Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+12
Fennis Dembo
Sebastian
Murph
Grizz2
Phil-Good
Sissy1946
Oracle
merc
cool breeze
lemonpen
deusXango
WTF
16 posters

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 7 Empty Exactly!

Post  Oracle Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:13 pm

WISEFAN wrote:I can either take CV or not, I just think he's better choice than Maxiell is. IMO it's a waste sitting him and not playing him, largely in part because I don't think any of the last two coaches has any idea how to use him with all the limitation he has. You hide CV in a zone defense and let him guard an area, and offensively you use him in a halfcourt game. If the intent is to run, and play man to man then CV isn't a good fit. Right now the team half-court game sucks with Maxiell, and CV is perfect when the team needs to slow it down and run their half-court game.

Paying CV 8 million to sit on the end of the bench is just stupid, he has no trade value sitting. If they are not going to playing cut him and let him go elsewhere. I'm sure OKC, LA, Miami, Chicago and Boston would love to have him for pennies.

I really don't want to see either playing, but if you're going to play Maxiell, you need to think twice.

Let me be clear, I don't like either player, but the reasons are as stark as night and day!

I don't like Maxiell for reasons totally beyond his control, which is sad. If he was 2-3 inches taller, he would be in a sweet spot. So while I do see that he's working hard, it's just impossible to overcome the physical limitations of the positions he plays.

I don't like CV for reasons completely within his control! He doesn't play hard, he's lazy on defense, and he screams like a 12 year old girl when rebounds come his way! In short, he's kind of disgusting!

However, BOTH players can be used in situations that could help this team in support of the youth development.

I think you can be in full rebuild and still play vets withing the framework of that rebuild(if forced by the GM not making moves).

When we need scoring, CV is your man! Put him in, and you'll know pretty quickly if he's decided to play that night. If he does, he's going to score in bunches, if not, sit his arse down and play more Maxiell.

The real solution is for Joe to package these guys up, because we're horrible at getting maximum use out of anybody!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 7 Empty For heavens sake Joe, make a trade!

Post  Oracle Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:22 pm

It almost appears that we're punishing CV & Daye!

Joe brought them here, praised them highly, and then treats them like garbage!

We used to hear about all the calls to get Daye from us, and Joe has made those calls dry up totally.

That's like having something valuable and crapping on it until nobody wants to touch it.

As Bill Marr said, "If you clean your whole house and something still smells, you may be the source of the problem!"
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 7 Empty Our Guard Play Really Sucks

Post  WTF Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:00 pm

Jarden and Lin is kicking on our asses while Stuckey and Knight make bone-headed plays one after another facepalm Bad Shots! Turn Overs! Air Balls! Dumb Fouls!
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 7 Empty It 's just tooo late ..

Post  Grizz2 Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:01 pm

Oracle wrote:It almost appears that we're punishing CV & Daye!

Joe brought them here, praised them highly, and then treats them like garbage!

We used to hear about all the calls to get Daye from us, and Joe has made those calls dry up totally.

That's like having something valuable and crapping on it until nobody wants to touch it.

As Bill Marr said, "If you clean your whole house and something still smells, you may be the source of the problem!"

Oracle ... the same reason we dont want them .. they dont want them ... Maybe Daye could have developed into a PF but I doubt it .. NO FOOT SPEED in any direction ... and no court smarts .. Once the rest of the league figured out how to abuse Daye .. it made him unplayable .. though I still like my cheap Russian Vodka but expensive call girls theory the best because then I can post pics of them here .. and you have to admit ,,, Daye played better at least mentally before To Russia with Love..

but you are right that early on ... other teams were asking for Daye ...
[Only admins are allowed to see this image]
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 7 Empty Have You Notice

Post  WTF Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:25 pm

That Malteen sounds and act like Keenan's SNL character "What's Up With That" I keep waiting for him to simg the song OOOOweeeeeeeee What's Up That, What's Up With That OOOOOweeeeeeeee What's Up With That.

[youtube]<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/N_h77U50qp4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/youtube]

How do I get the video tp show and play?
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 7 Empty Grizz

Post  Oracle Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:59 pm

I want some of THAT for Christmas!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 7 Empty They break us down...

