Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+10
merc
Oracle
lemonpen
Go Stones!
FlyDog
Sissy1946
Murph
deusXango
WTF
Fennis Dembo
14 posters

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty It's the simple things that get misses...

Post  Oracle Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:33 pm

What's the problem and who's at fault?

1. It's Josh beyond any doubt! He's way over paid for what he does and he's half the player he was last year

2. It's Singler! Yes, I know I defend him as making no money, but the flip side of that is that he's getting way more PT than his salary would normally see and he's basically doing very little with it, so the effect is a solid negative!

3. It's SVG! He's a horrible GM and a putrid coach! This is basically the same team from last year and he can't get out of them what Cheeks did... amazing!

4. It's SVG again! None of his shooters can shoot! None of his guards can guard or run a team! Drummond is lacking a big man coach since Sheed left, or maybe I just can't see the growth!

5. It's Gores! Gores is the one that believes that the Big 3 should work, that's the #1 reason he fired Cheeks! Gores saw how competitive that team was and felt that they should be winning more games, so I'm sure SVG's interview question was could he get more out of them! We'll never know because Josh's skills went down the toilet and Gores approved a trade that really screwed us when he brought in Jennings!

Who to stop blaming: Stop blaming Joe! If Joe & Cheeks were so bad, then SVG should be producing, but he's not, everything, and I mean EVERYTHING is regressing!

Somewhere on a tropical island, reclining in a chair relaxing with the biggest and fattest jelly donut you've ever seen, is Joe Dumars, laughing his considerable ass off!

Last edited by Oracle on Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty Guess Rondo Is Another Player You Hate

Post  WTF Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:38 pm

cool breeze wrote:
Oracle wrote:After that great performance by Smart, it won't be long before Rondo is made available, but he may be broke down by now!

it would be a horrible move to make a trade for Rondo. I have been watching him and he is not the same player. The only reason why he gets playing time is to find a sucker for a trade. And I worry that Stan might be the sucker they are looking for in Boston. I have no faith in the coach or his staff right now. I do not think Van Gundy is capable of doing the right thing for this Detroit franchise. However, I will eat my words if Stan previously knew how bad his point guards were and his Three Sons. If he is tanking the season than I will have more faith in him. If he is not playing Spencer or Jerebco much because he wants to lose, then good going coach.

Meanwhile I wonder what the locker room is like these days for the players. It has to be disturbing for everyone especially those who don't get any playing time.

Maybe we should start Kyle at PG or get Knight back because both are far better than some Stinking Rondo. Maybe he just need to get in game shape considering he been out for some time almost 2 seasons.

Maybe it because he and Josh are friends........yeah we need Knight and Kyle I agree
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty When a tree falls in the forest ...

Post  Sebastian Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:12 pm

Does it make a sound? When the Pistons play at the Palace does anybody see the game?

In a walk through victory (98-86) by the Trailblazers over OUR Pistons that took ~1:59, the ticket takers at the Palace reported that there were 12,813 breathing individuals in attendance.

FORUM - Page 34 Attend10

There ain't no way in hell that there were 12,813 people at the Palace, at last night's 19th lost received by OUR Pistons.

I still say that Gores is making plans to sale OUR Pistons to the Seattle ownership group, during the summer of 2016.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty Don Here's Where I'm At With Your Thoughts On Josh

Post  WTF Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:52 pm

Don, I'm no longer arguing or debating your notion that Josh is the reason this team sucks. I don't give a rats ass about the money he makes and everyone's expectation of what he needs to be doing because of what he makes. My opinion is he's not the reason and even if I disliked Josh as a player he still wouldn't be the reason.

If you don't like him and think he's the cause go right ahead knock yourself out, but just like he's not the answer to this team being successful neither are those you rah rah for such as Kyle, JJ or any other role player you think are superstars in the making and the way you ranted on about Knight. Nothing wrong with having favorites obvious Josh is one of mine and not one of yours.

I don't pretend Josh is the greatest player ever, and he may very well not be the answer for this team but this team was screwed up before Josh got here but only you and perhaps some others think he was suppose to fix what's wrong with this team. Keep posting and fabricating your stats, overstating them and creating your own versions of them. You sound more convincing if Kyle or anyone else you cheer for produce what Josh does night in and night so when Kyle can produce more than 5 points in 33 minutes on a consistent basis you might have a valid argument about how great Kyle is.

