else. While there is plenty of talent on the Kings' roster, not much of it fits together. The team ranked 13th in offensive efficiency this year but a miserable 29th in defensive efficiency. Adding someone who can do something besides chuck up the basketball might help. The team's biggest need is probably at small forward.

However, unless they want to add another shoot-first, ask-questions-later player like Shabazz Muhammad, there probably isn't a small forward worthy of a pick this high. Enter Williams. While the Kings do have point guards on their roster, they don't have any that really make others around them better. Carter-Williams is a high-risk, high-reward player. He has elite size for his position, proved to be a terrific athlete at the NBA draft combine and sees the floor well. In addition, he's a rangy defender who averaged 2.8 steals per game last season.

Of the elite NBA prospects, only Marcus Smart averaged more. His lack of jump shot is the biggest concern. But if he develops, he could help the turn around in Sacramento.

PLAYER CARD
8Anthony BennettDetroit Pistons
COLLEGE: UNLVAGE: 20HT: 6-8WT: 240POS: PF

Analysis: The Pistons' biggest need is at the three, and if Bennett falls this far, I could see Detroit convincing themselves that Bennett could make the transition. While Bennett looks like a power forward, he can really shoot and handle the basketball. He has enough talent to be the No. 1 pick, but his recent rotator cuff surgery has caused his stock to slide just a tad. He'd be a great fit in Detroit and give the Pistons, along with Greg Monroe and Andre Drummond, one of the best young front lines in basketball.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

Post  deusXango Wed May 22, 2013 12:51 am

merc wrote:DX, The mocks don't start matching lottery slots with team priorities until just before the draft... ESPN will probably do something tomorrow with team needs being a criteria.
Question Merc, do you have to have some sort of membership with ESPN.com to view the special online publications? Anyway, thanks for the heads up. I'll be watching the talking heads on ESPN.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Wed May 22, 2013 12:33 am

DX, The mocks don't start matching lottery slots with team priorities until just before the draft... ESPN will probably do something tomorrow with team needs being a criteria.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty DX, great minds think (almost) alike

Post  Sebastian Wed May 22, 2013 12:27 am

deusXango wrote:Sebastian, I know that you like to come up with mock teams so I ask you for your valued opinion on this team; what do you think? Got nothing better to do right now, so WTF?

Centers: Drummond, Kravstov
PF: Monroe, Zeller, Villanueva
SF: *Smith, Mitchell, Jerebko
SG: *Iguodala, Stuckey, Middleton
PG: Knight, McCallum

*Free Agents to be signed
Starters
The new coach would work out his rotation and starters (I'm playing coach now)

DX, I was composing my thoughts, during the time that you were submitting your most recent post.

I'm not a fan of Zeller. I am more a fan of drafting C.J. McCollum at #8 and can go with signing Iggy as a SG.

I still like Josh Smith, but if WE could wiggle Loul Deng from the Bulls, I would rather have Deng, but Smith works, too.

I would keep Charlie V. around for the final year of his contract, for the occasional barrage of threes, but mostly for the relief in cap space that his contract will provide on July 1, 2014.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty With the #8 Pick ...

Post  Sebastian Wed May 22, 2013 12:17 am

Okay, WE, now, know where WE are drafting and WE still need to hire a Head Coach and there is cap money that becomes available on July 1. So, here's what WE should do:

1- Draft: C.J. McCollum with the #8 Pick, Doug Anderson with the #38 Pick
2- Hire: Zeke as Head Coach
3- Trade: Stuckey, Jerebko, English, #55 Pick (2013) for Luol Deng
4- Sign: Iggy, Speights

Roll with:

PG- B. Knight/C.J. McCollum
SG- Iggy/Middleton/Anderson
SF- Deng/Singler
PF- Moose/Charlie V.
C- Dre Drummond/Speights/The Ukraine

This is a roster that can play in May and June!
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty A Roster For Sebastian To Critique

Post  deusXango Wed May 22, 2013 12:01 am

Sebastian, I know that you like to come up with mock teams so I ask you for your valued opinion on this team; what do you think? Got nothing better to do right now, so WTF?

Centers: Drummond, Kravstov
PF: Monroe, Zeller, Villanueva
SF: *Smith, Mitchell, Jerebko
SG: *Iguodala, Stuckey, Middleton
PG: Knight, McCallum

*Free Agents to be signed
Starters
The new coach would work out his rotation and starters (I'm playing coach now)
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Can't win for losing...

Post  Oracle Tue May 21, 2013 11:54 pm

We beat the Cavs only to lose? WTF!!!

That's what happens when all your GM dreams about is this...

FORUM - Page 30 Krispy-kremme-o
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty After somewhat catching my breath

Post  deusXango Tue May 21, 2013 11:24 pm

When I realized that the Wizards had jumped over us in the lottery, I got the feeling like a snake had bitten me. I know he had nothing to do with it but, I wanted to blame Lil' Larry. All I can wonder now is, "what next?"

Oracle, I trust NBADraft.net less and less; the latest mock draft had us at #7 and Washington at #8 until the draft lottery. The teams moved but, the players didn't change; WTF??!! In any event, looking at the uncertainty of the draft we may have a shot at Zeller, and even though he's not my first choice, I can live with that; taking into account your theory that players change over time, I'm certain that he won't remain "soft" throughout his career. If we can get him at #8 and Ray McCallum at #38 I'd give Joe an A+. I think McCallum is just as good as C.J. McCollum (who Sebastian predicted we would get and was in the mock to draft until we fell to #Cool and he's not guaranteed in the second round.

I notice that Dario Saric has moved up to #10 and Shabazz Muhammad (the best player in the draft) has dropped down to #16. I wonder if Minnesota would take Kyle Singler and our #56 for their #26; Tony Mitchell should be on the board at #26 and I like his athleticism. Rumors have started to circulate about Orlando taking Burke at #2; if that comes true the naysayers will get a chance to see what type of an impact Burke can have on a pro team, because we don't have sh!t that would make the Magic part with their pick. Too bad the results will be witnessed from across country.

Oh well, it's back to the coach search; I hope that goes well for us.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Irate Wise Fan

Post  WTF Tue May 21, 2013 11:03 pm

I swear I hate this team sometimes, only our dumbass could go on a mini win streak to end a f@&king meaningless season. It's not enough that Frank got fired why in the hell we haven't fire Joe ass as well.

Okay so we're picking eight WTF! I'm of the mind to trade the pick at this point. Dumb asses
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Cleveland

Post  Sparma Tue May 21, 2013 10:50 pm

At least the Tigers are up 3-1; Cabrera with another homerun.

Cleveland could be scary good if LeBron heads back there, as some have speculated.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next