Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+12
Fennis Dembo
Sebastian
Murph
Grizz2
Phil-Good
Sissy1946
Oracle
merc
cool breeze
lemonpen
deusXango
WTF
16 posters

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 25 Empty PG

Post  lemonpen Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:20 pm

- Anybody notice how adept BK7 is becomming with shooting with the off hand.

- Is LF trying to mold BK7 in the sudo image of Jason Kidd. Push the ball, create, see the slick half court passes.

- despite turning the ball over 5 times BK7 seems to be learning patience in the uptempo game.

lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 25 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  WTF Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:24 pm

Okay LCD is slightly out dated and 120hz are rare for 32in TV and 1080 are rare as well at that size, so there goes that theory of paying lower than $300 (SHIT!).

So I go 40in-42in anything larger is to big for a bedroom and I have no plans on mounting it. This puts me right about $500-$600 at the least. Buying TV's Sucks! and Expensive!

Hey! Sour Pee-Boy when you're sweeping up the Palace tonight after the game do you think you slip a flat screen out while doing your janitorial duties hehe
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 25 Empty TV Upgrade

Post  lemonpen Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:25 pm

WISEFAN wrote:I've decided to move into the HD Age of television. Not that my reliable 36" Sharpe isn't still alive and kicking and I'm going to hang on to it until it dies. Nonetheless I've decided to buy a new TV, but not looking to spend an arm and a leg for it. What's the best and most reliable TV out there?

Every reveiw I've read about HD TV's today have sucked.

I would recommend you go someplace with a lot of different TV's on active display, stand there starring at each one looking for what strikes your eyes as sharpest and brightest.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 25 Empty PG

Post  WTF Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:31 pm

lemonpen wrote:- Anybody notice how adept BK7 is becomming with shooting with the off hand.

- Is LF trying to mold BK7 in the sudo image of Jason Kidd. Push the ball, create, see the slick half court passes.

- despite turning the ball over 5 times BK7 seems to be learning patience in the uptempo game.

lemonpen the thing that I've been enjoying most with Knight's game so far is that his shot selection has been a lot better. He been right about at 10-12 attempts except last game but still he's not forcing shots and the game has slowed down some for him it's just those turnovers. I hope LF isn't sudo molding him into Kidd I always thought Kid was crappy in the half court game and thats where most of Knight TO's are occurring.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 25 Empty I Think I Found One

Post  WTF Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:40 pm

Westinghouse 40" Class 1080p 120hz LED HDTV - Black
Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars 45 reviews
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 25 Empty .. I am not going to ..

Post  Grizz2 Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:01 pm

ever get excited about C. Magette playing nor CV ... nor Daye .. I will be excited when all 3 of these players are off the team .. OK you 3 .. the Suns are on the 2nd game of back to back .. Punish this fairly weak Suns at your Pistons Palace home when Phoenix should be tired .. Show us what you 3 got tonight and prove me absolutely wrong .. Double Dog Dare ya!
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sebastian Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:45 pm

lemonpen wrote:- Anybody notice how adept BK7 is becomming with shooting with the off hand.

Yo, Lemon, I don't think L. Frank had anything to do with the New Jersey Nets version of Jason Kidd. Jason was the fastest player on the floor, when he was in Jersey.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 25 Empty Frank made a change in his rotation in the second half of the last game leaving Bynum on the bench

Post  cool breeze Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:03 pm

In case everyone has not noticed, whenever Knight leaves the game, the tempo changes regarding offensive flow. In the first half of the Portland game. Frank stuck to his previous game plan of bringing in Bynum to replace BK in the first half. The same thing happened where the Pistons started to lose their lead and the offense was completely out of sinc. Bynum has trouble seeing the floor and he is a shoot first player and always has been. In the second half, Frank brought in stuckey to replace BK. There was still a slack off regarding tempo and floor balance with Stuckey but still there was improvement in the way the offense looked. Portland missed shots during this time period but I thought the defense of the Pistons looked better. I still do not like the idea of playing Maggette with Stuckey. But it will be interesting to see what happens when Knight gets his first rest. If the coach brings in Bynum he is a complete idiot. I thought that Singler played almost perfect if anyone can ever do that in a real game. At one time on offense, Singler motioned for Prince to go to the opposite side of the floor. Prince waived him off so Singler ran to the opposite baseline. From a coaching standpoint this is a good sign. Both Prince and Singler noticed that the floor was not balanced and they communicated with each other. With so many things going through your head when you play, a lot of players never key into how the defense is set and how they are shifting. Time for the Pistons to beat up on Phoenix. Go Pistons!

