Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+12
Fennis Dembo
Sebastian
Murph
Grizz2
Phil-Good
Sissy1946
Oracle
merc
cool breeze
lemonpen
deusXango
WTF
16 posters

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty Every time Frank opens his pie hole ..

Post  Grizz2 Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:10 am

Frank shows his stupidity .. "What about Will Bynum?" Frank shot back upon the suggestion of Stuckey having more opportunities to create with the ball if Singler started and Stuckey came off the bench. "You always have to do what's best for the team, not what's best for the individual. I think when the focus is individual over team, that's when you get problems."

Uhh.. Coach Frank .. The team plays better with Singler playing .. GOT THAT? The TEAM!
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty Giving Credit when it is due ..

Post  Grizz2 Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:13 am

Oracle wrote:Don, I couldn't agree more!

I don't know how you could watch that game and fail to see just how good Singler is, and this is coming from someone that wrote him off on day one!

Is he the best athlete? No, but IMO, he's as, or more athletic than Prince, the guy he SHOULD replace! As a side note, I do agree with you that Prince is now playing very well, but you have to admit he has a very mixed start of the season.

Singler just seems to do everything right, and he has a sweet reliable stroke all the way out to 3pt land! Wherever he's at, this kid is going to be a valuable piece.

Jason Maxiell was a FORCE last night! That's very good news for us if he stays here, and even better news if we can get a trade going. JMax would be a very valuable big off the bench for a contender, and a package of Prince & Maxiell is looking like gold now!

As lemonpen said, Philly played awful! They couldn't shoot, they couldn't convert their free throws, and had numerous defensive lapses, but we didn't let them off the hook, and that's how you win.

We just need to do that against better teams(which Philly will be).

Oracle .. I keep burying Jmax ... but .. to be honest .. he has played well or decent most of the time .. and as you correctly point out .. he was A BEAST in the 76er game .. Lets see if he can keep the BEAST energy going ..

Going to be very interesting to see ... Stuckey vs Afflalo ... former teammates drafted the same year .. going head to head at SG .. This game is a good test because we are going against a team with what .. 2 wins to our 1? Lets see who is the worse team or has the better head coach ! .. for now ..
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty Don Was The Bringer Of The Bird Comment

Post  WTF Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:23 am

Oracle wrote:I guess I'm getting lost here, how did Larry Bird get into this conversation about Singler?

What are you guys talking about? Last I looked there are a shit load of levels between a major superstar like Bird/Magic/Jordan/Zeke, and the Darko types.

So why would anybody leap to that wierd and strange of a comparison?

I said the kid had a LOT of potential, NEVER said he was there, and classified him as a valuable piece... where's Bird in that?

Oh, and by the way, the LARGEST praise I gave him was that he could become a 2nd tier star! Was Bird a 2nd tier star?

Why the Singler hate?

Sorry Oracle when said you agreed with Don posting I assume you agree with that Bird comment iin his posting as well. Don took it as if me and Sebastian were somehow criitical of Singler and we weren't.....My Bad
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty Wise

Post  Oracle Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:10 am

WISEFAN wrote:Sorry Oracle when said you agreed with Don posting I assume you agree with that Bird comment iin his posting as well. Don took it as if me and Sebastian were somehow criitical of Singler and we weren't.....My Bad

Hey Wise, thanks for making that clear, I think you and Seb may have been reacting to Don's post to avoid anybody setting un-real expectations on the kid!

I totally agree! I was just reacting to us finally finding and keeping a gem in the draft.

IMO, Singler is the type of player that every team needs to make that run. Also, I think he's a way more complete player than JJ, and you know we all love JJ's hustle, but Singler just delivers more.

BTW... How about those Knicks!!!

What a win in SA! WOW!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty Yes...Patrick Hayes Is A Huge Asshole

Post  Murph Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:42 am

Sebastian wrote:I appreciate most about the Pistons Talk Forum that We've created, here, is the genuine respect that WE have of each one's points-of-view. Unlike, some other high, profiled, moderated Pistons forum (specifically, PistonsPowered).

