Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+12
deusXango
Sebastian
Go Stones!
Murph
Oracle
Phil-Good
merc
PistonPete
lemonpen
cool breeze
Fennis Dembo
Sissy1946
16 posters

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty Good stuff on this forum today. Who didn't think our Pistons would blow this game against the Lakers? We have too many low basketball IQ players on this team

Post  cool breeze Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:46 pm

Josh Smith gave it all away when he failed to guard his man in the side out of bounds play that netted the Lakers the halftime lead. Who does that? Who turns their back to the opposing player on the opposite side of the ball on a side out of bounds? That amazed me. Smith was guarding nobody allowing his man to slip in for a pass under the basket. This is the NBA where you are supposed to see the best basketball in the world. If any of my players would have done that in varsity high school basketball, his teammates would have beat his ass after the game. Stupidity doesn't fly in high school ball but it does in the NBA when players come in out of high school where they never received any coaching. How can anyone expect a NBA coach to change players like Smith after they have been in the league for 8 or 9 years. It doesn't happen. If your GM signs players like Smith, you have to live with it and it can't be fun. Smith has now missed 8 out of 8 free throws as well. He puts his head down and charges in the lane for the last possession. That is only fitting.

But Smith can't compare with Monroe who did nothing positive while getting playing time for the last 6 minutes of the game. Lakers guards were getting offensive rebounds against Monroe. Remember when the Lakers got 3 offensive rebounds in the last few minutes when the game was tight? Where are your testicles Greg? The answer is he can't help himself. His mind is a step slow it seems in crunch time. So why not bring is a smart big guy like Harrielson? That has to be the answer. This guy has a high basketball IQ that makes up for his weaknesses in other areas. He will get that big rebound and be in the right place to defend. Greg Monroe was having a good game in the first half and then disappeared.

For those of you who were listening to the Lakers announcers who have PASS wasn't that interesting that the announcers were actually laughing at the way our Piston guards were playing on both ends of the floor. The Lakers have no inside game. Everyone knows that they are going to shoot from distance. Piston coaching staff drummed that into their heads before the game and at halftime. But when the games starts, our guards are AWOL on the perimeter. Low IQ basketball is not fun to watch. How many fans who attended this last game will return? That is the question that the owners need to ask Joe Dumars who fielded this guard combination. They should ask Joe, where is A. Affalo? Oh, I forgot, you gave him away didn't you. Laker announcers gave a cheer for the Pistons when Stuckey finally hit a jump shot outside the paint in the middle of the 3rd quarter. They kept track of that fact up until that shot was made. And they also kept track of the fact that our Pistons are dead last in free throw percentage. A team's free throw percentage is a sign of how engaged the team is in the actual basketball game. Is their mind in the game? Do they really care about the team or the game? If so they really concentrate and they practice like hell to avoid missing free throws. Not our players. They must be proud to have the title of this bottom feeder stat. In the end dumb decisions on defense and dumb decisions on offense were the key factors in this defeat. Forum writers can plug in any combinations they want to but the result might be the same if you are plugging in players like Smith, Jennings and Monroe. Drummond is going to be a really good player. KCP might be a guy who contributes but it doesn't look like he will ever be a force in the league but maybe I am wrong because he is so inexperienced. But high school players with the exception of a few who come into the league like Jennings and Smith never seem to overcome their lack of the fundamentals relating to the mental part of playing winning basketball.

It was fun watching the Arizona guards play last night against Duke. I sure know the Pistons could use Nick Johnson's ability to defend right now. I just wonder if Cheeks could make the call, what he would want to do relating to trading players to improve this team. If nothing is done, then I would continue to let Siva make mistakes and get valuable playing time. Nothing is going right for him right now but that will turn around.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty Lemonpen and DX

Post  WTF Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:40 pm

lemonpen wrote:
MOOSEFAN wrote:I have not seen signs of the making of Knockdown Shooters from either and I'm extremely disappointed in both these players to date.  I keep hearing everyone with all the Gigi this and Gigi that but he has done nothing with the minimum minutes he's played that warrant more PT.  Joe apparently sign this guy and sold us on the idea of him being that guy to stretch the floor and it's been a failure so far.  I could only imagine he's not proving his worth in practice as well because Cheeks is not using him.

