Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+5
deusXango
BallinD
cool breeze
Murph
Sparma
9 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Youth

Post  lemonpen Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:47 pm

Oracle wrote:Mini Rant:
I'm actually a bit upset with Casey about Blake because damn near everybody saw something was wrong with Blake after the all star break.

It called for load management or a good sit down with him to determine what was going on. It's water under the bridge now, but I just needed to get it off my chest.

Kennard starts and makes his case:
It's clear, at least to this poster, that we can't afford to keep Kennard out of the starting lineup next season. Here's how I would hope to see next year.

Starters: New starting big PG, Kennard, big SF(Siv?), Griffin, Drummond - There are 3 potential all stars in that lineup, if we move Kennard or Svi to the point, then Brown can get back into the starters because we'd have 4 other guys that will get into double digits.

Bench: Reggie(Ish),Brown/Thomas(yes, it's time), Ellington, Maker, Pachulia

A lot of this could and likely will change by preseason, but the thought and desires will remain the same.

We have a good team, but we need patience with the youngsters and the new ones we'll bring on. The Bucks didn't get to the top overnight and we shouldn't expect to either.
Honestly, I'm becoming so proud of our young guys (Luke, Brown, Thon, even Galloway). I don't think they have ever looked more like NBA quality players than last night. They were relentless and fearless, much in the image of their leader.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty 2nd quarter was the best Piston quarter that I have witnessed in 11 years

Post  cool breeze Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:31 am

I thought that Brown was the catalyst in the first quarter keeping Detroit in the game with incredible effort on defense, passing the ball, setting screens and just playing smart basketball. His energy was right up there with the Bucks.

The 2nd quarter showed that the the Pistons sometimes look like a real basketball team with some of the starters on the bench. Even though Maker still couldn't find his outside shot, I thought everything he did other than shooting the 3 point shot brought a lot of positives to his team in this quarter. He was always challenging shot attempts in the paint. He was setting screens and running fast from end to end. But Kennard was the guy who was leading the fight. He didn't take anything from anyone on defense or offense. Smith was also setting up teammates instead of looking for his own shot so much. Nice move by the coaching staff to reward Kennard with a starting position and then let him rest a bit before coming back with the 2nd unit guys to create that spark on offense. Galloway was also playing exceptionally hard. Great job Pistons! And the coaching staff obviously did a great job preparing the team.

The 3rd quarter reminded me of the Pistons of old who destroyed Dwight Howard in the playoffs when he was in his prime and playing for Orlando. I just do not like NBA teams that place all their money on big slow centers and make everything about them. The Bucks took advantage of the Pistons just like the Pistons took advantage of Orlando when SVG coached Orlando.Remember that SVG had a substandard point guard during that time too. Drummond made 3 turnovers early in the 3rd quarter. He was slow getting back on defense. The Bucks played denial defense on all 4 of Drummond's teammates when the Pistons were on offense forcing Drummond to handle the ball more and try to be a distributor. Did anyone notice how open the Bucks left AD. He was at times inside the paint about 7 or 8 feet from the basket with nobody in his face. AD has no offensive skill set to attempt a shot at that range. The Bucks looked fast. AD was dragging his feet and looked exhausted before 4 minutes had expired in the 3rd. Then Ish Smith came in and had a very difficult time. That was the other strategy for the Bucks. Allow Ish to try to create and isolate him with the ball and force him to take shots. He missed most of those shots which the Bucks expected him to do. The flow that was so beautiful to watch in the 2nd quarter was nonexistent for the rest of the game.

I actually see something in Thon Maker even though many fans are losing confidence in him. I think he is a really good athlete who just needs more experience, weight, and confidence in himself. He is young and exceptionally quick and fast for a guy over 7 feet tall. While Detroit lost an exceptional defender in Stanley Johnson I think maybe Maker will be that solid paint defender Detroit lacks as he gets more coaching and puts in the hard work.

