Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+10
merc
Sissy1946
FlyDog
Phil-Good
WTF
Sebastian
cool breeze
lemonpen
Go Stones!
deusXango
14 posters

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Bynum

Post  Oracle Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:49 pm

lemonpen wrote:From HoopsHype

Will Bynum: An Eventful Summer
As I've always suspected, not only is Bynum a solid reserve, he's a GREAT guy as well!

I knew this because guys that work that hard and are so grateful for just being in the NBA are going to give you all they have on the court, and express their gratitude off the court!

And by the way, no player, and I mean no other player wanted to be a Piston more than Bynum! He really wants to be here more than anywhere else!

I'm proud and happy to have Will Bynum be a Piston!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty WillieB Update

Post  lemonpen Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:16 am

lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Moose and Dre and Sheed ...

Post  Oracle Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:03 pm

Oh Sh!t, you throw Sheed in the back seat, and all of a sudden, it's a

Par-tay... Par-tay!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Moose and Dre and Sheed ...

Post  Sebastian Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:52 pm

"Rollin' down the street, smokin' indo, sippin' on gin and juice ...lol! "

FORUM - Page 11 Moosed10
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Fresh Pickings...

Post  WTF Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:19 am

Those are almost the same crappy offensive stats that J-Kidd at a time in his career. I'm not saying Rondo is worth a Max Contract but neither was J-Kidd. The key element is that he just like J-Kidd make players around him better and Rondo is clutch when the game is on the line (see those Triple Doubles). Minus the FT shooting and suspect 3pt shooting he does everything a PG suppose to do.

If we could get Rondo with a contract similar to that of Josh Smith it would be a steal but I was willing to see Josh getting a Max Deal I'm not sure that's something I would like to see us do with Rondo.

I would love to have Rondo on this team tb 

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Fresh Pickings...

Post  Oracle Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:06 am

News on the Rondo Front! (Note: I don't want him!)

"4. Rondo is not worth a max contract
The alternative to trading Rondo is signing him to a maximum salary contract over at least four seasons. As good as Rondo is, he is not worth that kind of financial commitment in a league where a few bad contracts can hinder a team's ability to make changes for several years.

Yes, Rondo makes everyone else on the floor better, he is capable of outstanding defense, and he creates offensive opportunities on fastbreaks better than anyone. But if he is given a maximum contract, he would likely be the worst scorer of any max-contract guard in recent memory. It cannot be understated: Giving a guard a maximum salary who has career averages of 11.1 points per game, a 3-point average of 24.1 percent and a career free-throw success rate of 62.1 percent would be unheard of and should be avoided at all costs."  - Boston Celtics: Four Reasons Rajon Rondo Should Be Traded

Hey, you're the Hawks and you just got a young hot shot coach from POP's stable of greatness to lead your team... then BAM - Atlanta Hawks head coach Mike Budenholzer arrested, pleads not guilty to DUI charges - Holy sh!t, nobody saw that coming!!!!

Looks like the Bucks aren't planning on tanking, they land Caron Butler!

"Butler remains a reliable midrange shooter and, while he's been inconsistent from deep throughout his NBA career, he's become much better from the short corners over the years and he's fresh off shooting 38.8 percent from 3-point range on a career-high number of attempts per game in L.A. last year. Plugging him into a lineup that features the new-look backcourt of Knight and O.J. Mayo and a frontcourt headlined by recently re-upped center Larry Sanders and stalwart stretch-four Ersan Ilyasova won't turn the Bucks into world-beaters, but Butler's scoring instincts, toughness on the wing and actual experience playing NBA basketball should help improve them at least a bit, possibly putting Milwaukee in the conversation for their annual run at the East's No. 8 seed." - Phoenix Suns agree to trade Caron Butler to Milwaukee Bucks for G Ish Smith, C Slava Kravtsov
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Let's get it on!!!

Post  Oracle Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:29 am

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty LOL, Merc! But there's another way...

Post  Oracle Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:42 pm

merc wrote:FORUM - Page 11 Mylycyrus
"And this computer thinks it can win... by killing the mother of its enemy. Killing him, in effect, before he's even conceived... a sort of retroactive abortion?" - The Terminator
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  merc Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:32 am

FORUM - Page 11 Mylycyrus
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Up On My High Horse

Post  FlyDog Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:29 am

That **** is just gross, imo. Glad my girls think the same way. This world is going to hell in a hand-basket.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Lord love a Ho!

