Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+21
cool breeze
basketbills
FireDumars
barn67
deusXango
Oracle
g-man
Sparma
frankied
Pablitus
Sebastian
Sissy1946
mattty38
Murph
merc
FlyDog
WTF
Grizz
Rett
Flip
Admin
25 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Some postiives

Post  Grizz Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:59 pm

Rhett .. there are positives ... Knight looks like he is going to be a great one .. Start Knight Now! ... Monroe looks stronger every game .. and I missed part of the game but he seemed to play better with another real big like Ben Wallace ... Daye has talent .. he is young and could be very good player ... though I would trade him for a real big .. It is all in Coach Frank's hands who is certainly a better head coach than the last 2 guys .. But I do agree with others who say this team sucks, and who are good fans themselves, and are venting so much .. It didnt have to be like this because we have delayed rebuilding though some very unsound decisions by our leader in chief, Joe Dumars ... But must try to be more positive ... you are right !
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty The Teal Teams were...

Post  frankied Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:05 pm

oracle,
the problem is that the team is not rebuilding.
joe refuses to do so. he takes one step towards rebuilding and two steps back towards trying to just be good enough to try to squeeze into the playoffs. when the game got out of hand tonight, this should have been the time to play daye and macklin and knight and all of the young players. instead, he has a line-up out there with wilkins and maxiell and ben wallace.
can't blame the coach. as i've said plenty of times, every nba coach out there will go with a predictable vet, anytime, any game, any score, rather than a young player.
that is why it is the gm's job to make sure the coach has limited options that way. meaning, don't sign a guy like wilkins who does nothing but take up space and take PT away from young guys who need to play.
can't say i'm surprised, though I wish a guy like macklin could have played more. just to see what he can do.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Frank On Being Frank

Post  Sissy1946 Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:28 pm

He was asked if he seen anything positive out there tonight, he said well, when you play good defense & your offense doesn't play as well as your defense then there's gonna be a problem, well said, Prince says we needed to establish our intensity on both ends but tonight our offense got a little stagnant, we just have to feel our way out of this, need to do a lot of talking to each other. News flash: Jelly-Joe still on the phone, sources say he"s working on a deal to bring in another guard, jeeze, I give up. What the hell is his deal, is he that dense? The Pistons will not win any games in December, well Duh! Or January?

Last edited by Sissy1946 on Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:32 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Spell)
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Gores Sez Dumars Understands Piston Principle's

Post  Sissy1946 Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:20 am

Oh yea, well then what is the principle of not having a center on this team? Or what is the principle of carrying deadweights like Maxiell, Wallace, Bymum & Gordon ? Looks like Dumars has got Gores's ear right now, that doesn't bode well for Piston fans I'm afraid. Mr. Gores you"d better go find your thinking cap cause this schitt ain't flying around here no matter what your thinking of him is.
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Tell me What do you see?

Post  Oracle Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:20 am

Look at...

Greg Monroe - I mean really look at him. He's doing a great job, but if you look at him, do you see a Center? WTF kind of joke is that?

Stuckey - 1/11, and we're paying this dude WHAT??? Good lord, please let him revolt on the coach again so we can dump his ass.

Ben Gordon - A VERY good player off the bench when he's hot. If he's not, he's almost as bad as RIP, a turnover machine and a defensive liability 24/7.

Ben Wallace - I LOVE him to death, but why in the world is he even playing?

frankie, DX - You guys have won me over! Screw all these losers, play the kids and let them learn the hard way, like Rose did, it didn't hurt his game! Playing Stuckey and BG is a total waste of time!

Stuckey shocks me the most, and I'm hoping that it's that he was out when everybody else was playing, but I don't really believe that.

How can Joe look at this mess and live with himself? I'd be out there coughing up a spleen trying to get somebody anybody that was 6'11/265+ on this team. Even a slug that took up some space could help Monroe be moe effective.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Monroe

Post  Flip Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:36 am

Great game for Monroe tonight as far as him taking a step towards becoming a reliable low post option on offense.

They were feeding it to him an he was delivering in the post for most of the game. And made great decisions picking up some nice assists when they brought the double.

22 pts, 9 rebs, 4 asts on 9-12 FG

I think a lot of fans predict thats about the stat line he has potential to avg once he reaches his prime. Tonight he proved he's capable of doing it at least 1 game. Great sign.

Knight played much like he did @IND. But despite getting blown out all 3 games, we got great games from Knight and Monroe thus far. I think thats all you can ask for. If they are going to lose a lot of games, you just want to see these 2 have breakout years. So I guess its a good start in that regard at least. Hopefully we'll get some games where they both put it together in the same game and start to click with one another. Monroe is showing glimpses of being a really good low post scorer, and Knight equally as well from behind the arc. Should be a great inside-outside duo once they get on the same page.
If we end up with a top 2 pick and get Drummond or Davis, and Knight/Monroe take big leaps in development this year, I can deal with the losing, because we would have a great young trio with 2 great bigs and a great young PG.

Monroe still needs lots of work on defense though, but great to at least see him play like that on offense after 2 pretty bad games to start the year. Lets see if he can carry some momentum in tomorrow nights rematch and atone for his bad game against the Pacers tough frontline the other day.

Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Rett

Post  WTF Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:52 am

What can you say Rett is Rett. This team suck and Blaha and Kelser sound like assholes trying to sell fans on it being anything different.

We must all keep in mind that the there are fans that cheer the name of the team and not the team, because if Rett could see pass all the red, white and Pistons Blue she'll know that this team sucks.

BTW the Rett Lions Fans are far more vicious with criticizing a team, Lions will finish with a 11-5 record and that's still not good enough many.

Rett it is real silly and childish of you to think that your happy opinion should be the only opinion around here. None of us complain about your overly optimistic views on the team, but if you feel you need to not post here after Flip did all this hard work that's unfortunate. Yes the comments here are one-sided because the majority of the fan base is un-happy with the team but somehow you seem to think you in some majority of happy fans. People are displeased.

Last edited by WISEFAN on Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:34 am; edited 2 times in total
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Sissy

Post  FlyDog Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:18 am

LOL!...........I would never confuse you with a pom-pom waver! My post wasn't aimed at you, it was just poorly worded. Blame it on the al al al al al alcohol........

Rett- Sorry I called you demented, blind and slow. That wasn't very nice.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Frank 0-20 in last 20 games?

Post  FireDumars Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:38 am

can you blame him? THE PROBLEM is Dumars, for this entire mess from players to coaches!

I hope the Pistons keep losing and never win a single game, until Dumars is fired and a guy like Isiah Thomas is brought in as GM and Bill Laimbeer or Jerry Sloan as coach. Heck, the ownership had a chance to take former Portland GM Pritchard, who rebuild that team and is now doing a great job with Pacers, but they kept sucking the thumb of Dumars. Why, why, why????
FireDumars
FireDumars

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty BWAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

Post  FlyDog Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:12 am

Goodwill thinks we miss Villanueva. Yeah..........if only Charlie had been around these last 3 games, we'd be 3-0. He's a real difference maker. BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHA! That Vince is a funny guy.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Suck The Life Out Of 2004

Post  WTF Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:26 am

FireDumars wrote:can you blame him? THE PROBLEM is Dumars, for this entire mess from players to coaches!

I hope the Pistons keep losing and never win a single game, until Dumars is fired and a guy like Isiah Thomas is brought in as GM and Bill Laimbeer or Jerry Sloan as coach. Heck, the ownership had a chance to take former Portland GM Pritchard, who rebuild that team and is now doing a great job with Pacers, but they kept sucking the thumb of Dumars. Why, why, why????

