Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+8
Murph
Phil-Good
merc
Oracle
Go Stones!
deusXango
cool breeze
WTF
12 posters

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 25 Empty Wise

Post  Oracle Thu May 30, 2013 5:00 pm

"But as a fan of basketball don't you find that a bit disturbing? Those Elite Players I'd mention the Kobe's, Duncan's, Lebron's and Durants of the league know that it takes a little more than just being talented. Just watch a piece on ESPN that gave me just a little bit more respect for him and how he approaches the game from a mental stand point.

Even though some speak of Monroe being potentially more, the question is will he become one of those under achieving star players like Howard, Carmelo, Joe Johnson and Darren Williams. If so then we should consider trading him while the trading is good.

I'll always be hard on our players especially players like Knight and Monroe because my expectation aren't just limited to what sadly is becoming the norm in the NBA. To be exceptional is to not be which is the norm and Monroe should have aspiration of being like a Tim Duncan or Malone and Knight should want to become the next Zeke.

Kobe did everything Mike like because he not only wanted to be like Mike but better, and though Lebron often denies it so does he. When your aspirations are simply to make High-light reels or have respectable stats that's not aspiring to become Champions.

I don't think I'm making a comparison just showing that at the end of the day that it's these type of Exceptional Players that eventually go on to win Championships because their not settling on what's become the Norm Do you really want that for any of our players? We can't keep resting on the idea that potential will be reached when the effort and drive is there and we can't keep blaming coaches for the players lack of motivation. Do Monroe honestly believe that things will just magically happen for him?"
- Wise

Wise, that is by far one of your BEST posts ever!

I have to agree with that and I hope that Monroe, Knight & Drummond all try to achieve that level of performance, and I think for the most part they do!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 25 Empty Trade proposal

Post  Go Stones! Thu May 30, 2013 1:59 pm

I like us trading for Deng, however, if he is not available, I would be up for trading the following:

*Paul Pierce

for

*Stuckey and CV
*and either Singler or JJ

This would benefit both as Pierce's contract would expire after the year and we could sign a FA or resign him for cheaper. He is on his way down, however, he is worth it if it also takes those contracts off our ledger.

I remember how cool it was for our 4 Piston All-Stars (2004) to be on the floor with Pierce that year. It worked out well, however, these are different circumstances.

This would also allow us a better triangle offense option.
Go Stones!
Go Stones!

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 25 Empty DX

Post  WTF Thu May 30, 2013 11:19 am

I agree that Stuckey has digressed to a point of no return and I would probably be just as displeased with Stuckey as I am with Monroe if Stuckey wasn't in the last year of a partially guaranteed contract and likely to be traded this summer or my traded deadline.

I can't say that after year two of Stuckey being drafted was I ever impressed, but what made Stuckey failures somewhat more tolerable is that Stuckey if nothing else worked hard at keep in shape and mildly attempted to improve his ranged. But just like I keep saying you can't blame coaches when player so no initiative to improve, I guess we can't blame Joe for what he did to Stuckey. What Monroe does is out of pure laziness and no drive, Stuckey on the other hand is simply a result of Joe failed ideas about Stuckey and all the mind games played on him.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  deusXango Thu May 30, 2013 11:05 am

"Lets forget about working on his mid range, what about his FT's? If he improve his mid range game he'll likely become a better FT shooter.

Position just simply doesn't matter, Chauncey a PG and an excellent 3pt shooter work on his post game, Rip an excellent shooter of screens worked on improving his range to hit 3 pointers, players should simply improve or add something to their game period
."-Wise

Wise, I know just how you feel, after taking an open-minded look at myself, and it's a part of being a fan and the civil rights that go along with being a fan, my overwhelming dislike for Stuckey matches yours for Monroe. Everything you say about Monroe's lack of working on his game, I feel the same for Stuckey; he hasn't gotten better, and for a SG that can only shot FT's is unGodly, almost as ridiculous as a PG that can't see the floor and constantly displays an unwillingness to pass to teammates when they're open. Granted Monroe (a paint player) hasn't shown a decent mid-range game as yet but, Stuckey (a perimeter player) hasn't displayed a mid-range game either and he's been at it longer than Monroe! To his credit, Monroe is better finishing at the rim than Stuckey.

