Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+12
Fennis Dembo
Sebastian
Murph
Grizz2
Phil-Good
Sissy1946
Oracle
merc
cool breeze
lemonpen
deusXango
WTF
16 posters

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty Blame game

Post  Phil-Good Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:59 pm

" After watching every minute of every game so far, I am puzzled that any of you Piston fans would say Prince is a slug."

Because fans are heart broken that the Pistons are not that good as of today. In today's society it's all about instant results. Nobody wants to wait for the product to develop. Fans want to win right now! Today! Yesterday!

So in comes the blame game. When you lose somebody has to get tossed under the bus. Today it's Prince, yesterday it was coach frank, the day before that it was Joe Dumars, 6 months before that it was Gores, tomorrow it will be The Moose fault. Next week fans will say fire everybody, trade everybody and move this franchise to Canada.

But as long as the Joe, Frank and Gores don't panic this thing will get turn around real fast.

Keep working Pistons, keep playing hard and everything will turn around Guaranteed! Stay the Course!!!
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty General Comments

Post  Oracle Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:04 pm

Lemon, I really liked your comments, I thought they were well thought out and to the point.

The one that actually made me do some hard thinking was your response on Knight!

You could be right, and Knight may be struggling to get what the coach wants right, while trying to get a better read on his teammates.

Chemistry & timing can make you look like either champs or chumps depending on how it's working.

It's going to take more time than fans generally have patience for, but you can't serve a 1 hour dinner in 5 minutes... unless you like eating slop!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty Blame game?

Post  Oracle Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:07 pm

Phillip, you obviously haven't read the article, because Prince is the one pointing fingers, that's the blame game.

I don't know if you've played organized sports, but for Prince to go to the effing press like that, just shouldn't be done!

You don't throw the whole team under the bus like that and expect anyone in the locker room to have your back!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty Lakers hire D'Antoni not Jackson

Post  Oracle Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:09 pm

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty Aldridge gives a pretty good analysis

Post  Oracle Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:56 pm

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty Looking Good

Post  Sparma2 Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:34 pm

Maxiell looking tough!

I've done it now, signing up for NBA Pass again. The Gordon trade made me feel my trust had been violated, but we're headed in the right direction, present results notwithstanding.

Sparma2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty Competitive

Post  Oracle Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:08 pm

Sparma2 wrote:Maxiell looking tough!

I've done it now, signing up for NBA Pass again. The Gordon trade made me feel my trust had been violated, but we're headed in the right direction, present results notwithstanding.

But Knight, Monroe & Prince made critical errors down the stretch!

Can we overcome them?
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  Oracle Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:13 pm

Nope!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty almost.........................

Post  Rett Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:02 am

at least they showed more fight....tonight.

they WILL get it together......

when will they WIN the 1st game?
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

rockon

Rett

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty Worst start in franchise history....

Post  Rett Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:06 am

Uh, Oh!

Sad

Rett

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparma2 Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:06 am

Encouraging game, in spite of the loss. Knight's failure to block out Westbrook was probably decisive. They need at least one big time player to go with Monroe. Could be Drummond, eventually; it looks like Knight has a ways to go to become the cornerstone player they need him to be.

Sparma2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty Tough loss, but...

Post  Oracle Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:38 am

I'll take losses like this, because I felt they learned something.

Durant obviously studied Princes history, and proceeded to bully him when he needed a score, what else is new? Oh, Prince calling out othere, saying they need to defend better. Well, at least it was Durant, let the excuses flow!

However, it's NOT this game that I'm interested in!

This was OKC, so you knew they would be up and ready to fight!

If we can get this kind of performance most nights, we're going to win our share of games.

So, we'll see!

Good to see you Rett!

When you show up, we know we need to keep the language clean, lol!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty Tayshaun's reaction to 0-8

Post  Mike Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:44 am

Mike

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty YOUNG (starters) vs VETERAN (backups)

Post  deusXango Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:12 am

At the end of last year fans were universally agreed that Monroe and Knight (some die-hards threw Stuckey's name out there) were the future/cornerstones of this franchise; they just needed help that Joe was now able to provide, working under new ownership. Entering the draft, with that in mind, Joe drafted 3 logical prospects to begin rebuilding with; Andre Drummond, a C/PF, to pair with Monroe, Khris Middleton to compete for the soon to open spot at SF, and Kim English, a deadeye outside shooter, with size, that played defense (somethings that Ben Gordon couldn't do for 5X the money). To top this effort off, Joe went out and signed a legit 7 footer, and brought last years second round prospect (Kyle Singler) into the fold. You may applaud anytime you want....good show, Joe!

The removal of Ben Gordon seemed a little messy at the time, giving up a first rounder and all, but now it seems to be working out okay. Everything appeared to be going along fine, and then, BAM! Joe just stopped making moves. He seems to have stopped having any positive input into the workings of the team. Who can figure? Maybe there are some ongoing discussions for blockbuster deal or deals that will work in our favor; Joe can do it if he puts his mind to it.

Meanwhile, ladies and gentlemen, why don't our little mad doctor, play those players that were just brought in to help our franchises future/cornerstones? Start Drummond, Singler, and English with Monroe and Knight, and bring Prince, Stuckey, the Euro, and Maxiell off the bench. What's wrong with these veterans coming off our bench; better players, at their positions, are coming off the bench all around the league. As long as Maggette is sitting out, and Charlie V is getting DNPCD's, there's no reason Bynum can't join them on the bench. Some people say they're afraid of failure, as a reason for not trying to better a situation they control, when the real deal is, they're afraid of success! Don't be afraid to work with what Joe's given you to work with, Lil' Larry, work'em to the point where he'll have to do something proactive; make that blockbuster deal that's on the table.

When was the last time we started the season 0-8? Sad[Only admins are allowed to see this image]Shocked
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  merc Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:27 am

Fortunately Tay & JMax are playing well enough to be considered trade-able... If he does move them then their PT paid off for the final stages of the youth movement.
Dre is gonna get his shot... this hasn't been a Darko situation.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty GOOD ONE!

Post  Grizz2 Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:44 am

Mike wrote:[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Mike, Good one! .. The only thing that can save us now is a sense of humor lol lol pom pom

Actually I guess the game was a step in the right direction .. The only thing worse than being blown out is losing a big 4th quarter lead .. but it was a game vs an elite team so .. this game didnt hurt Frank too much .. but he now owns the record as the Piston head coach with the most losses to start a season .. as well as the NBA record with the Nets ... the clock is ticking .. Phil Jackson is still available .... pom pom Bow Down
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty Untradeable still

Post  Grizz2 Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:49 am

merc wrote:Fortunately Tay & JMax are playing well enough to be considered trade-able... If he does move them then their PT paid off for the final stages of the youth movement.
Dre is gonna get his shot... this hasn't been a Darko situation.

Mercury .. Thank you for your optimism ... If only these 2 were tradeable .... not too much chance of that .. Being able to play well once in awhile .. is not good enough .. if we dont want them .. no one else does either .. But certainly they played well today .. Hats off to them both ..
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty Very interesting reads ..

Post  Grizz2 Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:52 am

Oracle wrote:[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Oracle .. thanks for both PJackson links ... I admit I am interested in what is happening with that team .. if only to distract me from the current troubles of our Pistons .. facepalm

Last edited by Grizz2 on Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty Bulls Eye

Post  Grizz2 Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:59 am

Oracle wrote:Phillip, you obviously haven't read the article, because Prince is the one pointing fingers, that's the blame game.

I don't know if you've played organized sports, but for Prince to go to the effing press like that, just shouldn't be done!

You don't throw the whole team under the bus like that and expect anyone in the locker room to have your back!

Oracle .. Well said .. I dont get anyone going public calling out their teammates or players for not playing hard enough .. If Prince really wants to help he should encourage or call out his teammates PRIVATELY.. like a real leader would .. Or he could bench himself for the good of the Pistons' future .. Even better .. renounce his contract and quit the team .. I hated Frank doing the public blame game and I half-believe Frank put him up to it .. since it sounds suspiciously like what he has been saying lately .. NO .. a lack of energy (unless you are talking about Prince, who has a career worth of games where he showed no energy or drive) is not the root of our problems .. ! .. Stupidity and gutlessness of the head coach are the main problems .. Play the young guys .. and help them to improve and jell as a team.. Anything else is a waste of time and still means we lose anyway .. Quite Frank-ly .. I suspect that a good coach, not a great one, if he guided the young players well .. would have the team winning more games than they lost for the last month of the season ..
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty Why does everything Lawrence Frank says make me mad?

Post  Grizz2 Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:35 am

After the 4th quarter collapse to the Thunder ... "It's obviously disappointing to lose that game," Frank said. "Yet at the same time, I don't ever think, whether it was a win or loss, that it was a season-defining game."
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty Blame Game

Post  Phil-Good Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:23 am

Oracle wrote:Phillip, you obviously haven't read the article, because Prince is the one pointing fingers, that's the blame game.

