Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+12
Fennis Dembo
Sebastian
Murph
Grizz2
Phil-Good
Sissy1946
Oracle
merc
cool breeze
lemonpen
deusXango
WTF
16 posters

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  cool breeze Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:42 pm

Oracle wrote:
Grizz3 wrote:.. is not very likely ... Josh Smith is a star ... C. Maggette is some guy who gets a lot of money but is not a star ... The trade only works if the opposing GM is an absolute idiot ... That NBA trade software needs to include some other important elements like the talent and age of the players ... as well as the degree of smarts of the GMs involved ..... but lets dream on anyway .. dance

I like Singler .. more than what other GMs will give us .. Smart player .. reminds me of guys who play for the Spurs ... Joe D has made some great picks the past 3 seasons .. dance

Look I REALLY like Singler, but I'd trade him in a NY minute to get a real star in here!

The problem, as Grizz has stated, is that no GM in his right mind would make that trade!

So until we can find a mentally disturbed GM to trade with(and there are a few, lol), stuff like that ain't going to work.

Oracle you are correct! Resist such thought Piston fans. My question is why do some seem to think that Smith wants to wear the Piston uniform? Has Smith ever stated that he would like to sign a contract with the Detroit Pistons? If only we all could live our lives with the perspective that we will not view the world the way we want it to be but rather the way it really is and then go from there to make the best of our situations. So admit Piston followers that we are not going to steal a star player from another team. But celebrate the fact that Kyle Singler is a real basketball player with skills and a mind set bent on playing basketball the right way and at a high level consistantly. He creates positive chemistry on a team that has experienced bad chemistry for too long. Singler is a winner and knows what it takes to win. He knows that basketball is a team game. Singler is already a NCAA champion who was MVP. How many other players have the Pistons ever had who won that award? I can think of Isiah Thomas when he was with Indiana. I think Richard Hamilton was MVP as well at that level. However, Singler is a complete player unlike Richard Hamilton. One more high draft selection Mr. D and our Pistons will be moving on up. The coach needs to become smarter with substitutions and Dumars needs to sign a quality experienced back up point guard. Our Pistons might be bottom dwellers right now but I think that Knight and Singler will be doing some real damage in the future. The big picture looks good to me. Keep this set of young guys and let them develop together. Well said Oracle.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty RIP Scores 30, but...

Post  Oracle Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:58 pm

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty GREAT OVERVIEW

Post  deusXango Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:04 am

cool breeze wrote:Oracle you are correct! Resist such thought Piston fans. My question is why do some seem to think that Smith wants to wear the Piston uniform? Has Smith ever stated that he would like to sign a contract with the Detroit Pistons? If only we all could live our lives with the perspective that we will not view the world the way we want it to be but rather the way it really is and then go from there to make the best of our situations. So admit Piston followers that we are not going to steal a star player from another team. But celebrate the fact that Kyle Singler is a real basketball player with skills and a mind set bent on playing basketball the right way and at a high level consistantly. He creates positive chemistry on a team that has experienced bad chemistry for too long. Singler is a winner and knows what it takes to win. He knows that basketball is a team game. Singler is already a NCAA champion who was MVP. How many other players have the Pistons ever had who won that award? I can think of Isiah Thomas when he was with Indiana. I think Richard Hamilton was MVP as well at that level. However, Singler is a complete player unlike Richard Hamilton. One more high draft selection Mr. D and our Pistons will be moving on up. The coach needs to become smarter with substitutions and Dumars needs to sign a quality experienced back up point guard. Our Pistons might be bottom dwellers right now but I think that Knight and Singler will be doing some real damage in the future. The big picture looks good to me. Keep this set of young guys and let them develop together. Well said Oracle.

One question y'all. Why do we seem to have sooo much patience with mediocre players, who consistantly display poor basketball judgement but, when a player shows up with some moxy, skills, and a high basketball I.Q., we want to trade him away before we can benefit from what they bring?
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty If we talking trade then I got A good on for you.