That 2004 ship has long passed yet it's the reason they keep holding on to Dumars. Particularly the local media who can't or won't acknowledge all the mistakes Joe has made since then. His drafting been poor, his inability to move players via trades and his poor choices of coaches and free agents.

What the local media is good at is using the 2 seasons Karen Davidson was in charged as an excuse for 7 seasons of stupidity by the GM running this team. Personally I don't blame Karen for putting the lockdown on Joe after he wasted 22 million in cap space on Charlie and Ben in a rush to spend it after an unpopular trade of the leader of the team.

Everyone waiting for 2004 to magically repeat itself and the key word being magically because what happen with 2004 was magic and not some master plan of Joe Dumars. People aren't waiting on Joe to actually do anything close to GM'ing they're waiting on that magical lightening bolt to strike him in the ass again and in a way it did when both Monroe and Knight fell into his lap on draft day. "However" Joe will manage to screw this up if he hasn't already because he refuses to properly rebuild this team and put the right personel around these 2 potential franchise players.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Post are not showing

Post  Sebastian Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:41 am

I'm trying to determine why my post will not display. Could it be, because I am lambasting Rodney Stuckey?

Last edited by Sebastian on Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:47 am; edited 2 times in total
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Ironic

Post  Murph Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:43 am

And you know what the most ironic part is? Joe broke up that Championship team early in the fall of 2008...because he didn't want to go through a long, messy rebuilding process. lol!

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty how is everyone doing in general?

Post  Grizz Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:38 am

PER
Greg Monroe 23.1
Jonas Jerebko 17.1
Brandon Knight 18.5
Damien Wilkins 9.5
Ben Gordon 13.9
Vernon Macklin 14.1
Ben Wallace 10.3
Will Bynum 5.5
Jason Maxiell 2.2
Tayshaun Prince 8.6
Rodney Stuckey 12.5
Austin Daye -1.8

15 is average .. And I dont think this includes overall defense where you stop your man from scoring but .. Kind of matches what we were thinking about these players ..maybe ..

Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Defensive ratings?

Post  Grizz Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:43 am

DRtg
Greg Monroe 112
Jonas Jerebko 115
Brandon Knight 115
Damien Wilkins 115
Ben Gordon 118
Vernon Macklin 123
Ben Wallace 107
Will Bynum 114
Jason Maxiell 116
Tayshaun Prince 119
Rodney Stuckey 115
Austin Daye 105

Aaron Affalo is presently rated 105 for the Nuggets ..
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Defensive Ratings

Post  FlyDog Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:51 am

Mornin Grizz. I take it, the lower the number, the better?
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Defensive ratings?

Post  Grizz Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:16 am

FlyDog wrote:Mornin Grizz. I take it, the lower the number, the better?

Happy New Years Eve .. Flydog ... for the defensive rating .. the lower the better ... the average number of points estimated to be scored vs 100 possessions ... for the PER .. the higher the better ..
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Man.... Times have changed ...1988-1989

Post  Grizz Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:24 am

Rk Player Salary
1 Adrian Dantley $1,250,000
2 Isiah Thomas $1,100,000
3 James Edwards $800,000
4 William Bedford $687,500
5 Vinnie Johnson $633,000
6 Bill Laimbeer $630,000
7 Rick Mahorn $600,000
8 Dennis Rodman $550,000
9 Joe Dumars $400,000
10 John Salley $380,000
11 Darryl Dawkins $300,000
12 Fennis Dembo $100,000
13 Micheal Williams $100,000
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Re: Ratings

Post  Murph Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:58 am

Based on the ratings that Grizz provided, a reasonable starting line-up might be:

Knight
Stuckey
Jerebko
Monroe
Wallace

This line-up would improve our defense by subbing in Knight for Gordon, and Wallace for Prince. And based on the PERs, it would improve our offense as well.

Also, it would move JJ to SF and Monroe to PF, which most forum members have been calling for.

