Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+10
merc
Oracle
lemonpen
Go Stones!
FlyDog
Sissy1946
Murph
deusXango
WTF
Fennis Dembo
14 posters

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty Luigi Says I Can Play this Game

Post  Sissy1946 Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:57 pm

deusXango wrote:Got your message L****y, on the other site, but I'd like for someone to post the Drive's T.V. schedule so we can see Dinwiddie and Datome under competitive game conditions; I know there will be those who poo-poo their efforts because it's the D-League, but we'll see if they're ready for some tryout PT on the big stage.
Deus: They are on the NBA Channel tonight at 8:00 on Channel 216 on Direct TV, the game is actually early in the afternoon today but only scheduled on TV tonight, they are in a top 8 tournament in their league & are guaranteed two games with s possible 3 games if they win the tourney. To get the schedule which they are going to start up again the 24th go to Grand Rapids Drive Schedule.

Last edited by Sissy1946 on Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty Wise

Post  deusXango Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:56 pm

DX, what proof do you have that Datome could be used when three coaches have passed on playing him regularly (Cheeks, Loyer and SVG).-Wise Fan
I have no proof, anymore than anyone else, of Datome's worth or lack thereof, but 2 of the 3 coaches you've pointed out, that Datome has played for in less that one and a half years, were knuckleheads; their records speak for themselves! That leaves us with SVG, who has not been without blemishes, of all sorts, in his short time as Pistons head coach and we've not reached the halfway point of the season; is it at all possible that Datome is one of SVG's miscalculations, or is he dead on with Singler and Butler? I'm a simple man, with a simple mind, I can understand a simple "yes" or "no."
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty Singler Is Don's Pet

Post  WTF Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:50 pm

DX, I'm not please with any of our SF especially Singler and this includes all of them. If I had it my way not a single one of them would be starting on this team or for that matter on this roster. I would even go as far as saying that I would rather resign Prince next season who I hate or bring Artest out of retirement than to continue with this crap at SF. Only Butler IMO should start and nick picking at his age, or average defense make any of the remaining choices a better options. I would rather have an old savvy veteran in this least used position than young dumbass like Singler, Mitchell, Martin and Datome

I know I'm being mean today lol
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty Wisefan

Post  Sissy1946 Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:45 pm

WISEFAN wrote:Okay you 2 might not like this but here it goes.  

Lets not stay in this habit of touting role players, or what degree of interest they should be giving by a coach.  First Datome isn't SVG project he was Joe's project and SVG owes no amount of consideration to play Datome.  

I agree in a perfect world if we're not going to use him we should at least make valuable use of that roster spot but this is under the assumption that all 15 roster spots can play some effective role that warrants PT.  Keep in mind every team has players like Datome on them, consider him an under used Human Victory Cigar much in the way Darko use to be, Nevitt and others were.   I suppose if we were blowing teams out every night Datome might gets some minutes.  3 coaches have touch Datome and yet none found a need to use him.  Sorry DX this is not happening for no reason. My guess is Datome was gifted not a lot but a ton of money by Euro Standards to vacation in the states for 2 seasons and will likely be back
overseas come next season.

As far as Dinwiddie he needs to spend all his time this season in the D-League.  Again it this habit of touting players before their time into being special and gifted PT.  it's not like we can base or justify PT on a body of NBA work that say's he like Datome is deserving of PT.   Don't get me wrong there are things I like about Dinwiddie but its all derived from what he did in college, not on a professional level just like Datome.  IMO Dinwiddie who had no preseason and recently recovered from an injury is not needed to play games and should be sucking in all the knowledge and preparing for next Summer League.   If he's all what some of us think he is then he'll likely show it next season.  Dinwiddie is a rookie and a second round one at that and he can be pissed all he wants until he proves himself.  SVG can change his mind until the cows come home but Dinwiddie hasn't reached a status level to moan about anything.  Just My Take