Post  WTF Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:34 am

Oracle wrote:Well, here's the full video.

She starts playing with Robin Thicke's package about the 3 minute mark and that's where she really cuts loose! And look at that tongue... yikes!!! She's rocking the BJ potential meter!

@Merc - Yeah, as a dad, I don't like it, but as a dude... oh yeah, bring on the Ho's!!!

I thought it was a well thought out dance routine tb 
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Lord love a Ho!

Post  Oracle Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:29 am

Well, here's the full video.

She starts playing with Robin Thicke's package about the 3 minute mark and that's where she really cuts loose! And look at that tongue... yikes!!! She's rocking the BJ potential meter!

@Merc - Yeah, as a dad, I don't like it, but as a dude... oh yeah, bring on the Ho's!!!

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:50 am

cool breeze wrote:
Oracle wrote:FORUM - Page 11 Miley2
Bring us more of this stuff Oracle as we countdown the days before the new basketball season.
Perfect example of why small towns are a better environment for our youth... made the decision to get outta the D when my 6 year old son came home from school and said "that **** be bad"... now he makes over $1000 a day... I'm sure Billy Ray Cyrus regrets his daughter getting into the Pop culture.... she was a cute lil country girl... suspect drugs.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Bucks Tweeking

Post  merc Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:43 am

Slava & Ish Smith are going to Phoenix for Caron Butler... who was the big Ish Smith supporter here.. DX?
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

Post  Phil-Good Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:29 am

[quote="cool breeze"]

Now this is just awesome!!!! tb tb 

Go Miley!!
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:17 pm

Bring us more of this stuff Oracle as we countdown the days before the new basketball season.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Dislike Perhaps

Post  WTF Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:17 pm

Murph wrote:
WISEFAN wrote:
Murph wrote:Here's my solution for a crowded front court (with minutes):

SF:    Smith (20), Singler (16), Datome (12)
PF:    Monroe (16), Smith (16),  Mitchell (16)
C:      Drummond (32),  Monroe (16)

I know you hate his guts but Charlie and his 8.75 million salary say's he plays those 16 minutes you have slotted for Mitchell.  Unless Charlie I traded it almost written in stone but the good news much to the dismay of many is that Mitchell will get the 16 minutes you slated Singler to be getting.  

My gut tells me that Singler, JJ and either Bynum or Siva will be traded before the season starts  
Now Wise...I don't hate Charlie V's guts.  He seems like a nice enough guy with a good sense of humor.  I just don't enjoy watching him play basketball, and would prefer that he play some where else.  I just don't value Charlie V's skill set, for a big man.  I prefer to watch big men who hustle, battle for boards, and play tenacious interior D...guys like Ben Wallace, Dennis Rodman, Andre Drummond, Otis Thorpe, Bill Laimbeer and Ricky Mahorn.  

And for some reason, I see Mitchell as possibly developing into that kind of big man.

I agree that JJ no longer has much of a future left here in Detroit.  I hope JJ and Bynum get traded for something of value.

But I think Singler will be around for a while.  If he can improve his outside shooting, that, along with his hustle, IQ and willingness to set up his teammates, will make him a very valuable role player off the bench.

And I hope Joe doesn't pull his usual crap on Siva that he pulls with almost all of his late 2nd round draft picks, by relegating him to street cloths or the D-league, before eventually cutting him.  I think Siva was a steal in this draft and has a lot to offer.  Hopefully, he can wait out Bynum's and Billups' contracts, and get some playing time in a year or two.  I think it would be a huge mistake for Joe to dump Siva.
Okay he looks stupid with the headband and socks and run like a Muppet lol 
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Miley: Speaking of dropping something

Post  Oracle Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:17 pm

FORUM - Page 11 Miley2
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Murph: Langolis likes Mitchel too...

Post  Oracle Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:16 pm

FORUM - Page 11 Klanglois_100_normal Keith Langlois @Keith_Langlois

Don't often see a package of crazy athleticism with shooting touch. @TonyMitchUNENO has a chance. Dropping 18 footers effortlessly today.
8:11 AM - 28 Aug 2013
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Hate Is Such An Ugly Word

Post  Murph Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:43 pm

WISEFAN wrote:

I know you hate his guts but Charlie and his 8.75 million salary say's he plays those 16 minutes you have slotted for Mitchell.  Unless Charlie I traded it almost written in stone but the good news much to the dismay of many is that Mitchell will get the 16 minutes you slated Singler to be getting.  

My gut tells me that Singler, JJ and either Bynum or Siva will be traded before the season starts  
Now Wise...I don't hate Charlie V's guts. He seems like a nice enough guy with a good sense of humor. I just don't enjoy watching him play basketball, and would prefer that he play some where else. I just don't value Charlie V's skill set, for a big man. I prefer to watch big men who hustle, battle for boards, and play tenacious interior D...guys like Ben Wallace, Dennis Rodman, Andre Drummond, Otis Thorpe, Bill Laimbeer and Ricky Mahorn.

And for some reason, I see Mitchell as possibly developing into that kind of big man.

I agree that JJ no longer has much of a future left here in Detroit. I hope JJ and Bynum get traded for something of value.

But I think Singler will be around for a while. If he can improve his outside shooting, that, along with his hustle, IQ and willingness to set up his teammates, will make him a very valuable role player off the bench.

And I hope Joe doesn't pull his usual crap on Siva that he pulls with almost all of his late 2nd round draft picks, by relegating him to street cloths or the D-league, before eventually cutting him. I think Siva was a steal in this draft and has a lot to offer. Hopefully, he can wait out Bynum's and Billups' contracts, and get some playing time in a year or two. I think it would be a huge mistake for Joe to dump Siva.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Number of Pistons wins in '13-'14?

Post  WTF Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:26 pm

Sebastian wrote:
Oracle wrote:However, I'll shorten it a bit for you!

The website "The Wages of Win" has projected the Pistons to win 53 games!

From guessers, I would normally ignore this, but from real statistical analyzers, you have to pay a bit more attention. Full article here - The NBA Offseason List part 4: The Last Dress Rehersal

FORUM - Page 11 Untitled2
Yo, Oracle, I swear, last week when I posted my prediction of Piston wins for the upcoming season, I wanted to predict 53 wins. Instead, I posted a win total of 49.

I think that I will bump my prediction of total of wins to 52 for the '13-'14 season.dance
I wouldn't be surprise if this turns into a 50 plus win season. I also predicted 49-55 wins for this season largely in part because I think adding Smith, Jennings, and CB alone make us 20 games better than last season. I think we'll see more productive seasons out of both Stuckey and Charlie and a bigger season out of Drummond. These guys will gel a lot quicker than the Nets which is why I said the Pistons could have the 4th best record in the East. I guess at the exact number of wins but believe its somewhere in between the 49-55 win total.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Crowded Front Court

Post  WTF Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:59 pm

I know you hate his guts but Charlie and his 8.75 million salary say's he plays those 16 minutes you have slotted for Mitchell. Unless Charlie I traded it almost written in stone but the good news much to the dismay of many is that Mitchell will get the 16 minutes you slated Singler to be getting.

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Drummond on track

Post  cool breeze Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:15 pm

Good news coming out of the Palace relating to the work ethic of Drummond. One year makes a big difference especially for big men who come into the league out of shape. How many big men have not reached their potential for the simple reason that they were just too damn lazy to put in the necessary work? Drummond felt the pain last year because he wasn't in good enough physical condition to keep up with the speed of the game. Many times his legs betrayed him after a few minutes on the floor. Now he is prepared. And he is getting great advise from Rasheed who be recognized as a outstanding big man coach if Monroe shows improvement on defense and Drummond can impose his physical gifts on the opposition without getting into foul trouble. All Drummond has to do on offense is beat his man down the court so as to be able to set up in a nice spot on the low post. Who can push him out? Then develop one simple move once you get the ball. My guess is that Pistons who play in the backcourt will have a much easier time getting open shots this season because our big men will be so much better. Can our guards hold their own on defense or will the opposition's ability to make shots from distance cause our Pistons to fail again?

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty It's Pretty Simple

Post  FlyDog Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:16 am

Go Stones! wrote:It is great to see you guys putting estimates together, but it is way too early for this!  We don't know who plays well with what teammates, or who is on the decline and who is on the incline.  There are so many factors...who is coming to camp in the best shape of their life and who is a big slacker?  Who will improve just because we have a REAL coach?  I like the energy, but...we haven't even seen a game yet guys!  Chill out!
We have some exceptional athlete's, and none of them can shoot the basketball. To me, this translates to 37 wins.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next