Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+9
Sissy1946
Go Stones!
merc
Sebastian
deusXango
Murph
Sparma
Phil-Good
Fennis Dembo
13 posters

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty First Game

Post  Phil-Good Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:24 am

The effort on Defense is better. The coaching is better. Other then that, looks exactly like last years team, for this game anyways!!

Good work by Josh Smith. Not 1 bad word about his effort and basketball IQ tonight.

WOW! How the Pistons missed Mr Monroe tonight. But I believe he will be gone next summer so we need to get ready when he does walk.

Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty SVG's first coaching boner!

Post  Oracle Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:55 am

SVG down played the significance of altitude, so that tells me that he didn't do a damn thing to prepare his team for this... DUMB!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty Really needed M&M...

Post  Oracle Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:33 am

Martin & Monroe!

Drummond looked like a rookie except for one MONSTER dunk that will surely be a big time highlight!

But his defense is terrible!

KCP looked like his rookie year, and we shot poorly from deep(but so did the nuggets).

I want to say team defense was good, but it's harder to tell when you see the 3 stooges break dancing on the hard wood!

Jennings looked good and horrible, but when you have more turnovers than assists, your PG rating is going to take a hit!

IMO, they never looked right to me from the start!

Completely tired early on, the huffing and puffing was visible! Ball movement was below par, and Singler despite a few good defensive plays and a couple of timely baskets looked totally ineffective.

However, in his defense, we unfortunately needed more from him than we would have if KCP, Martin & Monroe were in the game!

This game shows how badly we need Monroe! he would have had a field day with these bigs and kept us comfortably ahead with easy shots instead of working as hard as we did!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty Josh Smith...

Post  Oracle Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:41 pm

Is putting on a CLINIC!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty It's UGLY!!!

Post  Oracle Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:12 pm

Phil1980boy wrote:Man, the Pistons need some help at the 2 and 3 positions real bad!!

Hopefully they adjust, but if not for Josh & Augustin, they would be down double digits!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty WOW

Post  Phil-Good Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:41 pm

Man, the Pistons need some help at the 2 and 3 positions real bad!!
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty Butt UGLY...

Post  Oracle Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:38 pm

This first quarter is a real stinker!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty This is classic

Post  deusXango Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:12 pm

Oracle wrote:

Wise, we have an annoying amount of injuries, and what scares me is that very few of them occur during real action(I think only KCP).

Meeks got hurt dreaming he was Kobe, Jennings likely jerking off, and now Martin comes up lame while picking his corns!

Moose pees his pants and costs us 2 games... when will it end???

It's great to see you on top of your game Oracle! Now if only the Pistons follow suit we'll come home with the win.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty SVG is WRONG!!!

Post  Oracle Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:22 pm

Fennis Dembo wrote:It seems like we might actually  get some truth from SVG not the usual nonsense were used to.    Today he was saying the players can't use the altitude in Denver as an excuse.  The altitude thing is a complete myth.  
He also said the defense isn't  near where he wants it to be.   Refreshing from all the bs we got from the former coaches and Dumars disappearing act.  I'll be surprised if he he says,  "We just needed to get more of the fifty-fifty balls."

The altitude is not a myth!

I've been to the Denver area a lot, and altitude has absolutely no effect on you in normal activities, but try running a long distance and you'll notice the difference.

That's the bad news. The good news is that you tend to adjust after awhile, so it's important that we don't get into too deep a hole early on and weather the storm.

Wise, we have an annoying amount of injuries, and what scares me is that very few of them occur during real action(I think only KCP).

Meeks got hurt dreaming he was Kobe, Jennings likely jerking off, and now Martin comes up lame while picking his corns!

Moose pees his pants and costs us 2 games... when will it end???
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty No Rocky Mountain High In Colorado

Post  Fennis Dembo Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:56 pm

It seems like we might actually  get some truth from SVG not the usual nonsense were used to.    Today he was saying the players can't use the altitude in Denver as an excuse.  The altitude thing is a complete myth.  
He also said the defense isn't  near where he wants it to be.   Refreshing from all the bs we got from the former coaches and Dumars disappearing act.  I'll be surprised if he he says,  "We just needed to get more of the fifty-fifty balls."

Fennis Dembo

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty Tonight's Opener

Post  WTF Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:15 pm

I'm excited about the start of the season tonight but not sure if we can get the road victory tonight but anything is possible so I'm a little hopeful. Truthfully I think we're better than Denver and should win but.............

Also a reminder the the 20 game rule is in effect lets not kill the team 5 minutes after the game is completed.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty 'Blade Runner' takes place almost exactly 5 years from now...

Post  Oracle Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:48 pm

Here's the current state of replicant technology

FORUM - Page 24 B1D-FTHIcAAcBau
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty Don

Post  Oracle Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:44 pm

cool breeze wrote:If any of you watched the Orlando-New Orleans game last night you would say why in hell doesn't SVG try making a trade to obtain Ryan Anderson. He fits SVGs style of play. Anderson looked outstanding in this game and I believe he made at least 5 three point shots before the 4th quarter started. He also looked good on the defensive end and in the low block. Guess where Moose really wants to play? Yes he wants to play for New Orleans. This is a no brainer for me. Could Detroit somehow get a draft choice with this trade as well? Moose gets to play center with a star power forward. We get a really outstanding athlete, quality defender rebounder and a guy who really can step out behind the 3 point line and knock down shots. This trade changes our Piston team in a great way. Then all we need is a quality starting point guard who can defend.

IMO, this type of trade is more important than anything!

Moose is good, but he doesn't fit as well as a stretch 4, and as much as I want to keep Monroe, it's hard to see how he stays barring us winning at minimum the ECF!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty Seb, Singler will be fine & stuff

Post  Oracle Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:41 pm

My expectations are not low, expectations are RELATIVE!

I said that I don't expect a breakout season like I do from KCP & Jennings, both of whom I expect a hell of a lot!

I'm not stupid(ok, that may be arguable lol ), but I don't put Singler's talent in their category, but his total package is a good one!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OMFG, here we go again!!! Are we going to be effing snake bit this year????

FORUM - Page 24 FevwPhcI_normalVincent Goodwill @vgoodwill
Follow
Cartier Martin is questionable with plantar facia strain, (i.e. "foot") for the Pistons opener against the Nuggets
FORUM - Page 24 Klanglois_100_normal Keith Langlois @Keith_Langlois
Follow
Cartier Martin (foot) sounds iffy for tonight. SVG says that could mean backup 2 minutes for @SDinwiddie_25
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty How to improve this Piston team -MAKE A TRADE PLEASE

Post  cool breeze Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:39 pm

If any of you watched the Orlando-New Orleans game last night you would say why in hell doesn't SVG try making a trade to obtain Ryan Anderson. He fits SVGs style of play. Anderson looked outstanding in this game and I believe he made at least 5 three point shots before the 4th quarter started. He also looked good on the defensive end and in the low block. Guess where Moose really wants to play? Yes he wants to play for New Orleans. This is a no brainer for me. Could Detroit somehow get a draft choice with this trade as well? Moose gets to play center with a star power forward. We get a really outstanding athlete, quality defender rebounder and a guy who really can step out behind the 3 point line and knock down shots. This trade changes our Piston team in a great way. Then all we need is a quality starting point guard who can defend.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty Low Expectations for Singler ...

Post  Sebastian Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:50 pm

Oracle wrote:Kemba Walker gets a sweet extension 12M/yr, and you know Moose is aware of that! It also should light a fire under Jennings ass, because if he had been playing right, he's be up there too!

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2014/10/28/hornets-walker-reportedly-reach-deal/?ls=iref:nbahpts wrote:The Hornets continued to spend, and to build on the momentum of last season, by reportedly agreeing with point guard Kemba Walker on a four-year extension worth $48 million, according to Marc Stein of ESPN.com.
Walker averaged 17.7 points and 6.1 assists last season as a key part of Charlotte’s rise in the Eastern Conference. He is just 24 years old, another appeal for the Hornets.

The payout comes about 3 1/2 months after Charlotte spent $27 million over three years for Lance Stephenson to play small forward (after signing Gordon Hayward to a four-year, $63-million offer sheet the Jazz matched) and 15 months after committing three years and $40.5 million on center Al Jefferson.

Wow, what does this say about the rest of the team?

Van Gundy said Anthony picked up the Pistons' schemes quickly and already has "the best defensive base, the best defensive habits, of anybody we have." - Detroit Pistons' Kyle Singler, with opener looming: 'We've seen trouble ... That should drive us'

Seb is a solid member of the ABS Club!

Anybody But Singler seems to be all you think about, and I can't figure out why, so I just accept it Shocked

IMO, Singler will surprise you this year! I'm not predicting the level of breakout year I see for KCP or Jennings, but a moderate breakout for Singler, one where he becomes visibly valuable.

SF is indeed our weakest position, but if you evaluate it that way, I think you miss the point. Singler is a really good fit for this team and where we're at.

Damn, Oracle, even you a Singler cheerleader have low expectations of the 29th worst, starting SF in the League. (For Reference: Tayshawn is the 30th worst and Dunleavy, Jr. is the 28th worst, in my opnion.) Yes, Oracle, sets the bar low for his boy, Kyle Singler when he writes: Singler will surprise you this year! I'm not predicting the level of breakout year I see for KCP or Jennings, but a moderate breakout for Singler, one where he becomes visibly valuable.

I am not sure how valuable Singler will prove to be, as he gobbles of minutes hiding in the corners of the court.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty Kemba extends! Causing itchy Moose Balls? And other stuff!

Post  Oracle Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:16 pm

Kemba Walker gets a sweet extension 12M/yr, and you know Moose is aware of that! It also should light a fire under Jennings ass, because if he had been playing right, he's be up there too!

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2014/10/28/hornets-walker-reportedly-reach-deal/?ls=iref:nbahpts wrote:The Hornets continued to spend, and to build on the momentum of last season, by reportedly agreeing with point guard Kemba Walker on a four-year extension worth $48 million, according to Marc Stein of ESPN.com.
Walker averaged 17.7 points and 6.1 assists last season as a key part of Charlotte’s rise in the Eastern Conference. He is just 24 years old, another appeal for the Hornets.

The payout comes about 3 1/2 months after Charlotte spent $27 million over three years for Lance Stephenson to play small forward (after signing Gordon Hayward to a four-year, $63-million offer sheet the Jazz matched) and 15 months after committing three years and $40.5 million on center Al Jefferson.

Wow, what does this say about the rest of the team?

Van Gundy said Anthony picked up the Pistons' schemes quickly and already has "the best defensive base, the best defensive habits, of anybody we have." - Detroit Pistons' Kyle Singler, with opener looming: 'We've seen trouble ... That should drive us'

Seb is a solid member of the ABS Club!

Anybody But Singler seems to be all you think about, and I can't figure out why, so I just accept it Shocked

IMO, Singler will surprise you this year! I'm not predicting the level of breakout year I see for KCP or Jennings, but a moderate breakout for Singler, one where he becomes visibly valuable.

SF is indeed our weakest position, but if you evaluate it that way, I think you miss the point. Singler is a really good fit for this team and where we're at.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty Tobias Harris

Post  Sebastian Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:19 am

Phil1980boy wrote:WOW! It's good to have the NBA back.  This kid, Anthony Davis is going to be A major problem for everybody in the League this year. This kid is blocking everything.

I'm looking at T.Harris. The SF for the Orlando Magic. The kid can play ball. If the Pistons can get they hands on this kid, we will be ok.

Also, Orlando got A rally nice PG in the Draft. Payton. That kid is going to be really good.

Yo, Phillip, the Magic will not come off of Tobias Harris, but they may be willing to deal Moe Harkless, DX's boy. And, it may not require much, as Harkless pulled a DNP-CD in last night's opener.

Come on, GM Stan and Bowers earn your money, move Linguinie and/or T. Mitchell and get US a small forward with some promise on this roster!

For the record, though, and not to rekindle an argument from this past weekend: I like Quincy Miller, much more than any other guy at this time to be OUR starting small forward.

Wake the f@ck-up GM Stan and Bowers, WE need another dude to start at the SF position. Singler is not the answer.

Last edited by Sebastian on Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty Let the Games Begin ...

Post  Sebastian Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:10 am

DETROIT BASKETBALL!!!!!

FORUM - Page 24 Piston11
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty Opening night

Post  Phil-Good Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:23 pm

WOW! It's good to have the NBA back. This kid, Anthony Davis is going to be A major problem for everybody in the League this year. This kid is blocking everything.

I'm looking at T.Harris. The SF for the Orlando Magic. The kid can play ball. If the Pistons can get they hands on this kid, we will be ok.

Also, Orlando got A rally nice PG in the Draft. Payton. That kid is going to be really good.
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty Before we get serious, a little housekeeping... 2 of 2

Post  Oracle Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:26 pm

Nothing much, I just thought that this was funny!

FORUM - Page 24 B1En8jYCUAAq7d5
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty Before we get serious, a little housekeeping... 1 of 2

Post  Oracle Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:24 pm

It's poor quality, but here is the Marvel Movie Roadmap:
FORUM - Page 24 B1DeZVqCAAATfuf

OMG, the InHumans!!! One of my childhood favorites!!! Black Bolt was AWESOME!!! Vin Diesel to play him(rumored).

FORUM - Page 24 Inhumans
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty Sissy, you're in, Wise, Slugs added!

Post  Oracle Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:18 pm

MemberWinsAverage41.538462
Lemonpen49
Stones45Std Dev4.1355246
Oracle44
Wise44Median42
Cool Breeze44
Phil1980boy44
Sissy42
DX41
Fennis41
Sparma38
Murph38
Merc36
Sebastian34
Others
Foster44
Wojo42
Niyo40
Goodwill39
David Mayo37
Brendan Savage35
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty More Slugs For Ya

Post  WTF Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:37 pm

Oracle wrote:
MemberWinsAverage41.5
Lemonpen49
Stones45Std Dev4.3169855
Oracle44
Wise44Median42.5
Cool Breeze44
Phil1980boy44
DX41
Fennis41
Sparma38
Murph38
Merc36
Sebastian34
Others
David Mayo37
Brendan Savage35

More Slugs

Detnews Slugs wrote:Vincent Goodwill

Are the Pistons better? Yes. Are they better coached? Yes. But the East is better, and there's still way too many questions to assume every variable will turn in their favor. They'll markedly improve and possibly challenge for a playoff spot. Record: 39-43

Bob Wojnowski

Stan Van Gundy will bring a defensive mindset and some energy to the sideline, and that might be the most entertaining part of the team. The Pistons will rise as Andre Drummond rises, and as Josh Smith adjusts to his new role. It will take some time. Record: 42-40

John Niyo

The Pistons finally have a real coach now. But are they coachable? Stan Van Gundy won't have a team he truly likes for another year or two, but getting this one to the playoffs seems like a necessary bridge to anything that's worth waiting for, doesn't it? Record: 40-42

Terry Foster

Look for the Pistons to get off to a slow start. And that is OK. Coach Stan Van Gundy can take the slow and deliberate approach because he is the coach and president. He does not know his team yet and will put different combinations on the floor until he learns his team. There is no pressure to succeed right away but Van Gundy will figure it out. Record: 44-38
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty Scary Stuff

Post  Fennis Dembo Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:23 pm

Signs that the  apocalypse is near by Fennisdamus

The Michigan player throwing a stake into the turf at Spartan Stadium.
The Lions win consecutive games by one point.
Lindsay Lohan flashing the peace sign.
Kim Kardashian's big butt gets stuck in an airplane seat and is extracted by  the FAA , EPA, and an exorcist.
And most telling of all!
Charlie Villanueva makes the Dallas roster.

But , hey, look at the TNT network, It's freaking opening night in the NBA!  So the apocalypse is definitely cancelled.  All is right with the world.

Fennis Dembo

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next