The bottom line was that these Piston players showed courage and determination in the 2nd game of this series. Drummond was not horrible in this game. He is just not a really good basketball player yet and he is not in good enough physical condition to get to the next level. The Pistons as a team played their best basketball of the season in the first half. That is something to build on. But I would trade Andre Drummond this off season if the trade brings in one or two solid NBA players and a high draft pick.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Double - Double Machine

Post  lemonpen Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:20 am

The score was 111-94, with about 3 minutes left I was bored so took to scanning the stat sheet and something caught my eye.  With the exception of Brown everyone who played was minus in the +/- column.  BUT ………..............…

Dre had logged 35 minutes with a +/- of -33.  The next worst +/- was -16. Allow that to soak in for a minute.

For damn near 3 quarters we were outscored by a point per minute with him on the floor.   And that is the NET effect after taking into account his 15 pts, 15 boards, 2 ast, & 2 blk up to that point.

We only trailed by 17.

Doesn’t that suggest that we out played the Bucks by 16pts in the 10 minutes Dre was taking a blow.

To summarize:  With him we are outscored by a-point-a-minute,  Without him we outscore the Bucks by 1.6 points-per-minute.  

I’m no pro bball coach,  but a hint of a game 3 adjustment is kinda jumping off the stat sheet.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty We would have a solid chance to beat the Bucks if Griffin was healthy.

Post  Oracle Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:32 am

Mini Rant:
I'm actually a bit upset with Casey about Blake because damn near everybody saw something was wrong with Blake after the all star break.

It called for load management or a good sit down with him to determine what was going on. It's water under the bridge now, but I just needed to get it off my chest.

Kennard starts and makes his case:
It's clear, at least to this poster, that we can't afford to keep Kennard out of the starting lineup next season. Here's how I would hope to see next year.

Starters: New starting big PG, Kennard, big SF(Siv?), Griffin, Drummond - There are 3 potential all stars in that lineup, if we move Kennard or Svi to the point, then Brown can get back into the starters because we'd have 4 other guys that will get into double digits.

Bench: Reggie(Ish),Brown/Thomas(yes, it's time), Ellington, Maker, Pachulia

A lot of this could and likely will change by preseason, but the thought and desires will remain the same.

We have a good team, but we need patience with the youngsters and the new ones we'll bring on. The Bucks didn't get to the top overnight and we shouldn't expect to either.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty As somebody we know says...

Post  Oracle Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:12 pm

Don't look now, but... The Pistons lead at halftime!!!

BTW, putting a small man on their bigs is working decently, and we've bothered the Freak and Lopez. Bruce Brown is playing great defensively, and is really the slasher I want, he just doesn't have the green light to do it normally, but he's doing it now, unfortunately without much success(likely rust).

Kennard is doing his thing and Reggie is playing well.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  Oracle Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:28 pm

lemonpen wrote:Le Freak:
Not sure we have an answer to him.  1)  Dude is too mobile, long, strong and creative at getting near the rim.  2)  I don’t think we’re intelligent enough to execute a creative defensive scheme.  
What are the odds Dre’s brain fart bites us in the arse in the form of quick whistles for any type of contact.  We can slow him down and make others beat us, that's the Bucks weakness, after the freak, there aren't any other "special" players, but they do have a good amount of good players.

Win Probability:
Like anyone, I suppose we have a punchers chance if we convert a very high % of 3pt shots(Yup, our faces can inflict a lot of damage to their fists).  Our stubborn HC is gonna insist we keep firing.  Now would be a good time for his assertion that “they will fall” to hold water.  Lot’s of freakin water.  Even then we may require some assistance from the Bucks.  Human nature could cause them to be a bit over-confident. I don't get these guys, why would they have nerves, they have absolutely NOTHING to lose, they should be loose as hell, but instead they're tight... I don't get it.