We're on the same page with these players who need to go before it's too late, so we can get some elite players in here to pay max money to. Stuckey, who was the face of the franchise, didn't get the max contract he wanted, so I don't see why Monroe should get one when he ain't the face of the franchise (Drummond has that distinction now). A dribbler and free throw shooter is on par with a rebounder and low post scorer, and we clearly don't need either one of them! Right Wise?
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 25 Empty RE: Wise

Post  WTF Thu May 30, 2013 9:25 am

Oracle wrote:"I'm sorry perhaps I'm too Old School but players entering the league during the 80's and 90's came in better prepared for the pros and still found it necessary from day one to improve on their games and to add things." - Wise

I think that's it! While I do agree with you on that score, times have changed, and we can't keep evaluating todays players on a standard that's long past(well partially, not totally)!

In this case, all I'm saying is that I think Greg needs more time to develop! I'm getting sick of these coaches(and GM's) that think PT is the developer!

I don't think we've had a coach that DEMANDS more out of Monroe or Knight for that matter! You get what you demand, like LB did in 2004! They never knew that they could produce at that high a level, and IMO, Carlisle saw what LB did and it made him a better coach!

But as a fan of basketball don't you find that a bit disturbing? Those Elite Players I'd mention the Kobe's, Duncan's, Lebron's and Durants of the league know that it takes a little more than just being talented. Just watch a piece on ESPN that gave me just a little bit more respect for him and how he approaches the game from a mental stand point.

Even though some speak of Monroe being potentially more, the question is will he become one of those under achieving star players like Howard, Carmelo, Joe Johnson and Darren Williams. If so then we should consider trading him while the trading is good.

I'll always be hard on our players especially players like Knight and Monroe because my expectation aren't just limited to what sadly is becoming the norm in the NBA. To be exceptional is to not be which is the norm and Monroe should have aspiration of being like a Tim Duncan or Malone and Knight should want to become the next Zeke.

Kobe did everything Mike like because he not only wanted to be like Mike but better, and though Lebron often denies it so does he. When your aspirations are simply to make High-light reels or have respectable stats that's not aspiring to become Champions.

I don't think I'm making a comparison just showing that at the end of the day that it's these type of Exceptional Players that eventually go on to win Championships because their not settling on what's become the Norm Do you really want that for any of our players? We can't keep resting on the idea that potential will be reached when the effort and drive is there and we can't keep blaming coaches for the players lack of motivation. Do Monroe honestly believe that things will just magically happen for him?
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  Oracle Thu May 30, 2013 8:51 am

"I'm sorry perhaps I'm too Old School but players entering the league during the 80's and 90's came in better prepared for the pros and still found it necessary from day one to improve on their games and to add things." - Wise

I think that's it! While I do agree with you on that score, times have changed, and we can't keep evaluating todays players on a standard that's long past(well partially, not totally)!

In this case, all I'm saying is that I think Greg needs more time to develop! I'm getting sick of these coaches(and GM's) that think PT is the developer!

I don't think we've had a coach that DEMANDS more out of Monroe or Knight for that matter! You get what you demand, like LB did in 2004! They never knew that they could produce at that high a level, and IMO, Carlisle saw what LB did and it made him a better coach!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 25 Empty Oracle

Post  WTF Thu May 30, 2013 7:50 am

Oracle wrote:
WISEFAN wrote:M'man Wise, has stated that Monroe hasn't worked on his game; untrue! His game hasn't been defined to date. Is he a center or a PF? If he's a center why would he be shooting jumpers with Maxiell guarding the basket and he knows he didn't have the foot speed to get to the basket for offensive rebounds? - DX

Sorry DX, but Monroe played 2 seasons with Ben Wallace starting at center so there was plenty of opportunity for Monroe to improve on his mid-range game. Also there is never an excuse to not work on your game regardless of positions so playing the center position doesn't exclude him from improving his mid-range game. Every player at every position should always work on expanding their range and improving their ball-handling skill. These thing should get better every season.