Post  Oracle Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:03 pm

More often than Apple Maps!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 7 Empty Frank & CV

Post  Oracle Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:13 pm

Well, Frank must be hearing me & Wise!

We're down, and need some offensive spark to get back into the game... the perfect situation to use CV, and Frank did it!

Unfortunately CV is HORRID! He was on a fast break, and I was huffing and praying he could make it to the hoop! He made it, barely, and blew the shot, but got to the line.

Then the Rockets had the ball, and only CV and 1 Rocket were under the basket. You'd think that the Rockets would love to pass the ball to their man under the basket, and you'd be right!

In fact, the TV & Web viewing audience knew that, the fans in the stands knew it, hell, even the roaches under the seats knew it!

Unfortunately, CV didn't think he had to guard him, and BAM, 2 totally uncontested points.

Of course, CV did react after the ball went through the hoop for 2 points... What a sorry ass!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 7 Empty I beg to differ on Daye

Post  Oracle Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:19 pm

Daye looks GOOD!

He has better speed than I remember!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 7 Empty Frank & CV

Post  WTF Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:24 pm

Oracle wrote:Well, Frank must be hearing me & Wise!

We're down, and need some offensive spark to get back into the game... the perfect situation to use CV, and Frank did it!

Unfortunately CV is HORRID! He was on a fast break, and I was huffing and praying he could make it to the hoop! He made it, barely, and blew the shot, but got to the line.

Then the Rockets had the ball, and only CV and 1 Rocket were under the basket. You'd think that the Rockets would love to pass the ball to their man under the basket, and you'd be right!

In fact, the TV & Web viewing audience knew that, the fans in the stands knew it, hell, even the roaches under the seats knew it!

Unfortunately, CV didn't think he had to guard him, and BAM, 2 totally uncontested points.

Of course, CV did react after the ball went through the hoop for 2 points... What a sorry ass!!!

LMAO! Yeah CV looked pretty bad out there for a minute I felt Stupid then decide to blame it on bench rust facepalm
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 7 Empty Monday Thunder

Post  WTF Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:49 pm

I'll be sitting behind Frank and the boys Monday. Maybe I'll throw rocks at them eat

I'm really bothered by how our offense is being ran, I honestly don't think these fools run actual plays and when they do it's accidental. The Alley Ball School Yard Antics of Knight, Stuckey and Bynum make you want to puke.

Okay before everyone come with excuse for them, just think about this. Remember the days when our PG's of old Zeke and Chauncey would just simply slow the game down in a situation like this the last of 4 games in 5 nights. Remeber how they would walk the ball up the court, point where they wanted a player to move on the court actually fucking directing the team and running plays. Chauncey telling Big Ben and Sheed where to set screens for an ever moving Rip, Zeke always know Joe is nestle in corner for a three.

Well Knight, Stuckey and Bynum don't know shit! Wow remember how Zeke's and Chauncey's teams would go two, three games without a turnover.

Frank is an asshole he stopped doing what was working when he had Prince playing SG, while in the line with Singler, JJ, Moose and Stuckey. Then the ass decides to go zone with the bench with 5 minutes left in the 4th. He's a Dumbass Coach

I know everyone want to see run run run run but these Dummies need to learn fucking fundamentals and how to play in the half-court. They're all brainless, damn do I miss Chuck Rick LB and Flip

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 7 Empty Phil Jackson's Difficult Decision

Post  Grizz2 Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:00 am

According to the NBA grapevine, Phil Jackson will either re-up with the Lakers, or, assuming L. Frank is fired very soon, will join the Pistons in rush to rebuild for championship move ... Actually .. I would root my socks off for the Lakers if only to stop the most hated Heat from repeating .. wouldl be very interesting to see .. Anyway Jackson has already met with the Lakers .. but Joe has not yet exactly arranged an interview here for him in Detroit.
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 7 Empty Enjoy the Game Wise ..

Post  Grizz2 Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:02 am

WISEFAN wrote:I'll be sitting behind Frank and the boys Monday. Maybe I'll throw rocks at them eat

I'm really bothered by how our offense is being ran, I honestly don't think these fools run actual plays and when they do it's accidental. The Alley Ball School Yard Antics of Knight, Stuckey and Bynum make you want to puke.

Okay before everyone come with excuse for them, just think about this. Remember the days when our PG's of old Zeke and Chauncey would just simply slow the game down in a situation like this the last of 4 games in 5 nights. Remeber how they would walk the ball up the court, point where they wanted a player to move on the court actually fucking directing the team and running plays. Chauncey telling Big Ben and Sheed where to set screens for an ever moving Rip, Zeke always know Joe is nestle in corner for a three.

Well Knight, Stuckey and Bynum don't know shit! Wow remember how Zeke's and Chauncey's teams would go two, three games without a turnover.

Frank is an asshole he stopped doing what was working when he had Prince playing SG, while in the line with Singler, JJ, Moose and Stuckey. Then the ass decides to go zone with the bench with 5 minutes left in the 4th. He's a Dumbass Coach

I know everyone want to see run run run run but these Dummies need to learn fucking fundamentals and how to play in the half-court. They're all brainless, damn do I miss Chuck Rick LB and Flip

rockon rockon guitar guitar ... to all you said ..
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 7 Empty Monday's Game

Post  Rett Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:05 am

WISEFAN wrote:I'll be sitting behind Frank and the boys Monday. Maybe I'll throw rocks at them eat Rocks?.....How about some BOULDERS????

Rett

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 7 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  WTF Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:11 am

Rett wrote:
WISEFAN wrote:I'll be sitting behind Frank and the boys Monday. Maybe I'll throw rocks at them eat Rocks?.....How about some BOULDERS????

Rett if I could fit them in my pocket I would....
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 7 Empty This is what head coaches about to be fired say ... not realizing that they are ones responsible for how well an offense is run ...

Post  Grizz2 Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:49 am

"There was no offensive energy out there at all," Detroit coach Lawrence Frank said. "We didn't even give ourselves a chance during that run. I don't make excuses why because I know we're capable of doing more."

Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 7 Empty Stop all your Damn Crying Sour Cynic the PRICK!

Post  Phil-Good Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:32 am

"Well Knight, Stuckey and Bynum don't know shit! Wow remember how Zeke's and Chauncey's teams would go two, three games without a turnover."

Isiah and Big Shot in the Ego teams that has 1 to 0 turnovers were seasoned veteran teams that had been together for years!

Stop bitching and crying and give B.K.7 A chance to learn the game and learn how to lead his team to victory night in and night out. In the end Bynum and Stuckey will not be in Detroit when the Pistons start to compete at the high level so keep them out of it.

STOP ALL THAT GOT-DAMN-CRYING SOUR CYNIC! I told you this past summer not to expect much from this team!

SOUR CYNIC...You're A Jerk you know that?
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 7 Empty Firing L. Frank

Post  Sebastian Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:18 am

Keep in mind folks, L. Frank and OUR Pistons lost to a Rockets team, which was being coached by Kelvin Sampson, as Kevin McHale has taken a personal leave from the team.

Remember that Sampson was a candidate for the Pistons Head Coaching job.

Frank has got to go!!!
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

Post  Phil-Good Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:13 am

Sebastian wrote:Keep in mind folks, L. Frank and OUR Pistons lost to a Rockets team, which was being coached by Kelvin Sampson, as Kevin McHale has taken a personal leave from the team.

Frank has got to go!!!

Instead of blaming the coach, how about dealing with the fact that Houston is A better team then Detroit is At this point in the season no matter who is coaching?

Sorry I'm old school. I look in the mirror before I point fingers at anybody! We have to stop blaming coaches as the excuse why the Pistons suck. This is A rebuilding project and it's very ugly right now.
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 7 Empty Knight had the same problem last year...

Post  Oracle Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:17 am

Knight was a turnover machine last year, and managed to get it under control late in the season.

He'll get it together soon!

The Pistons are DOG TIRED, and in need of some home cooking. I think having this long of a west coast trip to kick off the season is BRUTAL for a team this young, needing to develop chemistry.

None of this excuses Frank who, according to well placed sources, had a copy of the schedule for months!

Still, I've seen progress on this trip, and believe that Frank deserves a bit more time before we know if it's time for his head to come off!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 7 Empty Good point Phillip

Post  Oracle Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:20 am

Phil1980boy wrote:Instead of blaming the coach, how about dealing with the fact that Houston is A better team then Detroit is At this point in the season no matter who is coaching?

Sorry I'm old school. I look in the mirror before I point fingers at anybody! We have to stop blaming coaches as the excuse why the Pistons suck. This is A rebuilding project and it's very ugly right now.

I totally agree, and that's not to say Frank hasn't made a lot of mistakes, but if you look at this properly, he isn't even the biggest part of the problem, which IMO, is getting better.

As I said, give him a bit more time!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 7 Empty SHAT UP SOUR PEE BOY THE BED WETTER

Post  WTF Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:03 am

Please don't give me that crap. It would be one thing if Knight look at least half-way like he had a grasp of simple fundamentals need to play the point. For Christ Sake Piss Boy he's in his second season and has yet to be properly taught how to run an offense.

I don't fully blame Knight for this because it's on Frank to make sure he does what he needs to do. You do remember that coach that always preached playing the right way. The same excuse of being young is the same sorry ass excuse you gave for Stuckey his first 4 seasons.

As for you claim on veteran teams that been together, sorry but Zeke came inro the league with another rookie player who lite up the Dome and Zeke wasn't turning over the ball 4-5 times a game. In fact he was running and directing players out of the gate as a rookie and he wasn't that much older than Knight. CB never had a turnover issue, his problem was shot selection and ball hogging which LB quickly corrected. WE DON'T HAVE A COACH that's willing to correct what's wrong with Knights game.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  WTF Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:06 am

Phil1980boy wrote:
Sebastian wrote:Keep in mind folks, L. Frank and OUR Pistons lost to a Rockets team, which was being coached by Kelvin Sampson, as Kevin McHale has taken a personal leave from the team.

Frank has got to go!!!

Instead of blaming the coach, how about dealing with the fact that Houston is A better team then Detroit is At this point in the season no matter who is coaching?

I don't Pee Boy I blame Gores, Joe and Frank collectively facepalm
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 7 Empty Observations

Post  Murph Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:04 am

Maybe I'm kidding myself, but I just don't think the personnel on this team is that bad. I know we have a lot of rookies playing right now, and I know the schedule has been brutal. But I'm beginning to think that Lil Larry is a significant part of the problem. Nothing in Lil Larry past history has he ever indicated that he's a good coach. His Nets teams got worse and worse almost every year, and this Pistons team isn't doing any better, in spite of it's talent on paper. It might be time to replace Lil Larry

The other thing I'm starting to worry about is that with the easier schedule, the Pistons will start to play respectably in the 2nd half of the season, like last year. The Pistons won't win enough games to contend; but they might win enough games to make it seem as if Lil Larry knows what he's doing, which will postpone his firing for another season or two.

IMO, this team has enough talent and potential that Gores needs to end Lil Larry's tenure sonner rather than later, and sign an accomplished coach to a big long term contract, and stick with him. Jerry Sloan perhaps? Gores...make it happen.

IMO, this team misses Big Ben Wallace in the worst way. I know it didn't make any sense to bring Wallace back for one more season at the ag of 38 to soak up minutes that are going to the younger players. However, IMO, this team is going through serious growing pains without him there to anchore the defense.

You know who's playing really well this year at the point?...Kemba Walker. Just saying...

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 7 Empty L Frank Started the blaming ...

Post  Grizz2 Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:26 am

Little Larry went public and blamed the players for lack of energy and effort almost every loss ...code words for I SUCK but I WANT TO KEEP my job .. IMO, no head coach with any integrity or leadership or know-how blames the players publicly ....Time to close the book on this guy and move on ...Wasnt Joe Dumars choice either ...So it is on Gores to fire him ...there are a number of choices that would make more sense and are available ....not perfect canidates but better than LF...

Agreeing strongly with you, Murph
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next