Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+21
cool breeze
basketbills
FireDumars
barn67
deusXango
Oracle
g-man
Sparma
frankied
Pablitus
Sebastian
Sissy1946
mattty38
Murph
merc
FlyDog
WTF
Grizz
Rett
Flip
Admin
25 posters

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  Flip Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:51 pm

btw, "Earn you way, everyday"

Jason Maxiell certainly has - avg 1.3 pts, 1.6 rebounds, and 0 asts....and getting 15 mpg! scratch

Looks like Frank is really sticking to his words. LOL!

Last edited by Flip on Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

Post  Flip Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:55 pm

Sebastian wrote:I'm trying to determine why my post will not display. Could it be, because I am lambasting Rodney Stuckey?

Sebastian, I'm not sure what could've caused your posts to not show. I dont moderate any of the posts and there's no restrictions programmed as far as what content/words it won't display. Could've just been a little glitch. If you or anyone else is still having trouble let me know.
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty the pistons are not THAT bad...

Post  frankied Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:34 pm

the funny thing about the team is that, imho, the team has decent talent. if you simply looked at the players, assigned a value to their talent, they would grade out as an average kind of team.
the problem is that the talent is so mismatched, the roster is so botched up that it s overloaded in certain area - combo guards and small forwards - while it is totally void of other types of talent - playmakers, rebounders and defenders and big guys.
that is the real tragedy of the team.
the team has talent, it is not as though there is no talent on the team, but it is like trying to drive a car that has 5 wheels and no steering wheel.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty big ben should start...

Post  frankied Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:41 pm

i never thought i would say it, but i think that big ben should start.
it is the only thing, considering the current roster, that will provide what the team needs, even if big ben is a shell of the player he once was.
the team needs a front court player who does what wallace used to do, and what he can sorta, kinda do nowadays.
he obviously won't be as effective as he once was, and he will obviously be abused often, but his presence will help balance the starting unit and the entire team.
someone posted a list and showed how everyone on the starting unit was playing out of position.
an outstanding post and absolutely true.
put ben in at the starting center spot and even though he will be subpar, especially compared to what he once was, his presence allows everyone on the front line to start playing their natural roles.
they might actually start winning a few games.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty kidd-gilchrist might be better than davis...

Post  frankied Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:47 pm

i get why everyone is in love with davis from kentucky. he is going to be a real difference maker.
what i really like is that he has such intensity and a great motor, considering that he is such a talented kid.
he is obviously going to be an excellent player, especially if he ever develops his offense and if he can put on about 30 pounds.
but whenever i see kentucky play, the guy i've always ended up being most impressed with is kidd-gilchrist. because he is an all-court player, a guy who playes everywhere on the court - perimeter, interior, transition - he might have more of an impact on games.
i've been one of the most vocal fans biotching and moaning about NOT drafting or acquiring any more small forwards, but i hafve to admit that if detroit lost out on davis or drummond next year, kidd-gilchrist might be the guy i'd go for. i definitely would not fault joe d if he drafted him.
i'd draft him and reconfigure my roster to fit him in cause he is going to be a prime time player.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty Kidd-Gilchrrist

Post  Sebastian Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:03 pm

frankied, in the past I have valued your knowledge of the college talent, eventhough I have disagreed with some of your observations in the past albeit everso slightly.

But, you are spot-on when identifying the kid, Kidd-Gilchrist as a talent on the horizon.

I don't care where WE pick, if Kidd-Gilchrist is on the board, draft him immediately.

I want Kidd-Gilchrist, too!
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty Everything works fine, now, Flip ...

Post  Sebastian Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:08 pm

Flip wrote:btw, "Earn you way, everyday"

Jason Maxiell certainly has - avg 1.3 pts, 1.6 rebounds, and 0 asts....and getting 15 mpg! scratch

Looks like Frank is really sticking to his words. LOL!

Everything works fine, now, Flip ...

I actually work with this sort of stuff and glitches and unexplain occurrences do happen from time to time. -Thanks again, fellow suffering Pistons fan. Wink
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty Kidd-Gilchrist

Post  Sebastian Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:16 pm

Also, do you'll recall the report a couple weeks ago, reporting how Kidd-Gilchrist arranged the before breakfast practices. The kid is a leader and a baller.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty Flip

Post  Sissy1946 Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:26 pm

Having trouble getting a pic to post, Im hitting reply screen, 15th button, click browse, find pic, click host it, next 3 links I click the middle one, then hit upload but am getting nothing, I even go to preview then click that hoping it will show up but nothing happens, HELP!
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty kidd-gilchrist...

Post  frankied Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:29 pm

Sebastian wrote:Also, do you'll recall the report a couple weeks ago, reporting how Kidd-Gilchrist arranged the before breakfast practices. The kid is a leader and a baller.
i didn't know that, but it doesn't surprise me. you can see that he is definitely an on-court leader.
he might be the best all-around player i've seen in college ball.
great defender, excellent offensive player. he could improve his shooting, but you could say that about almost every college player.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

Post  Flip Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:32 pm

Sissy1946 wrote:Having trouble getting a pic to post, Im hitting reply screen, 15th button, click browse, find pic, click host it, next 3 links I click the middle one, then hit upload but am getting nothing, I even go to preview then click that hoping it will show up but nothing happens, HELP!

