Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+9
Sissy1946
Go Stones!
merc
Sebastian
deusXango
Murph
Sparma
Phil-Good
Fennis Dembo
13 posters

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty Very, VERY interesting article! Who were the EARNED starters?

Post  Oracle Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:54 am

We talk about this, but this article looks at the stats to see who earned the spots!

Earned Starters wrote:5) Preseason-Earned Starting Five

If we ignore everything else and only looked at preseason production, who would be Detroit's starting five for the regular season? Ladies and gents, your All-Preseason Team:

Center: Andre Drummond - I was a hair away from bumping Drummond from this pretend starting lineup in the first place. He was a letdown this preseason, as he shot poorly in increased usage and was pretty poor on the defensive end. Dre, you made it in by a hair, my friend. Amazingly, you were only a hair more productive on offense than Josh Smith was in terms of offensive rating. I am disappoint.

Power Forward: Greg Monroe - A perfect preseason. Starter, bench, center, power forward, it doesn't matter. You did every job you were asked to do on both ends of the court. You were Detroit's best player in the preseason hands down.

Small Forward: Cartier Martin - You were hot from deep, and that's precisely what this team needed to see from you. Small forward was a clear point of weakness in the preseason, but you did admirably. Caron Butler approached your heels by the end of the preseason, but your involvement on defense gives you the slight edge.

Shooting Guard: Kentavious Caldwell-Pope - Despite missing much of the preseason, when you were on court, you were a hair behind Greg Monroe in productivity. You shot a blinding 0.642 TS% and stepped up your game from three-point range. I'd love to see the stat-stuffing game you played in college, but that still hasn't come close to materializing in the NBA yet. In the mean time, however, I'll applaud such efficiency 7 days a week.

Point Guard: DJ Augustin - I explained this case above, but you won the preseason my good man.

Full article here - Detroit Pistons Preseason Review: 5 Key Takeaways for 2014-15
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty Let's get real, take off those funny glasses, spill the kool aide and drop the pipe!

Post  Oracle Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:36 am

Better than Singler? Please, that kid can't carry Singler's jock strap from the bench to the locker room!

You could probably put together a 8 minute segment of Mitchell's highlights and think he had potential too!

Ok, I'll give you that the kid looks good on film, unfortunately for you guys, they don't play games on film, and the Nuggets don't waive future stars either.

There is something that this kid is doing wrong, and it's likely stuff that hurts a real team!!!

Having said that, I wouldn't object to SVG dumping both Mitchell & Datome and taking a flyer on some kid with potential, I just don't know who that might be!

In football, there is real gold in the waiver wires, but in the NBA, it's mostly trash and vets on their last legs!

The Nuggets aren't so talented that they can afford to let good players go, they ain't the 2004 Pistons, brimming with talented starters and a bench so rich in talent we couldn't hold them all!

The kid has a major flaw, the only question is can it be fixed and how much time and energy would it take to get him there!

Bottom line, we have a 3 year player that many coaches see as talented enough to start at multiple positions, and has played out of position for most of those 3 years! Why you guys object to seeing and allowing him to adjust to playing his natural position before blowing taps on his ass is beyond me lol !

Oh well, it probably makes no difference, and we'll all be focused once the real games get started, and our posting will increasingly get into game shape by then Smile
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty Wise doesn't believe his lying eyes ...

Post  Sebastian Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:30 am

WISEFAN wrote:
Sebastian wrote:Oracle, Wise, Murph, and cool, you guys can't tell me that after watching this video of Quincy Miller as a Denver Nugget that Kyle Singler is better than this kid. Keep in mine that he has played in limited minutes, thus far in his career.

So why did Denver cut him? if he was of any real value Denver would have likely sought to trade him instead.  Does Miller has any more potential than Mitch, Datome and a few others whom at one time all look great in a youtube clip.  

Don't get me wrong again I was hoping beyond all hope that the rumor Portland trade happen and we landed Batum. The NBA isn't like the NFL waiting on players to fall in the waiver trap and then capitalizing on their potential.  I'm saying role with Singler until we can pull off a trade if need be, but as a 5th option Singler is fine because SF isn't the make or break position on this team.