Draft:  
1st round;  I don’t care “who”,  just bring a solid two-way player.  Let’s begin 2019-20 with an ability to play 5-on-5 at both ends of the floor.  No more 60-30 guys.
2nd round;  I want another kid who is capable of hitting jumpers in his sleep.  The next Rip Hamilton.  Someone who with a sliver of daylight effortlessly cans the shot.  Everyone else seems to have them.
Draft/Free Agency/Trades: There are 3 things I'm looking for, with the firm belief that we won't get a super star player. The first two are the most important, IMO.

1. I'm old fashioned, I also want a slasher capable of getting to the rim at will, getting the shot or the foul and can finish through contact. We simply don't have that player anymore, since Stackhouse and Hill moved on. We're using Blake for that, and that, IMO is the reason he's effective and that's also what keeps us in games when shots aren't dropping. I have this as #1 because you have to be able to win in multiple ways, and shooting 3's only works when they're falling.

2. I agree on the kid that can just plain shoot. Get one of those and add him to Luke & Svi and we hopefully have enough shooting up and down the lineup. However, the RIP comparison is the operative word, a deadly midrange shooter with a quick trigger and a dead eye! This easily could have been my #1, but I thought the need for a slasher was just a bit greater.

3. Another big man, and by that I mean a center. As Murph pointed out we do have Maker, but Maker, IMO, projects to be a poor man's Freak, not a center. Remember Freak didn't look this good early on, it took about 4 seasons and he got regular PT. Maker just needs time and being in the rotation. We need someone that will push Dre to further heights, he's never really had any competition, we need to make him uncomfortable, it's good for everybody.

If we can add these things, I believe the coaching staff can get a lot of mileage out of them. I'll say it again, this team is better than they look! The good teams have been playing together for a decent period of time(at least their core players)... almost all of them! Next year we'll get a bump from just the guys knowing each other if we can keep them together.

It's going to be hard because the Bulls are after Ish & Ellington, both unrestricted FA's. Obviously Ellington is the most attractive to them, but they do want Ish to push their young PG.

The offseason projects to be more interesting than the Pistons in the playoffs  lol lol lol
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Game Time!!

Post  lemonpen Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:47 pm

Le Freak:
Not sure we have an answer to him. 1) Dude is too mobile, long, strong and creative at getting near the rim. 2) I don’t think we’re intelligent enough to execute a creative defensive scheme.
What are the odds Dre’s brain fart bites us in the arse in the form of quick whistles for any type of contact.

Win Probability:
Like anyone, I suppose we have a punchers chance if we convert a very high % of 3pt shots. Our stubborn HC is gonna insist we keep firing. Now would be a good time for his assertion that “they will fall” to hold water. Lot’s of freakin water. Even then we may require some assistance from the Bucks. Human nature could cause them to be a bit over-confident.

Draft:
1st round; I don’t care “who”, just bring a solid two-way player. Let’s begin 2019-20 with an ability to play 5-on-5 at both ends of the floor. No more 60-30 guys.
2nd round; I want another kid who is capable of hitting jumpers in his sleep. The next Rip Hamilton. Someone who with a sliver of daylight effortlessly cans the shot. Everyone else seems to have them.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:53 am

Murph wrote:I agree with the other posters who say that we should put a smaller player on Giannis on the perimeter.  I would even go one step further.  Double team Giannis.  I would put Bruce Brown on Giannis on the perimeter, with Maker ready to pick him up in the paint if he drives by Brown.  And when Giannis is calling for the ball in the paint, front him with Brown and try to deny him the ball, with Maker behind.

Then put Drummond on Lopez, Robinson or Kennard on Middleton and Reggie on Bledsoe.  And let Sterling Brown beat us.  

Hey, we aren't going to win anyway, but maybe we can keep the deficit under 40.   lol

Don...Bol Bol is certainly an interesting pick.  He probably represents the best value at #15, if he can come back 100% from his foot injury.  He's 7'2 with a 7'5 wingspan, and he's a great outside shooter and shot blocker.  He a much more refined version of his father.  He's also a more refined version of Thon Maker.

