Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+10
merc
Oracle
lemonpen
Go Stones!
FlyDog
Sissy1946
Murph
deusXango
WTF
Fennis Dembo
14 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Deus

Post  FlyDog Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:18 pm

Gerald Green is a great stop-gap idea for this team.  I think he would be perfect.  For now.  I always liked how he played.

Last edited by FlyDog on Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Ron Wallace)
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Scrub Watch Alert

Post  WTF Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:17 pm

deusXango wrote:I'm convinced that no one's going to give Datome any credit, no matter what he does, or how effective he plays....predisposition is a mother! When I started championing Datome, it was because Singler was sucking to high heaven (who honestly recalls the first dozen games this year?) and Gigi wasn't even given scrap minutes in blowouts! Butler was the every other game man, who was and is inconsistent as a backup SF, so why not search for a way to maximize the combined talent you have? The same fans who don't want Datome to be given a fair chance, fall silent when talk of bringing in an upgrade for SF is mentioned. I've felt like I was in a world I didn't even understand when inferences that Singler was a better prospect than Quincy Miller were made and Gerald Green's not commented on at all. Yeah, let's charge into the playoffs with Singler and Butler sharing major minutes at SF.

Did anyone catch our boy on national cable T.V. last night? Yep, Kyle Singler made the big time and was discussed by some basketball greats (Sir Charles, Kenny "the Jet," and Shaq) complete with film; yeah, he made "Shaqtin' A Fool." Our basketball big brain got the rock and was leading a break, all cool like, and for some insane reason decided on a no-look bounce pass to a wing who was filling the lane; it would've been nice, only no one was there, but a defender who led a fast break going the other way. It would've been priceless if we weren't in the midst of a winning spell and nationwide reporters are talking about how badly Detroit needs a competent SF....only a few local fans are blinded to the fact that we're hurting there and need an upgrade.

Cut Datome today, but sign Miller, or trade for Gerald Green or Wilson Chandler; do something before we reach the playoffs or fail because of ineptness.

Come on DX, you know the only one with a Love Jones for Singler is our bud Don aka Cool Breeze lol I have no issue with trading for Green in fact I think I suggested it early on as far back as the summer. Both Batum and Green were my choices in several suggested trade scenario's in ridding us of Moose before he inked that QO.

Predisposition? Man I'm not sold on a single SF we have, I'm not sold on Datome or Miller. I'm tired of second hand players and hand me down role players and I refuse to fall into that trap of thing every time we get one they're going to turn from ugly duckling to sex swan. I understand why you and Seb don't pump those brakes on a player that was cut and spinning his heels in the D-League. He wouldn't be there if he was as great as you both make him out to be. But I do understand that anything seems almost better than what we have currently at SF.

BTW Don made a excuse for Singler's fast-break blunder lol

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty I got to defend my boy, and keep things in perspective.

Post  deusXango Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:59 pm

I'm convinced that no one's going to give Datome any credit, no matter what he does, or how effective he plays....predisposition is a mother! When I started championing Datome, it was because Singler was sucking to high heaven (who honestly recalls the first dozen games this year?) and Gigi wasn't even given scrap minutes in blowouts! Butler was the every other game man, who was and is inconsistent as a backup SF, so why not search for a way to maximize the combined talent you have? The same fans who don't want Datome to be given a fair chance, fall silent when talk of bringing in an upgrade for SF is mentioned. I've felt like I was in a world I didn't even understand when inferences that Singler was a better prospect than Quincy Miller were made and Gerald Green's not commented on at all. Yeah, let's charge into the playoffs with Singler and Butler sharing major minutes at SF.

Did anyone catch our boy on national cable T.V. last night? Yep, Kyle Singler made the big time and was discussed by some basketball greats (Sir Charles, Kenny "the Jet," and Shaq) complete with film; yeah, he made "Shaqtin' A Fool." Our basketball big brain got the rock and was leading a break, all cool like, and for some insane reason decided on a no-look bounce pass to a wing who was filling the lane; it would've been nice, only no one was there, but a defender who led a fast break going the other way. It would've been priceless if we weren't in the midst of a winning spell and nationwide reporters are talking about how badly Detroit needs a competent SF....only a few local fans are blinded to the fact that we're hurting there and need an upgrade.

