Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+9
Sparma
merc
Phil-Good
deusXango
lemonpen
cool breeze
WTF
Oracle
Sebastian
13 posters

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 32 Empty WOW Souc Cynic. What A FOOL YOU HAVE BECOME!

Post  Phil-Good Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:26 am

Trade The Moose for Pussy boy Chris Bosh. The same pussy boy who ran away from Toronto to play in D.wade and Lebron's MVP's Shadow! What A Fool with no clue about the NBA game at all you are! Really, Sour Cynic. You are pitiful! lol

All the good players want to win. Greg will have that chance right here in Detroit. I have A feeling he won't pussy out and run like Chris Bosh did to go play in somebody's else shadow.

A Sour Cynic. Stick to what you do best. Bash Joe Dumars and toss out silly, make-believe facts that you love to come up with. lol lol

Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 32 Empty Examine the mind set of the man carefully

Post  deusXango Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:28 am

Phil1980boy wrote:Well I know A WNBA Player. Were friends. I set down and ask her all the basketball fan questions. How is it to be traded? How is it to play for Bill? How is it to play in the WNBA?

She said being traded sucks. They tell you after practice. Then you have to run back to pack whatever things you can to grab the next flight to whatever city because that new team should be playing tonight or the next day.

She said she Loves playing for Bill. He cool, he down to earth and he let's the offense flow. It was the most fun she had ever had playing basketball. High School, College or Pro.

She also said that playing in the WNBA was cool.

My Point. It's something about Bill we don't know. Somebody is black-balling Bill and it's Not Detroit. It 29 other teams out there...
Phillip, why would Detroit get in lockstep with the teams that're black-balling Bill? He's one of ours and for Joe to turn his back on him sucks!!! Makes me wonder what Dumars character is really like. Suspect
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 32 Empty DX

Post  Phil-Good Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:25 am

IDK DX. But as far as my Former WNBA player friend who played for Bill. She says she love him and so did all her teammates.

But I do know this DX. Joe has no time to give anybody any chances. With Gores it crystal clear. It's win now time!
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 32 Empty SEE THIS THAT COWARD STUFF I"M TALKING ABOUT

Post  WTF Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:49 am

Phil1980boy wrote:Trade The Moose for Pussy boy Chris Bosh. The same pussy boy who ran away from Toronto to play in D.wade and Lebron's MVP's Shadow! What A Fool with no clue about the NBA game at all you are! Really, Sour Cynic. You are pitiful! lol

All the good players want to win. Greg will have that chance right here in Detroit. I have A feeling he won't pussy out and run like Chris Bosh did to go play in somebody's else shadow.

A Sour Cynic. Stick to what you do best. Bash Joe Dumars and toss out silly, make-believe facts that you love to come up with. lol lol

What does Bosh leaving Toronto has to do with the fact that today Bosh is the better player? Last I remember Bosh was averaging about 24 points and 11 boards before heading to Miami. Yeah let's wait and see if Moose becomes a better defender and put up these numbers next season or in the case of fans like you in 2 or 3 seasons. Like I said Scary Cat Pee Boy stop pissing your pants every time a player is suggested to be traded.

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 32 Empty Laimbeer: A PETTY MO'FOKER!!!

Post  WTF Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:05 am

Oracle wrote:I don't know DX, something is wrong that's not visible to us!

You say Joe won't give Laims a chance, but what do you think is the problem that nobody else will either?

I have to think that there's something we don't see that's come out either in interviews or elsewhere!

DX, it's more of a control thing with Joe which is still petty but not as petty as this popular nonsense that Rant writes about. It's the same reasons why Avery and Doug walked away the last time and we ended up with Kuester instead.

Joe is a control freak IMO always have been but he needs to change that form of thinking with his next coaching hire and allow them to do their jobs once here.

I agree with Oracle that it's more than what meets the eyes with Laimbeer and why he hasn't moved up. In fact it can be nothing at all just look at those that haven't broke through as head coaches in the NBA and remain assistants. As an outsider looking in I'm not all that confident in Laimbeer as a coach in the NBA but that's not saying he doesn't deserve a chance, just like I think Patrick, Shaw, Kareem and a lot of others deserve a chance.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 32 Empty A fan with 100% support last stand......maybe, we'll see.

Post  deusXango Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:51 am

WISEFAN wrote:

You say Joe won't give Laims a chance, but what do you think is the problem that nobody else will either?

I have to think that there's something we don't see that's come out either in interviews or elsewhere!

