Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+10
Sebastian
Sparma
cool breeze
Sissy1946
Go Stones!
Fennis Dembo
Phil-Good
FlyDog
lemonpen
WTF
14 posters

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty Seb

Post  Oracle Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:24 pm

Sebastian wrote:Where ever WE draft in June, I would endorse trading the pick to Phoenix for C.J. Warren. There's OUR SF of the future.

I am not sold on the kid from Arizona (Stanley Johnson) or that Kominsky dude (DX's boy).

When the Free agent season starts, I would then aggressively pursue a sign and trade with Phoenix for the Morris twins. Yes, a two-for-one (Morris twins for Moose).

Then, I may consider resigning Reggie Jackson, with the hopes of somehow carefully re-introducing B. Jennings, when he is ready to return.

Stan can't be as sloppy, this summer, as he was last summer.

Yeah, I saw Stanley Johnson play, and granted it was only one game, but he looked more like a Stanky Johnson than a NBA prospect! DX's boy(Kominsky) is only ok, and I question how well his game will translate, like I did Trey Burke's!

I don't remember Warren, but I do like the Morris twins! It'll be hard to pry them from Phoenix, but they do need a big man in the worst way, they're set at guard(s). Phoenix wasn't on Monroe's list of teams, but that could change with Knight there, we'll see!

Bleacher Report says we should go after Danny Green and while I like him, IMO, he's good only in SA's system. I'm scared to pay him the kind of money he wants for the limited skills he has!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty What should GM Stan do with the 7th, 8th, or 9th Pick ...

Post  Sebastian Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:47 pm

Where ever WE draft in June, I would endorse trading the pick to Phoenix for C.J. Warren. There's OUR SF of the future.

I am not sold on the kid from Arizona (Stanley Johnson) or that Kominsky dude (DX's boy).

When the Free agent season starts, I would then aggressively pursue a sign and trade with Phoenix for the Morris twins. Yes, a two-for-one (Morris twins for Moose).

Then, I may consider resigning Reggie Jackson, with the hopes of somehow carefully re-introducing B. Jennings, when he is ready to return.

Stan can't be as sloppy, this summer, as he was last summer.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty SVG Dimwitted On Dinwiddie

Post  WTF Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:35 pm

Oracle wrote:QM back to the effing Drive???

WTF is up with that(comments from Doom & Gloom requested lol )!

We need to be giving QM & Dinwiddie the experience of closing out games... that's NOT tanking, it's good business.

Look, I understand that it's against everything that's right to tank against playoff teams, we should play our best players and really try to win those games, it's up to the opponent to kick our asses!

But against anybody else, the game is less important than the development of guys that aren't getting any development otherwise, and NO, the Drive ain't the effing NBA!

Come on SVG, get your sh!t together and start managing this team the right way!!!

Don, this is ironic: Not only is Brandon Knight worth more than Jennings right now, Kris Middleton is worth more than Jennings too! WOW, talk about near Darko level f**k ups part Duex lol lol lol lol

I haven't paid much attention to all the games lately so hopefully Dinwiddie is playing major minutes, perhaps not more than Jackson but enough. At this stage of the season IMO QM should be getting minutes over both Prince and Butler.

I don't understand not tanking for the sole purpose of developing players. I remember Chuck with a winning team use to use the last 8 games to rest players when the playoffs we're in hand. You would think that with the playoffs out of reach some player development couldn't hurt.

BTW Moose fakes injury with playoff hopes gone to assure no real injury happens. facepalm
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty Dr. Gloom Remains Optimistic About Burke

Post  WTF Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:23 pm

Oracle wrote:Cast your peepers on this, what is up with Burke???

"After playing well as a rookie, Burke's numbers across the board are down and he hasn't always started. On Monday, Burke compounded a 4-for-22 shooting night against Minnesota by ignoring Jazz coach Quin Synder's instructions to a shoot a 3-pointer by taking a layup with his team down by three during the waning seconds. He made the shot, but it was essentially worthless. He apologized to his teammates afterward." - In hindsight, Joe Dumars was probably right taking Kentavious Caldwell-Pope over Trey Burke

Burke has definitely took a step back from his rookie season.  I still like him over KCP and maybe still over MCW.   IMO and I could be wrong but I think Utah was never a fit for Burke and that Burke would have been better served had we drafted him of any other East coast team.  

It looks like a confidence thing going on with him. I'm not sure if drafting Exum rattled his confidence this season.  Not ready to give up on Burke just yet but he needs to get a little bigger and stronger this summer.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty Off Topic: Focus the movie

Post  Oracle Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:11 am

This was a very good, though not great movie(a solid 6.8 on IMDB), but it was the chemistry between Will Smith and Margot Robbie that surprised me!

I bought the love between them, and they followed the movie up with a great love song, even though the original was done by a local dude(Deon Jackson) from Ann Arbor back in 1966, this rendition is pretty good!

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  cool breeze Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:39 am

Oracle wrote:Don, this thinking is disgusting!!!

When the new season comes around, the excuse will be that Dinwiddie doesn't have the experience, so of course him minutes will be limited, and QM may not even get out of training camp before getting tossed, especially if we get a decent haul with all of the cash we have.

This isn't accidental, SVG is smart, and he's doing all of this because he has his mind made up about who he keeps and what he wants to do.

There's another theory making the rounds that he wants to drive Jackson's market value up, so that he can either sign him, or get a good value and do a S&T of him to get additional pieces. Either way, it gives SVG some options, and he likely knows that Jackson won't accept a CAP friendly amount anyway, so it's better to have options.

The sad fact is that the kids are getting the shaft in this process, and we all know that disruptions early in a players career are very difficult to recover from. QM was already tainted, but if he gets the shaft from SVG, other might not even give him a chance. Dinwiddie will be alright because he'll get some PT, and he'll shine when he gets it, but IMO, there is no substitute for getting as much game closing minutes as you can!

cool breeze wrote:Without the last two meaningless wins, our Pistons could have been in position to have the 6th pick in this coming draft. The chest pounding comments made by coach Stan Van Gundy about playing to win the next 11 games must argue with the Stan Van Gundy GM.  Or perhaps the Stan Van Gundy GM is taking a vacation or doesn't hold any stock in draft pick order anyway. But it would seem logical that the Detroit Pistons chances of improving the team could hinge on who is available when Detroit gets their chance come draft day. Teams that already have positioned themselves comfortably for a playoff run are not going to risk injury in the last 11 games. So this is the Detroit Pistons chance to win some games. WOW! Stan could bring up some D League players and see how they play. Does he really want to see Meeks drill a lot of 3 point shots now when the pressure is off and the games mean nothing positive? Or is this more smoke and mirrors at play here. Maybe Piston high management believes that they will sell more season tickets if the team wins the remaining games because they can say look this team is finally where we want it to be. If so, I have lost all respect for Stan Van Gundy and his management team. This group of players could not beat any team in a 7 game series who is currently locked in or fighting for a playoff spot. Our players have had their asses kicked by a lot of teams when things actually mattered. What if we end up with the 11th pick and win all the remaining games? I think that Stan Van Gundy the GM should be fired if that happens. We cannot afford to lose a high pick in this draft. We have no player that is a solid performer. Every position is weak as hell. If Stan wins out he will drive another nail in the Pistons coffin. Our team will suck for many seasons to come. There are some good college players with high potential this year. And by the way if a non playoff team is finishing up the season, the coach should be using all the players he failed to use during the regular season to see how they play. Dinwiddie should be playing most of the minutes not Jackson. This team is so weak Van Gundy should be bringing up D League players for a tryout now. The stupidity is amazing. What will Stan do next? Will he bring back Charlie V next year?

Oracle you are right Stan Van Gundy does have his mind made up. He says that winning the next 11 games are very important to him to protect his best guess view of who he wants. I can't forget that in Orlando Stan's mind was made up and never wavered on who would play the point guard position when Howard played for him. And that didn't work out so well. My technique in seeing through the darkness trying to anticipate which player will take that huge step up to wear the big boy shoes and kick ass and take names in the NBA is to carefully review a players entire career up to the point that they entered the NBA. In most cases, these NBA guys have been dueling with the same players since they were 12 years old. Who kept getting better and better though those years? Who had the best work ethic and was never satisfied with their game? Arron Affalo was one of those guys who just never stopped working as a kid and as an adult. Dumars was blindly in love with Stuckey and never researched players history. I knew Affalo would become a solid if not outstanding starter in the NBA. And then it was Brandon Knight. I knew Knight would climb the ladder in the NBA because he is relentless at everything. Joe Dumars was never interested in that fact. He needed change for the sake of change. Now the guy I have a gut feeling on is Spencer Dinwiddie. Spencer is not at all like Jackson or Jennings in any way. He is a team first point guard. Spencer has always tried to find a way for his team to win at every level he has played at. If he needed to improve his defense, passing or shooting he did it based on what his team needed to win. Spencer is extremely smart. That is why you see him avoiding traps and waiting to pull the trigger on his passes until the last second on this team because our players seldom move without the ball. If we had really talented players, Spencer should be your guy to run the team. However, if you have below average to average players who have flaws then people like Joe Dumars and now Stan Van Gundy will bring in the show boat players who will run fast sometimes over penetrate and seldom play any defense. So it appears that Stan Van Gundy is not serious at all about creating a high level team at all. Otherwise, he would be looking to play guys like Dinwiddie a lot as well as other young guys. He already knows what all the older vets can do so what in hell is he learning over the last 11 games? NOTHING! These players couldn't cut it when the games counted Stan. I want to have faith in Stan Van Gundy. I am wondering what Mr. Gores is thinking about now.

It is really difficult to even think about the Detroit Pistons while the NCAA tournament is going on. But something is not right in Piston land.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty Now that we're done, let's look at the FA Market!

Post  Oracle Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:45 pm

Ok, here's 3 listings in different orders.

1. FA's by position(up to date)

2. FA's by Team(not current, but the FA's remain the same)

3. FA's ordered by best to worst(up to date)
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty Don

Post  Oracle Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:23 pm

Don, this thinking is disgusting!!!

When the new season comes around, the excuse will be that Dinwiddie doesn't have the experience, so of course him minutes will be limited, and QM may not even get out of training camp before getting tossed, especially if we get a decent haul with all of the cash we have.

This isn't accidental, SVG is smart, and he's doing all of this because he has his mind made up about who he keeps and what he wants to do.

There's another theory making the rounds that he wants to drive Jackson's market value up, so that he can either sign him, or get a good value and do a S&T of him to get additional pieces. Either way, it gives SVG some options, and he likely knows that Jackson won't accept a CAP friendly amount anyway, so it's better to have options.

The sad fact is that the kids are getting the shaft in this process, and we all know that disruptions early in a players career are very difficult to recover from. QM was already tainted, but if he gets the shaft from SVG, other might not even give him a chance. Dinwiddie will be alright because he'll get some PT, and he'll shine when he gets it, but IMO, there is no substitute for getting as much game closing minutes as you can!

cool breeze wrote:Without the last two meaningless wins, our Pistons could have been in position to have the 6th pick in this coming draft. The chest pounding comments made by coach Stan Van Gundy about playing to win the next 11 games must argue with the Stan Van Gundy GM.  Or perhaps the Stan Van Gundy GM is taking a vacation or doesn't hold any stock in draft pick order anyway. But it would seem logical that the Detroit Pistons chances of improving the team could hinge on who is available when Detroit gets their chance come draft day. Teams that already have positioned themselves comfortably for a playoff run are not going to risk injury in the last 11 games. So this is the Detroit Pistons chance to win some games. WOW! Stan could bring up some D League players and see how they play. Does he really want to see Meeks drill a lot of 3 point shots now when the pressure is off and the games mean nothing positive? Or is this more smoke and mirrors at play here. Maybe Piston high management believes that they will sell more season tickets if the team wins the remaining games because they can say look this team is finally where we want it to be. If so, I have lost all respect for Stan Van Gundy and his management team. This group of players could not beat any team in a 7 game series who is currently locked in or fighting for a playoff spot. Our players have had their asses kicked by a lot of teams when things actually mattered. What if we end up with the 11th pick and win all the remaining games? I think that Stan Van Gundy the GM should be fired if that happens. We cannot afford to lose a high pick in this draft. We have no player that is a solid performer. Every position is weak as hell. If Stan wins out he will drive another nail in the Pistons coffin. Our team will suck for many seasons to come. There are some good college players with high potential this year. And by the way if a non playoff team is finishing up the season, the coach should be using all the players he failed to use during the regular season to see how they play. Dinwiddie should be playing most of the minutes not Jackson. This team is so weak Van Gundy should be bringing up D League players for a tryout now. The stupidity is amazing. What will Stan do next? Will he bring back Charlie V next year?
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty Will we lose the 8th pick?

Post  cool breeze Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:25 pm

Without the last two meaningless wins, our Pistons could have been in position to have the 6th pick in this coming draft. The chest pounding comments made by coach Stan Van Gundy about playing to win the next 11 games must argue with the Stan Van Gundy GM. Or perhaps the Stan Van Gundy GM is taking a vacation or doesn't hold any stock in draft pick order anyway. But it would seem logical that the Detroit Pistons chances of improving the team could hinge on who is available when Detroit gets their chance come draft day. Teams that already have positioned themselves comfortably for a playoff run are not going to risk injury in the last 11 games. So this is the Detroit Pistons chance to win some games. WOW! Stan could bring up some D League players and see how they play. Does he really want to see Meeks drill a lot of 3 point shots now when the pressure is off and the games mean nothing positive? Or is this more smoke and mirrors at play here. Maybe Piston high management believes that they will sell more season tickets if the team wins the remaining games because they can say look this team is finally where we want it to be. If so, I have lost all respect for Stan Van Gundy and his management team. This group of players could not beat any team in a 7 game series who is currently locked in or fighting for a playoff spot. Our players have had their asses kicked by a lot of teams when things actually mattered. What if we end up with the 11th pick and win all the remaining games? I think that Stan Van Gundy the GM should be fired if that happens. We cannot afford to lose a high pick in this draft. We have no player that is a solid performer. Every position is weak as hell. If Stan wins out he will drive another nail in the Pistons coffin. Our team will suck for many seasons to come. There are some good college players with high potential this year. And by the way if a non playoff team is finishing up the season, the coach should be using all the players he failed to use during the regular season to see how they play. Dinwiddie should be playing most of the minutes not Jackson. This team is so weak Van Gundy should be bringing up D League players for a tryout now. The stupidity is amazing. What will Stan do next? Will he bring back Charlie V next year?

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:10 pm

Oracle wrote:QM back to the effing Drive???

We need to be giving QM & Dinwiddie the experience of closing out games... that's NOT tanking, it's good business.

Look, I understand that it's against everything that's right to tank against playoff teams, we should play our best players and really try to win those games, it's up to the opponent to kick our asses!

But against anybody else, the game is less important than the development of guys that aren't getting any development otherwise, and NO, the Drive ain't the effing NBA!

Come on SVG, get your sh!t together and start managing this team the right way!!!

Don, this is ironic: Not only is Brandon Knight worth more than Jennings right now, Kris Middleton is worth more than Jennings too! WOW, talk about near Darko level f**k ups part Duex lol lol lol lol

Oracle Joe Dumars can come back to the Palace as a former great player but he should be banned from ever returning when thinking of him as a GM President. Hammond put together the championship team. The Brandon Knight - K Middieton give away was insane and now people are waking up and see the truth of it. But I haven't forgotten how Joe Dumars acted when his team revolted several years ago acting like small children when they decided to embarrass the head coach by not showing up for practice before an away game. Dumars stayed in the background avoiding taking a leadership role and he got away with it. He allowed Charlie V of all players to further make the head coach and assistant coaches appear worthless. Charlie got away with saying the Pistons losing had nothing to do with the players talent. Meanwhile, Dumars peaked around corners of the Palace watching and knowing that the players his hand selected players were getting their asses kicked not only because of the players lack of effort but because players on other teams were superior in every way to our players at the time. Some of the give aways by Joe Dumars makes me think that Joe Dumars might have been an advisor relating to the insane trade involving our army deserter and the 5 mass murderers that were being held in G. Now it appears that as many as 15 soldiers died or were wounded attempting to rescue this soldier who sent his personal property back to the States the day before he left his post while serving in a forward combat zone. Please know that I am only kidding relating to anything Dumars might have done relating to making trades or releasing former players involving our Pistons. But it does hurt nonetheless when something you love is weakened or destroyed because of inept insane decisions made by people in suits and wing tipped shoes. I am sure most of us have experienced similar things in our own occupations.

Just think about Arron Affalo and what he might have done as a leader on our Piston team if we also had Brandon Knight and Middleton coming up in their rookie years to play and practice with Arron Affalo. Affalo has always had a fantastic work ethic. He has always been a team first player who never violates the trust his coaches have in him. How Joe Dumars could have missed Affalo's value is just incredible. The bottom line must be that Joe Dumars was not interested or paying much attention to anything that was going on with his teams during his last 5 years of work. With players like Charlie V, you admit your mistake and move on even releasing him like Van Gundy did with Smith if necessary. But Smith always gave a good effort or better effort than his teammates when he wore the Piston uniform. Smith in no shape or form should ever be compared to Charlie V. Charlie was nothing more than a lazy ass out of shape chemistry killer when he was on our team. We have to move on now and hope like hell we start getting some better decisions on players from our current leader, Stan Van Gundy. As Stan is extremely involved emotionally and hates being involved with losing teams more than most people, I do believe that he will transform our Pistons into something we can be proud of in the near future. Now find a way to lose the rest of these meaningless games Stan.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:52 pm

Are y'all talkin' about Dumars great draft picks and Jennings (from JD)?.. that somabitch left b4 he could see his players turn into sumpin brush
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty Wise, er, Dr Gloom

Post  Oracle Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:57 pm

Cast your peepers on this, what is up with Burke???

"After playing well as a rookie, Burke's numbers across the board are down and he hasn't always started. On Monday, Burke compounded a 4-for-22 shooting night against Minnesota by ignoring Jazz coach Quin Synder's instructions to a shoot a 3-pointer by taking a layup with his team down by three during the waning seconds. He made the shot, but it was essentially worthless. He apologized to his teammates afterward." - In hindsight, Joe Dumars was probably right taking Kentavious Caldwell-Pope over Trey Burke
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty OMFG!!!

Post  Oracle Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:42 pm

QM back to the effing Drive???

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:03 pm

WISEFAN wrote:
Oracle wrote:Wow, you guys, Don & Wise, are so down on the team... I'm not, but I do see an issue you didn't mention, and agree with your thoughts.

Even though I agree with you guys about Drummond, KCP, and even Jennings, these are all young players, and consistency is something that also comes with maturity. I'm not predicting, I'm just saying that there's room to grow, and getting more inconsistent young players starts a vicious cycle that could take down the organization.

Reggie has finally started to come around, and while he still has a long way to go, he's showing progress in working with Drummond. He's getting the lob working, but still, IMO, not using the P&R as the weapon that Jennings did. He's using it more as a fast break tool than a way to initiate the offense to get everyone involved, which limits the teamwork we want to happen... hopefully that will come.

The bigger issue to me for Reggie is the horrid shooting! A PG that can't shoot the 3 ball is going to struggle in this league, as the Bucks are discovering(see below) as they are falling out of the playoff picture as I thought they would after that trade.

http://journaltimes.com/sports/basketball/bucks-changing-of-the-guard-still-a-work-in-progress/article_75d602db-a384-5448-9a87-1bf71d2aaefd.html wrote:Never a good shooter, Carter-Williams has struggled mightily with the Bucks, especially at making shots from beyond the arc. Williams has connected on one of 14 3-point attempts – a putrid 7.1 percent – since joining the Bucks. For the season, he is shooting 24 percent on 3s. Last season with the 76ers, Carter-Williams shot 26 percent on 3-point attempts.

In today’s NBA, that is a recipe for team disaster. With a dearth of quality centers, along with an added emphasis on analytics, the NBA has evolved into a perimeter game. Winning on a consistent basis is extremely difficult without top-notch outside shooters.

One only has to take a gander at some of the best teams in the NBA and see how they have point guards who are excellent long-range shooters.

Golden State, the best team in the Western Conference, has Stephen Curry, who is shooting 42 percent from 3-point range. Cleveland, which is the prohibitive favorite to win the Eastern Conference, has Kyrie Irving, who is shooting 41 percent on treys.

It doesn’t stop there. Chris Paul of the Los Angeles Clippers is shooting 38 percent and San Antonio’s Parker is shooting 45 percent. Portland’s Damian Lillard (32%), Oklahoma City’s Russell Westbrook (30%) and Washington’s John Wall (30%) are solid-to-outstanding 3-point shooters. Each of their teams just happens to be a legitimate title contender.

Knight, if you’re wondering, is shooting 40 percent on 3s this season.

Don who do you want to be? Doom or Gloom.   I'll be Gloom since you name starts with Doom you can be Doom.  

OK I will go with that name Wisefan. As we ponder over which point guard, Jennings or Jackson should be the starter next season, Brandon Knight will most likely be an All Star and in high demand. Another great job by our former AWOL leader, Joe Dumars. I lost all respect for Joe as a front office man long before that stupid give away of two solid players who by the way like to play defense. How many GMs would have made that deal in the history of the NBA? NOBODY! But then who would attempt to make a deal with Iran especially when the guy they are dealing with is saying Death to America while negotiations are allegedly ongoing. Required reading for all Americans should be the non fiction book, "Legacy of Ashes" which is about all the de classified CIA information now available to everyone who might have any interest in what really goes on in our government. Too bad that few are interested in the facts as to how our political leaders from both parties manage to never do the right thing. Decisions are made to create a legacy for the supreme leader no matter how bad the deal might be for us cannon fodder types. And for all us Vets like me who fought for our country can anyone explain why our President made another deal exchanging 5 mass murderers for one US deserter? Please don't tell me that our government never leaves one soldier behind. I know several who were left behind. And why is the Pentagon dragging their feet on Mr. B's court martial? Is any of this similar to some of Joe Dumars trades and draft choices? Joe was in a similar situation in his last days. He thought that he had to get a deal done. Fans were not upset with Jason Maxiell starting at power forward. They were down on Brandon Knight and K. Middleton.

Am I going insane or has the world become insane? Why would Stan Van Gundy want to win more meaningless games? Imagine his position as the two headed monster. One side wants the team to lose and the other side is worried about his coaching record this season. Stan we fans forgive you for not making the playoffs this year. We still blame Joe Dumars for this mess. At least I am one who thinks Joe is responsible for setting back the Pistons chances for success for another decade. What in hell have you done to me Wisefan??? Mr. Doom

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty Doom & Gloom?

Post  WTF Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:21 pm

Oracle wrote:Wow, you guys, Don & Wise, are so down on the team... I'm not, but I do see an issue you didn't mention, and agree with your thoughts.

Even though I agree with you guys about Drummond, KCP, and even Jennings, these are all young players, and consistency is something that also comes with maturity. I'm not predicting, I'm just saying that there's room to grow, and getting more inconsistent young players starts a vicious cycle that could take down the organization.

Reggie has finally started to come around, and while he still has a long way to go, he's showing progress in working with Drummond. He's getting the lob working, but still, IMO, not using the P&R as the weapon that Jennings did. He's using it more as a fast break tool than a way to initiate the offense to get everyone involved, which limits the teamwork we want to happen... hopefully that will come.

The bigger issue to me for Reggie is the horrid shooting! A PG that can't shoot the 3 ball is going to struggle in this league, as the Bucks are discovering(see below) as they are falling out of the playoff picture as I thought they would after that trade.

http://journaltimes.com/sports/basketball/bucks-changing-of-the-guard-still-a-work-in-progress/article_75d602db-a384-5448-9a87-1bf71d2aaefd.html wrote:Never a good shooter, Carter-Williams has struggled mightily with the Bucks, especially at making shots from beyond the arc. Williams has connected on one of 14 3-point attempts – a putrid 7.1 percent – since joining the Bucks. For the season, he is shooting 24 percent on 3s. Last season with the 76ers, Carter-Williams shot 26 percent on 3-point attempts.

In today’s NBA, that is a recipe for team disaster. With a dearth of quality centers, along with an added emphasis on analytics, the NBA has evolved into a perimeter game. Winning on a consistent basis is extremely difficult without top-notch outside shooters.

One only has to take a gander at some of the best teams in the NBA and see how they have point guards who are excellent long-range shooters.

Golden State, the best team in the Western Conference, has Stephen Curry, who is shooting 42 percent from 3-point range. Cleveland, which is the prohibitive favorite to win the Eastern Conference, has Kyrie Irving, who is shooting 41 percent on treys.

