Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+12
Fennis Dembo
Sebastian
Murph
Grizz2
Phil-Good
Sissy1946
Oracle
merc
cool breeze
lemonpen
deusXango
WTF
16 posters

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty IT'S THE THINGS YOU DON'T DO, THAT GETS YOU A PINK SLIP

Post  deusXango Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:13 am

Grizz2 wrote:well .. if anyone thought that the young players needed more playing time .. check that .. Now CM has to get into the game ....I understand the Ben Gordon trade but still dont like it .. Even BG could light it up once in a while .. and still prefer keeping our number 1 picks since we ARE rebuilding .. Tay, Stuck, JMax and Corey Mag .. total waste of court time .. and money .. those guys are not even wanted as Bench players .. anywhere .. Joe D would do well to cut them all free .. hire a good coach .. and move on .. with the youth movement .. Instead .. we are stuck playing BAD veteran players with a bad coach ... and our losses will continue to show just that .. Twisted Evil #%#&'"('#)"#(#! .. and most stupidly of all .. at the expense of young player development .. Insane! We have nothing ...zilch . to lose .. by playing the young players and everything to gain .. But we have everything to lose if we do not develop the young guys .. Gonna lose anyway .. Might as well make them count for something ..

G'Morning Grizz, I see you're in fine frustrated form, as am I, but it seems to me that Joe Dumars stands in a corner, and the only way out is to trade his way out. Corey Maggette's expiring contract, and Tayshaun Prince, for Josh Smith; do it right now, or be fired tomorrow! Only 1 of those 2 things taking place will begin to lift my frustration (fire Lil' Larry's ass in favor of a real coach, and I can go back to deep breathing). I know that darker days are ahead when people like PhillipBoy and Rett start talking in negatives about our beloved team; they're the rose colored glass wearing, die hard, cheerleading captains. Heads are gonna roll soon due to inactivity.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Veteran PGs

Post  WTF Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:05 pm

Yep Murph with Mag coming back it will eventually mean just that. We have already seen English sitting out games in favor of Bynum.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty The Piston’s Tour: Wake Me When The Nightmare Is Over Or Really Bad Boys Whatcha Gonna Do?

Post  Fennis Dembo Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:16 pm

Tom Gores to Joe Dumars, “This is another fine mess you’ve gotten us into.”.
Joe Dumars to Coach Frank, “Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into!”

Pistons mimic Star Trek’s Scotty : “No power left engine, Captain Kirk, no power left engine.”

From the Houston game.
"There was no offensive energy out there at all," coach Lawrence Frank said. "We didn't even give ourselves a chance during that run. I don't make excuses why because I know we're capable of doing more."

Suggestion to Tayshaun Prince. If you are not satisfied with the teams energy level, why don’t you put some Red Bull in the team water bottles before the game? It’s worth a try.

Suggestion to Coach Frank: See above suggestion to Tayshaun. Alternative idea spike the water bottles with 5 Hour Energy Drink. Jim Rome swears by it. Better yet spike the water bottles with both the Red Bull and the 5 Hour Energy Drink. The team will probably behave like those goofy kids at the U of M home games, the Maze Rage acting like they have the “Screaming meemies” and “Heebee- jeebies”.

Are any of you fans wondering about Coach Frank’s starts to his last three seasons? This is a disturbing trend. Basically I would call it a lot worse than pitiful. You may have your own colorful adjectives. Feel free to share them amongst yourselves.

The Little Larry - This Is No Way To Start A Season Chart:
2009 NJ Nets 0-16
2011 Pistons 4-20
2012 Pistons 0-8
Total 4-44 8.3% Winning or 91.7% Losing

Those of you who want a new coach can be comforted by these facts. If you win Joe will fire you like Carlisle, Brown, Saunders. If you lose Joe will fire you like Kuester, Curry, Irvine. If you are one game over .500 Joe will fire you like Gentry. Joe’s gonna getcha one way or another just like the Blondie song.

"One Way Or Another"
One way or another I'm gonna find ya
I'm gonna getcha getcha getcha getcha
One way or another I'm gonna win ya
I'm gonna getcha getcha getcha getcha
One way or another I'm gonna see ya
I'm gonna meetcha meetcha meetcha meetcha
One day, maybe next week

Intercepted tweet from Gores to Dumars: If Larry starts ranting and raving about picks and shovels like Rod Marinelli then put him on a 72 hour psychiatric hold at the nearest hospital.