Fact remains no one single player loses games in a team sport so collectively they all suck ass including all those role players you continuously cheering for. While I see the entire team doing dumb sh!t many of you focus on Josh, or Jennings, and so on. Sowhat Josh makes 13 million a season he must have earned it. Please get over it and get to the meat of what is really happening with this team and it has nothing to do with what Josh makes in salary but if you want to hate him because he make 13 million and don't meet your expectation then great. Obviously he's meeting SVG and met Joe's to be signed in the first place. On the other hand Singler still struggle to produce under 4 coaches along with JJ since being here. I guess it doesn't matter what your thought on Josh really are considering he still starting and still makes 13 million a season.

You don't have to like him.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty DX

Post  Sparma Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:33 pm

Great post, DX. If it's any comfort, we've all been fools along the way. Anyone who claims not to have been can convince me by showing the fortunes earned by predicting the market with uncanny, above the curve, accuracy.

I may be able to top your self-humbling though. I usually watch the games a bit behind real time so I can fastforward through the commercials. Yesterday, having watched the first half and knowing what was coming, I just turned off the TV. What's worse: foolishness or indifference? (and actually I'm guilty of both!)
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty The making of a fool

Post  deusXango Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:56 am

First I believed that Vernon Macklin was the better answer to play alongside Greg Monroe and said it loud and clear; I was obviously wrong.

Next I campaigned for the Pistons to draft Royce White, a lunatic as it turns out, but we wisely passed.

I was on fire with the Josh Smith signing and knew he was the answer for us in the paint, but he was soon joined by Brandon Jennings; broke my heart.

I railed against an Euro League MVP, Luigi Datome , just sitting in mothballs, when the position he played was being shamed on a nightly basis; so what?!

I consistently ran down ball hogging "combo guards" who weren't good for team play, then I got a load of this recent crew.

All these things I'm guilty of on this site, and I'd be remiss to overlook my folly as a Pistons fan and forum poster, but what hurts and shames me more than anything else is the most recent act of stupidity, on my part; the prediction of 41 wins!!! Sh!t, SH!T, SH!!!!!!T. I'm convinced that there's nothing of value I can say about this sorry ass edition of the Detroit Pistons, so I'm done, kaput, finished; I'm going to bury my head in the sand! I don't like feeling like a fool and to hope that things will get better with this team, under this coach is plain foolish.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  cool breeze Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:38 am

Oracle wrote:After that great performance by Smart, it won't be long before Rondo is made available, but he may be broke down by now!

it would be a horrible move to make a trade for Rondo. I have been watching him and he is not the same player. The only reason why he gets playing time is to find a sucker for a trade. And I worry that Stan might be the sucker they are looking for in Boston. I have no faith in the coach or his staff right now. I do not think Van Gundy is capable of doing the right thing for this Detroit franchise. However, I will eat my words if Stan previously knew how bad his point guards were and his Three Sons. If he is tanking the season than I will have more faith in him. If he is not playing Spencer or Jerebco much because he wants to lose, then good going coach.

Meanwhile I wonder what the locker room is like these days for the players. It has to be disturbing for everyone especially those who don't get any playing time.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:30 am

WISEFAN wrote:Yes we need to tear up this team and I mean every single piece of it, from the alleged self-proclaim leader to the Elmer's Glue Guy Singler and everyone of the single potential super stars many fans think are looming on this roster. Ā  This team so is infected like the Night of the Living Dead, Ā World World Z, and most be completely eradicated from the Palace. Ā I can pinpoint what player initially carried this infectious virus into the locker room but they need to burn down the locker room and seal of the ashes and declare it evil grounds. Ā 

Maybe Joe was doing some freaking experiment in the basement of the Palace trying to duplicate 2004 and create a kinder-gentler Larry Brown clone or some crazy shi!t. Ā Maybe it was Joe trying to create all this SG into PG or all the Hybrids players into the next Dennis Rodman but clearly the buffoonery Tayshaun Prince warned of us still is present in the locker room and coaches office. Ā 

While Josh is my favorite I'm not oppose to trading him or anyone else at this point. Ā Do I blame Josh for the team ills "no I don't" and regardless to all the posters that say otherwise it simply not true. Ā  I'm not even sure if SVG is the answer but he at least should have a clean slate to either fu@k up or fix this team in his image. Ā  Its tiresome trying to figure out where this sh!t began and where all the blame should be laid personally I felt the team was affect the very moment Stern said with the second pick in the draft the Detroit Pistons select Darko Milicic. Ā Poor Evil was at work it was clear Ā because what could have made a team on the cusp of winning a title pass on potential stars like Wade, Bosh and Carmelo. Joe had to have made a deal with the Devil to pick Darko in exchange for a title. Ā Come on Darko the name itself reeks of evilness.

