Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+9
Sissy1946
Go Stones!
merc
Sebastian
deusXango
Murph
Sparma
Phil-Good
Fennis Dembo
13 posters

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty 0-2...in the grand scheme of things, it's no reason to worry in a 82 game season

Post  deusXango Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:06 am

Sparma wrote:
Sadly, given his imminent departure, I think we're about to see that Monroe's a real valuable part of this team.  I expect him to click with newcomers Butler and Augustin.  

Can't wait until Saturday....should the bench players jell better than our starting 5, with a core of Monroe, Augustin, and Butler, SVG will have to make some earthshaking decisions.

I'm hoping Martin is ready to go soon because KCP appears to need a fire built under him....we need another tenacious perimeter player in the rotation....KCP, J.J., and Martin could be a revelation.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Minnesota

Post  Sparma Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:48 pm

Looks like Minnesota's heading in the right direction, even without Love.

Can't remember the last powerful Piston to go off from the outside like Butler did in the second half. Calderon could be great from the outside, but was a whole different player.

Augustin looked solid, confining Jennings to the bench again late in the game.

Smith with a clunker of a 3 pointer early in the clock at a crucial juncture in the 4th quarter. His "clown" comment about a dominant Faried didn't win me over either. He had some nice plays, including a strong move on the block, but goodness, he's got serious flaws as our highest paid Piston ever.

Our interior D needs a serious upgrade for us to move forward. Rubio did damage with his moves to the inside.

Sadly, given his imminent departure, I think we're about to see that Monroe's a real valuable part of this team. I expect him to click with newcomers Butler and Augustin.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty NBA TV

Post  Oracle Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:38 pm

Great game in Cleveland, NY trying to win it late in the 4th!

Barkley says Pistons will go to the playoffs!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Keep cashing them checks ...

Post  Sebastian Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:27 pm

Damn! Caron Butler went off tonight. I got to give it to him, he earned his bank tonight. But, alas WE took another "L".
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Don't look now, but it's the Caron Butler show!!!

Post  Oracle Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:16 pm

Butler sends Singler to the bench with a dominant display, all in the 2nd half, 22pts I believe!

Josh may have shot us out of this game with a really questionable 3 try that missed!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty One thing is really becoming clear...

Post  Oracle Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:38 pm

I know it's early, but Greg Monroe appears to be a better "Fit" than Josh Smith!

Josh has a lot of good points, but for whatever reason, we can't seem to use them!

Greg supplies a lot more stability on offense, is a better FT shooter than Josh.

Look, I'm not saying we need to make a decision now, and we really don't have all of our horses yet, but that's what I'm seeing so far.

Another problem area is Butler! Airballs missing everything and on more than one occasion... this is a nightmare experiment!

We should be blowing this team out on their home court!

This is getting ugly as I type - 68-51
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  cool breeze Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:19 pm

Oracle wrote:Don, those comments have started something!!!

FORUM - Page 23 FevwPhcI_normalVincent Goodwill  @vgoodwill
Follow
Smith on Faried: "He fears me. He's scared of me. He knows it's coming." It being he's gonna take it to him next meeting
FORUM - Page 23 FevwPhcI_normal Vincent Goodwill  @vgoodwill
Follow
Josh Smith on Faried: "He's a clown, quote me on that." Story coming

BTW Don, did you see Knight's stats last night??? He's still a scoring machine(22pts), but he had 13 freaking assists!!!

If Knight can keep that level of assists up, I will believe that Kidd can coach!

Oracle I never had any doubts about Knight becoming a outstanding NBA player. Remember when some Piston fans kept saying we need a point guard and Knight should come off the bench? Knight is a smart and dedicated man who can do nothing but succeed. It is a shame he is not on this Piston team. The insanity of Joe Dumars and the foolish knee jerk decision making by Tom Gores and his group has set the Detroit Pistons back into the stone age.

