Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+12
deusXango
Sebastian
Go Stones!
Murph
Oracle
Phil-Good
merc
PistonPete
lemonpen
cool breeze
Fennis Dembo
Sissy1946
16 posters

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Temper That Excitement

Post  WTF Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:14 am

4th Seed?  I don't think so.

While I love the balance that was shown yesterday a 2 game win streak doesn't say 4th seed not this early.  As bad as both the Knicks and Nets are looking now IMO it won't last long an entire season.  I won't say a 4th seed isn't impossible though I just won't stamp it as completed until its completed.

I also don't think Philly will tank it's season, and Atlanta isn't to be taken likely either.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Firing On All Cylinders....

Post  Murph Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:17 am

Wow! I think what we saw last night was a glimse at our future. Sure Milwaukee is injury plagued and in disaray, but we took it to them early, and never let our foot off their necks.

Jennings had an outstanding game. Once again, he ddn't try to do too much or take over the game. He only took 10 shots, but managed to dish 13 assists. clap  He shot a few too many 3 pointers...but as long as he's hitting them...bombs away...

I loved our balanced offense. We had 7 players in double figures, including every single one of our starters. Our bench was outstanding, scoring a combined 46 points last night, including very good efforts by Stuckey, Charlie V, Jerebko and Harrellson.

One of the things I like most about Cheeks is that he tries to get as many players in the game as possible. Last night, he played all 13 eligible Pistons.

And, Cheeks is doing a masterful job of getting through to Jennings about becoming more of a distributor and less of a chucker. tb 

And I loved the way Cheeks handled Josh Smith missing practice. He brought Smith off the bench for one game, asked him to apologize to the team which he did, didn't make a big deal out of it, and moved on as fast as possible. Cheeks' quiet, dignified approach to coaching is beginning to grow on me.

Next up, a decimated Chicago Bulls team at home on Wed. Don't look now, but we could be back to .500 by the end of the week. And in fact, if you look at the EC standings, this team has a very real chance of qualifying for the 4th seed in the East for the playoffs, behind only Indy, Miami and Atlanta.

Go Pisotns!!! pom pom 

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty General comments...

Post  Oracle Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:16 am

Well, we feasted on an emaciated corpse, sometimes called the Bucks! Much like us they've got a lot of new faces and a new coach, but a lot less talent.

Things I noticed,

1. Knight doesn't appear to have added a thing to his game, much like Moose, they look the same, sporting the same problems from the previous year. IMO, if Knight doesn't work harder on his handles, he's going to struggle!

2. Jennings is better but he also needs a lot of work. The difference is that right now, it's easier to see how we can get Jennings from point A to point B than Knight!

3. Echoing the comments of many here... WTF was Joe thinking when he included Middleton in that trade? Middleton can play both SG and SF, and he has a sweeter shot than anybody on our team... %*%@# mad 

Having said that, I think the Bucks will be a decent team later, but it'll be too late to make a difference this year!

Merc is right, Hammond certainly wasn't the brains behind Joe! Hammond is alright, but he's a risk taker who's never satisfied with what he has, so he keeps tinkering.

There's a stupid article saying that Jennings showed the Bucks what they're missing! It's stupid because the Bucks never got what Jennings is doing here, and never would! Jennings is trying to change, and doing a damn good job of it so far, so he wasn't going to change for them, but he did working for 2 Championship guards in Joe & Cheeks!

Evidently Murph's memo found it's way into the Palace brain trust! Keep Jennings in the double digit assist numbers and limit his shooting, and we increase our opportunity to win.

Last edited by Oracle on Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty HATER

Post  WTF Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:33 am

Phil1980boy wrote:I just want to take A minute to give R.Stuckey A hand clap clap 

I remember your last contract year. That was your best season as A pro player. And like MAGIC, here comes your best start as A pro. IN A CONTRACT YEAR!

I'm not mad at you at all bro. What motivates or pushes people is always different from person to person. For some it's the fire to beat all your peers. For some it's pride to get the MAX out of your abilities by hard work and dedication to your craft.

FOR OTHERS IT"S A CONTRACT YEAR!!

I hope Rodney game gets better and better. I hope somebody out there wants to give up something for Stuckey in A trade that can help the Pistons win now and far down the line.

Light the NBA up Stuckey! But we in Detroit have seen this Rodney Stuckey before and he don't last past the next Guaranteed contract until it's at it's end! clap clap 
His best season wasn't contract year, stop making up stuff Piss Boy
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Will the real Rodney Stuckey please stand up

Post  Phil-Good Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:17 am

I just want to take A minute to give R.Stuckey A hand clap clap 

I remember your last contract year. That was your best season as A pro player. And like MAGIC, here comes your best start as A pro. IN A CONTRACT YEAR!

I'm not mad at you at all bro. What motivates or pushes people is always different from person to person. For some it's the fire to beat all your peers. For some it's pride to get the MAX out of your abilities by hard work and dedication to your craft.

FOR OTHERS IT"S A CONTRACT YEAR!!

I hope Rodney game gets better and better. I hope somebody out there wants to give up something for Stuckey in A trade that can help the Pistons win now and far down the line.

Light the NBA up Stuckey! But we in Detroit have seen this Rodney Stuckey before and he don't last past the next Guaranteed contract until it's at it's end! clap clap 
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  merc Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:10 am

Someone will have to inform Lee that Hammond wasn't the brains behind the good years.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Dont look now, but KCP is beginning to splash the nets

Post  PistonPete Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:58 pm

And Jennings is becoming Double Digit Assist guy. Like how Cheeks uses his assets. Would like to see more Datome, but other than that, well, we were playing one of the worst teams in the league so I'll just leave it at that. That Henson is looking like a real keeper. Still wish we could swap him out for Moose.

Gotta say Charlie V is playing like I always wanted to see him play. Let's all drink to contract year heroics. What were the odds Stuckey n Gomer would both wake up when the cock crowed on this season. Go Pistons. Good Win.
PistonPete
PistonPete

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Bottle Whatever Water They Were Drinking Prior To Game

Post  WTF Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:20 pm

This game wasn't perfect but I love the balance and we might have discovered our permanent rotation for the remainder of the season. Stuckey Charlie and Harrellson coming off the bench looks great and like a keeper.

Same old Knight 6 TO's and dumb decision making as usual but Middleton did we really have to give him up "Man That Sucks" he should be backing up Josh. Sure he's happy starting with the Bucks though.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Why is Bynum playing?

Post  Oracle Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:50 pm

Fennis Dembo wrote:Why Is Bynum  playing?
A. It's a rotten job but somebody's got to do it.
B. He mistook Bynum for Gary Coleman.
C. Totally illogical, sir.
D. Cheeks actually told Bynum to get him a vodka on the rocks but, Bynum went into the game anyway.
LOL, makes sense to me lol
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Why is Bynum playing?

Post  Fennis Dembo Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:35 pm

Why Is Bynum  playing?
A. It's a rotten job but somebody's got to do it.
B. Cheeks mistook Bynum for Gary Coleman.
C. Totally illogical, sir.
D. Cheeks actually told Bynum to get him a vodka on the rocks but, Bynum went into the game anyway.

Last edited by Fennis Dembo on Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

Fennis Dembo

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Damn!!!!!!!

Post  WTF Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:12 pm

Why in the hell Cheeks playing Bynum
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Halftime Show

Post  Fennis Dembo Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:57 pm

For tonight's halftime show the Motor City Piston Power Choir will serenade the Milwaukee Bucks with their version of "Turn Out the Lights, The Party Is Over".  Charlie V and Jennings will do their duet of "Rainin' Threes On You From Downtown".

Fennis Dembo

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty They Need A Game Like This

Post  WTF Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:45 pm

That better keep piling it on the Bucks and don't let up. 65 points in a half Wow! 31 point lead. Let see how they react to being up like this
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty The Thrilla in Manilla?

Post  Oracle Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:57 pm

Well, no, it's just.... drumroll....

BK11 vs BJ7

and

Drew vs Smith

Everybody is playing except Drew, who seeks the safety of the bench, but is very involved!

It's going to be ugly as that Deer encounters the Pistons of a mighty Semi lol 

Venison anyone?
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty More On Jennings...

Post  Murph Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:23 pm

merc wrote:Murph, could you send that info to Mr. Maurice Cheeks,  6 Championship Drive, Auburn Hills, Mi. 48326
Merc...will do.

Jennings needs to turn himself into a Ricky Rubio type of pass first PG. Rubio is even more offensively challenged than Jennings. Yet Rubio helps his team by fascilitating the offense and dishing assists.

Jennings needs to limit his outside shots to almost none, and what shots he does take should be on drives to the hoop to score on lay-ups or by drawing fouls.

And Jennings should focus on increasing his assists even more. He's currently 7th in the NBA in apg, with 8.0. And if he focused more on dishing asissts, he could climb as high as 2nd in the NBA in apg, behind only Chris Paul.

Jennings could be a really special PG, if he would stop shooting as much, stop shooting outside shots almost completely, and increase his assists even more.

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/player/_/stat/assists/sort/avgAssists/position/point-guards

Murph

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:18 am

Murph, could you send that info to Mr. Maurice Cheeks, 6 Championship Drive, Auburn Hills, Mi. 48326
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Frank: I'm glad this didn't happen again!

Post  Oracle Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:01 am

This happened when Frank coached the Pistons, and we lost. Good to keep Frank a LOSER with Stuckey putting the umbrella up his ass and pushing the button!

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Good Game

Post  Murph Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:22 pm

That was probably the best over-all game we played all season.  And we desperately needed that win on the road.  Thank God we finally found a team that's ever more dysfunctional than we are.

Our front line finally played the way we need them to.  In order to win, we need our big three to consistently play well together.  Today, Smith, Monroe and Drummond had a combined 40 pts, 29 rbds, 4 asts and 5 stls.  clap 

Stuckey had a monster game off the bench, and I thought Charlie V and Singler played well off the bench also.

But I thought the real story of the game today was Brandon Jennings.  Jennings played under control most of the game, and didn't try to do too much.  He scored 14 points, mostly on free throws, and racked up 10 assists.

Here's a very revealing statistic on Jennings, in my opinion.  In games when Jennings takes 15 or more shots, the Pistons are 0-6.  In games when Jennings takes 14 or fewer shots (like today), the Pistons are 5-2.  That has to be statistically significant.  There's no way that that statistic could be a fluke, after 13 games.

So what we need out of Jennings every game, is for him to focus on fascilitating the offense, setting up his teammates, improving his defense...and not chucking up more than 14 shots!

Next up?...the Bucks at home tomorrow night.  Come on Pistons, make it 2 in a row!  tb

Murph

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:55 pm

5-8 at this time?... I predict that my predictions will be wrong fro pick 
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Lions

Post  lemonpen Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:43 pm

MOOSEFAN wrote:
Oracle wrote:
MOOSEFAN wrote:facepalm 
I can't believe Stafford! We're going nowhere with his ass!

I'm speechless on this crap today. I though last week was bad but this **** today facepalm

I guess the positive would be that GB loss at home as well and we still hold the tie breaker over Chicago
There is no positive when your QB over throws multiple wide open deep receivers during last weeks shootout then serves up multiple INT's to an inept team the next week. There is only the inevitable disappointment of another missed playoffs.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty CV sighting

Post  merc Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:44 pm

Pretty sure I actually saw CV playing defense today against the Brooklyn Dinosaurs.

Nice game plan with all of the quick transition run-outs.

One thing about Cheeks... he's willing to give the kids a chance... and Jorts gotsum game

All of our tradeables are stepping up tb 
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty MuthaF@ckin Lions

Post  WTF Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:14 pm

Oracle wrote:
MOOSEFAN wrote:facepalm 
I can't believe Stafford! We're going nowhere with his ass!

I'm speechless on this crap today. I though last week was bad but this **** today facepalm

I guess the positive would be that GB loss at home as well and we still hold the tie breaker over Chicago
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Hunger Games

Post  WTF Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:12 pm

merc wrote:Take that Lawrence Frank!
What has Stuckey been eating lately?
He's been feeding on the knowledge of both CB and Cheeks, while drinking the contract year Kool-Aid. I'm loving it this reminds me of the 2009 version of Stuckey, the one that was suppose to replace CB.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Pistons 109, Nets 97

Post  Sebastian Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:57 pm

Good win! Moose (18 pts, 11 rbs) played a better game, than he has in most recent 5-6 games. Josh seems to gotten back to being Josh Smith (13 pts, 8 rbs, 3 stls). B. Jennings, only 2-10 from the field, but 10-10 from the line and had 10 dimes, Singler even dropped in 11 pts and collected 6 rbs).

But, the Rodney Stuckey Reclamation Project is in full affect. The dude has got to feed his family. He is doing what he wants to do out on the floor and is daring anybody to stop him. Stuckey had 27 pts, 6 ast, 4 rbs, and 2 stls. My boy, Stuckey, is playing at a commanding pace and with the greatest amount of focus and concentration than he has to start any of his previous 6 seasons.

The Bully Guard is officially back!

Last edited by Sebastian on Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Man playing with Boys?

Post  Oracle Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:33 pm

merc wrote:Take that Lawrence Frank!
What has Stuckey been eating lately?
Wow, where the fu#k would we be without Stuckey???

What a performance on the road!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next