But we already have Drummond and Maker.  I guess it's the classic "need vs the best player available" argument.  

Also, for those of you who want to blow up the team in slow motion and trade Drummond now, and wait for Griffin's contract to expire in 3 years, drafting Bol would be a good move.

Don...have you seen KZ Okpala play?  What do you think of him?  He might be a good pick if he falls to 15th.

Murph you have brought up another player in Okpala who could improve the Pistons roster. In case others didn't know, KZ is a high IQ player who qualified to attend Stanford. He has good size and can play two positions, SF - SG.. I doubt that he will be available where the Pistons are currently positioned in the draft. His weakness might be on the defensive end but he is a hard worker and could get better as he matures.

The Pistons need better athletes. Looking at some of the other teams in the playoffs, it becomes clear that the Pistons don't have enough high bigger high energy basketball players. That is why the Pistons can't score in the paint enough and also allow too many 2nd and 3rd chance opportunities along with an incredible amount of easy layups. Maybe Casey should change his style of play to keep the next game within a 20 point disadvantage. How about not pushing the ball, actually running a half court offense and shoot mid range shots at the end of the shot clock? The Pistons shouldn't be in the playoffs.

Is this team better than the Pistons team from last season? They appear to be weaker on the defensive end. I thought that with Moreland, the 2nd unit offered a better defense last season. The Eastern Conference became weaker this season as teams started rebuilding and positioning themselves for the next draft. The Pistons got a fantastic season out of Blake until his knee injury surfaced. HE was almost a one man team relating to the Piston's offense. His energy was spent there so the Pistons overall defense suffered relating to protecting the paint. The loss of Stanley Johnson did not help matters relating to preventing easy transition layups and easy paint points. The Pistons lived and died shooting low percentage 3 point shots and when Blake was not in the game, there was very little scoring in the painted area. The strategy was flawed and the roster is flawed. Piston fans need to think of what will come next season. This season is over. The Pistons still have contracts that they will not be able to move in my opinion. Langston Galloway and Jon Leuer cannot be moved. Reggie Jackson had a much improved season but his defense still is a liability and he will be difficult to move in a trade unless the Pistons take a similar type player.

Bruce Brown turned out to be a fantastic pick considering he was drafted in the 2nd round. But Brown is not an outstanding defender. He is not an outstanding offensive player either. But he might improve over the summer. Outside of Brown, the Pistons have no solid defenders on this team. The coach and front office decided that they did not need Stanley Johnson. I think it was poor judgement to remove him from this team. It seems that the only criteria that was considered was how much offense was provided by Johnson before he was traded. Well now we see that the Pistons do not belong in the playoffs not only because they have a horrible offense but also because there is really no player who can come in and stop hot scorers or provide help defense in the paint. Johnson provided help defense in the paint and somehow that was overlooked by Dwayne Casey who is an offensive minded guy who loves 3 point shots even if he doesn't have the players who can make enough of those shots. I always hear this stupid statement. The NBA game is changing. It is all about the 3 point shot now. Spread the floor etc. If the Pistons had Billups, Hamilton, both Rasheed and Ben Wallace along with Prince, the Pistons would be one of the top teams in the NBA not playing Casey's style. I see that Leonard thrives shooting that jump shot 5 feet from the basket. Nobody can prevent him from getting off that shot. I see that Luke Kennard can score at mid range also. I believe the overall strategy of Dwayne Casey's offensive plan based on who he has on this roster is dumb. It takes hard work to run a half court offense that features more mid range shots or shots closer to the basket. Meanwhile, the Pistons play an offense to feature Langston Galloway, Ish Smith, Reggie Jackson etc. SVG and D Casey use the same strategy and like the same type of players. Who could have guessed it? The owner loves what he has in this roster. That must be it.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Defending Giannis

Post  Murph Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:48 am

I agree with the other posters who say that we should put a smaller player on Giannis on the perimeter.  I would even go one step further.  Double team Giannis.  I would put Bruce Brown on Giannis on the perimeter, with Maker ready to pick him up in the paint if he drives by Brown.  And when Giannis is calling for the ball in the paint, front him with Brown and try to deny him the ball, with Maker behind.