It doesn’t stop there. Chris Paul of the Los Angeles Clippers is shooting 38 percent and San Antonio’s Parker is shooting 45 percent. Portland’s Damian Lillard (32%), Oklahoma City’s Russell Westbrook (30%) and Washington’s John Wall (30%) are solid-to-outstanding 3-point shooters. Each of their teams just happens to be a legitimate title contender.

Knight, if you’re wondering, is shooting 40 percent on 3s this season.

Don who do you want to be? Doom or Gloom. I'll be Gloom since you name starts with Doom you can be Doom.

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty Oracle's analysis of F@ckin' Jodie Meeks

Post  Sebastian Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:49 pm

Yo, Oracle, I guess you and I agree on the status of F@ckin' Jodie Meeks as a Piston. He [F@ckin Jodie Meeks] is grossly overpaid for what I think is a 7th-man, Heat-Check shooter and you are right, the dude is a very good free throw shooter.

But, that is the paradox that is F@ckin' Jodie Meeks. The guy is a very good free throw shooter, but he does not go to line enough.

Oh, why did GM Stan throw so much money to a guy who has a good game every two weeks and who shoots 2.9 free throws per game.

Oracle wrote:
cool breeze wrote:This is insane and how many times have we watched this same thing happen. Are we going to drop into the 10th or 11th pick now? Players are on a salary drive or trying to secure their jobs for next season. They don't want the competition new rookies will surely bring. Stan Van Gundy is an idiot if he continues to attempt to win more games.

There is a logical way to do this and still lose!

SVG needs to let his starters work their butts off, and prove their worth, that's the only way to do it and preserve integrity & confidence!

However, there are players that haven't seen enough PT, like Dinwiddie & QM!

Why not let them finish games and rest the starters? We accomplish both goals of making sure the starters prove their worth AND getting the other guys the PT they will need to be ready for next year!

IMO, we've seen the majority of what we needed to see from the core, and for 3 quarters, they can get in all of the work they need. This is a management decision, and SVG the GM needs to overrule SVG the coach in this matter.

Seb, I included Meeks in the core for next season for two reasons, one practical and the other because I think he's great off the bench, he's just over paid for that job(not his fault)!

The practical reason is that he's already signed for next season and he knows the system. The other reason is that he's one of the best FT shooters we've ever had, can get hot and score in bunches, and runs the floor better than any Piston this side of RIP Hamilton!

All qualities we will need in a playoff team and run!

Last edited by Sebastian on Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty He should try to win games, BUT...

Post  Oracle Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:25 pm

cool breeze wrote:This is insane and how many times have we watched this same thing happen. Are we going to drop into the 10th or 11th pick now? Players are on a salary drive or trying to secure their jobs for next season. They don't want the competition new rookies will surely bring. Stan Van Gundy is an idiot if he continues to attempt to win more games.

There is a logical way to do this and still lose!

SVG needs to let his starters work their butts off, and prove their worth, that's the only way to do it and preserve integrity & confidence!

However, there are players that haven't seen enough PT, like Dinwiddie & QM!

Why not let them finish games and rest the starters? We accomplish both goals of making sure the starters prove their worth AND getting the other guys the PT they will need to be ready for next year!

IMO, we've seen the majority of what we needed to see from the core, and for 3 quarters, they can get in all of the work they need. This is a management decision, and SVG the GM needs to overrule SVG the coach in this matter.

Seb, I included Meeks in the core for next season for two reasons, one practical and the other because I think he's great off the bench, he's just over paid for that job(not his fault)!

The practical reason is that he's already signed for next season and he knows the system. The other reason is that he's one of the best FT shooters we've ever had, can get hot and score in bunches, and runs the floor better than any Piston this side of RIP Hamilton!

All qualities we will need in a playoff team and run!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty Winning games will cause more loses next season

Post  cool breeze Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:09 pm

This is insane and how many times have we watched this same thing happen. Are we going to drop into the 10th or 11th pick now? Players are on a salary drive or trying to secure their jobs for next season. They don't want the competition new rookies will surely bring. Stan Van Gundy is an idiot if he continues to attempt to win more games.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty I hate instant replay ...

Post  Sebastian Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:38 am

Yes, it appears that "Mr. October" is playing more consistently, but I am not still enamored with his on court demeanor. He has a look at me, see what I just did coating to his game that I wished that he would end, but no doubt he, KCP and Dre Drum are developing an ability to play together, effectively.