No, WE don't all agree, but when WE disagree, WE tend to do it with respect and without a sense of authority, like some other high, profiled, Pistons forum moderators (PistonsPowered, Patrick Hayes).

Sebastian...I could not agree more. That sight, PistonsPowered, would be so much better without that dumb-ass, Patrick Hayes. Very few of the interesting articles on that sight are written by Hayes. Most of the worthwhile articles are written by Feldman.

Not only that, Hayes has a serious personality disorder. His comments to his readers are nasty, petty and often intelletually dishonest and just plain wrong.

Hayes is clearly a frustrated wannabe jounalist an author. He can't get a real sports writting job, and he can't get any of his stupid books published, so he takes his frustrations out on his readers by insulting them.

In sum...Patrick Hayes is a huge asshole.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty Hating on Hayes

Post  Grizz2 Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:19 am

Murph wrote:
Sebastian wrote:I appreciate most about the Pistons Talk Forum that We've created, here, is the genuine respect that WE have of each one's points-of-view. Unlike, some other high, profiled, moderated Pistons forum (specifically, PistonsPowered).

No, WE don't all agree, but when WE disagree, WE tend to do it with respect and without a sense of authority, like some other high, profiled, Pistons forum moderators (PistonsPowered, Patrick Hayes).

Sebastian...I could not agree more. That sight, PistonsPowered, would be so much better without that dumb-ass, Patrick Hayes. Very few of the interesting articles on that sight are written by Hayes. Most of the worthwhile articles are written by Feldman.

Not only that, Hayes has a serious personality disorder. His comments to his readers are nasty, petty and often intelletually dishonest and just plain wrong.

Hayes is clearly a frustrated wannabe jounalist an author. He can't get a real sports writting job, and he can't get any of his stupid books published, so he takes his frustrations out on his readers by insulting them.

In sum...Patrick Hayes is a huge asshole.

Murphy and Lemon ... very very true about PHayes ... He doesnt deserve the gig ... and I for 1 wont even go to Pistonpowered so long as he is there ...Glad as hell as we have this forum instead ..
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty Da Knicks

Post  WTF Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:14 am

Oracle those Knicks look for real. I said in a previous posting that having Woodson and Sheed is making all the difference in the world for them. Not that Sheed is lighting things up stat wise, but he's helping Woodson sell his idea of playing defense.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty Players Like Singler Keep Hope Alive In League

Post  WTF Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:53 am

Kyle Singler said after his freshmen season "I didn’t give the NBA any thought, I know I’m not ready. I need to mature both physically and mentally. I want to get stronger and quicker, and I want to work on learning how to play the game. I’m at a great place for that"

I recently said that getting Kyle was like having an extra lottery pick. The above comment is why I can cheer for a guy like Kyle and be critical of players like Brandon Knight. Kyle never bought into that ESPN Hype Machine Bullshit though every year he was projected to be either a lottery selection or 1st round pick. Kyle was smart enough to realize his limitation going to the NBA even as he gotten better each year a Duke. Just imagine how much better Knight would be had he stayed 4 years and not get sucked in by his press clippings. Singler was another player that felled into Joe's lap and hopefully they don't screw him over like all the other before him.

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty Sheed and the Gang

Post  Murph Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:18 pm

WISEFAN wrote:Oracle those Knicks look for real. I said in a previous posting that having Woodson and Sheed is making all the difference in the world for them. Not that Sheed is lighting things up stat wise, but he's helping Woodson sell his idea of playing defense.

You know, I didn't have very high expectations for Sheed this year. After all, he's 38 and he had been retired for 2 seasons. I thought he'd be rusty and out of shape. But in fact, he's pretty much the same old Sheed. He's still a defensive presense, and still jacks up too many 3 pointers. But for the most part, he's making a positive contribution in NY.