Then put Drummond on Lopez, Robinson or Kennard on Middleton and Reggie on Bledsoe.  And let Sterling Brown beat us.  

Hey, we aren't going to win anyway, but maybe we can keep the deficit under 40.   lol

Don...Bol Bol is certainly an interesting pick.  He probably represents the best value at #15, if he can come back 100% from his foot injury.  He's 7'2 with a 7'5 wingspan, and he's a great outside shooter and shot blocker.  He a much more refined version of his father.  He's also a more refined version of Thon Maker.

But we already have Drummond and Maker.  I guess it's the classic "need vs the best player available" argument.  

Also, for those of you who want to blow up the team in slow motion and trade Drummond now, and wait for Griffin's contract to expire in 3 years, drafting Bol would be a good move.

Don...have you seen KZ Okpala play? What do you think of him? He might be a good pick if he falls to 15th.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty My pick in the 2019 NBA Draft for the Detroit Pistons is Bol Bol

Post  cool breeze Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:54 pm

This player might be the sleeper in this coming draft. He is listed way down below where the Pistons will pick. Maybe that will all change if he shows up for the Chicago Combine. Bol suffered a season ending injury before he hardly got started. But if he had played you can bet that he would be right up there in the top 5. He was one of the top targets of every college before he signed with Oregon. The Pistons need big men. Bol is supposed to be a really good shot blocker and all around player. It might be a gamble but to me this would be a smarter gamble than most of the players who will be available. Of course Detroit might make a major trade to move up but I hope such a trade will involve a top tier point guard, shooting guard or small forward. Then who knows what Blake's status will be next season being that his injury involves a bad knee. Only one current roster player can bring the Pistons a game changer type athlete. That guy is Andre Drummond.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:51 am

lemonpen wrote:Well, that wasn't as uncomfortable as I imagined it would be.  Maybe cause I watched in the company of a bowling alley full of non-believers.   Although, I bet it REALLY smarted for Mr. G, sitting all azz deep in opposing fans.   Very Happy  Very Happy   I hope the image of Dre smiling as he was tossed burns in Gores memory.  

Note to Big Ed:  Look for guys that understand enough about themselves and their own game to bring a consistently high level of play no matter the opponent.  You only have 1 and he's no good to you right now.  
I'll reserve judgement on Luke cause he showed some real fight and disgust for the situation.  Did it look like he was snapping at several teammates.  I don't imagine Luke has been on the business end of that size embarrassment very often.

Dre, Dre, Dre .......  first Embied, now Giannis.  Hope he didn't think that was Bad Boy behavior.  Kinda fitting that the incident was triggered by Andre being caught flat footed, again.

It isn't a series until someone looses at home.    Right?

