Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+12
deusXango
Sebastian
Go Stones!
Murph
Oracle
Phil-Good
merc
PistonPete
lemonpen
cool breeze
Fennis Dembo
Sissy1946
16 posters

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 10 Empty What The Fluck?

Post  FlyDog Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:19 pm

This team has won 6 of 7 on the road, yet can't win at Home? 41 4th Q points to the GD Bobcats? REALLY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 10 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  Sparma Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:07 pm

Moosefan: "I agree Sparma that Joe had no well thought out plan other than to gather talent. But ...."

I'm sure Joe had all kinds of plans (just as I, once again, plan to eat better and exercise more next year). But I don't think those plans (e.g. BK will be a good PG for us for a long time) have been well-executed. What's he's been able to do pretty consistently (but not perfectly, as you point out) is follow the rule of accumulating talent where possible. When you speak of "no well thought out" plan, maybe you have something similar in mind -- you can have plans left and right, but a well thought out plan is one that's proactive, creative, and has a good chance of succeeding (unlike the BK plan; I think you and I agree on that one).

Oracle: I'm glad to hear that you agree with my assessment. For me, what follows is that there's plenty of room for well thought out and well-executed plans at this point. Now, that means diligently pursuing good trades that give better shape to a roster that's been formed primarily by the following the rule of maximizing talent. As mentioned earlier, I do hear the case for patience (and think it's quite likely that's the one that will be followed by Dumars the rest of the season).
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 10 Empty I Still See That........

Post  WTF Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:01 am

Brandon Knight is still getting punk by Kyrie  door  What a wasted drafted pick  facepalm 
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 10 Empty Stop Blaming Poppa Smurf and Grandpa

Post  WTF Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:48 am

I know you all are in search for understanding but neither Chauncey nor Will gave up 41 points in the 4th. Granted they both were getting their asses whipped they just simply didn't. Not logical to place this loss on two players who played a total of 26 minutes combined.

Nope this was a coaching loss, IMO Cheeks would have been better served playing Harrellson in place of Moose. Cheeks also need to just let Andre foul out of games and stop trying to manage his fouls and PT. But if you all are insistent on blaming players then put it collectively on the front-court who was completely dominated in the 4th and allowed Walker to cake walk to the rim. This is just an all too familiar thing with this team.

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  Murph Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:45 am

Thankfully, I missed the game last night, it looks like a disaster.

I do have a couple of observations, anyway. Joe should have drafted Kemba Walker instead of Brandon Knight.

And either Drummond is going to have to improve his free throw shooting, so he doesn't have to sit late in the game. Or else, Cheeks is going to have to play Drummond anyway, and just hope for the best when opposing teams employ hack-a-Dre, late in the game.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 10 Empty I put this lose on Billips as the Starting PG in the 4th Quarter.

Post  Phil-Good Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:43 am

The Starting PG in the 4th Quarter was Billups and he played like S..H..I..T.. and that's where the game was lost. CASE CLOSED!!

Also, Greg Monroe. Go out and buy you some Al Jefferson film. Watch it, study it, Live it, breath it. Get into that weight room and add some muscle. Al Jefferson and Tim Duncan should be Greg Monroe's ROLE MODELS of what type of player he could only pray to become like in this League 1 day.

Al looked like A man amongst boys in that 4th qtr tonight. Mad props to Al Jefferson. Al was too smart for Drummonds. Al was too strong for Monroe and Al was too big for Josh Smith.  clap RESPECT! clap 
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 10 Empty What the hell happened out there tonight?

Post  Fennis Dembo Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:35 am

I posed the question to the Piston's staff, "What the hell happened out there tonight?" looking for insight into tonight's monumental meltdown.

Rasheed Wallace: They played like they had sugar plums dancing in their heads. After all It's the most wonderful time of the year. Ding Dong.

Mo Cheeks: If I had a rubber hose there would be hell to play. Civil liberties and the union be damned.

Henry Bibby: What you see is what you get. You don't like it, but you get it anyway. No exchanges, no refunds, all sales are final.

Maz Trakh: There is no crying in basketball, but bitching is allowed and is definitely encouraged.

John Loyer: It is what it is, but not even remotely close to what it should be.

