Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+12
deusXango
Sebastian
Go Stones!
Murph
Oracle
Phil-Good
merc
PistonPete
lemonpen
cool breeze
Fennis Dembo
Sissy1946
16 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty The Muppets Are Getting A Little Thick Around Here...

Post  Murph Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:04 am

First, let me say that one of the nice things about this forum use to be that everyone was pretty straight forward, and no one use to post under assumed muppet names.  I say "use to"...  

I mean, if you have something to post, post it once or twice, or maybe even three times.  But don't use assumed muppet names to post the same thing about 10 times in a row.  It not really fair.  Just saying...

Next, you could see this loss coming a mile away.  We were playing a good team, on the road, on the second night of a back-to-back.  As a young team, we just aren't good enough, or conditioned well enough to expect to win games like that one.  Games like this are scheduling losses.  Deal with it.

Like I said yesterday, it's a process.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty Four Left Hooves

Post  WTF Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:27 am

Remember all those dumbass comparison to Moose being like C-Webb, Right! Not even close but I never understood it and where that **** came from. Moose is in a league of his own (Girly League) behind Stuckey, CV and Will he has the longest tenure and you would think he would be a leader on the team. This chemistry excuse is growing old as Mark Jackson (GS) said if you can play you then there are no chemistry issues.

As much as you all kill CV, Moose did some **** I never saw CV do. How in the hell do you trip yourself while running and commit a foul? He spends a lot of time on the floor from being knocked around or tripping himself, how can you be that big and always on the freaking floor?
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty MOOSE HUNTERS ARE EVERYWHERE

Post  WTF Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:56 am

I don't know if it's laziness, retardation or what but it is becoming hard to watch.  After all the anticipation over the summer in waiting to see what this team might be capable of I'm no longer sure that a 5th or 6th seed is possible as originally thought.

I don't know how Cheeks is going to do this but he has to somehow find a way to light a fire under Andre and Moose or the team will continue to stink it up.   We forget that both Monroe, Knight and Drummond all dropped in the draft for various reasons (low energy, low BB IQ) etc.  Well right now those things are on full display and it isn't very pretty to say the least.

When I look at Andre and Moose I see 2 guys that don't really take the game seriously enough that they're willing to improve and stop feeling themselves via all the media press clippings.  Andre I can understand but Moose there's simply isn't an excuse for the lazy **** he does and the Pistons do need to trade him so I for one is really glad he opted not to sign any extension this summer.   Say what you want about Cousins but he doesn't do this lazy **** Moose does and Joe would be stupid to pay Moose anything close to what Cousins is getting.  

Just watching Harrellson for the 6 minutes he played had me thinking we might be better with him starting next to Andre instead.  Do we really need Moose's scoring or a solid defensive presence in the post?  In the last 4 games Moose has laid down to Cousins (SAC), got dominated by George Hill (LA) abused by Bargianni (NY) and terrorized by Milsap (ATL). Heck I might as well throw in Aldridge (POR) and you know what's funny about this is that everyone has a Mid-Range games something Moose don't have.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty Strike while the iron is hot!!

Post  deusXango Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:58 am

I've seen enough, and can admit when I'm wrong. Our interior defense sucks and won't get any better with time; we ain't talking fine wine, we're talking lazy ass basketball players, and something drastic needs to be done about them!

Sebastian, Wise (MooseFan), I've finally become convinced that Greg Monroe is the modern day Kelly Tripucka; no matter how much he scores, he'll give up more on the defensive end....to whoever he plays against!! It's time for him to be replaced, not benched, but replaced! If there's anyone in the starting lineup that needs to be benched, it's Drummond; not benched, per se, but relegated to coming off the bench. We've got three starters to build around and the sooner the better. Smith, Jennings, and KCP. Drummond and Stuckey should be the backbone of our 2nd unit.

The talk about who to trade Monroe for has been crazy; trade him for Rudy Gay...trade him for Wilson Chandler...trade him and Hooper for LeBron. I'm for trading him for Omer Asik, straight up. Asik is a bona fide rim protector and rebounder, who can score. He's arguably the best center in Houston right now. Trade for Asik and give Gigi a turn at starting SF; sit Singler down, until he get's his sh!t together, and play Mitchell for those wasted 20 minutes a night. I don't expect this to sit well with many fans, but what I saw last night didn't sit well with me. I've been a big fan of Omer Asik for quite some time and the word is getting out on how good this man is, but who's willing to trade a Greg Monroe for him? Joe needs to do that deal right away.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty That's not the stone to pass...

Post  Oracle Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:06 am

Fennis Dembo wrote:Charlie V did not play because of  a sore back.  My question is not the obvious, how the hell do you injure your back when you have played in one game in three weeks?  But, shouldn't Gores kick in for a nice recliner chair to prevent injury for a certain someone who has  spent many hours sitting on a hard folding chair?  Some of you might  argue the point that Charlie makes almost $100,000 a game sitting for  two hours watching a  game, let him buy his own freakin' recliner.  To that I retort, let he who is without back pain or their own La-Z-Boy cast the first stone.
Funny sh!t as usual lol 

But I'd like to throw this whole Stones team in the trash!

Seriously, this sh!t is getting hard to watch!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty First year of a 2 year plan

Post  PistonPete Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:07 am

It can come together. It's still early. Cheeks gotta get in that A$$.

I wonder if Moose's laziness is rubbing off on Drums and Smith. I worry about that. More Datome. The precision of plays is totally suspect. I think it is laziness. Jennings dribbling is because everybody is standing around. Few cuts. Terrible precision on the pick and roll, so he has to reset to try and run it again. If you watch, they are sleepwalking through their offensive sets.

That said, he is taking too many bad shots, but his passing is amazing and he has great hands on D. He could be averaging four or five more assists a game if they would hit basic shots and move without the damn ball.

Less time for Drums and more for Jorts so he can have the energy to protect the paint. This is getting ridiculous!
PistonPete
PistonPete

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty Poorly Conditioned Team You Say

Post  Fennis Dembo Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:40 pm

Charlie V did not play because of a sore back. My question is not the obvious, how the hell do you injure your back when you have played in one game in three weeks? But, shouldn't Gores kick in for a nice recliner chair to prevent injury for a certain someone who has spent many hours sitting on a hard folding chair? Some of you might argue the point that Charlie makes almost $100,000 a game sitting for two hours watching a game, let him buy his own freakin' recliner. To that I retort, let he who is without back pain or their own La-Z-Boy cast the first stone.

Fennis Dembo

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty Hawks 93, Pistons 85

Post  WTF Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:19 pm

Sebastian wrote:WE are a poorly conditioned team. OUR guys were sleep walking at the former Highlight Factory. Stuckey seem to be the only member of the roster, who knew that they had come to Atlanta to play an NBA basketball game.

Atlanta ran a slow, simple ass pick roll all game long to perfection. There was no rim protection exhibited by OUR Pistons; shot selection and professional-level effort be damn!

And another thing, Brandon Jennings dribbles too damn much.

Joe has got to get to work an equitable exchange for Moose. Moose looked like ****, tonight. He had no energy.
This is like 5 consecutive games Monroe has taken off and been out played, I watched this **** all last season and here we go again. Forget that he couldn't defend Milsap not one iota but how in the hell he don't dominate him offensively is beyond me.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty Hawks 93, Pistons 85

Post  Sebastian Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:08 pm

WE are a poorly conditioned team. OUR guys were sleep walking at the former Highlight Factory. Stuckey seem to be the only member of the roster, who knew that they had come to Atlanta to play an NBA basketball game. Stuckey had some bogus calls to go against him.

Atlanta ran a slow, simple ass pick roll all game long to perfection. There was no rim protection exhibited by OUR Pistons; shot selection and professional-level effort be damn!

And another thing, Brandon Jennings dribbles too damn much.

Joe has got to get to work an equitable exchange for Moose. Moose looked like ****, tonight. He had no energy.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty Press Clippings

Post  WTF Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:01 pm

This team need to really stop believing them and come to the realization their asses are 4-7.  If they're going to buy into it at least try to live up to them.  Self Proclaim Glue Guy Drummond must stand for stuck to the floor when defending the rim. Milsap didn't come back in the game I guess he had go home to put his Moose Head on the wall.

Stuckey had a mental breakdown in the 4th not sure if he was tired or what I think all 5 of his TO's were in the 4th and the fouls were almost borderline insane.  Bad loss!

I think Cheeks should have road little longer with Harrellson and Datome in this game because they were defending a lot better than Drummond and Monroe
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty I know, but who is gonna trust Moose

Post  Oracle Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:42 pm

PistonPete wrote:Second game of a back to back and they have their bags packed.  Cheeks needs to B*tch slap half of the team.  Put Siva, Datome, Stuckey Drummond and KCP on the floor, embarrass those who won't play hard.  On the pick & roll Theyre all a step slow.  Jennings looks like he is still sick.  Josh trying to do too much and doing too little.  Singler playing well.  
You just have to, because the current results suck!

Another thing is the way we keep throwing up 3 point prayers whenever we're trying to come back! It might make sense is they were making some previously, but this is very poor shot selection with 20 seconds left on the clock!

Comebacks are created on the defensive end, but keep that under your hat lol
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty SMH

Post  WTF Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:39 pm

facepalm WTF!
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty I know, but who is gonna trust Moose

Post  PistonPete Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:32 pm

Second game of a back to back and they have their bags packed. Cheeks needs to B*tch slap half of the team. Put Siva, Datome, Stuckey Drummond and KCP on the floor, embarrass those who won't play hard. On the pick & roll Theyre all a step slow. Jennings looks like he is still sick. Josh trying to do too much and doing too little. Singler playing well.
PistonPete
PistonPete

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty Pistons inability to guard the pick 'n roll...

Post  Oracle Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:25 pm

Is killing us!!!

A lot of that stems from not trusting you teammates!

Cheeks really needs to focus on our defense, or we're going nowhere!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty Sad

Post  Oracle Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:15 pm

PistonPete wrote:Monroe lets Carroll walk by him into the and dunk and no timeout.  There should be reamings for that defensive breakdown.  Moose and Drums stand under the hoop and watch.  Where is the heart!
Maybe we need to force these dudes to watch film of Sheed & Big Ben defend the paint!

Sh!t, when they patrolled the paint, there was almost no daylight!

Good to see Jorts in the game, and he can hit those 3's!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty FORUM

Post  PistonPete Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:54 pm

Monroe lets Carroll walk by him into the and dunk and no timeout. There should be reamings for that defensive breakdown. Moose and Drums stand under the hoop and watch. Where is the heart!
PistonPete
PistonPete

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40