After reading some of Josh Smith's comments it seems clear that Smith still doesn't get it. Basketball is a team sport. Faried is a team orientated player. That is why the coaches liked him this summer. He does whatever is necessary to help his team win. Smith is all about him against me. Smith is set up to do the same thing he did last night based on his comments. Last year Jennings wanted to achieve a high scoring average over everything else. Who cares about playing defense. Now it is Josh Smith's turn. He must think that his scoring average will make people think he is a outstanding basketball player. The cool thing we have now is a smart and decisive coaching staff with power. SVG will get him on the right track. Josh will have to dig down deep and help this team win by playing outstanding defense and getting some big defensive rebounds. Smith can lead this team on the right road but with those comments, he does nothing to show me he has a clue what is important to his team.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Rut Rho

Post  Oracle Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:53 pm

Don, those comments have started something!!!

FORUM - Page 23 FevwPhcI_normalVincent Goodwill  @vgoodwill
Follow
Smith on Faried: "He fears me. He's scared of me. He knows it's coming." It being he's gonna take it to him next meeting
FORUM - Page 23 FevwPhcI_normal Vincent Goodwill  @vgoodwill
Follow
Josh Smith on Faried: "He's a clown, quote me on that." Story coming

BTW Don, did you see Knight's stats last night??? He's still a scoring machine(22pts), but he had 13 freaking assists!!!

If Knight can keep that level of assists up, I will believe that Kidd can coach!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:01 pm

WISEFAN wrote:Strange as it seemed I found myself in a moment of familiarity watching Josh shot attempts and the thing that stood out as it did all last season is that Josh is almost forced into those long attempts and it almost seem to be by design.   Don't get me wrong there were a few attempts Josh should not have taken but for the most part he was the only viable option on the perimeter and that my friends is what scares me.

SVG apparently upgraded the shooting but it was nonexistent the majority of the game maybe this played into Josh attempts but for the most part he played a solid game on both ends. I expect things will get better once Moose returns and KCP can find himself he was lost last night.

They should win tonight though.....

Wisefan I agree with you that Smith was almost forced to shoot shots out of his range or when the shot clock was expiring. There is lack of ball movement Wisefan and that starts with the point guards. Players need to be setting screens and moving without the basketball but if the point guard decides to dribble around much like Will Bynum did last year, then you are dead in the water. Jennings is a shooter and a one on one player. He is only suited to play point guard on an AAU team right now. How about starting the offense on the opposite side from Smith and then get him the ball in good position after at least two passes. I watched KCP come off a few screens and there was no attempt to pass him the ball. Singler and Butler were standing on the weak side baseline all alone but both were shut out by Jennings. It is clear that Brandon Jennings is in hot water right now and he knows it. He is not sure what he should do. Maybe he thought that by just looking for Smith he could get by. But SVG has to be greatly disappointed in Jennings play. Jennings just jacked up shot after shot when he played with the Bucks and got by with that until his teammates let it be known that they wouldn't be upset if he found a new home. Good old Joe Dumars not only signed him to a crazy contract but gave up two promising players. Zeke had the correct take on Jennings during his analysis of the Pistons on NBA TV. There is no way that Jennings would be Zeke's point guard. Can Jennings play some 2 guard and offer some valuable scoring? Can a coach trust him to be able to defend any 2 guards? He has put on some weight. Maybe switching Augustin to the starting position with Dinwiddie as his backup is a better option right how.......But back to what you said. it is correct that Smith was forced into taking some of those shots. But he did jack up a few long shots early in the shot clock as well. After what the Denver team said last night after the game, I am sure Smith will be more selective moving forward.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:43 pm

Oracle wrote:
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/10/30/kenneth-faried-on-josh-smith-he-shot-them-out-of-the-game/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter wrote:How did the Nuggets turn their fortunes?
Kenneth Faried, via the Nuggets’ official website:
Josh Smith, we let him keep shooting. And he ended up with 25, but he still kept shooting. He shot them out of the game.
Right now, all of the Pistons’ future opponents are telling Faried: “Shhhhh.” If Smith ever gets wise to why opponents leave him open outside the paint, he might stop falling for it and taking – and bricking – so many jumpers.
Then again, Smith is in his second decade of NBA play. If he hasn’t figured it out by now, he probably never will. Talk away, Faried.

Oracle you have located the jackpot here! Way to go Brother. While some Piston fans keep harping on some weird theory that Kyle Singler is not good enough to be a starting small forward on an NBA team especially our highly talented Piston team, a really good NBA player tells the real story.

Meanwhile the focus here seems to be on Kyle by some determined Piston fans who year after year get pissed off that this guy is selected as a starter. How many head coaches have felt the same way about Singler now? But those same fans cannot actually be watching what in hell is going on in the games and say that after I saw Singler only touch the basketball 3 times in the first half while our point guard dribbled around looking for Smith to get open. Keep on shooting Josh? The fans will gleefully cheer you on and blame the next loss on Singler or Butler. This is retarded basketball at best but it must be Singler or Butler's fault. I watched Indiana win their game with Solomon Hill starting at small forward. Was he their designated scorer in that game? No he was doing the same kind of things Singler does for his team that fans don't bother to look for at all. With all the real problems this team has, it is foolish to discuss much of anything on this forum. Our big men are not smart players. Our starting point guard is not a smart point guard and has very little confidence in himself at this point. With that said, this team will be more exciting to watch this year. We have to wait for a few months to see how things shake out. But we need at least one smart big man who can defend and get critical rebounds. And no team can win when they shoot around 50% from the foul line.

Our hope could be that Spencer Dinwiddie can be a quick learner and become the Piston's starting point guard. Otherwise, it is clear that Augustin should be the starter and finisher. Finally, Detroit needs to make that trade for Anderson and let Moose move back to his hometown. Great post Oracle!

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Tonight's A New Night

Post  Murph Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:40 pm

Sebastian wrote:Singler is not a starting caliber, NBA small forward. Okay, I know that I have become a broken record on this topic, but Singler plays like the 8th or 9th-man that he actually is.

How many starting SFs in the League only run to the corners and wait for the ball to be thrown to him? Damn near every starting SF in the League is capable of grabbing the rebound and taking to the  offensive end of the floor and making something happen, whether finishing himself or finding an open man. Singler seems to never do the things that most starting NBA SFs do. Hence the reason why his azz needs to be coming off the bench.

Seb...you might be right.  Singler might not be a starting caliber SF.  But right now, he's the best SF on the team.  And if the Pistons acquire a better small forward, and decide to bump Singler to the bench, that's fine.  There's certainly no shame in coming off the bench in the NBA.

But last night, there were several Pistons who had much worse games than Singler.  And in fact, his shooting was fine.  So why obsess about Singler?

I sympathize with Josh Smith last night.  The Pistons were down several shooters and a low post scorer...Moose, Meeks, Martin, and KCP was rusty.  So Josh probably felt he had to shoulder the scoring load as best he could.  And in fact, he started off hot, and kept the Pistons in the game until the 4th quarter.

Once our scorers return to form, I doubt Smith will take 22 shots again.  And I seriously doubt Smith is going to return to last year's bad habits.  Last night's game was under extenuating circumstances.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty The Josh Smith Fan Club Assessment

Post  WTF Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:49 pm

Strange as it seemed I found myself in a moment of familiarity watching Josh shot attempts and the thing that stood out as it did all last season is that Josh is almost forced into those long attempts and it almost seem to be by design. Don't get me wrong there were a few attempts Josh should not have taken but for the most part he was the only viable option on the perimeter and that my friends is what scares me.

SVG apparently upgraded the shooting but it was nonexistent the majority of the game maybe this played into Josh attempts but for the most part he played a solid game on both ends. I expect things will get better once Moose returns and KCP can find himself he was lost last night.

They should win tonight though.....
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Secrets revealed?

Post  Oracle Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:45 pm

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/10/30/kenneth-faried-on-josh-smith-he-shot-them-out-of-the-game/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter wrote:How did the Nuggets turn their fortunes?
Kenneth Faried, via the Nuggets’ official website:
Josh Smith, we let him keep shooting. And he ended up with 25, but he still kept shooting. He shot them out of the game.
Right now, all of the Pistons’ future opponents are telling Faried: “Shhhhh.” If Smith ever gets wise to why opponents leave him open outside the paint, he might stop falling for it and taking – and bricking – so many jumpers.
Then again, Smith is in his second decade of NBA play. If he hasn’t figured it out by now, he probably never will. Talk away, Faried.

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Pardon me but ...

Post  Sebastian Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:38 pm

Murph wrote:
deusXango wrote:Don, if it's not the fault of the coaching, but the big men and guards, what part does the SF's play in this loss? Like Sebastian said, 53 minutes and 8 points ain't going to get it. Why not one comment on Singler from you? Was he invisible?

I'm sorry but I'm used to SF's being aggressive slashers or scoring machines, particularly on a team lacking aggression and a consistent high scorer; why are we content with these wimps at SF? I'm not throwing the baby out with the bathwater when I say, damn the "glue guy" bullsh!t and the "ancient one" eating up so much PT when the results are nil. Play Datome or trade for a better than decent SF or better still, pick up Quincey Miller off the scrap heap before someone else does. What must Datome do to get a FAIR shot at displaying his talents before Piston Nation? Stick his head in a blender and come out with a f@cked up haircut; would that make him a fan favorite? Sobering fact: If we could have gotten 20 points combined out of Singler and Butler, we'd have won the game! That's on average 10 points each; 20 points in 53 minutes of playing time is too much to expect from a "brainiac" and "Yoda." Sheeesh!

I no longer want to hear how SF ain't that important; we can live with what we have playing that position...that's a bunch of crap! mad

I was trying to avoid making any comments on Singler, since a certain faction forum members seem to be obsessing about him.  But as long as ya'll are going to obsess about him anyway, here goes.

Singler shot 50% form the 3 point line, which is doing his job, but he needs more shots.  It's up the coach and PGs to get him the ball when he's open.

Josh Smith should not have taken 25 shots last night, and KCP should not have taken 19.

The Pistons need to move and share the ball better.

Singler is not a starting caliber, NBA small forward. Okay, I know that I have become a broken record on this topic, but Singler plays like the 8th or 9th-man that he actually is.

How many starting SFs in the League only run to the corners and wait for the ball to be thrown to him? Damn near every starting SF in the League is capable of grabbing the rebound and taking to the  offensive end of the floor and making something happen, whether finishing himself or finding an open man. Singler seems to never do the things that most starting NBA SFs do. Hence the reason why his azz needs to be coming off the bench.

Last edited by Sebastian on Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Disappointing Game 1

Post  lemonpen Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:38 pm

Crunch Time featured:
Non existent defensive rebounding & blocking out. Drum Drum and Smif.
Severe lack of closing on offensive players on the "catch". KCP was the only one who did.
2 PGs who quit defending at the slightest hint of a pick.
Sure looked like a lack of effort in the 4th.

Misc.
I see a storm a brewin between Josh and Stan. Face it, Josh got a jones for the trey.
DJ sometimes looked like Carlos Arroyo at his over-dribbling best.
How many banner games has Kyle had in 160 contests.
I half expected KCP to be rusty, so where was Dinwiddie for an attempt at instant O.
We really lack fire power without 3M (Meeks, Martin, Monroe).
How is Andre picking up the post game so quickly, but not so much on D. He had a huge physical advantage last night.
Cool Breeze's keyboard is gonna become hoarse reminding us about our poor free throw shooting. lol lol
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Hornets(Walker 26pts) vs Bucks(Knight 22pts)

Post  Oracle Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:37 pm

This was a great matchup won in OT by the Hornets(formerly the Bobcats)!

Walker 26pts, 5 assists, 4 boards

Knight 22pts, 13 assists, 8 boards

Then there was another Piston, Middleton chipped in 17pts

Hornets win 108-106 in OT

Last edited by Oracle on Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Don, we saw a chess game that SVG lost.

Post  Oracle Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:06 pm

First let me say this in perspective... you will see a totally different team tonight! I just hope they aren't too tired for a full game of intense activity. SVG's altitude mistake could be the gift that keep giving on a back to back.

Don, we saw Brian Shaw beat SVG like a drum with no NBA level response by SVG, and you are defending SVG's weak moves. This has absolutely nothing to do with any past or future coaches, the facts are the facts, and they can't be wished away.

Both teams kept trying to give the game away, this wasn't a Denver win, but a Detroit loss. The difference came down to which coach made the strategic moves on the court, and that wasn't SVG!

Example: If you watched the game, you saw how Shaw totally dictated how we ran our offense. He told his team to NEVER guard Josh whenever he was in deep 2 or 3 point land, no matter how many he made! He knew that if Josh made any, he'd keep shooting and the Pistons would keep feeding him the ball, and more importantly, it would be the instrument of our demise! SVG saw this and allowed it to continue! Of course he whipped SVG's ass in many other ways as well!

Don, you're looking at symptoms, not the reasons they played the way they did. Do you deny any of the following...

1. SVG is RUSTY as a coach! His system is 100% solid, what he wants is there as well, but he hasn't seen in game action in years. He'll get better, we know this, but he sucked last night beyond a doubt!

2. He complains that they went back to old ways like he was a spectator in the stands! What did he do about it? Did he tell them to change and did they just ignore him? Either do something about it or take the damn blame and move on!

3. People under stress always go back to whatever they know best! In short the new system hasn't become the thing they know best yet, but that's where the leader steps in and restores order. SVG was a deer caught in the headlights last night.

I know that all of this will be corrected!

Now the Good:

1. I saw Jennings in a situation where the rest of the team wasn't moving like in the preseason dealing with a team that failed to get into the sets properly. I don't think he was looking for his shot, he was trying to make plays and only Josh made enough effort to be available. Unfortunately he was available because Shaw decided to give him all of the jumpers he wanted(that's coaching).

2. While Drummonds defense was horrible, there were some VERY interesting moves from him on offense! He showed total disdain of the opposing center on one monster dunk, not only going over him, but right through him! Then he displayed some nice athletic moves under the basket! This is really good news for the future, even if his defense & FT shooting sucks.

3. Augustin looked good until coaching destroyed his effectiveness. He is going to be an effective backup.

Concerns(understanding it's the first game):

1. Everybody at the SF position looked well below NBA level of play! Singler started out well, but quickly got over matched on both ends. Butler's best play was a foul that prevented an easy basket. I'm not on board with totally trashing this position, but we do need to keep an eye on how this develops.

2. KCP looked like a fish out of water!

3. Drummond's FT's, fouls, defense.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  Murph Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:30 pm

deusXango wrote:Don, if it's not the fault of the coaching, but the big men and guards, what part does the SF's play in this loss? Like Sebastian said, 53 minutes and 8 points ain't going to get it. Why not one comment on Singler from you? Was he invisible?

I'm sorry but I'm used to SF's being aggressive slashers or scoring machines, particularly on a team lacking aggression and a consistent high scorer; why are we content with these wimps at SF? I'm not throwing the baby out with the bathwater when I say, damn the "glue guy" bullsh!t and the "ancient one" eating up so much PT when the results are nil. Play Datome or trade for a better than decent SF or better still, pick up Quincey Miller off the scrap heap before someone else does. What must Datome do to get a FAIR shot at displaying his talents before Piston Nation? Stick his head in a blender and come out with a f@cked up haircut; would that make him a fan favorite? Sobering fact: If we could have gotten 20 points combined out of Singler and Butler, we'd have won the game! That's on average 10 points each; 20 points in 53 minutes of playing time is too much to expect from a "brainiac" and "Yoda." Sheeesh!

I no longer want to hear how SF ain't that important; we can live with what we have playing that position...that's a bunch of crap! mad

I was trying to avoid making any comments on Singler, since a certain faction forum members seem to be obsessing about him. But as long as ya'll are going to obsess about him anyway, here goes.

Singler shot 50% form the 3 point line, which is doing his job, but he needs more shots. It's up the coach and PGs to get him the ball when he's open.

Josh Smith should not have taken 25 shots last night, and KCP should not have taken 19.

The Pistons need to move and share the ball better.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty The saga of the Invisible Men

Post  deusXango Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:57 pm

Don, if it's not the fault of the coaching, but the big men and guards, what part does the SF's play in this loss? Like Sebastian said, 53 minutes and 8 points ain't going to get it. Why not one comment on Singler from you? Was he invisible?

deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty This loss was not the coaches fault. I am tired of hearing this same old story regardless of how many coaches we have watched over the past 6 seasons

Post  cool breeze Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:29 pm

This loss happened because the Nuggets had better players who played smarter than our players. Detroit repeated the same mistakes they made all last season when crunch time arrived. Also, this game was once again lost at the foul line Piston fans. Does that bring back any memories? Is that the coaches fault as well????I would like to add a few other observations that reminded me of the Pistons from last season.

1. Brandon Jennings is still an AAU player. He is still on first level play if you ever played the game 4 Score you would know what I mean. On every position with Jennings on the floor he was only looking for Smith. So the team played offense on one side of the floor. Singler only touched the basketball 3 times in the first half that I noticed. many times he was wide open on the baseline but Jennings continued to dribble around sucking out most of the shot clock to make sure Smith got the pass. How easy is this team to scout if Jennings is on the court as the mastermind of the offense. Another thing came out loud and clear. Jennings has lost his confidence in his own ability to play point guard. Sorry Oracle but Jennings is only suited to play shooting guard and he can't guard any shooting guard in the NBA. This trade involving Knight and Middleton for Jennings is like a kid getting a lump of coal for their only Christmas present. Thanks again Joe Dumars and Tom Gores. Jennings needs to go but nobody in their right mind would want this player. One improvement relating to this team is that Bynum is no longer Jennings replacement. Augustin played hard and smart for the most part. He is an improvement as well relating to shooting free throws.

2. Piston big men still suck on the defensive end and somehow get their asses kicked on the defensive glass. As bad as Jennings played our big men cost Detroit more than any positions. Please notice how out of position our big were in this game time after time. They looked lost and out of shape. I would have played Jerebco a lot more but I don't want to get into coaching decisions. It all gets down to the fact that the players who occupied the center and power forward positions got their collective asses kicked in this game. However, I do believe that Smith and Drummond will get a lot better as the season moves forward. At least that is my hope. Smith is still attempting shots that have no chance of going in the basket. If he could only have more self control, Detroit could win a lot more games this year. Drummond is showing he has developed a offensive game in the low post. That is great. However, he needs to concentrate on becoming a better defensive player or this team is going to keep losing.

We are missing a 2 guard who can make shots. KCP had a rough game. However, because the Piston offense is so inept where there is often only one pass being made before a shot is attempted, neither the players occupying the small forward or shooting guard positions can ever get in a shooting rhythm. Notice how the Spurs play where there is fantastic ball movement and players moving without the ball. Then watch our Piston players who look much like a junior high basketball team at times. The point guard needs to get more players into the flow of the game. This will not happen if the point guard dribbles for most of the shot clock.s

Right now some of the players are missing. We are also missing that number one draft pick from last summer that the owner Tom Gores lost for the team. He will never get off the hook for this blunder which was a decision based on cost cutting. But it was good to see Spencer Dinwiddie get in the game and maybe he will make up for Gores selfish act. My bet is that Gores would sure like to be able to take back this decision that cost the Pistons so much but of course his advisor was Joe Dumars at the time. Spencer looked comfortable and is going to really help this team in time.

The team played really hard for the entire game. That was noticeable and instead of bashing the coaching staff please give them some credit for creating a tougher looking team this season. This was only one game in a long season. It might take until the end of January for the players to feel comfortable with each other but somehow the same players who played last season need to stop making the same mistakes and they need to start making free throws. I was wondering why Denver didn't try hack a Drummond in this game. And finally I do believe that SVG is not going to stand pat if the same mistakes are being made game after game. He will make changes but not changes like Joe Dumars made. Go Pistons!

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Coach SVG, Out Coached

Post  Sebastian Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:12 pm

Oracle wrote:This is 80% SVG's fault!

Was the preseason a dream? NO!!!

Teams that are tired, huffing and puffing, settle for outside shots, they don't move the ball because they're already tired! They were pooped in the 1st quarter! If SVG took the altitude more seriously, ESPECIALLY for the season opener, we would be looking at a different result!

He should have gotten them to Denver earlier so that they could adjust better because you're already in poor shape to start a season, so why compound it!

Then that lunacy in the 4th, not adapting to the size put on Augustin. That really surprised me because I wouldn't have thought that SVG could get out coached so easily! SVG had NOTHING to counter any of Shaw's moves!

Yes Josh shot us in the game, then shot us out of it, but again, like last year, the team deferred to Josh because they were incapable of doing anything on offense.

Sure, they'll say he had the hot hand, but that's the pussy excuse, they were scared to take the shot!

I also thought SVG gave up on Jennings too much! I agreed that he should sit him, but for the entire 4th quarter? You have to go back to your starter and give him a chance at redemption! Showing that little faith in the opener is a really bad thing to do to people you want to have faith in you through thick and thin!

Not a good start for SVG, and even Drummond brushed off his comments in the press!

I'm not concerned about the players, but SVG needs to get his sh!t together as a coach from the perspective of running the team and making in game adjustments!

I guess we have to remember that SVG hasn't patrolled the sidelines in real action in many moons!

Oracle is like a broken clock: At least he is right, twice each day. Yo, Oracle, I agree 100%. Coach SVG was out coached. And, when the Nuggets went to their version of Nick Batum guarding the opposing PG in the 4th, Coach SVG did not have a counter. Even though OUR starting PG was right there next to him on the bench.

SVG needs to get his sh!t, together, both on the floor and in Joe's former office.

Tonight, there will be dueling GM/Head Coaches going at it in Minnesota, which one of the two-headed persons will lead their team to victory?
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty SVG totally out coached in the opener!

Post  Oracle Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:56 pm

This is 80% SVG's fault!

Was the preseason a dream? NO!!!

Teams that are tired, huffing and puffing, settle for outside shots, they don't move the ball because they're already tired! They were pooped in the 1st quarter! If SVG took the altitude more seriously, ESPECIALLY for the season opener, we would be looking at a different result!

He should have gotten them to Denver earlier so that they could adjust better because you're already in poor shape to start a season, so why compound it!

Then that lunacy in the 4th, not adapting to the size put on Augustin. That really surprised me because I wouldn't have thought that SVG could get out coached so easily! SVG had NOTHING to counter any of Shaw's moves!

Yes Josh shot us in the game, then shot us out of it, but again, like last year, the team deferred to Josh because they were incapable of doing anything on offense.

Sure, they'll say he had the hot hand, but that's the pussy excuse, they were scared to take the shot!

I also thought SVG gave up on Jennings too much! I agreed that he should sit him, but for the entire 4th quarter? You have to go back to your starter and give him a chance at redemption! Showing that little faith in the opener is a really bad thing to do to people you want to have faith in you through thick and thin!

Not a good start for SVG, and even Drummond brushed off his comments in the press!

I'm not concerned about the players, but SVG needs to get his sh!t together as a coach from the perspective of running the team and making in game adjustments!

I guess we have to remember that SVG hasn't patrolled the sidelines in real action in many moons!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Denver 89, OUR Guys 79

Post  Sebastian Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:07 am

Has anybody informed SVG and OUR guys that the regular season started, last night; that last night's game counts towards the 82-game schedule; that WE have to play with more effort, with a greater purpose?

Damn! Last's night "L" in Denver looked like a walk through. It never appeared that OUR guys were interested in winning the game.

As noted, it appeared that WE really missed Moose and it would have helped to have had a more prepared SG on the floor. Oh, there was, except he (Afflalo) doesn't play for US anymore. He's on his second stint with the Nuggets. Man, WE had Afflalo during Joe's tenure and gave him away to the Nuggets and over the summer could have gotten him, again, but the Nuggets were able to steal him from the Magic for a song (or a French guy and a pair of socks).

I don't care what you guys say, Stan has a bad relationship with the Magic executives.

And, then there was OUR starting SF, who for 30 minutes played hide-and-seek in the corners, when WE were on offense and who when on defense couldn't guard Gallinari, Wilson Chandler, or Alonzo Gee for that matter. Fifty-three minutes (Singler and Caron "Keep Cashing Them Checks" Butler) and 8 points from OUR SF position is not going to get it done,

Funny, the Nuggets have two quality SFs and WE don't have one.

Well, off to Minnesota. Piston Pals: WE can't count the visit to the Target Center as a guaranteed win. Especially, if WE haven't realized that the 2014-2015 season has started.

Oh, in unrelated news: Rodney Stuckey had 16 points, in 16 minutes 2-2 from three 5 assist, 3 rebounds. Hell, GM Stan could have very easily have resigned Stuckey instead of over-paying for F@ckin' Jodie Meeks, who is currently out with a bad back.

My fellow Pistons Pals can probably tell that I am not very fond of the current composition of OUR Pistons roster. Thanks a lot GM Stan!
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Ugly

Post  Murph Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:03 am

Man...that game was ugly. I guess we should be happy the Pistons hung in there until the 4th quarter, with the way they were shooting....37% from the field, 23% from the 3 pt line, 58% FT%.

The only Pistons to play well, IMO, was Augustin off the bench, with 15 pts, 6 rbds and 3 asts.

Josh Smith was effective early, but as the game went on, it was clear he was no match for Kenneth Farried, who dominated with 22 pts and 17 rbds. The Manimal out-rebounded Smith and Drummond combined.

Let's hope the 'Stones can re-group tonight against the pathetic T-Wolves.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Top Ten List

Post  Fennis Dembo Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:19 am

Top Ten Reasons The Pistons Lost

10. They were really upset that Jose Canseco shot off his finger cleaning his gun.
9.  They were afraid they would get the Ebola Virus from Greg Monroe since he was in Africa this past summer.
8. Stan Van Gundy's brother Jeff predicted the team would go 0-82.
7. Rumor has it that ISIS broke Jodie Meeks back.
6. David Brandon sent them sarcastic emails telling them to quit drinking, go to bed,  get a life, and find another team.

5. SVG threatened anybody that played lousy would be quarantined for three weeks in a hazmat suit in Hamtramck.
4. Upset about the non-stop political TV commercials pro and con for Terry Lynn Land running for the Senate. Is she a saint or the anti-Christ?
3. Thought today was the day to turn back the clocks to Standard Time, and being in the Mountain Time Zone  it really confused them.
2. The team felt betrayed when SVG lied to them about the altitude not effecting them physically.
1. They were highly disappointed because marijuana is legal in Denver.  They really wanted to get a Colorado Rocky Mountain High but were told that their drug tests would be in the morning and the coaches would not be supplying any clean urine samples for the players.

Fennis Dembo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next