Bernard Smith: If you seek a pleasant peninsula, this ain't it. Defect to North Korea, chump.

Joe Dumars: I see nothing. I know nothing. I see no evil. I hear no evil. I say no evil. I am Mr. Positivity.

Tom Gores: What the hell happened to me? You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me?

Mo Cheeks: Truthfully I felt like the captain on both the Titanic and the Hindenburg.

Charlie V: In the immortal words of Alfred E. Neuman, "What me worry?"

Fennis Dembo

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 10 Empty DX

Post  Oracle Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:28 am

deusXango wrote:...WTF WAS BILLUPS AND BYNUM DOING ON THE FLOOR FOR THE FIRST HALF OF THE 4th ? The talking heads are pretending that the Bobcats just woke up in the 4th and kicked our ass, but I choose to differ; little ass Bynum kept driving into the paint (twice in a row) attempting to layup the ball over Biyambo! The results?  facepalm  When he wasn't f*cking up, Chauncey is coming down, directing players to go here or there, only to get repeatedly stripped of the ball; I counted five turnovers (the Cats scored on all of them) by a backcourt that Cheeks should have called a time out and replaced with the starters. By the time he did remove them from the game, that 14 point lead was reduced to 6, and the Bobcats rallied around Walker and Henderson, led by Big Al Jefferson. Both teams had equal opportunities, but we didn't move the scoreboard (4 points) in the first half of the 4th quarter!! It's too much rust on Billups and Bynum, after their long layoff, for them to be in the game together, no matter how much of a lead we have. I know that this will be called a team loss, but DAMN!!!

Anyone who think I'm exaggerating, tune in to the encore at 12:00 A.M. and tell me this was a team loss...tell me that the Bobcats are that much better than we are (come from 14 down to start the 4th and win by 10!!), and I'll never say.........bullsh!t. I'm going to hold out hope that this team stop playing favorites, only to loose, and play the players that are producing.  

DX, Wise gave the easy answer, but while Chauncey is bad, Bynum is ridiculous!

That's why I said that the Bobcats were a better coached team, Cheeks had some brin farts tonight, which happens, but over playing Chauncey & Bynum shouldn't be one of them!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 10 Empty Stuff

Post  Oracle Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:24 am

@Sparma - I actually agree with your assessement!

@Wise - I'll never understand passing on MCW or Burke, but MCW the most because of his huge size advantage!

@Wise - Man we really could have used Stuckey to put more pressure on their defense. I don't mind scoring droughts, but when you couple that with defensive drought, it's toxic!

@Don - Monroe is progressively getting a lot worse before our eyes! He really hurt us tonight, and teams are beginning to realize that he's the one to attack!

The Game: Disgusting!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:23 am

cool breeze wrote:
MOOSEFAN wrote:
deusXango wrote:...WTF WAS BILLUPS AND BYNUM DOING ON THE FLOOR FOR THE FIRST HALF OF THE 4th ? The talking heads are pretending that the Bobcats just woke up in the 4th and kicked our ass, but I choose to differ; little ass Bynum kept driving into the paint (twice in a row) attempting to layup the ball over Biyambo! The results?  facepalm  When he wasn't f*cking up, Chauncey is coming down, directing players to go here or there, only to get repeatedly stripped of the ball; I counted five turnovers (the Cats scored on all of them) by a backcourt that Cheeks should have called a time out and replaced with the starters. By the time he did remove them from the game, that 14 point lead was reduced to 6, and the Bobcats rallied around Walker and Henderson, led by Big Al Jefferson. Both teams had equal opportunities, but we didn't move the scoreboard (4 points) in the first half of the 4th quarter!! It's too much rust on Billups and Bynum, after their long layoff, for them to be in the game together, no matter how much of a lead we have. I know that this will be called a team loss, but DAMN!!!

Anyone who think I'm exaggerating, tune in to the encore at 12:00 A.M. and tell me this was a team loss...tell me that the Bobcats are that much better than we are (come from 14 down to start the 4th and win by 10!!), and I'll never say.........bullsh!t. I'm going to hold out hope that this team stop playing favorites, only to loose, and play the players that are producing.  

No Stuckey

Moosefan you are not exaggerating. I have been saying for the last two seasons that Bynum is a circus act to be used by a really bad team to amuse fans who want to see a small guy go up against tall guys. It has nothing to do with trying to compete to win games. Joe Dumars should have known better. Did he believe our Pistons would suck again this season and Bynum might cause some fans to buy a ticket? Again, Bynum was bench because he couldn't grasp how to play defense in college and his inability to play point guard. That was identified way back by Lute Olsen at Arizona. Will Cheeks gamble again with Bynum because they are both from Chicago? The problem is that Cheeks has little trust in any of his 2 guards. I like the option of Singler who seemed to defend Walker better than any other Piston player. I excuse Billups because he was only playing because the team is short handed and the way Jennings plays, he needs some rest. I am sure that Billups will not sleep well tonight knowing that he has lost something due to the aging process. I blame Joe Dumars for this loss for signing Will Bynum again. What gives with Dumars. He signs Harrellison which was fantastic but then does a really dumb thing bringing back Will Bynum who could not get a contract anywhere near what Joe agreed to pay him. Detroit could have won a game at home and reached 500 but the other team scored 116 points. All that Piston size meant nothing at all. They were softies and my bet is that several WNBA guards could have penetrated in the lane tonight very easily.

Sorry Moosefan it was dX who made that brilliant post. I was so pissed I couldn't see straight and will use that as my excuse. Good job dX...And for sure Stuckey would have improved our chances of victory but we need someone better than Stuckey to make this team click and easily win these type of games.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:16 am

MOOSEFAN wrote:

No Stuckey

Moosefan you are not exaggerating. I have been saying for the last two seasons that Bynum is a circus act to be used by a really bad team to amuse fans who want to see a small guy go up against tall guys. It has nothing to do with trying to compete to win games. Joe Dumars should have known better. Did he believe our Pistons would suck again this season and Bynum might cause some fans to buy a ticket? Again, Bynum was bench because he couldn't grasp how to play defense in college and his inability to play point guard. That was identified way back by Lute Olsen at Arizona. Will Cheeks gamble again with Bynum because they are both from Chicago? The problem is that Cheeks has little trust in any of his 2 guards. I like the option of Singler who seemed to defend Walker better than any other Piston player. I excuse Billups because he was only playing because the team is short handed and the way Jennings plays, he needs some rest. I am sure that Billups will not sleep well tonight knowing that he has lost something due to the aging process. I blame Joe Dumars for this loss for signing Will Bynum again. What gives with Dumars. He signs Harrellison which was fantastic but then does a really dumb thing bringing back Will Bynum who could not get a contract anywhere near what Joe agreed to pay him. Detroit could have won a game at home and reached 500 but the other team scored 116 points. All that Piston size meant nothing at all. They were softies and my bet is that several WNBA guards could have penetrated in the lane tonight very easily.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 10 Empty This game exposed Greg Monroe's game and you can bet that if Detroit makes the playoffs, their opponent in the first round will target Monroe as the weak link

Post  cool breeze Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:59 am

First off there is no way coach Cheeks can ignore the fact that a second rate team scored 116 points against the Detroit Pistons. Sure the Bobcats have greatly improved with Walker becoming a really good player. But there can be no excuse for the lazy play in the paint allowing several players to drive into the lane for easy shots. Drummond is guilty of not being ready to block more shots. It is lazy foot work by Drummond and Monroe when teams do that. And of course Billups and Bynum sure contributed in a big way to this loss.

I say trade Monroe soon while his value is high. It seems that I change my mind almost everyday about him but there is no doubt that his foot speed will be a liability if Detroit does become a playoff team when the speed of the game is much faster and the effort you need is several levels up from regular season effort or energy. Monroe's performance in the first half was pitiful. It is clear to me that he cannot guard many power forwards in the league. He offered next to nothing on while playing power forward. He was the guy who was screwing up in the first quarter so much that I was amazed that Cheeks didn't pull him. Sure this is his first season playing that position but he just doesn't have the skill set for a modern day power forward. Drummond is clearly the center not Monroe. Notice that Jefferson struggled against Drummond but Monroe had no chance against him. To me just watching as a spectator, nothing comes easy on either end for Greg while many things come easy for both Drummond and Smith at times. The biggest difference is Greg's lack of quickness and lack of awareness and just being a lazy player. He has the huge weakness of being a big guy who plays straight up. Notice Drummond is getting down in the painful bent position you need to have to play the game the right way. Not Greg. He stands straight up on both offense and defense. We used to call them stick men when I was coaching. And we exploited the stick men in everyway possible. You are a weak player if you do not have enough energy to bend your damn legs. Wonder why Greg gets his shot blocked so much? He cannot jump more than 3 inches and is a slow jumper. Why because he has had a lifetime habit of standing straight up.

If Dumars doesn't trade Monroe soon then I think Detroit would be better off exchanging minutes between Harrellison and Monroe. Harrellison offers much more as a power forward or center than Monroe in my humble opinion. I would like Harrellison to lose about 10 pounds and that could make him into a first rate NBA player. But his skill set is much better suited for this team than Monroe's. And there is no comparison on defense. If a trade does go down, then Dumars needs to obtain a first rate combo guard and a rotation power forward or high first round draft choice for 2014 unless he can make a trade involving Affalo for either Stuckey or Charlie V. Many will say Detroit would have won that game tonight if Stuckey had been healthy. Maybe so but Affalo is a much better fit because he can shoot the shots the Pistons need to take and his defense is outstanding. There is not way that the Bobcats would have scored 116 points if Affalo had been playing for Detroit.

This was a foolish loss for the team. The fans who attend the games have only watched the team lose and this loss stings for them as badly as it does for the players.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 10 Empty Will someone please explain to me...

Post  WTF Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:54 pm

No Stuckey
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 10 Empty Strategy or Plan Neither Really Well Excuted

Post  WTF Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:47 pm

I agree Sparma that Joe had no well thought out plan other than to gather talent. But that was even flawed he passed on the PG (Walker) that just kicked on our asses and opted for Knight, and I'll never understand the passing on Burke or MCW for KCP

But there is a need for a follow up that's seems more immediate than waiting to see if all these pieces morph into something it likely won't become anytime soon the pieces simply don't fit or provide proper balance to the roster.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 10 Empty Will someone please explain to me...

Post  deusXango Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:40 pm

...WTF WAS BILLUPS AND BYNUM DOING ON THE FLOOR FOR THE FIRST HALF OF THE 4th ? The talking heads are pretending that the Bobcats just woke up in the 4th and kicked our ass, but I choose to differ; little ass Bynum kept driving into the paint (twice in a row) attempting to layup the ball over Biyambo! The results?  facepalm  When he wasn't f*cking up, Chauncey is coming down, directing players to go here or there, only to get repeatedly stripped of the ball; I counted five turnovers (the Cats scored on all of them) by a backcourt that Cheeks should have called a time out and replaced with the starters. By the time he did remove them from the game, that 14 point lead was reduced to 6, and the Bobcats rallied around Walker and Henderson, led by Big Al Jefferson. Both teams had equal opportunities, but we didn't move the scoreboard (4 points) in the first half of the 4th quarter!! It's too much rust on Billups and Bynum, after their long layoff, for them to be in the game together, no matter how much of a lead we have. I know that this will be called a team loss, but DAMN!!!

deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 10 Empty TSK TSK TSK

Post  WTF Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:23 pm

ENIGMA!
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 10 Empty Well-executed

Post  Sparma Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:22 pm

Oracle: "Yes it's opportunistic, but that doesn't mean it isn't well planned and executed!

Joe had a plan, and more importantly he executed on that plan!"

I'll quite willing to say there's been a consistent and well-executed strategy; to my mind, that's slightly different from there being a well-executed plan.

The strategy has been clear: maximize talent, quickly.

A well-executed plan? Of course, I have an ongoing lament that they should have amnestied Gordon, rather than giving up a 1st rounder to get rid of him. So the trade seems like a horrible plan to me, when there's a readily available alternative to giving up a 1st rounder in an extremely talent rich draft.

Drafting Monroe: fits the strategy. But how much planning can go into GS making a bad pick, leaving a choice at 7 that even a mediocre GM would make.

Same kind of story for Drummond.

My story of the optimizing talent falters when it comes to the drafting of KCP, if we can agree (and I think we did at the time of the draft) that MCW was the more talented of the two. That looks more like planning, trying to balance the roster, but was a good plan? (Actually, I still don't have a clear sense of why Dumars drafted KCP rather than the PG that the hypothetical mediocre GM would have gone for. I have a hunch that he had doubts about Burke, but was reluctant to go for MCW over him, opting for the structurally sound alternative/ plan instead.)

At that point, during the past offseason, we find an executive under lot of pressure from his owner, needing to spend a ton of money (partly because of the Gordon trade which I regard as ill-conceived). Dumars signs the best, most talented, free agent he can: Smith. That's clearly consistent with the strategy of gathering talent [which appears to be what Dumars is saying]. A reasonable bet on accumulating talent, given the conditions created by the Gordon trade. But is a well-executed plan? That very much remains to be seen. Had Smith gone elsewhere (and that seemed quite possible or probable at the time), the plan looked like it was about to go up in smoke (I'm guessing the offer to play Smith at SF a lot had something to do with his signing, but that in turn has to do with the fortuitous drafting of Monroe and Drummond).

Did we plan on there being little market for Jennings, so that both he and Milwaukee were backed into a corner? Seems unlikely. But again, we did apply the strategy of gathering talent where possible.

There are exceptions to my story, such as the resigning of Billups and maybe the signing of Cheeks over a more highly regarded coach. But the arrival in recent years of the key players on the roster (AD, Monroe, Smith, Jennings) seems to be better explained in terms of a consistent strategy than of a well-designed plan (granted that there's some overlap between the two explanations.)

Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 10 Empty And Your Point

Post  WTF Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:15 pm

lemonpen wrote:
MOOSEFAN wrote:
FlyDog wrote:I'm all for trading CV and JJ for Afflalo..........but how far into the conversation do you think Joe would get before Orlando's GM bursts into laughter.  Why would Orlando do that?!?!?!

No laughter they'll gladly take CV expiring contract and JJ just to rid themselves of big baby and been shopping Affalo since the beginning of the season. Cap wise it's a win for them to clear AA 3 years remaining and Big Baby 2years that's like 11 million they'll free up.  

FYI #1,  
Orlando will be at $35M next year without making a move.
FYI #2,  
Arron Afflalo is one of the best value players in the L.    21ppg / 4A / 5R / 46% fg / 41% 3p / 87% ft.  His All Star numbers come at only $7.5 mil. (we have Stuckey @ $8.5)  AA is their team MVP.  Lastly, his final year is a team option.  I believe he would be classified a "sho nuf keeper".

Forgot to mention he hasn't missed a game.

Are you implying that 35 Million is enough so they don't require any additional cap space. and secondly they've been shopping AA since before the start of the season.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 10 Empty Bobcats 116, Pistons 106

Post  Sebastian Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:09 pm

Another home loss, damn! This sh!t has got to end! WE gave up 41 points in the 4th. You can't win an NBA game, while giving up 41 fuckin' points in the 4th!

And, to think that the Bobcats are better than WE are.

Last edited by Sebastian on Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 10 Empty The Best Team is Winning!!!

Post  Oracle Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:48 pm

Bobcats backcourt is really dynamic, and their frontcourt, despite starting slow, began to dominate our guys in the 4th!

The Pistons were thoroughly beaten by a better team, and a better coaches team at that!

Congrats to the Bobcats, they have fully bought into their coached defensive philosophy!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 10 Empty Josh Smith has a jump ball with a TURD :)

Post  Oracle Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:20 pm

No, not quite a turd, but Ben Gordon, who's about as tall as a Josh Smith turd  lol
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 10 Empty Jorts

Post  Oracle Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:18 pm

Quietly Josh Harrelson is playing some really big minutes on both sides of the ball!

He's not Greg Monroe, but right now he's playing better than Greg, who's looked like sh!t so far, along with Bynum!

I hope it's because Bynum is hurt, but I cringe whenever he has the ball... dumb sh!t ensues  lol
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 10 Empty Re: Dumars's spot on, but what follows?

Post  Oracle Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:09 pm

Sparma wrote:Ian Thomsen at SI:

""It was not some grand plan," said Pistons president Joe Dumars.

As Dumars described it, the Pistons were faced with three opportunities they couldn't refuse. Monroe was available at No. 7 in the 2010 draft, Drummond was still on the board at No. 9 in 2012 and Smith was the best free agent they could sign last summer. "You take the best talent you can get," Dumars said, "and then you build your team around the talent, and that is basically what we've done.""

That's a terrific description by Dumars of the opportunistic approach Detroit's taken to garner talent.  Based on those remarks, I can see the case (a) for patience (they're real young, supertalented in important respects, some of the kinks will get ironed out, they'll naturally improve), but also for (b) the urgency to explore trades (the roster's a kind of happenstance based on the strategy of maximizing talent, the pieces clearly don't fit well, the strategy Dumars describes requires a decisive, smart, follow up to work optimally, Detroit's got very attractive pieces to deal, so many other teams are tanking that now's the time to take advantage).

On the whole, I'd opt for #2.  I'm guessing Joe's on the side of the first response.  I'm impressed by his candor.

Yes it's opportunistic, but that doesn't mean it isn't well planned and executed!

Joe had a plan, and more importantly he executed on that plan! Once he got the talent, he passed on a lot of coaches to pluck Cheeks out of the obscurity of the Thunder bench!

He could have got Hollins, but only offered him an assistant gig with Cheeks, which he turned down!

Your item "a" almost precludes your item "b" except under 2 conditions, IMO.

To know what you have requires that you allow it to evolve, because until then, you really don't know what you're doing with any high degree of confidence.

1. If you are going to tinker, you have to define the core group of players based on what you project your needs are and how you project their development and growth patterns.
2. Then you always fall back on "A trade you can't refuse".

This team is a Sleeping Giant, nobody knows what our ceiling is right now, we just know that it's high!

So while I'm not against making moves, those moves should be small and targeted, and IMO, none of them should include Monroe at this point!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 10 Empty Dumars's spot on, but what follows?

Post  Sparma Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:20 pm

Ian Thomsen at SI:

""It was not some grand plan," said Pistons president Joe Dumars.

As Dumars described it, the Pistons were faced with three opportunities they couldn't refuse. Monroe was available at No. 7 in the 2010 draft, Drummond was still on the board at No. 9 in 2012 and Smith was the best free agent they could sign last summer. "You take the best talent you can get," Dumars said, "and then you build your team around the talent, and that is basically what we've done.""

That's a terrific description by Dumars of the opportunistic approach Detroit's taken to garner talent. Based on those remarks, I can see the case (a) for patience (they're real young, supertalented in important respects, some of the kinks will get ironed out, they'll naturally improve), but also for (b) the urgency to explore trades (the roster's a kind of happenstance based on the strategy of maximizing talent, the pieces clearly don't fit well, the strategy Dumars describes requires a decisive, smart, follow up to work optimally, Detroit's got very attractive pieces to deal, so many other teams are tanking that now's the time to take advantage).

On the whole, I'd opt for #2. I'm guessing Joe's on the side of the first response. I'm impressed by his candor.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 10 Empty Win this next game!

Post  cool breeze Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:57 pm

Which team will show up? I suspect these players might have turned the corner after winning in Indiana. That might prove to be a key game this season. Indiana is very difficult to beat because they have tough defensive minded players. Yet our Piston players were stronger and more determined that night. That is why they came back and stole that game in Boston. At some time Detroit's free throw percentage has to improve and their outside shooting will get better. If Smith can stay in the paint on offense and Monroe and Drummond get a little better on defense, every team in the league will dread playing the Detroit Pistons. I still think this team will be more solid next season, but perhaps these players will surprise us this year. Get to 500 and keep going keeping those wins coming and moving up in the standings Piston players. Jennings could become a great point guard and Smith could be the player no team can stop. Drummond might be the defensive stopper where players will fear him if they go into the paint. Anything can happen and I hope is will be all good with no player suffering a severe injury. Go Pistons!!

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next