Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+11
lemonpen
Phil-Good
Fennis Dembo
merc
Sebastian
deusXango
Go Stones!
CMUGroupProject
FlyDog
Sissy1946
Murph
15 posters

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty abomination of so call defense for this 2013/14 Detroit Pistons team.

Post  Phil-Good Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:37 pm

This has to be the worst defense I have ever seen the Pistons play since I have been blessed to walk on the Planet Earth.

It's terrible. It's A joke!!

I watched half of the first quarter of that Houston game and I turn the game off and finished off season 4 of Star Trek the Next Generation.  tb  tb 

That defense was pitiful. J.Smith BRICK ass jump-shot, B.Jennings looking like he don't give 2-F.U.C.K.S. since his boy-friend got fired.. What the F.U.C.K. MAN!!!

The Detroit Pistons are A JOKE in Pro basketball right now. I can't wait for the turn-around but it's not going to happen this season.

This is the least I have watched the Detroit Pistons since they were on Pass Sports and I could not afford to pay for the channel because I was A KID!!!!!

This organization has become A joke. Good luck fixing this abomination Mr Gores.
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  cool breeze Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:05 pm

deusXango wrote:
Sebastian wrote:I know the mission has changed from making the playoffs to preserving the 2014 pick, but W have got to beat the pitiful Knicks, tonight.

WE can't lose to the team that is slightly more a disgrace, this season, than WE are. If WE lose tonight, the national sports media are going to begin talking bad about US.
It's only fitting that this years mission change from making the playoffs to preserving our 2014 pick (hopefully to be used by a new GM), because Joe's asinine excuse for trading away Billups (2004 Championship MVP) for AI was to get the "All-Star calls" in the playoffs, but when that ridiculous plan went to sh!t, the mission changes to "we got him for his expiring contract." We all know how that worked out...for those who may need reminding, it's why some of the most loyal Pistons fans are pulling for the home team to continue to suck!

Sebastian, I'm with you 100% about losing to the Knicks tonight...we need the national sports media to dissect, rip into, give historical timelines of our decline, expose Joe for what he's really done for the last 8 years as our GM, and give a honest, close assessment of our owner, Tom Gores. We need some reporting that really matters, and not that warmed over bullsh!t we've been fed by the local Joe controlled media, for what seems like forever.

Oh, by the way Sebastian, it takes a pair to throw in the towel on a player who they've supported like you have Stuckey; my hat's off to you Bro'.
Good luck, Stuckey!-Sebastian
Very good dX!!

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty Successful GMs are able to select players who have intensity and court awareness. This those things are lacking in most of our Piston players

Post  cool breeze Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:54 am

While attending the Arizona-Stanford game last night I could not help but notice the difference between many of the Arizona players and the current players who wear the Piston uniform. Arron Gordon is only a freshman but he is perhaps the most amazing defensive player that I have seen play college basketball. He plays 3 positions well especially on defense. He could be a great point guard in the NBA because of his amazing vision of the court. But what really stands out is his ability to think ahead on defense and know what the opponent is trying to accomplish. He gets between his man and the ball at all times. On the weak side, his head is constantly moving watching cutters trying to fill the lanes. Sure enough Gordon is there helping a teammate and blocking a shot and then running the court extremely fast. His mind is in the game completely. There is no let down. He is always moving and moving fast. If he has a subpar game, Gordon will insist on staying in the arena after games to practice sometimes well after midnight. The guards on the Arizona team think alike as well. When one guard forces his man to the inside, the other guard is there to help stop dribble penetration and then quickly adjusts back on his man to prevent a open outside shot. 