Lets forget about working on his mid range, what about his FT's? If he improve his mid range game he'll likely become a better FT shooter.

Position just simply doesn't matter, Chauncey a PG and an excellent 3pt shooter work on his post game, Rip an excellent shooter of screens worked on improving his range to hit 3 pointers, players should simply improve or add something to their game period.

Wise you aren't thinking any of this through!

There's a reality to the NBA, and adding to your game isn't just doing the things you seem to want him to do.

If it's as easy as you seem to think, try rattling off the number of big men dropping Monroe's numbers in year 3!

As a matter of fact, just cough up ANY of the big men with his numbers, and see what company he's in!

Reality: Job 1 is to become a real NBA player! Everything else is on the back burner until that happens, then you add to your game. He'll get there, just not on your schedule.

Tell me of one thing Monroe has worked on since being becoming pro, not just practice but worked on and improved. He has no signature go to post move, his free throw shooting sucks and as good of a passer he may be his ball handling is horrible especially during clutch moments (CHOKE!)

Just because Monroe numbers are respectable doesn't exclude him from improvement and I really hate this notion that just because others at his position show less commitment to improving on their own game makes it acceptable for Monroe to just skate by.

I'm sorry perhaps I'm too Old School but players entering the league during the 80's and 90's came in better prepared for the pros and still found it necessary from day one to improve on their games and to add things. Not only that when you look at players like Kobe, Duncan, older players and then players like Lebron and Durant these guys have the same approach towards improving. Monroe doesn't have that and yet some find it okay that he lacks this drive and dedication of these players to the game and still want to treat him as franchise. This is the reason why some speak of him already peaking, this is why some think it might be risky to extend him a max deal after this season and we should trade him.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 25 Empty Lawrence Frank wants to coach again

Post  Oracle Thu May 30, 2013 7:21 am

Yeah, and I want to live a thousand years and pork beautiful movie actresses!

Well, I guess we both have about the same odds of scoring Smile
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 25 Empty Pondexter asks out Miss Tennessee

Post  Oracle Thu May 30, 2013 7:17 am

This ritual was transacted on Twitter, and he was hoping and got shocked that she wanted some NBA action, so to speak!

Pondexter asks out Miss Tennessee

FORUM - Page 25 052913-NBA-MISS-TENNESSEE-CHANDLER-LAWSON-DC-PI2_20130529210402615_660_320
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  Oracle Thu May 30, 2013 7:14 am

WISEFAN wrote:M'man Wise, has stated that Monroe hasn't worked on his game; untrue! His game hasn't been defined to date. Is he a center or a PF? If he's a center why would he be shooting jumpers with Maxiell guarding the basket and he knows he didn't have the foot speed to get to the basket for offensive rebounds? - DX

Sorry DX, but Monroe played 2 seasons with Ben Wallace starting at center so there was plenty of opportunity for Monroe to improve on his mid-range game. Also there is never an excuse to not work on your game regardless of positions so playing the center position doesn't exclude him from improving his mid-range game. Every player at every position should always work on expanding their range and improving their ball-handling skill. These thing should get better every season.

Lets forget about working on his mid range, what about his FT's? If he improve his mid range game he'll likely become a better FT shooter.

Position just simply doesn't matter, Chauncey a PG and an excellent 3pt shooter work on his post game, Rip an excellent shooter of screens worked on improving his range to hit 3 pointers, players should simply improve or add something to their game period.

Wise you aren't thinking any of this through!

There's a reality to the NBA, and adding to your game isn't just doing the things you seem to want him to do.

If it's as easy as you seem to think, try rattling off the number of big men dropping Monroe's numbers in year 3!

As a matter of fact, just cough up ANY of the big men with his numbers, and see what company he's in!

