Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+21
cool breeze
basketbills
FireDumars
barn67
deusXango
Oracle
g-man
Sparma
frankied
Pablitus
Sebastian
Sissy1946
mattty38
Murph
merc
FlyDog
WTF
Grizz
Rett
Flip
Admin
25 posters

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 17 Empty Can You Smell What Dumars is Cooking?

Post  Sissy1946 Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:04 pm

Has-Ben Wallace, Maxi-Pads, Bynum, Stuckey still dribbling Out of Control, Dumars still Stuffing his fat azz with Jelly-Filled instead of getting us some Bigs. Pistons now playing a little defense, coming back, within 3, 35-32 Indiana. Gores is still watching you Joe, his latest comment says he likes Joe but how does that guy inhale those jello-filled like that?
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 17 Empty Big Ben

Post  Sissy1946 Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:11 pm

Merc: Okay he's not doing so bad but we need to move on without him, his days are over & I blame Joe for him still being on the team, I just have no patience with him anymore, his time has come & gone with me anyway, same with Maxi-Pads, just release this guy & get it over with. Just like that Indiana has blown it open to 47-34, with 2:00 to play.
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 17 Empty Big Ben

Post  Grizz Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:12 pm

Merc .. the Pacers Bigs are doing pretty well inside .. so yeah .. somebody has to man the fort .. Oh good .. he just came into the game ..
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 17 Empty Half-Time: Indiana 52 Detroit 38

Post  Sissy1946 Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:15 pm

HELP!!!!!!!
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 17 Empty The future?

Post  Sparma Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:19 pm

JJ filling it up. Had some worries about him.

Nice drive by Knight to end the half, even though he missed the shot.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 17 Empty Garbage Team

Post  FlyDog Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:21 pm

Complete garbage.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 17 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  merc Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:24 pm

Sissy... I can relate to your wanting to change the guard... hopefully this lights a fire under the other bigs... Ben kept West & Hibbert under control during his PT... back to the kids
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

Post  Murph Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:31 pm

Yikes!!! Does anyone know how to play this game?

Only Jerebko and Ben Wallace are playing well.

Knight, Stuckey and Gordon were a combined 5-18 in the 1st half with 7 turns.

I have to hand it to Larry Bird. It looks as if he finally put together a decent team after all these years. I'm kind of glad I no longer post at the DetNews; ski and that other moron, rocco, would have been impossible to live with.

Murph

Back to top Go down

Post  Murph Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:37 pm

We are getting absolutely destroyed on the boards and in the paint.

Murph

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:41 pm

Murph... right on all accounts.
BG = MLE talent
Not gonna get too excited about how this squd plays... expectations are low... draft hopes are high.
However this game should leave no doubt about the need for an impact big man.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 17 Empty Pistons

Post  Sissy1946 Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:42 pm

Merc: Ben playing good tonight, just saying if joe would have done his job Ben or Maxi wouldn't even be on the team, Changing of the guard can't come soon enough for me, it's just the way Joe is stagnating this team right now, we need Bigs & he knows it yet he does nothing. Pistons down 62-44, Turrible ,As Barkley would say.
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 17 Empty Where's Daye?

Post  Grizz Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:45 pm

At least he has some fight in him ..
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:47 pm

Pretty funny how they show a clip of Joe saying "we're all excited about what this team can do this year" right b4 the Pacers stomp the shit out of his product.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:52 pm

Alarm clock goes off... wake up Joe your team sucks... lol
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 17 Empty Joe Ought to Be An Actor

Post  Sissy1946 Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:57 pm

Hee Haw Merc, I seen that too, is he really that delusional? Ain't nobody believing his bullchit except him & Scotty Perry , I know Franks isn't believing Anythings he says, he probably needed a job but probably didn't think he would have gotten the job from hell, he's probably thinking about why he even took this job. Listen to Blaha trying to sell tickets to the Pistons games when their down 21, poor George. Think Retirement George, hurry!

Last edited by Sissy1946 on Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 17 Empty Watching Maxi-Pads Play Is Like Watching Brandy Inge

Post  Sissy1946 Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:01 pm

TRYING to Hit a baseball, UGGGHH!!!!!
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 17 Empty Joe Dumar's Masquerade Continues

Post  Sissy1946 Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:30 pm

Pistons Pounded by Indiana 91-79. We need a center #1.
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 17 Empty Stilll No PG .. Still No Center

