Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+21
cool breeze
basketbills
FireDumars
barn67
deusXango
Oracle
g-man
Sparma
frankied
Pablitus
Sebastian
Sissy1946
mattty38
Murph
merc
FlyDog
WTF
Grizz
Rett
Flip
Admin
25 posters

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty That's True!

Post  Grizz Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:44 am

Pablitus wrote:He could be an awesome adtion to our team. But we can`t pay any price to get him. Monroe, JJ and Knight , plus our 1st round pick, is untradeable .

Pablitus Good call ! Forgot about our number one draft pick .. thanks for keeping Joe in line ... No first draft pick for Cousins... uh uh .. gonna be some really good players available for next year's draft and we figure to be in the lottery, maybe top 3 .. Actually .. while taking a walk today .. the first rounder occured to me as another NO NO for JOE .. Yes .. we will have a top 3 pick most likely .. Cousins wasnt valued that high even before his descent into hell for the Kings .. But what do we have that the Kings would want? Daye straight up?
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Is He Coming Here:DeMarcus Cousins

Post  Sissy1946 Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:29 am

At least we'd have a Big Center.
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty So what's the case?

Post  Grizz Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:29 am

The Kings leave for a two-game road trip to Memphis and Denver on Monday afternoon, and team president Geoff Petrie said he has a meeting Monday morning with Cousins that will determine whether he will join the team on the trip.

Petrie made it clear that the decision to publicly announce Cousins' trade demand was an attempt to send a strong message to the 21-year-old with the hope that he changes his ways. It wasn't, Petrie insisted, a sign that Cousins is now on the trading block.
"I think in the larger picture of things he's just got to find a way to swallow those things and learn to grow up," Petrie said. "Learn to be more professional, learn to put in the effort and time, grow as a player. Help him help himself and help the team."

Read more: [Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty PISTONS LOGIC COUSINS

Post  deusXango Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:09 am

Once having stood back and took an unemotional look at what the pros and cons were for obtaining DeMarcus Cousins now vs the long range possibilities of our beloved Pistons; I'd leave him alone. Without a doubt the young man has size and talent and he could fill a glaring need on our team now, but there are storm clouds brewing and we're in a potentially miraculous position to better our team through rebuilding, if management stays the course.

The time for our GM to make trades and deals would be from by the trade deadline through FA signing of 2012. With where we currently are and what Frank is doing to change the culture of this team it would not be prudent to try and make a move of that magnitude. We have a bright future. With two or three untouchables there has to be a package attractive enough to equal a top ten draft pick, with who's left, to go along with our first rounder. Imagine the magical Cleveland 1 & 4, or 2 & 5-8. I'm seeing Andre Drummond or Anthony Davis with our first rounder and Jeremy Lamb, Perry Jones, or James McAdoo with the acquired first rounder. Any combination of those two make more sense to me at seasons end than Cousins does now!

The most attractive FA's this year are Dwight Howard and Deron Williams, and we could be in the running for one or both of them. Geeesh I'm just speculating on a hypothsis. With the sign and trade practice, that we don't use, we could make some noise by the start of 2012-2013. Let me roll out a couple of scenarios and then I'll go:
C-A. Drummond
PF-G. Monroe
SF-J. Jerebko
SG-J. Lamb
PG-B. Knight
or
C-G. Monroe
PF-A. Davis
SF-P. Jones/J. McAdoo
SG-R. Stuckey
PG-B. Knight
With the acquisition of Demarcus Cousins now, these possibilities and your scenarios for the future are rendered almost impossible, and we've got nothing but possible attitude, like never before, in the rebuild mix. Joe would be trying to build a house with bricks made without straw. It's not logical to pursue Cousins as that's not the path we're on right now.

Last edited by deusXango on Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:14 am; edited 1 time in total
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty HEY GRIZZ

Post  deusXango Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:12 am

I was wondering when "the Captain" was gonna show up. Kudos on your avatar Grizz, it's a good look king
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Avatar

Post  Grizz Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:19 am

deusXango wrote:I was wondering when "the Captain" was gonna show up. Kudos on your avatar Grizz, it's a good look king

deusXango .. thanks .. I think yours is quite cool and fits you well ..Dont mess with Darth Maul! Twisted Evil

God .. I miss having "The Captain" king here in Detroit .. Wish Gore could work something out to bring him back into the organization .. Would make sense and a lot of Piston fans would be elated...

Your reasons for taking a pass on Cousins make sense as do Frankie's (Cousins' attitude isnt so hot) .. I say if we can get him without giving up too much, lets do it .. Getting our SFs beat up this year by PFs might not work out so well in the long run ..

But .. notice the earlier post .. It sounds like the Kings are not going to trade him probably .. unless that is a ruse to get his value highter ..
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Cousins a Piston

Post  FireDumars Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:56 am

I am willing to trade the entire team, except Monroe, JJ and Knight for Cousins.

Give him a shot. He would bring much needed size and rebounding at C, allowing Monroe to move to PF - where he belongs and would be a 20 and 10 player/night, and also moving JJ to where he is better suited at SF, giving the Pistons a big, young, athletic front line...something they have been dying for. However, I'm sure Dumars prefers having overpaid pussies and ego/drama queens in Suckey, Princess, CV, Maxiel on the team, so this trade is just a dream.

Sacramento needs help at SF, so package the useless Princess with Suckey, CV, Maxiell finally.

Here are some trades that also work salary cap wise:

Austin Daye
Jason Maxiel
for
Cousins

Austin Daye
CV
for
Cousins

FireDumars
FireDumars

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  FireDumars Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:26 am

FireDumars wrote:I am willing to trade the entire team, except Monroe, JJ and Knight for Cousins.

if by any chance, Dumars makes another mistake and trades Monroe, I will after 20-years of following every Pistons game, never watch a Pistons game, never buy anything Pistons related and will find another team to cheer for.

FireDumars
FireDumars

Back to top Go down

Post  deusXango Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:36 am

FireDumars wrote:I am willing to trade the entire team, except Monroe, JJ and Knight for Cousins.

Give him a shot. He would bring much needed size and rebounding at C, allowing Monroe to move to PF - where he belongs and would be a 20 and 10 player/night, and also moving JJ to where he is better suited at SF, giving the Pistons a big, young, athletic front line...something they have been dying for. However, I'm sure Dumars prefers having overpaid pussies and ego/drama queens in Suckey, Princess, CV, Maxiel on the team, so this trade is just a dream.

Sacramento needs help at SF, so package the useless Princess with Suckey, CV, Maxiell finally.

I would love to give Cousins a chance also, but my eye is on the future Fire. I'm certain that Sacramento's need for a SF would have them coming straight after J.J. and that's a trade I'm not willing to make on a gamble. Jerebko is easily a 10 year pro that we won't have a moments trouble out of. The man has character. The reality is Cousins and Jerebko's contracts match, and being under the CAP Sac town won't be to high on Detroit dumping their over-paid "bums" on them for a promising big man playing under a rookie deal. We would have to shop with maybe two other teams to come up with an exceptable player for Sacramento, and it would be at the expense of dimming our future flexability. Love your passion though Fire. FireDumars!
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Stuff

Post  Lobo Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:30 pm

I have to say that I really like Tom Gores so far, he seems to be willing to do whatever it takes, you know?
Congratulations to Lawrence Frank and the new-look Pistons on their first win, a savvy performance capitalizing on favorable circumstances.
I'll bet we get quite a boost from Charley Villanueva.

Lobo

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Pistons-Magic

Post  Flip Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:11 pm

Going to be a good game tonight, with the Pistons coming off a great game against IND, now having some momentum, and the Monroe-Howard matchup should be fun. I think we have a chance to win this game, if we can bottle up what we did against IND and carry it into tonight.
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Game link

Post  Buddha Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:53 pm

Does anybody have an online link to the game tonite?[img][/img]

Buddha

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Link

Post  Grizz Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:19 pm

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Nice work!

Post  Grizz Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:18 pm

Dont know whether the Pistons will win this game ..but they sure look like the will .. Very impressed with their progress as a team .. Good work Mr. Frank!
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Quote of the Year .. Dennnis Rodman .. “I don’t know too many men that don’t like a good-looking woman running up and down around the court,” Rodman said.

Post  Grizz Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:45 pm

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]

Former Bulls bad boy Dennis Rodman is taking his antics to a new level.
The five-time NBA champion is coming back to basketball — this time as the coach for a topless women’s team he is launching for Headquarters Gentlemen’s Club in New York.
According to a report, Rodman decided to put the team together after hearing that rival strip joint Rick’s Cabaret launched a league with former Atlanta Hawk Spud Webb.
“I don’t know too many men that don’t like a good-looking woman running up and down around the court,” Rodman said.

You could never do this at the old Piston forum ...

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Great Win!

Post  Grizz Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:00 pm

Our Pistons are really getting it together .. Hurrah! Frank .. you are a good coach! cheers
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Oh what a Night!!

Post  Oracle Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:01 pm

Miami has to put the championship parade on hold as the Hawks kick their ass in Miami!

Then the BIG ONE!!!

Pistons pull on Superman's cape... and his drawers fall off!

Who are these guys???

Where did this Ben Gordon come from? Or better yet, where the fark has he been?

I'm proud of the way these guys are playing now!!!

GO PISTONS!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty That's what's UP!

Post  Rett Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:08 pm

Deeetroit Basketball...............

Great win , Guys!
And BG got his groove back.........

Lots of great plays tonight......THAT was a TEAM effort!! Very Happy

Rett

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Who Dat : Is That the Old Ben Gordon There?

Post  Sissy1946 Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:28 pm

Here we go, Ben Gordon looking pretty good tonight, get on the phone Joe & bring us a center into the mix with what we got already, Jerebko with 11 boards & Monroe with 9, Daye 11 seconds & Charley V with 38 seconds of playin' time, keep workin' into shape Charlie.

Last edited by Sissy1946 on Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spell)
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:06 am

Sissy1946 wrote:Here we go, Ben Gordon looking pretty good tonight, get on the phone Joe & bring us a center into the mix with what we got already.
This was the first thing that crossed my mind... BG will go hot n cold... definitely not a long term solution on defense.... just keep repeating 12 Million per year.
Tear em up BG :idea:
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Great Win Tonight!

Post  Flip Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:42 am

Pistons look fundamentally sound for the first time since LB, and if it continues, Frank should win coach of the year, considering how undisciplined and buffonish they were last year. He's doing a great job so far. And its nice to see Daye/CV out of the rotation for their lack of defense.

Monroe plagued with foul trouble and only getting 21 min, still posts a dbl-dbl against Howard, and actually out-rebounded him. He's looking like a special Center that can put dbl-dbls in his sleep.

Call it lucky or the compressed schedule, but when we play CHI at home on Wed, it'll be the 3rd team in a row that has to travel to Motown on the 2nd night of a B2B, and will actually be the Bulls 3rd game in 4 nights. They have to play a tough ATL team tomorrow, who just beat MIA tonight. So they should be well worn out by our game on Wed and we can take advantage like we did to IND/ORL.

Go Pistons!!
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty and the "Old BEN" still has play................

Post  Rett Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:50 am

Smile

He was clearly a difference maker in this game tonite...

U GO BIG BEN!! :lol:

Rett

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:51 am

This ain't easy times being a Piston fan... torn between wanting a high draft pick and wanting the team to do well.
Hopefully we strike gold again like we did with Monroe.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty CHI TOWN and RIP on Wednesday

Post  Rett Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:54 am

I say: Bring 'em On!!

Twisted Evil

Rett

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty OH!..One more thing........

Post  Rett Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:57 am

dang...I wish Stuck would finish at the basket!!

Suspect

Rett

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next