Post  Phil-Good Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:51 am

Players the Pistons need to look at.

J.Smith, Al Jefferson as A 6th man, Paul Millsap as A 6th man, as well as locking in on A explosive lottery pick and going after him hard!!
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty Coach Frank...

Post  Oracle Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:31 am

Coach, I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt because I can see the pieces coming together, and respect the hard decision you made to play CV(just don't over do it).

Here's another piece of advice.

If it's defense you're concerned about, I'd find a way to use Drummond a lot more, and get some PT for a shooter and a guy that prides himself on his defense... English.

Now I know Drummond is raw. Some nights he'll look like a superstar, and others, the 2nd coming of Darko, but if given PT, the Darko moments will fade away from the memory of man!

I also know that English isn't up to speed yet, but ditto on the PT theory.

Yeah you can still play CV & Magette, just limit their minutes, they do have a place.

Oh, and while I'm at it, with Stuckey looking so great as the PG off the bench, it's time to lock Bynum in a glass box that reads "Only break open in emergencies". We've run out of regular uses for him, but he's can still help another team... Joe get busy!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty ESPN TRADE MACHINE PLAYSTATION OR XBOX

Post  WTF Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:44 am

I agree is a joke, kinda like making trades on your favorite NBA video game. You can make up whatever silly nonsense you want or score 90 points with your favorite player. Sebastian you can't smack the button on ESPN Trade Machine because the salaries match and think it will work.

cool what player ever say he wants to be traded anywhere unless they're arrogant asses name Howard, Bron or Melo. So no it's not likely we heard Josh saying anything about where he would or would not want to be traded unless you heard something from your locker room sources Very Happy You still never answered my question about Josh being the horrible player. I think the fact that we haven't heard anything speaks volumes on Josh character as a player.

Now I have to laugh at Oracle and Grizz remarks about the sanity of some GM's because our own GM has some gems of bad deals like Chauncy for AI, or Affalo for a bag of chips, Ben Gordon and a draft pick for Maggette which makes the Rip buy out look stupid. "However" with the new CBA in place and the need to stay under the cap anything is possible even a trade suggested in using ESPN Trade Machine.

Think about what happen to Harden with OKC or Orlanda return on the Howard trade and those same scenarios could be played out in Atlanta. Keep Dreaming Sebastian

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty Josh Smith WOULD be a great player to have ...

Post  Grizz2 Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:06 am

WISEFAN wrote:I agree is a joke, kinda like making trades on your favorite NBA video game. You can make up whatever silly nonsense you want or score 90 points with your favorite player. Sebastian you can't smack the button on ESPN Trade Machine because the salaries match and think it will work.

cool what player ever say he wants to be traded anywhere unless they're arrogant asses name Howard, Bron or Melo. So no it's not likely we heard Josh saying anything about where he would or would not want to be traded unless you heard something from your locker room sources Very Happy You still never answered my question about Josh being the horrible player. I think the fact that we haven't heard anything speaks volumes on Josh character as a player.

Now I have to laugh at Oracle and Grizz remarks about the sanity of some GM's because our own GM has some gems of bad deals like Chauncy for AI, or Affalo for a bag of chips, Ben Gordon and a draft pick for Maggette which makes the Rip buy out look stupid. "However" with the new CBA in place and the need to stay under the cap anything is possible even a trade suggested in using ESPN Trade Machine.

Think about what happen to Harden with OKC or Orlanda return on the Howard trade and those same scenarios could be played out in Atlanta. Keep Dreaming Sebastian

Cynic ... I have come around to your way of thinking about Josh S. in that he is a star player who would be great to have on the team .. I had labelled him as selfish greedy .. but .. he has done nothing to force the Hawks into dumping him for less than he is worth .. like Howard (who seems like one of those players with great stats who doesnt make his teammates better) and Harden (but who is playing great and is surprisingly worth his big salary raise)..