I propose trading every single starter for draft picks and gutting the rest of the roster and SVG drafts a entire team new team over the summer. I think with our own lottery pick in hand that can get at least four addition 1st round picks and a handful of early 2nd round picks that we can draft 8 to 9 rookie and find 6 undrafted rookies to field a squad of 15 fresh un-affected bodies. Ā Because I think this whole group of current players have the retard virus if there is such a thing.

[We have the second worse record in the entire NBA at 3-19 this season is all but done and over with!

Wisefan do you really believe that Josh Smith is not the biggest reason why this team is foundering? He is making Super Star money and plays worse than a D League player in almost every respect especially in this last game. He could not compete well with any Portland player last night. He is the guy who is making over 13 mil Wisefan. Singler is making next to nothing but you mention him as being a big player. Singler seldom touches the basketball and no plays have been created for Kyle. The Players who are not a good fit for any NBA team are Josh Smith (because of his contract and what he has showed on the basketball court), Greg Monroe who is as slow as a turtle, Andre Drummond, who is fundamentally unsound and undisciplined which is why he sat the bench in college, KCP who now has the label of The Gunner, and the two inept 2 guards (Jennings and Augustin) who are masquerading as point guards. Finally we have perhaps the worst coach in the NBA right now. I can't think of any current NBA head coach who has done less with his players than Stan the Man.

But the good thing is the Pistons lost again. The bad thing is if Detroit does get a prime time player in the next draft, Stan Van Gundy will be his coach.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty Stan Van Gundy tells the ownership he wants one full season to judge the Big 3

Post  cool breeze Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:19 am

So this is the way Stan Van Gundy approaches coaching a team. For the other players like Jerebco, he more of less says screw you guys. Stan will not change regardless of how his Big 3 plays. That has to be one of the most stupid statements that I have ever heard from any basketball coach. So what is this coaching doing day to day, week to week or month to month. No wonder he has done nothing relating to the offensive sets in the half court offense. Players can stand around a rest under Van Gundy. He cannot break up the Big 3. Of course we fans have had to endure watching the Big 3 in action now for one complete season last year. Stan said he looked at all the game tapes. Did he see any potential in those 3 after spending all that time. I'll bet he never looked at more than two game tapes. This coaching staff has the feel of a bunch of lazy ass men who are just picking up a pay check like the Big 3 players. Last night Kamen kicked all of their asses coming off the bench. And Stan Van Gundy's ace point guards and especially Brandon Jennings was humiliated perhaps more than any game so far. He could do nothing right because Portland actually had a good game play and executed the game plan to show just how bad our players and coaching staff is right now. How about Mathews making a fool out of KCP all night. Pick the position and it was a clear win for the other team. We have no player who could cut it on another team. But Monroe, Smith and Drummond are so inept against good players it is actually funny. Monroe doesn't know how to jump more than 2 inches off the ground. He plays in creeper gear all the time. Drummond is confused on both defense and offense. Smith has lost any resemblance of the athletic high energy player he once was.

Now I want to get to Spencer Dinwiddie. We all watched him play better than either point guard who are getting all the playing time after Jennings hurt his hand. Then nothing. No playing time for Spencer. What did the coaching staff see to warrant the decision not to play this promising player? This decision reminds me of Rick C. in action during Prince's rookie season. Michael Curry was injured in mid season and Prince played about 3 or 4 games and looked so much better than Michael Curry but sure enough, Prince went to the bench for the rest of the season until the 5th playoff game when Curry became injured. If it hadn't been for another Curry injury in that 5th playoff game, perhaps Prince would have been traded or never actually played for the Pistons. Detroit was way behind in that game before Prince came in and Detroit won that game and the rest is history. I watch Steve Kerr in action as a NBA coach and he coaches like a college coach. Stan Van Gundy coaches like a lazy ass NBA coach of the past. And we are stuck with him as well as this group of players. From now on I am going to call the Big 3 "My Three Sons". There is no way those three players should ever play together and all of them should have their minutes reduced to 15 or less per game. Only a loyal Father could love them as basketball players.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty Its Time To Tear It Up

Post  WTF Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:34 am

Yes we need to tear up this team and I mean every single piece of it, from the alleged self-proclaim leader to the Elmer's Glue Guy Singler and everyone of the single potential super stars many fans think are looming on this roster. Ā  This team so is infected like the Night of the Living Dead, Ā World World Z, and most be completely eradicated from the Palace. Ā I can pinpoint what player initially carried this infectious virus into the locker room but they need to burn down the locker room and seal of the ashes and declare it evil grounds. Ā 

Maybe Joe was doing some freaking experiment in the basement of the Palace trying to duplicate 2004 and create a kinder-gentler Larry Brown clone or some crazy shi!t. Ā Maybe it was Joe trying to create all this SG into PG or all the Hybrids players into the next Dennis Rodman but clearly the buffoonery Tayshaun Prince warned of us still is present in the locker room and coaches office. Ā 

While Josh is my favorite I'm not oppose to trading him or anyone else at this point. Ā Do I blame Josh for the team ills "no I don't" and regardless to all the posters that say otherwise it simply not true. Ā  I'm not even sure if SVG is the answer but he at least should have a clean slate to either fu@k up or fix this team in his image. Ā  Its tiresome trying to figure out where this sh!t began and where all the blame should be laid personally I felt the team was affect the very moment Stern said with the second pick in the draft the Detroit Pistons select Darko Milicic. Ā Poor Evil was at work it was clear Ā because what could have made a team on the cusp of winning a title pass on potential stars like Wade, Bosh and Carmelo. Joe had to have made a deal with the Devil to pick Darko in exchange for a title. Ā Come on Darko the name itself reeks of evilness.

I propose trading every single starter for draft picks and gutting the rest of the roster and SVG drafts a entire team new team over the summer. I think with our own lottery pick in hand that can get at least four addition 1st round picks and a handful of early 2nd round picks that we can draft 8 to 9 rookie and find 6 undrafted rookies to field a squad of 15 fresh un-affected bodies. Ā Because I think this whole group of current players have the retard virus if there is such a thing.

[We have the second worse record in the entire NBA at 3-19 this season is all but done and over with!
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty Fennis

Post  Oracle Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:43 am

Fennis Dembo wrote:Anybody up for a ritual Japanese suicide?

If Ā this was Japan back in the day, the entire team would commit hari kari. Ā After suffering thirteen defeats in a row, the disgace would be to much to bear. Ā So each Samurai/Piston Ā would disembowel themselves.

All those of you in favor say, aye. Ā The motion is passed. Ā I will send a sword to the Pistons locker room with instructions. Ā Anybody have a list of Ā available free agents?

They're out worked andĀ out classes, so I've decided a hit man is in order, and here is who I've hired.

FORUM - Page 34 1365181066-arrowg

Yup, the Arrow man himself, a known killer... let the games begin!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty Samurai Night Fever

Post  Fennis Dembo Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:44 pm

Anybody up for a ritual Japanese suicide?

If this was Japan back in the day, the entire team would commit hari kari. After suffering thirteen defeats in a row, the disgace would be to much to bear. So each Samurai/Piston would disembowel themselves.

All those of you in favor say, aye. The motion is passed. I will send a sword to the Pistons locker room with instructions. Anybody have a list of available free agents?

Fennis Dembo

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty Speaking of being available...

Post  Oracle Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:06 pm

After that great performance by Smart, it won't be long before Rondo is made available, but he may be broke down by now!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty Seb..

Post  Oracle Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:02 pm

Sebastian wrote:According to RealGM, the Nets are making D. Will, Iso-Joe, and Brook Lopez available. While reading the comments, I came across a rather complicated trade proposal that was submitted by a commenter.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/235815/Nets-Make-Deron-Williams-Brook-Lopez-Joe-Johnson-Available

The trade proposed has D. Will coming to the Pistons and Josh Smith and Jennings going to the Nets. I personally like the proposal if Cleanthony Early was added as a piece.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=pu8pjyq

Please don't try adding anything!!!

It's surprising anybody would offer us more than a couple of broken coke bottles and made us use them as glasses!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty Nets Make Deron Williams, Brook Lopez, Joe Johnson Available

Post  Sebastian Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:33 pm

According to RealGM, the Nets are making D. Will, Iso-Joe, and Brook Lopez available. While reading the comments, I came across a rather complicated trade proposal that was submitted by a commenter.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/235815/Nets-Make-Deron-Williams-Brook-Lopez-Joe-Johnson-Available

The trade proposed has D. Will coming to the Pistons and Josh Smith and Jennings going to the Nets. I personally like the proposal if Cleanthony Early was added as a piece.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=pu8pjyq
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty Stanley Johnson?

