Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+12
Fennis Dembo
Sebastian
Murph
Grizz2
Phil-Good
Sissy1946
Oracle
merc
cool breeze
lemonpen
deusXango
WTF
16 posters

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty Here come the Pistons...

Post  Oracle Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:51 pm

Led by Drummond!

It's a 5 point game heading into the 4th!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty Falling apart in the 4th

Post  Oracle Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:22 pm

However, if you look at Perkins and Drummond, Drummond is basically a physical match for Perkins, but he has ZERO experience.

Can you imagine Drummond in 3-4 years? We've got a Baby Huey MONSTER on our hands!

I had no illusion about winning this one, I just didn't want them to get embarrassed, and they didn't!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty Story of the night?

Post  Oracle Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:31 pm

Drummond dominates!!!

Only 3 personal Fouls, and in 20+ minutes vs 30 minutes for Perkins, here's the tale of the tape!

Drummond - 22pts, 8 boards, with 1 block

Perkins- 9pts, 4 boards, with 6 assists

Drummonds numbers are off the hook for a rookie, on the road, against a finals team!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  Mike Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:19 am

OKC is one of the best defensive frontcourts in the league too. Drummond was awesome tonight. Moose + Dre = Good things happen. They obliterated a 12 pt deficit in minutes in their first action together. I think could be the start of something special. They look to have great chemistry, and for the first time since '08 I felt like we had a legit NBA 5-some on the court. Even Knight/Stuckey/Tay looked better with the big fellas inside. Tomorrow's going to be fun. Maybe Drummond gets the start now. At the very least we should see more of the Moose/Dre combo again.

Mike

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty AIN'T THAT PECULIAR

Post  deusXango Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:47 am

Andre Drummond comes off the bench, and plays some quality minutes with Greg Monroe, for the first time this season, and outperforms Jason Maxiell; Maxiell, the incumbant starter, has yet to have a game like this, going against inferior teams. Drummond and Monroe against one of the best frontlines in the NBA.

What I saw that makes Drummond more of a player was the after game reception by the Thunder players; it was a confidence builder that he couldn't get on the bench, watching, and the best saying, "welcome young man, that was a hell of a game you played."

Thanks Mike Brown, for getting your ass fired, you may have just saved our coaches job; he's not trying to coach his ideas, but he's coaching the talent he has....there is a difference. Keep up the good work Lil' Larry, don't rest on your laurels (competing one game against one of last years finals teams).
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty Just an Opinion about Frank Finally Playing Drummond/Monroe together.

Post  Sissy1946 Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:42 am

Well 'Lil Larry finally some Balls of Fury, a long overdue decision to play Monroe/Drummond together, kudo's for finally waking up to that decision that has been long overdue. NOW let's get down to the Crux of the matter, Prince, even though he had 16 points played 36 minutes, that's just to Friggin' many, Prince can be a piece of the puzzle but not this big of a piece, he makes to many mistakes, Maxiell has finally been found out for the Waste of Space he is with his 20 wasted minutes with 1 point tonight. Singler, Wow, Lawrence, you let him play all of 14 minutes tonight, that's not good 'Lil Larry, not good at all. You shoved Prince down our throats & let our future play 14 minutes.
When you finally put Drummond/Monroe in did you see what we've been begging from you to do in Pre-season? Play them together, you've wasted time, It only took you 14 games to get it & look how it paid dividends, we're not going to tell you we told you so but we did tell you this along time ago, he can deal with it, he may be 19 but he's got savvy, you know what that is Frank? Jonas was cold as ice tonight but you still played him major minutes but overall the only Things I'm disagreeing with was the lack of minutes for Singler, to many minutes from Prince & we could have used a little more minutes for English too, Ball Hog Bynum making those 3 turnovers when we were on a run, why can't someone just bitch slap him & tell him to quit his ball-hogging & pass the ball? Are we the only one's who see this crime? This team has the talent to learn & play better but we need a coach to play these kids more & trust them more & quit holding them back & suffocating them, when they are playing well like in the 2nd quarter don't pull them just to put Prince, Maxiell & Stuckey back in & by the way who were non-productive, that just don't make sense. You've got a glimpse of what our future could look like, don't Blow it again, even though we lost their was a Glimpse of hope in what our future could be with a decent coach, I wish you good luck, because if you go back on what you've learned tonight their'll be hell to pay.
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty 'Lil Larry at it again.

Post  Sissy1946 Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:48 am

deusXango wrote:Andre Drummond comes off the bench, and plays some quality minutes with Greg Monroe, for the first time this season, and outperforms Jason Maxiell; Maxiell, the incumbant starter, has yet to have a game like this, going against inferior teams. Drummond and Monroe against one of the best frontlines in the NBA.

What I saw that makes Drummond more of a player was the after game reception by the Thunder players; it was a confidence builder that he couldn't get on the bench, watching, and the best saying, "welcome young man, that was a hell of a game you played."

Thanks Mike Brown, for getting your ass fired, you may have just saved our coaches job; he's not trying to coach his ideas, but he's coaching the talent he has....there is a difference. Keep up the good work Lil' Larry, don't rest on your laurels (competing one game against one of last years finals teams).
DeusXango: Did you see where Frank said that the firing of Brown was a small sample enough for the firing, well Joe Dumars just fire me today, come on 'Lil Larry, you are 0-6, isn't that a little sample also? I mean didn't the Lakers demolish our starting 5 that he's been dedicated to playing?
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty Hip Hip Hooray ... Drummond actually plays ..

Post  Grizz2 Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:08 am

Results speak for themselves ... Drummond will be an awesome star .. period .. but not if we have an idiot for a head coach ... Mike Brown being fired and a brief pep insult taunt session with Jim Carey helped him to finally see the light .. EVERYONE who wanted Drummond to play ... take a bow (that would be everyone in recorded history except for lol L.. Frank till today )
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty Hey 19

Post  Oracle Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:40 am

Look, the kid may look like a star one night and a bum the next, but who cares? Try getting even one performance like that out of scrubs and servicable dudes like Maxiell... it ain't going to happen!

Potential stars show you the flashes of greatness until they mature and lay it on you night after night, and I believe that's going to happen sooner rather than later! Drummond is the real thing, even if he don't remember the Queen of Soul!

Enjoy Steely Dan!

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty OH YEAH but.........

Post  WTF Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:02 am

will or has Lil Larry learned his lesson? Drummond needs to start and JMax should swap spot on th ebench with CV. Let Drummond play and he'll figure it out sooner than later, no more of these silly notion of only playing him 6 minutes here and 12 minutes there. I wish Lil Larry had played Drummond 30 minutes last night, they actually might have won.

Now if Lil Larry can figure out how to sit JMax and Bynum as all together and play English and CV in their places he'll be on to something.

Sadly though Lil Larry comes back 0-8 Joe may have a pink slip for him.

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty Mike

Post  WTF Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:21 am

Mike wrote:OKC is one of the best defensive frontcourts in the league too. Drummond was awesome tonight. Moose + Dre = Good things happen. They obliterated a 12 pt deficit in minutes in their first action together. I think could be the start of something special. They look to have great chemistry, and for the first time since '08 I felt like we had a legit NBA 5-some on the court. Even Knight/Stuckey/Tay looked better with the big fellas inside. Tomorrow's going to be fun. Maybe Drummond gets the start now. At the very least we should see more of the Moose/Dre combo again.

I always had the feeling that Monroe been frustrated that Drummond isn't starting and getting the bulk of minutes at PF. Monroe knows that Drummond and Singler who all spent the summer together should be starting games together.

All I can say to Monroe is that if you're intending on being the leader of this team anf that face of the franchise than you need to act like it. Frank may send in players but the franchise player decides who plays and how much........just ask players like Zeke, Jordan, Magic, Bird and now more recent players like Kobe and Lebron. You have more power than you think......
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  Sebastian Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:01 am

WISEFAN wrote:
Mike wrote:OKC is one of the best defensive frontcourts in the league too. Drummond was awesome tonight. Moose + Dre = Good things happen. They obliterated a 12 pt deficit in minutes in their first action together. I think could be the start of something special. They look to have great chemistry, and for the first time since '08 I felt like we had a legit NBA 5-some on the court. Even Knight/Stuckey/Tay looked better with the big fellas inside. Tomorrow's going to be fun. Maybe Drummond gets the start now. At the very least we should see more of the Moose/Dre combo again.

I always had the feeling that Monroe been frustrated that Drummond isn't starting and getting the bulk of minutes at PF. Monroe knows that Drummond and Singler who all spent the summer together should be starting games together.

All I can say to Monroe is that if you're intending on being the leader of this team anf that face of the franchise than you need to act like it. Frank may send in players but the franchise player decides who plays and how much........just ask players like Zeke, Jordan, Magic, Bird and now more recent players like Kobe and Lebron. You have more power than you think......

Wise wrote:

Wise you have spoke the truth, man. Faces-of-franchise have been making decisions for the basketball team, every since Magic had Norm Nelson moved from the Lakers' squad in '81 and as recent as Kobe demanding that Mike Brown be fired.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty Sebastian

Post  WTF Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:18 am

All Monroe needs to do is tell Joe or Gores how he thinks the team needs to progress and things will change. I recall Zeke wanted Mark and it happen, Zeke wanting Chuck as coach and it happened. Yes even Magic with Norm Nixon and having his coach fired, Bird would give a under performing player the nasty look and stare over at the bench and that player wouldn't see the court and the same with MJ.

In fact I would go as far as saying Monroe needs to step up to players as well particularly Knight and tell him to chill with those fucking TO's Right now this is his team to lead so he needs to lead them. Monroe spent the entire off season with Singler, CV, Drummond, English, Middleton and Knight and they practice and played well together while Prince, Max and Stuckey was doing who knows what. Monroe constantly said he couldn't wait for all of them particular himself, Knight, Drummond and Singler could all do in a game together.

I'm sure there were times over the summer he or them collectively sat and invisioned the things they could do together. Joe basically have 4 lottery picks (I think Singler was projected at one time to be a lottery pick) that should all be starting and a small case/arguement can be made for English to start. This would be a real rebuild ala OKC.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  Sebastian Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:01 am

WISEFAN wrote:All Monroe needs to do is tell Joe or Gores how he thinks the team needs to progress and things will change. I recall Zeke wanted Mark and it happen, Zeke wanting Chuck as coach and it happened. Yes even Magic with Norm Nixon and having his coach fired, Bird would give a under performing player the nasty look and stare over at the bench and that player wouldn't see the court and the same with MJ.

In fact I would go as far as saying Monroe needs to step up to players as well particularly Knight and tell him to chill with those fucking TO's Right now this is his team to lead so he needs to lead them. Monroe spent the entire off season with Singler, CV, Drummond, English, Middleton and Knight and they practice and played well together while Prince, Max and Stuckey was doing who knows what. Monroe constantly said he couldn't wait for all of them particular himself, Knight, Drummond and Singler could all do in a game together.

I'm sure there were times over the summer he or them collectively sat and invisioned the things they could do together. Joe basically have 4 lottery picks (I think Singler was projected at one time to be a lottery pick) that should all be starting and a small case/arguement can be made for English to start. This would be a real rebuild ala OKC.

Wise you are right, Moose needs to start taking control. This is a player's League.

I, however, am not so much a Conan O'Brian (Singler) fan, but I must admit he has been quite efficient. I see Conan (Singler) as an 8th or 9th man, at the start of the season, I thought of him as an 11th or 12th man, so he's beginning to grow on me.

I would much rather see Jerebko starting at the three with Drummond and Moose, as I think that Jerebko game has more range, defensively and offensively, than Singler's.

Plus, there is no way in hell that Singler would be able to guard the elite 3's (i.e Lebron, Melo, Durant) or the 2nd tier starting 3's (i.e. Rudy Gay, Josh Smith, Gallinari).

Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty Firing L. Frank

Post  Sebastian Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:23 am

Folks, I seriously think that L. Frank has three more games, tonight @ Houston, Monday vs. the Thunder, and Friday vs. the Magic). If WE go 0-3, these next three games, then L. Frank needs to be yanked.

Tonight, against Houston: This is the team that beat US at the crib on opening night. We've seen them once, so WE should have some familiarity. If L. Frank can't be a team that he is seeing for a second time in less than 12 days, then he should be released of his duties.

Monday, against OKC: Yes, these are the Western Conference champions, but if L. Frank comes with that same shit, of waiting to the 2nd half to pair Moose and Dre, then let his ass go. Real talk, though ya'll, I don't expect OUR Pistons to beat the Western Conference Champs at the crib on Monday. Another, thing that Gores will need to evaluate on Monday are the number of empty seats that will be at the Palace on Monday night. If Durant, Westbrook, Ibaka, and Gladys are not able to fill the Palace on Monday, then this will be another reason to show L. Frank, the door.

But, the final straw should be on Friday, when WE play the Magic. If L. Frank can't beat the Magic, a team that is being coach by Jacque Vaughn and with only four NBA players (Afflalo Big Baby, J.J. Redick, and Jameer Nelson) and a bunch of D-League players, then Gores needs to fire Frank's ass when the final horn sounds.

During the time between Monday's game and Friday's game, Joe needs to be in heavy negotiations with Zeke, working up a contract for him to replace L. Frank.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty THE L.A. LAKERS

Post  deusXango Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:34 am

You're right Sebastian and Wise, Monroe has the power of a budding star, and that's all it takes to get things done on a team. Owners that fear losing their star player, because some fool ass coach decides to make idiotic decisions that'll adversely effect the teams future, the owner will listen to his star; the owner will see that unwanted/unneeded players are dumped, and coaches will get pink slips. Case in point:

The L.A. Lakers of the 80's had a star guard (Norm Nixon) who felt that he should be the focal point of the Lakers offense, ignoring the fact that he in no way could duplicate what "Magic" Johnson was doing, and they had Kareem Abdul Jabbar! He ball-hogged, when he wasn't pouting; he was replaced by Byron Scott and hasn't been heard from since. Paul Westhead (a coach with a winning record) chose to coach his ideas of how the game should be played (light years away from "showtime"), instead of allowing the team play an exciting brand of basketball; enter Pat Riley, and the rest is history, just as Westhead has been (could this be the path Bill Laimbeer takes to greatness?). If in fact Monroe would rather play with the young'uns, that he worked out with all summer, than the old vets, who had/have their own agendas; if he'd rather be coached with another philosopy, look out y'all.

I listened to the insincere interviews of both Monroe and Drummond after the game, where they talked as if they didn't notice any difference in the play, it was so sad they lost the game, etc. Drummond in particular was shy about saying how much he enjoyed playing along side Monroe (fear of Lil' Larry's wrath?), but Monroe was a little more to the point as to how they complimented each other; at one point he joked, "he's so athletic, and I'm, well, half athletic." The reporters laughed, and the atmosphere was more relaxed, even in defeat, than it has been after a game. Eventually the call is going to go out to turn lose the young'uns; the beast has been released. I hope Lil' Larry gets out and stays out in front of these winds of change; we need some stability from the head coaching chair.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty Intriguing ...

Post  Grizz2 Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:04 am

Sebastian wrote:Folks, I seriously think that L. Frank has three more games, tonight @ Houston, Monday vs. the Thunder, and Friday vs. the Magic). If WE go 0-3, these next three games, then L. Frank needs to be yanked.

Tonight, against Houston: This is the team that beat US at the crib on opening night. We've seen them once, so WE should have some familiarity. If L. Frank can't be a team that he is seeing for a second time in less than 12 days, then he should be released of his duties.

Monday, against OKC: Yes, these are the Western Conference champions, but if L. Frank comes with that same shit, of waiting to the 2nd half to pair Moose and Dre, then let his ass go. Real talk, though ya'll, I don't expect OUR Pistons to beat the Western Conference Champs at the crib on Monday. Another, thing that Gores will need to evaluate on Monday are the number of empty seats that will be at the Palace on Monday night. If Durant, Westbrook, Ibaka, and Gladys are not able to fill the Palace on Monday, then this will be another reason to show L. Frank, the door.

But, the final straw should be on Friday, when WE play the Magic. If L. Frank can't beat the Magic, a team that is being coach by Jacque Vaughn and with only four NBA players (Afflalo Big Baby, J.J. Redick, and Jameer Nelson) and a bunch of D-League players, then Gores needs to fire Frank's ass when the final horn sounds.

During the time between Monday's game and Friday's game, Joe needs to be in heavy negotiations with Zeke, working up a contract for him to replace L. Frank.

Good points Sebastian .... Of course I have been on the Bill Laimbeer PR wagon for over 5 yeares .. but .. Intrigued by the idea of bringing The Captain back as Head Coach ... I guess he was a big failure for the Knicks ..but ... hell what can I say .. Vinnie Johnson sounds great at this point ...
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty Pistons were fun to watdh last night

Post  cool breeze Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:39 pm

I switched over to the OKC announcers on PASS last night. The camera work was better. For instance, when Singler made that basket under the basket off the inbound pass, the Detroit camera people showed the OKC bench and kept it there so Micihigan fans couldn't see the play. Also, the announcers were better. When Drummond entered the game, they both kept saying why is this guy Drummond on the bench instead of Maxiell? Drummond can play basketball after all. What a difference he made in that game. Monroe and Drummond playing together makes the Pistons a real team that can do some damage. This Piston team does have some good players. Somehow we have seen Piston management and the coaching staff make this team worse off by insisting on using Maxiell and Bynum. First off, Maxiell has not been effective on defense, rebounding or offense for the past 3 games. You can look at the stats and say, Maxiell is shooting 60% which Greg Kelser pointed out. Why did he do that? That stat is meaningless. And I recall all the poster who stated that Charlie V should be in the lineup. Imagine playing Charlie V last night in that fast paced game. He would have been a lost puppy.

I wanted to say something about Brandon Knight. Some might say he has taken a step back. Not me because he is making some passes that only a few players can make. Soon his turnovers will go way down. The players will catch the ball better. Knight forces the pace. The players are adjusting even Prince who caught a great pass from Knight running full blast and was able to convert a basket. This game was refreshing. The team is very exciting. This is not like watching the Pistons two years ago or the year before that. I believe that if there are no injuries, the Pistons will be a difficult out for any NBA team by January. They will be able to stay with the best teams if Drummond and Monroe play together and Bynum stays on the bench next to Maxiell. Drummond, Singler, English and I believe Middleton have greatly improved. And don't forget the Russian! He will be a force. Great job last night players!!!

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

Post  WTF Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:55 pm

cool breeze wrote:I switched over to the OKC announcers on PASS last night. The camera work was better. For instance, when Singler made that basket under the basket off the inbound pass, the Detroit camera people showed the OKC bench and kept it there so Micihigan fans couldn't see the play. Also, the announcers were better. When Drummond entered the game, they both kept saying why is this guy Drummond on the bench instead of Maxiell? Drummond can play basketball after all. What a difference he made in that game. Monroe and Drummond playing together makes the Pistons a real team that can do some damage. This Piston team does have some good players. Somehow we have seen Piston management and the coaching staff make this team worse off by insisting on using Maxiell and Bynum. First off, Maxiell has not been effective on defense, rebounding or offense for the past 3 games. You can look at the stats and say, Maxiell is shooting 60% which Greg Kelser pointed out. Why did he do that? That stat is meaningless. And I recall all the poster who stated that Charlie V should be in the lineup. Imagine playing Charlie V last night in that fast paced game. He would have been a lost puppy.

I wanted to say something about Brandon Knight. Some might say he has taken a step back. Not me because he is making some passes that only a few players can make. Soon his turnovers will go way down. The players will catch the ball better. Knight forces the pace. The players are adjusting even Prince who caught a great pass from Knight running full blast and was able to convert a basket. This game was refreshing. The team is very exciting. This is not like watching the Pistons two years ago or the year before that. I believe that if there are no injuries, the Pistons will be a difficult out for any NBA team by January. They will be able to stay with the best teams if Drummond and Monroe play together and Bynum stays on the bench next to Maxiell. Drummond, Singler, English and I believe Middleton have greatly improved. And don't forget the Russian! He will be a force. Great job last night players!!!

Cool I could imagine Charlie playing instead of Maxiell and seeing him giving us 14 oppose to the 2 Maxiel gave us. Smile
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty Sacriledge in a Piston Forum

Post  Grizz2 Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:56 pm

... but saw this today and it inspired ...Lets face it .. Looking forward to the present Pistons finding arch enemies like MJ and the Bulls were long ago ... It will mean they have arrived at contention ...
[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
If you're trying to achieve, there will be roadblocks. I've had them; everybody has had them. But obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it. (Michael Jordan)
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty Frank seems to still be in denial .. or stupidity ...or something ...

Post  Grizz2 Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:04 pm

"Some of our rebounds, regardless of who's in there, if we're not focused on the fundamental things of blocking out and hitting first, it doesn't matter," Frank said before the game. "What you like to do is be able to stretch out Andre's minutes."

Sounds like someone who cannot coach .... Who coaches the team to rebound? ... What we would like to do is stretch minutes? What the hell?
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty THE DAY THE SUN COMES OUT

Post  deusXango Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:19 pm

Eventually I hope to see center being played by the commitee of Drummond and Kravstov (with Monroe only used sparingly).

Monroe start developing as an elite PF. I look at the "Moose" and always think of Kevin Love, for some reason.

Our SG problems are finally solved by Khris Middleton; we find that we have an unstoppable, high scoring, 6' 7", exciting player in this hidden gem.

Kyle Singler keeps getting better, and better, and better, and better, and better........WOW! What have we been missing at SF?!