DX, it's more of a control thing with Joe which is still petty but not as petty as this popular nonsense that Rant writes about. It's the same reasons why Avery and Doug walked away the last time and we ended up with Kuester instead.
Control freak is right (the sum total of your posts about the influence Joe's exerted over the last few coaching hires), and that ain't cutting it. When you hire a coach that can be treated like a bitch, how can he be a leader of men?

Joe is a control freak IMO always have been but he needs to change that form of thinking with his next coaching hire and allow them to do their jobs once here.
This is what Tom Gores is finally doing with Joe; allowing him to be the GM without outside interferrence. The bar has been set.

I agree with Oracle that it's more than what meets the eyes with Laimbeer and why he hasn't moved up. In fact it can be nothing at all just look at those that haven't broke through as head coaches in the NBA and remain assistants. As an outsider looking in I'm not all that confident in Laimbeer as a coach in the NBA but that's not saying he doesn't deserve a chance, just like I think Patrick, Shaw, Kareem and a lot of others deserve a chance.
I look at the many coaches who are excelling in the NBA that no one heard of before they got a chance, and I wonder why men with long, distinguished careers, and in the case of a few, champions, can't get a chance? Men that want to coach and have proven they know the game such as Shaw, Patrick, Kareem, and Laimbeer? I know damn well the majority of these men could out-coach Curry, Kuester, Lil' Larry, and possibly Flip Saunders!
If what Phillip said is true, and I have no reason to doubt him, players like Laimbeer (he doesn't strike me as a ladies man, so much for the WNBA shtick), respect him, and the undeniable record shows that he can get them to successfully perform within the confines of the rules of basketball over the course of a complete season; what more is required of your coach? I refuse to include myself in the number of those who doubt that Laimbeer is a qualified leader of men (and Mahorn who would probably be his lead assistant)!!
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 32 Empty DX

Post  WTF Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:00 am

The other thing Laimbeer has going against him right now is the sense of urgency with the task of improving the team immediately but I wouldn't knock the hiring one bit because it falls into the realms of being Bold and Daring. If it pans out Joe looks like a genius again but, if not then he's on his way out. In the end it could look more like a gimmick than a move that was Bold and Daring

I think the Rant article was far reaching in part to bring debate on the subject of Laimbeer. Hiring Bill 2 seasons ago was a great idea but not today with so much on the line a proven coach is required. The only way you turn to an un-proven is if Joe drastically improve on the talent that too a limited degree it's doesn't matter who's coaching.

IMO I really can't equate Laimbeer's success in the WNBA to having success in the NBA even though I think he has a lot to contribute in knowledge.

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 32 Empty Last gasp then

Post  deusXango Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:15 pm

WISEFAN wrote:The other thing Laimbeer has going against him right now is the sense of urgency with the task of improving the team immediately but I wouldn't knock the hiring one bit because it falls into the realms of being Bold and Daring. If it pans out Joe looks like a genius again but, if not then he's on his way out. In the end it could look more like a gimmick than a move that was Bold and Daring
There's no reason we shouldn't expect immediate results; lottery pick, trade bait, young bigs, and money to acquire 2-3 top FA's. I think Laimbeer could come in and perform admirably, even with my foolish picks of Burke, Smith, Allen, and/or Hickson/Blatche.

I think the Rant article was far reaching in part to bring debate on the subject of Laimbeer. Hiring Bill 2 seasons ago was a great idea but not today with so much on the line a proven coach is required. The only way you turn to an un-proven is if Joe drastically improve on the talent that too a limited degree it's doesn't matter who's coaching.
Again I say that Billy can coach and the staff he would put together I believe would surprise us all. No matter what's done in the way of coach selection, it's going to be a gamble on Joe's future, so why not take a chance on a known commodity (Joe knows what Laimbeer and Mahorn are made of like nobody invested in this, from ownership to fans). All it will take is setting pride aside, and if it's to viewed as a gimmick, it's a stunning gimmick!

IMO I really can't equate Laimbeer's success in the WNBA to having success in the NBA even though I think he has a lot to contribute in knowledge.
Wise Man, that's the bottom line!

What does Pistons Land have to lose with what could be Joe's last move or his best move?
GO PISTONS!!!
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 32 Empty Laimbeer

Post  lemonpen Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:46 pm

Just out of curiosity has any successful WNBA coach been welcomed to the NBA with open arms?? Didn't Michael Cooper also lead a team to a WNBA Ship then want back in.

Hummmmm, maybe the good old boys have a bone to pick with those involved with the Ladies League.

Last edited by lemonpen on Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 32 Empty Where has fan loyalty gone?

Post  Cool Bre Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:52 pm

Terry Foster's article proves one fact. Free agents do not want to play for the Detroit Pistons unless the money is right and they cannot go to the places they want to play. One of the problems with the way things are done in professional sports these days is the cold truth that the players could care less about the people who support them game in and game out. How many times have we heard from players that "this is a business". If that is true then why in hell do we die hard Piston fans give a rats ass about what happens to this franchise? My best hope is that the owners hire competent people to run the business that meaning they need to be real smart on player selections they get from the draft and even smarter when deciding to spend money on young players who have made some impact on other teams. I can't see Detroit bringing in some seasoned whore vet again. Management needs to select really good players who might show some loyalty to the team if they do become successful. Management must make things really attractive for those players who are not whores. Then I can still get behind the team even if they do not win it all. The way things are since Labron and his buddies signed with Miami, the NBA is not an attractive way to spend your emotion or money. This is an agents league and a place for whores to play basketball in a circus atmosphere. Is there any wonder that so many Detroit fans are turned off with pro basketball. Wow! Will Bynum wants to stay in Detroit and would be willing to sign a new contract. Is he a loyal person or is Detroit the only place he believes might be willing to sign him?

Cool Bre

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 32 Empty ZELJKO OBRADOVIC???

Post  deusXango Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:15 pm

Wise, now that's your gimmick hire. lol
If Slava Kravtsov was supposed to have a problem understanding what Lil' Larry was talking about (as did I), because of his lack of clear English skills, how in the world is a coach, with the same problem, going to communicate with a whole team?

If the candidates are down to two then wouldn't it have been more sensible to have written an article on the American and sidebarred with "and an European is being considered also?" The wagons are circling.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 32 Empty Laimbeer or any Newbie

Post  lemonpen Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:29 pm

Our history of incompentence has reached a point of chronic behavior. The mis-steps are evident, abundant, and repeated in every aspect of the bball business. Draft boo-boos, Free Agent F.U.B.A.R's, Ugly Trades for "Trojan Horses", Bum of the Month Head Coaches, even cases of boneheaded ownership interference both when things ARE and AIN't broke.

Just my opinion, but I'm totally against hiring another untested or even little tested head coach. Inclined or uninclined to do so, I believe Joe has missed the boat for considering Laims as Pistons HC. It's time to get this shyt right, and right now. Get someone with a track record. Someone with more than a few playoff runs. Someone that has handled both rooks and divas. Someone that can reference high points in a coaching career not just a playing career (Sorta like Joe is able to do at the executive level). Oh yeah, did I mention "Someone that has played the game". I don't care if it is a retread. A retread is more likely to get us up off of the mat in the short term, so the ref can stop counting and we can collect our wits. Our turnaround dosen't have to be meteoric, just immediate.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 32 Empty Knight and his future role on this Piston team

Post  cool breeze Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:30 pm

I have been reading some of the posts regarding Knight ability to handle the point guard duties in the future and if he is good enough to be a starter at that position or should come off the bench. Some thought should be placed on what Calderon brought to this team when he came in the trade. A lot of Piston fans thought that they would see a quick change in the way the team performed. I didn't see that happen. Calderon become more of a shooter on this team. Why? Because he adjusted to the players he was playing with. Same with Knight. How can we judge how well the point guard is playing when the coach has a dysfunctional system in place and many of the players cannot create space or know where to go on the floor in pick and roll situations etc? Too much thought is going into the effect of the point guard position on this individual team. There are many weaknesses in the other players games at this time. My thought this season was that too much off the offense was going through Monroe who made the most mistakes of any player on the team in most of the games. He was trying to do too much. And Knight was told from day one by coach Frank to push the tempo. He was playing too fast much of the time in respect to the players he was playing with when many of those turnovers occurred. One thing Knight said he was trying to improve on in his second season was defense. He dedicated himself to getting stronger and smarter on the defensive end during the summer. I think Knight is real smart and will become a great player in time regardless of where he is playing on the floor. But his natural position is point guard and that is where he wants to play. This summer he will concentrate on reducing turnovers and anticipating the way other players play the game in this league. Knight needs a good back up at point guard. We do not need a guy like Bynum and I worry that Dumars will sign him. Detroit needs a strong defensive point guard who can run the offense and is not a shoot first type of player coming off the bench. The starters need to establish a lead and the bench guys all need to be strong defenders who make few mistakes to hold any lead. That didn't happen much this season because Detroit had too many players who were weak defender shoot first type players. When those players give up easy baskets and miss shots or make turnovers trying to get their shots, the team cannot win. If you want to try to draw in fans to see the circus than sign guys like Bynum and Charlie V. Sorry Will I like you as a person but that is the truth.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 32 Empty Knight and his future role on this Piston team

Post  Oracle Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:57 pm

cool breeze wrote:I have been reading some of the posts regarding Knight ability to handle the point guard duties in the future and if he is good enough to be a starter at that position or should come off the bench. Some thought should be placed on what Calderon brought to this team when he came in the trade. A lot of Piston fans thought that they would see a quick change in the way the team performed. I didn't see that happen. Calderon become more of a shooter on this team. Why? Because he adjusted to the players he was playing with. Same with Knight. How can we judge how well the point guard is playing when the coach has a dysfunctional system in place and many of the players cannot create space or know where to go on the floor in pick and roll situations etc? Too much thought is going into the effect of the point guard position on this individual team. There are many weaknesses in the other players games at this time. My thought this season was that too much off the offense was going through Monroe who made the most mistakes of any player on the team in most of the games. He was trying to do too much. And Knight was told from day one by coach Frank to push the tempo. He was playing too fast much of the time in respect to the players he was playing with when many of those turnovers occurred. One thing Knight said he was trying to improve on in his second season was defense. He dedicated himself to getting stronger and smarter on the defensive end during the summer. I think Knight is real smart and will become a great player in time regardless of where he is playing on the floor. But his natural position is point guard and that is where he wants to play. This summer he will concentrate on reducing turnovers and anticipating the way other players play the game in this league. Knight needs a good back up at point guard. We do not need a guy like Bynum and I worry that Dumars will sign him. Detroit needs a strong defensive point guard who can run the offense and is not a shoot first type of player coming off the bench. The starters need to establish a lead and the bench guys all need to be strong defenders who make few mistakes to hold any lead. That didn't happen much this season because Detroit had too many players who were weak defender shoot first type players. When those players give up easy baskets and miss shots or make turnovers trying to get their shots, the team cannot win. If you want to try to draw in fans to see the circus than sign guys like Bynum and Charlie V. Sorry Will I like you as a person but that is the truth.

Don, that's exactly my point! It's hard to judge Knight based on a lot of factors, and the coming of Calderon and the way he had to adapt to the team proved that even a veteran PG was going to have problems.

IMO, it wasn't the players as much as it was the system that Calderon adapted to! Even with Maxiell in the lineup, we just never had a system designed for a PG to thrive. What the hell is a PG to do when we're just as likely to run ISO's as anything else?

However, my biggest quibble is that Knight has less than two full years of experience! It's silly to expect him to develop everything in that short a period of time. Next season will be more telling!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 32 Empty INSANE

Post  WTF Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:03 pm

deusXango wrote:Wise, now that's your gimmick hire. lol
If Slava Kravtsov was supposed to have a problem understanding what Lil' Larry was talking about (as did I), because of his lack of clear English skills, how in the world is a coach, with the same problem, going to communicate with a whole team?

If the candidates are down to two then wouldn't it have been more sensible to have written an article on the American and sidebarred with "and an European is being considered also?" The wagons are circling.

I would hope this is all a joke on part of the media.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 32 Empty Bold & Daring

Post  Oracle Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:09 pm

I don't think we need bold and daring, just measured and smart!

Bold and daring just smells of hail mary stuff, and Joe isn't in that situation! Making the playoffs in the east doesn't require a whole lot of talent, just decent talent, and superior coaching.

As Lemon said, in the coaching search, Laimbeer, newbies, or strange are out, we need a proven winner and a coach the players, media, and fans will respect on day one! That's not bold and daring, just smart.

As for Bosh, he is obviously the better player right now, but he has a lot of miles on that carcass! It would be a very short term move, and I don't even see that as an option, giving up on Monroe!

So while I do agree that Joe needs to perform or bust, I agree with that great philosopher who said today... Smile

"Our turnaround dosen't have to be meteoric, just immediate." - Lemonpen

Words for Joe to live by!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 32 Empty How do you spell class?

Post  Oracle Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:33 pm

DRUMMOND!

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 32 Empty Prince vs Chauncey

Post  Oracle Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:39 pm

I don't know why, but I'm rooting for the Grizz to take down the Clips!

However, the Grizz are suffering from the problems of having a short guard in Mike Conley(6'1), as the Clippers guards just took turns abusing him!

Paul just took him anytime he wanted, and Chauncey just backed him down and scored easily, while Dooling did anything he wanted!

The problem is that against a good team like the Clippers, you can't double too much because Paul & Chauncey will find the open man and you'll get burned anyway.

Conley is going to have to get better defensively, or it's over!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 32 Empty How do you spell class?

Post  deusXango Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:45 pm

Damn, Oracle!! Can you believe a 19 year old, raw, lazy, uninspired kid that went #9 in the draft could hit this town with the impact that Drummond has? All the things he was, we found out he wasn't, and all the things he wasn't, we found out he was. Not only is he a supremely gifted athlete, but a truly humble, thoughtful, and classy human being. I'm so glad he's here! Thanks for sharing that.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 32 Empty Lindsey Hunter, possible Pistons coaching candidate?

Post  deusXango Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:59 pm

No sh!t. How does this clown rerun keep his job, and how serious is this clown Joe about keeping his?
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 32 Empty Lindsey Hunter, possible Pistons coaching candidate?

Post  Oracle Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:57 pm

deusXango wrote:No sh!t. How does this clown rerun keep his job, and how serious is this clown Joe about keeping his?

DX, don't take this crazy speculation by the media to mean anything!

These guys have to print something to justify their existence, so they fill the void with a bunch of stupid crap because they can't do any logical analysis of the situation!

It's a sad commentary on the state of sports reporting, but don't put their stupidity on Joe, he can't control these clowns!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 32 Empty From Bleacher Report, and I agree!!!

Post  Oracle Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:27 am

Trey Burke, Point Guard, Michigan

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]

Strengths

Trey Burke is without question the best point guard in this year's draft class.

He is a tremendous court leader and a proven winner.

As a point guard, he has tons of ability. His court vision is fantastic, his passing ability is already next level and his offensive instincts are off the charts.

He has shooting range that extends beyond NBA three-point range and the quickness to get to the hoop whenever he wants.

He is a superb finisher who can absorb punishment yet still get off high-percentage shots.

He is still working on his running tear drops, but his mid-range game is already pro-caliber.

Defensively, he has tremendous instincts, surprising athleticism and excellent leaping ability. He also has the drive and desire to shut down his opponents when he wants to, as evidenced by the 10-second violation he forced during crunch time in the NCAA tournament.

He plays the passing lanes well and could become a good thief at the next level.

Weaknesses

Burke's game only has one weakness: He lacks the ideal size that general managers would like to see in their point guards.

While the point guard position has evolved into a 6'2 and taller club, Burke is just a shade over six feet. He also lacks upper and lower body bulk, which could lead to injuries at the next level.

Critics point to the pounding he took in the NCAA tournament, particularly against Louisville.

But durability has never been an issue for Burke, and plenty of point guards his size in the league have flourished, including Chris Paul.

Is he a fit for Detroit?

If Burke were selected, what would happen to Brandon Knight? A starting backcourt of Burke and Knight would be a defensive liability, as they would be overpowered on a nightly basis.

So if the Pistons decide to draft Burke, they would likely have to bring in a different shooting guard (ideally an athletic defender like Tony Allen) and have Knight come off the bench.

This is far from a bad idea, as Knight may flourish in a Jason Terry type of role.

Burke could be the leader that the Pistons have craved since Chauncey Billups left town, and he would immediately infuse some new life into the Palace of Auburn Hills. The Pistons have been struggling to fill the seats at the Palace, and Burke would immediately insert some excitement.

I also like the idea of Burke doing for Greg Monroe and Andre Drummond what he did for Mitch McGary in the NCAA tournament.

This team would immediately become more intense and more efficient, as Burke rarely turns the ball over.

He could be an ideal fit for the Pistons.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 32 Empty Finally, a breath of sanity.

Post  deusXango Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:35 am

A New York rag (New York of all places) is reporting that Nate McMillan is the frontrunner to replace Lawrence Frank as the Pistons next head coach; their article is supposedly based on a reputable source privy to the Pistons plans. Why in the hell can't the local writers like Goodwill and Ellis get this type of information and report on it, instead of making up fairy tales?

I'm fine with the prospect of McMillan coming to town, now it's time to start jockeying for position to draft Burke; now's the time to start working on turning those two second round picks into a first rounder. It may sound like I'm advocating being premature, but actually I'm thinking about what the Pistons can do to appeal to top tier FA's and their agents when signing time comes around.

I read a piece where it was speculated that the Pistons would be going after Corey Brewer in free agency; Brewer has enjoyed a good year, but he ain't no top tier FA, Smith is! Why no one seems to like him coming to Detroit I don't know.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 32 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  merc Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:43 am

McMillan Front Runner...
[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 32 Empty McMillan Gaining Knowledge

Post  merc Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:49 am