Post  Sebastian Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:57 pm

cool breeze wrote:
Sebastian wrote:I am not attempting to the knock the kid, he surely has room to continue to develop. The player that he reminds me of the most at this juncture of his basketball evolution is Dennis Scott.

I would rather not add a Dennis Scott-type player to OUR roster, if I was GM Stan.

Sebastian last Saturday's game was not an indication of how Stanley Johnson would look in an NBA game. He will be unstoppable in the NBA based on the rules relating to how NBA players defend. I was in attendance at this last game against the Zags. It was amazing how powerful and how old some of the Gonzaga players looked and they play terrific defense that closed down any dribble penetration. There were no fast break points unless a steal was involved. This game was the opposite of any college game that I have seen this season. Both teams had the answers to stop what the other team wanted to do in their offense. You can do this on a college team and that is what makes the college game so much more exciting than the NBA game. If you missed Stanley Johnson play his two last games in the Maui classic, then you have not seen Stanley Johnson. He was MVP and was unstoppable everywhere and on defense. In the NBA he will kill teams with his ability to score on big men in the paint. He has a great first step and can drive under control well and can shoot it from the outside. He was horrible in this last game but did play better in the 2nd half. I suspect that Stanley will figure how to dominate most games towards the end of this season. At first I didn't like Stanley at all but watching him in person for several times, I see something special that wasn't in Derek Williams. Remember that Stanley Johnson has never lost a championship in his entire life. He was the MVP on 4 high school championship teams playing different positions. He played some point guard in high school and could be a good point forward in the NBA. As must as I don't want the Pistons to draft a small forward with their first round pick because of issues at other positions, Stanley Johnson will be a sure thing if he doesn't get injured. If you ever watched Duane Wade play in college, you would not know that he was such a force. He blended into his college team and did what was needed most. But everything was there to make him a star player. Most college coaches who played against him knew it. But Joe Dumars didn't know. the worst mistake a GM can make is when you don't know that you don't know. You don't do the hard digging so you are content with the knowledge you think you have. That is a perfect description of Joe Dumars in his role as a GM.

I will continue to follow the kid, Stanley Johnson. I realize how confining the college game can be. Thanks for providing the U of A game announcements. I'll be sure to check him out.

I was all for the Joe drafting Dwayne Wade in the '03 NBA Draft; stardom was written all over Dwayne Wade when he was a member of the Marquette Warriors. He was easily identifiable as a leader in my mind. Believe it or not, there was an army of people who use to post at the old Detroit News Pistons board who thought drafting Darko was a good idea. facepalm
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty Oracle is right ...

Post  Sebastian Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:45 pm

Oracle wrote:

WE are f@cked!
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:07 pm

Oracle wrote:DX thinks Zack could have helped Monroe develop his midrange game, but Don disagrees!

That is hard to say either way, but IMO, that's not where Zack would have helped Monroe & the rest of the team.

Good to great players have something missing from this team! We saw it last night with Smart as the Celtics almost beat the Wizards in OT - 'This Kid's For Real': Smart Inspires C's ComebackĀ 

Zack knows what it takes in intensity, drive and just plain guts to win in this league!

Good to great players are born with this, other players need to learn it, and that more than anything is where a Vet capable of leading on the floor is most valuable!

That level of intensity is as contagious as is LOSING, and that's what we're seeing with these guys! They know how to lose any game in a million ways, but they haven't figured out how to gut out a win and what it takes to do that.

SVG brought in players either past their prime or guys that never were that type of player, but played with guys that had it.

Meeks may not be our savior, but if he does have that one quality that Kobe has, that never die intensity, it may help a little bit, and get us wins against bottom feeders who are kicking our collective asses right now!

Very good job here Oracle relating to your description good to great players. I think that there is not doubt this Piston team has no one player on the team who is the kind of player who is born with a certain something that separates them from the pack. And we have no good player who is really in their PRIME or at the top of their game at this period of time. Some players are past their prime and others are not as good as they can be yet and for many players because of their lack of work ethic, will never reach their potential. Detroit needs one alpha type player close to his prime so the rest of the herd can follow. If a player like Jerebco were traded to Cleveland with Labron running the team, I have no doubt that Jerebco would be the talk of the NBA. He would show the stuff he had in his first season as a Piston. This player has been beaten down so much by different coaching staffs that he will need to leave to become as good as he can be. I watch his footwork and am amazed that a big guy can actually be that coordinated. It means nothing of course because all eyes have been on the 13 million dollar man regardless of what happens on the court. Yet Smith is not the cause of all Piston problems. But the lack of a sharp alpha point guard is a huge problem. How long will Stan Van Gundy need to watch his two trusted point guards???? The team can live with one of those players but not two.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty Don & DX on Zack helping Monroe

Post  Oracle Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:58 pm

DX thinks Zack could have helped Monroe develop his midrange game, but Don disagrees!

That is hard to say either way, but IMO, that's not where Zack would have helped Monroe & the rest of the team.

Good to great players have something missing from this team! We saw it last night with Smart as the Celtics almost beat the Wizards in OT - 'This Kid's For Real': Smart Inspires C's ComebackĀ 

Zack knows what it takes in intensity, drive and just plain guts to win in this league!

Good to great players are born with this, other players need to learn it, and that more than anything is where a Vet capable of leading on the floor is most valuable!

That level of intensity is as contagious as is LOSING, and that's what we're seeing with these guys! They know how to lose any game in a million ways, but they haven't figured out how to gut out a win and what it takes to do that.

SVG brought in players either past their prime or guys that never were that type of player, but played with guys that had it.

Meeks may not be our savior, but if he does have that one quality that Kobe has, that never die intensity, it may help a little bit, and get us wins against bottom feeders who are kicking our collective asses right now!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty Seb, the only question is at what point in the game will the soap be dropped?

Post  Oracle Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:40 pm

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty Woser, I agree with Don, this is brilliant!!!

Post  Oracle Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:24 pm

deusXango wrote:Y'all remember the "Jail Blazer" who came to Detroit and pushed us over the top and went on to become one of the most beloved Pistons of all time? Who remembers Mark Aguirre, Bill Laimbeer, Rick Mahorn or the great Isiah Lord Thomas? Players hated around the league, but were exceptional on the floor. These weren't nice guys, but they were winners for us. Oops, players started marching into Joe Dumars office, complaining about their coach, and suddenly "good character" became an issue with the Pistons.

At a time when we could've/should've started retooling by bringing "home" one of the most promising young big men in the league (Zach Randolph) we passed because of alleged character issues, in spite of the fact Rasheed and McDyess were on their last legs. Where could we be if Monroe had the chance to play his career in Detroit alongside Z-Bo instead of Maxiell? Maybe Monroe would've developed an effective 15 foot jump shot by now. Gasol did. Ibaka did. Why couldn't Monroe? The ripple effect of reaching for good character guys over great basketball players. Austin Daye was a good character guy...good character seemed to translate into mediocre for us.

KCP ain't "light in his slippers," but he's not a consistently reliable starter....he's a tremendous backup SG! Throw out the talk about character and Dion Waiters makes damn good sense, for us. He's probably the only player that Cleveland is willing to trade in conference, not because of talent or character, but because of their need for a reliable backup big man. Jonas Jerebko? Joel Anthony? Both are expiring, as is Tristan Thompson, but this ain't about the Cavs, it's about our current shooting guard issues. I'm taking Waiters over all the options we have in our rotation right now, maybe over F@ckin' Jodie Meeks, whenever he returns!

Good character? What about suspicious character? Who's the starting PG for the Lakers? Would they consider Jennings over Lin? I'd take Lin over Jennings here! I think that's a win-win trade. SVG can play Lin and Augustin anyway he wants to as long as he gives Dinwiddie 20-25 minutes a game, from here on out. Our backcourt is in need of a significant upgrade in I.Q. and efficiency.

DX, what else can I say, I'm behind you 100%!!!

Not only would Monroe be a MUCH better player, but having ZBo would have made those teams a hell of a lot more competitive! IMO, we would have been looking at a completely different rebuild!

KCP is a starter on a young rebuilding team, but a backup if you've got a Waiters caliber SG. I've thought for a year or two that we should have been targeting Waiters, and now, Cleveland really don't need him and would move him for something interesting, but likely they want a pick because they don't need more players.

The last tidbit isn't as obvious as the previous, but right on target none the less. I'd take Lin over Jennings in a heartbeat and never look back! Lin is much better offensively and about the same defensively(although the defensive weaknesses are not the same).

