Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+9
Sissy1946
Go Stones!
merc
Sebastian
deusXango
Murph
Sparma
Phil-Good
Fennis Dembo
13 posters

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty Apology excepted...

Post  deusXango Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:06 pm

...but not necessary. When b-ball talk is going on between passionate, hometown fans, it's bound to be some harmless insults thrown about; I know you meant no malice...you my bud.

Oracle, on the matter of SVG experimenting with his lineups, what about an extended look at Drummond and Monroe? It came up on another site that the pairing of those two hasn't taken place (with a real honest-to-goodness SF) since they've been Pistons. I expected no less from the dumbass coaches we've had, but SVG isn't in the same class as his predecessors, so why not take an extended look at those two? If SVG is all fired up over keeping Monroe, like he's stated on more than one occasion, why not give him a reason to stay? We've got Josh under contract and he may relish the 6th man role once he settles into it. Thought?
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty Sorry DX

Post  Oracle Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:14 pm

"You get a little sensitive early in the morning, don't you?" - DX

lollollollollol

Thanks for being the great person that you are and correcting me in such a diplomatic way!

Sensitive??? No, I looked at what I said, and I was being an ass  Sad

There was a better way to tell a friend that I thought he didn't get what I was saying.

Oh well, moving on, Wise got it immediately!

It's all about roster balance, and while I wish we could have gotten a pick instead of Anthony, we do need Anthony because Thabeet is a scrubs scrub! I'm still struggling to figure out how a 7'3 guy can be that bad!

I'm not sure why Boston did this if they're just going to turn around and waive Bynum? Can anybody explain why they just didn't waive Anthony instead of doing all of that extra paperwork?

Don't they make any more Elden Campbell's???

FORUM - Page 29 50940806.jpg.3943_display_image
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty Motown String Music...don't they have our best interest at heart?

Post  deusXango Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:17 pm

"Even if he does start at SF, Josh Smith (if he plays there again) will further enforce the prevailing view on this site that we should trade him for a pack of Oreos and a glass of milk."-IMO a Dumb Ass Reporter

This is a coaches decision, where and when a player plays, not the players. Don't these fool ass, so called home town reporters, know this? If SVG starts the Big 3 again tonight, I'm going to rack that up as his first major f@ck up! Josh should play PF only, whether as a starter or coming off the bench and the Big 3 should be rotated, for maximum efficiency! Why aren't the reporters reporting that instead of the ongoing bashing of Smith? That's old and any fool should know that without giving a solid trade option, they're just talking sh!t. We're talking about moving a $14 million a year contract for "a pack of Oreos and a glass of milk;" that's clown talk, but you'd be surprised how many share that same mentality.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty Also wishing Will well

Post  Sparma Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:06 am

I appreciated his hardnosed and enthusiastic style, even though he had some obvious holes in his game. I think he'll do well in Boston, to begin with, having both opportunity and good PG coaching. I see him putting up good numbers for starters, something like 9 points and 3.5 assists per game. Still, I don't really object to the trade which seems aimed more at filling in for injuries on both sides than for longterm gain. Fare ye well, Will!
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty Yes I Am The President of The Josh Smith Fan Club

Post  WTF Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:02 am

Murph wrote:
WISEFAN wrote:Josh has 5 TO's but has a +26 really is there value in that dumbass stat?

Good point Wise...the TO stat can be over-rated at times.  lol

Seriously though, if Smith fills up the stat sheet like he did on Wed (14 pts, 10 rebds, 5 asts, 50% shooting), I don't care how many times he turns the ball over.

And more to the point, if the Pistons blow out their opponents by 26 points, when Smith is on the floor, I really don't care how may times he turns the ball over.

This wasn't a criticism toward Josh though I wish he had less TO's and it was more a stab at the +/- stat more than the TO stat. IMO I just think that neither tells the story need to really assess a players game.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty Balance Yes It Is

Post  WTF Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:53 am

Bynum needed to be moved and this should be a good move for him perhaps. Joe had no business resigning him in the first place because it caused rotation issues last season and the season before. He simply impeded the growth of Knight, to a degree KCP and would have with Dinwiddie. Nothing wrong with adding another big (6 more fouls) IMO those 6 fouls may be more valuable than Bynum 8 points in the larger picture.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  deusXango Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:32 am

Will someone explain the rationale of starting the Big 3 more than the rotational pairings? SVG has looked at hours of film showing the failings of playing 60% of the Pistons starting lineup out of position (Singler at SG, Smith at SF, and Monroe at PF) so what was the point of "experimenting?"

Our Big 3 need to be rotated and if Singler is to continue starting and eating up PT, let it be at SF...this is just my opinion. Martin should be getting the PT at SG, until KCP returns to start, and play backup until Meeks is healed. For the money being paid to Datome and after the performance put on game before last, why was he given those sh!t minutes in Orlando? What could he have possibly done to be "dog housed" like that?

Jennings is taking care of the ball and averaging decent assist totals, but Augustin is beginning to look like the PG for this team. Maybe it's all a fluke.

What's SVG going to do tonight in Atlanta? If he brings Josh off the bench that'll be a telling move.

Go Pistons!!
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty Okay funny man

Post  deusXango Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:11 am

Oracle wrote:
Murph wrote:Ok...he might better than Grey or Thabeet (maybe).  But he still sucks.

He(Anthony) is absolutely better than Thabeet & Grey put together, but that's not the question!
To me this is absolutely the question, because of your bottom line statement (which I wholeheartedly agree with).

The question is this: Is he better than Bynum?
This is where I got lost; an undersized guard vs. an undersized center? Anthony was never looked at as a spark off anyones bench, which Bynum is.

He's a better defender, but a worse offensive threat - Major advantage Bynum!
Apples vs. tomatoes.

However, he fills a position of need, and Bynum doesn't - Advantage Anthony!
First let me say this; I DON'T HATE BYNUM!! We can use Anthony, but where was Will going to fit in with us? All he's ever wanted was to play and the prospect of that happening was growing dim. I think it was a win-win trade.

My bottom line is that we lose a little on the deal talent wise, but make up for it roster fit wise!

Oracle, how'd you know I had an itch that I scratched too much? lol
You get a little sensitive early in the morning, don't you?
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty DX

Post  Oracle Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:41 am

"I don't understand Oracle saying what he did in comparing a strong arm center vs. a gnome of a guard....this is a team in need of defensive players, not circus acts." - DX

Classic DX, confused by a statement of FACT? Wow, now go and put more ointment on your rash it looks inflamed lol lol lol

Bynum not a superstar? Seriously, Bynum looks like a HOF player next to Anthony, are you so blind that you can't see the stats for these players? Or maybe it's just your hate for Bynum, a player that at least showed class through all of the many ignorant coaches Joe hired, and Joe's clown act in the later years!

Anthony is an under sized big man(listed at 6'9, and likely smaller), stretching the term "Big" at that! Seb was right, is that the best they could do???

Do you even care to try to justify anything you said with numbers? Why not try to compare Anthony's numbers(http://www.nba.com/playerfile/joel_anthony/), 0.8ppg  1.2 boards  0.1 assists, to Bynum's?

I said the ONLY, and I do mean only thing that makes sense, but it didn't to you!

It's simple DX, this was a roster balancing move, nothing more, nothing less! Dinwiddie's emergence made Bynum redundant, and our need for another "Big" was far more pressing than our need for another guard!

Bynum is by FAR the better player, and it's not even close, but Anthony is the better fit by far, and that's the obvious part you're missing.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty Wishing Will well and hello Joel

Post  deusXango Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:28 am

Sebastian wrote:Will B. for Joel Anthony: Is this the best GM SVG and Bowers (I forget his official title) can do? Like someone else eluded to, Gray and Thabeet can get to stepping, because Anthony will now assume the 15th position on the roster.

I kind of see, where SVG and Bowers are going with this transaction. Anthony's $.3.8 will come off the books, just like Will B.'s $3.1 would have come off the books. And, again, as another astute Pistons Pal noted, this move can make room for Dinwiddie if he is able to play.

I still want a "real" small forward on this roster, now!

Sebastian, I thank you for the voice of reason regarding the Bynum for Anthony trade....I've always heard that you don't trade a big man for a small one.

Bynum is not a superstar! (He was traded for the big man we needed.) Anthony is not a stumble bum! (A few weeks ago fans were talking about what a gump Gray was, but after an episode with his heart he's better?)  Bynum is not a star!! (That "Bynum/Drummond chemistry" is overrated and not enough to justify keeping him on the team.) Anthony isn't a waste! (He brings championship experience/insight to an evolving locker room.)

For guys expected to ride the pines all year on expiring contracts, I'll take the one who's worth the most, thank you very much. I don't understand Oracle saying what he did in comparing a strong arm center vs. a gnome of a guard....this is a team in need of defensive players, not circus acts.

I'm beginning to get the feeling that Singler is Stuckey 2.0....year after year Joe passed up opportunities to upgrade the PG position because we had Stuckey. Stuckey was continuously played out of position to keep him in the starting lineup until his last year in Detroit (when IMO he played his best basketball for us coming off the bench). Butler is a dead issue as far as a competitive starter goes. I still think we need a "real" small forward on this roster, now! If SVG is not going to "trust" Datome or Martin to start then he and Bowers need to get off their collective fat asses and on the phones to acquire a young, promising, dynamic SF, who he can trust and stop f@ckin around with Singler, in the starting lineup. At his best he's not young (as we need), promising (he is who he is), nor dynamic!
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty Will B. for Joel Anthony

Post  Sebastian Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:19 pm

Will B. for Joel Anthony: Is this the best GM SVG and Bowers (I forget his official title) can do? Like someone else eluded to, Gray and Thabeet can get to stepping, because Anthony will now assume the 15th position on the roster.

I kind of see, where SVG and Bowers are going with this transaction. Anthony's $.3.8 will come off the books, just like Will B.'s $3.1 would have come off the books. And, again, as another astute Pistons Pal noted, this move can make room for Dinwiddie if he is able to play.

I still want a "real" small forward on this roster, now!
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty Anthony?

Post  Oracle Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:13 pm

Murph wrote:Ok...he might better than Grey or Thabeet (maybe).  But he still sucks.

He(Anthony) is absolutely better than Thabeet & Grey put together, but that's not the question!

The question is this: Is he better than Bynum?

He's a better defender, but a worse offensive threat - Major advantage Bynum!

However, he fills a position of need, and Bynum doesn't - Advantage Anthony!

My bottom line is that we lose a little on the deal talent wise, but make up for it roster fit wise!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty Joel Anthony?

Post  Murph Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:36 pm

Ok...he might better than Grey or Thabeet (maybe). But he still sucks.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty Wow

Post  lemonpen Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:08 pm

Talk about a one sided article to the right. "Will Bynum always deserved better than the Detroit Pistons". Has the writer ever seen Bynomite play D.
Did you know that Will has a NBA brokers license.

Instead of stocks and bonds he traded layups and TO's.
lol lol lol lol lol lol lol
Don't forget to tip your waitress.

Back to my real job.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty Yep

Post  lemonpen Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:56 pm

merc wrote:Joel Anthony for Bynum is fine... opens a door for Dinwiddie.

There must be a lot stronger confidence in Dinwddie than anyone in the organization has acknowledged. In two weeks he will likely be a sprained ankle away from real action. Wonder what the odds are we see him this weekend.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:56 am

Joel Anthony for Bynum is fine... opens a door for Dinwiddie.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty 1/5 more is all WE need ...

Post  Sebastian Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:27 am

deusXango wrote:
cool breeze wrote:I would recommend eating Will Bynum's contract and get some really good young guard who has shown high potential in the summer league and pre season games. I am not sure how to go about doing it but why miss out on opportunity. I have been following Nick Johnson's grind trying to find his way as a rookie player. I couldn't help but notice two players who have been playing really well. Troy Daniels and Isiah Canaan seem to be real pressure players who make shots and get steals when it counts. There is no way Nick Johnson is not making Houston's team. But what would it take to get Daniels or Canaan? There have to be several other players who are going to get cut who might improve this Piston club. If any of you have noticed other players please advise.

T.J. Warren has been quietly doing work, the type of work we need done here, but haven't gotten; our 3rd and 4th string SF's have outperformed the fan favorites.

Chase Budinger's day has passed as far as being a Piston goes...he's damaged goods and mediocre at best. Don't we have enough mediocre players yet?

Orlando has been quiet on the trade rumor front, think they'd be interested in Bynum and a little cash for one of their SF's (Harris or Harkless)?

Yo, DX, I am on board 100% with the acquisition of a "real", starting SF. If WE are able to rotate Dre, Josh, and Moose at the PF/C positions and start one of the dudes that you have named: T.J. Warren, Tobias Harris, or even Moe Harkless, and add this guy with B. Jennings, KCP, and Dre, Josh, and Moose WE could be sneaky good.

My concerns are does SVG and Bowers have the ability to pull a trade off that can add a player of the aforementioned caliber.

OUR roster as currently constructed needs an addition of the proposed sort in the worst way.

Side note: I have really been impressed with Moose's demeanor and posture over the last week.

PG: B. Jennings/D.J. Augustine
SG: KCP/Cartier Martin (until F@ckin Jodie Meeks can play, again)
SF: T.J. Warren or Tobias Harris or Moe Harkless/Singler
PF: Josh/Moose/Jerebko
C: Dre/Moose/

The above rotation would do some damage and would be playing, until early May.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty Josh, Dre, Monroe, Jennings, Augustin, KCP & Singler will have GREAT Seasons because...

Post  Oracle Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:30 am

SVG is a coaching WIZARD!!!

FORUM - Page 29 2d6wncy
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty Aren't You The President Of The Josh Smith Fan Club?

Post  Murph Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:15 am

WISEFAN wrote:Josh has 5 TO's but has a +26 really is there value in that dumbass stat?

Good point Wise...the TO stat can be over-rated at times. lol

Seriously though, if Smith fills up the stat sheet like he did on Wed (14 pts, 10 rebds, 5 asts, 50% shooting), I don't care how many times he turns the ball over.

And more to the point, if the Pistons blow out their opponents by 26 points, when Smith is on the floor, I really don't care how may times he turns the ball over.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty The =/- Old Arguement of Validity

Post  WTF Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:32 pm

Josh has 5 TO's but has a +26 really is there value in that dumbass stat?
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty We need a really good young SF more than a PG or SG right now!

Post  deusXango Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:12 pm

cool breeze wrote:I would recommend eating Will Bynum's contract and get some really good young guard who has shown high potential in the summer league and pre season games. I am not sure how to go about doing it but why miss out on opportunity. I have been following Nick Johnson's grind trying to find his way as a rookie player. I couldn't help but notice two players who have been playing really well. Troy Daniels and Isiah Canaan seem to be real pressure players who make shots and get steals when it counts. There is no way Nick Johnson is not making Houston's team. But what would it take to get Daniels or Canaan? There have to be several other players who are going to get cut who might improve this Piston club. If any of you have noticed other players please advise.

T.J. Warren has been quietly doing work, the type of work we need done here, but haven't gotten; our 3rd and 4th string SF's have outperformed the fan favorites.

Chase Budinger's day has passed as far as being a Piston goes...he's damaged goods and mediocre at best. Don't we have enough mediocre players yet?

Orlando has been quiet on the trade rumor front, think they'd be interested in Bynum and a little cash for one of their SF's (Harris or Harkless)?
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:03 pm

merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty Just say no to Budinger!!!

Post  Oracle Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:09 pm

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty Now is the time to take a look around the league to find a young point guard or shooting guard who has high potential that a will get cut from one on the playoff teams

Post  cool breeze Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:51 pm

I would recommend eating Will Bynum's contract and get some really good young guard who has shown high potential in the summer league and pre season games. I am not sure how to go about doing it but why miss out on opportunity. I have been following Nick Johnson's grind trying to find his way as a rookie player. I couldn't help but notice two players who have been playing really well. Troy Daniels and Isiah Canaan seem to be real pressure players who make shots and get steals when it counts. There is no way Nick Johnson is not making Houston's team. But what would it take to get Daniels or Canaan? There have to be several other players who are going to get cut who might improve this Piston club. If any of you have noticed other players please advise.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty Good old Arnie doing his thing!

Post  Oracle Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:05 pm

FORUM - Page 29 B0FjZAIIIAAKvYp
FORUM - Page 29 Klanglois_100_normal Keith Langlois  @Keith_Langlois
Follow
Arnie Kander putting Cartier Martin through the paces on one of his homemade contraptions
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next