Oracle, I did not read it. Looks like I need to head over to the local news and check it out.
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

Post  WTF Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:03 am

Wow! perhaps I should have stayed for the entire game and continue to throw rocks. By the time I got home these knuckle-heads squander an 11 piont lead.

They played well for the first three quarters, well enough that this game could be placed in the W column so I thought I'll leave early to beat traffic.

Though the team show some signs of life I ma still bothered by the number of minutes that the vets are getting in games. Drummond looks like a beast in person and played solid ball last night and I can't understand why Frank can only find 13 minutes for the kid in this game. Frank went right back to not playing Drummond and Moose together.

Trades have to happen sooner rather than later. When need Josh Smith, a veteran PG and new coach urgently.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty Glad you could attend

Post  Grizz2 Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:44 am

WISEFAN wrote:
Wow! perhaps I should have stayed for the entire game and continue to throw rocks. By the time I got home these knuckle-heads squander an 11 piont lead.

They played well for the first three quarters, well enough that this game could be placed in the W column so I thought I'll leave early to beat traffic.

Though the team show some signs of life I ma still bothered by the number of minutes that the vets are getting in games. Drummond looks like a beast in person and played solid ball last night and I can't understand why Frank can only find 13 minutes for the kid in this game. Frank went right back to not playing Drummond and Moose together.

Trades have to happen sooner rather than later. When need Josh Smith, a veteran PG and new coach urgently.

Cynic .. ah hell .. I was kind of imagining you going ballastic in the 4th quarter .. But I guess you made the right choice it turns out .. Me .. I was looking at the box score updates flashing in shock as OKC scored the 1st 13 points of the 4th .. I think Frank may be the one at fault in the way the team stands around so much on offense .. It really is weird ..
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty Where Is The Leadership

Post  WTF Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:19 am

Grizz it was another winnable game this team threw away in the 4th. OKC was ripe for the pickings being on the road playing 4 games in 5 days (sounds familiar) but they were able to do what we couldn't do Saturday when we loss to Houston.

I'm glad I didn't sit there and watch them blow this game in the 4th or I might have went ballistic. But here let me go back to Brandon Knight on this matter and address again his inability to grasp what a leader is suppose to do in these moment. A Leader actually leads and manage games, Brandon simply can't do this and this is why a quality veteran back up is needed. This was a time to manage the clock, run your half court sets, and take carfe of the ball. To fall into the antics of Alley Ball with an 11 point lead is silly.

Plenty of blame to go around so I'll give some to Prince, Frank and Moose. As the veteran on this team one would think Prince would have taken control of this game and lead by example epecially after blasting team mates in the paper. Moose as the leader of this team needs to step up to everyone, and become more vocal and demand better play especially from his PG. Frank is simply an Ass Hole because he doesn't yank Knight in these cases and just sit there waiting for things to magically happen and when good thens does happen he doesn't know how to stay with it. Why go away from Moose and Drummond playing together is amazing........... facepalm
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty Thanks for the update and on-the-court review of the game ..

Post  Grizz2 Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:20 am

WISEFAN wrote:Grizz it was another winnable game this team threw away in the 4th. OKC was ripe for the pickings being on the road playing 4 games in 5 days (sounds familiar) but they were able to do what we couldn't do Saturday when we loss to Houston.

I'm glad I didn't sit there and watch them blow this game in the 4th or I might have went ballistic. But here let me go back to Brandon Knight on this matter and address again his inability to grasp what a leader is suppose to do in these moment. A Leader actually leads and manage games, Brandon simply can't do this and this is why a quality veteran back up is needed. This was a time to manage the clock, run your half court sets, and take carfe of the ball. To fall into the antics of Alley Ball with an 11 point lead is silly.

Plenty of blame to go around so I'll give some to Prince, Frank and Moose. As the veteran on this team one would think Prince would have taken control of this game and lead by example epecially after blasting team mates in the paper. Moose as the leader of this team needs to step up to everyone, and become more vocal and demand better play especially from his PG. Frank is simply an Ass Hole because he doesn't yank Knight in these cases and just sit there waiting for things to magically happen and when good thens does happen he doesn't know how to stay with it. Why go away from Moose and Drummond playing together is amazing........... facepalm
Cynic .. we have a lot to think about now .. thanks again for reporting on the game .. ..
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next