Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+11
Phil-Good
cool breeze
Sebastian
Murph
Grizz2
Oracle
deusXango
merc
lemonpen
WTF
Sparma
15 posters

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Burke

Post  WTF Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:01 pm

Oracle wrote:Wow, his PG skills are impressive!

The announcers said they have so many weapons, but that's only half of the story! It's Burke that's finding them and making them more potent.

I still have concerns about his size as it relates to defense, but his skills as a PG is something I wish Knight had half of!

Oracle and Sparma I've been watching this kid 2 years and even in his freshmen year this kid played this well and you could see immediately he was special. I recent learned he played like this in H.S. He was team mates with Sullinger in High School.

There is no way I'll pass on this kid if we had a chance to get him in the draft. Man could you imagine this kid in a lineup with Stuckey, Drummond and Monroe. When I said this kid could score when he want to I was not lying he is selfless, but you love it because he makes the players around him better.

Tim Hardaway is constantly in Jr and Trey's ears. He's at every single game right behind Michigan bench.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty AS I RECALL

Post  deusXango Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:09 pm

Oracle wrote:Don, you have history on your side, but only recent history. Remember Sheed was a good thing!

I could only get behing making the playoffs if Joe replaces that pick he gave up!

Oracle, didn't Joe acquire Sheed through a trade with Atlanta? It surely was a good thing, that's why I want him to go back to ATL, and try it again....get Josh Smith; with our new frontline, we can patch together a backcourt, if neccessary, and be competitive, however Knight/Bynum (PG) and English/Middleton (SG) ain't dog do-do.

If we trade away Prince, Maggette, Stuckey, Maxiell, Jerebko, and Daye or CV, we're going to end up with, not only JSmooth but, a replacement 1st rounder also. It's going to be a multi-team transaction.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Burke & Hardaway

Post  WTF Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:15 pm

I honestly thought these 2 could've carried UM to the Final Four last year but Hardaway really didn't know how to play with Burke (jealous perhaps) they just didn't seem to adjust to each other initially.

Well glad you guys finally got to see what I've raving about and this is how he always play
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty DA HAWKS AND REST OF SCHEDULE

Post  WTF Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:54 am

Tonight game if as good as the last time these 2 teams played should provide us with more on the growth factor of this team. Avenging that lose should be their focus tonight. They should at least go .500 during the month of January with 7 home games and 2 back to back. No tired excuses,

1/04 vs Atlanta, 7:30 PM
1/06 vs Charlotte, 7:30 PM
1/11 at Milwaukee, 8:30 PM
1/12 vs Utah, 7:30 PM
1/17 vs New York, 3:00 PM
1/20 vs Boston, 7:30 PM
1/22 vs Orlando, 7:30 PM
1/23 at Chicago, 8:00 PM
1/25 at Miami, 7:30 PM
1/27 at Orlando, 6:00 PM
1/29 vs Milwaukee, 7:30 PM
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Ehhhhh.....

Post  FlyDog Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:20 am

WISEFAN wrote:I honestly thought these 2 could've carried UM to the Final Four last year but Hardaway really didn't know how to play with Burke (jealous perhaps) they just didn't seem to adjust to each other initially.

Well glad you guys finally got to see what I've raving about and this is how he always play

I guess Burke and Hardaway looked like a decent college backcourt.

Just kidding. Wow! I know it was a depleted NW team, but those 2 in particular were mighty impressive. And that Stauskis kid, even though his shot was off, also impressed me with his ability to get to the rim and finish (for a white, Canadian kid). Is there a better backcourt in the Country? I can't see how.

If Michigan wants to win a National Championship, their young bigs are going to have to play bigger. They seem kinda smallish.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty I See the young man the Pistons have to go after in the 2013 NBA Draft and his name is Shabazz Muhammad

Post  Phil-Good Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:22 am

This is our guy Piston fans!!! This is the missing player we need. Big, high basketball IQ, hard-worker, smooth jumpshot, killer mentality, big as hell, and will fit well with B.K.7, Big Dre, and the Moose.

You can put this kid at the 2, keep Prince at the 3, B.K.7 at the 1, The Moose at the 4 and Big Dre At the 5.

The Pistons will be the new young guns of the NBA Eastern Conference.

Then you clean up the bench. Will Bynum, Singler, English, Middlton, Euro big, Jones Jerebko, A good free agent signing or two and Detroit is back.

I don't know how but Detroit has to get into the top 2 or 3 to land this kid. Only Red-Flag is Shabazz Muhammad had some turrets syndrome issues when he was young.

SCARY ****!!
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty YA' GOT ANOTHER ONE RIGHT PHILLIP BOY

Post  deusXango Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:50 pm

Phil1980boy wrote:This is our guy Piston fans!!! This is the missing player we need. Big, high basketball IQ, hard-worker, smooth jumpshot, killer mentality, big as hell, and will fit well with B.K.7, Big Dre, and the Moose.

