Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+12
frankied
Murph
merc
Rett
Sebastian
lemonpen
Sissy1946
Grizz
cool breeze
WTF
Phil-Good
Fennis Dembo
16 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Shat Up P-Boy

Post  WTF Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:09 pm

Phil1980boy wrote:I told you. Stick to bashing Joe Dumars. That's all your good for. When it comes to NBA basketball you don't have A (GOT DAMN CLUE What IN THE HELL IS GOING ON)!!!

How about the Pistons the 2900000011010101010 first round pick for A brain for you SOUR CYNIC? Hows about that trade?

What you meant to say was since Joe hasn't done it yet it's not a good idea and until Joe say's it Sour Cynic boo to you. You are such a suck ass Sour Pee Sheets Pee Boy!
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Not too sure about Drummonds but he will be there at 9

Post  Phil-Good Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:57 pm

Not too sure about Drummonds character, will or drive to be A good NBA player but I do know he will be there at 9 and I'm not sure I would draft him.

Too much K.Brown in his DNA for me to feel good about him as A Detroit Pistons.

We will see???
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty drummond = kwame brown?

Post  frankied Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:45 pm

Phil1980boy wrote:Not too sure about Drummonds character, will or drive to be A good NBA player but I do know he will be there at 9 and I'm not sure I would draft him.

We will see???
i really don't see the comparison.
other than the fact that they are both incredible physical specimens.
id kwame had decent hands, he would have been a defensive player of the year candidate, a league-leading rebounder, at least a decent offensive player.
while i'm not a huge kwame brown fan, i think he gets a bad rap.
he was always a decent defensive player, who provided decent low post defense. but he was a below-average rebounder, which really hurt him. and a lousy offensive player.
but his bad rebounding and his bad offensive play could both be traced to his achilles heel: his bad hands.
drummond, on the other hand, has great hands. some of the best hands of any big guy you will see. he's got the same potential as kwame, defensively, but he'll probably be a better rebounder because of his hands, and he may end up being a much better offensive player, because of his superior hands.
even now, he's a good rebounder and a good shotblocker.
something as simple as good or bad hands can make a huge difference in how guys turn out. the one thing i really like about drummond is, that in addition to having a great physical profile, he also has great hands. imho, that says that he'll at least be worth the 9th pick and that his potential to be a bust is very low.
i'd take him in a heartbeat, and pretty much be happy if he blocked shots and rebounded and played defense. anything i got offensively would be gravy.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  frankied Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:54 pm

Murph wrote:
frankied wrote:cooking with cap space?
since when has joe ever done anything with the cap space he had?
or cap space he could have gotten?
AI? Sheed? Tay?
all chances to get cap space because sizable contracts were coming off the books and what did joe ever do?
zilch? even worse than zilch when he used the cap space on CV and BG because now he had to give up a first round choice in order to get rid of BG. just a freakin utter disaster.
these days, because of the new CBA, cheap young players are golden.
the draft is the best way to get cheap young players.
first round draft choices are the best way to get good cheap young players.
setting your team up to sign free agents is the worst and most expensive way to try to acquire talent, especially with the new CBA.
joe apparently doesn't quite get that. like he always, at least for the last 6 or 7 years, seems to be a little behind, as far as figuring out what the league is doing and what works.
this is simply the latest example of how out of touch joe d is with the way to run a good basketball team these days.

Hey frankie. Wecome back. I miss reading your posts (although I don't miss arguing with you... box )

The weird thing about this trade is that it actually perpetuates the disasterous Iverson/Billups trade. Think about it. If Joe had never traded Billups, he never would have signed BG, so he wouldn't have had to dump BG's salary, so he wouldn't have had to give up this 1st round draft choice in order to do so. This trade actaully compounds the mistakes of the Billups trade...4 years later. And once that 1st round pick is actually made, and we can watch that player develop for another team thoughout his NBA career...that will perpetuate the Billups mistake even longer.

This kind of reminds be of the Doyle Alexander/John Smoltz debacle...where we had to watch Smoltz star for the Braves for 22 years after the Tigers dumped him...and 19 years after Doyle Alexander retired.