With a team of basketball smart, high percentage shooters surrounding him, Brandon Knight's assist to turnover ratio start ranking as one of the best in the league.

Jonas Jerebko and Kim English are recognized as the most formitable defensive/offensive bench players in the NBA. High energy and hard-nosed play is their trademark.

Palace sellouts for every game, no matter who's in town, and smiles across Pistons fans faces everywhere. That's a sunny day for me.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:14 pm

deusXango wrote:Eventually I hope to see center being played by the commitee of Drummond and Kravstov (with Monroe only used sparingly).

Monroe start developing as an elite PF. I look at the "Moose" and always think of Kevin Love, for some reason.

Our SG problems are finally solved by Khris Middleton; we find that we have an unstoppable, high scoring, 6' 7", exciting player in this hidden gem.

Kyle Singler keeps getting better, and better, and better, and better, and better........WOW! What have we been missing at SF?!

With a team of basketball smart, high percentage shooters surrounding him, Brandon Knight's assist to turnover ratio start ranking as one of the best in the league.

Jonas Jerebko and Kim English are recognized as the most formitable defensive/offensive bench players in the NBA. High energy and hard-nosed play is their trademark.

Palace sellouts for every game, no matter who's in town, and smiles across Pistons fans faces everywhere. That's a sunny day for me.

All of this could happen dX. There is good reason to be excited about the Pistons when they play hard like last night. Just looking at the team with Monroe and Drummond inside is so different in a good way. I don't if you read it but on some blogs stuff is being planted that Monroe needs to leave the Pistons to reach his full potential. I hope he is a true blue Piston and is not listening.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:23 pm

WISEFAN wrote:
cool breeze wrote:I switched over to the OKC announcers on PASS last night. The camera work was better. For instance, when Singler made that basket under the basket off the inbound pass, the Detroit camera people showed the OKC bench and kept it there so Micihigan fans couldn't see the play. Also, the announcers were better. When Drummond entered the game, they both kept saying why is this guy Drummond on the bench instead of Maxiell? Drummond can play basketball after all. What a difference he made in that game. Monroe and Drummond playing together makes the Pistons a real team that can do some damage. This Piston team does have some good players. Somehow we have seen Piston management and the coaching staff make this team worse off by insisting on using Maxiell and Bynum. First off, Maxiell has not been effective on defense, rebounding or offense for the past 3 games. You can look at the stats and say, Maxiell is shooting 60% which Greg Kelser pointed out. Why did he do that? That stat is meaningless. And I recall all the poster who stated that Charlie V should be in the lineup. Imagine playing Charlie V last night in that fast paced game. He would have been a lost puppy.

Cool I could imagine Charlie playing instead of Maxiell and seeing him giving us 14 oppose to the 2 Maxiel gave us. Smile

Wisefan I do not like either option. However, if you put it that way, then Charlie V should get some of Maxiell's minutes. But why play either player? Both have had their chances. Now it is time to play Drummond and The Russian. Become a defensive minded team with Bigs who take up a lot of room in the paint. Drummond is far better than I ever knew. He is athletic and can finish around the rim. He just needs experience playing with Monroe. The team has now invested a lot of time in Maxiell hoping that he could fit in with this starting group. It doesn't work and the Pistons are a step behind because of it. It takes time for guys to get their timing and chemistry as a unit. That is why I am so upset with the coaching staff for causing this delay. One of the older players who still has game when the team is functioning the right way is Prince. He did a great job on Durant and played really hard and smart. He didn't make all of his shots but he took good shots and did run the court well. Prince does not play well with Bynum or Maxiell. He plays so much better with the other guards and the combination of Monroe and Drummond. Detroit has the capability of becoming a real good passing team. Even Stuckey made some great passes last night.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty Cool

Post  WTF Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:53 pm

I can either take CV or not, I just think he's better choice than Maxiell is. IMO it's a waste sitting him and not playing him, largely in part because I don't think any of the last two coaches has any idea how to use him with all the limitation he has. You hide CV in a zone defense and let him guard an area, and offensively you use him in a halfcourt game. If the intent is to run, and play man to man then CV isn't a good fit. Right now the team half-court game sucks with Maxiell, and CV is perfect when the team needs to slow it down and run their half-court game.

Paying CV 8 million to sit on the end of the bench is just stupid, he has no trade value sitting. If they are not going to playing cut him and let him go elsewhere. I'm sure OKC, LA, Miami, Chicago and Boston would love to have him for pennies.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next