I can't answer for the dumb ass executives in the offices of the Denver Nuggets, but the team that scoops this kid up is going to be a smart group. This kid is worthy of being on a NBA roster and why not OUR roster.

This is an 8:56 minute video of evidence that Miller is better than Singler. There are no duplicated segments in this video of Miller. It is a collection of the variety of things that Miller is capable of doing. The dude can finish with both hands mind you; he will flush it on anybody who is in his way; he can shoot the long ball; he can get the rebound and take it from end to end; he can find the open man on the break; he blocks shots; he has handles, too. Quincy Miller makes sh!t happen. He doesn't defer and wait for sh!t to happen.

Kyle Singler is not better than Quincy Miller.

SVG would really be a pimp GM, if he signed this kid and unveiled him as a Piston on Wednesday (10/29) when WE open up the season at Denver. Do it Gores, SVG, and Bowers. Sign this kid, now!

Wise did you watch the entire video?
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty Our future is staring us right in the face

Post  deusXango Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:53 am

Sebastian wrote:Oracle, Wise, Murph, and cool, you guys can't tell me that after watching this video of Quincy Miller as a Denver Nugget that Kyle Singler is better than this kid. Keep in mine that he has played in limited minutes, thus far in his career.

Sebastian, this is the type of factual, in your face, common sense evidence that'll make tunnel vision fanatics hate you. Shocked
Seriously, I know Pistons fans like Singler (I like the guy too), but we've got to put down the rose colored glasses we look at him through.

Oracle, if anyone had made the argument you did about the lack of true starters on our team to justify continuing to start Singler, you'd rip them a new one; the starting lineup of the Detroit Pistons is weak, but Singler is the weakest of the weak and should/can be replaced.

After watching the video I realized that this is a young kid like Drummond, KCP, and Dinwiddie; give Miller a year to come off the bench with Dinwiddie and see how they improve by next year. Let Singler continue to start, but give Miller some consistent PT (preferably playing with Dinwiddie for chemistry purposes) and allow all Pistons observers see what we have, or not, in a core group of Drummond, Miller, KCP, and Dinwiddie.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty You Can't Say Definitely He's Better

Post  WTF Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:12 am

So why did Denver cut him? if he was of any real value Denver would have likely sought to trade him instead. Does Miller has any more potential than Mitch, Datome and a few others whom at one time all look great in a youtube clip.

Don't get me wrong again I was hoping beyond all hope that the rumor Portland trade happen and we landed Batum. The NBA isn't like the NFL waiting on players to fall in the waiver trap and then capitalizing on their potential. I'm saying role with Singler until we can pull off a trade if need be, but as a 5th option Singler is fine because SF isn't the make or break position on this team.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty Quincy Miller can play, plain and simple ...

Post  Sebastian Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:38 am

Oracle, Wise, Murph, and cool, you guys can't tell me that after watching this video of Quincy Miller as a Denver Nugget that Kyle Singler is better than this kid. Keep in mine that he has played in limited minutes, thus far in his career.

Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty Duly noted ...

Post  Sebastian Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:02 am

Oracle wrote:Hey guys, I don't think ANYBODY here thinks Singler as he's currently constituted is a starter on a contending team... so what does that have to do with him starting for the Detroit Pistons?

Hell, Jennings is not a starter on a contending team!

Neither KCP or Meeks are starters on a contending team!

Monroe is not a starter on a contending team!

Drummond is not a starter on a contending team!

Only Josh is capable of starting on a contending team, and he would have questions surrounding his ass!

So what are you guys talking about???

IMHO, the operative word on ALL of these players, with the possible exception of Josh is.... YET!!!

So you guys need to start smelling the coffee and stop talking about a contending team until we prove that we have one!

Until then, I'm comfortable with all of our starters, and if we do better than expected, then we can have a conversation about super sizing!

Oracle has presented a cogent and sound point-of-view on this topic. Each point that you have noted is very sound and reasonable. And, quite frankly helps to make the point that me and DX are making about OUR SF position. WE have a chance to make a genius move by picking up a young player for pennies, who can give OUR guys a more defined team for this season and seasons to come, potentially.

Okay, I said potentially, but Oracle adding a guy like Quincy Miller and seguing him into the starting lineup would help to put everybody in their proper roles. A line-up that could compete with any team in the League:

PG- B. Jennings/D.J. Augustine
SG- KCP/F@ckin Jodie Meeks
SF- Quincy Miller/Singler/Cartier Martin
PF- Josh/Moose/Jerebko
C- Dre Drummond/Moose/Anthony

Singler fans can watch Kyle space the floor, while F@ckin Jodie Meeks' back heals. Cartier Martin fans can see increased minutes, while Meeks is out, too. Moose can be like a Vinnie Johnson type figure, but on the front line. He can get his from the PF and the Center positions. He can actually finish most games. I have been pretty hard on Moose and will continue to be, but if he plays like he has played during the pre-season then I am cool with him. He has been very aggressive with better footwork and balance, when I have seen him during the pre-season. Jerebko can see minutes with Moose or with Dre on the floor.

I realize Caron Butler was not listed, he can get spot minutes here and there or he can just sit on the bench like Corey Maggette did during the final season of his career. Butler's sitting 70-76 games like Maggette sat will be cheaper, too. Corey got $12 million that season and Butler will cash around $5.5 million. Keep getting those checks, Caron!

Note: It was actually Grant Hill on the NBATV Pistons pre-view show that made the Vinnie Johnson, Zeke, and Joe rotation comparison in an inverted way, when describing the front line rotation of Dre, Josh, and Moose. When you think about adding a long athletic player, who can shoot the three, put the ball on the floor and who can grow with OUR squad and be coached by SVG, asses well surely return to the seats in the Palace.

It is just a prudent move to swoop this kid up for pennies. And, I thought Gores was suppose to be a smart business man. Gores, SVG, and Bowers should sign this kid.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty Important Move

Post  Oracle Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:47 pm

This signifies that Drummond & KCP are clearly seen as major future pieces for this franchise!

FORUM - Page 26 Klanglois_100_normalKeith Langlois  @Keith_Langlois
Follow
No surprises but #Pistons exercise team options on year 4 for @AndreDrummondd and year 3 for @CaldwellPope1
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty Singler is not a starting SF ... and smelling the coffee!

Post  Oracle Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:43 pm

Hey guys, I don't think ANYBODY here thinks Singler as he's currently constituted is a starter on a contending team... so what does that have to do with him starting for the Detroit Pistons?

Hell, Jennings is not a starter on a contending team!

Neither KCP or Meeks are starters on a contending team!

Monroe is not a starter on a contending team!

Drummond is not a starter on a contending team!

Only Josh is capable of starting on a contending team, and he would have questions surrounding his ass!

So what are you guys talking about???

IMHO, the operative word on ALL of these players, with the possible exception of Josh is.... YET!!!

So you guys need to start smelling the coffee and stop talking about a contending team until we prove that we have one!

Until then, I'm comfortable with all of our starters, and if we do better than expected, then we can have a conversation about super sizing!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty Singler is not a starting SF ...

Post  Sebastian Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:54 pm

WISEFAN wrote:
Sebastian wrote:
Murph wrote:I disagree that Singler had a lousy preseason.  Singler averaged 10 ppg, on 41% shooting, and had positive +/- stats.  That's about who he is.  Sure his FG% will improve a little in the regular season to about 44%, and his 3 pt shooting will improve a little to about 35%, but this year I expect Singler to average about 10 to 12 ppg as a glue guy.

If you don't like that, then SVG should spend next years 1st round draft choice on a SF and try to develop him into a starter, or sign a bigger name FA SF next off season...but of course there are always risks going the FA route.

But we can't just pick up guys off the waiver wire and expect them to step in and out-play Singler.

Yo, Murph, much respect for your points-of-view, but here comes the BUT ... I honestly believe that Quincy Miller is better than Elmers Singler.

Seb, I think I've said this to you in the past but I will again and that's is you can't expect 20 points at every position every night.   Role players are require pieces rather starting or coming off the bench and that's just the way it is.  I think both you and DX would have a better argument to trade Singler if you both were arguing whether he fits or not.  I have to agree with Murph though I'm not high on Singler as some that 10 pts out of the SF right now is perfectly reasonable.