Anyway...as Grizz to aptly stated, "Next!"
thanks grizz and murph and deus and cool breeze and wise and all. nice to have interesting stuff to talk about.
the only good thing about the BG trade is that he didn't make basically the same trade last year when it looked like he was going to dump rip in the same type of trade. from what i recall, the rip trade would have involved giving up last year's lottery pick, which would have been even worse than doing the deal on a lottery protected pick.
the only question about this trade is how bad it will ultimately get? how low - how good - a pick will they get?
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty drummond might be available!

Post  frankied Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:57 pm

with waiters going 4th, the opens up the possibility that drummond might slip even further!
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty 2012 NBA Draft WOW! So far!

Post  Phil-Good Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:59 pm

Thomas Robinson anybody????
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

Post  Oracle Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:02 pm

With this kids size, he's worth a risk!

He'll always be tradable, the NBA NEVER gives up on BIG(see Kwame Brown & Darko)!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  frankied Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:09 pm

drummond could happen!
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

Post  frankied Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:13 pm

toronto picks drummond. i can see it now!
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Hell Yeah...

Post  Oracle Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:17 pm

We can get the FIRST center of the draft, and finally move Monroe to the 4!!!

We can officially have NBA size in the frontcourt!!!

Joe, get Drummond NOW!!!

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty its drummond!!!!!

Post  frankied Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:18 pm

i like it!
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty WHo in the hell should the Detroit Pistons draft?

Post  Phil-Good Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:19 pm

Who should the Pistons get??? I really don't know????
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty ross = a poor man's brandon roy

Post  frankied Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:19 pm

ross is good. another seattle guard...a hybrid wing with some point guard skills.
he reminds me of brandon roy, even if he doesn't quite have roy's ballhandling skills.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty joe lucks out again!

Post  frankied Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:20 pm

for the second time in 3 years, he gets lucky!!!
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty joe lucks out again!

Post  Oracle Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:23 pm

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Drummond in the fold!!!!

We're ready to PLAY BALL!!!

Like I say when I'm flying... give me the lucky Pilot!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty great! great!!! great!!!!!

Post  frankied Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:24 pm

i love it!!! now they just have to keep ben around to be his personal coach!
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty drummond looks buzzed!!!

Post  frankied Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:26 pm

looks like he may have smoked a couple of doobies before the telecast!
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty A.Drummonds.

Post  Phil-Good Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:27 pm

I had no clue that this Kid should just be receiving A High School Diploma this summer. WOW!
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Drummond could hold down the middle for years!!!

Post  Oracle Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:27 pm

Just 18!!!

If we can get Kaman to start, this kid can come along slowly, or faster if he develops quicker.

Another Joe D win!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Andre Drummond!!!

Post  Sebastian Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:37 pm

Joe is a lucky dude and not as dumb as some may want to think ... Monroe, Knight, and Drummond ... sweet.

Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Drummond

Post  WTF Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:43 pm

I like the pick really didn't think he would be there at 9....Yeah Joe ass got lucky again.

Okay PBoy start sucking Joe ass now after calling Drummond the next coming of Kwame, let's hear you flip the script and say how Joe is GM of the year for making this selection. facepalm You're such a kiss ass

DX at least you don't have to worry about the weight issue, Drummond is all of 279 lbs of lean muscle party

Go Joe! that's two good things in 2 days, no trade Tay, Daye and Maxiel asses for another pick and I won't call you names the entire season.

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  frankied Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:47 pm

Oracle wrote:Just 18!!!

If we can get Kaman to start, this kid can come along slowly, or faster if he develops quicker.

Another Joe D win!
all drummond has to do next year is play about 25 minutes a game, block shots, rebound, and catch lobs from monroe and dunk them.
he can probably do those things.
with his size and athleticism and defensive ability, he should be ok, just doing those things.
he is exactly what the team needed. and unlike henson, we don't have to worry about him developing an nba body. this guy already has a great nba body.
great pick.
an incredibly lucky pick.
just like with monroe, in the next couple of years, teams will be wondering how they could have passed on a big guy like him.
remember when monroe came out?
some of the same stuff - motor questions - were said about monroe. this is just a young kid who is just starting to understand what he needs to do to be a real nba player.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty That's right...

