Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+10
Sebastian
Sparma
cool breeze
Sissy1946
Go Stones!
Fennis Dembo
Phil-Good
FlyDog
lemonpen
WTF
14 posters

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 25 Empty The jury is right here...

Post  Oracle Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:56 pm

Sparma, I hear what you're saying, but I'm just not one of those guys!

I don't judge moves like this on the back end and use that to color the entire move. The move is either good or bad... judged on its own when it's made.

1. The biggest thing I would question on the front end would be the picks, but looking at our track record and other teams, 2nd round picks have mixed success and value, but if the draft is deep, they could have value. However, the success of low first round picks is bad enough, so I feel comfortable saying the 2 2nd round picks are mostly a non-factor!

2. Giving up Singler & DJ was rough, but Singler's production is trivially replaceable, his intangibles, not as much, but the system adapts. DJ was valuable as a starter in the system, as a backup, he's readily replaceable, his numbers as a backup weren't that great.

3. Neither Singler or DJ moves the needle for this year or the future, they just don't have that ability.

4. Having said that, Singler & DJ are VERY valuable pieces, and adding in the picks... that's a LOT!!!

So why does SVG give up so much?

1. I ask you, where do you find a dynamic game changing point guard? For us, ONLY in the draft, and only if we're lucky enough to draft high enough and that type of guard is even on the board, or worse, possibly not in the draft... in short, it isn't likely to happen, and even if it did, we wouldn't know for awhile.

2. Was it even likely that we trade in the summer for that level of guard, or pickup one as a FA? Who's available? Nobody that wouldn't cost half the team!

This is the light in which I make the decision on this trade. It was an amazingly smart move and damn the risks, you bet on yourself! I like it because it's what I would have done!

SVG believes that given the talent, he can mold the raw talent into great talent. I believe he can as well, and even if it fails, this is the type of risk that we should be taking, and the type of risk worth making. I also believe that the talent is there, a level of talent that we would be hard to find any other way, and that's the biggest point!

And how risky is it anyway? IMO, the rewards FAR outweigh the risk! If SVG succeeds, we have our backcourt of the future, if it fails, we brown nose Jennings, and we're no worse for swinging for the fences.

That is unless you think the picks, Singler & DJ are irreplaceable...

Lastly, forget what you hear, and focus on what you can see. You're judging reports by what people say, and NOT by what they do!

You look at the fact that he turned down a 4 year 48M offer! Yes that's true, but that's not what I see! What I see is not that he turned it down, but that they OFFERED IT!

You don't make that offer to someone you feel is a drag to your team, they wanted him! The rest is spurned lover stuff, and SVG sees beyond that!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 25 Empty The Pistons starting unit pushes the basketball and now with Dinwiddie the 2nd unit looks good playing in the half court

Post  cool breeze Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:47 pm

I like this change of pace of showing it down some and featuring play making from several players in the half court with Spencer in charge of the offense. He has the ability to get the team playing at a nice tempo. He doesn't rush and limits the turnovers. Usually the 2nd unit is getting a shot off and it usually is a good shot. Lucas pushes the basketball. But in the last game, he committed turnovers and other players made mistakes and shot selection sucked. This is nothing we haven't seen before especially when Josh Smith was with the team. Coach Van Gundy was determined to push the basketball with both units when Smith was here. Quick shots were the norm with the 2nd unit. Depression set in because our Pistons were playing defense most of the time. So was the failure of the team all Josh Smith's fault this season? Or was it bad strategy considering who was playing for the Pistons at the time? Maybe it was a little of both but pushing the basketball is not necessarily a good fit when Monroe is playing with the 2nd unit now. What seems to be working well is the change of pace Dinwiddie is offering. I hope like hell that Stan Van Gundy has figured that out. As the game progressing NBA players get tired and hate to play defense for an entire 24 second shot clock over a long span of time. NBA players count on the other team making unforced errors so they can get back on offense. It hurts to bend the knees in the crouch position. I am loving the higher IQ point guard Spencer Dinwiddie doing his thing settling down his team and making sure his teammates have the right floor spacing before he gets the offense going in the half court. Notice that he is not playing like a mad man dribbling fast from side to side. No Spencer knows floor spacing well so please Mr. Van Gundy embrace this style because it works. If Monroe doesn't sign and we end up with an All Star highly athletic defensive minded power forward who can shoot it from distance, then play differently but it looks to me that especially in this last game against some good defensive players, the Pistons played more consistently well playing in the half court with Spencer Dinwiddie. Players were setting screens and cutting hard without the basketball thinking that perhaps they might receive a pass before the point guard shoots the damn basketball.