Wisefan: Appreciate your belief but as you say SVG doesn't owe Datome anything but he has said twice this year that he would probably see some time playing, if he says it then he needs to follow through because after all all we want is for him to get a chance & if your a piston fan you also know he really hadn't had that chance.
Now a few of us are pumped up because some are either rooting for him or don't think SVG hadn't given him the chance to show anything.
Well that's changed now because he's going to find out where he really stands & if he isn't good enough then I'm with you, get rid of him but if he is then maybe you've bettered the tesm, isn't that what it's all about?
Dinwiddie & Datome are both fav's of mine & no matter what anybody says about them I believe they can play & Stan might be a little wrong about them but if not I can live with it but nobody's taking how I feel about them away from me.
You shoukd know that above anyone else with your fav Josh, to some he destroyed the tesm & to others they still like him, just an opinion & hope for our favorite players, for instance if Datome looks like sh*t then I'll be the first to say so, in fact he's playing tonight on the NBA channel, tune in & check him out & give me your honest opinion later on, we'll let it go from there, I'm a pretty fair guy when it comes to that, Just a fan that's in their corner with my fingers crossed. Actually no one knows for sure if they have been treated fairly & can play, now we're about to find out & only then will we find out what's going on.
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty Sebastian and DX

Post  WTF Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:40 pm

Sebastian wrote:This is where SVG will likely make his change and start Butler at the SF position and Meeks will likely start over KCP. I would do these 2 changes because you can run plays for both Butler and Meeks because they're better equipped offensively than KCP and Singler. Who will Caron Butler and F@ckin' Jodie Meeks guard? These two can't play a lick of defense.

Defense gets a little over-valued on a individual level IMO. Heck who in the hell is anyone on this team is locking down on an individual basis? If the Big Men on this team stepped up more defensive it likely would matter much how well those other position perform. Just reflect back on any one of our NBA Championship Teams and you can see that. The Wallace's allowed Rip, Chauncey and Prince to play wreck-less and gamble defensively our actual lockdown defenders were bench players Hunter, and James.

Then you think earlier with the likes of Mahorn, Lamb, Worm, Spider and Joe. That was that team lockdown defenders and for the most part every one else were average defenders. My point is that Meeks and Butler are average defenders and that everyone don't need to be a lockdown defender on this team. If Moose and Andre defended the way they should be doing then the rest of this team defensive game would elevate.

DX, what proof do you have that Datome could be used when three coaches have passed on playing him regularly (Cheeks, Loyer and SVG). There's no conspiracy against Datome and the sad truth is, we don't know if he's getting ass handed to him by the likes of Singler, Martin, and Butler. There is certainly nothing that I've seen from all the times Datome has been on the floor that scream get him some more PT. He was touted as a shooter and here is one thing about shooters and that they're always ready to shoot. They typically come in games and hit big shots, they're hitting big shots in practice and in their dreams. If you can tell me of any time since his arrival in any single ounce of PT giving him were he wasn't bricking balls then I might see where he might deserve more PT but hell no he shouldn't start.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty Wise

Post  deusXango Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:39 pm

WISEFAN wrote:Okay you 2 might not like this but here it goes.
Always interested in your insights brother...true.  

Lets not stay in this habit of touting role players, or what degree of interest they should be giving by a coach.  First Datome isn't SVG project he was Joe's project and SVG owes no amount of consideration to play Datome.
Wise, Singler was Joe's project also; I take it you're more satisfied than not with Singler's performances this year, so why consider change, right?  

I agree in a perfect world if we're not going to use him we should at least make valuable use of that roster spot but this is under the assumption that all 15 roster spots can play some effective role that warrants PT.  Keep in mind every team has players like Datome on them, consider him an under used Human Victory Cigar much in the way Darko use to be, Nevitt and others were.   I suppose if we were blowing teams out every night Datome might gets some minutes.  3 coaches have touch Datome and yet none found a need to use him.  Sorry DX this is not happening for no reason. My guess is Datome was gifted not a lot but a ton of money by Euro Standards to vacation in the states for 2 seasons and will likely be back overseas come next season.
Wow, that's hard, a Human Victory Cigar? You're honestly comparing Datome to Darko and Chuck Nevitt? Please cut this guy today!!! Oh, by the way, the Euro is worth more than the dollar on the international money market...Datome is losing money sitting on our bench.

As far as Dinwiddie he needs to spend all his time this season in the D-League.  Again it this habit of touting players before their time into being special and gifted PT.  it's not like we can base or justify PT on a body of NBA work that say's he like Datome is deserving of PT.   Don't get me wrong there are things I like about Dinwiddie but its all derived from what he did in college, not on a professional level just like Datome.  IMO Dinwiddie who had no preseason and recently recovered from an injury is not needed to play games and should be sucking in all the knowledge and preparing for next Summer League.   If he's all what some of us think he is then he'll likely show it next season.  Dinwiddie is a rookie and a second round one at that and he can be pissed all he wants until he proves himself.  SVG can change his mind until the cows come home but Dinwiddie hasn't reached a status level to moan about anything.  Just My Take
Honestly, right now Dinwiddie can better use the time spent with Arnie and the D-League play to prepare himself for the best 2015-16 season possible...I see a promise in this young man that I'm willing to wait on coming to fruition. This was a hell of a post that I totally agree with Wise.

Last edited by deusXango on Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty When do the Drive play?

Post  deusXango Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:23 pm

Got your message L****y, on the other site, but I'd like for someone to post the Drive's T.V. schedule so we can see Dinwiddie and Datome under competitive game conditions; I know there will be those who poo-poo their efforts because it's the D-League, but we'll see if they're ready for some tryout PT on the big stage.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty Sissy & DX

Post  WTF Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:15 pm

Okay you 2 might not like this but here it goes.

Lets not stay in this habit of touting role players, or what degree of interest they should be giving by a coach. First Datome isn't SVG project he was Joe's project and SVG owes no amount of consideration to play Datome.

I agree in a perfect world if we're not going to use him we should at least make valuable use of that roster spot but this is under the assumption that all 15 roster spots can play some effective role that warrants PT. Keep in mind every team has players like Datome on them, consider him an under used Human Victory Cigar much in the way Darko use to be, Nevitt and others were. I suppose if we were blowing teams out every night Datome might gets some minutes. 3 coaches have touch Datome and yet none found a need to use him. Sorry DX this is not happening for no reason. My guess is Datome was gifted not a lot but a ton of money by Euro Standards to vacation in the states for 2 seasons and will likely be back overseas come next season.

As far as Dinwiddie he needs to spend all his time this season in the D-League. Again it this habit of touting players before their time into being special and gifted PT. it's not like we can base or justify PT on a body of NBA work that say's he like Datome is deserving of PT. Don't get me wrong there are things I like about Dinwiddie but its all derived from what he did in college, not on a professional level just like Datome. IMO Dinwiddie who had no preseason and recently recovered from an injury is not needed to play games and should be sucking in all the knowledge and preparing for next Summer League. If he's all what some of us think he is then he'll likely show it next season. Dinwiddie is a rookie and a second round one at that and he can be pissed all he wants until he proves himself. SVG can change his mind until the cows come home but Dinwiddie hasn't reached a status level to moan about anything. Just My Take

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty Don't want to take a chance on a D-Leaguer?

Post  deusXango Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:07 pm

A seasoned professional SF that'd fit perfectly in SVG's evolving system, on both ends of the floor, and bring some excitement to the team is Gerald Green. At this point he can be had for a song and dance, if President Van Gundy can be creative enough, without sacrificing draft picks. Green is on an expiring contract and his current use is limited in Phoenix; we can offer him a substantial raise (once he resigns with us) and a starting spot with some formidable big men playing alongside him. This is a trade that should be made before the deadline....why wait for the deadline if this deal can be consummated before then?

Anthony, and a 2020 protected first round pick should get that done, if not then who'd we protect from being traded? Granted they'd want Monroe, but would Monroe want to make the sacrifices necessary to approve that trade? Anthony, a 3rd center on our team, for a starting SF that we desperately need is a no-brainer. The current mindset in Phoenix is to stockpile as many draft choices as they can and that can be exploited with dangling a lottery protected pick, 5 years up the road. They have an over-abundance of guards, so that's out, and are well stocked with forwards, which makes Green available to us now, so come on pimp, get her done!

If that has no legs, then sign Quincy Miller on a 10 day contract and don't sign him to sit around on his ass, like Datome, but play him for extended minutes, as long as he shows he deserves them. Wise I don't know how you can class Datome as useless, unless it's because SVG hasn't chosen to use him; that's an example of the career killing move I was talking about. Bury a players skills on the bench, and wait for fans to form negative opinions of his worth, simply because he's not played....that in and of itself doesn't mean he can't play fundamentally sound basketball and possess a killer skillset. When you have players like Singler and Butler shoved down your throat from game to game, it's assumed that if you can't beat those guys out, you ain't sh!t. Quincy Miller can be our redemption for loosing Robert Covington, no matter what the great minds say; a young, effective SF, that'd be the best we've had since the heyday of Tayshaun Prince.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty Defenseless ...

Post  Sebastian Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:01 pm

WISEFAN wrote:No matter how exceptional the team has been the last 10 games this is still a very unbalanced roster and the pieces are still mixed bag of bolts and nuts that don't quite fit.  Part of the problem is that SVG don't have enough go to players or any really to consistently run plays and IMO SVG should have at least 5 plays that are cornerstone plays that he knows will net positive results.   Example the Chauncey to Rip combination but we have neither a Rip or Chauncey on the rosters.

While jacking up 3's and alley oops are exciting and pushing the ball with wreck-less abandonment might add some exciting fast breaks here and there this should not be how this team solely performs.   These things are used to supplement those effective 5 cornerstone plays but right now they're this team primary means of scoring points.  If this team makes the playoff they're like going to get their asses whipped.

Sadly Monroe should be our go to option guy but he doesn't have that go to type mentality to make it work.  Andre should also be that go to guy as well but he doesn't posse enough offensive skill around the basket. Really neither Monroe or Andre do not enough to demand a double teaming.  KCP is not a go to player no more than he is a shooter.  KCP is a score who been improperly used since we drafted him and should be a coming off the bench with a green light to do his thing when he feels like it.  We need to stop thinking he's the second coming of either Joe or Rip.

Our SF position is totally useless and this includes Singler, Butler, Martian and Datome.  This is where SVG will likely make his change and start Butler at the SF position and Meeks will likely start over KCP.   I would do these 2 changes because you can run plays for both Butler and Meeks because they're better equipped offensively than KCP and Singler.

The kicker in all of this though rest on the backs of both Jennings and Augustin to play more like traditional PG and I don't think either can play in a half-court scenario.  Sure my boy Josh is gone but there was a reason the offense flowed through Josh often in half-court situation and both our PG's were that reason.   If there are some truths to MCW on the blocks, then I would gladly give them KCP, Singler and Dinwiddie for him maybe toss in a second round pick as well. Just Saying!

Wise wrote: Our SF position is totally useless and this includes Singler, Butler, Martian and Datome. Agreed.

This is where SVG will likely make his change and start Butler at the SF position and Meeks will likely start over KCP. I would do these 2 changes because you can run plays for both Butler and Meeks because they're better equipped offensively than KCP and Singler. Who will Caron Butler and F@ckin' Jodie Meeks guard? These two can't play a lick of defense.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty Yeah, What he said

Post  Sissy1946 Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:48 pm

deusXango wrote:Sissy, glad that you're chiming in, and thanks for the love brother. Datome is always talked about in terms of his poor shooting last year, with those pitiful minutes he was given, but show up at a game today and watch him doing warm ups; there's no one better on the team shooting the rock, no one! Smooth, automatic, and bottom, shot after shot (not talking about hidden practices); he's already proven that he won't hurt the team, can rebound, put the ball on the floor, and is unselfish. He knows the game, reads the floor, and is aggressive; more aggressive than Singler, but then Butler and Martin are more aggressive than Singler.

Answer me this, why is he just now being sent to the D-League and if it's for trade showcasing, isn't that strange for a player that can't play and only been given 8 sh!tty minutes all season? I personally am tired of the insistence of SVG on continuing to start an ineffective Singler and backing him up with an old ass player that'd be better saved until the playoffs; the minutes Butler is playing now should be given to Datome, if he shows us all he deserves it, if he doesn't, we'll run him out of town.

To his credit, Singler played his best basketball last year coming off the bench with Stuckey; they were a high scoring duo off the bench for us, and I envision the same thing with Singler and Meeks, but SVG won't let it happen.

Deus: Why SVG hasn't sent him down long before this is also a mystery to me to, why hang on to him all this time without getting a solid chance to play?
Agree that Singler would be better off coming off the bench to & also Dinwiddie needs to play & should have been ready to get into the line up if Stan had kept his word to him to, Spencer has got to be unhappy with his treatment so far with Stan.
Hopefully they both get their chance, this time, a real one instead of the BS Stan 's been talking, why he has stuck with Singler these last few games is beyond understanding, I'm yelling, get him out of there, put Meeks in, at least play your players where they best fit. I think Stan has missed the bus on these two & their progress, we should know more after this weekend, I know also that I want them to succeed to, maybe it'll work & maybe it won't but SVG has got to give them their chance, who knows these guys might turn out where they can help us win, we have problems with the line up as it is & giving them their chance might alleviate it. Come on Stan, Be Fair/Be Square.
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty One final thought about the failure of our big men

Post  cool breeze Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:19 am

Last night I could not help but notice how Anthony Davis played defense. He never stood still and seemed to always be moving his feet. And he BOXED OUT on every defensive stand. Why is it that I never see either Drummond and especially Monroe BOX OUT SOMEONE? They are clueless it seems relating to thinking about that fundamental thing that every big man is taught in high school. Both Monroe and Drummond are so big and tall that they can just stand in the paint and get their fair share of rebounds except when a critical time comes in a game. Then it catches up with those two players. I noticed Davis moving around on offense and slicing in without any resistance to get offensive rebounds. The Pistons were well scouted so credit the Pelican coaching staff. Our big men do not box out. Every team in the league can exploit that fundamental error along with our point guards giving up dribble penetration.

Should the Pistons make a trade for Wilson Chandler or Deng to upgrade the small forward spot? I hate to give away any draft picks. There will be some good players available in the 2nd round this year and for sure I would not want to see our Pistons lose another first round pick. I am sure that both teams would want a draft pick. I can see why Miami might want to unload Deng but what about Chandler? What is his downside as to why his team would be willing to trade him? What are his flaws and why is he thought to be expendable relating to his current team?

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty Starting lineup might change but what how will that change affect the 2nd unit?

Post  cool breeze Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:52 am

To me the 2nd unit has been the Pistons strength over other teams since Josh Smith was released. I like old pros like Butler and sharp shooters like Meeks coming in to take advantage of other team's weaker players. The biggest change in the starting lineup should be to move Monroe to the center position and start Anthony or Jerebco. I thought that Anthony was the best big man defender on the Piston team last night. Drummond has been the weakest player in the starting lineup for the past month. Stan Van Gundy provided the best insight relating to this loss. "We didn't rebound and we didn't protect the paint". Our two starting big men have looked lazy at the start of games on the defensive end all through the winning streak. Drummond is still a work in progress type player who is often outsmarted and out of position on defense.Notice that Van Gundy benched Drummond quickly after the start of the 2nd half and rightfully so. As Drummond is an unskilled player, if he doesn't bring incredible energy to make up for his positioning mistakes, he is a liability. The Pelicans constantly beat the Pistons in transition in the first half and it was there big men beating our big men on every possession. With Davis and Anderson both being outstanding players, they had their way and most likely New Orleans would beat the Pistons 9 out of 10 games if given the opportunity. By inserting Anthony as a starter, teams will find it more difficult to get those easy shots. Last night our two starting big men offered zero resistance to any opponent who entered the paint. No team can win if your big men get beat up as bad as our bigs did last night. Their big men made a statement in that game make no mistake about it. Davis is the best big man in the league and even more important to his team than Dwight Howard.

Another reason why Detroit looked so bad on defense was at the point guard position. Jennings and Augustin were horrible in the first half when the Pelicans built up that 22 point lead. Jennings was following his assigned man failing to keep his body in front of his man on almost every possession in the 1st half. But Augustin had his ass kicked by Jimmer Fereddette and had to be removed from the game by our coach it got so bad.A lot of the opponents scoring and play making came from their point guards.

Van Gundy said something nasty to Singler at the timeout right after Singler turned the ball over after leading a fast break and passing the ball to a Pelican player. What should be said about that pass is that Singler thought that a Piston player would be filling that lane as their was a defender covering the other side. So this was a combination of lack of desire on the part of two players who failed to run the court and just watched and Singler's failure to pull up or take the ball to the rim himself. But that lane should have been filled. Singler didn't play a good game and did have the ball taken out of his hands once but he did not affect the outcome of the game anywhere near what the point guards and big men did. Which player should start at small forward? I don't know. If it is not Singler then it will have to be Butler who is effective coming off the bench. Maybe Tolliver should get the start but he couldn't make a shot last night. Tolliver is aggressive on defense. The Pistons have failed to start game playing aggressive defense and that is why they get so far behind in the first 5 minutes of games. Are our current starting big men capable of playing aggressive defense without fouling? That may be the problem especially with Drummond.

This was a horrible game for the Pistons. It will be interesting to see what the Pistons effort will be in the next game. I don't like the statement made by Jennings after the game. Jennings needs to get other players involved in the offense at the start of games. If he has an open shot then take it but don't be a one man show. That only works in AAU ball. I suggest that Brandon play better defense in the first quarter of games. That would help the team a lot more than just jacking up jump shots.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty The Pieces Still Don't Match

Post  WTF Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:02 am

No matter how exceptional the team has been the last 10 games this is still a very unbalanced roster and the pieces are still mixed bag of bolts and nuts that don't quite fit.  Part of the problem is that SVG don't have enough go to players or any really to consistently run plays and IMO SVG should have at least 5 plays that are cornerstone plays that he knows will net positive results.   Example the Chauncey to Rip combination but we have neither a Rip or Chauncey on the rosters.

While jacking up 3's and alley oops are exciting and pushing the ball with wreck-less abandonment might add some exciting fast breaks here and there this should not be how this team solely performs.   These things are used to supplement those effective 5 cornerstone plays but right now they're this team primary means of scoring points.  If this team makes the playoff they're like going to get their asses whipped.

Sadly Monroe should be our go to option guy but he doesn't have that go to type mentality to make it work.  Andre should also be that go to guy as well but he doesn't posse enough offensive skill around the basket. Really neither Monroe or Andre do not enough to demand a double teaming.  KCP is not a go to player no more than he is a shooter.  KCP is a score who been improperly used since we drafted him and should be a coming off the bench with a green light to do his thing when he feels like it.  We need to stop thinking he's the second coming of either Joe or Rip.

Our SF position is totally useless and this includes Singler, Butler, Martian and Datome.  This is where SVG will likely make his change and start Butler at the SF position and Meeks will likely start over KCP.   I would do these 2 changes because you can run plays for both Butler and Meeks because they're better equipped offensively than KCP and Singler.

The kicker in all of this though rest on the backs of both Jennings and Augustin to play more like traditional PG and I don't think either can play in a half-court scenario.  Sure my boy Josh is gone but there was a reason the offense flowed through Josh often in half-court situation and both our PG's were that reason.   If there are some truths to MCW on the blocks, then I would gladly give them KCP, Singler and Dinwiddie for him maybe toss in a second round pick as well. Just Saying!

Last edited by WISEFAN on Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty Which lineup changes would you make???

Post  Oracle Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:58 am

Ok, SVG is contemplating lineup changes, and IMO, that's a good thing! These slow starts have been horrible, and I'm sick of seeing them dig out of deep holes for cardiac finishes!

Drummond has sucked for the last few games, but I wouldn't touch him as a starter! Here's my thoughts!

1. Start Meeks and bring KCP off the bench - Meeks is more dangerous offensively, and causes defenses more trouble. We need KCP later when we're trying to clamp down on teams.

2. Move heaven and earth to get Singler out of the starting lineup! If I see one more guy just take the ball out of his hands, like the last 2 consecutive games, I'm going to cough up a spleen! The hard part is that we don't have anyone to replace him with, so we need to make a move for a real starting SF ASAP! Hell, I'd even take Seb & DX's boy Quincy Miller on a 10 day at this point, but SF needs shaking up!

IMO, those are the only likely positions to make a change at! The only other thing I would do is to make sure Jennings remembers WTF he's supposed to be doing out there.

I like the increased point production as much as the next fan, but I like ball movement and getting others involved early and often a lot more! Hopefully if we put some guys that can actually shoot or get to the cup better than Singler & KCP, he'll do more of that.

It's hard to fault him for scoring when he's out there with slugs that can't shoot and can't do much else, except KCP can at least play great defense!

BTW, SVG said he's ready, willing and able to make a move, he said we aren't that good that we couldn't use a good bowel movement to clean out the pipes, which is music to my ears(and his ass) lol
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty For those that listen, take a look!

Post  deusXango Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:43 am

Sissy, glad that you're chiming in, and thanks for the love brother. Datome is always talked about in terms of his poor shooting last year, with those pitiful minutes he was given, but show up at a game today and watch him doing warm ups; there's no one better on the team shooting the rock, no one! Smooth, automatic, and bottom, shot after shot (not talking about hidden practices); he's already proven that he won't hurt the team, can rebound, put the ball on the floor, and is unselfish. He knows the game, reads the floor, and is aggressive; more aggressive than Singler, but then Butler and Martin are more aggressive than Singler.

Answer me this, why is he just now being sent to the D-League and if it's for trade showcasing, isn't that strange for a player that can't play and only been given 8 sh!tty minutes all season? I personally am tired of the insistence of SVG on continuing to start an ineffective Singler and backing him up with an old ass player that'd be better saved until the playoffs; the minutes Butler is playing now should be given to Datome, if he shows us all he deserves it, if he doesn't, we'll run him out of town.

To his credit, Singler played his best basketball last year coming off the bench with Stuckey; they were a high scoring duo off the bench for us, and I envision the same thing with Singler and Meeks, but SVG won't let it happen.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty Datome to finally get a chance in GR

Post  Sissy1946 Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:07 am

I'm with DeusXango on Datome, he hasn't  really been given a chance of a stretch of 10-15 games to show what he can do either last year or this year, rumors were swirling that he was shooting the lights out in practice but was still behind Carter, how does  that happen??
So to be given a fair chance like Stan said  he would get earlier & then didn't this  stint with GR will help others see what this guy can go, if he sucks then so be it but to not be given an sctual chance like Frank, Cheeks, Loyer & Van Gundy promised & didn't get that chance well let's see what he does & then we see how good  he is & until then no one knows for sure, let it play out, I think the guy has talent, if he works out then great but if not then let him go, simple as that, hard to judge talent from some when he hasn't really been given the chance. Here's hoping Datome can stand the pressure.

Last edited by Sissy1946 on Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty re

Post  Phil-Good Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:13 am

The Pistons could use A high quality stretch 4 to complement Monroe and Drummonds.

A big time small forward would be A dream come true for the Detroit pistons as well.
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty Best team Atlanta. Best player A.Davis

Post  Phil-Good Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:09 am

Atlanta is the best team i have seen this season.

Anthony Davis is the best player i have seen this year.

6'11, control the paint, eats up rebounds, blocks shots, has low post game, has face-up game, big time intimidating big man, nice jumpshot...

Baby boy is A ball player... Reminds me of A Hakeem Olajuwon kind of guy.
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty Seriously!!

Post  deusXango Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:16 am

Oracle wrote:
deusXango wrote:When we kick Anthony Davis and the Pelicans ass tonight, I don't care to hear how "things would have been different if Jrue Holiday wasn't hurt." I heard that DeRozan crap when we took one from the Raptors, on their floor, but we're playing against professionals and pros should find a way to win with a player missing....these are players, not megastars!  

As Edward Nigma would say...

The Pistons look to be outsold, outclassed, out-coifed and... ...generally outdone in every way.

This was the game I feared the most!
The Pelicans are professionals with a megastar at the helm....a more severe ass kicking, in our house at that, I truly didn't expect. They got it straight from the gate and didn't look back...kudos.

I don't see them bending over backwards to sign Monroe to that max contract everybody seems to think he'll get; maybe some fool ass GM will pony up a ridiculous amount for his services, but it really doesn't appear New Orleans has a need for the Moose. Oh, the Dumars effect, I see.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty Seriously???

Post  Oracle Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:13 pm

deusXango wrote:When we kick Anthony Davis and the Pelicans ass tonight, I don't care to hear how "things would have been different if Jrue Holiday wasn't hurt." I heard that DeRozan crap when we took one from the Raptors, on their floor, but we're playing against professionals and pros should find a way to win with a player missing....these are players, not megastars!  

As Edward Nigma would say...

The Pistons look to be outsold, outclassed, out-coifed and... ...generally outdone in every way.

This was the game I feared the most!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty Rite of Passage has been completed

Post  deusXango Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:23 pm

My take on Brandon Jennings "obscene gesture;" Rod Thorn is still chicken sh!t! Jennings is getting f@cked, so I guess that makes it official, he's a Detroit Piston!
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty Dinwiddie has a right to be pissed!

Post  deusXango Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:10 pm

Oracle wrote:This was the right decision...

Langlois wrote:When Stan Van Gundy talked about prioritizing the future once Josh Smith was waived, he mentioned Dinwiddie prominently – said they needed to find out about him over the second half of the season. Last week, he admitted that plan was now on hold.
Has anyone noticed how SVG waffles and changes direction mid-stream? This isn't the first time he's done this sh!t with players and I'm wondering how well this is going down with the team?

Monroe is the underlying issue that needs to be impressed; remember the offer of $60 million extended by SVG this past summer that the Moose said was untrue? The lack of integrity was one of the major problems DHoward allegedly had with SVG in Orlando. Doug Collins could coach his ass off, but couldn't get along with players for long....can this be another Doug Collins?

Can someone explain to me how Tolliver, a mediocre skilled journeyman, be on the team for less than a week and log more minutes than Datome has all year? I don't buy that sh!t about how pitiful Gigi's stats were last year, this year under SVG he's not been given half a chance and the fans have been left in the "blind" about what his contributions can be under SVG's system.

Langlois said?! From God's mouth to our ears; KL is a huckster who's been under Dumars thumb for the longest and his job was to put a "happy face" on that bullsh!t coming from the Presidents office. The fact is, Martin won the "competition" for starting SF, but today is still no more than the 3rd SF, even with the piss-poor play that's come from that slot. The apologists on the left, the excuse makers on the right...line up. If Datome's not going to be played, there's no reason in hell why Quincy Miller is not given a good look; basically the SF position is not being played on the Pistons anyway!
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty Sebastian, DX and Oracle

Post  FlyDog Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:01 pm

I hear ya Seb......Joe took a chance and thought Iverson might change his greedy ways.

DX.......Joe was dead wrong.

Oracle, sell millions of CD's and you could have one of those too. I would suggest getting one that's not 6" taller than you though, because the way she dwarfs that little gargoyle is ridiculous.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty I'm sure Dinwiddie is pissed, but...

Post  Oracle Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:31 pm

This was the right decision...

Langlois wrote:When Stan Van Gundy talked about prioritizing the future once Josh Smith was waived, he mentioned Dinwiddie prominently – said they needed to find out about him over the second half of the season. Last week, he admitted that plan was now on hold.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next