Post  Oracle Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:48 pm

WISEFAN wrote:I like the pick really didn't think he would be there at 9....Yeah Joe ass got lucky again.

Okay PBoy start sucking Joe ass now after calling Drummond the next coming of Kwame, let's hear you flip the script and say how Joe is GM of the year for making this selection. facepalm You're such a kiss ass

DX at least you don't have to worry about the weight issue, Drummond is all of 279 lbs of lean muscle party

Go Joe! that's two good things in 2 days, no trade Tay, Daye and Maxiel asses for another pick and I won't call you names the entire season.

The only mock draft that predicted Drummond would go to the Pistons was [Only admins are allowed to see this link](at least that I saw).

I never expected him to be there, that's why I was hoping for Leonard.

Joe is one lucky dude, now don't do anything bone headed Joe, LOL!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  WTF Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:51 pm

frankied wrote:
Phil1980boy wrote:Not too sure about Drummonds character, will or drive to be A good NBA player but I do know he will be there at 9 and I'm not sure I would draft him.

We will see???
i really don't see the comparison.
other than the fact that they are both incredible physical specimens.
id kwame had decent hands, he would have been a defensive player of the year candidate, a league-leading rebounder, at least a decent offensive player.
while i'm not a huge kwame brown fan, i think he gets a bad rap.
he was always a decent defensive player, who provided decent low post defense. but he was a below-average rebounder, which really hurt him. and a lousy offensive player.
but his bad rebounding and his bad offensive play could both be traced to his achilles heel: his bad hands.
drummond, on the other hand, has great hands. some of the best hands of any big guy you will see. he's got the same potential as kwame, defensively, but he'll probably be a better rebounder because of his hands, and he may end up being a much better offensive player, because of his superior hands.
even now, he's a good rebounder and a good shotblocker.
something as simple as good or bad hands can make a huge difference in how guys turn out. the one thing i really like about drummond is, that in addition to having a great physical profile, he also has great hands. imho, that says that he'll at least be worth the 9th pick and that his potential to be a bust is very low.
i'd take him in a heartbeat, and pretty much be happy if he blocked shots and rebounded and played defense. anything i got offensively would be gravy.

I agree frankied Kwame did get a bad rep he was serviceable and wasn't playing bad before the injury and I don't see the comparsion either. Drummond also has a year of college ball under his belt and wasn't drafted by tyrant egotistic ex-super star.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Exactly!

Post  Oracle Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:56 pm

frankied wrote:
Oracle wrote:Just 18!!!

Another Joe D win!
all drummond has to do next year is play about 25 minutes a game, block shots, rebound, and catch lobs from monroe and dunk them.
he can probably do those things.
with his size and athleticism and defensive ability, he should be ok, just doing those things.
he is exactly what the team needed. and unlike henson, we don't have to worry about him developing an nba body. this guy already has a great nba body.
great pick.
an incredibly lucky pick.
just like with monroe, in the next couple of years, teams will be wondering how they could have passed on a big guy like him.
remember when monroe came out?
some of the same stuff - motor questions - were said about monroe. this is just a young kid who is just starting to understand what he needs to do to be a real nba player.

Monroe was called too unathletic, slow, no drive, and look at the great player he turned into.

Drummond has been hated on, but the kid is just 18, he's barely out of diapers!!!

For the first time in a long time, I'm really excited about the Pistons, and to get this season started!

I can't believe we actually have NBA size again, seems like ages!

Also, your comment about Henson is right on! I was really concerned about his frail body. He'll be a good player, but he's not a center, and that would have kept Monroe at center, playing out of position.

Now Monroe will have to make some adjustments, the PF's are a lot quicker than the centers he's been beating, but I have full confidence he won't have a problem.

Great day in Piston Land!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next