FORUM

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The right mix

Post  Oracle on Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:52 pm

Merc, that was a good post on a lot of levels!

I share your concern on Calderon! IMO, we need to just let him walk, and I don't say that easily because the man can shoot the rock almost as well as he can dish it! However, this is about the future, and you're absolutely correct, somebody needs to get in Knight's grill and tell him it's sh!t or get off the pot time as a PG!

Knight has all the tools to be successful at PG! He can shoot the rock, he can attack the basket, and he's fast & quick. What he doesn't do is utilize those skills with a purpose!

Knight needs to attack the basket with one single purpose... to attract attention so that he can dish the ball to his mates for the assist! Only if no one is open should he attempt to score. his ability to disrupt will all but guarantee that someone is open for a easier shot.

If he can just do that, he'll be surprised that he can still average 12-17 PPG with a healthy assist number. Zeke's teams got better when his scoring went down because it's the distribution or balance as Merc pointed out that makes great teams!

On Monroe, it truly is a bit early to say what he can't do, and I know I've been guilty, but on reflection, I have to believe that he at the least needs another year, and one playing with Drummond, to see what he really has.

The biggest tradegy is that Frank put off doing that early on, and fate sealed our opportunity to see them play together for extended periods! That move set this team back a lot!

And as Seb said, another lost opportunity of not having Drummond in the starting lineup was that knight couldn't become the PG he could have been with an athletic big man in the lineup! That honor went to Stuckey then Bynum, who both thrived!

We've all said how important having a true bigman in the lineup helps all of the players! We finally get one, and they don't play him with the players that I would suspect would form the team of the future.

Fortunately the future is truly bright, but only if the clown act leaves town, and it's not all Frank, Joe has responsibility here too!
avatar
Oracle

Posts : 5970
Join date : 2011-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FORUM

Post  merc on Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:43 pm

Oracle wrote:On Monroe, it truly is a bit early to say what he can't do, and I know I've been guilty, but on reflection, I have to believe that he at the least needs another year, and one playing with Drummond, to see what he really has.
Definitely agree with this... don't think there is any question that his shooting will improve (it's almost respectable now)... again I'm torn... would like the G.M. / Dre pairing to get started... yet it may cost us a quality pick... the bigger concern is lateral foot speed... Drummond can only cover so much while his primary responsibility stands unguarded under the rim.
If we convert G.M. into a "super sub" (same minutes) he may walk during free agency... we'll have one year to decide if he will be worth near max $'s
avatar
merc

Posts : 1064
Join date : 2011-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

WOW Factor

Post  Phil1980boy on Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:01 pm

I was talking to one of Bill's former WNBA players the other day and she said how she loved playing for Bill. It was A very wide open system where he let the talent take over with out all the baby sitting.

I don't see L.Frank losing his job at this point. But next season will be A major season for Frank and Joe. Joe has the cash and everybody wants to see if he going to **** it up again or will be make gold on all this cap money.

Will Frank be able to mix the young talent and make it work?

To me the most important question is this. Is Brandon Knight your Point Guard moving forward? Yes or No?

avatar
Phil1980boy

Posts : 795
Join date : 2012-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

FOUNTAIN OF YOUTH PERHAPS

Post  WTF on Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:11 pm

Oracle wrote:
WISEFAN wrote:Since then, the 70-year-old Sloan has expressed interest in returning to coaching, but he turned down an offer to coach the Charlotte Bobcats last summer and then was passed over by the Portland Trail Blazers in their search for a new coach. - Nov 2012

We need to find out what the Bobcats did and do three times better. Just not sure how much Sloan has left in him or if Joe would give him the roster needed to get the job done. Many of you seem to think we're on the cusp of some kind of great turn-around but we're not remotely close with the abundance of average to below average talent of this team.

I agree that at seasons end Frank needs to be fired, but a new coach needs to be hired immediately (Sloan) and that Joe needs to back off and allow him to select the next draft pick, back off and allow him to bring in own staff without any of the previous assistant being allowed to stay (No Hold-Overs). Sloan shouldn't just be hired as the next new coach but as GM as well so that he is making both coaching and personel decisions. At this point Joe should only see that the checks are signed by Gores. This is what will entice players like Smith to want to come here and play.