.. the main reason we cannot get Smith is the Hawks have already gone on record saying they will sign him to a max contract .. but I agree . he is worth getting ... up to 13 or 14 million or so .. Wouldnt want to trade too much to get him though .. Monroe, Drummond, and Knight would be off limits ..

Wasnt sure I understood what you were saying .. Which was the worse or better move? Addios to Ben G and a number one draft pick (protected this year) for Magette? Or addios to Rip via buying him out? For me .. both were stupid moves .. the Ben G is worse because we are giving up a draft pick when we get no benefit from it .. We are not going to be signing any big shot FAs anyway by the time Ben G. 's contract expires .. On top of that .. despite the fact that Ben G cannot play D to save his life .. Isnt Ben G, a far younger player who can get his own shot .. better than Magette anyway?

How I see both moves is Joe D simply getting rid of unhappy players (which should not have been taken on at such high salaries anyway, 2 big mistakes there ) no matter what the cost ... This makes some sense as far as clearing the air .. BUT BUT BUT .. isnt real GM leadership about communicating and guiding the players and coaches in question so that everyone works together well? So compounding one mistake with another one .. Common theme in Joe D's bad moves .... I want to see everyone's faces when we lose that draft pick in a year or 2 ..
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty Grizz Was Just Pointing Out We Have One Of Those Dumb GM's

Post  WTF Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:37 am

If Josh is happy in Atlanta and Atlanta is happy with Josh then we won't get hin in a trade or otherwise, but still stranger things have happen in the NBA.

Remember Chauncey last signing with us? Him and Joe standing there and Joe professing how great it was to have Chauncey potentially ending his career as a Pistons. Remember how everyone in the Detroit Sport Scene advocated for Joe in getting Chauncey to resign, then Chauncey signs and WHAM! a year later he's on his way to Denver..... facepalm

You just don't know what's in the mind of some organization because none of us ever thought Chauncey would be traded, just like some are thinking players like Smith can't be had. Joe traded Chauncy for CAP SPACE only to fuck up the money a year later on Ben and Charlie. Atlanta could me using a little misdirection when it comes to Josh and the willingness to give him a max deal.

IMO we don't have enough to give Atlanta in a trade to get Josh outside of giving up our young core.

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty DEFENSE! DEFENSE! DEFENSE!

Post  WTF Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:16 am

Oracle wrote:[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Coach, I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt because I can see the pieces coming together, and respect the hard decision you made to play CV(just don't over do it).

Here's another piece of advice.

If it's defense you're concerned about, I'd find a way to use Drummond a lot more, and get some PT for a shooter and a guy that prides himself on his defense... English.

Now I know Drummond is raw. Some nights he'll look like a superstar, and others, the 2nd coming of Darko, but if given PT, the Darko moments will fade away from the memory of man!

I also know that English isn't up to speed yet, but ditto on the PT theory.

Yeah you can still play CV & Magette, just limit their minutes, they do have a place.

Oh, and while I'm at it, with Stuckey looking so great as the PG off the bench, it's time to lock Bynum in a glass box that reads "Only break open in emergencies". We've run out of regular uses for him, but he's can still help another team... Joe get busy!!!

It will probably help if Frank swithced his defense every quarter. By the time the 4th quarter rolls around teams have figured him out.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty A FEW OBVIOUS MACHINATIONS

Post  deusXango Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:25 am

Don't play any of the expiring contracts (Maggette, Maxiell, Daye, Bynum), and don't resign 'em (let them be someone else's headache). The money harvested from that decision would allow us (#1) to play Drummond, and Kravtsov for extended minutes, and free up time for Middleton/English. (#2) We can talk about the trade value of Villanueva, Jerebko, Prince, and Stuckey only; our core and youth is off-limits!