In a move to completely and utterly confuse the Thunder Monday night, Gladys Knight was announced as the starting point guard for the Pistons and that Brandon Knight would perform at halftime. It didn’t help they still lost.

Very conspicuous by his absence during the 8 defeats is one Joe Dumars.
Anonymous Palace Employee: Joe makes himself less accessible with each loss. He makes himself very scarce to the media and especially to Mr. Gores. You would probably need the FBI to find him. You would have better luck finding someone in the witness protection program. He is the master of disguise and illusion. He is the man who isn’t there. He disappears into thin air. He is like a phantom that only shows up for a moment to scarf down a few donuts. He is the “Phantom of the Palace”. Kid Rock should write a song about him.

Biff Burns: How is the team holding up during this losing streak?
Announcer Rick Mahorn: A ubiquitous melancholy has descended upon our downed warriors.
Biff Burns: It sounds to me like they have the blues .

Fennis Dembo

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Spurs 84, Lakers 82

Post  Sebastian Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:51 pm

Damn! If WE were Spurs fans, WE would be happy every NBA season. Now, that's a well run NBA organization.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Knicks

Post  WTF Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:56 pm

No surprise here that Mike Woodson has them playing well, but I think the biggest factor is having Sheed on that team just for the knowledge he brings. If they every get Camby healthy and in game shape they might be the biggest surprise in the east.

Damned if only we selected Mike Woodson instead. I bet Woodson put the call in for Sheed. How great would we be playing if we had Woodson on the bench and our young bigs learning from Sheed.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Wizards

Post  WTF Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:21 pm

At least they have an excuse for being winless (No NeNe and John Walls)
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Power Rankings

Post  WTF Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:27 pm

30 Pistons 0-8 - 27/30 Worst start in franchise history. That dates back to Fort Wayne, Ind., and 1948. Or 13 years before Isiah Thomas was born.

Frank is a definite record setting genius......You Go Lil Larry
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Stuckey lacks confidence in his outside shot

Post  cool breeze Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:44 pm

How many times have we watched Rodney open beyond the 3 point line and not even look like he is a threat. The defenses know this and have backed off Stuckey knowing his only weapon is his driving potential. Remember what Billups did when he first came to the Pistons given the same opportunity? Remember when the Pistons were not that good but Billups made the games exciting because he was capable of drilling those open 3 pointers when it counted at the end and also when the team was struggling. I know that Billups was the point guard. But when Billups was a Piston, Detroit also had Hamilton who at the time was the best or 2nd best mid range jump shooter in basketball. Knight is being defended from long range and has to put up his shots in a hurry. Maybe Stuckey has had some real health problems which has lead to his problems on both ends of the court. Maybe with this time off, Stuckey will clear his head and come back stong and show other teams he can shoot it and has worked on that part of his game. Yet his technique does not look real good. He does better off the dribble like Bynum. Ummmm. When whoever is making shot while playing the 2 guard, the Pistons will have better success.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty 1948 Throwback Jersey

Post  WTF Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:52 pm

Perhaps we should start wearing those jersey from 1948.

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  frankied Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:38 pm

Grizz2 wrote:well .. if anyone thought that the young players needed more playing time .. check that .. Now CM has to get into the game ....I understand the Ben Gordon trade but still dont like it .. Even BG could light it up once in a while .. and still prefer keeping our number 1 picks since we ARE rebuilding .. Tay, Stuck, JMax and Corey Mag .. total waste of court time .. and money .. those guys are not even wanted as Bench players .. anywhere .. Joe D would do well to cut them all free .. hire a good coach .. and move on .. with the youth movement .. Instead .. we are stuck playing BAD veteran players with a bad coach ... and our losses will continue to show just that .. Twisted Evil #%#&'"('#)"#(#! .. and most stupidly of all .. at the expense of young player development .. Insane! We have nothing ...zilch . to lose .. by playing the young players and everything to gain .. But we have everything to lose if we do not develop the young guys .. Gonna lose anyway .. Might as well make them count for something ..
cannot agree more.
i haven't been around much because the season has been so depressing. i've watched almost all of the games, and it has been predictably bad.
frank has been as bad as i expected him to be.
he's continued his pattern of playing predictable, but limited vets over young players.
it's about to get worse and crazier now that magette is back.
just pitiful.
nothing is going to change until joe d gets canned.
unfortunately, though, i think gores will probably give joe d a pass on frank and let him hire at least one more coach.
oh well, at least i get to watch damien lilliard here in portland...
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty FRANKIE D!!!