The only way Piston management and his head coach will make significant change is for the Bucks to continue to make this series a horror show for all Piston fans. Who who actually watched closely didn't believe this would happen? While the Clippers came back against huge odds against Golden State nobody should believe this Piston team could do that given who is on the current roster. The Clippers have some really good athletes. The Pistons do not. I really believe that Dwayne Casey is playing the same politically correct game with the owner as SVG did. Tom Gores has had a long love affair going with Andre Drummond. Andre Drummond wanted management to keep Reggie Jackson and so on. Ish Smith was brought in as a crowd pleaser much like Will Bynum. This owner has not been serious about actually building a team that can compete with any of the top teams. Detroit made the playoffs. It was really close and nobody could call it when the team went on a 4 game losing streak at the most important time of the season. But with Blake hampered with injuries, the true team appeared which showed that they were among the worst players in the entire league with little or no hope of getting better. Yet the roster payroll is high. How could that be? Ever wonder who the trade deficit is $800 Billion and counting? That happened over a long period of time through corruption and bone head deals that a 6th grader who was not corrupt would make. Tom Gores is in the entertainment business who doesn't know that he doesn't know squat about how to build an NBA team. Dwayne Casey hasn't objected to the composition of the current roster. He didn't make any significant changes to what SVG did. Just make the owner happy and play Reggie Jackson, Ish Smith, Langston Galloway etc and anyone else who cannot play average defense. And don't forget, Casey tried like hell to make Jon Leuer into a rotation player earlier in the season. Instead of losing big to move up in the draft while possibly bringing in some G League players for a crack at playing time, Casey put the ball in Blake's hands until the obvious would occur. Blake's style of play is hard nosed in your face physical type play in the paint. He took the beating and earned his paycheck. Meanwhile, Luke Kennard was on the fringe for a good part of the season. At no time did the coach try him at point guard. I saw that good things happened relating to teamwork and play making when Luke had the ball at the top of the key. Yet the coach decided to feature Reggie and Ish.

I only go through this painful memory of Piston basketball because there might be a good chance that the owner will offer Ish Smith another bigger contract and keep the same roster in place for another go around. And the owner might decide to also write a new contract for Andre Drummond. The Pistons look like a team that doesn't fit the NBA. The players are not long and lean skilled offensive and defensive players who possess tons of energy and appear to enjoy expending energy. As the payroll is currently structured there is very little even the smarted GM could do to improve this team. But please Mr. Owner do not make things worse. The Pistons need a top two pick. This draft is not the strongest after the top 2 players are taken. The Pistons will get the scraps. Unlike the previous two years, there will not be the hidden gems in the 2nd round and where the Pistons draft in the first round is not promising. Maybe Murph is right. Perhaps the Pistons should gamble on a young player who may or may not develop into a rotation piece. Piston fans and management has shown zero patience in the past for young players. Henry Ellenson has had more playing time in his short tenure with NY than he had with years on the Piston roster. Piston management wouldn't even let him play in the G League very often.

This ass kicking is a direct reflection on the incompetence of the Piston ownership and the coaching staff for creating a fake team full of flaws instead of facing the problem head on and making hard decisions which of course would have meant the Pistons might have not made the 8th seed.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Going For Broke?

Post  Murph Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:06 am

First let me say, I really hate this kind of draft pick. Sekou Doumbouya is 18 years old, and has never played in the United States. He's 6'9, 230, and reported to be an outstanding athlete. But he's a complete crap shoot. He could turn into another Darko...or...he could be another Giannis.

It takes years to develop these kids. And by the time they do develop, the fan base grows tired of their mistakes. And in the meantime, we could draft a SF that could contribute right away.

But consider this. Giannis was drafted when he was 18. He was an unremarkable 6'8.5 and 196 lbs. He was taken at 15th overall. (We took KCP that year, 7 spots ahead of Giannis.) Since then, the Freak has grown 2.5 inches, put on 46 lbs of muscle, and has developed into arguably the best player in the NBA and this year's probable MVP.

On the outside shot that Doumbouya could continue to grow and develop into a poor man's Giannis, he might be worth the gamble.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty I Hate Christian Laettner

Post  Murph Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:14 am

Oracle wrote:

BTW, Go Nets!!!

That was a great interview.  I guess I already knew it, but that was really sickening to hear what Laettner said about Grant Hill's foot injury, and the pressure the Pistons put on Hill to play through it.

Ever since I watched that 30 For 30, "I Hate Christian Laettner", I have a new found appreciation for the guy.  I've gotten over my knee-jerk hatred of all things Duke, and can see that Laettner was a hard working, talented ballplayer.  He was also a well deserved HOFer based on him being a member of the 1992 Duke Championship Team and "the shot".