Don't click "upload" at the end. What you need to do is copy the middle link of those 3. Then you have to paste it the response.

So dont click upload, after you copy the link, just close that box out by clicking the 15th button again.

The you just need to paste the link below your text in your response, and it should show up, if not let me know.
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty Davis

Post  Flip Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:41 pm

He looks like exactly what we need next to Monroe.

18pts, 10 rebs, 6 blks, 3 stls, 12-13 FT's, 3-4 FG today in a win vs #4 ranked Louisville.

He only needed 4 shots to get a 18/10/6/3 game! Thats impressive.

Gilchrist looks good too, but Davis is the difference for UK, imo, he's turned their paint into a No Fly Zone on D. And he's just got that instinct on D that you cant teach, and thats exactly what we need at C. His shot-blocking would cover up a lot of Monroe's weaknesses on D too. He seems to have a great IQ as well and makes all the little plays you need to win. Plus doesnt need his shot to fall for him to still put up big numbers and win, thats exactly what we dont have on this right now, and would be great to add a player like that. We'd have Monroe's scoring in the low post on offense, and Davis anchoring paint on defense.

The losing sucks now, but if we just wait 3-4 months, we'll likely be able to add this kid without giving up anything. And have one of the best young frontcourts in the league, and be set for the next 10 yrs.

Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty Fesenko still available

Post  Oracle Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:46 pm

Joe thought you were saying that there are Free Stink Ho's available!

You have to speak SLOWLY when talking over a shoe phone!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty Tyson J. Trump - Could this be UncleTy?

Post  Oracle Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:58 pm

I was on the detnews site here - [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

If you go down to the comments, you'll see Tyson. He doesn't completely write like TY, but it wouldn't hurt if Flip placed a notice there.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty MIA

Post  Sparma Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:11 pm

Oracle wrote:I was on the detnews site here - [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

If you go down to the comments, you'll see Tyson. He doesn't completely write like TY, but it wouldn't hurt if Flip placed a notice there.

OBM and LA Piston haven't made it over, have they? Two of our group's best posters.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

Post  Flip Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:13 pm

Oracle wrote:I was on the detnews site here - [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Thanks for the heads up, Oracle. I sent him a message via facebook and left the link. I sent links to the other commenters on there too so maybe some others might show up too.

I think The News actually deleted some of my links that I left in comments on their articles before, lol. So I'm just sending messages though facebook instead now.
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

Post  Flip Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:15 pm

Sparma wrote:

OBM and LA Piston haven't made it over, have they? Two of our group's best posters.

I've seen OBM post over at another site, but his PM is turned off so I cant send him any messages. Eventually, I'll get in touch with him though the next time we're both on there posting at the same time.

I've seen P-Boy posting over there too, but his PM is also turned off. If he ever pops up again over there I'll get the link to him.
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty Remember Us?

Post  Sissy1946 Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:02 pm

[Only admins are allowed to see this link] We're not sure who these 2011-2012 imposters are.
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty Happy New Year Piston Posters

Post  Sissy1946 Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:27 pm

[Only admins are allowed to see this link] Are we going Win-Less in December or can we pull one out tonight? Thanks again Flip for the help.
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty HAPPY NEW YEAR ONE AND ALL!!!

Post  deusXango Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:02 pm

I want to wish all my fellow posters and everyone in their circle of love a very healthy new year, may you keep joy in your hearts, and be blessed in all ways!

I want ot express my personal thanks to you Flip for your labors in getting this site up and running, and let you know man that you're really appreciated. I learn a lot from the posters on here and it fullfills my need to engage in lively discussion about my favorite basketball team. I enjoy the diversity of personalies on here; you've created something special, far superior to where we all met. My hat's off to you brother! Smile
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

Post  Flip Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:15 pm

deusXango wrote:I want to wish all my fellow posters and everyone in their circle of love a very healthy new year, may you keep joy in your hearts, and be blessed in all ways!

I want ot express my personal thanks to you Flip for your labors in getting this site up and running, and let you know man that you're really appreciated. I learn a lot from the posters on here and it fullfills my need to engage in lively discussion about my favorite basketball team. I enjoy the diversity of personalies on here; you've created something special, far superior to where we all met. My hat's off to you brother! Smile

Thanks! Very Happy
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty Flip

Post  Sissy1946 Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:29 pm

Guess I should drop down to the next size 640 pixels from 800 eh? It said the 800 was for forums, looks like the pics are too big on my I pad 2 but look great on my pc upstairs
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty Smart move Flip

Post  Oracle Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:38 pm

Flip wrote:I think The News actually deleted some of my links that I left in comments on their articles before, lol. So I'm just sending messages though facebook instead now.

I hope we can get them all back!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty Pistons better win!!!

Post  Oracle Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:49 pm

Or I'm going to defrag Joe's hard drive with Booze!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty Happy New Year

Post  Lobo Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:10 pm

I sure am grateful for this forum.

Lobo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down