Keep in mind that what ever SF we have from an offense standpoint doesn't necessarily add addition points he just becomes another option at scoring in that he takes other opportunities from other players to score.  Again think Prince is Prince was a Grant Hill as a rookie then CB, Rip, Corliss and so on doesn't need to score as much.

The only real expectation I have of the SF spot is that who ever there plays smart and don't turn the ball over, the thing I would like to see is better defense.

Name me one other starting SF other than Mike Dunleavy Jr. (oh and any other slug that the Sixers will insert in their starting SF position) that Kyle Singler can possibly guard? The paramount concern that I have with Singler starting at the SF position is the fact that he cannot guard the position.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty Elmers Singler as described by DX

Post  Sebastian Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:50 pm

deusXango wrote:I think fans of Singler are going to do him an injustice in the long run with continuing to campaign for him to be a starter when he's not. Sebastian nor myself have called for Singler to be traded, we simply have stated he's a 8th-9th man on a contending teams rotation

Speaking for myself (I don't want Seb to take any unnecessary fire because of what I'm about to say), the reason I've put so much emphasis on the SF spot is because of two things; Greg Monroe and Josh Smith. The Moose very well may not be a Piston beyond this year (for those who're still in denial) and there's a constant call for J-Smoove to be traded (if he's not, this is his last contract with Detroit); we need a young stud to develop along with Drummond, KCP, and Dinwiddie. I think the teams interest is far better served using next summers draft to acquire a PF than it is pursuing a SF....to that end, Quincy Miller (because he's the best available), Moe Harkless, Gerald Green, or T.J. Warren are the current favorites of myself and others. Imagine losing both Monroe and Smith, as some wish for, how does it look depending on Singler or Butler or Martin, for that matter, to step up and be an asset in the starting lineup with Drummond, KCP, and Dinwiddie? Glue not only holds things together, but it's known to gum up the works also.

We've got solid bench players at every position, but starters that fit at only four positions; we can't just plug bodies in because they have the ability to mimic invisibility for the majority of the time on the court and show up every now & then, we need a consistent alpha dog raring to go at all times. Again I say, Singler is a hell of a backup and I want him on the team when we make it to the top, but damn, I'm tired of him being forced to start!

Yo, DX, my thoughts exactly regarding the subject that is Kyle Singler. I do concur.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty Step back y'all....Singler the "glue guy" ain't gonna stick in the starting lineup!

Post  deusXango Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:29 pm

I think fans of Singler are going to do him an injustice in the long run with continuing to campaign for him to be a starter when he's not. Sebastian nor myself have called for Singler to be traded, we simply have stated he's a 8th-9th man on a contending teams rotation

Speaking for myself (I don't want Seb to take any unnecessary fire because of what I'm about to say), the reason I've put so much emphasis on the SF spot is because of two things; Greg Monroe and Josh Smith. The Moose very well may not be a Piston beyond this year (for those who're still in denial) and there's a constant call for J-Smoove to be traded (if he's not, this is his last contract with Detroit); we need a young stud to develop along with Drummond, KCP, and Dinwiddie. I think the teams interest is far better served using next summers draft to acquire a PF than it is pursuing a SF....to that end, Quincy Miller (because he's the best available), Moe Harkless, Gerald Green, or T.J. Warren are the current favorites of myself and others. Imagine losing both Monroe and Smith, as some wish for, how does it look depending on Singler or Butler or Martin, for that matter, to step up and be an asset in the starting lineup with Drummond, KCP, and Dinwiddie? Glue not only holds things together, but it's known to gum up the works also.

We've got solid bench players at every position, but starters that fit at only four positions; we can't just plug bodies in because they have the ability to mimic invisibility for the majority of the time on the court and show up every now & then, we need a consistent alpha dog raring to go at all times. Again I say, Singler is a hell of a backup and I want him on the team when we make it to the top, but damn, I'm tired of him being forced to start!
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty Nice Start Kid!!!

Post  Oracle Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:47 pm

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty Wise makes an Excellent point!

Post  Oracle Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:32 pm

Fit is probably the biggest thing!

You have to look at WHO the offense is designed to get points from!

In our offense, it's Jennings/Augustin, Meeks/KCP, Josh/Monroe and Drummond!

So tell me why we need a stud SF again? We don't unless we alter the offense and focus on that position!

In our offense SF is likely the 5th option lol lol lol lol
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty Murph is a Singler fan ...

Post  WTF Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:24 pm

Sebastian wrote:
Murph wrote:I disagree that Singler had a lousy preseason.  Singler averaged 10 ppg, on 41% shooting, and had positive +/- stats.  That's about who he is.  Sure his FG% will improve a little in the regular season to about 44%, and his 3 pt shooting will improve a little to about 35%, but this year I expect Singler to average about 10 to 12 ppg as a glue guy.

If you don't like that, then SVG should spend next years 1st round draft choice on a SF and try to develop him into a starter, or sign a bigger name FA SF next off season...but of course there are always risks going the FA route.

But we can't just pick up guys off the waiver wire and expect them to step in and out-play Singler.

Yo, Murph, much respect for your points-of-view, but here comes the BUT ... I honestly believe that Quincy Miller is better than Elmers Singler.

Seb, I think I've said this to you in the past but I will again and that's is you can't expect 20 points at every position every night. Role players are require pieces rather starting or coming off the bench and that's just the way it is. I think both you and DX would have a better argument to trade Singler if you both were arguing whether he fits or not. I have to agree with Murph though I'm not high on Singler as some that 10 pts out of the SF right now is perfectly reasonable.

Keep in mind that what ever SF we have from an offense standpoint doesn't necessarily add addition points he just becomes another option at scoring in that he takes other opportunities from other players to score. Again think Prince is Prince was a Grant Hill as a rookie then CB, Rip, Corliss and so on doesn't need to score as much.

The only real expectation I have of the SF spot is that who ever there plays smart and don't turn the ball over, the thing I would like to see is better defense.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty Murph is a Singler fan ...

Post  Sebastian Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:36 pm

Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty Preseason

Post  Murph Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:33 pm

I disagree that Singler had a lousy preseason. Singler averaged 10 ppg, on 41% shooting, and had positive +/- stats. That's about who he is. Sure his FG% will improve a little in the regular season to about 44%, and his 3 pt shooting will improve a little to about 35%, but this year I expect Singler to average about 10 to 12 ppg as a glue guy.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty A more sober Oracle?

Post  Sebastian Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:16 pm

Oracle wrote:Seb, for Singler & Butler in particular, this was obviously their best showing, so overall, they've had a poor preseason. However my praise for Martin is based on just about every game, he's been pretty consistent defensively and offensively! My praise of Martin is as a guy coming off the bench, not a starter, so I don't see how you can be against what he's doing, he fills his role perfectly!

Augustin was both good and bad last night! I was continually frustrated with his poor FT shooting, but I do think DDB was a little tough on him.

"Looking past the admittedly good 11 assists and 1 TO, the fact is that a lot of the time there was a lot of dribbling from Augustin and stagnant movement from the others.  There were numerous times where Josh Smith amongst others, had his hands held out as if to say, "what play are we running?" This game, in my mind, proved Augustin is better served as a bench scorer, despite his 11 assists.  A lot of his passes were late in the shot clock, trying to conserve his percentages." - DDB

Murph, Dinwiddie did play great until fatigue took its toll!

Speaking of Dinwiddie, his athletics is only average, but Butler says what I've seen in his college film, and expect from him! This dude is tricky on the court and just has a good feel for the game. Here's what Butler says.

"I've been telling folks around the league, my people, just telling them that we got a nice little steal there with Spence," Butler said. "He can do it all, he can shoot the ball -- he's clever, he's extremely clever. I don't want his head to blow up so I keep it to myself but he can play the game of basketball." - Butler

Oracle wrote: for Singler & Butler in particular, this was obviously their best showing, so overall, they've had a poor preseason. Hence the reason, why I am certain that WE need a player who can play the SF position more effectively and consistently. Why not go get the kid, Quincy Miller? As it was reported earlier during the week that the Nuggets have waived the kid. QM (Quincy Miller) would be a nice piece at the starting SF position. The kid is long, skilled, and is cheap! I just did a quick search at HoopsHype at Quincy Miller is currently listed as a NBA player - http://hoopshype.com/players.htm#M. Like DX, has noted this kid can play. Wake the f@ck-up Bowers and GM SVG, signed this kid!

Singler needs to be properly cast as an 9th-man. Butler just need to keep cashing those checks, fill in where needed, and serve as a veteran presence in the locker room. I agree with your assessment of Cartier Martin.

One reason, why D.J. Augustine has a bit of ambiguity associated with his game, last night, is because D.J. is a back-up point; and as I have written on more than one occasion that is okay. Every team needs a dependable back-up PG.

I just wished that Bowers would get off of his fat ass and get US a SF, so that WE can compete every night and still be playing in May. WE can easily create the roster space by waiving T. Mitch and/or Linguine.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty Stuff...

Post  Oracle Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:34 pm

Seb, for Singler & Butler in particular, this was obviously their best showing, so overall, they've had a poor preseason. However my praise for Martin is based on just about every game, he's been pretty consistent defensively and offensively! My praise of Martin is as a guy coming off the bench, not a starter, so I don't see how you can be against what he's doing, he fills his role perfectly!

Augustin was both good and bad last night! I was continually frustrated with his poor FT shooting, but I do think DDB was a little tough on him.

"Looking past the admittedly good 11 assists and 1 TO, the fact is that a lot of the time there was a lot of dribbling from Augustin and stagnant movement from the others.  There were numerous times where Josh Smith amongst others, had his hands held out as if to say, "what play are we running?" This game, in my mind, proved Augustin is better served as a bench scorer, despite his 11 assists.  A lot of his passes were late in the shot clock, trying to conserve his percentages." - DDB

Murph, Dinwiddie did play great until fatigue took its toll!

Speaking of Dinwiddie, his athletics is only average, but Butler says what I've seen in his college film, and expect from him! This dude is tricky on the court and just has a good feel for the game. Here's what Butler says.

"I've been telling folks around the league, my people, just telling them that we got a nice little steal there with Spence," Butler said. "He can do it all, he can shoot the ball -- he's clever, he's extremely clever. I don't want his head to blow up so I keep it to myself but he can play the game of basketball." - Butler
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty Some sobering facts taken from last nights snapshot

Post  deusXango Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:40 pm

Josh Smith's stat sheet stuffing means he's the most team oriented PF we have; you take away the 3's and allow him to play to his strengths, he's a killer across the board and on both ends of the floor.

SF by committee can work; I've ripped Singler and Butler in particular, but based on the broke clock principal, they can have value more often than not. I continue to be impressed with Martin, but like Sebastian has stated (and I'm in full agreement), all our SF's are 8th-9th men off a good bench.

In spite of what's being said about how much SVG values Jerebko, I look at his PT; when a 2nd round rookie with possibly a gimpy knee gets more burn than a teams mainstay...uh,oh!

Speaking of PT (or lack of) Mitchell had some scrap minutes thrown his way, but Datome didn't get that; win, lose, or draw, when you can't get any time against the 76ers on the last preseason game of the year, you're gone. Gigi, oh Gigi, we hardly knew yee.

The eye test has shown me that Augustin plays a more consistent and balanced game than Jennings; absent the swag and flash, what do you have in PG play by Jennings? There's no swag and flash attached to Augustin's game, but he has a solid game as a facilitator.

Joel Anthony is a beast as a 3rd center; if for no other reason, Anthony is available and therefore deserves to be our backup center over Gray.

deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty Don't wet your pants ...

Post  Sebastian Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:53 am

Murph wrote:We have a beast burger for ourselves at small forward.  lol   The combination of Singler-Martin-Butler lit it up for 54 points, 13 rebounds and 9 steals.  clap

Drummond, even when he has a bad game still got a double double.  Smith filled up the stat sheet as usual, with 17 pts, 10 rbds and 7 asts.  Augustin dished 11 asts as a starter.  

And Dinwiddie played great in his debut.

All of which begs the questions:  Is this for real?  Are we really this good?  Is SVG really a genius for turning last year's rag-tag bunch into contenders over night?

Stay tuned for the answers Wed night in Denver.

Piston Pals, specifically Murph, cool, and Oracle, don't pee on yourselves after last night's performances by Singler, Caron Butler, and Cartier Martin. Remember this was a preseason game versus the D-League Sixers.

Singler is still an 8th- or 9th-man; Caron Butler is still cashing those checks; and Cartier Martin is indeed a scrappy, cheap player, who himself is an 8th-man.

We still don't have a starting, caliber SF.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty NBATV's Piston Preview ...

Post  Sebastian Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:50 am

cool breeze wrote:
deusXango wrote:
Murph wrote:I'm sorry, I j just don't see Quincy Miller as any kind of an upgrade over Singler, Bulter and Martin, at the SF position.

Now Moe Harkless...there's a guy I wouldn't mind seeing SVG go after.  I think Harkless has a great deal of potential.

Murph, I don't know how much you've seen of Quincy Miller, but I've been banging the drum for Moe Harkless for the longest...that young man is a stud! T.J. Warren is another, IMHO. Did you watch Gerald Green last night? Do you think Singler is better than he is? Hedo Turkoglu, as old as he is, compared to Singler and Butler looked like an All-Star on his way to the HOF last night. Why didn't SVG go after him instead of Butler?

As far as our SF situation goes, I really don't care to hear the praises of Singler and Butler sang; if that's what we're depending on and the best we're going to do, then we're up sh!ts creek without a paddle. I'm sorry, but I think our current SF's are sub-standard.

It is interesting to note that neither Zeke or Grant Hill thought the small forward position was the weak spot for this Piston team. I am amazed that this is your focus and has been now for about 2 years. There is much more to worry about than how well Singler and Butler will play this season. What is the chemistry like between the big men or between Jennings and Smith. There has been some discussion if SVG plays his style of basketball where the 4 stretches the floor that Singler might be playing some power forward. Can Smith or Drummond be trusted at the free throw line where many games are won or lost. Can Drummond show some offensive presence in the paint so Piston opponents don't cheat off of Drummond much like they did when Michael Curry and Ben Wallace played. Meeks is out with a serious back injury and Pope has a knee injury. Does the team really have the right point guard for the future? Can SVG handle the duel role of coach and President? How will the players react if he starts talking about trading a player when SVG walks into the locker room? Finally, will lack of good team chemistry cause this team to implode like they did last season starting in the month of December? There are so many issues and bigger questions than who will play small forward. My biggest concern right now is overall team health. Key players have been out for some time now with injuries. If good chemistry does form, can key players make it though an entire NBA season?

I will be excited if Spencer D. shows he can play ball after the serious ACL injury. It seems that he is pushing it to come back this soon. But if he is successful this year, that will be enough for me because he is the high character leader type player that Zeke talked about in the Piston Preview show I watched. He is the guy who had a great college coach to play for at Colorado.

Yo, cool, it is only a 30 minute (with 8 minutes of commercials) show. OUR Pistons Greats, Zeke and Grant Hill, just didn't have enough time to comment on the current state of the pitiful situation at the SF position.

Last edited by Sebastian on Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty The Beast Burger

Post  Murph Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:20 am

We have a beast burger for ourselves at small forward. lol  The combination of Singler-Martin-Butler lit it up for 54 points, 13 rebounds and 9 steals.  clap

Drummond, even when he has a bad game still got a double double.  Smith filled up the stat sheet as usual, with 17 pts, 10 rbds and 7 asts.  Augustin dished 11 asts as a starter.  

And Dinwiddie played great in his debut.

All of which begs the questions:  Is this for real?  Are we really this good?  Is SVG really a genius for turning last year's rag-tag bunch into contenders over night?

Stay tuned for the answers Wed night in Denver.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty The Beast Burger

Post  Fennis Dembo Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:57 pm

The Beast Burger looks like something Anthony Bourdain would eat at 5 AM after drinking all night in numerous pubs. lol lol

Fennis Dembo

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty Martin

Post  Oracle Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:56 pm

Almost saved the game by his lonesome!

This dude is so disruptive and good on both ends it's amazing he's had a hard time catching on with teams!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next