Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+12
frankied
Murph
merc
Rett
Sebastian
lemonpen
Sissy1946
Grizz
cool breeze
WTF
Phil-Good
Fennis Dembo
16 posters

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Here's where Biff Burns has been hangin' out

Post  merc Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:52 pm

LMAO... [Only admins are allowed to see this link]
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Here is the word on Beasley to Detroit Or Phoenix so far.

Post  Phil-Good Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:38 am

"Even your news sucks! P-Boy where did you read that from, off a posted note when you empting trash cans at the fieldhouse...." lol lol lol

I have to give it up to you Sour Cynic that was A good one.

Here is the word on Beasley. I hope Joe can pull it off!!

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Here is the word on Beasley to Detroit Or Phoenix so far.

Post  WTF Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:24 am

Phil1980boy wrote:"Even your news sucks! P-Boy where did you read that from, off a posted note when you empting trash cans at the fieldhouse...." lol lol lol

I have to give it up to you Sour Cynic that was A good one.

Here is the word on Beasley. I hope Joe can pull it off!!

This is why you're such a dwibb Piss-Boy as I thought you got the info from a trash can facepalm of all places a rumor page. Not a very good source, but it does explain alot about your postings.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  WTF Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:48 am

No need to be pussying footing around with playing Drummond, or any other players projected to be the future of this team. You put them on the floor together 30 minutes plus win lose or draw, while they grow into a consistant cohesive group, that's how you build chemistry.

Caring and worrying about rookie walls, rookie mistakes and whatever else nonsense is plan silliness. God I hate this dumb as thinking ESPN has brought to the game, all the dumbass meaningless stats use to give the talking heads and fans something to talk about. You simply didn't hear all this dumb shit in the 80's, per this per that, plus this, and minus that. Did Zeke, Magic, Bird, Ewing, MJ, Charles, Duncan, Hill and so on did they hit the rookie walls or limited PT based on experience. Somewhere with all the over fucking analysis of the game/players teams have forgotten to simply play the players they drafted.

If you are a freaking drafting in the lottery that player should automatically get a starting position just on the merit of being drafted in the top 14. The only way they don't is if you already have a dominated player at the position that player would play. Pistons don't already have a center so Drummond automactically get the start on the merit of being selected at #9 and the Pistons not having a center, unless you dum dums think he outta be splitting PT with JMax and Ben old ass.

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Odds & Ends

Post  Murph Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:08 am

I see the Pistons are also inviting Yancy Gates to play on their Summer League team, although I doubt if there's a roster spot available for him.

If this Ukrainian kids works out, as a reserve center, Brian Hill will deserve the credit. Hill previously coached Kravtsov on the Ukrainian National Team.

It will be nice to have two true centers on the roster next season, along side Monroe. The Pistons will be as big and physical as any team in the NBA.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Strong agreement, Murph. .. I think we all are pleased a bunch of true bigs are on the roster

Post  Grizz Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:19 am

Murph wrote:I see the Pistons are also inviting Yancy Gates to play on their Summer League team, although I doubt if there's a roster spot available for him.

If this Ukrainian kids works out, as a reserve center, Brian Hill will deserve the credit. Hill previously coached Kravtsov on the Ukrainian National Team.

It will be nice to have two true centers on the roster next season, along side Monroe. The Pistons will be as big and physical as any team in the NBA.

Even though I am personally mad about the Billups / Hamilton numbers give a way (Does this make FA vets look at our team less positively? Why wouldn't it?) .. Joe has a good string of successes going that mean he is still capable of thinking without a donut in his hand. If Joe is cool to FAs nowadays (the burned hand teaches best, didnt it Ben G and Charlie V? Sad lol ).. then that is a good thing now that we see Roy Hibbert of the Pacers being offered 14.5 million PER for 4 years. Might end up being that great but it does not seem likely. YET Vyacheslav Kravtsov is well worth the gamble, and while we will not know the exact dollars until July 11th, the guess is that it is a reasonable 2 or 3 years at 3 to 5 million. For sure even the number 1 pick in the draft is some gamble .. Len Bias (OK he was the 2nd!) anyone? I am just glad to see Joe thinking of a team again without 5 SGs and 5 SFs again. Why the eff did that take so long? Now retire Billups' number and show some respect!
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Odds & Ends

Post  WTF Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:56 pm

Murph wrote:I see the Pistons are also inviting Yancy Gates to play on their Summer League team, although I doubt if there's a roster spot available for him.