I only pointed out some of the things that I enjoyed watching last night because I never see this happen with our players. After watching the first half of the Detroit-Houston game again this morning, I could not help but write this post because our Piston players do not have the necessary ingredients relating to court awareness and  high intensity on defense. Monroe is a perfect example. He was so off in the first half on defense it was amazing. Greg was 2 steps behind every Houston play. He showed that he has no ability to think ahead and get to spots where his assigned man wants to be in their offense. And there is just no intensity alive inside Greg Monroe's heart. He just doesn't have that extra adrenaline rush that great players automatically turn on in games. There is this dull look on his face and he seems to be in shock at times when he gets beat or is out of position. Monroe is not the only one. All of our guards are the same way with the exception of Singler who has that ability to think ahead on defense. On another high functioning team, Singler would really look like an outstanding player. Our players have no unity on defense and no plan or interest in helping each other out. The reaction time to events going on is way too slow to ever get a passing grade by any coach. So I say it again, some of the players on this team are not coachable. They just do not have what it takes to be adequate defenders. And if you cannot defend anyone, no team can win or improve. In the Houston game, it was clear that Jennings, Smith, Stuckey and Bynum were only interested in shooting the ball and at most could only concentrate long enough to make one pass in the half court offense. 

I looked at the list of players filling the spots in the first round on NBADRAFTNET and said to myself that few of those players are NBA ready. I have watched a lot of college ball this year and believe that there are a lot of players who are not listed in their first round who are much better NBA prospects. This year there are 10 really good teams in the PAC12 conference. I usually lean towards the Big 10 as being a great basketball conference and do not believe the Big Ten has the best players this year or the best teams. Taking a road trip to Utah and Colorado and playing both of those teams in one week where they play in high altitude is very difficult plus both of those teams perform great at home. Playing at Oregon, Oregon State or Washington is also extremely difficult. But media based in New York does not recognize what is going on in the PAC12 this year. Great coaching and different styles make watching the games very interesting. 

Nick Johnson who  has been a key player now for 3 seasons on good teams is not listed in the first round on NBADRAFTNET. If he played in the Big Ten or the ACC there is no doubt that he would be up high on every draft board. Johnson is a leader type guy unlike any of our current Piston players. Nick is the the best guard defender in college ball and he can guard small forwards and both guard positions whoever the best offensive player might be on the opposing team. And Johnson is a fantastic shot blocker who has made key blocks on 7 foot players when the game was on the line. Johnson can play both guard positions well on offense. He is a play maker always making a key play with a interior bounce pass or shooting a key shot in crunch time. He plays much like his uncle Dennis Johnson. Johnson is the team leader on this current Arizona team. He knows what it takes to win and is all about winning not his personal stats. Nick has suffered disappointment and learned from it and will a solid NBA player because of his work ethic. Another player who stands out this season is guard CJ Wilcox from Washington who is a great two way player but his team is rebuilding this season. He doesn't play like our Piston guards having none of their obvious defects. And Stanford has two amazing guards who are extremely quick and smart and a small forward who is a can't miss rotation player in the NBA next year if he decides to declare for the draft. But many draft boards seem to only concentrate on players who play in the East or Mid West who I believe have a lot of limitations especially relating to defensive ability and quickness. Some draft boards have one or two UCLA players listed but those two are not the best players in the PAC 12 this season. I am sure the hard working GMs that i have seen at games this year know who the real prospects are in this draft. And I doubt that the Piston organization has any clue who those player might be. 

After Dumars retires, I hope the process will be created to remove many of the current players who are wearing Piston uniforms. Remember back when Zeke played ball at Indiana? Did any of you have any doubt that Thomas would not become a great NBA player? It was obvious or very clear that he stood out as having not only great ability but fantastic court awareness and intensity to go along with determination to create a winning team. He was the leader at Indiana and the best leader of all time for our Detroit Pistons. We need a GM who can identify the young players who have those qualities and not settle for dysfunctional types that we have witnessed now for 5 years.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty More sh!t on Dumars plate

Post  deusXango Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:52 am

Sebastian wrote:I know the mission has changed from making the playoffs to preserving the 2014 pick, but W have got to beat the pitiful Knicks, tonight.

WE can't lose to the team that is slightly more a disgrace, this season, than WE are. If WE lose tonight, the national sports media are going to begin talking bad about US.
It's only fitting that this years mission change from making the playoffs to preserving our 2014 pick (hopefully to be used by a new GM), because Joe's asinine excuse for trading away Billups (2004 Championship MVP) for AI was to get the "All-Star calls" in the playoffs, but when that ridiculous plan went to sh!t, the mission changes to "we got him for his expiring contract." We all know how that worked out...for those who may need reminding, it's why some of the most loyal Pistons fans are pulling for the home team to continue to suck!

Sebastian, I'm with you 100% about losing to the Knicks tonight...we need the national sports media to dissect, rip into, give historical timelines of our decline, expose Joe for what he's really done for the last 8 years as our GM, and give a honest, close assessment of our owner, Tom Gores. We need some reporting that really matters, and not that warmed over bullsh!t we've been fed by the local Joe controlled media, for what seems like forever.

Oh, by the way Sebastian, it takes a pair to throw in the towel on a player who they've supported like you have Stuckey; my hat's off to you Bro'.
Good luck, Stuckey!-Sebastian
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty Thanks, Moosefan ...

Post  Sebastian Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:37 am

MOOSEFAN wrote:LOL!

My '90's pop culture references (or was Barr and Arnold a couple in '80's) have become a little dull over the years.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty A Freaken Men!!!

Post  Oracle Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:30 am

MOOSEFAN wrote:

I hope the Knicks kick our asses all over the court tonight I don't want to see another win by this team the rest of the season.

PLEASE let the Knicks kick our asses tonight!

Never sit Jennings ass, and force Josh to shoot 30 3 pointers! Foul Dre out in the first quarter, and force Moose to play defense all night long!

Seb, we have very little face to save, and almost no ass left, so the floggings will continue until the pick is secured!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty Seb

Post  WTF Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:29 am

I hope the Knicks kick our asses all over the court tonight I don't want to see another win by this team the rest of the season.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty That's Rosanne Barr and Tom Arnold Seb

Post  WTF Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:27 am

LOL!
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty The Kinicks tonight ...

Post  Sebastian Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:26 am

I know the mission has changed from making the playoffs to preserving the 2014 pick, but W have got to beat the pitiful Knicks, tonight.

Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty Rosanne Barr and Kevin Arnold

Post  Sebastian Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:22 am

cool breeze wrote:
Sebastian wrote:
deusXango wrote:Get a GM in here who can evaluate basketball talent...KCP is not equal to Trey Burke! Burke, BK7, and Middleton are more valuable than Jennings, Billups, and Bynum.

Use this LAST lottery pick on the best SF available (Rodney Hood?) and pursue a veteran starting backcourt (Vasquez & Sefalosha?).

As much as I personally like J-Smoove, trade him along with Jennings for assets that make sense for the team...1st round pick next year? Julius Randle this year? (I know I'm dreaming)  lol 

It's time to start building around Drummond with the best talent and basketball smarts available.

Throw Datome out on the floor for extended PT to see what we have and stop with the negative speculation....I'd like to see what he can produce once he gets comfortable on an NBA floor.

Do not renew Joe's contract, nor resign Stuckey! Those two have been joined at the hip as this franchise has gotten worse and worse; it's time for both to go.

If J.J. and Bynum can't be traded, buy them out...better bench veterans are available and those two are no more than sentimental favorites, because they've been here so long.

Let this be the last shameful season for the Detroit Pistons.

DX wrote: Do not renew Joe's contract, nor resign Stuckey! Those two have been joined at the hip as this franchise has gotten worse and worse; it's time for both to go.

DX, trust me my man, I am not trying to get into a "should we or should we not" resign Rodney Stuckey argument with the writing of this post. I will wait until the post season comes to have those arguments with you.  hehe 

All I have to say is every good team needs to have a quality sixth man, who helps to define a team. It is not Stuckey's fault that he has been coached by six different coaches, since being drafting. Stuckey at $5 - $6 million for three years would be a bargain coupled with a seventh coach, like Lionel Hollins are positives, in my opinion.

I don't think that not resigning Stuckey is a cemented decision. Joe on the other hand, will not have his contract renewed. I and everyone else expect an announcement will follow, at this dreadful season's merciful end.
I agree with dX Sebastian. Stuckey is only playing for a new contract. He will go all out in the month of March and for the remaining games. This guy is making 8.5 million. What would you do if you had a chance to sucker a GM into another big contract. I believe 6 mil is a big contract by the way. For sure, Stuckey wants a change and would prefer to play on the West coast. He might concentrate more and play more consistently if that did happen. It would be good for everyone concerned if he found a new home. There are some good guards available in the 2nd round who are better than KCP. I would love to see a guy like Wilcox from Washington get drafted by the Pistons. If that would happen, nobody would be thinking about losing Stuckey. So even if Stuckey averages 30 points a game from here on out, I wouldn't want to see him play again for the Detroit Pistons. And I do believe that Rodney is a really nice guy off the court. I want to see players who show improvement. Stuckey has never done that.

I guess you (cool breeze) and DX are right. A divorce on the level of the once married couple, Rosanne Barr and Kevin Arnold, is what should happen in the case of the Pistons and Stuckey, an amicable parting?

I still say my man Stuckey has had to deal with a lot of moving parts, as a constant member of the Pistons for the last 7 years. Sometimes life is a box of chocolates and sometimes you get rocks for Halloween treats.

Good luck, Stuckey!
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty Just Fire His Ass At Season End

Post  WTF Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:20 am

Okay so Gores say's it's not true that he's considering Zeke to replace Joe and that's a bummer, but I really don't give a big **** who he replaces his ass with as long as he replaces him.

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty Message to Zeke

Post  cool breeze Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:18 pm

I have two requests. 

If you get the job please make sure that the Pistons lose the remaining games and then remove all the guards who cannot play defense so we can watch real basketball next season. 

Please hire Laimbeer as head coach if you are not willing to both coach the team and handle the GM responsibilities.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:12 pm

Sebastian wrote:
deusXango wrote:Get a GM in here who can evaluate basketball talent...KCP is not equal to Trey Burke! Burke, BK7, and Middleton are more valuable than Jennings, Billups, and Bynum.

Use this LAST lottery pick on the best SF available (Rodney Hood?) and pursue a veteran starting backcourt (Vasquez & Sefalosha?).

As much as I personally like J-Smoove, trade him along with Jennings for assets that make sense for the team...1st round pick next year? Julius Randle this year? (I know I'm dreaming)  lol 

It's time to start building around Drummond with the best talent and basketball smarts available.

Throw Datome out on the floor for extended PT to see what we have and stop with the negative speculation....I'd like to see what he can produce once he gets comfortable on an NBA floor.

Do not renew Joe's contract, nor resign Stuckey! Those two have been joined at the hip as this franchise has gotten worse and worse; it's time for both to go.

If J.J. and Bynum can't be traded, buy them out...better bench veterans are available and those two are no more than sentimental favorites, because they've been here so long.

DX wrote: Do not renew Joe's contract, nor resign Stuckey! Those two have been joined at the hip as this franchise has gotten worse and worse; it's time for both to go.

DX, trust me my man, I am not trying to get into a "should we or should we not" resign Rodney Stuckey argument with the writing of this post. I will wait until the post season comes to have those arguments with you.  hehe 

All I have to say is every good team needs to have a quality sixth man, who helps to define a team. It is not Stuckey's fault that he has been coached by six different coaches, since being drafting. Stuckey at $5 - $6 million for three years would be a bargain coupled with a seventh coach, like Lionel Hollins are positives, in my opinion.

I don't think that not resigning Stuckey is a cemented decision. Joe on the other hand, will not have his contract renewed. I and everyone else expect an announcement will follow, at this dreadful season's merciful end.
I agree with dX Sebastian. Stuckey is only playing for a new contract. He will go all out in the month of March and for the remaining games. This guy is making 8.5 million. What would you do if you had a chance to sucker a GM into another big contract. I believe 6 mil is a big contract by the way. For sure, Stuckey wants a change and would prefer to play on the West coast. He might concentrate more and play more consistently if that did happen. It would be good for everyone concerned if he found a new home. There are some good guards available in the 2nd round who are better than KCP. I would love to see a guy like Wilcox from Washington get drafted by the Pistons. If that would happen, nobody would be thinking about losing Stuckey. So even if Stuckey averages 30 points a game from here on out, I wouldn't want to see him play again for the Detroit Pistons. And I do believe that Rodney is a really nice guy off the court. I want to see players who show improvement. Stuckey has never done that.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:04 pm

MOOSEFAN wrote:Yes Cool Breeze they are strongly considering this 2 year college mandate and I'm for one glad to hear it.  New NBA Commish is in strong favor of this and it been starting to pick up some steam and talked about more around the league.  

I was never against the league expanding in popularity or profit and they have but they've done it at the expense of the integrity of the game.  The NBA is a piece of **** circus event I don't care how many casual fans fill an arena to watch that crap doesn't make it real basketball.  

They need to eliminate at least 4 teams from this league and they need to do it quickly.

I think all the rule changes with NBA were too extreme in an effort to make it more of a offensive game for the casual fans. I don't think there were more casual fans I just think the league swapped casual fans for real fans.  They can get those real fans back with a little revision they have to realize that their greed is going to be the end of this league.
Right on Moosefan!! I agree with every word of your post. Wouldn't it be great if the 2 year rule did become NBA law? However, for the teams that have been sandbagging it won't be a good thing. And those teams are powerful when you think about the Lakers, Celtics, Utah and the Knicks. I hope you are right but suspect that the NBA front office will cave in and perhaps decide to employ this rule in 2 or 3 years.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty 2 Year Mandate Coming After This Years Draft

Post  WTF Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:33 am

Yes Cool Breeze they are strongly considering this 2 year college mandate and I'm for one glad to hear it. New NBA Commish is in strong favor of this and it been starting to pick up some steam and talked about more around the league.

I was never against the league expanding in popularity or profit and they have but they've done it at the expense of the integrity of the game. The NBA is a piece of **** circus event I don't care how many casual fans fill an arena to watch that crap doesn't make it real basketball.

They need to eliminate at least 4 teams from this league and they need to do it quickly.

I think all the rule changes with NBA were too extreme in an effort to make it more of a offensive game for the casual fans. I don't think there were more casual fans I just think the league swapped casual fans for real fans. They can get those real fans back with a little revision they have to realize that their greed is going to be the end of this league.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty Are My Eyes Plyaing Tricks On Me

Post  WTF Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:18 am

Really would Gores considered Zeke? This is like 7 seasons too late but I would take it in a heart beat if possible and too further this dream come true event strongly consider Lamb as a head coach candidate as well.

This team needs a tough coach bill might not be a master of X's and O's, but he was a highly intelligent player and coach that proved to be tough on the court and on the side-lines. If anything players would check those egos at the door and give the required effort or not play. He would definitely have the backing of his GM (Zeke)

Zeke does have an eye for talent and Gores is to smart to keep Zeke from blowing his loot as he did in NY. I think Zeke is smart enough on spending if he knows his limitation in which he had none in NY. You didn't see him doing the dumb **** he did in NY while he was with the Raptors in fact the Raptors where so pleased they made him a minority owner of the team.

I hope this Zeke thing comes true. Gore also should know if he does this (Zeke and Lamb) what it would do for his attendance issues at the Palace.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty What I posted on PP...

Post  Oracle Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:55 am

Zeke is the PERFECT GM for the Pistons! He has what Joe has never had… an eye for talent, and Zeke would more often than not, and certainly more than Joe, pickup the right players.

Now, managing the financial/CAP issues may be his weakness, but Gores just needs to get him the proper help doing that!

This would also be poetic justice, since Joe Dumars basically shunned every Piston great from being involved in the franchise, and only when he was in trouble did he even try to right the wrongs he inflicted upon Chauncey.

I love Joe for some of what he’s done, but he never was a risk taker until this season, and he crapped out trying to be someone he’s not!

In response to thisTom Gores reportedly considering making Isiah Thomas general manager

YES, I would welcome Zeke as GM!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty Me Too

Post  lemonpen Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:28 am

Oracle wrote:You'll see everything!

I never thought I would see a Detroit Piston team that played absolutely no defense!

However, I'm rooting for losing as many games as possible, so.........

It pisses me off to do so. I've rooted for weaker Piston squads to make the playoffs. Now, pffffffft.
It's so bittersweet to check the standings to see if we have secured #8.  mad Sad mad Sad 
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty DX on Stuckey

Post  Sebastian Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:52 am

Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty Halftime Report

Post  Fennis Dembo Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:32 pm

Overheard in the Pistons' locker room at halftime:

Loyer:  I have bad news and worse.  Here are the plus/minus stats.  The bad news  is everyone is minus except Charlie who is at zero.  The worse is the starters have a grand total of 22 points.   My assistants have taken my necktie and all sharp objects away from me.  There are certain moments in life that define you.  I hope to god this isn't one of them.  Cheeks you lucky SOB. You got canned. Is there a mercy rule?  If they get to 150 points will they stop the game?

Fennis Dembo

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty Message to Mr. Gores

Post  cool breeze Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:19 pm

This is how your team will look if the Pistons do make the playoffs. It is obvious that Houston's coach and players have Detroit's number after playing that one game in Detroit.  When our Pistons do keep games close it is because the other team has not done the scouting job. Imagine a series where excited Piston fans pay big money to watch this team. 

We all watched the best of Greg Monroe regarding his amazing defensive effort. You can bet that Cheeks would have pulled him within the first 3 minutes. That is what I liked about Cheeks. He had the guts to place Smith, Bynum and Monroe on the bench when they sucked. It is clear that the front office is running this team or the new coach is gutless. Push the ball and Monroe looks like Charlie V on defense. And once Singler was called with those 2 quick fouls nobody moved without the basketball on offense. the first pass goes to Smith who shoots it. Isn't it fun to watch Detroit Piston basketball? The players should give their paycheck to charity and maybe we fans would have more respect for them at least as human beings. To get fans motivated about this Piston franchise, it is time for Joe Dumars to try to fit into a hefty extra extra barge uniform and get out on the floor to show his pet players how to play ball.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty Pep Talk

Post  Fennis Dembo Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:48 pm

Overheard on the Pistons' sideline at the end of the first quarter:

Loyer:  Everybody stick your hands in the back of your shorts and grab your cheeks.  Congratulations,  gentlemen, you just had your asses handed to you.  If you play defense like this in the Bad Boys reunion game I guarantee you will cause them to vomit on the court at halftime.

Fennis Dembo

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty If you live long enough...

Post  Oracle Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:33 pm

You'll see everything!

I never thought I would see a Detroit Piston team that played absolutely no defense!

However, I'm rooting for losing as many games as possible, so.........
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty Yup, AI was a bad Mofo in his prime!

Post  Oracle Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:52 pm

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:15 pm

MOOSEFAN wrote:I think our team represent exactly what Jerry West commented concerning the current talent level of the NBA. He's right the league is the weakest it's ever been and he also said that this years draft is the weakest it's ever been.   We have a roster full of players lacking in fundamental and poor work ethics.  

These are not future Magic, Bird, Zeke and MJ's coming in the league, these are not future KG, Moses, Kobe, and Lebron.  The league is full of overly hyped players with minimum talent and skills.    

Remember when every team had a super star really think about it even the scrub teams had at 2 players that could be argued as All Stars.

This team sucks, the league sucks.

Good thing is the league is going to mandate 2 years of college, something they should have done 10-15 years ago.  

I wish you were right on the league stepping up to require players to stay for two years in college before being eligible for the NBA. I really believe that the AGENTS ave ruined the quality of the NBA and they rule what happens now. I still can't get over the contract Joe Dumars agreed to relating to Will Bynum or Brandon Jennings. Threats made my agents to GMs are real. If an agent has several players under their control the GMs must throw a bone to the weakest they represent. Everyone knows that Nate Robinson is a superior player among the short guys over Will Bynum. How is it that Joe decided to give Will a two year contract instead of even trying to sign Robinson or another bigger point guard? This signing of Bynum had a lot to do with who represented Bynum. I have no faith that NBA executives will stand up against the agents and make the 2 year rule which would be the best thing that could happen for the future of the NBA. I agree as well with Jerry West this season. This has to be among the worst of all NBA seasons for the fans. The overall interest is extremely low. The only time fans will tune in will be when the playoffs start. 

Unless the current coach tries someone else at point guard other than Jennings, Bynum or Stuckey, i am going to tune them out for the rest of the season. All of my friends have already done that.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next