Reality: Job 1 is to become a real NBA player! Everything else is on the back burner until that happens, then you add to your game. He'll get there, just not on your schedule.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 25 Empty Coaching

Post  WTF Thu May 30, 2013 6:46 am

While NBA teams seem to be filling coaching vacancies quickly this week, before the Finals begin, the Pistons are still without a replacement for Lawrence Frank, who was fired in short order after the regular season.

The sentiment around the NBA seems to be they will likely choose between former Portland Trailblazers and Seattle Sonics coach Nate McMillan, and Oklahoma City Thunder assistant Maurice Cheeks, who also coached the Philadelphia 76ers and Portland Trailblazers.

Former Atlanta Hawks coach Larry Drew wouldn't mind an interview with the Pistons, and there had been mutual interest, sources familiar with the situation told The Detroit News.

With Spurs assistant Mike Budenholzer taking over in Atlanta, it erases him from the Pistons' list, as he interviewed with them a couple weeks ago.

Possibly, it could open the door for a meeting with the Pistons.

The way Drew handled a combustible team, with expiring contracts and a team that wasn't expected to do much but earned a playoff berth, impressed some in the Pistons' organization.

Comcast Sports Northwest reported the Pistons had a phone interview with Bulls assistant and former NBA player Adrian Griffin, and a source confirmed the meeting, although it would seem to be more a way to get Griffin's name in the league pipeline, similar to the Rooney Rule of the NFL.

As for Memphis Grizzlies coach Lionel Hollins, who's without a contract for next season, it appears the Grizzlies won't allow him to interview for other openings before June 30 and the Pistons could be too far down this road to seriously consider Hollins. He led the Grizzlies to a franchise-best 56-win season before being swept by the Spurs in the Western Conference finals.

The Pistons reportedly have met with Pacers assistant Brian Shaw, but it's likely that he's likely holding out for the Los Angeles Clippers, who just fired Vinny Del Negro after being bounced in the first round.

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20130529/SPORTS0102/305290395#ixzz2Ule0JS3X

Seems the Pistons have already had some discussions with Shaw, IMO Cheeks makes for the better choice and I wish they just go ahead and announce it. Would like to see Drew as Cheeks top assistant.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 25 Empty Position Doesn't Matter

Post  WTF Thu May 30, 2013 6:31 am

M'man Wise, has stated that Monroe hasn't worked on his game; untrue! His game hasn't been defined to date. Is he a center or a PF? If he's a center why would he be shooting jumpers with Maxiell guarding the basket and he knows he didn't have the foot speed to get to the basket for offensive rebounds? - DX

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 25 Empty Joe D...Shaw...Plan B

Post  Go Stones! Thu May 30, 2013 6:30 am

The fact that Joe D is interviewing more candidates for coach could also mean he can't assume that Shaw would take the job, OR that Joe D would even want him. There has been "no interview" yet. Phil Jackson may give a good word, but would you want Phil to do your negotiating? I think it will all work out, but if Shaw doesn't get the job it is b/c it isn't mutual.

In the meantime, Joe D is finding Plan B and stalling until Shaw is available for an interview. It could get really interesting if the Pacers make it to the finals and Joe D still waits for an interview. Patience...
Go Stones!
Go Stones!

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 25 Empty Langlois & Triangle

Post  Sparma Wed May 29, 2013 11:41 pm

Oracle, I find Langlois to be a mixed bag, probably having the best access of the media, but revealing very little directly. As I remember, he once moved his weekly mailbag up a few hours. I was puzzled, but then Frank was fired just afterwards. Maybe a complete coincidence, but his timing allowed him as Pistons spokesperson to escape commenting (that week) altogether while the smoke cleared. With him, a lot of reading between the lines is required. In the thing I cited, I think the following conveys real info, but in the most cloudy way: "if the Pistons are serious about Brian Shaw, there are accommodations to be made to everyone’s benefit."