He's also become a very successful developer of Durham real estate, and is worth 10s of millions of dollars.

Andre Drummond needs to stay off Twitter.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Doc Rivers works Miracle & Gets Miracle

Post  Oracle Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:51 am

Largest comeback in playoff history(31 points down): Clippers beat GS

If that wasn't enough, before the game, this happened:
NBA wrote:Doc Rivers dropped $2,000 cash on the street in San Francisco earlier in the day - and offered a pregame ''shoutout'' to the man with the integrity to return the money.

''Kept walking, didn't know it. The guy tapped me on the back and said, `that's your money,''' Rivers shared. ''I don't know a lot of places that that would happen, but it happened today, so whoever that was he could have had free tickets if you hadn't ran away.''
I would have given him more than free tickets!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Breaking News

Post  Oracle Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:35 pm

Fire in France leaves millions of Humpbacks homeless, a refugee crisis is feared!

President Donald J. Trump has declared a complete and total shutdown of Humpbacks entering the United States until we know what the fuk is going on!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Lemon

Post  Oracle Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:50 pm

I'm hoping that his account was hacked, because if that's him tweeting, his career is over!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  lemonpen Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:27 pm

Oracle wrote:Here's what ESPN's Senior NBA Insider. NBA Countdown. SportsCenter. Host of The Woj Pod had to say about Drummond!
FORUM - Page 22 Untitl43
I wonder if this has something to do with Dre's Twitter feud with a local TV sports reporter. Started in the post game presser.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Interesting info about Grant Hill...

Post  Oracle Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:49 pm

BTW, Go Nets!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Wow, this is staggering!!!

Post  Oracle Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:54 pm

Here's what ESPN's Senior NBA Insider. NBA Countdown. SportsCenter. Host of The Woj Pod had to say about Drummond!
FORUM - Page 22 Untitl43
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty A Few Things

Post  BallinD Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:43 pm

1. No mo Blake. Period. Not worth it. Feel bad but we all saw it coming. If he’s here next year, Load Management.

2. So yeah, we had no shot (have no shot). Casey, try some things: press full court, put Bruce on Giannis pressure him try n force him to give the ball up b4 he gets into the paint, put the ball in Luke’s hands for more playmaking and get him the focking ball when he’s hot doofus (Weggie B. Weggie and Ish too)

2. Dre tried; he played hard, putting that old bugaboo to rest. But she-it, what was it, he bricked a half dozen bunnies, maybe just jitters, but Dude literally those are the only shots you can make, need to make em. Then you lost your head and later smirked, saying at least I got an early shower?

3. Can Playoff Luke be a thing vs Playoff Thon or maybe Playoff Thon can regain his mojo?

4. Go small ball in spurts with Khyri Luke Weggie Wayne n Dre. You cant stop or slow the no. 1 offense in the league with no guard defenders n no Wings.

5. Game of Thrones is back and even though the Pistons are playing in April, for the Stones, Winter Is Here!

BallinD
BallinD

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Reality Checking

Post  Oracle Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:32 pm

Reality Bites, but here's how I see it.

1. The Pistons aren't nearly as bad as they looked yesterday
2. The Bucks aren't as good as they looked either
3. There's a fight coming, no team takes a whooping like that and doesn't fight back(maybe game 3?)
4. There is a lot of blame for the coaching staff, and they'll be making a comeback

Our situation going forward is rough, but not dire. Once we get rid of Leuer, Galloway, GR3, Calderon and Reggie, we'll have some cap space to move.

We've got 
1. A #1 & #2 pick to work with
2. Possible trades
3. The MLE

Moving Drummond alone doesn't make sense to me. If you move Drummond, you may as well move Griffin and start a full rebuild, or with a haul like that, maybe you get enough young talent in return that the full rebuild is at least mostly started.

I'm still in awe of Doc Rivers who lost Griffin, CP3 and Jordan, Harris & others, and still made the playoff in the west. This is probably his best coaching job outside of winning it all in Boston.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Oh Yeah!!