Once the league can see what we're trying to do, in the way of an honest rebuild effort, FA signing will be so much easier (who doesn't want to be apart of a team on the rise?). Maybe, just maybe, Josh Smith ain't all in love with the Hawks and will resign elsewhere, ala Grant Hill, plus Smith isn't restricted. We can't put together a package, with what we have, to acquire top tier talent but, I wouldn't be opposed to bringing in a Matt Barnes or Paul Millsap....hard-nosed veterans, who produce, know the game, and aren't selfish. Players that give a consistent defensive effort.

If the young'uns compete and win a playoff spot, then WOW, Joe knows what he's doing (it's doubtful that they will just lay down and not do their best; they're playing for contracts that they never thought they would've had an opportunity to). If that happens, we're an attractive destination for FA's. If we fall short, and end up in the lottery again, we keep our 1st round pick for one more year (eventually fate will tip the balance our way; why not sooner than later?).

We don't owe the veterans a damn thing, as they've been and will be handsomely paid (much more than they're worth), so sitting or being placed on the trade block is nothing more than the obvious; their days as Pistons have passed, and in the passing, the torch is now in the hands of qualified youth.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty Singler?

Post  Sebastian Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:11 am

Folks, let's not get ahead of OURselves when it comes to Kyle Singler. It is true that, thus far (the 14th game of the season) he has displayed a cerebral effectiveness and efficiency to his game. No disagreements, there.

Let US let this season play out a bit more with Kyle Singler as you'll choice as the Pistons starting SG. I still contend that Singler should be OUR 8th or 9th man and until then his true effectiveness will not be recognized. Singler as OUR starting 2 guard, will become exposed as the season continues.

I still contend that Singler is not a starting 2 guard in this League and if he continues to start, WE will all begin to see the warts of this decision.

But, if Singler is able to continue to produce at 16 ppg, 6 rpg, 4 apg per game clip, consistently throughout the season or even through March, I promise you all that I will admit that was wrong.

Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty Sebastian Is It Personal Dislike

Post  WTF Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:10 pm

Sebastian wrote:
But, if Singler is able to continue to produce at 16 ppg, 6 rpg, 4 apg per game clip, consistently throughout the season or even through March, I promise you all that I will admit that was wrong.

Sebastian then you might as well admit it now. Barring some major injury Singler will produce those very numbers or close to it.

Also I have a question for you. Are you expecting us to have some form of superstar at every position? IMO Singler is just as much a starter as Monroe and Knight and just as much a starter as we all know Drummond should be.
Okay one more question. You do realized that Singler was a projected lottery and 1st round pick each year of college before we drafted him. So what is your beef with this kid?

Teams need role players, and glue guys in their starting unit. Singler just happens to fit that mode perfectly rather it's at the SG or SF. Now the numbers you posted aren't bad numbers but Singler value is much more than glaring stats. In fact those numbers would exceed what Prince has giving us as a starter. Those numbers would be right there with what Rip gave us and some swore up and down he couldn't defend. I assure you that you won't see Singler turning over the ball as much as Rip.

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty Singler

Post  Sparma Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:52 pm

I don't think it's fair to take the kid's best game and say that if he plays at that clip throughout, then you'll admit you're wrong, Sebastian. Similarly, it wouldn't be fare to say that if Drummond averages 13 points and 13 rebounds a game, he's fine, but otherwise there's a problem. Both are rookies and some inconsistency, some exploiting of holes in their games, is to be expected. That said, I expect Singler to be a consistently valuable contributor, just not necessarily at the pace of his best game.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty Singler

Post  lemonpen Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:56 pm

I like Singler for all of the reasons mentioned B4. But I really like him at the SG over SF. At the 2 position Singler (6'8") makes us significantly bigger in the starting unit, something we sorely lack. The Magic game exposed him a little in that LF had to pull Kyle early in the 1st & 3rd due to fatigue from chasing the smaller more active JJ Redick. In turn I guess/hope there will be times when the opponent will suffer badly from the size disparity.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty A FEW OBVIOUS MACHINATIONS

Post  lemonpen Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:09 pm

deusXango wrote:Don't play any of the expiring contracts (Maggette, Maxiell, Daye, Bynum), and don't resign 'em (let them be someone else's headache). The money harvested from that decision would allow us (#1) to play Drummond, and Kravtsov for extended minutes, and free up time for Middleton/English. (#2) We can talk about the trade value of Villanueva, Jerebko, Prince, and Stuckey only; our core and youth is off-limits!

Once the league can see what we're trying to do, in the way of an honest rebuild effort, FA signing will be so much easier (who doesn't want to be apart of a team on the rise?). Maybe, just maybe, Josh Smith ain't all in love with the Hawks and will resign elsewhere, ala Grant Hill, plus Smith isn't restricted. We can't put together a package, with what we have, to acquire top tier talent but, I wouldn't be opposed to bringing in a Matt Barnes or Paul Millsap....hard-nosed veterans, who produce, know the game, and aren't selfish. Players that give a consistent defensive effort.

If the young'uns compete and win a playoff spot, then WOW, Joe knows what he's doing (it's doubtful that they will just lay down and not do their best; they're playing for contracts that they never thought they would've had an opportunity to). If that happens, we're an attractive destination for FA's. If we fall short, and end up in the lottery again, we keep our 1st round pick for one more year (eventually fate will tip the balance our way; why not sooner than later?).

We don't owe the veterans a damn thing, as they've been and will be handsomely paid (much more than they're worth), so sitting or being placed on the trade block is nothing more than the obvious; their days as Pistons have passed, and in the passing, the torch is now in the hands of qualified youth.

I agree with 90% of what you say. But, as our youth assumes their rightfull positions someone has to back them up. It seems a natural transition for some of those who once started to become an effective bench squad as we await their contract expiration date or they agree to smaller deals.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty Seb

Post  Oracle Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:15 pm

Sebastian wrote:Folks, let's not get ahead of OURselves when it comes to Kyle Singler. It is true that, thus far (the 14th game of the season) he has displayed a cerebral effectiveness and efficiency to his game. No disagreements, there.

Let US let this season play out a bit more with Kyle Singler as you'll choice as the Pistons starting SG. I still contend that Singler should be OUR 8th or 9th man and until then his true effectiveness will not be recognized. Singler as OUR starting 2 guard, will become exposed as the season continues.

I still contend that Singler is not a starting 2 guard in this League and if he continues to start, WE will all begin to see the warts of this decision.

Seb, there's no right or wrong, you're approaching this entirely the wrong way.

lemon likes him at the 2, I prefer him at the 3, for the same reasons you stated. It's just a matter of time before he's completely exposed at the 2. Even last game, he was flat on his face(on the floor), getting exposed when they get him further away from the basket. SG's are just too fast for him, and that Red Dick Mofo ran rings around him while torching us in Orlando!

But dumping a player that smart and a NATURAL baller isn't something we should do. He doesn't need to be a star, hell, Prince wasn't, but when you get a player that makes others better, becomes a decent scorer this early in his career, plays decent defense, and has a high basketball IQ, you find ways to keep him.

This talk of Josh Smith doesn't move me one bit, especially since the money he will need prohibits us from keeping some of the people we'll need to contend. I would like to have Smith, but not at the price he would command.

However, I never say never, and if the right deal could be structured, and we wouldn't lose too much flexibility, it may work, but I don't know if he's that big of an impact star that would put us over the top.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty Lemon

Post  Oracle Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:22 pm

lemonpen wrote:I agree with 90% of what you say. But, as our youth assumes their rightfull positions someone has to back them up. It seems a natural transition for some of those who once started to become an effective bench squad as we await their contract expiration date or they agree to smaller deals.

It is a natural transition, and the veterans are very much needed, IMO.