DX, I don't know if Shaw (if hired) would bring the triangle with him. If he did, I think it could work. Monroe's an excellent passer for a big man and I see signs that Drummond can develop into quite a good passer. In Chicago and LA, they didn't feature a real strong PG, a feature that could come in handy in Detroit if Knight's in charge. Jackson did like big guards, so Shaw's being hired might be an augur of Carter-Williams being drafted. On the down side, in both cases a mega star had the ball in his hands a lot, something that wouldn't be the case here. Also, Gasol and Kukoc facilitated the system by being excellent shooters for big men; Monroe couldn't emulate that role effectively (yet?!), I think.

One of my complaints about Frank was that he didn't have much of an offensive system at all, eventually deferring to Calderon to lay out a pattern. I'd welcome experimentation with the Triangle, if it came to that.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 25 Empty I don't want to be mean, but...

Post  Oracle Wed May 29, 2013 11:35 pm

Could anyone really be excited if Lawrence Frank was returning as coach of our Pistons?

That is one depressing thought for me!

BTW, there is something strange about this coaching search, it reeks of the 3 stooges, IMO!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 25 Empty Badwill

Post  Oracle Wed May 29, 2013 7:49 pm

Go Stones! wrote:
Oracle wrote:"Are the Pistons puttering around waiting to interview Brian Shaw or David Fizdale? No, says The Detroit News’ Vincent Goodwill, who reported the Pistons are done bringing in new candidates." - Report: Pistons interview Adrian Griffin

A link to the article is in that report, but it actually goes to another article!

I remember the article, but now I can't find it!

Is it ODD that after Goodwill reports the Pistons are done interviewing candidates, they interview another candidate and the article is pulled?

My take is that either Goodwill is making things up and typically does, or Joe D wanted it to be known that Goodwill is giving too much info and desired to bring him down a level by embarrassing him...aka showing him up.

I'm of the same opinion, I think Goodwill got ahead of the real news cycle lol!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 25 Empty Goodwill...making things up?

Post  Go Stones! Wed May 29, 2013 7:45 pm

Oracle wrote:"Are the Pistons puttering around waiting to interview Brian Shaw or David Fizdale? No, says The Detroit News’ Vincent Goodwill, who reported the Pistons are done bringing in new candidates." - Report: Pistons interview Adrian Griffin

A link to the article is in that report, but it actually goes to another article!

Is it ODD that after Goodwill reports the Pistons are done interviewing candidates, they interview another candidate and the article is pulled?

My take is that either Goodwill is making things up and typically does, or Joe D wanted it to be known that Goodwill is giving too much info and desired to bring him down a level by embarrassing him...aka showing him up.
Go Stones!
Go Stones!

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 25 Empty Now that the Kings are sold...

Post  Oracle Wed May 29, 2013 7:44 pm

Cavaliers, Bobcats, Mavericks rumored to be interested in DeMarcus Cousins

BTW, Hollins may also find the Nets job interesting, but I still like the players on the Clippers the most!

@Stones - Is this good or bad news? IMO, it's bad! At least that what it's meant since Joe brought in Sheed on the down low! We never seem to be active, and if we are, nothing happens anyway!

Having said that, this year is different and I expect that our Money will do the talking to FA's!

Last edited by Oracle on Wed May 29, 2013 7:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 25 Empty Did they pull Goodwills article?

Post  Oracle Wed May 29, 2013 7:36 pm

"Are the Pistons puttering around waiting to interview Brian Shaw or David Fizdale? No, says The Detroit News’ Vincent Goodwill, who reported the Pistons are done bringing in new candidates." - Report: Pistons interview Adrian Griffin

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 25 Empty Solid Post DX!

Post  Oracle Wed May 29, 2013 4:58 pm

deusXango wrote:"At $6.4 million, Garcia simply isn't worth it.

Instead, the Rockets could use that cap space to make a run at a max contract-caliber player and evolve into one of the Western Conference's elite
."
-The Bleacher Report
From giving players like Donatas Moutijunas and Chandler Parsons a chance to gambling on a medically unfit Royce White, because of his displayed overwhelming talent, to trading for James Harden and paying him his contract demands, they've displayed an honest desire to win. This latest quote shows that in spite of a players popularity, they're willing to move on and use the money for a fan favorite to acquire an elite player.

In this upcoming FA market there are no elite level SF's unless one is honest in admitting that Josh Smith is the only one and is a max contract caliber player; numb skull, penny pinching Pistons fans take the stance he's a PF in support of Dumars not doing a damn thing to improve this team but, Smith's name has been mentioned in connection to Houston since he's been rumored to leave Atlanta (much like Harden's was in OKC). Why do some fans say they want to contend but , don't want to pay the price? What FA is a deserving max contract caliber player? How come all of a sudden Houston owns Detroit on the court?

Knight has been a Piston for one and two thirds seasons, and just turned 21 and a lot of fans are ready to give up on him, even though they're including Stuckey in this years plans for some weak ass reasons. Monroe has been ripped because he doesn't run with the guards but, his basketball I.Q. is never mentioned, like it's a common gift that all players have. M'man Wise, has stated that Monroe hasn't worked on his game; untrue! His game hasn't been defined to date. Is he a center or a PF? If he's a center why would he be shooting jumpers with Maxiell guarding the basket and he knows he didn't have the foot speed to get to the basket for offensive rebounds? Is 10 games at the end of a season sufficient time to develop a PF game? The drum is being beat to get rid of him because he's reached his ceiling at 22 years of age. He showed marked improvement from his rookie season to his sophomore season but, there was the lockout and dumb-ass change in the HC chair, and in addition to playing out of position he had no help! Fans seem to want to run this team on bias and prejudice, even if it means having a roster full of mediocre players.

The Pistons remain my favorite team and I'm a homer but, being in lockstep with a lot of loud mouthed fans, HELL NO!! facepalm

Good stuff on Knight & Monroe!

We have to develop these kids! Knight has a lot of work to do, Monroe less, but it's all critical to our success!

Recognizing that they have holes in their games is a normal process of growth, not a reason to dump them for the next guy that has holes in his game!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 25 Empty Sparma & DX

Post  Oracle Wed May 29, 2013 4:54 pm

LOL, this coach search is being done by dumb asses and amateurs!

The whole process of bringing in Jackson poisoned the entire process since everybody and their mother knew that meant that Shaw was the next HC for Detroit!

Langolis is a fool and a tool, the crap he laid down is silly and makes no sense. It's not complicated... you telegraph the new HC and all you get are scrub coaches interested after that because the good coaches know what's going on!

This is all show, smoke and mirrors!

I'm waiting for the Presser where Joe comes out and says how this was all his idea, but you just can't see the strings and the hand up his arse!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 25 Empty Another reason why Houston is my second favorite team

Post  deusXango Wed May 29, 2013 4:30 pm

"At $6.4 million, Garcia simply isn't worth it.

Instead, the Rockets could use that cap space to make a run at a max contract-caliber player and evolve into one of the Western Conference's elite
."
-The Bleacher Report
From giving players like Donatas Moutijunas and Chandler Parsons a chance to gambling on a medically unfit Royce White, because of his displayed overwhelming talent, to trading for James Harden and paying him his contract demands, they've displayed an honest desire to win. This latest quote shows that in spite of a players popularity, they're willing to move on and use the money for a fan favorite to acquire an elite player.

In this upcoming FA market there are no elite level SF's unless one is honest in admitting that Josh Smith is the only one and is a max contract caliber player; numb skull, penny pinching Pistons fans take the stance he's a PF in support of Dumars not doing a damn thing to improve this team but, Smith's name has been mentioned in connection to Houston since he's been rumored to leave Atlanta (much like Harden's was in OKC). Why do some fans say they want to contend but , don't want to pay the price? What FA is a deserving max contract caliber player? How come all of a sudden Houston owns Detroit on the court?