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 25 Empty Gaming out of hand...

Post  Oracle Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:24 pm

The Pistons are having their way, but a few observations.

Grizz won't like it, but Magette & CV are looking like keepers unless a tasty trade comes along.

Stuckey and the whole 2nd unit is looking great to me, and Knight is looking like the future leader he appeared to be last year.

Singler is as easy to beat as pie at the SG, that's the bad news. The good news is that he finds ways to recover, the way I hoped Daye would(but never could), but Singler is great at it, and on one play, got beat badly, but recover, got the strip, drove the length of the court through traffic and scored!

Singler is a player we're going to need with our core, and is fast becoming one of the untouchables. So Lemon, I won't rule him out at SG, but I still think SF would be a bit better.

One last thing. We could have used the big Russian to go against Gortat, who was intimidating us in the first half, and Phoenix was beating on offensive boards. The Russian is useful because he's taller than Drummond, and poses additional problems for opposing teams.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 25 Empty Looks Like Another Win

Post  WTF Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:32 pm

Yeah I'm just waiting on Grizz and Don to faint the next time CV hits the floor, but that second unit of Stuckey, Drummond, CV and Mags look like a keeper. Still would rather see Drummond starting
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 25 Empty THAT was a SMACKDOWN by the Pistons!!!

Post  Rett Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:13 pm

Very Happy

GO PISTONS!!! banana rockon guitar hehe

Rett

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 25 Empty Proving your worth ..

Post  Grizz3 Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:18 pm

Have been a killjoy about CV because of what he has been doing for the past 3 seasons ... and have been against CM because he will only get in the way of the young player development and is a reason we will be losing a number 1 draft pick .. So .. my hating is based on those factors ..

BUT CV and CM respond to my double dog dare and show me up .... door
They ARE capable of playing well against road weary bad teams .. pom pom

Honestly .. if these 2 can keep playing well against good and / or rested and / or home teams ... I have to give props to them .. Bow Down

ALSO, if any coach can win at home against bad teams, it means he is NOT a terrible head coach .. He needs to win 1 more game out of the 1st 20 to show he doesnt deserve to be fired .. and prove all my ravings meaningless .. I will then eat crow and start respecting and cheering for him .. It is clear Frank is capable of making line up and rotation changes for the better .. Still needs to show he can make adjustments when the game is on the line .. from the end of the 3rd quarter on ..

It is great to be winning big .. since it has got to be a big morale booster for the entire team ... TT
still believe it is counter-productive to play CV and CM over English, Drummond, and Kravtsov ...

Grizz3

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 25 Empty OFF Topic......for the WISE One

Post  Rett Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:21 pm

Have a Sony 1080P...and LUV IT!

The Sony name and quality....still ranks #1 with me....
I would also go with a Samsung too, btw.

bought mine at Best Buy....re: online prices at Best Buy are higher...hmmm found that out when I went to the store (much lower in price)...
I would think Cotsco prices would be very competitive!

btw, I am in the market for a 40 inch Sony....am I on your shoppin list? party

Rett

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 25 Empty OFF Topic......for the WISE One

Post  WTF Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:26 pm

Rett wrote:Have a Sony 1080P...and LUV IT!

The Sony name and quality....still ranks #1 with me....
I would also go with a Samsung too, btw.

bought mine at Best Buy....re: online prices at Best Buy are higher...hmmm found that out when I went to the store (much lower in price)...
I would think Cotsco prices would be very competitive!

btw, I am in the market for a 40 inch Sony....am I on your shoppin list? party

Whatever you want Boo Very Happy
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  lemonpen Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:36 pm

Sebastian wrote:

Yo, Lemon, I don't think L. Frank had anything to do with the New Jersey Nets version of Jason Kidd. Jason was the fastest player on the floor, when he was in Jersey.

Sebastian,
You're right JKidds game was established by the time Larry arrived. I'm making a comparison of Kidd's style of play to how Frank seems to be grooming BK7 in both the transition and half court game.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 25 Empty Today or tomorrow?

Post  merc Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:00 am

A feel good thing tonight... doesn't really matter much for our future... then again from a financial perspective things are going well... the guys we want to move are playing well (Daye doesn't matter he's exp)... this season should be about positioning for the future... the coaches rotations will become more relevant after the deadline.
What happens if we are 5 games from the end of the season and we're in the hunt for a playoff position... go ahead and give up the pick? ... let's see who's got the balls to answer.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:09 am

What's up with our Euros not getting PT... are they gay like Bruno?.. can they play or not?
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 25 Empty It's clear as day to me!