Post  deusXango Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:22 pm

frankied wrote:
cannot agree more.
i haven't been around much because the season has been so depressing. i've watched almost all of the games, and it has been predictably bad.
frank has been as bad as i expected him to be.
he's continued his pattern of playing predictable, but limited vets over young players.
it's about to get worse and crazier now that magette is back.
just pitiful.
nothing is going to change until joe d gets canned.
unfortunately, though, i think gores will probably give joe d a pass on frank and let him hire at least one more coach.
oh well, at least i get to watch damien lilliard here in portland...

FrankieD, I envy you for having a competitive team right at your front door, and featuring a young budding star like Damien Lilliard, even though it's not the team you're loyal to; it's got to be satisfying to watch exciting basketball played.

I agree with your statement that things will get "worse and crazier" with Maggette's return; as time goes on he'll begin losing his trade value, much like Prince and Stuckey, and he'll take valuable minutes of development away from players like Singler, English and Middleton, under Lil' Larry's "system." Bottom line is, we're gonna be stuck with Maggette for the duration of the season.

Gores gotta fire Joe before he resigns Maxiell to another contract (can't you just feel that coming?); George David can fire Lil' Larry and hire Laimbeer, or re-hire Larry Brown, and get away with it under Gores new ownership. Brown would do wonders for our guard corps, much like Laimbeer would with our bigs (you know that Mahorn is going to be putting his valuable 2 cents worth in).
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Frank does something SMART!

Post  Grizz3 Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:38 pm

Singler starts at SG! guitar dance banana rockon clap

Stuckey is the weakest link right now .. so .. bravo L. Frank ... clap

Grizz3

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty It's nice to see A starting 2 guard who can actually play the position correctly!

Post  Phil-Good Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:21 pm

WOW! Amazing to see B.K.7 with some room out there on the floor. A starting 2 guard who can space the floor and who can freaking shoot the basketball!

WOW! tb

Let's get A FUCKING WIN FOR A CHANGE! And have some balls Coach Frank and put the best players out there on the floor so we can win A few games this season.
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Knight & Maxiell

Post  Oracle Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:47 pm

Are both playing very good ball!

Knight is as agreesive and active as I've seen him, and he has great moves when he uses them.

Maxiell is, as usual, a dangerous player on the O-Boards, and defensively, he's challenging bigger players.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Long time, no post

Post  Grizz3 Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:05 pm

Good to hear from you again Frankie .. Yes, the Pistons have been dreadful .. but hope you share your wisdom here whenever you can if only for our entertainment here .... BTW ... Frank starting Singler at SG was a great move ... So ... the happy ending is that the Pistons start jelling as a team and play the young guys more ... and Frank and Joe both keep their jobs .. So long as the young guys improve, win or lose .. that is the measure of a good season ...

Grizz3

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty I didn't want Singler

Post  Oracle Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:06 pm

But now I'm convinced that this dude is going to be a 2nd tier star in this league!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Wow

Post  Oracle Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:10 pm

I breathed a sigh of relief when Knight replaced Bynum!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Magette

Post  Oracle Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:11 pm

Seems to be better for us than Stuckey!

Stuckey better watch his back... and the trade wires!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Good way to put it .. !!

Post  Grizz3 Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:11 pm

Phillip ... well said . Like Knight being called BK7 ... . Hope he becomes a star of the order of CP3 ... Stuckey, we 2 have especially been supportive of over his career .. but for whatever reason .. he is hurting the team with his wild all on his own play ... Putting Singler out there really made me happy the instant I saw it .. Never thought about that being a good move but as soon I glanced at the boxscore .. it was like .. RIGHT ON! ...