Post  Grizz Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:39 pm

Somebody kick the record player cuz it keeps skipping .. Stilll No PG .. Still No Post game Center .. Stuckey doesnt even pretend to play like a PG .. Our players dribble around the key and maybe make a pass to corner for a 3 point shot .. or just make a move or 2 and then take a jump shot .. This game was reasonably close because the Pacers started doing the same stuff and stopped playing inside-outside .. but to be honest .. the Pistons looked fairly bad .. I heard the Pacers announcers saying that they were told Knight would NOT get much playing time this season because of all the money invested in Stuckey and Gordon .. add Prince and CV as other players who never should have been signed for more than 5 million a season, if that .. and if I had my way, would never have been signed period .. If we have to wait out till Stuckey and Gordon retire (can only be traded to another even dumber GM) .. boy is it going to be miserable .
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 17 Empty MY EYES HAVE SEEN IT ALL

Post  deusXango Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:05 pm

I've seen films of Hari-Kari actually being performed, but this?! The manner in which Joe Dumars is systematically destroying a proud professional basketball team, one that he helped establish, is just gross! As a player he was great; as a GM..........can you say Elgin Baylor? That coven of unGodly beat writers should never be read; beware of subliminal suggestion. Over the CAP with nothing decent to show for the money spent. Come on Tom Gores, do the right thing and stop pussy-footing around. We can't watch 65 more of these.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 17 Empty Man, we're really missing CV

Post  Oracle Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:20 pm

Without CV we take a pounding like that?

Joe knows that CV will be the difference maker!

Ok, I put down the pipe, and I'm back to reality. Sure I missed the game due to a "Flea mating Special" on the discovery channel, but I can smell the stench all over the place.

They didn't stomp a mudhole in our arses, they stomped lake Michigan in there!

I believe I picked 18 wins this season, but now I'm looking like an optimist!

It's time for Joe to put down the doughnuts he's using for eyeglases, and get his vision and this team fixed!

What CLOWN looked at this squad and said it looks like a NBA team? Whoever that was, fire their arse tomorrow, this is UGLY!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 17 Empty Grading the Piston players for this game

Post  cool breeze Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:28 pm

First off, Indiana is a much better team this season. They are going in the right direction making smart decisions in their quest to build a respectible team. Detroit on the other hand, has a good coach who can't do the impossible as the Pistons have leadership at the top positions who just do not have any idea on how to build a team. How would Affalo look on this team? How would Billups look? How about Amir Johnson? Instead we have the hand picked crew of Joe Dumars. Here goes on the grading tonight. Monroe gets a D-. He obviously has not improved one aspect of his game. He still has slow feet. He does not box out. Monroe could not guard anyone who is as big or bigger than he is. He will get his stats on nights when the opponent takes the night off it appears. This is only one game, but I am really disappointed in Monroe. I expected great things from him. All of the indiana players made a fool out of him. Jerebco gets a B+ and player of the game. He was the only player who competed like a real NBA player tonight on both ends. So if the Pistons ever get a real big time center, if I were the coach, Monroe would sit and Jerebco would start. Jerebco has the one thing for a big man that you can't teach and that is quick feet and great energy. Maxiell gets an E. He just cannot play at the NBA level against a quality team. There is nothing positive to say about Maxiell. I feel sorry for him. Ben Wallace gets a C+. Tonight Ben was the second best big man on the floor for the Pistons. He played with passion. Now for the alleged skill players. Knight gets a pass. He made rookie mistakes but did knock down some 3 balls. Stuckey gets a C. The way the Piston big men were playing it was difficult to grade Stuckey. He didn't stand on on defense. Stuckey didn't hog the basketball tonight. He made some nice drives to the basket. Stuckey needs to be a great player for this team to not end up in next to last place. Daye was the usual Daye who gets a D grade. He made a lot of bad passes. He is a day late and a dollar short on the defensive end. Daye can do one thing well and that is shoot the basketball when nobody is on him. Other than that he is a liability when he is on the floor. Daye needs to become an aggressive rebounder or gain a lot of weight so he can play inside. Ben Gordon was the real chump of this game for the Pistons and he gets an E. He was the worst defender on the floor. His assigned man seemed to always be open and neither Stuckey or Gordon could stop dribble penetration. what bothers me about Gordon is that he is really trying hard. Maybe he will snap out of his funk that has lasted for over two seasons. Who knows but I will be pulling for him as long as he wears the Piston uniform as long as he keeps working hard. Bynum gets a D-. He just cannot stop dribbling the basketball on offense and cannot guard anyone on defense. Bynum is another player who tries really hard but just can't cut it at this level against normal NBA competition when good teams decide to actually play defense. Prince played like an old man tonight and he gets a C which is a gift. Prince appears to be hurt having trouble with his knee. If I were the coach, I would just rest Prince as the Pistons are not going anywhere with this crew. However, Wed, the Pistons play Cleveland and they might win that game. Pistons are still the same old Pistons who cannot defend, rebound or make shots on a consistant basis. Hope for a good addition in the next draft. That is our only hope.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:53 pm

deusXango wrote:I've seen films of Hari-Kari actually being performed, but this?! The manner in which Joe Dumars is systematically destroying a proud professional basketball team, one that he helped establish, is just gross! As a player he was great; as a GM..........can you say Elgin Baylor? That coven of unGodly beat writers should never be read; beware of subliminal suggestion. Over the CAP with nothing decent to show for the money spent. Come on Tom Gores, do the right thing and stop pussy-footing around. We can't watch 65 more of these.