Which begs the question: Had Joe just kept the core of that Championship team together (Billups, Hamilton, Prince, Wallace and Wallace), is there any doubt that these guys would STILL be making the playoffs year after year?

We all look at the San Antonio Spurs with wonder. But the reason for their continued success is no secret. They kept their veteran core together (Duncan, Parker, Ginobili), and added good players around them through the draft and free agency. Oh...and it didn't hurt that they found a great coach and kept him...for 17 years.

Joe?

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty Well, I agree with Frank on this one...

Post  Oracle Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:35 pm

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Singler had a great game, and should get a starting position, but NOT at the SG position, I still think Stuckey is better there as an individual player, even though Singler is probably better there as a team player.

I think Stuckey can get better at being a team player, and then deliver more to us from the SG position.

Besides, I want everyone that is a possible trade piece to get PT and do well! We NEED some movement by Joe to really get this thing together and either make the playoffs, or crash and burn for the best pick.

What I don't want is a team that comes in at the 9th position that allows Joe to pick another role player, we really do need a star type player in the worst way!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty Sheed and the Gang

Post  Oracle Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:38 pm

Murph, I believe they would still be making the playoffs, but getting put out earlier and earlier.

Also, we'd all be screaming that we can't win championships with these old dudes, and calling for everybody's head.

IMO, we needed to crash, because Joe had gotten to the point that he didn't believe his stuff smelled, and fans believed we were entitled to a 'ship every year.

Now everyone has their eyes wide open, and will enjoy watching our young guys grow and win.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty 6 YEARS OF DOING WHAT?

Post  deusXango Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:40 pm

Oracle wrote:I think Stuckey can get better at being a team player, and then deliver more to us from the SG position.

Yeah? When?
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty 2 Spot

Post  lemonpen Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:01 pm

Looks like LF has changed his mind and Singler will start tonight. Apparently Stuckey convinced him. I think coach also figured out there will be no time for KS if not at the 2 spot. LF is going to play Cory 20 min at 3.

With this being Rodneys idea everyone is committed to succeeding. WIN-WIN clap
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty 2 Spot

Post  WTF Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:00 pm

lemonpen wrote:Looks like LF has changed his mind and Singler will start tonight. Apparently Stuckey convinced him. I think coach also figured out there will be no time for KS if not at the 2 spot. LF is going to play Cory 20 min at 3.

With this being Rodneys idea everyone is committed to succeeding. WIN-WIN clap

Well this shows some maturity in Stuckey, but I'm still not cconvince that Singler is best suited to play SG. I'll have to watch closely tonight since I missed the Philly game to see how well he does. I also want to see if Stuckey can find his shot again by coming off the bench.

Again this is a major step up in maturity for Stuckey. tb
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty Good For Stuckey

Post  Murph Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:00 pm

Hey...it's worth a shot to bring Stuckey off the bench. For years now, we've all be talking about how the Pistons could use a combo guard to fill a role like the one Vinnie Johnson filled on the Bad Boyz. Stuckey might be just the guy to come in off the bench, and light it up.

Look at it this way, at least Stuckey and Singler will soak up most of Bynum's minutes.

I'm looking forward to tonight's game to see how the new rotations performs.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty Good For Stuckey

Post  lemonpen Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:28 pm

Murph wrote:Hey...it's worth a shot to bring Stuckey off the bench. For years now, we've all be talking about how the Pistons could use a combo guard to fill a role like the one Vinnie Johnson filled on the Bad Boyz. Stuckey might be just the guy to come in off the bench, and light it up.

Look at it this way, at least Stuckey and Singler will soak up most of Bynum's minutes.

Not so fast Senior.
I wouldn't pin my hopes on Bynums PT being affected. How he plays might change though. WillieB has been seriously ball hogging lately. Both Cory and Rodney attack the rim and require the ball to do so. Something has gotta give.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty WillieB

Post  Murph Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:40 pm

I am pinning my hopes on Bynum playing less.

And I'm not really a Bynum hater. He's played ok, and he always hustles. (Although his +/- numbers are lousy.)

