Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+12
frankied
Murph
merc
Rett
Sebastian
lemonpen
Sissy1946
Grizz
cool breeze
WTF
Phil-Good
Fennis Dembo
16 posters

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty Machado...

Post  Murph Wed May 30, 2012 9:14 am

deusXango wrote:The case I make for Scott Machado is he's a true pass first PG who can shot from the outside. I Know that Prince talked about our need for a veteran PG, but Knight is not just a talented player, but a highly intelligent, talented player who is a "gym rat." Working out and playing with a player the caliber of Machado, he's sure to grasp the fine points of passing the ball, and expanding his vision of the floor. Machado coming in the 2nd round is gonna be cheaper than any vet we could sign with comparable skills, plus his age will allow him to be (hopefully) a part of our rebuilding effort. If we got him I'd wish him nothing but success. Keep in mind that we're trying to build the best bench in basketball. Everyone's high on Monroe, Knight, Stuckey, and Prince has his supporters, so why not concentrate on a bench through the draft instead of signings? I think that Machado could be a valuable piece.

I agree with DX. I think Scott Machado would make a very intriguing 2nd round pick, for exactly the reason's stated above. I mean the kid LED THE NATION IN ASSISTS PER GAME. That has to be worth something. And even though Machado played in a 3rd rate conference, several other PGs have come out of 3rd rate programs recently to play very well in the NBA. Jeremy Lin, Isaiah Thomas and Charles Jenkins come to mind. Machado represents a risk, but a risk well worth taking in the 2nd round.

However, I also agree with Wisefan when he wrote:

"DX the reason why a veteran PG is needed is because none of these guys can step up and be a leader. IMO the perfect thing to do would be to bring CB back that's if he would ever want to come back here and let him do for Knight what he initailly started doing with Stuckey."

Personally, I'd draft Machado, sign Chauncey to a veteran's contract to tutor both Knight and Machado, and either cut Bynum or carry Byum as a 6th guard behind Knight, Stuckey, Gordon, Chauncey and Machado.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty Dear Basketball Gods!

Post  Phil-Good Wed May 30, 2012 11:11 am

Good day basketball Gods! Can my Detroit Pistons have the number 1 pick this year please?

I don't ask for too much basketball Gods. But today I'm calling on you to do me this favor and let my Detroit Pistons land the # 1 draft Pick for 2012 NBA Draft.

I would love to see the uni-brow for the 2012/13 season playing for the red, white and blue Detroit Pistons.

tb tb
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty Charlie V. and OKC

Post  Sebastian Wed May 30, 2012 12:34 pm

I hope like hell Joe has pulled a chair up in front of his TV to check out these Western Conference Finals.

He needs to get Presti on the phone and offer him Charlie V. straight-up for their 28th pick. OKC needs a Stretch Four in the worst way. Charlie V. would be a perfect compliment to their current roster.

Joe get your ass to work!
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty A SOUR PEE BOY FAIRY TALE

Post  WTF Wed May 30, 2012 9:51 pm

Once upon a time there was a Dumb Ass Poster named Pee Boy who wished upon a falling star in hope of a #1 Pick in this years NBA Draft. Sour Pee Boy was the ultimate ass sucker of the Great Fat King of the Palace of Auburn Hills Joe Dumars and during his woken hours he ran throughtout the village chanting Joe Is Great, Joe Is Great. facepalm He did this all in hopes of King Dumars getting a no-brainer pick again because Sour Pee Boy knew as hard as the King tried he was a Piss Poor GM who ranks 26th in all the land.

But little did Sour Pee knew, the Great Stern would come from out of nowhere it seems and rig the draft like he did the prior year NBA Draft to appease Cavs fan as he has done in many other lottery selection. All in a span of 30 minutes cruel minutes Sour Pee Boy dreams were dashed away as it was announced the Detroit Pistons would be selecting 9th in this years draft. lol!

Sometimes Sour Pee Boy you say the dumbest shit and saying that Joe would again be the greatest ever once he the #1 pick was dumb. Just thought I mention it Cheerleader.

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty Message For Fat Joe

Post  WTF Wed May 30, 2012 10:04 pm

Now lets watch Mr. Dumars blow a perfect opportunity to land Kaman over the summer. With NO holding that #1 pick Kaman is a priority for them. Kaman can be had at a decent price, so why waste money on resigning JMax and continuing to pay an over-paid SG in Ben Gordon?

Think about it Fat Joe a frontourt that includes Monroe, CV, Kaman, Macklin and Henson or Keller. And since Tay like rebuilding teams so damn much ship his arse to NO for Vasquez and Eric Gordon.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  Oracle Wed May 30, 2012 10:24 pm

Sebastian wrote:I hope like hell Joe has pulled a chair up in front of his TV to check out these Western Conference Finals.

He needs to get Presti on the phone and offer him Charlie V. straight-up for their 28th pick. OKC needs a Stretch Four in the worst way. Charlie V. would be a perfect compliment to their current roster.

Yeah, CV would fit well in the West!

OKC may out score SA at home, but if they don't start playing DEFENSE, they'll never beat them in SA!

IMO, they really don't want to play defense as much in the west, and CV would fit right in. His only problem is that while defense is low in the west, they do expect you to grab a couple of rebounds, and run the floor.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  Oracle Wed May 30, 2012 10:32 pm

Phil1980boy wrote:Good day basketball Gods! Can my Detroit Pistons have the number 1 pick this year please?

I don't ask for too much basketball Gods. But today I'm calling on you to do me this favor and let my Detroit Pistons land the # 1 draft Pick for 2012 NBA Draft.

I would love to see the uni-brow for the 2012/13 season playing for the red, white and blue Detroit Pistons.

tb tb

Oh well, the team owned by the NBA wins the lottery... I wonder what the odds of that happening were?
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty SHEER LUCK?

Post  Grizz Wed May 30, 2012 11:25 pm

Oracle wrote:
Phil1980boy wrote:Good day basketball Gods! Can my Detroit Pistons have the number 1 pick this year please?

tb tb

Oh well, the team owned by the NBA wins the lottery... I wonder what the odds of that happening were?

Oracle .. the odds were 100% that NO would win the lottery .. Wish I had seen this coming because it is too obvious to ignore .. Get the NBA out of team management now!

Last edited by Grizz on Wed May 30, 2012 11:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty Another reason I picked OKC is

Post  Grizz Wed May 30, 2012 11:28 pm

Oracle wrote:
Sebastian wrote:I hope like hell Joe has pulled a chair up in front of his TV to check out these Western Conference Finals.

OKC may out score SA at home, but if they don't start playing DEFENSE, they'll never beat them in SA!

IMO, they really don't want to play defense as much in the west, and CV would fit right in. His only problem is that while defense is low in the west, they do expect you to grab a couple of rebounds, and run the floor.

.. I thought Durant was ready to emerge as the heir apparent to Michael Jordan ... He still may take the Spurs-OKC series over ..with a little more help from his teammates and better game time head coaching ... but then again .. MJ was beaten down 3 straight play-offs by our Bad Boys .. another deep team that played hard, with a great PG which defended even more tenanciously than the Spurs ..
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty I will personally organize and pay for a "Joe Dumars is an Awesome GM, Eat a Dozen Doughnuts" Parade Day if ..

Post  Grizz Wed May 30, 2012 11:33 pm

... over the summer Mr. Dumars manages to trade even just one of the following: (CV or BG or Jmax or Daye or Stuckey or Bynum or Wilkins or Russell Jr.) for any player without a felony arrest warrant on him .. TT TT Joe dance dance Yes .. this means I still see these players as untradeable, and it is our GM's fault ..
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty Well thanks anyways basketball Gods!

Post  Phil-Good Wed May 30, 2012 11:51 pm

I still keep the faith.

But on to A few topics. First was the idea of moving Charlie Vanilla over to OK City for the 28th pick. This is A great trade Idea. Really good.

OK City has some major decisions to make salary wise. Ibka who will be looking for A D.Jordan type of contract because he is 1000 times the player Jordan could ever hope to be. Also James Harden who is close to A max salary player. With the new luxury tax penalties OK City can't keep all these young guys without gutting the team.

So dumping Charlie Vanilla to OK City will not happen.

SOUR CYNIC. You such A BUM I'm not talking to you today! Your post is so far off and you so far gone up Joe Dumars ass with all your hate that you can't even think straight. thumbs down thumbs down

Anyways, the only way I see the Pistons dumping C.Vanilla is by taking on another bad contract. Somebody like Andrey Blatch, or Amir Johnson, Tyrus Thomas, Michael Beasley, Andris Biedrins (Mark Jackson would kill Charlie Vanilla) and Josh Childress. Very bad contracts!

And I don't think the Pistons will do anything like that for now. I could be wrong.
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty Truth Hurts Huh Sour Pee Boy

Post  WTF Thu May 31, 2012 12:47 am

SOUR CYNIC. You such A BUM I'm not talking to you today! Your post is so far off and you so far gone up Joe Dumars ass with all your hate that you can't even think straight.

You know what I miss about post on the old Detnews forum? That's going back to previouus posting to get all the dumb shit poster like you post. You remember posting that dumb shit about Joe and getting the 1st pick in the draft. Anywho lets see what the Greatest GM In The World do with this 9th pick.

Basketball Gods,,,pssst is that where you get all your so call basketball knowledge? from the invisible B-Ball God. You are right about one thing I do hate Joe as a GM Sour Pee Boy.......
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty ANYONE KNOW HOW I CAN GET THIS TO JELLY & HOWDY?

Post  deusXango Thu May 31, 2012 1:33 am

deusXango wrote:Other than the 1st pick (Anthony Davis), I'd do my best to trade down, with Houston as my trade partner; I see no difference in quality of players slated to go from 2-9. The only real difference is we'd pay more for less talent the higher we draft. My offer to the Rockets would be our pick in the 1st round along with returning the 2nd rounder that they owe us, plus Will Bynum and the rights to Kyle Singler. In return I want their 14th and 16th pick this year, and next years unprotected 2nd rounder. It's win-win for both sides. They need a big man in the 2-9 range more than we do, and Bynum would solve their expected guard problem, while placing us in a more advantageous position, draft wise.

Trade Ben Gordon if at all possible, if not don't sweat it; amnesty him! Bid farewell to Damien Wilkins and Walker Russell Jr. Allow/encourage Maxiell to walk. If Austin Daye came into camp 1 ounce under 225 lbs. "adios mi amigo" (for the past 3 years his off season training regime seems to consist of no more than playing one-on-one with dad, in the driveway, at the mansion). With all the class this organization can muster, show Ben Wallace a fitting retirement; show him the dignity and respect he deserves for all the hard work he did for the Pistons.

With #14 I'm drafting Arnett Moultrie, and #16 Royce White. In the 2nd round with our #39 I'm taking Scott Machado. An above the rim "highlight" player, a below the rim cerebral matchup monster, and a legit pass first PG that's an extraordinary passer. All that's left is to acquire a FA center or two, if the price is right. I'd pay Omer Asik the full MLE, but I wouldn't go overboard by paying someone like Chris Kaman max money. I'm waiting for next year to see if we can add Cody Zeller or Jeff Withey, but my roster for 2012-13 would be set with:
Center- Omer Asik, good as any big or better that's coming out this year, with the exception of Ant. Davis. Monroe and Macklin are backups.
PF- Greg Monroe, the man. Arnett Moultrie,the rookie. Vernon Macklin,the boy. Charlie Villanueva,the b!tch. (That ankle thing!)
SF- Tayshaun Prince, our grizzled vet. Royce White, our real deal 3rd wheel for the Pistons "Big 3." Jonas Jerebko, "Mr. plug him in anywhere, anytime."
SG- Rodney Stuckey, has the contract, let's see the transition to SG completed. Brandon Knight is a real "combo guard" if ever there was one.
PG- Brandon Knight, our "fearless leader." Scott Machado, the rookie PG that'll make our evolving 3 guard rotation work.
I'm leaving the 12th spot open for what the future may bring, because these guys would put us firmly in the playoffs and surpass the "gangs that can't shoot straight," Indy and Philly.
Time to get busy, and a whole lotta sh!t talkin' and a cloud of dust ain't busy. Do what you gotta do to get us back on top!! mad
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Thu May 31, 2012 3:12 am

WISEFAN wrote:Now lets watch Mr. Dumars blow a perfect opportunity to land Kaman over the summer. With NO holding that #1 pick Kaman is a priority for them. Kaman can be had at a decent price, so why waste money on resigning JMax and continuing to pay an over-paid SG in Ben Gordon?

Think about it Fat Joe a frontourt that includes Monroe, CV, Kaman, Macklin and Henson or Keller. And since Tay like rebuilding teams so damn much ship his arse to NO for Vasquez and Eric Gordon.

Are you this negative at work?... a little over the top my friend... losing cycles happen to every team not named the Spurs... for the sake of all posters... lighten up.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Thu May 31, 2012 3:22 am

Oracle wrote:

Agreed... CV would work well for teams that needs a stretch 4 (why do I hate that term?)... can't help but wonder why CV was so bad that he couldn't get enough PT for "trade stock"?... this is a serious blemish on his resume.... one option is a buyout (am-nasty is not likely) or wait a year to get real value on his expiring deal... IMO we should send him on a paid vacation (ala Eddy Curry) so we can receive something in return.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty The Fix is ON!

Post  Grizz Thu May 31, 2012 8:15 am

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

The NBA is becoming like wrestling .. God this SUCKS! FUCK THE HEAT and STERN you can go to fucking hell with your in HEAT FOR THE HEAT while rigging the lottery for your NBA team! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil I didnt see the goddamn game but .. this big middle finger iS FOR YOU STERN! thumbs up
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty Joe Dumars and Biff Burns Watching the NBA Draft Lottery Together

Post  Fennis Dembo Thu May 31, 2012 11:47 am

Joe Dumars and Biff Burns Watching the NBA Draft Lottery Together

Biff Burns: You need to change the channel. This is channel four. Jeopardy is on now. Put on ESPN. Speaking of Jeopardy, that’s what your job will be in if you don’t get a good player in this draft.
Joe Dumars: I’ve got my rabbit’s foot, horseshoe, and lucky ladybug. I’m pulling out all the stops.
Biff Burns: Too bad we aren’t on Tom Gores’ yacht. We might spot an albatross, that is supposed to be a sign of good luck for sailors.
Joe Dumars: I never heard of it. What is it?
Biff Burns: It’s a large sea bird.
Joe Dumars: I wonder if it tastes like chicken?
Biff Burns: It is a bloody freakin’ sea bird. It has bloody freakin’ albatross flavor.
Joe Dumars: Red sky at night sailor’s delight. Red sky in morning sailor’s take warning.
Biff Burns: I think that is more of a weather omen than a luck indicator. Although being caught in a storm on the high seas can’t be considered good luck.

Joe Dumars: We’ve got a 1.7% chance of getting the first pick. Those sailors in the storm have a better chance than we do.
Biff Burns: The odds are better for you picking up Beyonce, Vanna White, and Betty White in a bar tonight.
Joe Dumars: Our chances of getting the second pick are 2%.
Biff Burns: That’s about the same as a member of the Detroit Lions’ chances of not being arrested during the off season.
Joe Dumars: Our chances of getting the third pick are 2.4%.
Biff Burns: I think your odds of being run over by the People Mover are much better than you choosing third.

Announcer: The third pick in the 2012 NBA Draft goes to the Washington Wizards.
Joe Dumars: Oh, crapola! Son of a Bee! I hate ping pong balls!
Biff Burns: They will probably choose some guy who can’t figure out which basket to shoot at.

Announcer: The second pick in the 2012 NBA Draft goes to the Charlotte Bobcats.
Joe Dumars: Noooooo not them! We are so screwed!
Biff Burns: Knowing Jordan, he’ll probably pick Kwame Brown’s younger brother who is still in junior high.

Announcer: The first pick in the 2012 NBA Draft goes to the New Orleans Hornets.
Joe Dumars: We deserve the pick not them. The fix is on. I hate you David Stern!

Biff Burns: Well it looks like you’ll be picking ninth. With a little luck, you still should be able to get a good player that can contribute right away.
Joe Dumars: Yes, but if we had one of the top three choices it would be a sure thing.
Biff Burns: Not so fast my friend, not necessarily. You once had the second pick in the draft and that did not turn out so well for you.
Joe Dumars: Don’t go there. I’m warning you. Don’t say his name or I swear I’ll beat you to a pulp.
Biff Burns: Okay, I’m just saying in 2003 you picked a certain seven foot guy from Serbia whose name rhymes with Marco. He wasn’t exactly a world beater.
Joe Dumars: I’m putting my hands over my ears. I can’t hear a word you’re saying. Nanananana.
Biff Burns: When you watch the NBA Draft Lottery with Joe, it is just simply the best half hour of entertainment. He could win an Emmy for the best actor in a sitcom.

Last edited by Fennis Dembo on Thu May 31, 2012 12:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

Fennis Dembo

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty @Merc

Post  WTF Thu May 31, 2012 12:01 pm

merc wrote:
WISEFAN wrote:Now lets watch Mr. Dumars blow a perfect opportunity to land Kaman over the summer. With NO holding that #1 pick Kaman is a priority for them. Kaman can be had at a decent price, so why waste money on resigning JMax and continuing to pay an over-paid SG in Ben Gordon?

Are you this negative at work?... a little over the top my friend... losing cycles happen to every team not named the Spurs... for the sake of all posters... lighten up.

Nope Merc work pays the bills and the majority of the time 99% I in control of my work day, and how my work progresses while I'm at work (see even I managed to find time in my work day to respond). No guess work here there are goals and plans, a real vision unlike what happens at the Palace.

As for lightening up...forget about it... I lighten up when they start contending again or when Joe is no longer GM. I want subscribe to that theory of shit happens and it happen to all teams. What we suffer with our team and be throgh was self inflicted brought on by very bad GM'ing. Sorry Merc but I don't have that same vote of confidence you have in Mr. Dumars and neither will I subscribe to this happens to every team theory. This hasn't happen to LA, Dallas, I don't recall them going 3-4 straight seasons without making the playoffs.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty DEJA VU

Post  deusXango Thu May 31, 2012 2:43 pm

When you repeatedly do the same thing over and over, not only does it become a habit, but you tend to get good at it.
We've watched Joe make stupid-ass moves, of every variety, time and again, and give lame ass excuses as to why. Piston fandom, to a ridiculous extent, has eaten it up like a pack hungry dogs going after a pork chop. Sad. We've gotten used to mediocity, and hold out hope for a better tomorrow, regardless of what our eyes tell us. We're experts at denying reality.

We had the 2nd pick in one of the best drafts in recent memory, and that player couldn't get off the bench; the #15 pick in a mediocre draft was designated the face of the franchise on one of the best teams the Pistons have put on the floor. The logical pick at #2 was overlooked in favor of a light-in-the-ass SF from the left coast. We overlooked several team need players (who now are top flight performers in the NBA) to draft another left coast stringbean who has no defined position! 6' 11", 190 lbs.! Too weak to play against PF's. Too slow to guard SF's. Too gumpified to challange SG's; but he's got form on his jump shot. "Boy's going to be something one day," we tell ourselves. Not only couldn't he gain 15 lbs. and maintain it last year, he hasn't been able to do that in 3 years! 5 lbs. a year is too much to ask?! Joe Dumars drafted 4 SF's 3 years ago. The 1st ain't sh!t. The 2nd he's given up on. The 3rd is the best of the lot, and will be a helluva bench player for anyone. The 4th he gave away draft night. The 4th was the best of the bunch! We got lucky with Monroe and Knight, but I think that mojo ain't working no more. Too much talk about Henson and Zeller. Name schools attended is making them sexy picks at #9. If they went anyplace else, with the same statistics, they wouldn't be as appealing.

The Pistons needs extend further than solving with a pick, but we need multiple mid 1st round picks, and at least one meaningful FA signing....not another Damien Wilkins, or Tracy McGrady, but a bonafide center. Not only does our GM need to acquire multiple 1st rounders, but all the picks need to be well researched, evaluated for on court proficiency, and given coaching with adequate PT. No more mystery doghousing, like Macklin got last year, but allow the fans the opportunity to see for ourselves who can play, and who can't. On a personal note, I hate to see us going into the draft with Joe Dumars and Scott Perry calling the shots. I have absolutely no confidence in them.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty RE: DEJA VU

Post  WTF Thu May 31, 2012 7:10 pm

deusXango wrote:When you repeatedly do the same thing over and over, not only does it become a habit, but you tend to get good at it.
We've watched Joe make stupid-ass moves, of every variety, time and again, and give lame ass excuses as to why. Piston fandom, to a ridiculous extent, has eaten it up like a pack hungry dogs going after a pork chop. Sad. We've gotten used to mediocity, and hold out hope for a better tomorrow, regardless of what our eyes tell us. We're experts at denying reality.

We had the 2nd pick in one of the best drafts in recent memory, and that player couldn't get off the bench; the #15 pick in a mediocre draft was designated the face of the franchise on one of the best teams the Pistons have put on the floor. The logical pick at #2 was overlooked in favor of a light-in-the-ass SF from the left coast. We overlooked several team need players (who now are top flight performers in the NBA) to draft another left coast stringbean who has no defined position! 6' 11", 190 lbs.! Too weak to play against PF's. Too slow to guard SF's. Too gumpified to challange SG's; but he's got form on his jump shot. "Boy's going to be something one day," we tell ourselves. Not only couldn't he gain 15 lbs. and maintain it last year, he hasn't been able to do that in 3 years! 5 lbs. a year is too much to ask?! Joe Dumars drafted 4 SF's 3 years ago. The 1st ain't sh!t. The 2nd he's given up on. The 3rd is the best of the lot, and will be a helluva bench player for anyone. The 4th he gave away draft night. The 4th was the best of the bunch! We got lucky with Monroe and Knight, but I think that mojo ain't working no more. Too much talk about Henson and Zeller. Name schools attended is making them sexy picks at #9. If they went anyplace else, with the same statistics, they wouldn't be as appealing.

The Pistons needs extend further than solving with a pick, but we need multiple mid 1st round picks, and at least one meaningful FA signing....not another Damien Wilkins, or Tracy McGrady, but a bonafide center. Not only does our GM need to acquire multiple 1st rounders, but all the picks need to be well researched, evaluated for on court proficiency, and given coaching with adequate PT. No more mystery doghousing, like Macklin got last year, but allow the fans the opportunity to see for ourselves who can play, and who can't. On a personal note, I hate to see us going into the draft with Joe Dumars and Scott Perry calling the shots. I have absolutely no confidence in them.

Sssssh be quiet DX or Merc will hear us. DX the fact that both those players put up the numbers they did makes them appealing. If they put those same numbers up in a weaker conference then they might not be sexy picks. They play in a conference with Duke, Kentucky and a few others so I agree and don't agree with your statement.

I think the most appealing thing about Zeller and I'm always a fan of players that get the benefit from staying four years is that he stayed and progreesed each season. How can you frown at 16 pts and almost 10 board his Jr and Sr season? As for Henson well he's far more fundamentally sound then an Austin Daye and JJ was coming in to the NBA. Is either Henson or Zeller super stars?.........Nope! But both can be immediate impact players if used properly .

Yes Joe is a Moron.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty Toured The Palace and Practice Facility Today

Post  WTF Thu May 31, 2012 7:29 pm

Nice suite Mr. Gores but I will have to say that the cologne and cigar smoke is still lingering but indeed very nice digs.

If I wasn't afraid of going viral I would post photos I took in the locker room, of course I tried getting into Joe's office but they weren't having it neither would they allow me to slip my note under his door.

Kind of interesting seeing the Palace empty, I never knew about the bunker suites at the Palace and decide the first thing I would buy with my Mega Winnings would be a bunker suite, it has no view of the court but comes with 4 floor sits.

As for Karma perhaps they need to sweeten up the vistors locker room some. Don't treat the vistor like shit except when on the court. I swear their were sweat stains on the carpet and they claim they just updated it weeks ago. Hate to see what it looked like then.

I loved the hallway leading to the locker room maybe those pic I will share, but I have special pic for all of my CV hating buddys though. I had mix emotions looking at the names above each locker room stall, Wilkens, Walker, even eyeing Gordon and JMax jerseys made my stomach turn. Of course none of the players were around go figures so I guess we can look for another shit season. There was 2 empty stalls can wait to see what 2 rookies will be sitting on the opposite sides of Prince.

Note to Joe don't try none of that MJ nonsense of offerring free season tickets, MJ have topped all of you dumb offers, Buy season get a season free WTF!
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty DEJA VU

Post  deusXango Thu May 31, 2012 10:04 pm

WISEFAN wrote:

I think the most appealing thing about Zeller and I'm always a fan of players that get the benefit from staying four years is that he stayed and progreesed each season. How can you frown at 16 pts and almost 10 board his Jr and Sr season? As for Henson well he's far more fundamentally sound then an Austin Daye and JJ was coming in to the NBA. Is either Henson or Zeller super stars?.........Nope! But both can be immediate impact players if used properly .

Peep this Wise, cause I know that you can understand the logic to this. There is no real big difference in players slated to be taken from 9 to 16; wouldn't it be better to have 2 than 1? How about this then? Regardless of position, players slated to be selected from 9 through 25 are better than over half of our current roster. I'm not sold on the veteran arguement, because veteran assholes are just assholes that have been at it for awhile; we ain't trying to build a team of assholes, are we?

Trade somebody and our #9 to move back in the draft for multi-picks and/or future considerations. I've been advocating trading picks with Houston, cause they have 2 mid 1st round picks. We've got 4 out of 5 starters, and 1 proven bench player that deserves to be a part of our rebuild....why not add 3-4 rookies that can play, and sign a FA? Wouldn't that give us a team we could all rally around?
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty Phil1980boy's Mock Draft for now.

Post  Phil-Good Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:10 am

2. T.Robinson and Biyombo combo will be A good front court.

3. Michael Kid point blank period!

4. Bradley Beal and Irving will be A sick combo 1,2 punch.

5. Kendall Marshall. Sacramento will take A pure Point Guard all day long watch and see.

6. Harrison Barns for Portland.

7. Golden is not A very smart organization so who really knows but they might take Andre Drummond but don't be shocked if they take A bust like Perry Jones III.

8. Toronto will select the best player on the bored at 8 and that is Jeremy Lamb

9. Pistons will take John Henson all day long believe me. The second best center in this draft when it's all said and done.

10. Austin Rivers. A.Davis and Austin Rivers is A great Draft for any Organization in the NBA.
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty Cool!

Post  Grizz Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:31 am

WISEFAN wrote:Nice suite Mr. Gores but I will have to say that the cologne and cigar smoke is still lingering but indeed very nice digs.

If I wasn't afraid of going viral I would post photos I took in the locker room, of course I tried getting into Joe's office but they weren't having it neither would they allow me to slip my note under his door.

Kind of interesting seeing the Palace empty, I never knew about the bunker suites at the Palace and decide the first thing I would buy with my Mega Winnings would be a bunker suite, it has no view of the court but comes with 4 floor sits.

As for Karma perhaps they need to sweeten up the vistors locker room some. Don't treat the vistor like shit except when on the court. I swear their were sweat stains on the carpet and they claim they just updated it weeks ago. Hate to see what it looked like then.

I loved the hallway leading to the locker room maybe those pic I will share, but I have special pic for all of my CV hating buddys though. I had mix emotions looking at the names above each locker room stall, Wilkens, Walker, even eyeing Gordon and JMax jerseys made my stomach turn. Of course none of the players were around go figures so I guess we can look for another shit season. There was 2 empty stalls can wait to see what 2 rookies will be sitting on the opposite sides of Prince.

Note to Joe don't try none of that MJ nonsense of offerring free season tickets, MJ have topped all of you dumb offers, Buy season get a season free WTF!

Cynic .. how cool to get a report from a forum member about the Piston's locker rooms .. thanx!
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty Good Call!

Post  Grizz Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:34 am

Phil1980boy wrote:
2. T.Robinson and Biyombo combo will be A good front court.

3. Michael Kid point blank period!

4. Bradley Beal and Irving will be A sick combo 1,2 punch.

5. Kendall Marshall. Sacramento will take A pure Point Guard all day long watch and see.

6. Harrison Barns for Portland.

7. Golden is not A very smart organization so who really knows but they might take Andre Drummond but don't be shocked if they take A bust like Perry Jones III.

8. Toronto will select the best player on the bored at 8 and that is Jeremy Lamb

9. Pistons will take John Henson all day long believe me. The second best center in this draft when it's all said and done.

10. Austin Rivers. A.Davis and Austin Rivers is A great Draft for any Organization in the NBA.

Phillip .. good call on Henson .. If Joe D gets him .. I would be ready to call that a GREAT pick .. more info on Henson .. seems like just what the Pistons need ..

By Joe Treutlein

John Henson has steadily improved his game in each of his three seasons in Chapel Hill, but the former top-5 high school recruit is still nowhere near his potential, which is scary given how key a role he already plays on one of the best teams in college basketball.

Henson's minutes and role have expanded slightly this season, as he's seeing a higher percentage of opportunities with his back to the basket, but his production and efficiency numbers are similar to last season.

On the offensive end, Henson has greatly improved his post-game in his three years at UNC, and has developed a solid go-to move in his unorthodox left-handed hook shot, which he uses far more often than his natural right hand. Henson's post game is unconventional in style, something that stems largely from his very unique physical characteristics, namely his very long legs and superb coordination and balance for his size.

Henson does a great job establishing a wide base in the post, spreading his legs out to take full advantage of his range on drop-steps and turnaround hook shots, getting separation with ease.

His ability here is enhanced even further by his coordination and balance, as he is very fluid going from move to counter move, and has no problem going up from awkward positions. He's very capable of finishing from areas of the court that would be difficult for other bigs, using his freakish length and smooth athleticism to extend up from under the rim, showing good ability to finish with both touch and power.

Projecting Henson's post game to the next level, there are some significant question marks, namely in how he will adjust when his notable lack of strength becomes more of an issue. Henson doesn't show significant problems establishing deep post position against college level competition, but could have a much tougher time against pros. His ability to finish consistently outside 10 feet is not great at this stage, as his jump shot is still unreliable and he uses face-up drives sparingly.

Henson's ability to finish off the ball has been slightly less featured this season, as he's forced to share touches with a very dominant offensive big man in Tyler Zeller, but is certainly his most attractive offensive skill from an immediate perspective in the NBA.

Henson's combination of coordination, length, athleticism, hands, and ability to finish with finesse and power make him extremely dangerous operating on cuts and pick-and-rolls, both of which could be utilized even more effectively than they are now in the right system at the next level. Henson's actually been used very sparingly on pick-and-rolls this season, especially going to the basket, and that may actually be his most potent offensive skill at the next level.

One nice thing about Henson's game that has become more apparent as he's bulked up from 183 pounds as a freshman to a still wiry 220 pounds this season is his toughness going to the basket, as he has no problem going up for a power dunk when he has the opportunity, something that happens very frequently given his height and length.

The biggest weakness with Henson's offensive game is still his extremely unreliable shooting ability, as evidenced by the fact that his 50% free-throw percentage this season is actually a three year high (he shot 44% as a freshman, 48% as a sophomore).

Henson occasionally shows flashes with his mid-range jumper, and is slightly better with turnaround jumpers from the 10 foot range, but is extremely inconsistent overall and lacks much in the area of feel with his jumper. Developing an at least respectable free-throw and mid-range jumper would be very helpful to Henson's transition to the NBA, and should be a focus in his pre-draft preparation.

While Henson's offensive game is still raw and developing, the same cannot be said for his defense and rebounding, which are his strongest selling points in terms of immediate impact. Henson's tools on this end are phenomenal, and he does an excellent job utilizing them, as we've outlined in our past reports of him.

While there are some questions about Henson's ability to not get backed down in the post at the next level due to his slight frame and average toughness, he makes up for it somewhat by using his smothering length to block shots in man-to-man situations.

Henson's perimeter defense is much more of a sure thing to translate, as he possesses elite tools and abilities to defend power forwards in this regard, while also having the ability to effectively switch onto guards. He's also superb defending pick-and-rolls, showing excellent change of direction ability that when combined with his length allows him to trap hard and still recover to his man.

Henson's pace-adjusted rebounding and shot blocking are both slightly down this season, but still rank among the best in our database, especially for power forwards. He does a great job applying his tools in these areas with his excellent motor, and would likely be able to devote even more energy to these areas in the NBA as he continues to add strength to his frame.

Looking forward, Henson is already an extremely effective college player even though he's nowhere near his potential physically or technically. He should be able to make an instant impact in the pros on defense, the glass, and finishing of the ball offensively, though how effective he is on both ends of the floor initially will depend somewhat on how well his coach utilizes his skills.

Improving his perimeter shooting ability and continuing his difficult struggle to add strength and weight to his slight frame should be his biggest priorities in the pre-draft process, though he will likely be a top-10 pick by virtue of his tremendous upside regardless.

From DraftExpress.com [Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next