Stan should really be allowing QM to jell with the aforementioned trio, as well. Not playing QM is grand missed opportunity.

Oracle, I would not be so quick to include F@ckin' Jodie Meeks in the trio. Meeks is nothing more than a heat-check 7th-man.

I do agree that Moose's absence over the last week has increase the need to find a comparable swap for his services. How about a swap of the Morris twins (Phoenix) for Moose.

Oh and have I relayed to my Pistons Pals how much I hate Instant Replay. Why does the NBA continue to promote the fallacy that going to the Great Video Lab in Secaucus, New Jersey helps to speed the game up?

The f@ckin' referees went the the monitor so many times last night that my taping of the the game ended at the 1:18 mark of the 4th quarter.

F@ck getting it right George Blaha, if the call is in question ... just have a Jump Ball to determine possession.

I hate this damn instant replay sh!t!

DETROIT BASKETBALL!!!
Oracle wrote:Reggie, KCP and Andre were playing up a storm in this thriller of a game!

IMO, if Monroe & his agent timed this "Injury" to show how badly the Pistons would fare without him, it's failed miserably!

Everything is clicking so much better without Monroe clogging up the middle, and is solidifying the idea that all we need is a stretch 4 who's big enough to help out on defense.

Not only are they looking great on the offensive side of the ball, Drummond is looking better defensively, turning in several defensive gems in this game.

BTW, I was worried about his matchup with Valanciunas, but Drummond got better as the game wore on and for the first time shut him down while scoring in bunches!

This is the PLUS side of not tanking, it's building the confidence of the core and instead of a playoff appearance, giving them the momentum and confidence they need to come back next season strong!

I haven't enjoyed a game this much since the Jennings thrillers, and in the 4th, this one had everything you want, and especially because it wasn't a stumbling victory, each team was executing in a chess match and performing at a high level!

Just think of it, between Jennings & Jackson with Dinwiddie in the wings, combined with KCP & Meeks, and Drummond down low, we've got a really solid core, and all we need is a solid SF, PF and better role players(let's lose some scrubs).

Last edited by Sebastian on Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty Wow... Great game and an even better future!!!

Post  Oracle Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:21 am

Reggie, KCP and Andre were playing up a storm in this thriller of a game!

IMO, if Monroe & his agent timed this "Injury" to show how badly the Pistons would fare without him, it's failed miserably!

Everything is clicking so much better without Monroe clogging up the middle, and is solidifying the idea that all we need is a stretch 4 who's big enough to help out on defense.

Not only are they looking great on the offensive side of the ball, Drummond is looking better defensively, turning in several defensive gems in this game.

BTW, I was worried about his matchup with Valanciunas, but Drummond got better as the game wore on and for the first time shut him down while scoring in bunches!

This is the PLUS side of not tanking, it's building the confidence of the core and instead of a playoff appearance, giving them the momentum and confidence they need to come back next season strong!

I haven't enjoyed a game this much since the Jennings thrillers, and in the 4th, this one had everything you want, and especially because it wasn't a stumbling victory, each team was executing in a chess match and performing at a high level!

Just think of it, between Jennings & Jackson with Dinwiddie in the wings, combined with KCP & Meeks, and Drummond down low, we've got a really solid core, and all we need is a solid SF, PF and better role players(let's lose some scrubs).
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty This was a GREAT game to watch!!!

Post  Oracle Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:07 pm

Down to the wire, and BOTH teams making tough shots and playing good defense!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty VERY Disturbing...

Post  Oracle Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:51 pm

Unless Drummond is sick or hurt, can anyone tell me why Valanciunas is beating him down the court on almost EVERY possession???
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty Jennings Podcast

Post  Oracle Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:55 pm

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty Is Quincy Miller a SF or PF? Stan Van Gundy unsure

Post  Oracle Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:29 pm

Note to SVG: It's SF or bust, and maybe PF in a small ball lineup!

Is Quincy Miller a SF or PF? Stan Van Gundy unsure
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty Say what?

Post  Sparma Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:32 pm

Terry Foster at detnews: "And, he [Reggie Jackson] needs time with Van Gundy, who can shape him into the image he wants and allow Jackson to be himself."

Does this make sense to anyone? Is SVG's shaping Reggie into the desired image going to allow him to be himself?
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next