Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+9
Sissy1946
Go Stones!
merc
Sebastian
deusXango
Murph
Sparma
Phil-Good
Fennis Dembo
13 posters

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 16 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  cool breeze Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:18 pm

Go Stones! wrote:Despite having a Ron Jeremy look-alike coach with a suit that don't fit and a 2 day stubble...here are some good that may be around the corner:

1.  Dre can do better...he has not reached his peak...this is why SVG was hired.  Case not closed.
2.  SVG is still working with the team.  Between injuries and new players, it will take time to gel.  
3.  He is also in charge of player trades.  This will gain him respect from the players.  We have some good tradable pieces that could help a contender. Along with some serious cap space. Also looking at raising the cap space next year.  
4.  His big signing (Meeks) is still out.  As is Martin.  
5.  We could have over paid Stuckey and he'd be injured just the same.  
6.  SVG is using the big three against big scoring SFs.  Like Melo...most likely Lebron.
7.  We see flashes of brilliance from most of the players.  But not long enough.  Kcp, Jennings, moose, dre,....
8.  We have the best score board!
9.  We have a rookie PG that may be used very soon.   He's just an injury or tweak away.  
10. We are a deeper team than last year.  

Too many negatives, but I see that they are better than last year.  If only we can figure out the 4th quarter collapse.  

Thanks for bringing up the positive aspects Go Stones. I especially like numbers 5, 8, and 9.

As for cleaning up things in crunch time, we will need Spencer Dinwiddie to take over the point guard position or made a trade. Also, I recall that Josh Smith seldom played in crunch time or when he did play was ineffective when he was at Atlanta. I do not want to blame anything on Smith though because it was clear last night that there was absolutely no movement by any of the players with the exception of the point guard during the most critical moments at the end of the game. Meanwhile, when the subs played, we saw all kinds of ball movement and player movement and the ball going to the open man at the right time.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 16 Empty Let's take a positive look at things.

Post  Go Stones! Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:06 pm

Despite having a Ron Jeremy look-alike coach with a suit that don't fit and a 2 day stubble...here are some good that may be around the corner:

1. Dre can do better...he has not reached his peak...this is why SVG was hired. Case not closed.
2. SVG is still working with the team. Between injuries and new players, it will take time to gel.
3. He is also in charge of player trades. This will gain him respect from the players. We have some good tradable pieces that could help a contender. Along with some serious cap space. Also looking at raising the cap space next year.
4. His big signing (Meeks) is still out. As is Martin.
5. We could have over paid Stuckey and he'd be injured just the same.
6. SVG is using the big three against big scoring SFs. Like Melo...most likely Lebron.
7. We see flashes of brilliance from most of the players. But not long enough. Kcp, Jennings, moose, dre,....
8. We have the best score board!
9. We have a rookie PG that may be used very soon. He's just an injury or tweak away.
10. We are a deeper team than last year.

Too many negatives, but I see that they are better than last year. If only we can figure out the 4th quarter collapse.
Go Stones!
Go Stones!

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:40 pm

Murph wrote:I think we need to come to grips to the fact that this team is not going to make the playoffs.  Not only that, our best player is going to walk after this season, and we'll be left with our most over-paid ball hogging losers.

Rather than limping along, winning roughly 29 games, but missing the playoffs year after year, SVG needs to take a longer term approach, blow the team up and trust in his drafting skills.   bom

However, blowing this team up won't be easy.  It's going to take time.  We can probably dump Monroe for an expiring contract and a late 1st round draft pick by the Feb deadline.  But let's be real, no one's going to take Josh Smith's and Brandon Jennings' contracts off our hands.  We're just going to have to wait until Smith's and Jennings' contracts expire, which is going to take 2 - 3 more years.

So we basically need to go through 2 - 3 more years of losing, before we can start to improve.  In the meantime, we should start stock piling as many draft picks and young players as we can.

Let's face it folks, we've officially turned into the Minnesota Timberwolves.

Murph I cannot agree more with your thoughts. I wrote the same opinion about this current group of players a few days ago. I would trade our entire team for many of the other bottom dwellers right now. Those teams all have at least one quality player and other players who have amazing potential. I don't see where any of our players will ever become real solid dependable winner type players. I sure would love it if we could trade our entire team for Orlando's or even the Bucks team.

This big three thing is dull and predictable and doesn't excite anyone who knows anything about quality basketball. Our big men are a step slow mentally and lack the basic skills necessary to become complete players on the NBA level. It is insane to play all three of them at the same time. We once again have two point guards that play the same way.

Our two point guards are not good defensive players and the only way they are effective is when they shoot the ball. If the ball is not going in then they still keep shooting.

Last night the only time I saw the team play like a ten was when the 2nd unit of Augustin, Jerebco, Singler, Butler and Drummond were playing together. That group passed the basketball, set screens, and moved without the basketball. I saw them make 5 passes in one possession. However, Augustin would often screw up that group as well when he would drive to the basket out of control.

I also notice that when Smith is in the game, he never plays within the offense. He sets up wherever he wants to set up even if he creates bad floor spacing. All of his teammates have to adjust but that doesnt happen often. 't the end of the game, there was no movement by the players on offense with the point guard doing the typical thing we have seen from other Piston point guard for the past 6 years. Late lack of execution was matched by early lack of execution by this group. Dull pitiful street ball faces all Piston fans. And it can't be fun if you are a player playing this way game after game and year after year. I thought Stan Van Gundy would change things and at least make basketball fun again.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 16 Empty Divine Retribution

Post  Murph Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:16 am

Fennis Dembo wrote:So what you're saying is Joe Dumars was the chosen one until he fell out of God's favor by drafting Darko.  Hence five years of darkness has fallen on the franchise.  Plagues sent in the form of overpaid players and incompetent coaches and crushing losses have wreaked havoc on the Palace.  Okay, it all makes sense to me now. I see the light.
Reverend Leroy of "The Church of What's Happening Now"

Fennis...you make a very good point.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 16 Empty This Team Is Going No Where...Blow It Up

Post  Murph Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:11 am

I think we need to come to grips to the fact that this team is not going to make the playoffs.  Not only that, our best player is going to walk after this season, and we'll be left with our most over-paid ball hogging losers.

Rather than limping along, winning roughly 29 games, but missing the playoffs year after year, SVG needs to take a longer term approach, blow the team up and trust in his drafting skills.   bom

However, blowing this team up won't be easy.  It's going to take time.  We can probably dump Monroe for an expiring contract and a late 1st round draft pick by the Feb deadline.  But let's be real, no one's going to take Josh Smith's and Brandon Jennings' contracts off our hands.  We're just going to have to wait until Smith's and Jennings' contracts expire, which is going to take 2 - 3 more years.

So we basically need to go through 2 - 3 more years of losing, before we can start to improve.  In the meantime, we should start stock piling as many draft picks and young players as we can.

Let's face it folks, we've officially turned into the Minnesota Timberwolves.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 16 Empty Quick Review of jazz game

Post  Phil-Good Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:00 am

My League Pass was skipping every 5 seconds so I did not get to enjoy the game and really did not see everything that was going on.

But what I did see was G.Monroe not getting back on one play and Van Gundy calling A timeout going APE S.H.I.T.. It was AWESOME.. lol

KCP choked in A major way at the FT Line!!!

That cost the Pistons the game. Along with Number 20 for Utah. The maximum contract guy. He was clutch down the stretch.
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 16 Empty Don is right...

Post  Oracle Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:52 pm

If we can't close on a young Jazz team, we're in trouble... and we are!

You can't win close games if you can't shoot and you especially if you can't shoot free throws!

KCP missed two FT's down the stretch! While missing them down the stretch is more noticeable to people, missing them at any point in the game is a problem because it could eliminate the need to make them later.

SVG better recognize that this is a problem because FT shooting can be corrected, but it has to be a focus of the coach!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 16 Empty The Tweet of God

Post  Fennis Dembo Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:38 pm

So what you're saying is Joe Dumars was the chosen one until he fell out of God's favor by drafting Darko. Hence five years of darkness has fallen on the franchise. Plagues sent in the form of overpaid players and incompetent coaches and crushing losses have wreaked havoc on the Palace. Okay, it all makes sense to me now. I see the light.
Reverend Leroy of "The Church of What's Happening Now"

Fennis Dembo

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 16 Empty Utah

Post  Sparma Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:37 pm

Tough loss. I thought both teams did a lot of things well.

When Blaha cheered as Jennings put up his 23th point partway through the 3rd, I wondered if he'd score again. He didn't, including on the potential game winner.

One thing I liked in the first half is that Augustin really looked into for Drummond and then Jennings did on one play too. Around that time, AD set a hard pick for Augustin. All that made me hope they might be building some nice chemistry.

If I were drafting Jazz players, I'd pick Hayward, Favors, Kanter, Exxum, Burks, and maybe Gobert too, over you know who, who did had one nice drive to the basket drawing a foul. I'm a Michigan fan and I hope that Burke's career will prove that to be a ridiculous assessment. Tonight he looked ordinary. Maybe the KCP pick is turning out pretty well, even though this wasn't his night? (Not that I would have drafted KCP over MCW.) The Jazz, like the Bucks, look like a real promising young team. Once we lose Moose for the 10 mil cap hold space, I'd trade the Pistons roster for that of Utah. AD's the one who could prove that to a foolish idea. He did well tonight.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 16 Empty I give you your Detroit Pistons!!!

Post  Oracle Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:22 pm

FORUM - Page 16 B2B_RYHIIAA2vWj
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 16 Empty A message from the big guy...

Post  Oracle Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:18 pm

FORUM - Page 16 UJxbq8I5_normal God @TheTweetOfGod
Follow
If your team loses it's because I don't like you.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 16 Empty New for tonight!!!

Post  Oracle Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:17 pm

FORUM - Page 16 B2B_5DKCMAAaErp
FORUM - Page 16 FevwPhcI_normal Vincent Goodwill @vgoodwill
Follow
Motor City Jerseys with a twist tonight for the Pistons. Sleeves...yea or nay?

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 16 Empty Lions Motto?

Post  Oracle Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:19 pm

FORUM - Page 16 Opj9zzB__normal LZ Granderson         @Locs_n_Laughs
Follow
Not sure how we nearly lost, nor how we eventually won-- 2014 Detroit Lions motto.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 16 Empty Stafford

Post  Oracle Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:10 pm

From goat to HERO!!!

Throws TD with 29 seconds left!

LIONS WIN!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 16 Empty Can somebody PLEASE...

Post  Oracle Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:41 pm

String Mathew Stafford up????

What a effing LOSER!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 16 Empty All Three Greg Josh and Andre........

Post  WTF Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:49 pm

Should be consistent double-double guys and at 1 of them should manage a consistent triple doubles game. IMO all three underachieve more than they should.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 16 Empty IMO, Drummond should be capable of doing this too!

Post  Oracle Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:44 pm

Of course, Davis is a truly complete player, with a balanced game - 27pts, 11 boards, 4 assists & 6 blocked shots

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 16 Empty I might add...

Post  Oracle Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:40 pm

WISEFAN wrote:GO LIONS

GO LIONS!!!

guitar
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 16 Empty PLUS............

Post  WTF Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:14 pm

GO LIONS
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 16 Empty Josh Smith Fan Club Say's...........

Post  WTF Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:04 pm

STOP HATIN!

Like it or not Pistons don't win last 2 games without him bad FT shooting in all. tb

dance GO! JOSH! GO!
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 16 Empty OMFG!!! Down 2, Knight uses BLAZING speed on the last play of the game...

Post  Oracle Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:07 am

Scores it and gets the foul to take the lead!!!

WOW!!!

Knight is truly the man now!!!

I agree with Sparma, Don & others, this Buck team is really talented!

The OKC comparison is too early to make, but IMO, they may not have two players at that talent level, but they have what OKC didn't have, about 4 players that have high talent levels!

BTW, Anthony Davis did the same thing as Knight on the last play to beat the Spurs! He made a move that Drummond should be fully capable of making, using his superior speed to get a foot lead on his man and get to the basket.

Drummond has all of these tools, but he's not stringing them together!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 16 Empty And Drummond, listen to SVG & stop playing these games!

Post  Oracle Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:54 pm

FORUM - Page 16 5-1
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 16 Empty More Drummond...

Post  Oracle Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:23 pm

"Opponents shoot over the top of him with ease, which should be a risky proposition against someone with his hand speed, leaping ability and sheer size. He's averaging 1.6 blocks per game in 27.3 minutes, and isn't changing shots as much as Van Gundy would like — but then again, the Pistons coach is trying his best to be patient." - Drummonds slow start continues
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 16 Empty RE

Post  Phil-Good Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:49 pm

Cool. I agree with you. You got some good points. I agree that Minnesota and Orlando, young players, stand out to me as well. When I look at the Pistons and our current situation, i want to see more young talent.

KCP and Drummonds are going to be good BEAST but they young and dumb right now. But I can see winning A championship with those two.

I like Monroe as well. You can win with Monroe but he has 1 foot out the door and I believe he is already gone. Between the Spurs, NY Knicks, Lakers and New Orleans, Monroe is all but out of Detroit. i would be shocked if he stayed around.

Josh Smith has to go! No questions about it. B.Jennings is not A lost cause like Josh Smith but he not too far behind.

The rest of the guys on the team I can live with as long as the amount of money they make is low. But it's clear, some guys need to move on to different teams.
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 16 Empty Drummond... the perils of being a big mouth!

Post  Oracle Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:26 pm

Drummond comes back from Team USA talking sh!t like he played the minutes of Anthony Davis or Demarcus Cousins.

Well, his teammates came back and are showing their maturity on the court, while Drummond is looking like last years version!

Not that he isn't still doing well, but there's little evidence of any leap in any phase of the game.

IMO, he needs to find one thing that he needs to improve and master it before he tries more stuff.

Right now he's trying to improve in so many areas that he's  mastering none of them and it's bringing his game and the team down.

When we go to him in the post, the ball rarely comes out until it clangs off the rim... a passer he is not!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next