Phillip wrote:

WOW! Amazing to see B.K.7 with some room out there on the floor. A starting 2 guard who can space the floor and who can freaking shoot the basketball!

WOW!

Let's get A FUCKING WIN FOR A CHANGE! And have some balls Coach Frank and put the best players out there on the floor so we can win A few games this season.

Grizz3

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty KYLE SINGLER

Post  deusXango Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:16 pm

Had Joe traded Singler, as many wanted done, this past summer, we'd be seeing him show out someplace else, like many of our rush give aways. I'm glad to have this young man on our team; I see better days ahead with him, and for him. Can't wait to see Friday's performance.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Monkey jumps...

Post  Oracle Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:19 pm

Off the Pistons back, and lands on Doug Collins(who I wanted for our coach)!

Or maybe it was a Gorilla, if you're Lawrence Frank!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty KYLE SINGLER

Post  Oracle Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:21 pm

deusXango wrote:Had Joe traded Singler, as many wanted done, this past summer, we'd be seeing him show out someplace else, like many of our rush give aways. I'm glad to have this young man on our team; I see better days ahead with him, and for him. Can't wait to see Friday's performance.

Yup, I was one of them, and you're right, we'd be crying if we had gotten rid of this promising player!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Too many just above average players

Post  We Won! Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:32 pm

With Prince (late in his career), Maggette (late in his career and an expiring contract that may mean trade bait), Max (really want him to continue doing well so we get max amount of trade value for him) and a few other members that are not (Daye, CV, etc) of the Pistons, does anyone else feel that Joe D will package some of these guys to bring a superstar to the Pistons?

PG-Knight, Stuckey, Bynum
SG - Star, Stuckey
SF - JJ, Singler
PF - Monroe, upgrade
C - Drummond, Kravtsov

***Also have some young guys who haven't panned out yet and may catch with more game time (English, Middleton, Kravtsov).

Looks like a great core group of players! I feel Stuckey is a great back-up but not starter material. Singler and JJ are great defense and hustle. Monroe and Drummond will dominate for years to come. Knight is still trying to hit his peak (patience everyone).

Can only get better! You know the poor record may entice some of the GMs to start wheeling and dealing with Joe D thinking he is desperate. Let's see if he can be as crafty as he has been in the past.

We Won!

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Wow!

Post  Sparma2 Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:39 pm

Monroe dominant, combined with impressive guard play. Knight looked smooth, including on his no look flick to Monroe. Not sure Singler could handle the 2 consistently, but maybe it's time to revisit the Stuckey off the bench idea. Sometimes it's a matter of finding complementary players, rather than putting the most talent on the floor. The offense looked more organized with Knight and Singler out there together, rather than the usual Stuckey and Knight.

Sparma2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Yes, I am still backseat driver ..

Post  Grizz3 Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:47 pm

That is me, Grizz .. always throwing my opinion around ..

Oracle .. NO DOUBT that Maggette is a better player right now than most of our young players ...and he did great today .. BUT .. Maggette is an old guy whom I do not want to play even 1 more minute the rest of the season .... Putting the development of the team BEFORE the happiness and contentment of our veterans ..

If Joe and Frank were smart and in this matter .. I dont think they are .. They would play the young guys .. get some losses initially and watch the team grow in strength as the season went on ... Instead .. playing the Vets like Prince, JMax, and Maggette just painfully delays or permanently limits the development of our younger stars to be.. I suppose you could argue that playing the Vets gives the young guns a chance to see how it is done .. BUT .. except for sporadic games, I do NOT expect Prince to play that great nor Jmax nor Maggette ... BUT . Frank is desperate to win and to keep the VETS happy, who have been in the NBA longer than he has .. MEANWHILE .. Joe is desperate to show that his past dumb signings and trades involving the Vets were good moves so Joe would rather see the VETS play and let the young guys wait their turn on the bench .. SO those 2 are going to latch onto the idea PLAYING VETS IS GOOD like a dog to a bone... YET SO Glad to see Singler start GIVING ALOT OF CREDIT TO FRANK ON THIS).. and that is the main reason we won today (bold statement from someone who only did realtime boxscore watching ) The young guy played instead of the VET! The young players are good for the team now and for the future ..

Grizz3

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next