I'm also glad we're adding size to the roster and you're right Grizz, What took Joe so freaking long? I'm hoping this Ukrain kid came just give us a solid 15 mnutes every night. If all the things they're saying about him is true than I say we have a serviceable big and a starting center in Drummond.

Still think there is one more move to be made before the season starts rather it's to clear more cap space or improve the SF position it's almost certain another move is required. Time to let go of Bynum, Daye and JMax
for certain.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Ends & Odds

Post  WTF Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:15 pm

The team will be long and athletic with some decent perimiter defenders if English becomes or 3rd guard, Frank should use a lot of zone defense. It will hide CV's defensive issues and protect Drummond some.

Okay I have to say this but this would be a team I would love to see Flip coaching and run the offense through Monroe as he did with KG.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Behind the scenes on draft night...lolololol!!

Post  Rett Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:04 pm

Dumars said the Pistons got exactly the players they wanted in the draft but said he grew anxious after selecting Middleton at No. 39. He said he knew what the 40th through 43rd picks would be, before the Pistons picked again at No. 44, with one exception – Milwaukee, at No. 42, was an X-factor, so Dumars called up Bucks general manager John Hammond, his former assistant GM in Detroit.

“I said, ‘Who are you taking?’ ” Dumars recounted. “He said, ‘Who are you waiting on?’ I said, ‘Don’t play with me John, who are you taking?’ He said, ‘We’re taking Doron Lamb.’ I said, ‘Cool.’ He said, ‘Who are you taking?’ I said, ‘We’re taking Kim English. If y’all call out Kim English, I’m getting on (Interstate) 75, because it’s on.’ ”

Oh, Yeah....

GO PISTONS!!!!!

Rett

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty One Of This Players Should Be A Shame

Post  WTF Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:54 pm

2012 Summer League Schedule

Date Game Time
July 9 Detroit vs. Utah 3:00 p.m. ET
July 10 Detroit vs. Orlando 3:00 p.m. ET
July 11 Detroit vs. Oklahoma City 1:00 p.m. ET
July 12 Detroit vs. Boston 11:00 a.m. ET
July 13 Detroit vs. Philadelphia 12:00 p.m. ET

2012 NBA Summer League Roster

Player POS HT WT DOB College NBA Exp.
Austin Daye PF 6-11 190 6/5/88 Gonzaga 3
Andre Drummond C 6-11 279 8/10/93 Connecticut R
Kim English G 6-6 200 9/24/88 Missouri R
Yancy Gates F/C 6-9 289 10/15/89 Cincinnati R
Armon Johnson G 6-3 195 2/23/89 Nevada-Reno 2
Brandon Knight G 6-3 189 12/2/91 Kentucky 1
Vernon Macklin F/C 6-10 227 9/26/86 Florida 1
Khris Middleton G/F 6-7 217 8/12/91 Texas A&M R
Patrick Richard G 6-4 208 1/25/90 McNeese State R
Kyle Singler F 6-8 228 5/4/88 Duke R
Casper Ware G 5-10 177 1/17/90 Long Beach State R
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty One Of This Players Should Be A Shame

Post  deusXango Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:45 pm

Wise, are you talking about our 6' 11" PF that only weighs more than our PG's? I'm interested to know who has an interest in this guy, other than us. Yancy Gates got damn near 100 fierce lbs. on this guy, and he won't even make the team. We can't get rid of all the shame overnight I guess.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty One Of These Players Should Be A Shame

Post  WTF Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:00 pm

deusXango wrote:Wise, are you talking about our 6' 11" PF that only weighs more than our PG's? I'm interested to know who has an interest in this guy, other than us. Yancy Gates got damn near 100 fierce lbs. on this guy, and he won't even make the team. We can't get rid of all the shame overnight I guess.

Yep that would be the one. The one that's going into his 4th season and still playing in summer league games with the rookie players. It like any success he has over the skewed, weakened overly stated , on the other hand is he doesn't dominate in these games then it show what a wasted pick he was at 15.

I sure this wasn't voluntary on Daye's part, I'm sure both Lil Larry and Fat Joe insisted on it.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Article On Yancy Gates

Post  WTF Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:42 am

Yancy Gates knew several days before the NBA draft was conducted last Thursday night that he would not be selected.

“His agent called a couple days before and said he probably wouldn’t be,” Gates’ father, Tony Dees, said Monday.

His agent was right. The former University of Cincinnati forward, who was considered a borderline pick in the weeks leading up to the draft, was indeed passed over and now must find a different path to reach his goal of playing in the NBA.

“He was a little disappointed,” Dees said.

But not surprised.

The 6-foot-9 forward from Withrow High School worked out twice for the San Antonio Spurs, who were very frank about their concerns about Gates’ weight and his commitment to keeping it down. Gates weighed 287 pounds when he participated in the Portsmouth Invitational in April.

While he was at UC, he was listed at anywhere from 260 to 265 pounds, but Dees said Gates never weighed less than 270. The Spurs wanted him at between 245 and 250.

“He would go back to his dorm at night and eat pizza,” Dees said. “You can’t do that.”
Despite not getting drafted, Gates still hopes to find his way to the NBA. He has been invited to take part in summer camps with the Detroit Pistons and the Orlando Magic. He’ll then play in Las Vegas on the Sacramento Kings’ NBA Summer League team, where he’ll have another chance to make an impression, beginning July 13. Thirteen of the top 14 picks in the draft are expected to play in the league.

Gates’ top priority now is to get his weight down. Dees said Gates currently weighs 262.

“I’ll be running him as soon as I get off work,” Dees said.

A four-year starter at UC, Gates led the Bearcats to two NCAA tournaments, including last season’s appearance in the Sweet 16. He finished his career at No. 14 on UC's career scoring list with 1,485 points and No. 9 on the rebounding list with 916.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Summer League

Post  Murph Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:37 am

The rotation I most want to see play in Summer League is:

PG: Knight
SG: English
SF: Singler, Middleton
PF: Gates
C: Drummond

IMO, this team could use an enforcer like Yancy Gates. He'd give this power-puff team of ours a nasty edge...the way Rick Mahorn use to do. box

Murph

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:36 pm

WISEFAN wrote:No need to be pussying footing around with playing Drummond, or any other players projected to be the future of this team. You put them on the floor together 30 minutes plus win lose or draw, while they grow into a consistant cohesive group, that's how you build chemistry.

Caring and worrying about rookie walls, rookie mistakes and whatever else nonsense is plan silliness. God I hate this dumb as thinking ESPN has brought to the game, all the dumbass meaningless stats use to give the talking heads and fans something to talk about. You simply didn't hear all this dumb shit in the 80's, per this per that, plus this, and minus that. Did Zeke, Magic, Bird, Ewing, MJ, Charles, Duncan, Hill and so on did they hit the rookie walls or limited PT based on experience. Somewhere with all the over fucking analysis of the game/players teams have forgotten to simply play the players they drafted.

If you are a freaking drafting in the lottery that player should automatically get a starting position just on the merit of being drafted in the top 14. The only way they don't is if you already have a dominated player at the position that player would play. Pistons don't already have a center so Drummond automactically get the start on the merit of being selected at #9 and the Pistons not having a center, unless you dum dums think he outta be splitting PT with JMax and Ben old ass.

Gotta agree with ya there Wise... not like we have a lot of better options... if Monroe is moving over to PF then get it started now.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty SUMMER LEAGUE GOING INTO THE BIG LEAGUE

Post  deusXango Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:16 pm

Murph wrote:The rotation I most want to see play in Summer League is:

PG: Knight
SG: English
SF: Singler, Middleton
PF: Gates
C: Drummond

IMO, this team could use an enforcer like Yancy Gates. He'd give this power-puff team of ours a nasty edge...the way Rick Mahorn use to do. [Only admins are allowed to see this image]

Murph, you've really got your thinking cap on, and I hope that the coaching staff takes a real long look at those players chemistry. I'm curious to see how English and Knight fit in particular. There has to be a war waged for the one remaining SF spot, and I want to see if Joe did his homework in drafting Middleton, and finally getting a look at Singler.

Is it just me that want to Gates and Macklin replace Villanueva and Maxiell? I've got this sneaking suspicion that Macklin is a far better athlete than Villanueva, and Gates will intimidate like Maxiell never could. We all want to see Drummond get the work in with the big boys; he should be something to see.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty WE need a real starting SF ...

Post  Sebastian Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:17 pm

Joe should get the Memphis Grizzlies brass on the phone and offer Tay, Charlie V., and Will B. for Rudy Gay. The trade works financially and would offer the Grizzlies a more flexible roster and potential replacements for Mayo (Will B.) and Speights (Charlie V.). This trade would offer the Grizzs for cap relief, as Tay, Charlie V., and Will B. salaries would come off of the books, sooner than Gay's contract. Also, Tay, Charlie V., and Will B. are three players that could potentially get the Grizz deeper through the playoffs.

This is a good trade for both squads.

Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty WE need a real starting SF ...

Post  WTF Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:23 pm

Sebastian wrote:Joe should get the Memphis Grizzlies brass on the phone and offer Tay, Charlie V., and Will B. for Rudy Gay. The trade works financially and would offer the Grizzlies a more flexible roster and potential replacements for Mayo (Will B.) and Speights (Charlie V.). This trade would offer the Grizzs for cap relief, as Tay, Charlie V., and Will B. salaries would come off of the books, sooner than Gay's contract. Also, Tay, Charlie V., and Will B. are three players that could potentially get the Grizz deeper through the playoffs.

The numbers match but I don't think the Piston would be willing to pay Gay all that money long term. Plus does Gay really fit? Keep in mind there has to be strong role players on this team not just on the bench but in the starting unit as well. Is there enough shots for Gay, Stuckey and Monore? I don't think so..

I want an agressive player at the SF position, someone not timid and afraid to take a big time shot, defends hard, but knows his role. Gay is not a role player and would he be happy being a third option or maybe a fourth option?

I think this trade works better for Memphis than it does for us. BTW Will Bynum replacing Mayo I can't believe you type that, Bynum should still be in D-League
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty A REAL AGGRESSIVE small FORWARD!

Post  deusXango Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:40 pm

Derrick Williams, anyone? That'd be one hell of a trade, if Joe could pull it off.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty I pass on Rudy Gaye Massive contract

Post  Phil-Good Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:47 pm

Rudy has that Kevin Durant, Dwight Howard, Kobe Bryant, type of contract.

If Joe traded for Rudy say good bye to B.K 7. or G. The Moose Monroe and A nice extension to both of them that they will deserve by the time it's set and done.

PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thumbs down thumbs down thumbs down
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:50 am

DX, you made the Mlive piece...
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty I have been watching all 66 games over again

Post  Phil-Good Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:37 am

I have been looking at the past season over again. I was watching 1 play it was amazing. Greg Monroe grabs the rebound and pushes the basketball up full court only to make A no look pass to Brandon Knight for the two had slam.

It was A Cavs At The Palace. AMAZING! B.Knight had 24 points and was shooting the lights out!

We got something special here Piston fans!!
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty High on Knight

Post  Grizz Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:09 am

Phil1980boy wrote:I have been looking at the past season over again. I was watching 1 play it was amazing. Greg Monroe grabs the rebound and pushes the basketball up full court only to make A no look pass to Brandon Knight for the two had slam.

It was A Cavs At The Palace. AMAZING! B.Knight had 24 points and was shooting the lights out!

We got something special here Piston fans!!

Phillip .. great you can rewatch these games ... Knight has put on some amazingperformances this season ... Maybe with a few better teammates this season, BK will have even more breakout all star kind of games. I have to admit, I was not always impressed on how the offense ran this past season .. Head Coach has to deliver this season .. For many of us, including Gore, the play-offs are more than reachable .. when you consider that Atlanta is rebuilding and the Celtics are really going to be old .. and the Pacers MAY lose Hibbert .. It is on Frank to lead the young players towards improving their game at each of their positions and as a team .. Gut feeling is the team should be over 500, and that is going to feel good after 4 bad years!
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Just Thinking Out Loud

Post  WTF Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:17 am

Just what we need another "Fake Ass Big Three" Williams, Johnson and potentially Howard in Brooklyn together. IMO the Nets will give up far too much in a trade for Howard, I guess they're hoping Stern and theh Ref will gift them a title as well. facepalm

The Pistons have a Big Three in Dummond, Monroe and Knight hehe hopefully

The Lakers getting Nash and possibly Hill adding them to the current core of Kobe, Bynum and Gasol could put them back as the top title contender. While OKC was ganked out of a title this year they still seem to be missing a piece to their puzzle and if they lose Harden it'll be 2 pieces.

Do we have pieces here to help aid OKC cause, perhaps Tay and CV in a sign for some future drafts pick and a crate of donuts. Just Thinking.

Apparantly P-Boy Beasley didn't want to play for Joe.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Rudy, Rudy, Rudy ....

Post  Sebastian Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:10 pm

WISEFAN wrote:
Sebastian wrote:Joe should get the Memphis Grizzlies brass on the phone and offer Tay, Charlie V., and Will B. for Rudy Gay. The trade works financially and would offer the Grizzlies a more flexible roster and potential replacements for Mayo (Will B.) and Speights (Charlie V.). This trade would offer the Grizzs for cap relief, as Tay, Charlie V., and Will B. salaries would come off of the books, sooner than Gay's contract. Also, Tay, Charlie V., and Will B. are three players that could potentially get the Grizz deeper through the playoffs.

The numbers match but I don't think the Piston would be willing to pay Gay all that money long term. Plus does Gay really fit? Keep in mind there has to be strong role players on this team not just on the bench but in the starting unit as well. Is there enough shots for Gay, Stuckey and Monore? I don't think so..

I want an agressive player at the SF position, someone not timid and afraid to take a big time shot, defends hard, but knows his role. Gay is not a role player and would he be happy being a third option or maybe a fourth option?

I think this trade works better for Memphis than it does for us. BTW Will Bynum replacing Mayo I can't believe you type that, Bynum should still be in D-League

Au contraire Wise One, Rudy Gay would be what the doctor ordered. As I have stated and you have agreed this trade would be beneficial to the Grizzs, but having Rudy join OUR roster would be the tonic to OUR malaise and irrelevance, since 2008.

With Rudy, WE become a more aggressive team and a far better offensive team. I would contend that everyone, becomes a better offensive player with Rudy on the floor/roster, because now OUR 3 position has to be respected by every opponent WE face. Yes, LeBron James, Melo, Durant, all would have to play Rudy honest, opening seems and opportunities for Knight, Stuckey, Moose, Drummond. Also, Rudy is entering his prime. The guy turns 26 on August 17 (the birthdate of the great Marcus Mosiah Garvey).

Every team is going to have to pay somebody, why not it be Rudy who gets paid on OUR roster. The guy grew up in Baltimore, played his college ball at the school where OUR leading scorer in playoff history won a NCAA Title, and has played his entire career in perhaps the worst city (sorry Memphis) in the League. Rudy would probably be happy to play in the "D" and join the brotherhood, as Drummond calls OUR roster/organization.

Also, this trade would have to provide more time and greater definition of the roles that will be fulfilled by English, Maggette, and Jerebko.

And, because of the aforementioned benefits WE become a more competitive team; a more relevant team, and can begin to sell tickets, again.

Check this, Wise, you know as well as I and everybody else who post on this forum know that WE are not ever going to get a big name player to sign as a free agent. We will need to always acquire OUR players via the Draft and trades.

Now, this question about extending Moose and Knight, this can be done with the cash made available from Maxey's and Magette's contracts coming off the books.

WE can always then use the mid-level to maybe sign a 2nd-tier FA and draft to fill in the gaps on the roster.

Note; I will give you the jab about Bynum replacing Mayo, but WE can always swap Daye for Mayo, rather than Bynum for Mayo. And, this would probably still be an appealing trade for Memphis and Bynum would offer US a change of pace off the bench, as he has in the past and his $3,000,000 off of OUR books can be added to Moose's and Knight's extensions.

Joe needs to make this trade, now!!!!
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next