It's just that I don't think Bynum has much of a future with the Pistons. I doubt Joe will bring him back next year, nor should he. Joe could find a much better, younger option for his 2nd or 3rd string PG, than Bynum, such as Detroit's own Ray McCallum.

This might be just the opportunity Joe and Lil Larry need to ease WillieB out of the rotation.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty YEP!...Good on Stuckey........:>)

Post  Rett Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:45 pm

Murph wrote:Hey...it's worth a shot to bring Stuckey off the bench. For years now, we've all be talking about how the Pistons could use a combo guard to fill a role like the one Vinnie Johnson filled on the Bad Boyz. Stuckey might be just the guy to come in off the bench, and light it up.

Rett

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty This would be my rotation

Post  Phil-Good Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:36 pm

Singlar at the 2

BK7 at 1

Prince at the 3

Moose at the 4

Big Drummonds at the 5

Mad Max back up Center

J.J back up PF

Back up 3 would be Corey Mac

Back up 2 would be English

Back up PG would be Stuckey.

Daye, Charlie V, Bynum, Stuckey, Mad Max. With hopes of trading away any of these 5 ASAP!
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  cool breeze Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:58 pm

WISEFAN wrote:
Oracle wrote:I guess I'm getting lost here, how did Larry Bird get into this conversation about Singler?

What are you guys talking about? Last I looked there are a shit load of levels between a major superstar like Bird/Magic/Jordan/Zeke, and the Darko types.

I said the kid had a LOT of potential, NEVER said he was there, and classified him as a valuable piece... where's Bird in that?

Oh, and by the way, the LARGEST praise I gave him was that he could become a 2nd tier star! Was Bird a 2nd tier star?

Why the Singler hate?

Sorry Oracle when said you agreed with Don posting I assume you agree with that Bird comment iin his posting as well. Don took it as if me and Sebastian were somehow criitical of Singler and we weren't.....My Bad

WISEFAN and others, I am sorry to have gone on a rant the other day regarding comments made about Singler. I know that you have supported the addition of Singler when others could have cared less if he had stayed in Europe. A close friend died and I attended his funeral before reading stuff from the Forum and over reacted.

My comments about Larry Bird and Singler was not to compare the two players. I did know that Singler has studied Larry Bird's game very closely and has incorporated Bird's approach to improving his game. This all started way back for Singler regarding using Bird as his role model when it came to playing basketball. I am sure Singler has no expectations that he will have the amazing career of Bird but it doesn't hurt to get what you can from one of the most fundamentally sound players of all time. Who would have thought that Larry Bird would have made such a impact on the game when he was playing at Indiana State? Even Bob Knight didn't know what he had and Let Bird drop out of Indiana because he was being bullied by guys like Kent Benson. Bird got the last laugh on those bloated egos who were playing for Indiana at the time. Singler is old school. I just hope he can avoid injury, play with confidence, and hold on to that starting spot. If he does, then we will see a huge leap forward in Kyle's game and the Pistons success.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty Stuckey is finished as a starter...

Post  Grizz2 Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:10 pm

deusXango wrote:
Oracle wrote:I think Stuckey can get better at being a team player, and then deliver more to us from the SG position.

Yeah? When?

DX .. i agree .. once again .. Stuckey has been ruined .. yes .. he may well play great today .. but on a regular basis where he should be starting? No one should be holding their breath on that .. WE'VE BEEN BEING treated to Stuckey style long enough, more than a few seasons .. The point is .. even when he plays well .. the team is just standing around ..It's all him or nothing .. he does not move the ball well ...Pick and roll? Cuts to the basket? very rare either to give or take the pass on that play .. Is this Stuckey's fault? More Joe Dumars's bad ... by hiring 3 straight idiots for head coaches ... And will remind everyone that Frank said NO WAY to STuckey not being the starter .. because then Will Bynum would be out of the Mix (SUPRESSING DESIRE TO SWEAR LOUDLY) ... Stuckey has proven he cannot and should not start anymore ...but Frank is stupid and stubbornly so .. YET even though STUCKEY hurts the team .. Frank stupidly says that its better for the team to have Stuckey starting and Bynum coming off the bench .. BOTH WRECK TEAM CHEMISTRY .. FIRE FRANK ASAP!
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty Another loss ..