KCP is playing by default (Chauncey being injured) We got all the rave about him being this great shooter to justify not selecting MCW or Burke (I'm Calling Bullshit On This One).  The reason we should have drafted Burke is 1. He's a clutch 3pt shooter he won't have great percentages but he'll hit that **** when we need it. 2. He's a **** winner and will make all the right decisions with the ball.  Joe could have still traded for Jennings but adding MCW or Burke would have been the better pick over KCP.  

Right now KCP rushes his attempts, his mechanic sucks big time and his shot selection is extremely poor.  If he's the future I don't see it.   All I heard all summer long and preseason was about how confident KCP was I don't see it
Your only alternative lies in turning back the clock.  Reality is that our roster is set and the games keep coming.  We need shooting.  KCP starts, Kyle has had 23 min per game,  while Gigi has had 7.  Wishes won't work.  What next.

What many fans might reject to doing and what's been a big flaw of Joe's.  No we don't get a do over on the draft so Joe has to take quick and decisive actions to correct things even it means trading away KCP for more immediate results.  Yes he made a mistake in not drafting Burke or MCW but it doesn't mean he has to be stuck with waiting on KCP.  If I was Joe I would ship KCP ass along with CV expiring to Orlando for Affalo if possible.  He can stop bullshitting with Singler and JJ and get a solid backup PG or at least one that's going to push Jennings into playing better.  These two things shouldn't be all that hard to do because at present rate this team won't make the playoffs.  

DX, I'm not against giving Gigi Singler minutes because I think Singler hurts the team more than he help it.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty An Article with BITE!

Post  Oracle Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:09 pm

Wow, this article lights into Joe's false promises and cuts Jennings down to size!

"Cheeks is certainly entitled to a different opinion than Dumars, and that might be all that’s happening here. But it also seems like the Pistons are talking out of both sides of their mouth. Make big promises, and then beg for more time when they don’t come to fruition.

For what it’s worth, Cheeks’ assessment looks much more accurate than Dumars’. Not only does the Pistons’ offensive rating fall from when Jennings is on the bench (106.3) to when he’s on the court (100.0), it falls even further when he plays with Smith, Monroe and Drummond (97.3).

Jennings hasn’t shown the polish of a five-year pro, and fit well with this team." - Maurice Cheeks: Brandon Jennings doesn’t know how to play point guard yet

Numbers don't lie, and we get a LOT worse when Jennings is on the floor, and un-surprisingly, the Bucks saw the exact same thing!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty Bits & Pieces

Post  deusXango Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:30 pm

Lemon, that was a great post on glue guys, and I agree with you that Gigi is a knockdown shooter...the more he shows it though, the less he's played. Singler damn sure ain't knockdown and anyone who thinks otherwise, I suggest they check the stats; numbers don't lie! Jennings played a hell of a floor game in the first half, last night, garnering 9 assists...how many did he have in the second half, when the game was on the line?

Wise, I'm going to go out on a limb by saying that offensively Harrellson reminds me of Kevin Love, and I don't think that's a stretch. Bro' you said that you don't think Gigi's done anything with minimum minutes to warrant more PT? What has Singler done with maximum minutes to warrant the time he's been getting? This so-called glue guy is responsible for more of the games we've lost going down the drain than he's been helpful in the wins; the high profile players on the team have been catching the flack, while the non-productive, over played sub, goes unscathed. Would you have any objections for Cheeks switching Gigi's and Singler's PT for the next 10 games? Since we're in the experimental mode, how about a 9 man rotation with Stuckey, Gigi, Jorts, and Siva coming off the bench? Stuckey is clearly the best player on the 2nd unit, so why isn't he given players like Datome and Harrellson to build chemistry with? Knockdown shooters!!
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty Not so fast senior

Post  lemonpen Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:51 pm

MOOSEFAN wrote:I have not seen signs of the making of Knockdown Shooters from either and I'm extremely disappointed in both these players to date.  I keep hearing everyone with all the Gigi this and Gigi that but he has done nothing with the minimum minutes he's played that warrant more PT.  Joe apparently sign this guy and sold us on the idea of him being that guy to stretch the floor and it's been a failure so far.  I could only imagine he's not proving his worth in practice as well because Cheeks is not using him.