Many often ask the question who's better? who can we replace Joe with? IMO it coaches like Sloan who are far more better evaluators of talent than Joe ever will be or been. There's been this whole mis-conception of hiring coaches to do what Joe think will work when it should be about drafting and acquiring players that fits what a coach wants to do. This is not a new concept. facepalm

Offer Sloan a 5 year deal at the minimum of 7 millions a season. That's the Wow this team requires

I don't know wise, Sloan may be the closest thing to having a corpse on the bench coaching!

I like Nate or Laimbeer! I actually believe they are the two most logical!

Age could be a concern long term but what better place to resurrect both a coach and a franchise. While plenty coaches would be an upgrade to Frank neither Bill or Nate offer guarantees as well, bigger issue is Joe won't take a back seat to either but perhaps respects Sloan enough to yield to his experience and relinguish his GM duties.

I'm not knocking Bill or Nate as choices but I would be willing to give Ewing his 1st coaching gig over Bill or Nate.
avatar
WTF

Posts : 3998
Join date : 2011-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Wise, no more rookies!

Post  Oracle on Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:48 pm

"I'm not knocking Bill or Nate as choices but I would be willing to give Ewing his 1st coaching gig over Bill or Nate." - Wise

I know that we can't live through another rookie coach!

Neither Nate or Laims would take Joes sh!t for long! The attractive thing about both of them is that they'll go out doing it their way, and won't be afraid(after taking all they could take) to do so!

IMO, Joe is sitting in a safe sear for one more campaign! He can keep Frank if he wants to, but both of their fates will be connected at the hip!

I know Frank loves his wife, but if he's going to be a real coach, he's going to have to remove Joe's finger out of his arse(yeah, I'm implying that Frank may be a maggot, lol)!
avatar
Oracle

Posts : 5970
Join date : 2011-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Are you effing kidding me???

Post  Oracle on Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:57 pm

Detroit Pistons’ Coach Lawrence Frank Baffled With Team’s Poor Defensive Play

Here is where I miss Flip's masterful defensive mind!

Flip prolonged our core groups effectiveness with his modified zone defense that was just brilliant!

Frank's defense, such as it is, relies on brute force, not thinking about how best to utilize the available talent with well thought out schemes.

I was shocked to see a zone last game, for all of one play I think! I guess a through ass kicking will send you to a zone, but it shouldn't be an all or nothing situation.

This team would benefit from a modified zone, especially with Calderon as the PG because once your perimeter defense starts leaking like a sieve, all hell breaks loose!
avatar
Oracle

Posts : 5970
Join date : 2011-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FORUM

Post  merc on Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:28 pm

No more rookie coaches... we had to learn our lesson after the last two... after a couple years of success maybe... we need someone with playoff experience and a decent track record.... I'm not toeing the forum company line here... it could still be Frank with the right roster (not a bunch of rookies and misfits).
avatar
merc

Posts : 1064
Join date : 2011-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FORUM

Post  cool breeze on Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:40 pm

WISEFAN wrote:
Oracle wrote:
WISEFAN wrote:Since then, the 70-year-old Sloan has expressed interest in returning to coaching, but he turned down an offer to coach the Charlotte Bobcats last summer and then was passed over by the Portland Trail Blazers in their search for a new coach. - Nov 2012

We need to find out what the Bobcats did and do three times better. Just not sure how much Sloan has left in him or if Joe would give him the roster needed to get the job done. Many of you seem to think we're on the cusp of some kind of great turn-around but we're not remotely close with the abundance of average to below average talent of this team.

I agree that at seasons end Frank needs to be fired, but a new coach needs to be hired immediately (Sloan) and that Joe needs to back off and allow him to select the next draft pick, back off and allow him to bring in own staff without any of the previous assistant being allowed to stay (No Hold-Overs). Sloan shouldn't just be hired as the next new coach but as GM as well so that he is making both coaching and personel decisions. At this point Joe should only see that the checks are signed by Gores. This is what will entice players like Smith to want to come here and play.

Many often ask the question who's better? who can we replace Joe with? IMO it coaches like Sloan who are far more better evaluators of talent than Joe ever will be or been. There's been this whole mis-conception of hiring coaches to do what Joe think will work when it should be about drafting and acquiring players that fits what a coach wants to do. This is not a new concept. facepalm

Offer Sloan a 5 year deal at the minimum of 7 millions a season. That's the Wow this team requires

I don't know wise, Sloan may be the closest thing to having a corpse on the bench coaching!