And before everyone starts chanting "Has-Ben, Has-Ben, Has-Ben", let me as you this. What's the difference between having an aging Wallace in the starting line-up in place of an aging Prince? Based on his play, Prince looks and acts older than Wallace. (Is Prince's back still a problem?)

Now, I realize that we might actually win some games with this line-up, which isn't good for our draft status. However, I'm confident that we'd still be bad enough for a top 3 pick. Then next year, we could replace Wallace in the starting line-up with our 1st round pick...and maintain some continuity.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Murph

Post  FlyDog Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:29 am

Sorry guy........that's too logical. I think our highest paid guys should continue to get the most play. Can't wait for Charlie's return tonight! Big time stuff, my friends. Big time stuff!
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty new line up...

Post  Grizz Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:30 am

Murph ...looks good! Ben W has been a better player so far than Prince .. hard to believe but true .. We do need 2 more bigs right now ..emergency level situation... Charlie V? I guess he deserves a shot at playing PF ... Could be the best we have for the present ...of course ..those stats are just for 3 games and and reflect heavily on whom they were playing with.. but they are indicators of how things are going ....really .. I think in our present team roster .. we are short of bigs so no matter who plays .. we are in trouble ... I still like Daye, JJ, Knight, Stuckey and Monroe getting most the minutes since they are the youngest .. Can Macklin play at all? Would like to see him in the game for 5 to 10 minutes tomorrow ...Actually Murph .. your line up makes sense as starters because it would mean our team had its best defense out there to start the game .. and hopefully that would get our team going in the right direction .. Of course Ben W can only play limited minutes .. but better to have a good start than have Ben Wallace playing at the end of a game in a blow out like vs the Celtics (that was the low point of the season for me anyway .. The Celtics were laughing at him) ... Let CV spell Ben W at PF .. 30 minutes a game until we just cannot stand him anymore .. or .. he might surprise us .. We are still in big trouble but .. the question is what is best for the team right now ..
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Tweet Tweet Mutha Fucka's!

Post  FlyDog Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:34 am

It me.........Charlie VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV! Hey Fleadog, you can s my c baby! How much money you make, n***a? I could beat you in a game a HORSE any damn day, baby! Can't believe them old skool guys used to play for such chump change. Hell, I make a million dollars a monf! Well, gotta go. I'm gettin red e for the game today. Tip-off at 12:00, I think. Gettin red e 2 stretch and then shoot. First one in the building baby!
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty not yiour favorite player

Post  Grizz Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:39 am

Fly .. you dont Charlie V very much, do you? :lol: For me ..things look so bleak ..I am starting to think he could help ...Probably pure insanity yet bom ..
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Grizz

Post  FlyDog Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:45 am

He's okay. Just a big goofball. Big goofballs don't WIN BASKETBALL GAMES AT THE NBA LEVEL.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Fesenko still available

Post  Flip Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:45 pm

Apparantly GS decided not to sign Fesenko. Now DAL appears to be the frontrunner to get him.

Not expecting anything from the Pistons on Fesenko. That would require them to use logic and reason, which isn’t one of their mantras posted up in the practice facility over at 3 Blowouts Drive in Auburn Hills.

Besides, according to Goodwill, they got Charlie V coming back! What do they need Fesenko for, when big Charlie V is the answer to all their problems? LOL

I remember the Pistons were in that first group of teams interested in Fesenko last week, then suddenly no one was mentioning them anymore as a possible destination. Quite disturbing to say the least, that they would take their name out of the running. Considering, of all those teams listed, we are the worst team and need big man help the most.

If Joe bowed out gracefully because he didn’t think he had a chance of signing a player who avg 2 pts and 2 rebs, to a 1 yr, $1 mil deal, then its safe to say Joe cant land anyone anymore.

If you cant even out-recruit other teams to get a player with that resume and for the cheapest deal possible, then you are the worst GM in the league.

Last edited by Flip on Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next