That's why I like the inclusion of CV, and the eventual move of Maxiell & Prince to the bench. Moving Prince out will take longer, but Maxiell may get moved around the all star break.

I'm loving the Stuckey led bench with CV, Magette & Drummond, this unit, IMO, could be very dynamic!

So, my bottom line is that I want to see the vets transition, but no sooner than it makes sense. The youngsters have a lot of years ahead of them, and a few months won't make much of an impact.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty Agree Sparma

Post  WTF Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:28 pm

Sparma wrote:I don't think it's fair to take the kid's best game and say that if he plays at that clip throughout, then you'll admit you're wrong, Sebastian. Similarly, it wouldn't be fare to say that if Drummond averages 13 points and 13 rebounds a game, he's fine, but otherwise there's a problem. Both are rookies and some inconsistency, some exploiting of holes in their games, is to be expected. That said, I expect Singler to be a consistently valuable contributor, just not necessarily at the pace of his best game.

Even Monroe hasn't found consistency in his game and we been waiting 5 season for Stuckey to do it. It's not fair to put those expectation on Singler, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if he did. I don't see him hitting the rookie wall like most rookies because he spent last season overseas. Singler is by no means a throw away player when you look at his long term and overall value.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty Kyle Singler

Post  Sebastian Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:35 pm

Oracle wrote:
Sebastian wrote:Folks, let's not get ahead of OURselves when it comes to Kyle Singler. It is true that, thus far (the 14th game of the season) he has displayed a cerebral effectiveness and efficiency to his game. No disagreements, there.

Seb, there's no right or wrong, you're approaching this entirely the wrong way.

lemon likes him at the 2, I prefer him at the 3, for the same reasons you stated. It's just a matter of time before he's completely exposed at the 2. Even last game, he was flat on his face(on the floor), getting exposed when they get him further away from the basket. SG's are just too fast for him, and that Red Dick Mofo ran rings around him while torching us in Orlando!

But dumping a player that smart and a NATURAL baller isn't something we should do. He doesn't need to be a star, hell, Prince wasn't, but when you get a player that makes others better, becomes a decent scorer this early in his career, plays decent defense, and has a high basketball IQ, you find ways to keep him.

This talk of Josh Smith doesn't move me one bit, especially since the money he will need prohibits us from keeping some of the people we'll need to contend. I would like to have Smith, but not at the price he would command.

However, I never say never, and if the right deal could be structured, and we wouldn't lose too much flexibility, it may work, but I don't know if he's that big of an impact star that would put us over the top.

Oracle, Wise, DX and my other Pistons pals, all that I am saying is let's wait to have a larger sample size (number of games) to evaluate before WE anoint Singler the next Larry Legend or Dan Majerle.

As I have stated, I am pleasantly (I may not have written "pleasantly" in previous post related to this topic) surprised with Singler's ability to transcend his game from the ACC, to Spain, and now to the NBA, but it has been less than a month.

Let's just see how he continues. How he responds to hitting the proverbial Rookie Wall? How responds to having to guard the SG position night after night in the League?

Again, as I have stated I would trade him, today, as part of package to obtain a more established player (i.e. Josh Smith).

But, let's be real fellas (and ladies), if Kyle Singler (in my Steven A. Smith voice) is OUR 3rd best player, then WE are in more trouble than WE think.

Side note: I continue to respect the points of view that you guys and gals submit.

Now, let's see if OUR Pistons and L. Frank can beat a team that WE have already lost to this season. So far, OUR Pistons and L. Frank have lost to the Rockets, Thunder, and Magic twice.

If L. Frank can't beat the Suns, tonight, then it will be the fourth team that WE have taken two L's from during the first month of the season.

Last edited by Sebastian on Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty Off Topic

Post  WTF Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:47 pm

I've decided to move into the HD Age of television. Not that my reliable 36" Sharpe isn't still alive and kicking and I'm going to hang on to it until it dies. Nonetheless I've decided to buy a new TV, but not looking to spend an arm and a leg for it. What's the best and most reliable TV out there?