It might get a lot worse deusXango. A guy like Jerebco cannot play that hard with the schedule set up this season. There is just no way you can do it. So Jerebco will have to pace himself like Monroe which will mean even more humiliation for this team. I noticed tonight that the team started out trying to use the principles installed by Frank on the defensive end. However, the vet players got tired really soon and then went right back to making the same old mistakes. I was watching part of Minn. game to see how Derek Williams performed. Happened to see Darko a lot and he sure would be a huge upgrade for this sorry team. My bet is that Frank will just go with Knight at point guard after about 20 games. The way Gordon has played as a Piston, it will be impossible to trade him. As Oracle mentioned, Charlie V was the missing piece for Detroit. That must be what Dumars is thinking. We get Charlie Back and look out NBA! I thought the best thing about this game was that Charlie V did not play. I still can't figure out why Charlie V decided to skip the last pre season game knowing that he would not be able to play when the season started because of his love for boxing. The pressure will be on real strong when he is elgible to play. Charlie said that the previous coach just didn't know how to play him correctly. Wait until Frank gets a look at Charlie's effort running the court.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

Post  WTF Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:55 pm

It's so freaking obvious this team been suffering the same illness since LB was fired and that illness is Joe Dumars. He's fat, he's delusional, he's a freaking joke. jocolor

We've needed bigs since 2006 and all this man done is drafted, signed, traded for more tweeners and SG since. When will people stop making excuses for this man and hold his fat ass accountable?

I'm okay with losing, I'm okay with youth, but damn can we get a young big talent on this team? Really what did Indy have 60 boards in this game?
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:05 am

cool breeze wrote:
deusXango wrote:I've seen films of Hari-Kari actually being performed, but this?! The manner in which Joe Dumars is systematically destroying a proud professional basketball team, one that he helped establish, is just gross! As a player he was great; as a GM..........can you say Elgin Baylor? That coven of unGodly beat writers should never be read; beware of subliminal suggestion. Over the CAP with nothing decent to show for the money spent. Come on Tom Gores, do the right thing and stop pussy-footing around. We can't watch 65 more of these.

I still can't figure out why Charlie V decided to skip the last pre season game knowing that he would not be able to play when the season started because of his love for boxing.
Don, It gave CV a head start on his vacation to Sleepyville... he's meeting up with his buddy Walter Sharpe.
btw paragraph breaks are easier here 👅
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

Post  Flip Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:54 am

Oracle wrote:Without CV we take a pounding like that?

Joe knows that CV will be the difference maker!

Ok, I put down the pipe, and I'm back to reality. Sure I missed the game due to a "Flea mating Special" on the discovery channel, but I can smell the stench all over the place.

They didn't stomp a mudhole in our arses, they stomped lake Michigan in there!

I believe I picked 18 wins this season, but now I'm looking like an optimist!

It's time for Joe to put down the doughnuts he's using for eyeglases, and get his vision and this team fixed!

What CLOWN looked at this squad and said it looks like a NBA team? Whoever that was, fire their arse tomorrow, this is UGLY!

LOL, I honestly felt like I was watching a D-League team (Pistons) being used as a scrimmage game for an NBA team (Pacers).

I didn't think it was possible to be worse than Kuester's team's, but this team is worse, much worse. I long for the days of Rip and T-Mac after watching this.

Ben Gordon should just be sent home for the year after this performance. I could see Frank reaching for the same clutches that Kuester used when he realized his team was overmatched - ride the vets.

Don't even get me started on Tayshaun. 6 pts in 34 min? Thats what we're paying $7 mil/yr for?

He honestly looked as if CV had overtaken his body. It was a CV-esque performance by the Palace Queen tonight, energy, effort, IQ, soft ass defense, everything screamed Charlie V. queen

It didnt hit me until tonight in a real game, but its just shocking that Joe actually brought back this whole shithole of a team, gave some of them raises, and the rest a $9 mil lockerroom upgrade!

These players all shouldve been traded, waived, or salaries reduced somehow after last season. Instead they rewarded all of them!

Aside from Jerebko, even his draft picks are looking shaky after tonight. JOE NEEDS TO GO!
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next