Post  Oracle Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:36 am

merc wrote:A feel good thing tonight... doesn't really matter much for our future... then again from a financial perspective things are going well... the guys we want to move are playing well (Daye doesn't matter he's exp)... this season should be about positioning for the future... the coaches rotations will become more relevant after the deadline.
What happens if we are 5 games from the end of the season and we're in the hunt for a playoff position... go ahead and give up the pick? ... let's see who's got the balls to answer.

Well, not exactly, because it is a decision that has consequences.

However, if I'm true to what I believe, my feeling is that I would want to make the playoffs. What we'll lose is partially made up by getting our youngster a taste of the post season, the experience and wetting their beaks for a deeper run.

I just think that winning is more important than losing, and you just let the chips fall where they may!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 25 Empty I'VE GOT THE BALLS

Post  deusXango Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:20 am

Oracle wrote:
merc wrote:A feel good thing tonight... doesn't really matter much for our future... then again from a financial perspective things are going well... the guys we want to move are playing well (Daye doesn't matter he's exp)... this season should be about positioning for the future... the coaches rotations will become more relevant after the deadline.

Well, not exactly, because it is a decision that has consequences.

However, if I'm true to what I believe, my feeling is that I would want to make the playoffs. What we'll lose is partially made up by getting our youngster a taste of the post season, the experience and wetting their beaks for a deeper run.

I just think that winning is more important than losing, and you just let the chips fall where they may!

Good for you Oracle, it's always about winning, no matter what. It's really not about the rotation(s) Lil' Larry uses, it's about the quality of the decisions Joe Dumars make after the season is over. It would be nice to have a 1st round pick but, I'm all for the last three lottery picks to get addicted to winning; Shabazz Mohammad would be great but, if we can position ourselves with multiple picks (year after next) and enough quality players (to trade) to run at Andrew Wiggins, that surpasses great!

Great, great game last night but, it appeared only about three dozen paying customers saw it live. This team needs to start winning (now that blood is on the water), and winning convincingly; some squeak by wins over quality teams is fine but, we got to beat the sh!t out of mediocre to bottom feeders. See how far we can go and "let the chips fall where they may!"
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 25 Empty Today or tomorrow?

Post  WTF Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:23 am

Merc it would depend on who got us in that position, I can only agree with Oracle and DX win at all cost comments if it is the core of youth that's leading us to the playoffs. I couldn't feel go about that if we're still watching JMax and Prince 30 minutes every game to get us to the playoffs.

Right now I want the lottery pick.... I could change in the future
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 25 Empty Tweet Tweet

Post  Murph Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:54 am

HOW YA LIKE ME NOW???...Muthasmuckers!!! I'm back...I'm back...uh huh...I'm back. party party party party

I'm dedicating my latest game to Murph, Cool Don and Grizz...three of my biggest haters. I'll be raining 3's down on your asses for the next year and a half at least!!!!

lol! lol! lol!

And here's a shout out to Wisefan, the President and only remaining member of the Charlie V fan club. Your loyalty brings tears to my eyes. Sad

Your favorite 3 pt gunner,

Charlie Veeeeeeeee!!!!! box

Murph

Back to top Go down

Post  Murph Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:49 am

On a more serious note, great win last night. I was kind of hoping Lawrence Frank would be replaced before the Pistons started to play well, but that's not going to happen now.

A number of Pistons had outstanding games. Starters JMax, Prince and Knight played well, and Stuckey, Villanueva, and Bynum played well off the bench.

Singler is a welcome addition to the starting line-up. His selfless style of play and his sense of spacing rubs off on the whole starting unit. And Stuckey is finally beginning to do his best Vinnie Johnson immitation, off the bench.

The statistic of the night was 28 assists...28! I wonder when was the last time a Pistons team had 28 assists. And they were spread around...Knight with 6, Bynum 4, Stuckey 4, Prince 3, Monroe 3, etc. We also out-rebounded Phoenix. And we didn't back down when Morris and Brown started to get chippy. All in all a very good night. clap

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 25 Empty Pistons 117, Suns 77

Post  Sebastian Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:23 am

OUR guys opened up a can, last night, against the Suns. Who would have thought that Charlie V. would play another good game? When he is rolling Charlie V. can be OUR secret weapon. And, my boy Stuckey has awakened. Also B. Knight has put three, good consecutive games together.

Singler did what he does, still much to my surprise.

L. Frank still needs to pair Moose and Dre together, much more, but I have to give credit to L. Frank ... the "process" may be taking affect.

During the second set of 8-games, OUR Pistons and L. Frank have gone 5-3. If WE continue to go 5-3 for the remaining set of 8-game intervals, OUR Pistons and L. Frank would be 45-35. Winning the remaining 2-games will make US 47-35, a split would make US 46-36, or losing the final two 45-37. Either way a successful season, especially if Moose and Dre are playing together more.

This may all be wishful thinking. But, today, I will give L. Frank a little credit. I, like, Grizz wanted to see his ass out of here, but if the dude can win then he can stay.

Oh, and another thing, the time to start Dre will be Friday against the Grizzlies!

Last edited by Sebastian on Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 25 Empty Great Win

Post  Sparma Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:26 pm

What a game, including many strong performances, with Knight and Stuckey being among the standouts. There was even some good passing by Villanuena and Maggette. Poor Jerebko though; I guess the team needs to get up by 50 for him to see the floor. He's listed by coach's decision, even though I count 12 as having played. Was he actually inactive, am I miscounting, or do you get 13 on the active roster now?

Credit to Frank as well. Much as his harping on defense becomes tiresome, especially when a dreary offense is being played, the team looked sharp on team defense yesterday, as the announcers noted. I confess not being sure what their defense is, it looks like a hybrid of zone and man to man. Focusing on Singler, I noticed he'll often sag off his guy (as if in a semi-zone), then close in as the clock winds down, or move over to help with the shooter. His consistently playing at a distance cuts down on drive by opportunities by his opponent, although it also creates shooting opportunities.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 25 Empty Knight-Singler-Drummond have changed the image of the Detroit Pistons from losers to a team with a bright future

Post  cool breeze Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:47 pm

I am not getting carried away with this last game because this Suns team came to Detroit extremely tired playing 3 games in a short time period while traveling. But it sure is great to see the team playing better. Knight has elevated his game big time for the past two weeks. Brandon started out the season determined to be a better point guard and that meant getting other players involved. He slacked off on his own offense and had problems with his defense until he decided to just relax and have fun. You can see that BK is really enjoying playing basketball now. With the addition of Singler to the starting lineup, Knight knows that he has help on defense with Singler who has the amazing ability to help and recover as well as any player in the game. Singler just helps everyone play better just like he did at the other levels before playing in the NBA. I still believe that the starting unit would be a lot better adding Drummond and bringing Maxiell off the bench but Maxiell has his good moments so far on both ends of the floor. Coming off the bench adds motivation for Drummond to improve to the point when the coach will have enough faith in him to let him start. The Phoenix announcers stated that Drummond, Singler and Knight are all budding stars and that came from Tom Chamberlain who doesn't get very excited about opposing players. What he identified was that all three players are really capable of becoming outstanding NBA players if they continue to work hard. How good do they want to be? I know that Knight and Singler have that extra drive to get better. I hope that Drummond feels the same and knows what he is capable of becoming as a person and player. One final thought. This season all Piston players are playing really hard. At times they might not play very well but when you see players like Charlie V run as hard as he can to get back on defense how can you not like what you see? Charlie has never played that hard as a Piston before he received his lastest opportunity to be in the rotation. I hope it lasts. Yet I don't want management to give up on Jerebco. I believe one reporter commented that Jerebco seemed to go down hill once Singler became a starter because Jerebco played at a much higher level with Singler. What that means is the disfunctional players such as point guard Bynum made it tough for guys like Jerebco to get into sinc on either end of the floor. Turnovers and lack of passing by the skill players have a huge effect on how the big guys look. Never touching the basketball on offense leads to loss of confidence in your shooting once you get that rare opportunity. Detroit still needs another quick point guard to keep the tempo going when Knight leaves the game. However, if Stuckey keeps it going in a positive direction consistantly, then I would say the biggest weakness is lack of size at the power forward spot with the starting unit. At some point, the coach will have to bring in "The Russian Assassin" or someone like him for some banging and shot blocking if the Pistons are serious about keeping games close with the good teams. Three big men who are effective beats two big men and a short long armed wide body unless your name is Charles Barkley. Good job Detroit Pistons!

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next