Knight has been a Piston for one and two thirds seasons, and just turned 21 and a lot of fans are ready to give up on him, even though they're including Stuckey in this years plans for some weak ass reasons. Monroe has been ripped because he doesn't run with the guards but, his basketball I.Q. is never mentioned, like it's a common gift that all players have. M'man Wise, has stated that Monroe hasn't worked on his game; untrue! His game hasn't been defined to date. Is he a center or a PF? If he's a center why would he be shooting jumpers with Maxiell guarding the basket and he knows he didn't have the foot speed to get to the basket for offensive rebounds? Is 10 games at the end of a season sufficient time to develop a PF game? The drum is being beat to get rid of him because he's reached his ceiling at 22 years of age. He showed marked improvement from his rookie season to his sophomore season but, there was the lockout and dumb-ass change in the HC chair, and in addition to playing out of position he had no help! Fans seem to want to run this team on bias and prejudice, even if it means having a roster full of mediocre players.

The Pistons remain my favorite team and I'm a homer but, being in lockstep with a lot of loud mouthed fans, HELL NO!! facepalm
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 25 Empty Sparma

Post  deusXango Wed May 29, 2013 3:08 pm

I hope that you're right and Shaw is a done deal, in spite of Donnie Walsh, and on his way to Detroit. I'm not absolutely certain but, I think that would be a giant step in the right direction and hopefully stabilize the coaching situation for a real rebuild effort. Sparma, I appreciate you clearing that up for me but, I have another concern; can the triangle offense be successfully ran without an Alpha Dog in the mix? Phil Jackson always had an Alpha Dog to run the triangle around.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 25 Empty DX

Post  Sparma Wed May 29, 2013 1:57 pm

Evidently, there's not a league wide prohibition against interviewing assistants while a team is still playing. It seems that Donnie Walsh of Indiana has such a rule, while SA does not. Still, Detroit may well have gotten an accurate reading on Shaw's plans and hopes by way of his agent or even by way of Jackson. That can't take the place of a direct interview, but may be enough to put a hiring decision on hold even as viable candidates are hired elsewhere.

Keith Langlois has some good things to say about the complexity of the situation:

"Jordan Bellant (@jdbell20): Does the waiting on hiring a coach make you think that Brian Shaw is the front-runner?

Langlois: Not really. It stands to reason that Shaw was recommended by Phil Jackson, brought on by Tom Gores as a consultant, but there’s no way to know what conclusions Joe Dumars and Jackson came to regarding Shaw’s fit after they traded ideas. There have been conflicting reports about whether Shaw interviewed with the Pistons or not with indications coming from Indiana that the Pacers are putting a hold on interviews for their assistant coaches until after the playoffs. That sounds good, but when San Antonio has allowed Mike Budenholzer to interview for jobs, including Detroit’s, before accepting Atlanta’s job on Tuesday with his team on the verge of the NBA Finals, there’s probably more nuance to the situation than we’ve been led to believe. In other words, if the Pistons are serious about Brian Shaw, there are accommodations to be made to everyone’s benefit. To be clear, I’m not suggesting Shaw is a front-runner or in the mix, or that what Indiana is saying publicly (or quasi-publicly) doesn’t necessarily match the reality. Joe Dumars said last week that while there was no timetable, things were moving along and that more candidates than had been reported have been interviewed. Keep in mind, also, that while sometimes long-shot candidates are happy to have their names linked to certain jobs for perception’s sake, there are just as many instances when legitimate candidates very much want their association kept under wraps. That’s a long way of saying that a lot of analysis has been written and spoken about the coaching search based on only a fraction of the evidence being known."

Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 25 Empty Is this good or bad news?

Post  Go Stones! Wed May 29, 2013 1:34 pm

So there was a BleacherReport article that showed all the big free agents and then listed top interested teams. The Pistons, with tons of money available to spend this summer, did not make the list for ANY of the players. Is this because no one sees Detroit as a winning team, or are they underdogs and that is in Detroit's favor?

One characteristic of Joe D is he is not in the limelight and getting quotes in the national press. He is the opposite of diva. He most likely was embarrassed with all the attention we got with Larry Brown back in the day. I think Detroit as the underdog is to our advantage.
Go Stones!
Go Stones!

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 25 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next