Post  Grizz2 Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:17 pm

“Sometimes it’s simply a matter of having the best player on the court, and that’s exactly what that little girl was tonight,” Pistons coach Lawrence Frank told reporters after the game, adding that double teams made little difference against the aggressive, ponytailed 10-year-old. “I tried to tell my guys to just keep their hands up, but she used those pointy elbows of hers to clear space and went up over the top of us on almost every play. Nothing you can do to stop that.” lol
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty @cool breeze

Post  WTF Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:57 pm

cool breeze wrote:
WISEFAN wrote:

Why the Singler hate?

WISEFAN and others, I am sorry to have gone on a rant the other day regarding comments made about Singler. I know that you have supported the addition of Singler when others could have cared less if he had stayed in Europe. A close friend died and I attended his funeral before reading stuff from the Forum and over reacted.

My comments about Larry Bird and Singler was not to compare the two players. I did know that Singler has studied Larry Bird's game very closely and has incorporated Bird's approach to improving his game. This all started way back for Singler regarding using Bird as his role model when it came to playing basketball. I am sure Singler has no expectations that he will have the amazing career of Bird but it doesn't hurt to get what you can from one of the most fundamentally sound players of all time. Who would have thought that Larry Bird would have made such a impact on the game when he was playing at Indiana State? Even Bob Knight didn't know what he had and Let Bird drop out of Indiana because he was being bullied by guys like Kent Benson. Bird got the last laugh on those bloated egos who were playing for Indiana at the time. Singler is old school. I just hope he can avoid injury, play with confidence, and hold on to that starting spot. If he does, then we will see a huge leap forward in Kyle's game and the Pistons success.

First let me say I very sorry to hear about your friend, I know how difficult holiday and near holiday losses are.

The Bird thing I didn't know about Singler and that just one more reason to root for this kid. Like I said I'm all for players staying as long as they can in college to truly learn the game. This kid isn't about hype and bullshit and I like that
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty Joe changes Frank's mind?

Post  Grizz2 Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:47 pm

Pre-Magic Game ... Frank vehemently states Stuckey WILL start today's game, scolding a reporter who dared to suggest Singler probably should start from here on out .. ... but there is Singler starting at SG once again .. and playing well .. PLUS MINUS ... Stuckey -10 ... Singler +14 .. Big game to win because it is at home vs a bad team .. Go Pistons ..

Frank seems steadfast to the idea of Stuckey returning to the starting lineup for tonight's game against the Magic. "Same lineup, we haven't changed. Everything's the same," Frank said after practice. "He looked better." "What about Will Bynum?" Frank shot back upon the suggestion of Stuckey having more opportunities to create with the ball as a member of the 2nd unit. "You always have to do what's best for the team, not what's best for the individual. I think when the focus is individual over team, that's when you get problems."

AND THEN ..

"It's not because Kyle played better, it's because Rodney said, 'Hey, they had a great rhythm and flow," Frank said. "Rodney can be the dynamic guy off the bench. I'm not going to take a guy out the lineup because he had the flu and missed one game. That's a knee jerk reaction."

HOW DUMB AND LAME CAN YOU GET?! ... this is not a real head coach .. It is because Rodney said WHAT Twisted Evil ..?????? What about how Stuckey has played every pre-season game and regular season game so far???!!!! Could those be considered as a solid basis to make a decision Lil Larry? Mad
THANK GOD JOE DUMARS MADE YOU DO THIS ... start Singler over Stuckey ..
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty Fading down the stretch

Post  Oracle Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:44 pm

How do you let JaQueer Nelson and that Red Dick mofo beat you?

Hopefully JMax's monster dunk will help!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next