Post  lemonpen Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:09 pm

Phil-Good wrote:Guys. IF we could some how steal Milwaukee PG, It would be A dream come true!

Also, Detroit has to find A way to dump Drummonds. I guarantee you, the Pistons do not want to give this guy A super max or even A regular Max contract. I believe we are getting his best years. It's time to jump ship here and now..

The Pistons need Wings and A big man who can shoot and BLOCK SHOTS Like the Kid in Indiana. Miles Turner...

Let me check and see how many draft picks the Pistons have. OK. One first and One second.

So now we need to see if Somebody will come off A late first or A second round pick.

Also. Luke Kennard game is TAYLOR MADE for playoff basketball. His half court game is PERFECT! I really like this kid. He should be starting. I love Bruce but he can't score and wont even look at the basket.

This first game was embarrassing. I'm looking forward to summer moves and the development of the Pistons young players.

Congrats Phil. You Da Man!!!!!
Ya think Ainge could work a sign & trade, Drum Drum for Kyrie. drunken drunken drunken
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Reality Check

Post  lemonpen Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:04 pm

Well, that wasn't as uncomfortable as I imagined it would be. Maybe cause I watched in the company of a bowling alley full of non-believers. Although, I bet it REALLY smarted for Mr. G, sitting all azz deep in opposing fans. Very Happy Very Happy I hope the image of Dre smiling as he was tossed burns in Gores memory.

Note to Big Ed: Look for guys that understand enough about themselves and their own game to bring a consistently high level of play no matter the opponent. You only have 1 and he's no good to you right now.
I'll reserve judgement on Luke cause he showed some real fight and disgust for the situation. Did it look like he was snapping at several teammates. I don't imagine Luke has been on the business end of that size embarrassment very often.

Dre, Dre, Dre ....... first Embied, now Giannis. Hope he didn't think that was Bad Boy behavior. Kinda fitting that the incident was triggered by Andre being caught flat footed, again.

It isn't a series until someone looses at home. Right?

lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Life After Griffin

Post  Murph Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:08 pm

I have a couple of observations from last night's debacle.  First, Giannis is only 24.  If he dominates the league like this for the next 6 - 8 years, it doesn't matter what we do, we're never going to catch Milwaukee.  The best we can hope for is a  2nd, 3rd or 4th seed in the East.

Second, I think the Pistons are going to have to limit Griffin's minutes next year.  Even if he comes back from his knee injury 100%, there is no way he can play 35 mpg again next year at the age of 30.  He needs to play more like 28 mpg, and maybe more in the playoffs, if the Pistons make it again.

Maker is going to have to develop into a serviceable back-up PF for 20 mpg.  He needs to work on his defense and shot blocking.  Ideally, Maker can develop into the rim protector we need.

Also, the Pistons are also going to have to develop some kind of an offense that doesn't rely solely on Griffin.  If Griffin's minutes are limited, the offense cannot be run through him almost all of the time.

Stephanski and Casey have their work cut out for them.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Milwaukee PG would be A dream steal.

Post  Phil-Good Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:32 am

Guys. IF we could some how steal Milwaukee PG, It would be A dream come true!

Also, Detroit has to find A way to dump Drummonds. I guarantee you, the Pistons do not want to give this guy A super max or even A regular Max contract. I believe we are getting his best years. It's time to jump ship here and now..

The Pistons need Wings and A big man who can shoot and BLOCK SHOTS Like the Kid in Indiana. Miles Turner...

Let me check and see how many draft picks the Pistons have. OK. One first and One second.

So now we need to see if Somebody will come off A late first or A second round pick.

Also. Luke Kennard game is TAYLOR MADE for playoff basketball. His half court game is PERFECT! I really like this kid. He should be starting. I love Bruce but he can't score and wont even look at the basket.

This first game was embarrassing. I'm looking forward to summer moves and the development of the Pistons young players.
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next