KCP is playing by default (Chauncey being injured) We got all the rave about him being this great shooter to justify not selecting MCW or Burke (I'm Calling Bullshit On This One).  The reason we should have drafted Burke is 1. He's a clutch 3pt shooter he won't have great percentages but he'll hit that **** when we need it. 2. He's a **** winner and will make all the right decisions with the ball.  Joe could have still traded for Jennings but adding MCW or Burke would have been the better pick over KCP.  

Right now KCP rushes his attempts, his mechanic sucks big time and his shot selection is extremely poor.  If he's the future I don't see it.   All I heard all summer long and preseason was about how confident KCP was I don't see it
Your only alternative lies in turning back the clock. Reality is that our roster is set and the games keep coming. We need shooting. KCP starts, Kyle has had 23 min per game, while Gigi has had 7. Wishes won't work. What next.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty Nevermind on Granger

Post  WTF Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:44 pm

3 months away
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty Are They Ready Yet

Post  WTF Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:36 pm

What would make this team better is Granger and Rondo, I would give up Singler, JJ, KCP, Bynum, CV, Cash and a 2nd round pick to make it happen.

Rondo, Smith, Monroe, Drummond, Stuckey, Harellson, Jennings, Granger, CB and Gigi would be my top 10 end of story
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty It's time to start using our head (head man that is)

Post  deusXango Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:30 pm

Okay Joe, you're up big hoss...swing for the fences. Put your thinking cap on and then pick up the damn phone! We've got some players with trade appeal, more importantly, we've got some sacred cows; get honest with who's, who.

When it comes to trading a big man, Greg Monroe is our "ace in the hole." Let the season show what his true worth to us is, then allow the market to determine what his value is; if it's more than he's worth to us then do a sign & trade...that's the main benefit of having a restricted FA. We can't loose with this guy. He's a talented big fella, limitations aside. Drummond and Smith are sacred cows; Josh is under contract and Drummond is the franchise!! Those two are studs, when it comes to big man play, on defense and in transition. Keep in mind we have Jorts and Mitchell sitting the bench, snapping at the bit.

Perimeter players are easy to distinguish who stays and who should/can go. If you're reading this Sebastian, you can put a smile on your face, but IMO Rodney Stuckey should be resigned (should his price be reasonable and he continues to perform as he is) and the Pistons start reaping returns for all those years we waited for him to mature. Caldwell-Pope is our last lottery rookie and he shows the most long range promise, outside of Drummond, and he and Stuckey are the best guards we have, all things of worth being considered. Quick strike scorers who are brutes in the backcourt. No one, other than us, want Chauncey and we're lucky if anyone shows interest in Bynum, but Jennings may be paired with Singler or Jerebko, or both and bring a top tier PG or SF into the fold. In all practicality, we won't be able to patch more than one hole and IMO that hole must be PG!

Joe has no excuses for not making a blockbuster trade, because ownership is settled now, and he has the owners backing to make this team playoff worthy. Until a worthwhile trade is made, he needs to let Cheeks know, in no uncertain terms, that he's not satisfied with Singler's performances, thus far, and he didn't go half-way around the world, to sign a league MVP, just to rot on our bench! On his day off, hold a private film session in your office and discuss what you see wrong with the team; there's no league rules that says this can't take place. Joe's got to impress on Cheeks the values he picked up from Chuck Daly about how to keep a locker room united, and maximizing the players efforts to play beyond their abilities. If Joe stuck his nose in all the other coaches business, it's no time to stop now.

This team has talent, flexibility, and potential to excel this year; it has a decent coach, surrounded by seasoned pros (both on the bench and in the locker room). It would be a shame to let this year go to waste simply because Joe finds himself trapped by past behavior; it's time for our GM to make some noise in the league and become pro-active.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty Are We Big or Not?

Post  lemonpen Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:22 pm

Is our strength in BIGS, or not. I think Mo was lily-livered yesterday. (I love cowboy references) The BIG team dominated the paint at a record pace for three quarters, then goes small. Truth is we didn't go small, we surrendered. We didn't dance with the one that brung us. We changed horses in mid stream. We blinked, flinched, swerved, chickened out.

I would rather have lost while bludgeoning Laker ass in the paint as opposed to watching "Clank" be run passed, beaten down court, shot over, ......

If paint presence is our calling card then stick with it while figuring out how to supplement it. SHEESH !!!! (shout out to Uncle Ty)
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty KCP and GIGI

Post  WTF Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:21 pm

I have not seen signs of the making of Knockdown Shooters from either KCP or GIG and I'm extremely disappointed in both these players to date.  I keep hearing everyone with all the Gigi this and Gigi that but he has done nothing with the minimum minutes he's played that warrant more PT.  Joe apparently sign this guy and sold us on the idea of him being that guy to stretch the floor and it's been a failure so far.  I could only imagine he's not proving his worth in practice as well because Cheeks is not using him.

Where I have seen or sense the making of Knockdown Shooter is with Harrellson believe it or not

Last edited by MOOSEFAN on Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty Glue Guys

Post  lemonpen Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:29 am

The very term "Glue Guys" indicates the basis of their function, but offers no clue of timing. Do lottery teams really need glue. Isn't foundation material necessary for glue to serve its function. As a playoff wannabe aren't we still looking for PRODUCTIVE guys, to BIND together. The best glue in the world won't adequately strengthen a structure of styrofoam bricks.

We need a knockdown shooter. Bring on Gigi.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty Jennings

Post  lemonpen Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:16 am

I'm going to disagree with several of you. "I think BJ is just the man for the PG job". He possesses every requisite skill for the position, in spades. For the na-sayers, his size will not be the make or break issue. This kid has the capability of scoring 50, dropping 20 dimes, and ripping 10 steals, on different occasions. There haven't been very many guys in the last 20 yrs that could have lead the break like he did last night.

Brandon is a thoroughbred that needs breaking then re-programming. He arrived raw, in playground mode, and full of ghetto bravado. (sorry if that offends) His focus was primarily on embarrassing the man in front of him.
Since then we have seen signs of an understanding that HE alone can't shoot OUR way to a win.

IMO, last night was an example of him beginning to understand game flow situations that make it necessary to take on the scoring load. How might this game have gone if he converted three free throws after the foul.

If Mo is successful in completing the transition, Brandon will seem like the best bargain in the league.

lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty Singler

Post  Sebastian Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:43 am

deusXango wrote:
lemonpen wrote:
deusXango wrote:
Oracle wrote:Blew a layup right under the basket and he was all alone... caused a 4 point switch and Lakers go in front!
I ain't mad at him Oracle, but I'm tired of him; I'm willing to include him in a trade that'll improve the team.
Sure would like to see Gigi in the 2nd half.  If he hits his first shot I would like to see us actually try another.
Lemon, not only should Gigi get some extended time on the floor, but Jorts as well; they both have superior production numbers over Singler!! Lil' Larry made the "Frankenstein" known as Kyle Singler a hit on a 29 win team, but that shouldn't carry over to what Mo Cheeks is working with; this is a superior team than what was taking the floor last year, and I see this coach alienating players, like the last one did. Kyle Singler is turning into Jason Maxiell 2.0. Singler is a poor ass fit, to be paired with Stuckey, coming off the bench.

I've noticed that some of the same voices that support Singler not being traded (citing his invaluable contributions to the team) are some of the same that call for breaking up our interior big 3; "either Monroe or Smith has got to go," is their cry. Let me say this; LEAVE THE BACKBONE OF THE TEAM ALONE! It ain't a damn thing wrong with our big men...any of them...they just don't have proper support. We need better perimeter players, because right now, we only have Stuckey and KCP that bring anything close to a honest effort from game to game. I'm on the same page with Oracle, I'd give anything to have Calderon over Jennings right now...Monta Ellis wouldn't be too bad, now that I'm looking in that direction. Cuban 2, Gores 0.

Here are some numbers, for those that like numbers, that I find are interesting. Josh Smith has been dogged about the number of 3's he take during a game, but last night he only took 1 out of 16 FG's he attempted, and that's playing 44 minutes; bad shooting night 4-16, but he grabbed 19 rebounds, and had 8 assists. I thought Cheeks was encouraging J-Smoove to take 3's, what's up with that? I guess more will be revealed. I expect fans will be talking about that last second charge called against Smith, because the emphasis was on Nick Young getting knocked on his ass, but nothing was said of Josh getting pushed in the back into Young by Williams (caught on camera); that call should have gone our way, but what the hell, we lost the game long before that. I bring up these interesting numbers, because during this game where Smith sucked (scoring wise), he had as many assists as Singler does on the year...the 3 steals Singler has on the year are pitiful, as is him shooting .207 from behind the 3 point line. (Drum roll please) The +/- for Singler last night was -17, which led the team in that ignoble area...Smith was -2. This comparison is not about two vastly different players, but the hype given to the inferior one, and vilifying the superior one; there's no one to replace Smith on this roster, but there are some better than adequate replacements for Singler on this roster! Oh, where was the justification for playing Singler 33 minutes, and Datome DNPCD? Jorts only played 11 minutes and outperformed Singler, so this ain't about Smith and Singler, it's about why we're wasting precious game minutes on non-productive players and wondering why we loose.

What was worked on during the Turkey Day practice? mad
Doesn't Mo' know that water is wet, that **** stinks and that Kyle Singler is a 9th or 10th man at best? I wonder, if Joe offered Singler instead of Middleton in the trade, this past summer. Joe should had kept Middleton. Damn!

Great post, by the way, DX.clap

Last edited by Sebastian on Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty Pew

Post  Murph Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:15 am

Man that game was a real stinker.  We played well enough to win...except that our shooting was atrocious.  We aren't going to win many games shooting 12% from 3 pt land and 52% from the foul line.  I mean we missed 12  free throws last night.

Drummond and Monroe played well.

We really needed that game.  It doesn't get any easier from here, as the next 3 out of 4 games are on the road.   Uh oh.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty Up 8 With 4 Minutes Left Unable To Close Out The Game

Post  WTF Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:34 am

This game was loss for a **** load of reasons starting with the Pistons horrid free throw shooting, but mainly their crappy perimeter defense which has been killing them all season so far. I agree with lemon and had said this myself that they need to stop dropping into the post to provide help in the paint, IMO Harrellson, Dummond, Smith and Moose are all capable post defenders.

Cheeks need to make a decision with Drummond to play him until he fouls the **** out, if he's not going to put Drummod on the floor then he need to play Harrellson more and keep Smith playing SF as much as possible. He can't keep justifying how Singler gets 30 plus minutes in a game. Cheeks needs to stop the experimenting phase and stick with his top 9 players and Singler isn't one of them.

This team lacks a lot of fundamentals, I don't think Josh Smith has a low IQ I think he gambles far too much. You can't be a dummy and do all the things he does on the court positive, but his gambling comes at the wrong time more than not.

PG is a big problem and Jennings should not be closing out games, I would prefer Stuckey and KCP closing out games, I still say Jennings should be coming off the bench. I still thinks he's a better option than Knight was but he's not the player you want on the floor at crunch time
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty Stuff

Post  Oracle Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:25 am

Phillip, that works for me in spurts, and going zone from time to time works as well, they had some success with zone last night!

However, I believe like Lemonpen, that the perimeter guys need to learn to trust the bigs, or everything goes south!

DX, that was one fine post! I hope Cheeks is coming to some conclusions soon, because we probably have less than 10 more games to keep  play stinky finger, sooner or later, we're going to have to start getting some!

Wise was correct in that he was saying that Cheeks needs to settle on a 9 man rotation and let them build chemistry. I know the players are a bit confused because from game to game the role players are changing.

However, that's a good thing if Cheeks is learning about who he has and what they can give! I knew Larry Brown had a method to his madness, I'm learning Cheeks, so I don't know how good he is at this!

Jennings has complained about this, and while it can account for some of his problems, it can't explain the dumb plays.

I think the biggest problem Jennings has was stated here,

"Cheeks knew where everyone on the floor was supposed to be — or supposed to be going. When they weren’t, he told them. Jennings is trying to learn that now, after a life of seeking out space to shoot" - Pistons' Brandon Jennings will need time to figure out point guard position

And that's EXACTLY what he does, dribble, dribble, dribble to find space to shoot, not to facilitate an offense! That's fine if you're being asked to create a shot, but not generally.

BTW, one additional thing I noticed about Jennings was that his handles aren't as good as I initially thought! They're better than Knight's are, but nowhere near the level of Kyrie Irving, which I was hoping for!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty OMG!

Post  Phil-Good Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:39 am

"ooner or later our wing defenders are gonna have to trust the bigs to defend without help"

OMG! 1 on 1 JUST PLAY THE DAMN GAME ONE ON ONE! LET ! GUY SCORE AND SHUT EVERYBODY ELSE DOWN!

That must be old school thinking because everything is help, and get burn on the weak side in the NBA these days.
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty Singler (clank)

Post  deusXango Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:04 am

lemonpen wrote:
deusXango wrote:
Oracle wrote:Blew a layup right under the basket and he was all alone... caused a 4 point switch and Lakers go in front!
I ain't mad at him Oracle, but I'm tired of him; I'm willing to include him in a trade that'll improve the team.
Sure would like to see Gigi in the 2nd half.  If he hits his first shot I would like to see us actually try another.
Lemon, not only should Gigi get some extended time on the floor, but Jorts as well; they both have superior production numbers over Singler!! Lil' Larry made the "Frankenstein" known as Kyle Singler a hit on a 29 win team, but that shouldn't carry over to what Mo Cheeks is working with; this is a superior team than what was taking the floor last year, and I see this coach alienating players, like the last one did. Kyle Singler is turning into Jason Maxiell 2.0. Singler is a poor ass fit, to be paired with Stuckey, coming off the bench.

I've noticed that some of the same voices that support Singler not being traded (citing his invaluable contributions to the team) are some of the same that call for breaking up our interior big 3; "either Monroe or Smith has got to go," is their cry. Let me say this; LEAVE THE BACKBONE OF THE TEAM ALONE! It ain't a damn thing wrong with our big men...any of them...they just don't have proper support. We need better perimeter players, because right now, we only have Stuckey and KCP that bring anything close to a honest effort from game to game. I'm on the same page with Oracle, I'd give anything to have Calderon over Jennings right now...Monta Ellis wouldn't be too bad, now that I'm looking in that direction. Cuban 2, Gores 0.

Here are some numbers, for those that like numbers, that I find are interesting. Josh Smith has been dogged about the number of 3's he take during a game, but last night he only took 1 out of 16 FG's he attempted, and that's playing 44 minutes; bad shooting night 4-16, but he grabbed 19 rebounds, and had 8 assists. I thought Cheeks was encouraging J-Smoove to take 3's, what's up with that? I guess more will be revealed. I expect fans will be talking about that last second charge called against Smith, because the emphasis was on Nick Young getting knocked on his ass, but nothing was said of Josh getting pushed in the back into Young by Williams (caught on camera); that call should have gone our way, but what the hell, we lost the game long before that. I bring up these interesting numbers, because during this game where Smith sucked (scoring wise), he had as many assists as Singler does on the year...the 3 steals Singler has on the year are pitiful, as is him shooting .207 from behind the 3 point line. (Drum roll please) The +/- for Singler last night was -17, which led the team in that ignoble area...Smith was -2. This comparison is not about two vastly different players, but the hype given to the inferior one, and vilifying the superior one; there's no one to replace Smith on this roster, but there are some better than adequate replacements for Singler on this roster! Oh, where was the justification for playing Singler 33 minutes, and Datome DNPCD? Jorts only played 11 minutes and outperformed Singler, so this ain't about Smith and Singler, it's about why we're wasting precious game minutes on non-productive players and wondering why we loose.

What was worked on during the Turkey Day practice? mad
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty Trade Rumors

Post  Phil-Good Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:02 am

Trade Rumor is Stuckey is not on the market. BULL....S...H...I...T!!!

Please! Make me A good offer and Stuckey is on the first thing smoking out of Detroit!!! Very let down by this team so far in the season.

The upside for this team is Greg Monroe, Drummonds and Josh Smith. Great building blocks. Add the right PG and scoring guard and the Pistons are right in the Mix for A top team in the East.

LET'S GO JOE DUMARS!!!Joe Joe 

Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty Defenseless?

Post  Oracle Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:58 pm

lemonpen wrote:Sooner or later our wing defenders are gonna have to trust the bigs to defend without help.  I'm freakin sick of seeing open 3pt shooters.

It's a shame Josh didn't make one more pass, cause Kyle was open behind the guy taking a charge.

Free throw shooting cost us dearly.

Yeah, but the problem is bigger than the defense.

This team can't shoot!

1. Can't shoot FT's
2. Can't shoot midrange jumpers
3. Can't shoot 3's

We're built to score in the paint, and we can do that, but you've got to be able to hit some jumpers.

I wish we had even one more player playing like Stuckey, but nobody else is even close.

For whatever Josh Smith & Jennings give you, they take it away with either bad defense, brain dead dumb plays, or sadly BOTH!

These two are killing us! Right now, we'd be better off if Prince was the SF, at least we'd cut down on dumb, and I'd KILL to have Calderon instead of Jennings, for shooting if nothing else, but there is more, he doesn't do dumb!

And I thought the Lions were frustrating... sheesh!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty I'm not referring to Stuckey...

Post  Oracle Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:52 pm

MOOSEFAN wrote:
Oracle wrote: Josh Stuckey!!!

Can't really be mad at Stuckey he had nowhere else to go with the ball and neither did Josh who shot like crap today .  Now collectively I'm pissed at the whole damn team because they shouldn't have loss this game.  Cheeks used all his timeouts on these nuts so you can't fault him.

Team up 10 heading into the 4th and blew it. Drummond played 16 minutes and Singler played 33 there lies the problem, also Jennings doesn't know how to run a team in the half court to close out games.    
I'm referring to Josh Smith bulling his way to a charge like the old Stuckey... DUMB!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty Lakers 106, Pistons 102

Post  Sebastian Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:49 pm

How in the hell did WE loose that game? The Lakers were 14-31 from 3 (WE were only 1-Cool and WE shot miserably from the line 13-25. Damn!

Something has got to be fixed, because WE are a broken team, right now.

Last edited by Sebastian on Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty _efenseless

Post  lemonpen Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:40 pm

Sooner or later our wing defenders are gonna have to trust the bigs to defend without help. I'm freakin sick of seeing open 3pt shooters.

It's a shame Josh didn't make one more pass, cause Kyle was open behind the guy taking a charge.

Free throw shooting cost us dearly.

lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty Crazy Game

Post  WTF Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:16 pm

Oracle wrote: Josh Stuckey!!!

Can't really be mad at Stuckey he had nowhere else to go with the ball and neither did Josh who shot like crap today .  Now collectively I'm pissed at the whole damn team because they shouldn't have loss this game.  Cheeks used all his timeouts on these nuts so you can't fault him.

Team up 10 heading into the 4th and blew it. Drummond played 16 minutes and Singler played 33 there lies the problem, also Jennings doesn't know how to run a team in the half court to close out games.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty Thanks!

Post  Oracle Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:03 pm

Josh Stuckey!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content