For me the jury is out relating to Jackson. In the article to the right of the Forum suggesting Jackson has All Star potential bothers me because they compared him to Eric Bledsoe from Phoenix. Watching Bledsoe last night showed that he is a very selfish player shooting low percentage shots with other players open. His defense was also below average. I noticed this article suggested that Jackson was not a good defender when he played for the Thunder. I was surprised at that evaluation but I wasn't impressed with his defense in the game against Washington.

Meanwhile, so far Dinwiddie does one thing really well on defense. He is really good at staying in front of his man. He did that especially well against Rose. Jackson is extremely athletic which should make him a superior defender considering his wing span. If he signs a huge contract, does he have it in him to become a force for this team on defense? Watching Brandon Knight last night, I could not take my eyes off him on the defensive end. He is so smart and determined. There is no doubt Knight will continue to rise to the top. He is willing to do anything to get there but now is playing with Bledsoe who seems to only be interested in Bledsoe. I hope Jackson gets it and knows his weak areas and will work like hell to improve and try to be the best he can be. Meanwhile I. Thomas, who now plays for Boston, is making that team look like a playoff team. Boston has some players now who play really hard so that team is in the fight for a playoff spot just like our Pistons. The Pistons size might be too much for the Celtics in their next match up if our bigs show up. Go Pistons!

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 25 Empty Where's that jury?

Post  Sparma Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:50 pm

Thanks for your responses, Oracle.

If I were just going by what happened from the end of the second half forward against Washington, I'd declare definitively that the Jackson trade's been a smashing success. We've acquired a talented, dynamic, young guard who could anchor our backcourt for years to come.

I've become optimistic about the trade, but I do have some lingering reservations.

a) we gave up a lot. Augustin and Singler have their limits, but they're both valuable play-the-right-way guys. Two second round picks could turn out to be valuable (Jackson himself was initially projected as a second rounder). It looks worth it at this point to give up that much, but I need longer, even years, before making a final assessment.

b) Jackson could leave (although it's unlikely he'd pull a Monroe and sign the q.o.) If he leaves after next year, having signed the q.o., it'd turn out to have been a bad trade.

c) If he stays, he'll be expensive, maybe even too expensive for what he delivers. He turned down OKC's offer of 48 mil for 4 years, right? So he'll be looking for more. If we sign him to a near max deal (an idea that I've seen floated), I'll be worried. Does he have enough of a track record to deserve that? Is he going to be good enough to warrant a huge contract?

d) I'm worried about some reports concerning Jackson in OKC. I read that teammates got mad because he'd consistently hold the ball at the end of quarter instead of hoisting the long ball. A little thing, but a case of putting individual shooting % over a possible benefit to the team. Did he rankle Durant, who's a pretty easytoint guy? Not a good sign. I saw numbers that his drives to the basket declined in OKC as he put up more jumpers, something he's not so good at, but a strategy that perserved his body.

In all, I'm guardedly optimistic.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 25 Empty Well said!

Post  Oracle Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:35 am

Sparma wrote:Jackson was impressive from the end of the 2nd quarter forward (and memorable before that).  What I liked best is his ability to go up the middle, whether via penetration or by getting it to the bigs (the long lob to Drummond was a beauty).  Someone says that he sees things, and it did seem that way.  Going up the middle in order to open up the side seems to be SVG's way (Jennings and Augustin both did a nice job with that).  Maybe he got his man. - They're calling SVG the PG Whisperer

The jury's still out on the trade, but I like SVG's swinging for the fences.  Outside of the major markets that's something you need to do from time to time. - For me, the jury is in! This was an amazing move, netting us a PG that would have been very difficult to get any other way! We have an embarrassment of riches, lacking only in experience in the core, and shoring up a few missing pieces. The ages of the players point to real contenders in 1-2 years, and true threats in about 3 years if costs and the core stays together.

I like Dinwiddie as passer; I still need to be convinced he has the necessary explosiveness to excel in the NBA. - Everything looks good except for enough explosiveness to be effective. I'm hoping that he's still adjusting to NBA speed, and also lacking NBA level strength at this point, but what I've seen I really like. Can he be more than a quality backup? That's why we play the games!

I'm beginning to like the team's future if Monroe can be convinced to stay, at a non-team sinking salary.  Looks like we've got a young, promising, dynamic, backcourt with size alongside two of the best young big men in the game.  I'm beginning to feel like Monroe might have good reason to stay.

And Sparma, that's what I'm talking about!!!

IMO, we've got a lot of options in the backcourt! Does Jennings come back and do we keep him? I think we could make things work, but even failing that, the sheer size of having Jackson & Dinwiddie is a strong hedge to the length the Bucks will have with MCW, but I like Jackson better because you can't teach freak athleticism, and this kid has it!

I also love the Drummond/Monroe frontcourt, we do have the best young big men in the game, not individually, but together, I can't think of two young bigs better than ours! I just can't wait to see them in 3-4 years, it would be awesome if Monroe stays.

I still don't think the odds are in favor of Monroe staying, and I do believe we can do what we need without him, but my preference is to keep him, but only if the numbers are right!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 25 Empty Sorry DX...

Post  Oracle Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:24 am

I thought you didn't see the game because you made 3 posts after the game and never mentioned the game in any of them.

Then in your 4th post, over 3 hours later, you do mention box score stuff, but nothing about the game other than that.

But I guess posts are misleading since you did see the game, so sorry!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 25 Empty Washington

Post  Sparma Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:44 am

Jackson was impressive from the end of the 2nd quarter forward (and memorable before that). What I liked best is his ability to go up the middle, whether via penetration or by getting it to the bigs (the long lob to Drummond was a beauty). Someone says that he sees things, and it did seem that way. Going up the middle in order to open up the side seems to be SVG's way (Jennings and Augustin both did a nice job with that). Maybe he got his man.

The jury's still out on the trade, but I like SVG's swinging for the fences. Outside of the major markets that's something you need to do from time to time.

I like Dinwiddie as passer; I still need to be convinced he has the necessary explosiveness to excel in the NBA.

I'm beginning to like the team's future if Monroe can be convinced to stay, at a non-team sinking salary. Looks like we've got a young, promising, dynamic, backcourt with size alongside two of the best young big men in the game. I'm beginning to feel like Monroe might have good reason to stay.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 25 Empty @Don

Post  WTF Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:51 pm

cool breeze wrote:SB NATION:Detroit Bad Boys smear our former players planting nonsense about both Augustin and Singler. I watched both games they played for the Thunder and the fans and announcers are so happy and thankful their management made the trades that have really improved their team. With all the players traded before the deadline, it was Singler and Augustin who showed up quickly and played right away with jet lag. Notice that Prince hasn't played yet and Jackson played his first game yesterday. The Thunder announcers were repeating what Thunder fans are saying. With Durant injured, they had no real small forward. Singler stepped in and played his usual game that Piston fans never seemed to appreciate. But the Thunder fans do like his game. Their first game was away at Charlotte and the Thunder wouldn't have won that game without Singler and Augustin. Then they play before the home fans where there are no empty seats and both Singler and Augustin were clearly excited. Kyle was 3 for 3 in the first half but his defense and floor game on offense relating to passing the basketball and setting hard screens in the paint to clear space was impressive. Meanwhile Augustin made some great shots in crunch time in his first game experience with the Thunder. The announcers kept saying in both games that it is refreshing to see how all three new players have helped to create a spirit of unselfishness. They commented on how the defense looks so much better with our former players and the new big man from Utah. It will be fun to watch our former players in the playoffs. Hopefully Durant will be able to play when that time arrives. My question is why did the writer of this article have a need to tell lies about Augustin and Singler? There is evil even in basketball.

What are the heads in OKC suppose to say? Oh we screwed up! No they're going to sell the BS just like the Detroit rags do here. Keep in mind they were just happy to see Reggie gone so they'll all kinds of positive BS about Singler and Augustin.

Now I do agree which is why I'm always blasting these local rags and dumb ass announcers (Greg and George) especially they'll sh!t on an ice cream cone to an toddler just to be company men and hype a Detroit Pistons player. I don't like that they're even discussing Singler or Augustin and it more of that Karma issue. Jackson liable to break his freaking leg Tuesday so they need to stop.

Really more times than not I turn the freaking volume down when watching games o I don't have to here those ass with the exception of Grant Long who IMO doesn't hype and remind me of will Laimbeer use to announce games.

I didn't care for Singler but I'm happy his somewhere oppose to nowhere, but there no need to bash players or smear players after they're gone. I hope like hell Moose is gone after this season but once he's gone I won't give a crap about how lazy I thought he was in uniform with us.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 25 Empty DX, you missed a good game?

Post  deusXango Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:07 am

Oracle wrote:You really had to see how well they played to appreciate this win.
What suggested to you that I missed the game? How could I call it "unexpected, albeit, great win" without seeing it?

KCP took top honors, but Monroe & Drummond were big as well.
Do you recall me saying to Wise that yesterday was a bad time to criticize KCP for being one of Joe's lottery picks? Big boys are supposed to be big.

I also thought Dinwiddie was GREAT without scoring a point, he can really run the offense well!
True, but he didn't start and I'm keeping track of our two positions of concern (starting PG and SF) not every player on the team.

Jackson has a LONG way to go! He ran the offense only ok, he wasn't great playing off of Drummond and he was hot dogging near the end of the game, but what we saw was a player with all the tools to get to a level that Augustin will never reach, and that Jennings just doesn't have the size to duplicate.
How long has Jackson been on the Pistons roster and what's to reasonably be expected of him in that time? I thought he did great as a starter, coming in 55 games deep into the season!

In short, the kid is big, strong, confident, and very aggressive!

SVG is going to have to work on him a lot, but the finished product should be something really worth the wait!

I know we're in a playoff race right now, but I can see that by next year, if we can keep the core pieces intact, and add good pieces, we could be good enough to be top 3-4 in the east.

One thing I've noticed about this team is the new level of mental toughness! It's not to Larry Brown mental toughness levels, but they're a work in progress.

We used to fold once a team made a run on us, now, it just pisses them off and they come back swinging!
True and on point observations.

I NEVER doubted SVG the coach, but I had plenty of doubts about SVG the GM, but even those are going away!
Truth be told Oracle, I had doubts about Van Gundy the GM as well, based on his FA signings, but he's done more in rebuilding the team (in his first year, by the trade deadline) than Joe did in his last 5-7 years as president and GM. I'm very satisfied with where we are right now.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 25 Empty Bogus article "Kyle Singler, DJ Augustin Unspectacular With Thunder So Far"

Post  cool breeze Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:56 am

SB NATION:Detroit Bad Boys smear our former players planting nonsense about both Augustin and Singler. I watched both games they played for the Thunder and the fans and announcers are so happy and thankful their management made the trades that have really improved their team. With all the players traded before the deadline, it was Singler and Augustin who showed up quickly and played right away with jet lag. Notice that Prince hasn't played yet and Jackson played his first game yesterday. The Thunder announcers were repeating what Thunder fans are saying. With Durant injured, they had no real small forward. Singler stepped in and played his usual game that Piston fans never seemed to appreciate. But the Thunder fans do like his game. Their first game was away at Charlotte and the Thunder wouldn't have won that game without Singler and Augustin. Then they play before the home fans where there are no empty seats and both Singler and Augustin were clearly excited. Kyle was 3 for 3 in the first half but his defense and floor game on offense relating to passing the basketball and setting hard screens in the paint to clear space was impressive. Meanwhile Augustin made some great shots in crunch time in his first game experience with the Thunder. The announcers kept saying in both games that it is refreshing to see how all three new players have helped to create a spirit of unselfishness. They commented on how the defense looks so much better with our former players and the new big man from Utah. It will be fun to watch our former players in the playoffs. Hopefully Durant will be able to play when that time arrives. My question is why did the writer of this article have a need to tell lies about Augustin and Singler? There is evil even in basketball.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 25 Empty DX, you missed a good game!

Post  Oracle Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:15 am

You really had to see how well they played to appreciate this win.

KCP took top honors, but Monroe & Drummond were big as well.

I also thought Dinwiddie was GREAT without scoring a point, he can really run the offense well!

Jackson has a LONG way to go! He ran the offense only ok, he wasn't great playing off of Drummond and he was hot dogging near the end of the game, but what we saw was a player with all the tools to get to a level that Augustin will never reach, and that Jennings just doesn't have the size to duplicate.

In short, the kid is big, strong, confident, and very aggressive!

SVG is going to have to work on him a lot, but the finished product should be something really worth the wait!

I know we're in a playoff race right now, but I can see that by next year, if we can keep the core pieces intact, and add good pieces, we could be good enough to be top 3-4 in the east.

One thing I've noticed about this team is the new level of mental toughness! It's not to Larry Brown mental toughness levels, but they're a work in progress.

We used to fold once a team made a run on us, now, it just pisses them off and they come back swinging!

I NEVER doubted SVG the coach, but I had plenty of doubts about SVG the GM, but even those are going away!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 25 Empty Game #2 after deadline

Post  deusXango Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:53 am

Another unexpected, albeit, great win over a divisional leader.

PG: Jackson gets his first start and nets 17 points, with 5 assists, and 5 boards; impressive!
SF: Butler continues to display his up & down game by scoring the standard 7 points, in 22 minutes. The good news is, he took 3 shots and went
             1-2 from the 3pt line, which makes him a 50% 3pt shooter. This is what we expect from our starting SF.

Great win, coupled with some important loses by 8th seed competitors has me a happy camper.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 25 Empty Michael Jackson to Reggie Jackson

Post  Oracle Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:02 pm

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 25 Empty Fans to Jackson: You are not alone....

Post  Oracle Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:01 pm

FORUM - Page 25 Family_guy_barfing
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 25 Empty A tip of the hat

Post  deusXango Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:24 pm

Sebastian, your boy, Rodney Norvell Stuckey, had back-to-back 30 point games for Indy! He's beginning to do great things for himself and I'm glad to see that. tb
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 25 Empty Late To The Party

Post  FlyDog Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:53 pm

Been in Orlando for the last several days. Just wanted to lend my full endorsement to SVG regarding his handling and reshaping of our roster. And as far as his coaching, this 18-10 stretch has been very impressive. I really like the direction that the Pistons are heading. Finally.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 25 Empty Old school to the bone

Post  deusXango Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:45 pm

"We must be old. "Chafe From Wheat" is the same term I used when expressing my description of the SVG process."-Lemon Pen
Great minds think alike...Ooops, there goes another "old school" cliche. lol
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 25 Empty My bad.

Post  deusXango Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:33 pm

WISEFAN wrote:
deusXango wrote:
Oracle wrote:And the NEW starting SF for the OKC Thunder is... drumroll ... Kyle Singler!!! Singler started and put up his usual numbers and they won!
Hurray! I'm going to keep watching.  Shocked

DX, they got the story wrong, there's no conundrum about Jennings, the problem is what SVG is saying and the way he's saying it. Jennings is trying to rehab, both physically and mentally, and it can't help to see SVG throw his ass under the bus as he brown noses Jackson!

SVG basically said Jackson is the future and here are the keys, and oh yeah, who is that dude named Jennings that turned us around? No loyalty & pretty cold by most measures!
Rock and a hard place is a better description of what's going on with SVG and the PG situation. Now can you see why I always questioned his fairness?

Lastly, I've never seen a turnover of players this big, and it's frightening!
Oracle don't be frightened; the turnover is to balance an unbalanced roster, and separate the chafe from the wheat, so to speak. There's only two of Joe's players left, Andre and the Moose, and they're on shaky ground.
In all honesty, I never heard Jennings express as much excitement or gratitude for being given a chance by Pistons, as Jackson has, at any point of his stay here....Jackson's just gotten here and hasn't played his first game or drawn his first over inflated pay check, but he's excited. It sounds to me like the end of selfish ball, but I'll have to wait and see.

KCP is Joe's guy,  KCP is on that same shaky ground.   What gets me is how a #8 pick is constantly forgotten I mean really what a wasted pick that he goes so un-notice so often.  I think I responded to several post in the past few days reminding some on the he was a lottery selection and now DX you forgotten him as one of Joe's picks.  
To be honest, i really did forget that Joe drafted KCP, however this was a bad day to be criticizing #8. I wanted/expected Joe to draft Burke also, but since that ship has sailed and I've watched KCP play, he's an ironman, ball of energy, who'll get better as time goes on; Burke seems to be at a standstill in his development. In Joe's last demented days, he managed to make some sound lottery picks in Monroe, Drummond, and KCP...Knight was not a terrible pick, but he was a terrible trade made by Joe.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 25 Empty HUGE WIN!!!

Post  Oracle Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:02 pm

The Wizards NEEDED this win, but so did we, and we simply took it from them in the 2nd half!

Dinwiddie didn't score a point, but he STILL played one hell of a game with his calming influence and 7 assists! Hell, Curry used to put up Zero's all the time, and I almost could never say the same for him!

KCP just blew up, but I hope he isn't hurt too bad!

Smartly Drummond wasn't in there for them to pull a hack a Dre!

And the big news, the news that brought out Gores, Dave Bing and others was the debut of Reggie Jackson!

As debut's go, this one got of to a super rocky start, and trust me, it wasn't looking good for Reggie or SVG! Flash forward to 2 minutes left in the 1st half, and Reggie erupts!

It continued over into the 2nd half where he showed what we can look forward to and more once he's fully integrated... short analysis... I was IMPRESSED!

But here's something I didn't know! I saw him standing next to Dinwiddie, and the height difference wasn't that much. Noticeable, but not a lot. Then I saw him standing next to KCP, and it was a lot closer!!!

Folks, this kid is a legit 6'3, and may be 6'4!

BTW, if you haven't seen him speak in an interview, he's good! I can see why SVG loves him, I've loved this move from day one... sure is a lot better than picking up Norris Cole!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 25 Empty Reggie Jackson...

Post  Oracle Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:00 pm

When he went down and couldn't breath, I must have ate 10 Hungry Howie 4 packs by myself lol

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 25 Empty Yep

Post  lemonpen Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:50 pm

WISEFAN wrote:
deusXango wrote:
Oracle wrote:And the NEW starting SF for the OKC Thunder is... drumroll ... Kyle Singler!!! Singler started and put up his usual numbers and they won!

DX, they got the story wrong, there's no conundrum about Jennings, the problem is what SVG is saying and the way he's saying it. Jennings is trying to rehab, both physically and mentally, and it can't help to see SVG throw his ass under the bus as he brown noses Jackson!

SVG basically said Jackson is the future and here are the keys, and oh yeah, who is that dude named Jennings that turned us around? No loyalty & pretty cold by most measures!
Rock and a hard place is a better description of what's going on with SVG and the PG situation. Now can you see why I always questioned his fairness?

Oracle don't be frightened; the turnover is to balance an unbalanced roster, and separate the chafe from the wheat, so to speak. There's only two of Joe's players left, Andre and the Moose, and they're on shaky ground.
In all honesty, I never heard Jennings express as much excitement or gratitude for being given a chance by Pistons, as Jackson has, at any point of his stay here....Jackson's just gotten here and hasn't played his first game or drawn his first over inflated pay check, but he's excited. It sounds to me like the end of selfish ball, but I'll have to wait and see.

KCP is Joe's guy,  KCP is on that same shaky ground.   What gets me is how a #8 pick is constantly forgotten I mean really what a wasted pick that he goes so un-notice so often.  I think I responded to several post in the past few days reminding some on the he was a lottery selection and now DX you forgotten him as one of Joe's picks.  

We must be old. "Chafe From Wheat" is the same term I used when expressing my description of the SVG process.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 25 Empty Wise

Post  lemonpen Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:45 pm

WISEFAN wrote:
lemonpen wrote:
WISEFAN wrote:
lemonpen wrote:
WISEFAN wrote:I'm guessing but I think Prince and Jackson can help carry the team into the playoffs.  SVG can actually do with Prince what he was trying to do with Josh  and run the offense through him.  This adds another option to the offense and might prove effective in the long run if they make the playoffs.  

It could have been the Bulls were a little out of sync last night I'm sure what really happen but they won the game and Dinwiddie didn't crumble at crunch very impressed.  

The other thing is Butler should have been starting all along as I suggested at the start of the season.  IMO he was always the better option to give 30 minutes to.  Prince won't have an issue coming off the bench I just think Butler could never adjust to limited minutes.

Derrick Rose answers questions about commitment after missing practice and an awful performance Friday

There is growing concern in the house that MJ built. How so lemonpen?

This isn't even news worthy and this is why I hate the media so much because they make mole hills into mountains on the least relevant sh!t.  I kinda of wish Rose would have responded ala Iverson "Practice, Practice we talking about Practice"  It does sound like a lack of commitment Rose took a risk of flying in the same day of practice and as luck would have it a flight delay.  Stuff happens.   The media needs to take that same micro-scope they use to dissect athletes and stick it up their arse facepalm

The tone of his coach and teammates indicate underlying concern.

Sounded more like irritation and a struggle for political correctness to have to address the dumb concerns of the media.   I'm didn't gather underline tone other than why in the hell are we addressing this dumb issue and that's what I gather from the coaches and players responses including Rose.  Again this is where I have an issue now with the media and fan involvement passing judgment on athletes, political figures to a degree and on entertainers.  This is team issue to be handle in whatever way deemed necessary.  Please tell me lemonpen you have not falling into the trappings of the media eagerly looking for something troubling to be amidst?  You're old school you know better.  

I'm willing to bet that across the league there was a sizable handful of players that were either late or missed practice all together but because Rose is the star it suppose to be news worthy.   I'm sure MJ missed a practice and no one was bitching about it or some conspiracy looming.  This is why I'm glad KD said what he said and hate that he sort of apologized for it.  

The media has created nothing. Wise, you must have forgotten that Rose brought this on himself by requesting nights off because he didn't want to risk being a gimp when attending his kids functions later in life. Each incident only raises their concern.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 25 Empty Why Does This Guy Gets Omitted So Often

Post  WTF Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:06 pm

deusXango wrote:

KCP is Joe's guy, KCP is on that same shaky ground. What gets me is how a #8 pick is constantly forgotten I mean really what a wasted pick that he goes so un-notice so often. I think I responded to several post in the past few days reminding some on the he was a lottery selection and now DX you forgotten him as one of Joe's picks.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 25 Empty OMG lemonpen

Post  WTF Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:01 pm

lemonpen wrote:
WISEFAN wrote:
lemonpen wrote:
WISEFAN wrote:I'm guessing but I think Prince and Jackson can help carry the team into the playoffs.  SVG can actually do with Prince what he was trying to do with Josh  and run the offense through him.  This adds another option to the offense and might prove effective in the long run if they make the playoffs.  

It could have been the Bulls were a little out of sync last night I'm sure what really happen but they won the game and Dinwiddie didn't crumble at crunch very impressed.  

The other thing is Butler should have been starting all along as I suggested at the start of the season.  IMO he was always the better option to give 30 minutes to.  Prince won't have an issue coming off the bench I just think Butler could never adjust to limited minutes.

Derrick Rose answers questions about commitment after missing practice and an awful performance Friday

This isn't even news worthy and this is why I hate the media so much because they make mole hills into mountains on the least relevant sh!t.  I kinda of wish Rose would have responded ala Iverson "Practice, Practice we talking about Practice"  It does sound like a lack of commitment Rose took a risk of flying in the same day of practice and as luck would have it a flight delay.  Stuff happens.   The media needs to take that same micro-scope they use to dissect athletes and stick it up their arse facepalm

Sounded more like irritation and a struggle for political correctness to have to address the dumb concerns of the media. I'm didn't gather underline tone other than why in the hell are we addressing this dumb issue and that's what I gather from the coaches and players responses including Rose. Again this is where I have an issue now with the media and fan involvement passing judgment on athletes, political figures to a degree and on entertainers. This is team issue to be handle in whatever way deemed necessary. Please tell me lemonpen you have not falling into the trappings of the media eagerly looking for something troubling to be amidst? You're old school you know better.

I'm willing to bet that across the league there was a sizable handful of players that were either late or missed practice all together but because Rose is the star it suppose to be news worthy. I'm sure MJ missed a practice and no one was bitching about it or some conspiracy looming. This is why I'm glad KD said what he said and hate that he sort of apologized for it.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 25 Empty The stuff out of the stuff

Post  deusXango Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:36 pm

Hurray! I'm going to keep watching. Shocked

deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 25 Empty rose

Post  lemonpen Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:06 pm

WISEFAN wrote:
lemonpen wrote:

lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 25 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next