Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+11
lemonpen
Phil-Good
Fennis Dembo
merc
Sebastian
deusXango
Go Stones!
CMUGroupProject
FlyDog
Sissy1946
Murph
15 posters

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty No Drafting Freshmen PG's

Post  WTF Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:28 am

The Pistons need not drafting a PG this summer and instead need to acquire one via trade or FA this summer. Rondo should be a target of the Pistons I think we blown our chances of getting the PG needed when we passed on first Walker then finally on both Burke and MCW.

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty Cheeks Shot Himself

Post  WTF Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:57 am

I said early this season that Cheeks need to stop **** with with Josh. Some **** was unnecessary like benching him for the miss practice under the circumstances of Josh father being ill and an unusual call for practice. Cheeks also had a problem with Josh calling out team mates about there efforts and bench him for that as well.

Had Cheeks taking this approach with entire team I don't think Josh and CB goes to Joe but Cheeks had it out it would seem to make an example out of Josh right or wrong.

I wouldn't be surprised if Drummond had issues with Cheeks as well because he felt he was unfairly treated at times as well and if you're **** with the highest paid and a franchise player it can only get ugly. Cheeks should have been Moose and Jennings asses but chose to cuddle those two who effort hurt the team more than not. Andre and Josh play hard all the freaking time.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty What about relationship between Drummond and Gores?

Post  Go Stones! Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:23 am

I think what happened was that Chauncey and Smith went to Joe, but Drummond knew about it and when he was talking to Gores then Gores was aware there was a problem. When Joe was approached by Gores, I'm sure he did damage control, but it wasn't good enough. Gores wants to make sure Drummond is 100% happy...he does not want him bailing like Lebron James did.

Chauncey went to make sure there was validity to what Smith said. Otherwise, it could have been just seen as complaining and not getting his way.
Go Stones!
Go Stones!

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty I believe Peter Vecsey... to a point!

Post  Oracle Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:30 pm

Ok, before we throw it out like so much other trash, consider that things could have went down this way!

Josh was Joe's prized FA, and CB is even closer. CB knew that Cheeks had gone too far with Josh, and got together with Josh to talk to Joe about the problem.

Maybe no real intention to get Cheeks fired, but looking to get Joe to have a chat with Cheeks to let up a bit.

However, Joe at some point when the losses started to pile up decided to tell Gores how bad Cheeks is, you know his usual scape goat... the coach! Now, the coach can be bad and also used as the fall guy at the same time, and that is the case here, but something happened that Joe didn't figure on!

Gores agreed that Cheeks was a bad coach, but Gores also decided to not let Joe sacrifice up his scape goat, and held Joe responsible.

Gores decided to fire Cheeks ass and wait for Joe's contract to expire... no need to fire Joe! Treat him like Stuckey & CV, he's just another expiring contract!

So did CV & Josh get Cheeks fired? At most indirectly, but it may have been the spark that set off the fire that will eventually burn Joe's ass!

Joe's plan to dump Cheeks(while appearing to have clean hands) and hire Hollins ran into a major snag, and here we are today! A partially true story that fails to give the back story... it's possible!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  cool breeze Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:49 pm

Oracle wrote:First, a simple fact!

Will Bynum is a MUCH better guard than Jennings, and I'm glad Loyer is seeing that!

They both share some of the same problems defensively, so very little difference there. Where they really differ is that Bynum causes defenses a lot more problems because he can break them down more effectively. In addition, Bynum can get to the rack and absorb contact, where as Jennings avoids any contact, which generally makes him a jump shooter.

Will's penetration gets others free, and when he's playing right, he will find the open man, and assist almost as well as Jennings in stats, but the effect of his kind of penetration is greater than Jennings additional assists.

However, dribble penetration on defense is where our major problem lies! People complain about Greg Monroe's defense and Josh's dumb stuff, but those things are small compared to this problem.

Let's assume that Joe's plan was working with the guards. He would have Jennings & Chauncey likely playing most minutes, especially in the 4th, but the flaw in that plan is that he didn't have a single guard that could keep his man in front of him for at least 10 seconds of the clock! Also remember that KCP wasn't projected to be a great defensive player, so Joe didn't know that!

Last years team was MUCH better defensively, and they had Monroe & Maxiell in the frontcourt, with Calderon & Knight on the perimeter, and dribble penetration wasn't near the problem it is this year.

Effing Calderon, and we were better? Knight held up strong against most guards in the NBA, and Calderon did his best to hold his own, and they looked like DPOY dudes compared to what we have now!

Tonight I thought they played well enough to win offensively, but failed to seal the deal defensively, with dribble penetration being the big problem.

I'm a big Knight supporter, and I complained that we would lose a good PG defender in Knight, but even I didn't know it was going to smell that bad.

Don, I'm going to have to say that we need to go to much more zone because at a minimum it forces them to shoot over it, and that means less shots in rhythm, and long 2's and 3's are less likely to drop than giving up layups off of dribble penetration.

Actually, since you know your guards can't guard anyone, why in the world are you playing man to man?
Oracle did you see the way Monroe was playing in the zone? Monroe has absolutely no court awareness and seems to lack stamina or the necessary energy it takes to play in any kind of defense. The guy sure looks good on paper with the rebounding and scoring stats but he kills a team's chances of becoming a real team. However, it was clear to me that Dallas guards were being kind to both Bynum and Stuckey in this game. They could drive at will to the rim. Take your pick of Bynum, Stuckey or Jennings. And last night it was Stuckey who to me looked the worst of any of them on defense. As a group, our Piston team left at least 2 Dallas players wide open from 10 feet to 15 feet from the basket on every possession. Take your pick, should I drive to get a little closer or shoot a jump shot with nobody guarding me? A lot of college players could knock down those wide open shots. Dallas was fun to watch. They can run a 2nd, 3rd or 4th option on offense. Their defense is not very good but of course our Pistons are street ballers and cannot master the half court offense where you have to move, screen, and play both sides of the court to be effective. 

Smith put on a good shooting performance in the first half. He also played hard on defense unlike all of his teammates except for Singler and KCP. Drummond was not very smart in that game. Monroe looks like he is always out of gas on defense. Bynum was the perfect circus act to draw fans to the Palace. He played hard for sure and is playing better than Jennings but he still cannot defend anyone. I see that Siva is now dressing for the games. When will he see action? 

Yes I was pulling for a loss but it is hard for me to do that. The best thing that could happen this year is to keep that draft pick but it doesn't seem likely that will happen. 

If Piston management could save $1,000.00 off Charlie V's contract, they should go ahead and buy him out. Then bring in a D League guard for a 10 day tryout. 

This coaching information about Smith going to upper management with Billups is only something to divert attention away from the horrible basketball product our management has offered to the fans. It seems the attendance is up somewhat since Cheeks was fired so maybe this tactic is working. I see the same horrible guards trying to play defense and failing now that Cheeks is gone. The new coach is playing the same players. Maybe next year these guards will be better players. That will never happen. Remember when you playing organized basketball? When you got beat badly, it was because the players who beat you played better. Guys like Charlie V believe that when he doesn't play it is the coaches fault and when he plays and gets his ass kicked, it is never about his talent. It is the coaches fault that he didn't teach Charlie better. This logic must have sold Dumars on Charlie V and that is why he is getting 8.5 million dollars this season. Dumars must believe that Charlie is extremely talented and it is his fault because he cannot find the right coach for Charlie. Add Stuckey to this idea as well. Dumars has fired a lot of coaches. It is never his players fault when they get their butts kicked in real games. The coach is the only person accountable it seems.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty Draft

Post  Murph Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:00 am

The Pistons need to tank the rest of the way, fall behind the Cavs and Knicks in the standings, retain the 8th pick in the lottery, and take either Gary Harris or Tyler Ennis.

Ennis, because he's a freshman, represents the bigger risk.  But he also represents a bigger reward, if he eventually develops into a competent NBA PG.

And at this point, I'd be on board with Gores trying to lure Tom Izzo to the Pistons with some kind of mega-contract.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty Peter Vecsey

Post  Murph Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:56 am

Phil1980boy wrote:" Source reveals Cheeks was doomed when Josh went 2 Dumars & wanted Mo fired & Billups went w him."

I don't believe anything Peter Vecsey says what-so-ever

I agree. I never liked Vecsey. And I doubt if Vecsey has the inside scoop on whatever happened to Mo Cheeks.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty Get the F.U.C.K out of here. I can't believe this story

Post  Phil-Good Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:02 am

" Source reveals Cheeks was doomed when Josh went 2 Dumars & wanted Mo fired & Billups went w him."

I don't believe anything Peter Vecsey says what-so-ever
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty Game n Stuff

Post  Oracle Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:10 am

First, a simple fact!

Will Bynum is a MUCH better guard than Jennings, and I'm glad Loyer is seeing that!

They both share some of the same problems defensively, so very little difference there. Where they really differ is that Bynum causes defenses a lot more problems because he can break them down more effectively. In addition, Bynum can get to the rack and absorb contact, where as Jennings avoids any contact, which generally makes him a jump shooter.

Will's penetration gets others free, and when he's playing right, he will find the open man, and assist almost as well as Jennings in stats, but the effect of his kind of penetration is greater than Jennings additional assists.

However, dribble penetration on defense is where our major problem lies! People complain about Greg Monroe's defense and Josh's dumb stuff, but those things are small compared to this problem.

Let's assume that Joe's plan was working with the guards. He would have Jennings & Chauncey likely playing most minutes, especially in the 4th, but the flaw in that plan is that he didn't have a single guard that could keep his man in front of him for at least 10 seconds of the clock! Also remember that KCP wasn't projected to be a great defensive player, so Joe didn't know that!

Last years team was MUCH better defensively, and they had Monroe & Maxiell in the frontcourt, with Calderon & Knight on the perimeter, and dribble penetration wasn't near the problem it is this year.

Effing Calderon, and we were better? Knight held up strong against most guards in the NBA, and Calderon did his best to hold his own, and they looked like DPOY dudes compared to what we have now!

Tonight I thought they played well enough to win offensively, but failed to seal the deal defensively, with dribble penetration being the big problem.

I'm a big Knight supporter, and I complained that we would lose a good PG defender in Knight, but even I didn't know it was going to smell that bad.

Don, I'm going to have to say that we need to go to much more zone because at a minimum it forces them to shoot over it, and that means less shots in rhythm, and long 2's and 3's are less likely to drop than giving up layups off of dribble penetration.

Actually, since you know your guards can't guard anyone, why in the world are you playing man to man?
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:15 pm

Oracle wrote:It's the Singler & Bynum show!!!

I wanted a loss, but I can't lie, this win had me fist pumping!

They steeped up the defensive intensity in the 2nd half, and if that continues, it'll offset some of the dumb on the other end!

Lots of hero's tonight!!
Exactly how I felt about this game Oracle. I wanted to see another loss just to hope that we have a chance to keep that critical draft pick but the world is still a better place to live in when our Pistons play winning style basketball. Still the Hawks were missing key players. 

What a great pick up by Atlanta relating the Paul Millsap. He is the complete player our Pistons are missing. This guy is in incredible physical condition. A friend told me some stories about Millsap's work ethic. He leaves no stone unturned. 

Atlanta should have taken a closer look at some of our Piston players free throw percentages. Not only could they play hack a Drummond but could do the same thing with Moose and Smith. That would have been funny to see when Drummond was taken out. Drummond gave a great effort and is improving on his defensive movement in the paint getting his hands on passes and doing it with better foot work. Just jack up the effort by Monroe and Smith and this team might have a chance to beat Atlanta when they are at full strength.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty We Shall Call Him "Big Balls!"

Post  Go Stones! Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:03 pm

FORUM - Page 9 Andre_10

For he is HIGH and MIGHTY!
Go Stones!
Go Stones!

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty 'Sheed!!!

Post  Sebastian Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:10 am

I would have like to have been a fly on the Pistons locker room wall, during the halftime of last night's game.

I am certain that Assistant Coach 'Sheed shouted more than a few choice words to OUR guys.

Dre, Moose, and Josh played like men, who cared during the second half of the game; and Elmer's Singler played a very solid game.

Sixty-three 2nd half points has to be the best second-half that OUR guys have played all season.

These m@therf#ckers need to play like they give a damn for each possession of the remaining 27 games!
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty When this happens, we will win!

Post  Oracle Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:57 pm

"Pistons point guards Brandon Jennings and Will Bynum didn’t have big scoring nights but they combined for 21 assists against only three turnovers to lead an efficient offense."

Jennings didn’t play in the fourth quarter, when he typically hijacks the offense and hurts the Pistons’ chances of winning.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty Holy Shizoli

Post  Oracle Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:59 pm

It's the Singler & Bynum show!!!

I wanted a loss, but I can't lie, this win had me fist pumping!

They steeped up the defensive intensity in the 2nd half, and if that continues, it'll offset some of the dumb on the other end!

Lots of hero's tonight!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty It's Halftime, and...

Post  Oracle Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:49 pm

Already it's smelling like an ass whooping!

Jennings without a single point... what a sad sack!

BTW, is there anybody that Bynum and Jennings can guard?
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty The charity is obvious...

Post  Oracle Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:47 pm

Fennis Dembo wrote:Buy out!  Buy out!   That bum should donate all the money he made under false pretenses the last five years to charity.
If they gave away free posters of Charlie V at the palace, fans would be burning them.  The resulting smoke would delay the game.
He has played in the league for nine seasons and has never been in the playoffs.   If they gave out a "Least Valuable Player" award, he would win it.
He should buy Joe Dumars expensive birthday and Christmas presents for the rest of his life for making him rich.
He plays like crap.  If he was in "The Sound of Music", he would be part of the Von Crap  family.

He already looks like a cancer patient and he pretends to be an NBA player, so why not pretend to be a cancer patient and donate his last dime!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty My Charlie V Rant

Post  Fennis Dembo Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:13 pm

Buy out!  Buy out!   That bum should donate all the money he made under false pretenses the last five years to charity.
If they gave away free posters of Charlie V at the palace, fans would be burning them.  The resulting smoke would delay the game.
He has played in the league for nine seasons and has never been in the playoffs.   If they gave out a "Least Valuable Player" award, he would win it.
He should buy Joe Dumars expensive birthday and Christmas presents for the rest of his life for making him rich.
He plays like crap.  If he was in "The Sound of Music", he would be part of the Von Crap  family.

Fennis Dembo

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty Charlie V would consider a buyout now but why did he not say this earlier?

Post  cool breeze Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:28 pm

With the season coming to a close, Charlie has decided it is time to abandon ship. He expressed frustration recently about his playing time. But awhile back he advised the media that he was content and understood why he was not playing. Of course it was never about his lack of talent. Somehow there still are fans who believe in Charlie and were upset that he was not placed in the playing rotation after Cheeks was fired. So that must be where Cheeks went wrong. Could Charlie be a secret weapon for another NBA team? If he was offered a buyout and accepted, would another NBA team actually consider adding him to their team? The answer is NO. It appears that every team in the league has Charlie's number but maybe Dumars is pressuring the new coach to place him in the rotation. That idea should work well if Detroit's goal is to somehow lose enough games to keep the number one draft pick. It will be difficult because the teams ahead of the Pistons have been on the losing program now for some time and are getting good at plugging in the right players on their team to guarantee more losses.  

I think that a starting lineup of Charlie V, Smith, Stuckey, Jennings, and Bynum would work. yes go to small ball with terrific players who can score anywhere on the court at any time. None of those players really care about playing team orientated basketball so Detroit should be able to get behind by at least 18 points by the end of the 1st quarter. Sure enough, Stuckey would come up with a headache and have to go to the bench so it sure is great that we have KCP to fill in. The small lineup will work. If nothing else, Charlie V will be forced to feel some pain after playing an entire game without a rest break. Imagine what this guy has gotten away with while playing for Detroit. 8.5 million dollars guaranteed without having to do jack sh#t. All he has to do is pack his bags for those away games and most likely makes Siva carry his bags to his hotel room. 

I can only imagine what the coaches are thinking when they look at their players in the locker room. There in the center of things is Charlie tweeting to his agent about what will happen next year. Who cares it is a fact that Charlie will never have to work again in his entire life thanks to Joe Dumars. Still maybe Charlie does have a point now that he is pissed off about not playing enough. He watches the Piston guards playing defense and says to himself, I can play defense as well as those idiots. Why can't I play? No Charlie you are still the worst defender on the team. I know that rocket flat 3 point shot of yours was money maybe 5 years ago, but you have proved that you can't do much of anything right in the NBA anymore. Pack up and feel lucky you have all that loot. No damage to the knees or back to worry about because you are fresh and can enjoy retirement with no pain. On the other hand could Charlie have outfoxed Joe Dumars for this entire contract period. Maybe Charlie has been sandbagging for all this time so as not to hurt himself by playing too much. Maybe he does have amazing talent and will unleash it next season. After all, the NBA is a business as so many NBA players have pointed out. We have a lot of good businessmen wearing the Piston uniform now. Maybe we should have more respect for their high business IQs. Don't give too much for the Piston organization. Just fake it as best you can and keep the money coming. Then after you hide your talent until your contract is up, you will be well rested and healthy and ready to play hard for another team and of course keep it going longer extending your career in the league. Are some of the players telling Drummond to stop playing so hard. He is making them look bad. Be a team player Andre.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty Who is Gores?

Post  Oracle Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:56 pm

You guys have it all wrong. Gores looks like my Dad's favorite singer, whose music I had to listen to if I wanted to or not Smile

However here are two of his songs that I actually liked, and this is Gores! BTW Seb, you got it right, that would have made Gores a goat here forever... good catch!

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty The reason why Joe is still on the staff, if he wasn't allowed to make any moves ...

Post  Sebastian Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:44 pm

Okay, I thought Joe should had been at least fired along with Mo’, but he wasn’t so I said to myself … if a single trade is not made by 3:00 PM EST (2/20/14), then Joe is surely going to be fired or more delicately stated: His contract will not be renewed.

I still don’t think that Joe’s contract will not be renewed and I believe that he was not fired along with Mo’, because of the tribute to the ’88-’89 Pistons that I’ve read is scheduled on March 28, when the Palace will be packed to see the Heat.

Gores did not want to have to have fired Joe and then ask that he attend the tribute on March 28.

Last edited by Sebastian on Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:58 pm

deusXango wrote:Interest in professional basketball reaches an all time low in southeastern Michigan...the Palace looks like Cobo Hall circa 1970...enter Seattle with an offer Gores doesn't refuse. He moves the franchise to the Great Northwest (closer to home) with Adam Silver's blessings, and is a hero of the people. The GM? Why Phil Jackson of course.

Would Mr. Gores betray his own home State? What a sad thing to ponder. The end of the Detroit Pistons would be a real blow to many of us who care. Stuckey would love this idea. It would be nice if Gores would make a official statement to end this rumor.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:49 pm

Sebastian wrote:
deusXango wrote:Is there any player in the NBA who can score 20 points, grab 20 rebounds, and still be criticized, other than Andre Drummond?

The big and mighty Moose (you see the shoulders and hands on this guy?) is guaranteed to have the ball stripped from him by a 6' guard...every game!

The prettiest form on an unsuccessful 3 pointer is shot by Josh Smith.

The prettiest form on an unsuccessful step back clanger is shot by Brandon Jennings.

It's a damn shame the pretty boys don't know the value of high percentage and what it means to a team....style & profile is the sh!t.

With all the time Kyle Singler spends in the gym, working on his game, why can't he average 10 points?

After a couple of alley-oops to Drummond, a jump shot, and a successful drive to the cup, why does Will Bynum always loose his mind?

Is Rodney Stuckey still trying to prove to the world that he's better than Russell Westbrook, and if so, when will he average 20 pts. a game?

Jonas Jerebko went from energy guy to who cares man?

Luigi Datome comes off the bench just long enough to pick the splinters out of his ass.

Charlie Villanueva doesn't need splinter time...with $8.5 million he can afford to have them professionally picked.

Did the Pistons do a conference call during the trade deadline? I ask because I wonder how Gores vetoed trades.

How long before Joe's let go? The fumigation of his office and scrapping of jelly & sugar cream is going to take considerable time.

FORUM - Page 9 Owl11

I can answer the question as to why Singler isn't averaging at least 10 points a game. Although Singler takes pride in setting screens and moving hard without the basketball, out of ignorance his teammates don't use his screens properly very often and then of course then never reverse the basketball and only play one side of the court where Josh Smith is located. In the first charlotte game for example, Singler only touched the basketball 3 times in the first quarter and one of those times he had stolen the ball on defense. No it was Jennings passing to Smith and then Smith passing back to Jennings with them both firing blanks at the rim. Then the coaching staff scolds our two problem players at halftime and the Pistons come out with more movement in the 2nd half. Singler needs to get into a rhythm and know that the basketball will be coming at the right moment being that he is the player who is expected to hit outside shots. Can he count on his teammates to play the right way? It is only with scolding from the coach that inspires Jennings and Smith to play with all 5 players. Singler functions will on a smart team. He would fit in well on a team like the Spurs. I sadly believe that Singler will be looking for a new home when his contract expires. Look for him to try to get on that Portland team. Only the low basketball IQ street balling one on one players are attracted to playing for the Detroit Pistons. Those are the type of players Joe likes most. 

I is wild that Dumars didn't try to obtain Andre Miller. I suspect that no team wanted his players again. That is the biggest reason why Joe hasn't been able to make a good trade. Most likely the biggest thing on Joe's mind right now is how hard it will be for him to sign Rodney Stuckey this summer. Joe lost a lot of sleep before he was able to sign Bynum. He lost out on Maxiell but he got Bynum. Joe's supporters are proud.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:25 pm

deusXango wrote:Oddly enough, in an article by Wojo, addressing the sorry play of our players, and their lack of accountability, I found the most damning insight into Joe Dumars sorry performance as GM, and in the same breath, he shows that Tom Gores only shortcoming has been putting trust in Joe.

"I’m fairly certain, despite his demands, Gores didn’t personally scout Smith and Jennings or first-round pick Kentavious Caldwell-Pope. I doubt he was even familiar enough with Trey Burke to advocate drafting the point guard instead of trying to turn Jennings into one."
-Wojo

That statement makes sense to me, and the facts speak for themselves; we have Smith, Jennings, and passed on Burke in favor of Caldwell-Pope!! These decisions set in motion the scrapping of this season, a season Tom Gores said he wanted the playoffs for Pistons fans!!! Sure he's the owner, but when the team wins, the fans get much more enjoyment out of it and take immeasurable pride in it. When I hear fans rag on Gores, I feel like they're Joe apologists; first it was Karen D, now it's Tom Gores, but the ignored fact is JOE DID MAKE MOVES under those people ownership!!!

I'm not a Chauncey hater, but damn if I ain't tired of reading the endless articles on his knee surgery; it wasn't even hurt in the heat of play when he was in service of this team.

Things we'll never know the truth about...how many inquiries did Joe receive for Rodney Stuckey, before the deadline? Was there any interest shown in Jennings? Bynum? I'd like to know if any interest was shown in our combo/PG's, because Joe had to have them. The Great Joe Dumars.
dX good job on this. I am guilty of blaming Mr. Gores but know deep down that Joe Dumars and his staff have been making all the recommendations. If we don't place pressure on the owner, then how will change take place? Joe Dumars should have been fired several years ago. The press has blamed Karen Davidson instead of Dumars but my bet is that she gave Dumars anything he asked for before she sold the team. It was Dumars who traded Billups for Iverson and then signed Charlie V and Ben Gordon. Dumars had to be behind trading Middleton and Knight for Jennings. Dumars made statements before this last draft that he was close to Burke. If so, then why didn't he understand what a talent Burke is on the basketball court?  Dumars  gave away Budinger to protect his pet project Austin Daye. Fans seem to have forgotten that one. And Dumars had this gut feeling that Stuckey was going to be an All Star player so he gave away Affalo. What bothers me most about Joe Dumars is the fact that there is no way this man could actually be paying any attention to the way his teams have played for the past 5 years. Expecting to win when you sign Will Bynum to a two year contract after trading for Jennings was close to insane. The "Mother" Joe Dumars must protect his sons, Stuckey, Bynum and Charlie V. I was just wondering why is didn't give Bynum 8.5 million a year to match his other son's salary. There must be friction in the Dumars home at night. And what went on in the conversation between Dumars and the Charlotte Bobcats when Joe made that crafty trade to rid the team of Gordon? Was Joe celebrating after giving away our number one draft pick. I would have preferred to keep Gordon and given them Stuckey. But Stuckey is family so I understand. 

There is no way that Joe Dumars will be coming back to run this team next year. But why did it take so long? But what worries me more is the fact that some of Joe's inner circle might return. That would be a big mistake because Joe Dumars relies on his staff a lot. Mr. Gores is responsible because he owns this team. We need an owner who is involved and does the work necessary to make good decisions. I could see this coming last summer and was sick when Joe traded Knight and Middleton and of course passing on Burke but it is time for the reporters to publish the history of events over the past 5 seasons and way back to the Darko draft pick.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

Post  deusXango Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:46 am

Oddly enough, in an article by Wojo, addressing the sorry play of our players, and their lack of accountability, I found the most damning insight into Joe Dumars sorry performance as GM, and in the same breath, he shows that Tom Gores only shortcoming has been putting trust in Joe.

"I’m fairly certain, despite his demands, Gores didn’t personally scout Smith and Jennings or first-round pick Kentavious Caldwell-Pope. I doubt he was even familiar enough with Trey Burke to advocate drafting the point guard instead of trying to turn Jennings into one."
-Wojo

That statement makes sense to me, and the facts speak for themselves; we have Smith, Jennings, and passed on Burke in favor of Caldwell-Pope!! These decisions set in motion the scrapping of this season, a season Tom Gores said he wanted the playoffs for Pistons fans!!! Sure he's the owner, but when the team wins, the fans get much more enjoyment out of it and take immeasurable pride in it. When I hear fans rag on Gores, I feel like they're Joe apologists; first it was Karen D, now it's Tom Gores, but the ignored fact is JOE DID MAKE MOVES under those people ownership!!!

I'm not a Chauncey hater, but damn if I ain't tired of reading the endless articles on his knee surgery; it wasn't even hurt in the heat of play when he was in service of this team.

Things we'll never know the truth about...how many inquiries did Joe receive for Rodney Stuckey, before the deadline? Was there any interest shown in Jennings? Bynum? I'd like to know if any interest was shown in our combo/PG's, because Joe had to have them. The Great Joe Dumars.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty Next phase of his career?!?!?!

Post  FlyDog Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:49 am

Phil1980boy wrote:If I'm Joe and Gores let's me go, I would take the Cavs job and move on to the next faze of my career.

Anyways. Tome Gores looks exactly like Silvo from Sopranos or Lilly Hammer. Look!!

FORUM - Page 9 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2_PPVxhdaZNwc9n0SIMgjQjIhMhtT7dbF4qy7PsGFB-K8aX8xJQ

I think Joe is too proud to go on one of those "My 600 Pound Life" shows. Besides, he doesn't need the money. He's been robbing the Pistons blind for a decade now.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next