Cut Datome today, but sign Miller, or trade for Gerald Green or Wilson Chandler; do something before we reach the playoffs or fail because of ineptness.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  FlyDog Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:32 pm

Sissy1946 wrote:
FlyDog wrote:
Sissy1946 wrote:Datome was 5-11 for15 points, 3-5 on 3's, a good start as the Grand Rapids Drive move on to the next round of their tourney yesterday. Spencer Dinwiddie added 10 points.

Hi Sissy, it seems that this is like the Tigers trying to decide whether to keep Don Kelly or Quinton Berry.  I want neither.  Let's bring in some REAL SF's instead.

Fly: Wouldn't want either of those either but we do have a few like that so let's let them find out where they are & either unload them or find out just what they have, bringing in real SF would be great but that's another move that SVG isn't ready to make yet.
Here's another small thing, couldn't SVG gotten rid of Smith earlier than he did if he was that much of a disaster? Couldn't Datone/Dinwiddie have been sent to GR earlier? Lots of questions now being asked so with Datome/Dinwiddie being sent down some will say about time, this could have been fixed earlier.

I guess some of that is true Sissy, but I can't blame SVG for taking his time, trying to figure out this roster. Whether or not we agree with some of his decisions regarding certain players, I do think that he has taken a solid approach in his business so far in the larger scope of things. I certainly wasn't expecting him to walk into a trainwreck and fix the twisted carnage before he at least sifted through the bodies first.

I am also keeping in mind the fact that I have been watching from a safe distance for a couple years now, and have already completed the grieving process. You guys who have been strapped into the chair for the waterboarding given to Pistons fans over the last couple years are obviously more passionate for things to turn around for the franchise RIGHT NOW. In other words, I haven't ranted and raved for a couple years, so personally, I am more willing to give this thing some time.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty What of Rivers, and what of Rivers...

Post  Oracle Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:42 pm

Doc Rivers, like SVG, has dual titles! While the jury is still out on SVG, Doc is looking crazy as hell!

Article wrote:Let's focus on Austin for just a moment before taking on the larger questions about Doc's success. A team with a glaring weakness on the wing gave up a pair of players at that position and a 2017 second-round pick to bring in a combo guard with zero track record of NBA success.

Rivers' real plus-minus ranks 86th among qualifying shooting guards this season, per ESPN.com. He's hitting 28 percent of his threes and 38.7 percent of his shots from the field.

In over 3,500 NBA minutes, Rivers has posted a true shooting percentage of 46.2 percent. He's one of just 20 players in the last 30 years to score that ineffectively over that many minutes, per Basketball-Reference.com.

There is no viable basketball reason to make this trade. Even if you make the nearly impossible argument that Rivers will somehow help the Clippers backcourt, his arrival weakened them at a position that was far more vulnerable to start with.

And it cost them a pick to boot.

A lot more here - Doc Rivers Falls Short Shaping Los Angeles Clippers into Title Contenders
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Lemonpen

Post  Sissy1946 Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:33 pm

lemonpen wrote:
Sissy1946 wrote:Datome was 5-11 for15 points, 3-5 on 3's, a good start as the Grand Rapids Drive move on to the next round of their tourney yesterday. Spencer Dinwiddie added 10 points.

Sissy,  unless something changed in the 2nd half Gigi appeared a bit timid on the defensive end.  He didn't seem overly eager to engage.  His body English was that of someone trying avoid  contact.   Hope I'm wrong.  I intend to watch another of our DL
games.

Lemonpen: And those could be 3 answers of yes, yes & yes but he hasn't played in awhile, I'm not here to defend but to look at him like most, I just happen to like him & his skills & wished he has the chance to show more, he scored 15 last night & was happy for his first game action in a while.
Was he timid! Probably yes, eager to engage: I didn't see that or the body language of not trying to engage, to me he looked like he was trying to get loose, build up conditioning for lack of playing time.
Let's like you said  see another game or two & maybe we'll know more. Like Fly said about Don Kelley or Quinton Berry & not wanting either of them, but isn't there always a place for a good fill in or a Datome who could give you maybe 10-15 points off the bench, can he do that? SVG will finally let us know by keeping or releasing him which would finally be fair to all & any fans.
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Hey Fly

Post  Sissy1946 Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:12 pm

FlyDog wrote:

Hi Sissy, it seems that this is like the Tigers trying to decide whether to keep Don Kelly or Quinton Berry.  I want neither.  Let's bring in some REAL SF's instead.

Fly: Wouldn't want either of those either but we do have a few like that so let's let them find out where they are & either unload them or find out just what they have, bringing in real SF would be great but that's another move that SVG isn't ready to make yet.
Here's another small thing, couldn't SVG gotten rid of Smith earlier than he did if he was that much of a disaster? Couldn't Datone/Dinwiddie have been sent to GR earlier? Lots of questions now being asked so with Datome/Dinwiddie being sent down some will say about time, this could have been fixed earlier.
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Gigi

Post  lemonpen Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:58 pm

Sissy, unless something changed in the 2nd half Gigi appeared a bit timid on the defensive end. He didn't seem overly eager to engage. His body English was that of someone trying avoid contact. Hope I'm wrong. I intend to watch another of our DL games.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Oooooh.........Watch Out Lebron

Post  FlyDog Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:07 pm

Hi Sissy, it seems that this is like the Tigers trying to decide whether to keep Don Kelly or Quinton Berry. I want neither. Let's bring in some REAL SF's instead.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Datome Scores 15 & Dinwiddie 10

Post  Sissy1946 Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:44 pm

Datome was 5-11 for15 points, 3-5 on 3's, a good start as the Grand Rapids Drive move on to the next round of their tourney yesterday. Spencer Dinwiddie added 10 points.
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Enjoy the Breeze

Post  Sissy1946 Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:37 pm

cool breeze wrote:
merc wrote:IMO, one of the toughest jobs is to come in for shorts minutes and perform at a high level... if you can find these guys hang on to them (JJ)...
Datome could very well go to another team and perform well if given a steady diet of 15+ minutes... so far he hasn't shown the ability to play well as a small pt player... his first legit test is the D-league

If Datome is such a fantastic player as some posters believe then why didn't he show it when he was given opportunities in the past. Why didn't he show it in practice against other Piston players he is competing for playing time with? This is all nonsense and based on pure speculation to create discord with what the coaches have decided. Ask yourself, do you know You know more  than the coaches about this foreign player Datome? I admit that I don't know more than Stan Van Gundy who is around this team every day or the previous coaching staffs that didn't play Datome. One thing I do know. The Pistons need a good defender at the small forward position. Datome is not a good defender. The offense is designed for scoring to come from Monroe, the shooting guards, KCP and Meeks, and the two point guards. No plays are in place for the small forwards because they serve a different function for the team. Datome has never shown that he can score in any of the games he has played in. He was known as a good shooter in Euro ball where nobody plays defense. More power to Datome if he develops into a good defender and scorer in the D League. That is where he must prove himself and then maybe he has a chance to succeed in the NBA.  
Cool: We both know that Datome was limited last year because first their coaches, Frank, Cheeks, Loyer don't seem to be a good judge of talent collectively, since he's been there & even SVG to, he had bits & pieces of playing time & not the enjoyment of having a 10-15 game stretch of solid playing time & now he's being brought to the forefront & might be given an actual chance instead of being injured or shoved into no win situations like he has before, the Roll has to be Slowed here on Luigi, all his fans are asking for is a Real Chance & if you followed his playing time then you'll know he didn't get the proper chances either from the 3 before Stan plus Stan, he will be now, this way & it's been long overdue from SVG he'll get a chance to show & shut some of us up about him even on both sides, if he sucks then no biggie but do we all really know that yet? No we don't but we will know soon so let's all relax & let a few fans enjoy the fact that we might think he's better than some think & is finally going to get a solid chance. Isn't that what's  it's all about?
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:40 am

merc wrote:IMO, one of the toughest jobs is to come in for shorts minutes and perform at a high level... if you can find these guys hang on to them (JJ)...
Datome could very well go to another team and perform well if given a steady diet of 15+ minutes... so far he hasn't shown the ability to play well as a small pt player... his first legit test is the D-league

If Datome is such a fantastic player as some posters believe then why didn't he show it when he was given opportunities in the past. Why didn't he show it in practice against other Piston players he is competing for playing time with? This is all nonsense and based on pure speculation to create discord with what the coaches have decided. Ask yourself, do you know You know more than the coaches about this foreign player Datome? I admit that I don't know more than Stan Van Gundy who is around this team every day or the previous coaching staffs that didn't play Datome. One thing I do know. The Pistons need a good defender at the small forward position. Datome is not a good defender. The offense is designed for scoring to come from Monroe, the shooting guards, KCP and Meeks, and the two point guards. No plays are in place for the small forwards because they serve a different function for the team. Datome has never shown that he can score in any of the games he has played in. He was known as a good shooter in Euro ball where nobody plays defense. More power to Datome if he develops into a good defender and scorer in the D League. That is where he must prove himself and then maybe he has a chance to succeed in the NBA.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Should fans rush to judgment relating to the Pelicans game?

Post  cool breeze Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:27 am

After more reflection, I have decided that it is stupid to make much of the blowout loss two nights ago. Many fans are determined that a lineup change is necessary but three things should be considered. First off, I didn't know that Andre Drummond has been suffering from an illness. 2nd we must consider that all players can be victims of ridiculous schedules players have to face. playing an NBA game is a bitch on your body. And this Piston team was playing their 4th game in 6 nights mixed in with travel. Finally our Pistons did outplay the Pelicans in the 3rd and 4th quarters. Shots were still not falling but our guys gave a hard effort in the 2nd half. They didn't give up.

Many fans are 30 pounds over weight and demand excellence but have no idea the reality of fatigue or the peaks and valleys athletes go through relating to their stamina. Many of us in this forum do know what it takes to be an athlete and how tough it is to play when you are sick or injured. I have continued staying in outstanding shape by switching to marathon training for several decades now. I have been lucky but also have compassion for even athletes who get paid millions of dollars.

This group of Pistons have come together and we have watched some great basketball over the past few weeks. They had one bad game two nights ago with all players not playing up to their normal abilities relating to shooting the ball or defending. It is the flu season. We have no Anthony Davis or a point guard like the Pelicans but our guys won the 3rd and 4th quarters after playing 4 games in 6 nights. How is that for a positive spin? Why not pull for these players to have good fortune? I expect more valleys and more peaks this season. Before the Josh Smith release, we were in a continual valley all of last season and one third of this season. And that statement is not intended to blame Smith for anything. I hope the fans keep turning out to support this team and smart decisions will be made by Piston management to continue to build a winner in Detroit. The Pelicans exploited weaknesses with our big men but Drummond was not 100% in that game. This opponent also showed Piston fans that our two point guards have great defensive weaknesses and lack of size. But I believe the New Orleans is on their way to becoming an elite team in the NBA. We are a work in process with players that have had big hearts over the past few weeks. Keep it up!

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty S5

Post  Oracle Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:45 am

Phil1980boy wrote:1. Jennings
2. Meeks
3. KCP
4. Monroe
5. Drummonds.

Phillip, that's not half bad, a tad small, but we could start Singler or Butler if the SF is too big for KCP.

But I like the energy that unit would have, while not decimating the bench too much!

BTW, getting Singler out of the starting unit, frees him up to kick the crap out of those 2nd unit SF's!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty So what have we learned, if nothing else childrens???

Post  Oracle Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:38 am

1. Wise is one mean nasty $#^#%*$#

2. Datome is being treated unfairly by SVG, who's hiding his great talent, and close to divine intervention may be required! Joe is using his famous shoe phone to contact the Pope... hopefully not the one playing SG for the Pistons. Don't laugh, if I had a nickel for every wrong number Joe got in the last 5 years...........

3. Sissy is as funny as hell, he had me rolling with that first funny lol lol lol lol

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On to real news: Reports: Thunder to nab Nets’ Lopez in three-team trade

Wow, this is a big time trade for the Thunder, and really gets them back into the conversation in the west!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Starting 5

Post  Phil-Good Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:56 pm

1. Jennings

2. Meeks

3. KCP

4. Monroe

5. Drummonds.

That's your best 5 players....

KCP or Meeks will get extended minutes as the other guy goes to the bench.

This would be A great opportunity to work in the rookie Dinwiddie as the PG/SG off the pine.
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Datome 2-2 1st quarter

Post  Sissy1946 Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:27 pm

Datome's First shot ripped a 3, 2nd shot a Deuce for 5 points. Dinwiddie: 4 points. End of 1st Quarter.
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Deus/Sissy Comedy Tour coming

Post  Sissy1946 Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:05 pm

We're leaving on a Merc's Jet Plane, don't know when we'll be back again, oh dear we hate to go, maybe we could get Wise & Merc to go with us in support of laughs, Deus: Why I Outta, Woo-Wooo-Woooo-
Look out Las Vegas. We'll start the show with Wise coming out with his "Brickhouse" Routine & bring Luigi out in his Linguine Suit singing "I've had the time of my Life" with his shirt saying "I Can Play this Game", Put me in Coach.
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:04 pm

Sissy1946 wrote:
deusXango wrote:Fellas, we've had a damn good morning discussion, IMHO, and I for one thoroughly enjoyed it!! This is the fire that winning stokes...can't wait til tonight when the Drive play.

GO PISTONS!!!

Deus: Think we could all go out for a good steak dinner with Wise & discuss all this but am afraid he'd have to bring his pal Josh, if he did he's buyin' & if not Wise is Buyin'......ha!
Maybe we'd have to bring Oracle to make sure Josh doesn't hog the steaks, oh, somebody slap me. I can't do no more, Josh, can you pass the worchestshire, Smith from 29 feet, Clang! Two tables down.
clap
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:03 pm

IMO, one of the toughest jobs is to come in for shorts minutes and perform at a high level... if you can find these guys hang on to them (JJ)...
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty LMAO!!!!!!

Post  WTF Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:58 pm

Sissy1946 wrote:
deusXango wrote:Fellas, we've had a damn good morning discussion, IMHO, and I for one thoroughly enjoyed it!! This is the fire that winning stokes...can't wait til tonight when the Drive play.

GO PISTONS!!!

Deus: Think we could all go out for a good steak dinner with Wise & discuss all this but am afraid he'd have to bring his pal Josh, if he did he's buyin' & if not Wise is Buyin'......ha!
Maybe we'd have to bring Oracle to make sure Josh doesn't hog the steaks, oh, somebody slap me. I can't do no more, Josh, can you pass the worchestshire, Smith from 29 feet, Clang! Two tables down.

lol lol lol lol
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:57 pm

Hopefully we can all agree that changes are needed at SF (except Don).... I'm ok waiting til the FA season... first thing is to throw a large contract at Tobias Harris... if he doesn't accept go to Butler then Leonard... gotta be careful tying up committed $'s to Leonard early on as the Spurs are likely to match.
There's a good chance we're looking for a new PF also.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Every GM & Coach Has Their Own Beliefs

Post  WTF Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:56 pm

deusXango wrote:DX, what proof do you have that Datome could be used when three coaches have passed on playing him regularly (Cheeks, Loyer and SVG).-Wise Fan
I have no proof, anymore than anyone else, of Datome's worth or lack thereof, but 2 of the 3 coaches you've pointed out, that Datome has played for in less that one and a half years, were knuckleheads; their records speak for themselves! That leaves us with SVG, who has not been without blemishes, of all sorts, in his short time as Pistons head coach and we've not reached the halfway point of the season; is it at all possible that Datome is one of SVG's miscalculations, or is he dead on with Singler and Butler? I'm a simple man, with a simple mind, I can understand a simple "yes" or "no."

I don't think he's dead on with any of them IMHO. But if had to guess I don't think any coach would not play a player if he could provide assistance in winning games. Even the bevy of Knuckleheads we had coaching in the past few seasons.

Though I hated Josh being waived I have to give SVG a sh!t load of props for being both GM and Coach enough to make such a bold move. It showed a lot of balls so I'm not going to second guess him on the likes of role players and 1th-15th on this roster and how they're being used or not used. IMO sometimes it just simply a player can't play or meet the expectation of a coach.

I understand SVG reasoning for Butler, SVG has all the data to go back on justify signing him and having him on the roster. I can understand SVG reasons for playing Kyle and that's because he has a body of work though not great to justify playing Kyle as well. Dinwiddie belongs to SVG that's his selection so I can live with how he's handling him. So is Butler, Augustin and Meeks but not much else we all find worthwhile belongs to SVG and I'm always saying this but this is still Joe's team until SVG put his players in place. I'm not sure if half of these players would have been on this team if SVG was here 4 seasons ago.

What's going on here is generally typical stuff as far as coaching, and how a newly acquire GM runs his team. I can't trash SVG this early on though I raised an eyebrow once or twice (how he handle Monroe and the release of Josh). One thing I do know is that SVG needs time to put in his pieces while he continue to assess what here. SVG could have walk through the door and decided he just don't like Datome and I'm okay with that because he's a role player.

I might not get into a full bashing of SVG for another 2 seasons about his decision making, if you notice I didn't make a fuss about his Josh decision and I didn't kill him on letting Moose sign that QO and that's because SVG needs time.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Dinner for3 Minus Josh

Post  Sissy1946 Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:32 pm

GO PISTONS!!!

Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Sissy, Wise

Post  deusXango Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:05 pm

Fellas, we've had a damn good morning discussion, IMHO, and I for one thoroughly enjoyed it!! This is the fire that winning stokes...can't wait til tonight when the Drive play.

GO PISTONS!!!
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next