I like Nate or Laimbeer! I actually believe they are the two most logical!

Age could be a concern long term but what better place to resurrect both a coach and a franchise. While plenty coaches would be an upgrade to Frank neither Bill or Nate offer guarantees as well, bigger issue is Joe won't take a back seat to either but perhaps respects Sloan enough to yield to his experience and relinguish his GM duties.

I'm not knocking Bill or Nate as choices but I would be willing to give Ewing his 1st coaching gig over Bill or Nate.

Oracle Jerry Sloan would be a great improvement. He has always been a winner and will not put up with nonsense from his players. Sloan is still in great condition most likely in better shape and health than a lot of prospective coaches.

Wisefan please don't bring up Patrick Ewing's name. Do you know anything about Ewing's ability as a coach? Ewing would be a nightmare coach for the Pistons. Could he coach a high school team or college team successfully? No way he could last a season. I doubt that he is really an effective big man coach. His communication skills are not just there Wisefan. But he could create some fear in the players I guess with those facial expressions he used to make as a player. Frank is failing because he insists on using a system that doesn't fit his players. He expects too much from Monroe on both ends of the floor. Monroe tries to do too much and that caused massive problems with the entire team. Frank still hasn't been able to find a way to keep Monroe in the paint on defense. He wonders off much like Charlie V. All teams in the league know that and exploit it. The bottom line is Detroit needs stronger and more athletic players who don't mind playing defense. This is Joe Dumars fault more than anyone. When the rule changes took place years ago, Joe's philosopy changed and he decided that defense was no longer important. The Piston organization as suffered since with his decisions alone. If fingers need to be pointed at anyone, then Big Joe Dumars should be taking responsibility instead of the 3 coaching staffs he hired. With that said, Frank is not a good coach and has no business coaching the Detroit Pistons. Players, coaches and the big guy, Joe D are to blame. It will still take 2 or 3 more years to get this team competitive again.

Wisefan

cool breeze

Posts : 2469
Join date : 2011-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FORUM

Post  cool breeze on Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:49 pm

Sebastian wrote:
deusXango wrote:Sebastian, surely you jest; Lil' Larry let "Pistons Pride" come out of his mouth? What has he done to contribute to Pistons Pride; what does he know about it? Tell me you're lying on the man. I know that what you say is true because that's his M.O.; talking sh!t out the side of his neck. There are fans in the stands that have and know more about Pistons Pride than he ever will. Poor coaching ploy if you ask me, and an insult to those who've come before him and labored hard to establish Pistons Pride.

DX, here is the link (mlive.com not detnews.com) to the article where L. Frank said: "From a big-picture standpoint, I think the thing we have to restore is pride in being a Piston, ... .As we've struggled post-All-Star break, that's one of the things that stands out. When you have time to reflect and whatever, that's something that stands out to me."

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]


Maybe Piston players could have more pride in wearing the uniform if they didn't have coaches who appear to be sleeping during the games. All season long, Frank has had a puzzled expression on his face as he walks the sidelines. Does he have anyting going on in that head? It didn't appear so because he never made any adjustments to his rotation based on the facts of the game. I can't believe that any of the players have confidence in him regarding game time coaching ability. How can someone like Frank get hired as head coach or as an assistant coach? It is beyond me. I also believe the same is true about the two coaching staffs before Frank's. Is it time for Joe Dumars to leave this organization and allow someone else to plan for the future?

cool breeze

Posts : 2469
Join date : 2011-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Why does everyone have so much faith in Drummond as being the key guy to return the Piston organization to glory?

Post  cool breeze on Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:01 pm

I have wondered, what if Drummond has not been injured? Drummond might have fallen way out of everyone's dream type player if that hadn't happened. With Knight being injured, this team has no leadership. Was Drummond a leader before his injury? No, I still see Drummond as a project who is maybe two years away from being a force in the league. He was never in great shape this season. Can you recall the way Drummond ran the court when he was healthy? Drummond is still one of those players who has no idea what it takes to become a real impact player consistantly. We have witnessed great moments from him but he never did show consistancy. But I think he was a great draft pick with huge potential. He just is not ready to become "The Man". Is he an improvement over guys like Maxiell and the others who have attempted to play defense in the paint? YES YES YES! But the other Piston big men are just horrible defenders and that includes Monroe.