Every reveiw I've read about HD TV's today have sucked.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  Sebastian Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:09 pm

WISEFAN wrote:I've decided to move into the HD Age of television. Not that my reliable 36" Sharpe isn't still alive and kicking and I'm going to hang on to it until it dies. Nonetheless I've decided to buy a new TV, but not looking to spend an arm and a leg for it. What's the best and most reliable TV out there?

Wise, I watch OUR Pistons on a 40" Magnovox (purchased in Dec. 2009) that has great sound and color. Here is link to a 2012 HDTV Buying Guide that you may find helpful [Only admins are allowed to see this link].
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty On Topic

Post  deusXango Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:42 pm

WISEFAN wrote:I've decided to move into the HD Age of television. Not that my reliable 36" Sharpe isn't still alive and kicking and I'm going to hang on to it until it dies. Nonetheless I've decided to buy a new TV, but not looking to spend an arm and a leg for it. What's the best and most reliable TV out there?

Wise, I think if you take the time and look at the Vizio 42"-50" LED/LCD's, and compare them to all the others, you'll be more than pleasently suprised. The picture, reliability, durability, and most importantly, price is hard to beat for overall quality. If you're a low-light to no light viewer, and on the market for a plasma, then I'm suggesting a Samsung 51" (the best priced on the market). Always shop for 1080p not 720p, and 600hz on your plasma; never fall for the hype of price in buying a HDTV that's listed @ 60hz (you're a live action sports viewer, and 60hz is much too slow; it gives you the matrix effect, and detracts from the enjoyment of the event; too hard on the eyes) always go for 120hz to 240hz.

Where to shop? I suggest Costco's because of their coverage of product. All HDTV's come with a standard 1 year warranty from the manufacturer; Costco buyers are given 2 years backed by Costco! You're also priviledged to purchace an extended warranty for up to 3 years (5 years total), at an unbelieveably low price. Ask family, friends, and neighbors about Costco's reliability. Good luck, good hunting, and Merry Christmas!
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty OH, YEAH

Post  deusXango Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:16 pm

I forgot to mention Wise, that while you're at it, check out the "sound bars," if you're not into the whole home entertainment thing, and look at the reproductive quailties of Blu-ray players vs DVD players.....go on and blow your hair all the way back. Get familiar with the products so you'll be ready to take full advantage of the after Christmas pricing and sales.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty DX and Sebastian

Post  WTF Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:56 pm

deusXango wrote:I forgot to mention Wise, that while you're at it, check out the "sound bars," if you're not into the whole home entertainment thing, and look at the reproductive quailties of Blu-ray players vs DVD players.....go on and blow your hair all the way back. Get familiar with the products so you'll be ready to take full advantage of the after Christmas pricing and sales.

DX, So you're saying wait until after the holiday to grab a TV (Sounds reasonable). I look online at Costco they seem kinda of steep on the pricing though but the Vizio seem like a nice HD TV. 1080 pixal are a little more expensive than the 720 but I'm a Big Gamer with my PS3 System and would need a 1080 to take full advantage of it Blu-Ray abilities and 3D.

Sebastian, Thanks for the link it also help in knowing what to look for. I don't know of anyone personally that had issues with their TV's but man every TV I look at had a shit load of bad reviews. Boy was it easy when it was just a freaking tube in the back of TV, now I have to know the difference between LED and LCD. That link however only suggest buying Tier 1 Brand TV's and they are not cheap. Viso, Samsung, Sharp Haier and some others are not on that list of Tier 1 Brands.

TV shopping sucks!

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty Confidently Relying On

Post  lemonpen Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:08 pm

If Singler remains a SG, I'm confident he will shed some weight and improve the skills required to be a top SG. He just strikes me as that kind of guy.

lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next