I don't know how but Detroit has to get into the top 2 or 3 to land this kid. Only Red-Flag is Shabazz Muhammad had some turrets syndrome issues when he was young.

SCARY ****!!

If we continue to play as we have, Phillip, we'll have to make a trade to get a high draft pick or two (trade a couple of early picks for top 3-4). I agree that Muhammad could very well be the answer for us at SG for years to come...James Harden 2.0!!

Elgin Baylor, Chris (Mamoud Abdul Shareef) Jackson were a couple of high performing players who successfully dealt with turrets syndrome, so I wouldn't let that be an issue with us, like the anxiety disorder of Royce White. This young man is a high scoring baller who we can use in the future.

Phillip, you want to know what scary is? Burke and Muhammad in the same backcourt wearing the Pistons red, white, and blue.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Some Interesting Thoughts

Post  lemonpen Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:58 pm

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty More Thoughts

Post  lemonpen Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:00 pm

lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Should Detroit Pistons' Tom Gores and Cleveland Cavaliers' Dan Gilbert swap teams?

Post  Sebastian Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:33 pm

lemonpen wrote:[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Yo, Lemon, I actually have had some serious concerns about the Dan Gilbert/Pistons "conflict" every since the League has considered the idea of NBA teams wearing advertisement patches on their jerseys.

I mean would it not be a great conflict of interest, if the Pistons went with the highest bidder for their jersey ad space and the highest bidder was Gilbert's Quicken Loans.

Gilbert would be making money from both his interest in the Cavs and the Pistons.

I, personally, do not like the idea of NBA teams selling ad space on team jerseys.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Scott Machado may be come available ...

Post  Sebastian Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:36 pm

The Rockets are considering waiving Scott Machado to make room for Patrick Beverley that was signed, yesterday.

Joe should scoop Machado up from the waiver wire and probably subsequently waive Middleton.

Joe get off of your ass and get to work!
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Dead Last In Attendance ...

Post  Sebastian Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:53 pm

OUR Pistons are dead last in attendance.

Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  cool breeze Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:16 pm

deusXango wrote:
Oracle wrote:Don, you have history on your side, but only recent history. Remember Sheed was a good thing!

I could only get behing making the playoffs if Joe replaces that pick he gave up!

Oracle, didn't Joe acquire Sheed through a trade with Atlanta? It surely was a good thing, that's why I want him to go back to ATL, and try it again....get Josh Smith; with our new frontline, we can patch together a backcourt, if neccessary, and be competitive, however Knight/Bynum (PG) and English/Middleton (SG) ain't dog do-do.

If we trade away Prince, Maggette, Stuckey, Maxiell, Jerebko, and Daye or CV, we're going to end up with, not only JSmooth but, a replacement 1st rounder also. It's going to be a multi-team transaction.

You have my approval to make that move with any of the Piston players listed above dX. Of course that means nothing but you have some good ideas. Still Josh Smith most likely will remain in Atlanta don't you think? I would like to add Cousins on this Piston team because he wants to play for Detroit really bad. If the Pistons could keep both Drummond and Monroe and add Cousins to their group of big men, the Pistons might be able to rule the paint for years.

Oracle I believe that Dumars best free agent signing has to be Billups over Rasheed. We have to give Joe Dumars some credit in knowing the full potential of Billups. If Dumars actually knew what kind of team leader Billups was capable of becoming, it makes Joe's decision to trade him for Iverson even more weird. I think Dumars really believed in Iverson and wanted to make that trade several seasons before it happened. Rasheed put the Pistons over the top but Billups has to be Joe's best piece of work. I guess that Joe Dumars is human like the rest of us. We get the good, the bad and the ugly when following Dumar's history as the decision maker for the Detroit Pistons.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty DON FROM TUCSON

Post  deusXango Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:15 pm

Don, that was a hell of game last night...seems like you got good college competition out there. Anyway, I'd love to have Cousins also but, how will fans react to Drummond continuing to come off the bench? With Cousins here center-by-committee would be the way to go, and Dre' has shown how much of an impact he has on the 2nd unit...would be a shame to break that up. The dream frontline for me is: Monroe, Drummond, Smith, and Cousins (we could afford to keep CV around to backup "Moose" as a "stretch 4"). Savor that dream.

We'll forever ponder what the hell was going on in Joe's mind when he decided to trade Billips for Iverson. I never bought into the "expiring contract" double talk, and Joe being a guard, I just knew he could tell the difference between popularity and production...Chauncey had the team producing.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Charlie V and the Real Foul Story by Biff Burns

Post  Fennis Dembo Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:56 pm

Biff Burns: Why are you challenging the flagrant foul called on you?
Charlie V: The whole thing was an accident. What happened is I put up my arms to defend him and at that exact moment I coughed, burped, hiccupped, sneezed, and farted all at the same time and that caused my body to spasm violently knocking him down. It doesn’t help that he is half my size. If I knew I was going to be fined 25 grand I would have knocked him clean right out of his spleen to quote Bob Dylan.

Biff Burns: Did your summer boxing lessons have anything to do with this?
Charlie V: Are you saying I floated like a butterfly and stung like a bee?
Biff Burns: It sounds to me more like you farted like a bull moose.

Charlie V: I’m just happy I wasn’t suspended because things are going well lately.
Biff Burns: Here are some Gas X pills. These fouls can get expensive not to mention odoriferous.
Charlie V: Yes, Coach Frank has told me in the past to quit farting around.
Biff Burns: I think he meant it figuratively but now we can add the literally to his remark.

Fennis Dembo

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Phillip!!! Put down the Pipe!!!

Post  Oracle Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:03 pm

Phil1980boy wrote:
You can put this kid at the 2, keep Prince at the 3, B.K.7 at the 1, The Moose at the 4 and Big Dre At the 5.

The Pistons will be the new young guns of the NBA Eastern Conference.

Keep Prince and we're the new young guns????

Prince and young don't go together bro... lol!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty I hope

Post  Oracle Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:06 pm

Fennis Dembo wrote:Biff Burns: Why are you challenging the flagrant foul called on you?
Charlie V: The whole thing was an accident. What happened is I put up my arms to defend him and at that exact moment I coughed, burped, hiccupped, sneezed, and farted all at the same time and that caused my body to spasm violently knocking him down. It doesn’t help that he is half my size. If I knew I was going to be fined 25 grand I would have knocked him clean right out of his spleen to quote Bob Dylan.

Biff Burns: Did your summer boxing lessons have anything to do with this?
Charlie V: Are you saying I floated like a butterfly and stung like a bee?
Biff Burns: It sounds to me more like you farted like a bull moose.

Charlie V: I’m just happy I wasn’t suspended because things are going well lately.
Biff Burns: Here are some Gas X pills. These fouls can get expensive not to mention odoriferous.
Charlie V: Yes, Coach Frank has told me in the past to quit farting around.
Biff Burns: I think he meant it figuratively but now we can add the literally to his remark.

That Biff's Gas X pills are strong enough!!!

We may have to up the dosage to Gas XXX pills!

They relieve gas, and thrill you at the same time!

Another Fennis Classic!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Daye

Post  Oracle Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:18 pm

Is one hell of a mismatch!!!

He can shoot the 3, and in the post or on the curl, can just rise up over anybody guarding him and stroke it!!!

This is the Austin Daye we had earlier, but couldn't figure out how to use!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Hmmmm

Post  Grizz2 Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:20 pm

Sebastian wrote:OUR Pistons are dead last in attendance.

Sebastian . Surprised to hear this .. and it has to be a big concern for Joe D and Gores .. Kind of reaping what the past 4 seasons of lousy basketball engineered courtesy of Dumars Dumb and Dumber decisions (you know the long list) ..

But with winning .. the fans will come back .
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Just gonna post that

Post  Grizz2 Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:23 pm

Oracle wrote:Is one hell of a mismatch!!!

He can shoot the 3, and in the post or on the curl, can just rise up over anybody guarding him and stroke it!!!

This is the Austin Daye we had earlier, but couldn't figure out how to use!!!

Oracle .. Daye has gone from the look of a total loser to a winner .. shooting the lights out ..

I undestand his mother got a a serious disease last season and that he was naturally distraught .. Russia was not a good place for him either as he readily admits .
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Thanks for the link

Post  Grizz2 Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:42 pm

lemonpen wrote:[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Lemon .. It really makes a difference when you can go deep .. if some players are having a bad night .. you can ride the ones who are hot... And more players with different looks are harder for the other team and players to prepare and be ready to play for .. And the players stay fresher, more energetic and less likely to get injuried ...And if they do . you got someone to take their place ..

I also like that Frank is getting different mixes with some starters with the bench .. Learning to play with each other .. Tip my hat to Frank .. I am afraid we are going to lose that number 1 draft pick .... Why couldnt we just have amnestied Ben Gordon (Was against this dumb Magette trade from the second I heard it lol ) ... Well .. we better lose no better than the 20th pick if that is the case .. and I am will feel better .. Making the play-offs and knocking off the C-Heat in the first round will make a lot of us pretty happy .. lol
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Prince vs Korver

Post  Oracle Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:08 pm

LOL!!!

Prince found another gump he can abuse down low hehe
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Jmax Saves the Win... and Drummond too .. great block!

Post  Grizz2 Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:50 pm

2 great late defensive plays .. sorry about the DBED ragging on ya . Jason!

Daye .. you were the man today ...

Knight .. not good enough ..

Monroe and Drummond .. both very solid games ..

At least I think the Pistons will win ...

Go Pistons .. ! dance pom pom

More and more good play calling from Frank .. even if players were not able to execute all the time..
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Drummond saves the game

Post  Oracle Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:56 pm

With a block on that WhoreFord, LOL!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Isiah on NBA TV

Post  Sebastian Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:59 pm

Folks, I don't care what nobody says, Zeke wants to coach the Pistons.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next