One last thing on KCP. KCP would be a lot better if he was used correctly! Wise voiced this better than anyone else when he detailed how KCP is a scorer, not a simple spot up 3 point specialist, which appears to be what everyone wants him to be, from Joe to SVG! Of course, he'll likely fade into the woodwork as one track mind SVG getsĀ Jodie "Our Savior" Meeks back this week!

Simply a great post my man!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:05 pm

Sebastian wrote:I am not attempting to the knock the kid, he surely has room to continue to develop. The player that he reminds me of the most at this juncture of his basketball evolution is Dennis Scott.

I would rather not add a Dennis Scott-type player to OUR roster, if I was GM Stan.

Sebastian last Saturday's game was not an indication of how Stanley Johnson would look in an NBA game. He will be unstoppable in the NBA based on the rules relating to how NBA players defend. I was in attendance at this last game against the Zags. It was amazing how powerful and how old some of the Gonzaga players looked and they play terrific defense that closed down any dribble penetration. There were no fast break points unless a steal was involved. This game was the opposite of any college game that I have seen this season. Both teams had the answers to stop what the other team wanted to do in their offense. You can do this on a college team and that is what makes the college game so much more exciting than the NBA game. If you missed Stanley Johnson play his two last games in the Maui classic, then you have not seen Stanley Johnson. He was MVP and was unstoppable everywhere and on defense. In the NBA he will kill teams with his ability to score on big men in the paint. He has a great first step and can drive under control well and can shoot it from the outside. He was horrible in this last game but did play better in the 2nd half. I suspect that Stanley will figure how to dominate most games towards the end of this season. At first I didn't like Stanley at all but watching him in person for several times, I see something special that wasn't in Derek Williams. Remember that Stanley Johnson has never lost a championship in his entire life. He was the MVP on 4 high school championship teams playing different positions. He played some point guard in high school and could be a good point forward in the NBA. As must as I don't want the Pistons to draft a small forward with their first round pick because of issues at other positions, Stanley Johnson will be a sure thing if he doesn't get injured. If you ever watched Duane Wade play in college, you would not know that he was such a force. He blended into his college team and did what was needed most. But everything was there to make him a star player. Most college coaches who played against him knew it. But Joe Dumars didn't know. the worst mistake a GM can make is when you don't know that you don't know. You don't do the hard digging so you are content with the knowledge you think you have. That is a perfect description of Joe Dumars in his role as a GM.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:50 pm

deusXango wrote:Y'all remember the "Jail Blazer" who came to Detroit and pushed us over the top and went on to become one of the most beloved Pistons of all time? Who remembers Mark Aguirre, Bill Laimbeer, Rick Mahorn or the great Isiah Lord Thomas? Players hated around the league, but were exceptional on the floor. These weren't nice guys, but they were winners for us. Oops, players started marching into Joe Dumars office, complaining about their coach, and suddenly "good character" became an issue with the Pistons.

At a time when we could've/should've started retooling by bringing "home" one of the most promising young big men in the league (Zach Randolph) we passed because of alleged character issues, in spite of the fact Rasheed and McDyess were on their last legs. Where could we be if Monroe had the chance to play his career in Detroit alongside Z-Bo instead of Maxiell? Maybe Monroe would've developed an effective 15 foot jump shot by now. Gasol did. Ibaka did. Why couldn't Monroe? The ripple effect of reaching for good character guys over great basketball players. Austin Daye was a good character guy...good character seemed to translate into mediocre for us.

KCP ain't "light in his slippers," but he's not a consistently reliable starter....he's a tremendous backup SG! Throw out the talk about character and Dion Waiters makes damn good sense, for us. He's probably the only player that Cleveland is willing to trade in conference, not because of talent or character, but because of their need for a reliable backup big man. Jonas Jerebko? Joel Anthony? Both are expiring, as is Tristan Thompson, but this ain't about the Cavs, it's about our current shooting guard issues. I'm taking Waiters over all the options we have in our rotation right now, maybe over F@ckin' Jodie Meeks, whenever he returns!

Good character? What about suspicious character? Who's the starting PG for the Lakers? Would they consider Jennings over Lin? I'd take Lin over Jennings here! I think that's a win-win trade. SVG can play Lin and Augustin anyway he wants to as long as he gives Dinwiddie 20-25 minutes a game, from here on out. Our backcourt is in need of a significant upgrade in I.Q. and efficiency.

dX this is a near brilliant post. Zach Randolph would have been a great pick up at the time. And I also was pissed with the subject came up about Randloph's alleged character issues. It seems that the people in charge have short memories. As if Rasheed Wallace didn't get caught several times doing stupid things when he was on other teams before his stint in Detroit. And which player who finished his career with the Pistons was stopped on his way to practice by police while smoking dope when he played in Washington? Joe Dumars was too impressed with Jason Maxiell. But I have my doubts that Greg Monroe would have ever developed any ability to defend anyone even if Randolph had joined the Pistons. His last outing was beyond belief for me. He was watching again in defense as if he was afraid to go down around the basket to mix it up with anyone. He doesn't want to get hurt. It could cost him more money relating to his next contract. Watch Monroe he is so careful as if he might step on some broken glass. His lack of interest in getting a defensive rebound was incredible. What is the old creed of a good coach. A good coach tells his players that playing the game should never be about winning. It should be about playing as hard as you can play as a team and individually while playing smart. You can feel satisfaction if you lose but did everything you could possibly do and played as a team to the best of your ability. Our Pistons and Greg Monroe fail and Monroe has failed since he has been a Piston. He has never reached his potential as a player and this has affected the way his team has looked. It was never more pronounced than in this last game Monroe played. He was directly responsible for the Piston's opponent getting 14 second chance opportunities.

Your trade proposals would be really good for the Pistons. Would they take Monroe for Dion? I suspect they would rather have Jerebco and that would be a great break for Jonas. He would thrive on that Cleveland team playing on a Labron team that features team orientated basketball.

I also agree with your thoughts that Lin would be a huge upgrade over Jennings or Augustin. I would prefer getting Jennings off this Piston team. His relationship with Smith is bothersome for me. I noticed in the last game that when Smith went to the bench, Jennings then refused to pass the basketball to anyone for two straight possessions and went solo trying to score. There is something really wrong with Jennings basketball mind. He has potential to be a decent player that is if he had any idea what it takes to play average NBA defense. But Jennings is and always be just another AAU stud who never developed into a complete basketball player. Get Lin because he will be a good spirit for the team. He is team orientated and we need at least one who plays point guard. I still say that this team would have looked much better if Van Gundy had kept Siva and started him. Jennings and Augustin are that bad for this team.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty Get the Jelly Ready ...

Post  Sebastian Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:54 am

Did any of my Pistons Pals get the opportunity to see two, real NBA teams go at it, last night? The Clippers beat the Suns in overtime with a last second, three-point shot by Blake Griffin; Clippers 121, Suns, 120 . Blake was a man, last night, scoring 45 points on elbow jumpers, dunks, bully moves on the low-block and 15-17 from the line. Chris Paul was 20 and 10 and running sh!t in the halfcourt and at the end of quarters. J.J. Riddick performing his Rip Hamilton impressions with 17 pts, 4 rbs., and 3 assist. (Note: I'm no J.J. Reddick fan, but I've read where someone has written that Singler is as good as J.J. Reddick. This is not a true statement.) Doc Rivers is coaching a team that has championship aspirations.

The Suns had the Morris twins, scoring from two spots on the floor at the same time. Truth be told, the Morris twins as a package deal is probably the smartest money spent in the NBA. Eric Bledsoe had an explosive, triple-double game (27 pts, 11 rbs, 16 rbs); Dragic played his usually aggressive game (17 pts., 8 ast., 3 rbs., 2 stls.). The Suns is a team that you can't run away from, they will come back if down, and when they get a lead, they will runaway from you.

Tonight WE face another Western Conference team that is preparing to still be playing in late May.

On Friday, OUR Pistons will find that they can't run with the Suns in Phoenix. Saturday on the second-half of a back-to-back against the Kings, WE better hope that DeMarcus Cousins has not returned. Then on Monday, WE travel to LA to play the Clippers.

Get the petroleum jelly ready, fellas.

FORUM - Page 34 Vaseli11
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty This ain't "nice" ball, it's basketball!

Post  deusXango Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:12 am

Y'all remember the "Jail Blazer" who came to Detroit and pushed us over the top and went on to become one of the most beloved Pistons of all time? Who remembers Mark Aguirre, Bill Laimbeer, Rick Mahorn or the great Isiah Lord Thomas? Players hated around the league, but were exceptional on the floor. These weren't nice guys, but they were winners for us. Oops, players started marching into Joe Dumars office, complaining about their coach, and suddenly "good character" became an issue with the Pistons.

deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next