Right now I am content to see Detroit lose every damn game for the rest of the season so we might score a quality player in the draft. That is our best hope right now. I do not trust Joe Dumars to make great decisons regarding free agents. And if there is a new coaching staff then they need to spend a lot of time with both Drummond and Monroe to get them up to speed relating to conditioning. How do Detroit players get away with being out of shape? I have to be honest. I see Piston players who look tired.

cool breeze

Posts : 2469
Join date : 2011-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Stuff

Post  Oracle on Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:31 pm

@Don - Ok, I'll take your word on Sloan, but if I had to pick, I'd want a younger coach!

We're in total agreement about Frank, he doesn't belong coaching any NBA team, unless it's the Heat, where I guarantee that even Frank will be a bigtime winner! But if he has to think, he won't be able to coach his way out of the gym!

Finally, you're wrong about how Drummond would have finished the season! I'm fully confident that he would have improved until the end, and made Bynum look better than he is!

I also disagree about the time it will take to develop him. You say he is 2 years away, but I see it more like 3 minimum, but most likely 5 years! I say that from experiencing Shaq. Shaq took about 5 years before he finally became the man, the big dog!

That doesn't mean Drummond won't be better than a lot of centers along the way, but in 5 years, he won't fear anyone, and his body will be approaching its peak, but his talent is real, and you're right, it needs training to reach its maximum.

@Merc - No need to tow the forum line on Frank! We can disagree on this one, but you retain a healthy dose of respect from all of us! I know Frank is another coach caught up in the meat grinder, and losing the only player who had coaching potential on the court in Prince doesn't help, but it is what it is!

I believe you're in good company with Lemonpen, who also believes that Frank would thrive with a better roster. I don't disagree with that, but he just hasn't show me anything this year, where as last year he finished so strong, I was all for him early on!
avatar
Oracle

Posts : 5970
Join date : 2011-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Holy Crap, something is brewing in Denver!

Post  Oracle on Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:38 pm

Durant & Westbrook score 59 points AT HOME, and Denver kicks them to the curb by 10 points(114-104) in OKC!

Big win for Denver, and soul searching for the Hardin-less OKC!
avatar
Oracle

Posts : 5970
Join date : 2011-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

LET'S DO SOME HONEST SOUL SEARCHING

Post  deusXango on Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:26 am

Since the beginning of the season Lil' Larry has found fault with the Pistons play (even when they won) and now he's frustrated with their performances since the All-Star break. My question is, why does he want to "coach" this team? There's only two players he seemingly has faith in and they're both far end of the bench players on a competing team (Maxiell and Singler), so why does he want to make a mockery of his coaching record by sticking with a team that he doesn't care for; all the evidence points to the fact that he doesn't care for this team. For all the Lil' Larry supporters, think about that with an open mind.
avatar
deusXango

Posts : 2694
Join date : 2011-12-21
Location : Oaxaca, Mexico

View user profile

Back to top Go down

It's fair for Frank to get on the players!

Post  Oracle on Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:25 am

I'd have even less respect for Frank if he took the play we saw in the Nets game, and gave them a pass!

Their play was horrible and deserves everything bad anyone can say about it. As Don said, it was the worst defensive performance he's seen this year, and I would go further and say it's the worst I've seen here in MANY years!

So if Frank isn't frustrated and pissed off, he wouldn't even qualify as a ball boy! So that's fair game!

Unfortunately, while this was bad, we've seen a lot of this to date, so the question becomes WTF has Frank done about it all season?

The answer is NOTHING! When guys don't deliver, he doesn't sit their arses down, he sits down the guys that produce!

That's been the most baffling thing about Frank to me, and he baffles me regularly!

Why has it been that when guys start to perform at a high level, Frank decides it's time to stop that stuff and do something that either disrupts the good flow, or sit the guy that performed for extended periods of time!

This odd pattern has played out all year, and if conspiracies were my game, and trust me, I'll float a good one if I believe it, you'd think Frank has orders to not do so well this season.

Unfortunately he's succeeded beyond even Joe's wildest dreams, and some of those dreams involve busty girls, squirting doughnuts on a big red bed, and cameras were involved!
avatar
Oracle

Posts : 5970
Join date : 2011-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Great breakdown on Monroe

Post  Oracle on Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:42 am

Merc, you're going to love this one because it raises a lot of the concerns we all have with Monroe, but comes to the conclusion that we came to.

However, he really lamented the injury to Drummond because it would have told us so much more before Joe has to start spending.

Monroe is under the spotlight, but Knight is as well for other reasons. Fortunately for Knight, he still has a year before we really have to fidh or cut bait!

I'm almost guaranteeing that we'll see a different Knight next year, he's too smart to not have learned a great lesson this year where he came in over confident(Monroe too), and they got their arses surprised!

Here's the article: Has Greg Monroe Hit His Ceiling Already for Detroit Pistons?
avatar
Oracle

Posts : 5970
Join date : 2011-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Lil Larry

Post  Murph on Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:05 am

deusXango wrote:Since the beginning of the season Lil' Larry has found fault with the Pistons play (even when they won) and now he's frustrated with their performances since the All-Star break. My question is, why does he want to "coach" this team? There's only two players he seemingly has faith in and they're both far end of the bench players on a competing team (Maxiell and Singler), so why does he want to make a mockery of his coaching record by sticking with a team that he doesn't care for; all the evidence points to the fact that he doesn't care for this team. For all the Lil' Larry supporters, think about that with an open mind.

DX...you make some very good points.

But in all fairness, except for Tom Gores and his people, no one really wanted Lil Larry. I guess Feldman and Hayes gave Lil Larry a luke warm endorsement before he was hired, but even they're losing interest in him now.

And you know what the funniest part is? Lil Larry's critics have always pointed out how his teams never improve, and almost always get worse. After the disasterous John Kuester tenure, I didn't think that was possile. After Q-Ball, I thought surely this team is so bad that even Lil Larry can't do any more damage. Ha! Was I wrong.

This team is playing significantly worse than even last year's debacle. Last year our winning percentage was .379, making us the 22nd worst team in the NBA. This year we're playing at a .333 clip, making us the 26th worst team in the NBA.

I mean how much more proof do we need that Lil Larry's gotta go? scratch
avatar
Murph

Posts : 947
Join date : 2011-12-13
Age : 56
Location : Wilton, CT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

RELENTLESS

Post  WTF on Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:29 am

deusXango wrote:Since the beginning of the season Lil' Larry has found fault with the Pistons play (even when they won) and now he's frustrated with their performances since the All-Star break. My question is, why does he want to "coach" this team? There's only two players he seemingly has faith in and they're both far end of the bench players on a competing team (Maxiell and Singler), so why does he want to make a mockery of his coaching record by sticking with a team that he doesn't care for; all the evidence points to the fact that he doesn't care for this team. For all the Lil' Larry supporters, think about that with an open mind.

With an open mind or with one that's full of wonders and adventures? Really DX come on LB went to the Finals twice and never had much positive to say about the team. There are coaches who will never be happy with a win, hell we as fans would sit and find fault in a win (cool does it all the time).

BTW I don't think there is one Lil Support on the forum
avatar
WTF

Posts : 3998
Join date : 2011-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

THE ANTI-RABBITS FOOT

Post  deusXango on Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:44 am

I know that there are some posters who'll say, "there he goes again," and skip over this post but, sad as it seems, it may well be the truest post I've made lately; since Rodney Stuckey has been designated the face of the Pistons, the PG of the future, and given the ball by Joe and told that this was his team, the franchise has gone downhill ever since.

Big, strong, and fast have been the selling points for Stuckey to attack the basket, all while ignoring his team mates; the hype machine has over-stated his ability to out muscle opposing PG's going to the basket but, we almost never see him posting up other PG's, and he's never been a decent finisher at the rim. Where has his size helped him to see the floor better, leading to a high assist output? 6 years in with the majority of the time spent with "the ball in his hands," when is he going to average 20+ pts. per game? Damn being the second coming of D-Wade, when's he going to be another Deron Williams? When his team mates stand around watching him play his game (which has been sanctioned from on high), and average 16 pts. (the majority of which comes from the line), it's hard to establish an offensive flow. Hell we're talking about Knight sh!tt!ng or getting off the pot but, we're still waiting and hoping Stuckey comes around (unless you're George Blaha who thinks he's arrived); Knight was a lottery pick and Stuckey was a #15 pick! Where is the evidence that we got luckey and grabbed an elite player at #15?

Joe has not only cleared the deck for this man to be the focal point by trading the floor general and All-Star guard (Billips) for an expiring contract, we're told but, he gave away a far superior guard, with a defined position, sound work habits, and leadership qualities that we could have used in Aaron Afflalo. Neither Allen Iverson or Ben Gordon presented the element that Billips brought to the team, and Stuckey has been responsible for the logjam with our SG's and the main excuse for not going after a true and promising PG in the draft (Ty Lawson, Djrue Holiday, Darren Collison, etc.). The coaching hires have, IMHO, been "coaches" that would "toe the line" and play Stuckey prominately, even though it highlighted the fact that the teams roster was out of balance (which was blamed on Karen Davidson and the pending sale of the team), and we desperately needed a traditional PG. Joe shot his self in the foot and Stuckey was the gun that fired the shot.

Keeping it simple and stating a true fact; the Pistons record has gone down every year, in every area, since Stuckey's arrival.
avatar
deusXango

Posts : 2694
Join date : 2011-12-21
Location : Oaxaca, Mexico

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Lil Larry

Post  deusXango on Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:50 am

Murph wrote:
deusXango wrote:Since the beginning of the season Lil' Larry has found fault with the Pistons play (even when they won) and now he's frustrated with their performances since the All-Star break. My question is, why does he want to "coach" this team? There's only two players he seemingly has faith in and they're both far end of the bench players on a competing team (Maxiell and Singler), so why does he want to make a mockery of his coaching record by sticking with a team that he doesn't care for; all the evidence points to the fact that he doesn't care for this team. For all the Lil' Larry supporters, think about that with an open mind.

DX...you make some very good points.

But in all fairness, except for Tom Gores and his people, no one really wanted Lil Larry. I guess Feldman and Hayes gave Lil Larry a luke warm endorsement before he was hired, but even they're losing interest in him now.

And you know what the funniest part is? Lil Larry's critics have always pointed out how his teams never improve, and almost always get worse. After the disasterous John Kuester tenure, I didn't think that was possile. After Q-Ball, I thought surely this team is so bad that even Lil Larry can't do any more damage. Ha! Was I wrong.

This team is playing significantly worse than even last year's debacle. Last year our winning percentage was .379, making us the 22nd worst team in the NBA. This year we're playing at a .333 clip, making us the 26th worst team in the NBA.

I mean how much more proof do we need that Lil Larry's gotta go? scratch
Thanks Murph, because Wise is ready to take me to the wood shed over this guy. I love the fact that you make your arguements backed by facts.
avatar
deusXango

Posts : 2694
Join date : 2011-12-21
Location : Oaxaca, Mexico

View user profile

Back to top Go down

We Should Trade Him This Summer

Post  WTF on Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:00 am

Oracle wrote:Merc, you're going to love this one because it raises a lot of the concerns we all have with Monroe, but comes to the conclusion that we came to.

However, he really lamented the injury to Drummond because it would have told us so much more before Joe has to start spending.

Monroe is under the spotlight, but Knight is as well for other reasons. Fortunately for Knight, he still has a year before we really have to fidh or cut bait!

I'm almost guaranteeing that we'll see a different Knight next year, he's too smart to not have learned a great lesson this year where he came in over confident(Monroe too), and they got their arses surprised!

Here's the article: Has Greg Monroe Hit His Ceiling Already for Detroit Pistons?

This is why I'm always harping on the unmeasureable intangibles, you can see it but you just can't measure it. Monroe numbers should be clser to 20 and 12 even with the issues in his current game offensively. You simply can't measure heart nor passion because its usually an all or nothing proposition with having heart. He has all this talent but does not dominate games, he shy's away from being a go to guy in clutch situations, he fumbles the ball like a hot potato when in pressure situations and lazy with the ball. He really has no insentive want to improve on his games and I doubt if he grows a pair any time soon.
avatar
WTF

Posts : 3998
Join date : 2011-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

There He Goes Again LOL!

Post  WTF on Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:16 am

deusXango wrote:I know that there are some posters who'll say, "there he goes again," and skip over this post but, sad as it seems, it may well be the truest post I've made lately; since Rodney Stuckey has been designated the face of the Pistons, the PG of the future, and given the ball by Joe and told that this was his team, the franchise has gone downhill ever since.

Big, strong, and fast have been the selling points for Stuckey to attack the basket, all while ignoring his team mates; the hype machine has over-stated his ability to out muscle opposing PG's going to the basket but, we almost never see him posting up other PG's, and he's never been a decent finisher at the rim. Where has his size helped him to see the floor better, leading to a high assist output? 6 years in with the majority of the time spent with "the ball in his hands," when is he going to average 20+ pts. per game? Damn being the second coming of D-Wade, when's he going to be another Deron Williams? When his team mates stand around watching him play his game (which has been sanctioned from on high), and average 16 pts. (the majority of which comes from the line), it's hard to establish an offensive flow. Hell we're talking about Knight sh!tt!ng or getting off the pot but, we're still waiting and hoping Stuckey comes around (unless you're George Blaha who thinks he's arrived); Knight was a lottery pick and Stuckey was a #15 pick! Where is the evidence that we got luckey and grabbed an elite player at #15?

Joe has not only cleared the deck for this man to be the focal point by trading the floor general and All-Star guard (Billips) for an expiring contract, we're told but, he gave away a far superior guard, with a defined position, sound work habits, and leadership qualities that we could have used in Aaron Afflalo. Neither Allen Iverson or Ben Gordon presented the element that Billips brought to the team, and Stuckey has been responsible for the logjam with our SG's and the main excuse for not going after a true and promising PG in the draft (Ty Lawson, Djrue Holiday, Darren Collison, etc.). The coaching hires have, IMHO, been "coaches" that would "toe the line" and play Stuckey prominately, even though it highlighted the fact that the teams roster was out of balance (which was blamed on Karen Davidson and the pending sale of the team), and we desperately needed a traditional PG. Joe shot his self in the foot and Stuckey was the gun that fired the shot.

Keeping it simple and stating a true fact; the Pistons record has gone down every year, in every area, since Stuckey's arrival.

No DX you can't have it every which way but loose Smile It all Lil Larry fault remember so you can't blame players
avatar
WTF

Posts : 3998
Join date : 2011-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

STUFF

Post  WTF on Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:09 pm

Dept Of Good News - Bad News: Good News being that the Pistons will end Miami's win streak, the Bad News is they're still a Sh!tty Team. Just another one of those gut feelings lol!

Off Topic: I swear befor it's all said and done I'll just be a NHL fan. WTF wrong with the NFL? I guess this is a attempt by owners to get those silly law suits off their backs, but this new RB Rule being voted on is makes no common sense. Although I think the NFL needs to invest more in helmet technology and safer lighter pads and body protection by no means can you blame them for what's always been a dangerously violent sport. Players know the risk coming in, it could be one play that could change their career or how they live out the remainder of their lives.

Hoosier: I would love to see the Wolverines win it all (It's Possible) but if not a Title by any of the Big Ten teams validates the entire conference. I think the Wolverines, Buckeyes, Spartans are a shoe in for the Elite 8, the Badgers may be there as well.

avatar
WTF

Posts : 3998
Join date : 2011-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FORUM

Post  deusXango on Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:52 pm

WISEFAN wrote:
deusXango wrote:I know that there are some posters who'll say, "there he goes again," and skip over this post but, sad as it seems, it may well be the truest post I've made lately; since Rodney Stuckey has been designated the face of the Pistons, the PG of the future, and given the ball by Joe and told that this was his team, the franchise has gone downhill ever since.

Big, strong, and fast have been the selling points for Stuckey to attack the basket, all while ignoring his team mates; the hype machine has over-stated his ability to out muscle opposing PG's going to the basket but, we almost never see him posting up other PG's, and he's never been a decent finisher at the rim. Where has his size helped him to see the floor better, leading to a high assist output? 6 years in with the majority of the time spent with "the ball in his hands," when is he going to average 20+ pts. per game? Damn being the second coming of D-Wade, when's he going to be another Deron Williams? When his team mates stand around watching him play his game (which has been sanctioned from on high), and average 16 pts. (the majority of which comes from the line), it's hard to establish an offensive flow. Hell we're talking about Knight sh!tt!ng or getting off the pot but, we're still waiting and hoping Stuckey comes around (unless you're George Blaha who thinks he's arrived); Knight was a lottery pick and Stuckey was a #15 pick! Where is the evidence that we got luckey and grabbed an elite player at #15?

Joe has not only cleared the deck for this man to be the focal point by trading the floor general and All-Star guard (Billips) for an expiring contract, we're told but, he gave away a far superior guard, with a defined position, sound work habits, and leadership qualities that we could have used in Aaron Afflalo. Neither Allen Iverson or Ben Gordon presented the element that Billips brought to the team, and Stuckey has been responsible for the logjam with our SG's and the main excuse for not going after a true and promising PG in the draft (Ty Lawson, Djrue Holiday, Darren Collison, etc.). The coaching hires have, IMHO, been "coaches" that would "toe the line" and play Stuckey prominately, even though it highlighted the fact that the teams roster was out of balance (which was blamed on Karen Davidson and the pending sale of the team), and we desperately needed a traditional PG. Joe shot his self in the foot and Stuckey was the gun that fired the shot.

Keeping it simple and stating a true fact; the Pistons record has gone down every year, in every area, since Stuckey's arrival.

No DX you can't have it every which way but loose Smile It all Lil Larry fault remember so you can't blame players
Wise, you're a hoot, you know that? lol
Barnum & Bailey ain't got nothing on the "Joe Dumars Traveling Clown Review."
avatar
deusXango

Posts : 2694
Join date : 2011-12-21
Location : Oaxaca, Mexico

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Good Stuff Guys

Post  lemonpen on Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:04 pm

Good reading all over the place.

Moose: He has some work to do before considering himself worthy of a max extension. He can get there with an improved J and greater strength. He is smart enough to become a bit more savy on D.

BK7: He will have some leeway if Joe keeps or brings on a pass forst PG. There is clearly one big advantage to having BK as the SG over Stuckey, and that is movement off of the ball. BK runs like Rip did which opens avenues for passes to others on slip screens and such. BK seems to take well to the activity and JC seems to run a more varied show as a result.

JC: I'm ok with keeping him, but not if we keep Stuckey. Why have a pass-first PG and a SG who is helpless without the ball in his hands. We will eventually have two frustrated and less productive players.

Draft: Make the top priority a badass SF. Someone that defenses have to shade toward. A real gunner. A guy that can gun off of the dribble, off of the catch, off of the rebound, in transition, from the lockeroom, off the team plane, with the initials GNR, with a custome liscense plate of GUNNER. And we will call him ................ BUCKETS. lol

Stuckey: Draft day trade. Want him gone B4 free agency opens. He has a history of complaining over PT and how hw is used. Enough already.

CV: He is Mr. Special. Charlie (his contract anyway) is gonna be a trade deadline gift helping bring the final piece required to get us into the 2nd round of the 2014 playoffs. Chuck and Duck is finally gonna pay dividends.

Coach Frank: It sure has been ugly. His spidy senses better be tingling "no slo start, no slo start, no slo start, no slo start ......................

Joe: see Coach Frank. Gores didn't become filthy rich by rolling with the patience of a Saint.

2012-2013: Lately these games are helping make me and Mrs. Lemonpen a closer couple. Damn Damn Damn !!!
avatar
lemonpen

Posts : 913
Join date : 2011-12-27
Location : Southfield, MI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FORUM

Post  lemonpen on Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:07 pm

WISEFAN wrote:Dept Of Good News - Bad News: Good News being that the Pistons will end Miami's win streak, the Bad News is they're still a Sh!tty Team. Just another one of those gut feelings lol!

Off Topic: I swear befor it's all said and done I'll just be a NHL fan. WTF wrong with the NFL? I guess this is a attempt by owners to get those silly law suits off their backs, but this new RB Rule being voted on is makes no common sense. Although I think the NFL needs to invest more in helmet technology and safer lighter pads and body protection by no means can you blame them for what's always been a dangerously violent sport. Players know the risk coming in, it could be one play that could change their career or how they live out the remainder of their lives.

Hoosier: I would love to see the Wolverines win it all (It's Possible) but if not a Title by any of the Big Ten teams validates the entire conference. I think the Wolverines, Buckeyes, Spartans are a shoe in for the Elite 8, the Badgers may be there as well.

What was used to color your beer green. You've gone loco.
avatar
lemonpen

Posts : 913
Join date : 2011-12-27
Location : Southfield, MI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FORUM

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum