FORUM

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Glue guy?

Post  Sparma on Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:59 pm

My support for Singler has waned as I've come to doubt whether he's good enough at things he does well, like shooting and positional defense, to justify him getting many minutes.

I do see him as a glue guy though, Wise. This can mean many things. What I'll highlight is that he moves exceptionally well without the ball. That's a crucial "glue" factor in a league in which so many are in love with the ball and need to command it to play well.

Earlier in the year, the stats showed (as I remember) that Singler's percentage of scoring inside had gone way down compared with his rookie season, in which he scored about half his points inside and the other with outside shooting.

A glue guy like Singler helps the system work -- someone needs to be running into open spaces -- but is also unusually dependent on the system functioning right -- someone needs to consistently get him the ball in the right place and at the right time. He provides real value with his inside cuts, but he's not getting the ball like he did early in his career (at least, that's what the figures showed, pretty dramatically, earlier in the season).
avatar
Sparma

Posts : 1071
Join date : 2011-12-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Adrien Peterson

Post  deusXango on Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:29 am

"The thought of playing their former team twice a year is often highly appealing to high-profile NFL free agents, and signing with the Lions would do this for Peterson. The Lions will be right up against the salary cap but will undoubtedly be looking to improve their running game in 2015. Detroit has a couple of nice complementary backs on its roster — Reggie Bush and Joique Bell — but both have struggled to stay healthy with the Lions. The team looks like it may be close to being a legitimate contender in the NFC, and adding a player like Peterson may be enough to help the Lions reach their first Super Bowl in franchise history."

Read more: http://wallstcheatsheet.com/sports/where-will-suspended-rb-adrian-peterson-play-in-2015.html/?a=viewall#ixzz3Qgifw8nd

Come on and help us to the Super Bowl!!!!
avatar
deusXango

Posts : 2782
Join date : 2011-12-21
Location : Oaxaca, Mexico

View user profile

Back to top Go down

I Could Be Wrong

Post  WTF on Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:22 am

I honestly tried finding justification not for Kyle's playing time. Offensively we know he has some amount of potential but is far to inconsistent for the number of minutes he's getting.

I constantly hear terms like glue guy and high BB IQ and so on so I honestly took a look at that as well. Now perhaps my interpretation of glue guy is different from others I equate it to a single stat (assists totals). IMO glue guys are always making the right decisions thus I think there assist numbers should be around 5 a game.

I wanted to make a defensive argument for Kyles minutes and couldn't even come close to justifying his playing time. I looked at 3 stats that IMO should provide defensive reasoning (rebs, steals and blocks). For a starting SF or SF period Kyles stats stink to high heavens IMO and doesn't warrant the PT he's getting either.

So beyond Kyle being a nice guy, and teachers pet he stinks and should not be starting. I try making the argument of playing hard and effort, but what he doesn't do consistently is get his ass handed to him defensively rather he's guarding the SF or SG position, his perimeter defense is horrid for a guy his size, and his speed and athleticism is well below average.

Okay so I went and looked at Kyles his 2nd season and compared them to the stats of Tayshaun 2nd season. Very similar stats but what I concluded when doing so while Tayshaun had an excuses (CB, Rip, Wallace and Wallace) for under performing I can't find a reason why Kyle stats should not be a lot better than what they are considering how bad this team is.

What I do know is missing are the intangibles that made Prince better. Prince potential was greatly recognizable but he was destiny to underachieve on this team with CB and Rip though I thought he should have been more aggressive in his role. I don't see that growth in Kyle as we saw in Prince who stats improved greatly by his 3rd season. Well Kyle is basking in his 3rd season facepalm
avatar
WTF

Posts : 4028
Join date : 2011-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Detroit sports...a couple at least.

Post  deusXango on Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:48 am

WISEFAN wrote:
Speculation is Suh will resign with the team so that's a plus. not sure what happen with Fairley though.  I'm not being a public opinion hater on either Rice or Petersen and would love to see one of them on this squad if the price is right which it should be.  They've made poor judgments but it doesn't mean they don't deserve second chances.  That and an upgrade on the offensive line and I think we're good to go.  
I really hope the speculation is correct, because to lose Suh would be a big mistake, based on pure bullsh!t; not only is he a fierce competitor, but an iron man as well who takes his off-season conditioning serious....the same can't be said for Fairley. If no one wants him and it's humanly possible, I'm all over Peterson! That's a serious, hardworking football player who we need in our backfield in the worst way. IMHO, Rice is on the decline so he wouldn't be on my radar because of that and nothing more, but Peterson is another story.

Revisiting Warren Sapp; that's what you get for your stupid ass opinion on Suh giving us a "hometown deal," you pussy buying mofo! facepalm
avatar
deusXango

Posts : 2782
Join date : 2011-12-21
Location : Oaxaca, Mexico

View user profile

Back to top Go down

To Oracle, with apologies to Don

Post  deusXango on Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:29 am

Oracle wrote:I feel about Singler like I did about Knight & Middleton... they were BORN Pistons! They're ours, and if they're working hard to get better, then I want to support them, but not blindly, they have to produce at some point!

But I recognize that everybody doesn't feel that way, and some here do hate Singler to some extent.

Seb does not hate Singler, Seb bases his opinion on the facts and he states them clearly... unfortunately he's right about Singler for the most part, but he doesn't hate, he's Pistons first and all about us getting better.

DX goes back and forth. Sometimes he's pretty hateful, sometimes not, but in DX I sense more frustration than anything else, and it just comes out hateful at times. Replace "hateful" with passionate and we got a deal.

Wise used to favor Singler, but what really chaps his hide is when Singler is treated like "Teachers Pet" for no good reason, and then the hate comes out.

My bottom line is that to be a starting SF, Singler is going to have to have more than one good game in 10, and develop more consistency.

Otherwise he'll be like Josh, and have stats that seem good, but don't advance the team in a positive way... yeah, I had to get in one little Josh dig lol
I ripped Stuckey because he started and was favored and treated like a superstar by every coach that came through Detroit, but he wasn't; he never lived up to the hype, but finally played his best basketball for the Pistons, coming off the bench, before leaving Detroit. Singler is half the player Stuckey was, he just has the ability to hide his blemishes better; I can't and won't, in good conscience, rip Stuckey, but cheer Singler, like he's the second coming of, not when he's been so inconsistent and produced at the level he has.

I'm passionate because I love and root for the home team, hell, there were fans who dissected and over criticized players who actually won something for Detroit, like Hamilton, Prince, Rasheed, and Ben, but that didn't make them haters.
avatar
deusXango

Posts : 2782
Join date : 2011-12-21
Location : Oaxaca, Mexico

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Fans Recognize Bullshit Too

Post  WTF on Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:24 am

SVG wrote:"Right now, we're happy with what we have but you're always exploring trades," Van Gundy said Monday. "That's just being honest. Those guys know that and they know you're not being honest if you said anything else. You're always exploring what's out there. You've got to see what's possible.

"But with John coming in now, there's nothing specifically that we have to get done. We've got our roster, we're happy with it. If there's something out there that makes us better, then we'll do it."

Please don't say your happy with the roster as it is. How can you be happy with when it under .500 and currently out of a playoff spot? If you were honestly happy then we wouldn't get all the bitch moaning you do after loses, nor would we see DNP-CD as much as we do. That indicates that you're still searching for chemistry and a right mix that doesn't say or sound happy with roster.

You know what honesty sounds like SVG? Here what it sounds like "You fu@ckers are not doing your jobs and I'm sick of it. You see what happen with Josh well some of your asses on that same track to having your asses released. Moose I should have trade you ass over the summer, and Andre what the hell are you doing defensively keep fu@cking around and Joel will be starting. Kyle what the hell I might as well be playing 4 on 5 you're giving me nothing but grief and that goes for the rest of you useless ass SF's. I swear I'll trade all you mutha-@#$!& if I could today."

That's what honesty sounds like Mr. Coach
avatar
WTF

Posts : 4028
Join date : 2011-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Don, on Singler, it's complicated!

Post  WTF on Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:08 am

Oracle wrote:I feel about Singler like I did about Knight & Middleton... they were BORN Pistons! They're ours, and if they're working hard to get better, then I want to support them, but not blindly, they have to produce at some point!

But I recognize that everybody doesn't feel that way, and some here do hate Singler to some extent.

Seb does not hate Singler, Seb bases his opinion on the facts and he states them clearly... unfortunately he's right about Singler for the most part, but he doesn't hate, he's Pistons first and all about us getting better.

DX goes back and forth. Sometimes he's pretty hateful, sometimes not, but in DX I sense more frustration than anything else, and it just comes out hateful at times.

Wise used to favor Singler, but what really chaps his hide is when Singler is treated like "Teachers Pet" for no good reason, and then the hate comes out. True Dat!!!

My bottom line is that to be a starting SF, Singler is going to have to have more than one good game in 10, and develop more consistency.

Otherwise he'll be like Josh, and have stats that seem good, but don't advance the team in a positive way... yeah, I had to get in one little Josh dig lol

I hate rewarding potential and not results. My biggest issue is Kyle's inconsistent play and the lack of justification for the minutes he logs game in and game out. It's similar to the feelings I had toward Knight, and that of what I feel for Monroe and it's as if by default they get the PT they're getting or got with this team. Largely because there's no viable replacements at SF or PF.

avatar
WTF

Posts : 4028
Join date : 2011-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Oracle

Post  WTF on Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:59 am

Oracle wrote:BTW, since when do you call making a great catch "Gifting" somebody anything. The pass was almost perfect, and he came up with it amazingly! That just great football!

It wasn't a great pass, it was greatly defended and tipped unfortunately in the air and yes the Football Gods let that ball fall into the hands of the receiver while lying on his back. Yes great that he amazingly came away with the ball otherwise it was 4th down and the scenario is far more difficult. Perfect passes aren't caught on your back but lucky ones are tb

I can't say really if Carroll made the right or wrong call but if I'm passing the ball it's not in the middle of the field it's a corner fade route.

Speculation is Suh will resign with the team so that's a plus. not sure what happen with Fairley though. I'm not being a public opinion hater on either Rice or Petersen and would love to see one of them on this squad if the price is right which it should be. They've made poor judgments but it doesn't mean they don't deserve second chances. That and an upgrade on the offensive line and I think we're good to go.
avatar
WTF

Posts : 4028
Join date : 2011-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Don, on Singler, it's complicated!

Post  Oracle on Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:40 am

I feel about Singler like I did about Knight & Middleton... they were BORN Pistons! They're ours, and if they're working hard to get better, then I want to support them, but not blindly, they have to produce at some point!

But I recognize that everybody doesn't feel that way, and some here do hate Singler to some extent.

Seb does not hate Singler, Seb bases his opinion on the facts and he states them clearly... unfortunately he's right about Singler for the most part, but he doesn't hate, he's Pistons first and all about us getting better.

DX goes back and forth. Sometimes he's pretty hateful, sometimes not, but in DX I sense more frustration than anything else, and it just comes out hateful at times.

Wise used to favor Singler, but what really chaps his hide is when Singler is treated like "Teachers Pet" for no good reason, and then the hate comes out.

My bottom line is that to be a starting SF, Singler is going to have to have more than one good game in 10, and develop more consistency.

Otherwise he'll be like Josh, and have stats that seem good, but don't advance the team in a positive way... yeah, I had to get in one little Josh dig lol
avatar
Oracle

Posts : 6110
Join date : 2011-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Wise

Post  Oracle on Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:19 am

WISEFAN wrote:One day soon Stafford is going to be as good as Brady tb  lol

I don't care if Brady ever wins again I just wanted him to get number 4 and be right there with Bradshaw and Montana.   Thanks Pete Carroll for turning complete Moron!  The Football Gods all but gifted you this game and you re gifted it right to the Patriots.  WOW!  


Yeah, smile when you say that! My hope for the Lions is that they keep the defense intact, and shore up the offensive line to give Stafford a bit more time.

People are creaming the Seahawks for that call, but it was the right call, IMO, but I don't know WTF they were thinking!

When everybody expecting Lynch to run it, the pass is the best play to execute. But you don't throw the pass into the middle of the line where a run would have been, because you know there's going to be traffic!

A pass to the corner would have been a lot smarter, or even to the back of the end zone, anywhere where the QG has a chance to throw it away if it isn't there!

Right play, just drawn up by a dummy!

I'm a huge Brady fan, but there's no way they should have won that game. The Seahawks defense was so banged up, it's amazing they could even finish the game, but even so, the Seahawks lost it.

BTW, since when do you call making a great catch "Gifting" somebody anything. The pass was almost perfect, and he came up with it amazingly! That just great football!
avatar
Oracle

Posts : 6110
Join date : 2011-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

DX

Post  Oracle on Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:10 am

deusXango wrote:
Oracle wrote:The Bucks are of course led by one Brandon Knight, who Joe didn't think could lead a playoff team(what a dumbass).

Well that Buck was out of the game in Toronto(injury), and Mayo got ejected!

Up steps Chris Middleton to score 25 and put down the Raptors on the road! This Buck team is for real!!!

Oracle, can you imagine what our record would be like if SVG had Knight and Middleton on this roster? A starting lineup of Drummond, Monroe, Middleton, KCP, and Knight would be great, IMHO, but SVG would probably still be starting Singler and backing him up with Butler...anyway, the "Greek Freak" is going to be something to contend with in the years to come; the Bucks are showing what Hammond is all about. Van Gundy can't keep f@ckin' around.

That's obviously a playoff starting 5!

Another possibility, if Joe had drafted MCW, would be MCW instead of KCP with Knight playing SG on offense, and PG on defense!

But I do like KCP, and IMO, Knight & Middleton would make him a LOT better, but with those guys, we would have good size as well, not this munchkin ball SVG is playing now.
avatar
Oracle

Posts : 6110
Join date : 2011-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

A coming team in the east, like Atlanta!

Post  deusXango on Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:06 am

Oracle wrote:The Bucks are of course led by one Brandon Knight, who Joe didn't think could lead a playoff team(what a dumbass).

Well that Buck was out of the game in Toronto(injury), and Mayo got ejected!

Up steps Chris Middleton to score 25 and put down the Raptors on the road! This Buck team is for real!!!

Oracle, can you imagine what our record would be like if SVG had Knight and Middleton on this roster? A starting lineup of Drummond, Monroe, Middleton, KCP, and Knight would be great, IMHO, but SVG would probably still be starting Singler and backing him up with Butler...anyway, the "Greek Freak" is going to be something to contend with in the years to come; the Bucks are showing what Hammond is all about. Van Gundy can't keep f@ckin' around.
avatar
deusXango

Posts : 2782
Join date : 2011-12-21
Location : Oaxaca, Mexico

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Wise

Post  deusXango on Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:55 am

WISEFAN wrote:If two gay men fight each other is that gay bashing lol
lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol Creative thinking brother!
avatar
deusXango

Posts : 2782
Join date : 2011-12-21
Location : Oaxaca, Mexico

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Hey, you know those Pistons that Joe didn't like?

Post  Oracle on Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:46 am

The Bucks are of course led by one Brandon Knight, who Joe didn't think could lead a playoff team(what a dumbass).

Well that Buck was out of the game in Toronto(injury), and Mayo got ejected!

Up steps Chris Middleton to score 25 and put down the Raptors on the road! This Buck team is for real!!!

In other NBA shockers:
1. Charlotte knocks off the Wizards in Washington, I didn't see that coming.
2. The Pelicans stop the Hawks at 19 straight, I expected that, but not enough to still not be shocked!

On the Ho front: Hell yeah prostitution should be legal! God bless a clean Ho lol

In Piston news: New point guard John Lucas III expects to give Detroit Pistons boost in energy, raise tempo

Really? Ok, he did have some pretty amazing stats in China(26ppg I believe), but how far will that game travel in the NBA?

I mean times are really tough when you're looking for energy & tempo from a 32 year old midget leprechaun that couldn't stay attached to the bottom feeding Jazz! But hope springs eternal, and I'll LOVE eating my words if he delivers!
avatar
Oracle

Posts : 6110
Join date : 2011-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

LMAO!

Post  WTF on Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:57 pm

If two gay men fight each other is that gay bashing lol

DX, I agree paying for whores should be okay and legal IMO. But it's not so these dumbass need to keep their weenies in check.
avatar
WTF

Posts : 4028
Join date : 2011-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

FORUM

Post  deusXango on Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:50 pm

Do I stand alone in thinking that buying pussy in the 21st century is being overblown? Prostitution is the oldest profession in the world and the world we live in today has many, many more horrendous issues facing us than what goes on in a hotel room, between two (or more, whatever your pocket can stand) consenting adults.

On a softer note, why was Michael Sam given so much attention because he couldn't get a job because of his sexual orientation, allegedly, but the dumb asses (Anthony and Sapp) lose their jobs because of their sexual orientation? Is there something wrong with me because I find nothing wrong with what takes place between a naked man and woman, behind closed doors, but find no excitement and think it's disgusting in thinking about what takes place between two naked men, behind closed doors? Before anyone goes there, I've heard the nasty name I've been tagged with, homophobic! I choose to call myself a devout hetersexual though.

Murderers, child abusers, senior citizen exploiters, serial killers, corrupt politicians, and the list goes on with crimes/criminals that should come before what's being highlighted today as a major moral defect.
avatar
deusXango

Posts : 2782
Join date : 2011-12-21
Location : Oaxaca, Mexico

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FORUM

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum